Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Spain
Publications967 found, 100 shown here
- Raposo V, Osuna E. Embryo dignity: the status and juridical protection of the in vitro embryo. Med Law. 2007;26:737-46 pubmed..The embryo's life is recognized as a constitutional value which deserves juridical protection, but not as a person. It only becomes a person with birth. ..
- Anton E, Escalante M. An unexpected finding in bacterial pneumonia. Neth J Med. 2008;66:213, 215 pubmed
- Milara J, Mata M, Mauricio M, Donet E, Morcillo E, Cortijo J. Sphingosine-1-phosphate increases human alveolar epithelial IL-8 secretion, proliferation and neutrophil chemotaxis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;609:132-9 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates for the first time that S1P participates in the alveolar epithelial interactions in vitro. ..
- Marin J, Castaño B, Blazquez A, Rosales R, Efferth T, Monte M. Strategies for overcoming chemotherapy resistance in enterohepatic tumours. Curr Mol Med. 2010;10:467-85 pubmed
- Llorens J, Soler Martín C, Saldaña Ruíz S, Cutillas B, Ambrosio S, Boadas Vaello P. A new unifying hypothesis for lathyrism, konzo and tropical ataxic neuropathy: nitriles are the causative agents. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011;49:563-70 pubmed publisher..Recently, neuronal degeneration has been found in rats exposed to acetone cyanohydrin. Taken together, the neurotoxic properties of nitriles make them excellent candidates as causative agents for konzo, lathyrism and TAN...
- Fortian A, Gonzalez E, Castaño D, Falcon Perez J, Millet O. Intracellular rescue of the uroporphyrinogen III synthase activity in enzymes carrying the hotspot mutation C73R. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13127-33 pubmed publisher..The intracellularly recovered C73R-UROIIIS protein shows enzymatic activity, paving the way for a new line of therapeutic intervention in CEP patients. ..
- Muñoz A, Serrano E, Villa A, Valdés M, Botía J. An approach for representing sensor data to validate alerts in Ambient Assisted Living. Sensors (Basel). 2012;12:6282-306 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a guideline to use the tool when validating alerts is also provided. Finally, the functionality of the proposed tool is demonstrated through two real cases of alert. ..
- De La Iglesia D, Garcia Remesal M, de la Calle G, Kulikowski C, Sanz F, Maojo V. The impact of computer science in molecular medicine: enabling high-throughput research. Curr Top Med Chem. 2013;13:526-75 pubmed..It aims to provide information that can be useful to support ongoing research and work to improve diagnostics and therapeutics based on molecular-level insights. ..
- Navarro Flores E, Morales Asencio J, Cervera MarÃn J, Labajos Manzanares M, Gijon Nogueron G. Development, validation and psychometric analysis of the diabetic foot self-care questionnaire of the University of Malaga, Spain (DFSQ-UMA). J Tissue Viability. 2015;24:24-34 pubmed publisher..15; p < 0.01). The findings show that the questionnaire is a valid and reliable tool for evaluating foot self-care behavior in diabetic patients. ..
- Stepien M, Duarte Salles T, Fedirko V, Trichopoulou A, Lagiou P, Bamia C, et al. Consumption of soft drinks and juices and risk of liver and biliary tract cancers in a European cohort. Eur J Nutr. 2016;55:7-20 pubmed publisher..This study provides some insight into possible associations of HCC with sugary drinks intake. Further exploration in other settings is required. ..
- Pozo Balado M, Rosado SÃ¡nchez I, MÃ©ndez Lagares G, RodrÃguez MÃ©ndez M, Ruiz Mateos E, Benhnia M, et al. Maraviroc contributes to the restoration of the homeostasis of regulatory T-cell subsets in antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected subjects. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:461.e1-5 pubmed publisher..The correlation between eTreg cells and CD4 counts, lost before treatment, was only restored by maraviroc. The differential effect of maraviroc on Treg subsetsÂ contributes to understanding its immunomodulatory effects. ..
- Panes J, Garcia Olmo D, Van Assche G, Colombel J, Reinisch W, Baumgart D, et al. Expanded allogeneic adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells (Cx601) for complex perianal fistulas in Crohn's disease: a phase 3 randomised, double-blind controlled trial. Lancet. 2016;388:1281-90 pubmed publisher..Cx601 is an effective and safe treatment for complex perianal fistulas in patients with Crohn's disease who did not respond to conventional or biological treatments, or both. TiGenix. ..
- Urdiales GÃ¡lvez F, Delgado N, Figueiredo V, Lajo Plaza J, Mira M, OrtÃz MartÃ F, et al. Preventing the Complications Associated with the Use of Dermal Fillers in Facial Aesthetic Procedures: An Expert Group Consensus Report. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2017;41:667-677 pubmed publisher..For a full description of these Evidence-Based Medicine ratings, please refer to the Table of Contents or the online Instructions to Authors www.springer.com/00266 . ..
- Tokunaga E, Akiyama H, Soloshonok V, Inoue Y, Hara H, Shibata N. Biological evaluation of both enantiomers of fluoro-thalidomide using human myeloma cell line H929 and others. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182152 pubmed publisher..The angiogenesis of fluoro-thalidomides is also investigated and compared to thalidomide. The data obtained in this study paves the way towards novel pharmaceutical research on fluoro-thalidomides. ..
- Manzano Salgado C, Casas M, Lopez Espinosa M, Ballester F, Iñiguez C, Martinez D, et al. Prenatal Exposure to Perfluoroalkyl Substances and Cardiometabolic Risk in Children from the Spanish INMA Birth Cohort Study. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:097018 pubmed publisher..Perfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) may affect body mass index (BMI) and other components of cardiometabolic (CM) risk during childhood, but evidence is scarce and inconsistent...
- Guerrero J, Pozo D, García Mauriño S, Carrillo A, Osuna C, Molinero P, et al. Nuclear receptors are involved in the enhanced IL-6 production by melatonin in U937 cells. Biol Signals Recept. 2000;9:197-202 pubmed..These results show that the expression of nuclear melatonin receptor but not membrane receptors is sufficient for melatonin to activate cytokine production in human lymphocytic and monocytic cell lines. ..
- Valderrama F, Duran J, Babia T, Barth H, Renau Piqueras J, Egea G. Actin microfilaments facilitate the retrograde transport from the Golgi complex to the endoplasmic reticulum in mammalian cells. Traffic. 2001;2:717-26 pubmed
- Lujan M, Bosque M, Mirapeix R, Marco M, Asensio O, Domingo C. Late-onset congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation of the lung. Embryology, clinical symptomatology, diagnostic procedures, therapeutic approach and clinical follow-up. Respiration. 2002;69:148-54 pubmed..The diagnostic method of choice is the CT scan. The recommended treatment is radical surgery of the lesion once diagnosis has been established. Malignancy and relapses are very infrequent when radical surgery is not postponed. ..
- Santos C, Lima M, Montiel R, Angles N, Pires L, Abade A, et al. Genetic structure and origin of peopling in the Azores islands (Portugal): the view from mtDNA. Ann Hum Genet. 2003;67:433-56 pubmed..Nevertheless, a great part of the variation in the Azorean mtDNA can be explained by the settlement history. ..
- Ruiz de Azua I, Del Olmo E, Pazos A, Salles J. Transmembrane signaling through phospholipase C-beta in the developing human prefrontal cortex. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:13-26 pubmed
- Barcelo B, Pons J, Fuster A, Sauleda J, Noguera A, Ferrer J, et al. Intracellular cytokine profile of T lymphocytes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Clin Exp Immunol. 2006;145:474-9 pubmed..This is related inversely to the degree of airflow obstruction present. ..
- Pérez Sánchez L, Beltrán Llera J, Sánchez Pozuelo E. [A training program to improve the memory of children with Down's syndrome]. Psicothema. 2006;18:531-6 pubmed..These results can be considered indicators of the effectiveness of the intervention. They are also very interesting for education, in the sense that teachers can help the students with Down's syndrome to improve their memory capacity. ..
- Castillo A, Mesa F, Liebana J, Garcia Martinez O, Ruiz S, Garcia Valdecasas J, et al. Periodontal and oral microbiological status of an adult population undergoing haemodialysis: a cross-sectional study. Oral Dis. 2007;13:198-205 pubmed
- Fernández Fernández L, Bellido Martin L, Garcia de Frutos P. Growth arrest-specific gene 6 (GAS6). An outline of its role in haemostasis and inflammation. Thromb Haemost. 2008;100:604-10 pubmed..GAS6 represents a new player in this context, while protein S seems to have new functions beyond its anticoagulant role through its interaction with TAM receptors. ..
- Gonzalez D, Paradela M, Parente I, de la Torre M, Fernandez R, Delgado M, et al. Reoperation in the postoperative period of lung transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:2221-2 pubmed publisher..It is not uncommon for complications to occur that require urgent reoperation. The objective of our study was to analyze the characteristics of lung transplant patients who required reoperation in the postoperative period...
- Zaragoza A, Aranda F, Espuny M, Teruel J, Marques A, Manresa A, et al. Hemolytic activity of a bacterial trehalose lipid biosurfactant produced by Rhodococcus sp.: evidence for a colloid-osmotic mechanism. Langmuir. 2010;26:8567-72 pubmed publisher..The presented results contribute to establishing a molecular basis for the biological properties of this trehalose lipid biosurfactant...
- Zika E, Paci D, Braun A, Rijkers Defrasne S, Deschenes M, Fortier I, et al. A European survey on biobanks: trends and issues. Public Health Genomics. 2011;14:96-103 pubmed publisher..To help promote networking of biobanks and thus maximise public health benefits, at least some degree of harmonisation should be achieved. ..
- Calvete E, Orue I. Cognitive schemas and aggressive behavior in adolescents: the mediating role of social information processing. Span J Psychol. 2010;13:190-201 pubmed
- Gómez García I, Oyenarte I, Martinez Cruz L. Purification, crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of the CBS pair of the human metal transporter CNNM4. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:349-53 pubmed publisher..6 Å resolution using synchrotron radiation. Matthews volume calculations suggested the presence of two molecules in the asymmetric unit, which were likely to correspond to a CBS module of the CBS pair of CNNM4. ..
- Fons C, Campistol J, Panagiotakaki E, Giannotta M, Arzimanoglou A, Gobbi G, et al. Alternating hemiplegia of childhood: metabolic studies in the largest European series of patients. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2012;16:10-4 pubmed publisher..Further studies including high-throughput diagnostic technologies seem necessary to elucidate the etiology of this severe and enigmatic disorder...
- Samygina V, Popov A, Cabo Bilbao A, Ochoa Lizarralde B, Goñi de Cerio F, Zhai X, et al. Enhanced selectivity for sulfatide by engineered human glycolipid transfer protein. Structure. 2011;19:1644-54 pubmed publisher..The development of "engineered GLTPs" with enhanced specificity for select GSLs provides a potential new therapeutic approach for targeting GSL-mediated pathologies. ..
- Peris P, Martínez Ferrer A, Monegal A, Martínez de Osaba M, Muxi A, Guanabens N. 25 hydroxyvitamin D serum levels influence adequate response to bisphosphonate treatment in postmenopausal osteoporosis. Bone. 2012;51:54-8 pubmed publisher..Maintenance of 25(OH)D levels >30 ng/ml is especially indicated for adequate response to BP treatment. ..
- Guirado M, Gil H, Saenz Lopez P, Reinboth J, Garrido F, Cozar J, et al. Association between C13ORF31, NOD2, RIPK2 and TLR10 polymorphisms and urothelial bladder cancer. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:668-72 pubmed publisher..Multivariate Cox analysis revealed that both SNPs were survival prognosis factor independent of tumor stage and grade. Our results indicate that innate immunity receptors play a role in modulating urothelial cancer risk and progression. ..
- Benito Sanz S, Royo J, Barroso E, Paumard Hernández B, Barreda Bonis A, Liu P, et al. Identification of the first recurrent PAR1 deletion in Léri-Weill dyschondrosteosis and idiopathic short stature reveals the presence of a novel SHOX enhancer. J Med Genet. 2012;49:442-50 pubmed publisher..The loss of this enhancer may decrease SHOX transcription, resulting in LWD or ISS due to SHOX haploinsufficiency. ..
- Bouzas Mosquera A, Peteiro J, BroullÃ³n F, Constanso I, RodrÃguez Garrido J, MartÃnez D, et al. Troponin levels within the normal range and probability of inducible myocardial ischemia and coronary events in patients with acute chest pain. Eur J Intern Med. 2016;28:59-64 pubmed publisher..Higher cTnI levels within the normal range were associated with a significantly increased probability of inducible myocardial ischemia and coronary events in patients with suspected acute coronary syndromes and seemingly negative cTnI. ..
- MartÃnez Banaclocha M. Cysteine Network (CYSTEINET) Dysregulation in Parkinson's Disease: Role of N-acetylcysteine. Curr Drug Metab. 2016;17:368-85 pubmed..Finally, the possible role of N-acetylcysteine and derivatives to regulate "cysteinet" and slow down Parkinson's disease development and progression is discussed. ..
- Spangenberg L, Zenger M, Garcia Torres F, Mueller V, Reck M, Mehnert A, et al. Dimensionality, Stability, and Validity of the Beck Hopelessness Scale in Cancer Patients Receiving Curative and Palliative Treatment. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2016;51:615-22 pubmed publisher..Given the clinical importance of the construct, a cancer-specific approach to capture the unique meaning of hopelessness in patients with severe medical illness is recommended. ..
- Ã–zyurt H, Luna C, EstÃ©vez M. Redox chemistry of the molecular interactions between tea catechins and human serum proteins under simulated hyperglycemic conditions. Food Funct. 2016;7:1390-400 pubmed publisher..The molecular interactions reported in the present study may explain the alleged beneficial effects of tea catechins against the redox impairment linked to hyperglycemic conditions. ..
- Jakszyn P, Fonseca Nunes A, Lujan Barroso L, Aranda N, Tous M, Arija V, et al. Hepcidin levels and gastric cancer risk in the EPIC-EurGast study. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:945-951 pubmed publisher..Further investigation including repeated measures of hepcidin is needed to clarify their role in gastric carcinogenesis. ..
- Mones J, Carrio I, Sainz S, Berna L, Clave P, Liszkay M, et al. Gastric emptying of two radiolabelled antacids with simultaneous monitoring of gastric pH. Eur J Nucl Med. 1995;22:1123-8 pubmed..A significant decrease in pH was observed 1 h after intake of the antacids, suggesting a possible rebound effect...
- Hernandez D, Lacalzada J, Salido E, Linares J, Barragan A, Lorenzo V, et al. Regression of left ventricular hypertrophy by lisinopril after renal transplantation: role of ACE gene polymorphism. Kidney Int. 2000;58:889-97 pubmed..This finding may be important in targeting prophylactic interventions in this population. ..
- George M, Ayuso E, Casellas A, Costa C, Devedjian J, Bosch F. Beta cell expression of IGF-I leads to recovery from type 1 diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:1153-63 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate that local expression of IGF-I in beta cells regenerates pancreatic islets and counteracts type 1 diabetes, suggesting that IGF-I gene transfer to the pancreas might be a suitable therapy for this disease. ..
- Rosales Leal J, Osorio R, Toledano M, Cabrerizo Vilchez M, Millstein P. Influence of eugenol contamination on the wetting of ground and etched dentin. Oper Dent. 2003;28:695-9 pubmed..Eugenol contamination did not affect the dentin wetting. Acid etching significantly diminished contact angle values. Dentin wetting was greater on deep dentin than on superficial dentin. ..
- Fuentes V, Ceballos L, Osorio R, Toledano M, Carvalho R, Pashley D. Tensile strength and microhardness of treated human dentin. Dent Mater. 2004;20:522-9 pubmed..05). Whenever dentin surfaces are treated with EDTA or NaOCl prior to a clinical bonding procedure, clinicians must be aware that a weak layer may be present at the interface, which may lead to premature failures of resin/dentin bonds. ..
- Adan A, Mateo C, Navarro R, Bitrian E, Casaroli Marano R. Intravitreal bevacizumab (avastin) injection as primary treatment of inflammatory choroidal neovascularization. Retina. 2007;27:1180-6 pubmed..To assess the effects of intravitreal bevacizumab injection as primary treatment of inflammatory choroidal neovascularization (CNV)...
- Caro J, Gallego M. Alveolar air and urine analyses as biomarkers of exposure to trihalomethanes in an indoor swimming pool. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:5002-7 pubmed..9). In conclusion, alveolar air provides better response sensitivity and shorter reaction time to external exposure than urine, being therefore the most sensitive biomarker. ..
- Garcia Vidal C, Rodríguez Fernández S, Teijón S, Esteve M, Rodriguez Carballeira M, Lacasa J, et al. Risk factors for opportunistic infections in infliximab-treated patients: the importance of screening in prevention. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009;28:331-7 pubmed publisher..686; 95% CI 1.889-39.943). We identified the subset of patients treated with infliximab who had a higher risk for OI. The screening of latent infections is key to diminishing the incidence of these infections. ..
- Vazquez Chantada M, Fernandez Ramos D, Embade N, Martínez López N, Varela Rey M, Woodhoo A, et al. HuR/methyl-HuR and AUF1 regulate the MAT expressed during liver proliferation, differentiation, and carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:1943-53 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support a role for AUF1 and HuR/methyl-HuR in liver de-differentiation, development, and human HCC progression through the posttranslational regulation of MAT1A and MAT2A mRNAs. ..
- Ruiz Irastorza G, Crowther M, Branch W, Khamashta M. Antiphospholipid syndrome. Lancet. 2010;376:1498-509 pubmed publisher..Hydroxychloroquine is a potential additional treatment for this syndrome. Possible future therapies for non-pregnant patients with antiphospholipid syndrome are statins, rituximab, and new anticoagulant drugs. ..
- Ordonez A, Yelamos J, Pedersen S, Minano A, Conesa Zamora P, Kristensen S, et al. Increased levels of citrullinated antithrombin in plasma of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and colorectal adenocarcinoma determined by a newly developed ELISA using a specific monoclonal antibody. Thromb Haemost. 2010;104:1143-9 pubmed publisher..This result explains the absence of association of this marker with an increased risk of thrombosis in patients with colorectal adenocarcinoma. ..
- Sánchez Jiménez F, Pérez Pérez A, Gonzalez Yanes C, Najib S, Varone C, Sanchez Margalet V. Leptin receptor activation increases Sam68 tyrosine phosphorylation and expression in human trophoblastic cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;332:221-7 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest the participation of Sam68 in leptin receptor signaling in human trophoblastic cells, and therefore, Sam68 may mediate some of the leptin effects in placenta. ..
- Munuera P, Castillo J, Dominguez G, Lafuente G. Orthotic devices with out-toeing wedge as treatment for in-toed gait in children. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2010;100:472-8 pubmed..Orthotic devices with out-toeing wedge combined with correctly fitting shoes, as well as shoes alone, are useful tools in the treatment of in-toed gait in children. ..
- Blanco J, Varghese V, Rhee S, Gatell J, Shafer R. HIV-1 integrase inhibitor resistance and its clinical implications. J Infect Dis. 2011;203:1204-14 pubmed publisher..This perspective reviews the genetic mechanisms of INI resistance and their implications for initial INI therapy, the treatment of antiretroviral-experienced patients, and regimen simplification. ..
- Diaz Gomez D, Jover M, Del Campo J, Galindo A, Romero Gomez M. Experimental models for hepatic encephalopathy. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2011;103:536-41 pubmed
- Barros Loscertales A, Gonzalez J, Pulvermüller F, Ventura Campos N, Bustamante J, Costumero V, et al. Reading salt activates gustatory brain regions: fMRI evidence for semantic grounding in a novel sensory modality. Cereb Cortex. 2012;22:2554-63 pubmed publisher..As these areas comprise primary and secondary gustatory cortices, we conclude that the meaning of taste words is grounded in distributed cortical circuits reaching into areas that process taste sensations. ..
- Bartolomé N, Szczypiorska M, Sánchez A, Sanz J, Juanola Roura X, Gratacos J, et al. Genetic polymorphisms inside and outside the MHC improve prediction of AS radiographic severity in addition to clinical variables. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012;51:1471-8 pubmed publisher..Prediction of radiographic severity in AS based on clinical variables can be significantly improved by including SNPs both inside and outside the MHC region. ..
- Misiewicz Krzeminska I, Sarasquete M, Quwaider D, Krzeminski P, Ticona F, Paíno T, et al. Restoration of microRNA-214 expression reduces growth of myeloma cells through positive regulation of P53 and inhibition of DNA replication. Haematologica. 2013;98:640-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MiR-214 functions as a tumor suppressor in myeloma by positive regulation of p53 and inhibition of DNA replication. ..
- Puig R, Barrios L, Pujol M, Caballin M, Barquinero J. Suitability of scoring PCC rings and fragments for dose assessment after high-dose exposures to ionizing radiation. Mutat Res. 2013;757:1-7 pubmed publisher..This has been tested with two simulated partial exposures to 6 and 12Gy. The estimated doses in the irradiated fraction were very close to the real dose, indicating the usefulness of this methodology. ..
- HernÃ¡ndez HernÃ¡ndez F, de la Torre HernÃ¡ndez J, Rumoroso Cuevas J, GarcÃa Del Blanco B, MartÃnez SellÃ©s M, Trillo Nouche R. 2014 update on interventional cardiology. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:324-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, renal denervation has generated one of the major debates of the year. ..
- Maroto P, Solsona E, Gallardo E, Mellado B, Morote J, Arranz J, et al. Expert opinion on first-line therapy in the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;100:127-36 pubmed publisher..Finally, the panel discuss how to define progressive disease in the setting of mCRPC and treatment with targeted therapies. ..
- Socolovsky M, Costales J, Paez M, Nizzo G, Valbuena S, Varone E. Obstetric brachial plexus palsy: reviewing the literature comparing the results of primary versus secondary surgery. Childs Nerv Syst. 2016;32:415-25 pubmed publisher..As described in this review, the results of such treatment can greatly ameliorate function in affected limbs. For best results, multi-disciplinary teams should treat these patients. ..
- Bergareche A, RodrÃguez Oroz M, Estanga A, Gorostidi A, LÃ³pez de Munain A, Castillo TriviÃ±o T, et al. DAT imaging and clinical biomarkers in relatives at genetic risk for LRRK2â€‰R1441G Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2016;31:335-43 pubmed publisher..These tests could be early indicators of the ongoing dopaminergic deficit in this group at risk of PD. ..
- Gil Mesón A, Roncero A, Tobal I, Basabe P, Díez D, Mollinedo F, et al. Synthesis of Bioconjugate Sesterterpenoids with Phospholipids and Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids. Molecules. 2015;21:E47 pubmed publisher..All synthetic derivatives were tested against the human tumour cell lines HeLa (cervix) and MCF-7 (breast). Some compounds showed good IC50 (0.3 and 0.2 μM) values against these cell lines. ..
- Muñoz Culla M, Irizar H, Gorostidi A, Alberro A, Osorio Querejeta I, Ruiz Martinez J, et al. Progressive changes in non-coding RNA profile in leucocytes with age. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:1202-1218 pubmed publisher..Therefore, human aging could be studied as a result of progressive molecular changes, and different age ranges should be analysed to cover the whole aging process. ..
- Carrato A, Abad A, Massuti B, Gravalos C, Escudero P, Longo Muñoz F, et al. First-line panitumumab plus FOLFOX4 or FOLFIRI in colorectal cancer with multiple or unresectable liver metastases: A randomised, phase II trial (PLANET-TTD). Eur J Cancer. 2017;81:191-202 pubmed publisher..No significant differences in efficacy were observed between the two regimens. (clinicaltrials.gov:NCT00885885). ..
- Mozos E, Mendez A, Gomez Villamandos J, Martin de las Mulas J, Perez J. Immunohistochemical characterization of canine transmissible venereal tumor. Vet Pathol. 1996;33:257-63 pubmed..Our findings support the hypothesis of a histiocytic immunophenotype for CTVT, and these staining techniques could be used in the differential diagnosis with lymphomas...
- Mezquita J, Pau M, Mezquita C. Four isoforms of the signal-transduction and RNA-binding protein QKI expressed during chicken spermatogenesis. Mol Reprod Dev. 1998;50:70-8 pubmed..The 5-kb message, the predominant form in adult testis, presents heterogeneity in the coding region, showing insertions of 51 and 75 bp and a deletion of 24 bp, which gives rise to four possible isoforms of the protein...
- Abad F, Diaz Gomez N, Domenech E, Gonzalez D, Robayna M, Feria M. Oral sucrose compares favourably with lidocaine-prilocaine cream for pain relief during venepuncture in neonates. Acta Paediatr. 2001;90:160-5 pubmed..008) groups; (ii) the above treatments attenuated significantly (p < 0.05) the immediate heart rate response to pain; and (iii) the concomitant use of EMLA did not increase further the analgesic efficacy of sucrose...
- Romero E, Sobral J, Luengo M, Marzoa J. Values and antisocial behavior among Spanish adolescents. J Genet Psychol. 2001;162:20-40 pubmed..The results indicate that antisocial behavior is associated with hedonistic values and a lack of interest in conventional values and social values. These relationships cannot be explained by the institutionalization effects. ..
- Sanchez Martin M, Rodríguez García A, Perez Losada J, Sagrera A, Read A, Sanchez Garcia I. SLUG (SNAI2) deletions in patients with Waardenburg disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:3231-6 pubmed
- Martinez A, Herrera A, Cuenca J. Marchetti nailing of humeral shaft delayed unions. Injury. 2004;35:257-63 pubmed..The functional result was excellent in nine patients, good in two, fair in two, and poor in two. Marchetti nailing seems to be an acceptable alternative for humeral shaft delayed unions...
- Libois A, Lopez A, Garcia F, Castro P, Maleno M, Garcia A, et al. Dynamics of T cells subsets and lymphoproliferative responses during structured treatment interruption cycles and after definitive interruption of HAART in early chronic HIV type-1-infected patients. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2006;22:657-66 pubmed..Conversely, higher and longer viral replication after cessation of HAART overwhelms the immune system. These data may help to guide future immune-based therapies. ..
- Lecha M, Badenas C, Puig S, Orfila J, Mila M, To Figueras J, et al. Genetic studies in variegate porphyria in Spain. Identification of gene mutations and family study for carrier detection. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2006;20:974-9 pubmed..DNA analysis is the most sensitive carrier detection method and also allows transmission behaviour of the genetic defect to be established in successive generations of the affected families. ..
- Blazquez L, de Juan D, Ruiz Martinez J, Emparanza J, Saenz A, Otaegui D, et al. Genes related to iron metabolism and susceptibility to Alzheimer's disease in Basque population. Neurobiol Aging. 2007;28:1941-3 pubmed..9%) than in AD patients (18%), suggesting a protective role of this allele on AD either due to the presence of the mutation itself or through the effect of other related genes in the ancestral haplotype in which it is included. ..
- Mendicute J, Bidaguren A, Martínez Soroa I, Gibelalde A. Automatized large diameter lamellar keratoplasty and stem cell transplantation for the treatment of ocular surface diseases with limbal insufficiency. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2008;18:641-4 pubmed..To report a new surgical procedure for the treatment of ocular surface diseases associated with severe limbal insufficiency...
- Botella C, Osma J, Palacios A, Guillen V, Banos R. Treatment of complicated grief using virtual reality: a case report. Death Stud. 2008;32:674-92 pubmed publisher..We offer short-term (from pre-test to post-test) and long-term (2-, 6- and 12-month follow-ups) efficacy data. Our results offer preliminary support of the use of EMMA's World for the treatment of Complicated Grief. ..
- Grillo Bosch D, Rabanal F, Giralt E. Improved Fmoc-based solid-phase synthesis of homologous peptide fragments of human and mouse prion proteins. J Pept Sci. 2011;17:32-8 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we support PEG-based resins as an efficient synthetic tool to prepare peptide sequences prone to aggregate on-resin. ..
- Velasco Sánchez D, Aracil A, Montero R, Mas A, Jimenez L, O Callaghan M, et al. Combined therapy with idebenone and deferiprone in patients with Friedreich's ataxia. Cerebellum. 2011;10:1-8 pubmed publisher..Combined therapy was well tolerated with mild side effects, apart from the risk of neutropenia and progressive reduction of plasma iron parameters. ..
- Vicens C, Socias I, Mateu C, Leiva A, Bejarano F, Sempere E, et al. Comparative efficacy of two primary care interventions to assist withdrawal from long term benzodiazepine use: a protocol for a clustered, randomized clinical trial. BMC Fam Pract. 2011;12:23 pubmed publisher..Current Controlled Trials: ISRCTN13024375. ..
- Sancho M, Herrera A, Gortat A, Carbajo R, Pineda Lucena A, Orzáez M, et al. Minocycline inhibits cell death and decreases mutant Huntingtin aggregation by targeting Apaf-1. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:3545-53 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, minocycline-treated cells as well as Apaf-1 knock-out cells are resistant to the development of mutant huntingtin-dependent protein aggregation. ..
- Castro Sánchez A, Matarán Peñarrocha G, Arroyo Morales M, Saavedra Hernández M, Fernández Sola C, Moreno Lorenzo C. Effects of myofascial release techniques on pain, physical function, and postural stability in patients with fibromyalgia: a randomized controlled trial. Clin Rehabil. 2011;25:800-13 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that myofascial release techniques can be a complementary therapy for pain symptoms, physical function and clinical severity but do not improve postural stability in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome. ..
- Langer Ã, Cangas A, Salcedo E, Fuentes B. Applying mindfulness therapy in a group of psychotic individuals: a controlled study. Behav Cogn Psychother. 2012;40:105-9 pubmed publisher..Both the usefulness and effectiveness of implementing a mindfulness-based program have been replicated in a controlled manner in patients with psychosis. ..
- SANCHEZ J, Priego T, Pico C, Ahrens W, de Henauw S, Fraterman A, et al. Blood cells as a source of transcriptional biomarkers of childhood obesity and its related metabolic alterations: results of the IDEFICS study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E648-52 pubmed publisher..One of its goals is to define early biomarkers of risk associated with obesity and its comorbid conditions...
- Gili M, Roca M, Armengol S, Asensio D, Garcia Campayo J, Parker G. Clinical patterns and treatment outcome in patients with melancholic, atypical and non-melancholic depressions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48200 pubmed publisher..Melancholic patients showed lower rates of remission. Our study supports a different clinical pattern and treatment outcome for melancholic and atypical depression subtypes. ..