Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Poland
Publications653 found, 100 shown here
- Robak E, Kierstan M, Cebula B, Krawczynska A, Sysa Jedrzejowska A, Wierzbowska A, et al. Circulating endothelial cells and angiogenic proteins in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2009;18:332-41 pubmed publisher..These data may suggest that angiogenic process is involved in the pathogenesis of this disease. ..
- Wincewicz A, Baltaziak M, Kanczuga Koda L, Koda M, Sulkowska U, Sulkowski S. GLUT1 and Bcl-xL in relation to erythropoietin in human colorectal adenocarcinomas. Hepatogastroenterology. 2010;57:741-5 pubmed..Concerning functional significance of these investigated factors, subsequent promotion of cell survival could be maintained thanks to mutual impact of EPO and Bcl-xL on cellular viability in hypoxic environment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Jaszewska E, Kosmider A, Kiss A, Naruszewicz M. Oenothera paradoxa defatted seeds extract containing pentagalloylglucose and procyanidins potentiates the cytotoxicity of vincristine. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2010;61:637-43 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that EPE, containing PGG and procyanidins, significantly increased the sensitivity of cancer cells, particularly the melanoma cells, to the action of vincristine...
- Majerczak J, Rychlik B, Grzelak A, Grzmil P, Karasinski J, Pierzchalski P, et al. Effect of 5-week moderate intensity endurance training on the oxidative stress, muscle specific uncoupling protein (UCP3) and superoxide dismutase (SOD2) contents in vastus lateralis of young, healthy men. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2010;61:743-51 pubmed
- Jawiarczyk A, Bolanowski M, Syrycka J, Bednarek Tupikowska G, Kałuzny M, Kołodziejczyk A, et al. Effective therapy of insulinoma by using long-acting somatostatin analogue. A case report and literature review. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2012;120:68-72 pubmed publisher..The presented case can be an evidence of the effective treatment of the pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor of insulinoma type, with somatostatin analogue...
- Malecka Massalska T, Smolen A, Zubrzycki J, Lupa Zatwarnicka K, Morshed K. Bioimpedance vector pattern in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2012;63:101-4 pubmed
- Chrostek L, Cylwik B, Gruszewska E, Panasiuk A, Szmitkowski M. N-Latex CDT results in liver diseases. Alcohol Alcohol. 2012;47:428-32 pubmed publisher..The CDT results from N-Latex CDT test reflect the severity of liver dysfunction. ..
- Czyzewska J, Wasilewska K, Kaminska J, Koper O, Kemona H, Jakubowska I. [Assess the impact of concentrations of inflammatory markers IL-6, CRP in the presence of albuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetes]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2012;32:98-102 pubmed..The aim of the study was to evaluate the concentrations of CRP and IL-6 depending on the irregularity of metabolic patients with type 2 diabetes and their impact on the occurrence of albuminuria...
- Mendak Ziółko M, Konopka T, Bogucki Z. Evaluation of select neurophysiological, clinical and psychological tests for burning mouth syndrome. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2012;114:325-32 pubmed publisher..35 ms for the latency of the sensory ulnar nerve response. The BMS sufferer was characterized as having mild sensory and autonomic small fiber neuropathy with concomitant central disorders. ..
- Smolarczyk R, Cichon T, Matuszczak S, Mitrus I, Lesiak M, Kobusińska M, et al. The role of Glycyrrhizin, an inhibitor of HMGB1 protein, in anticancer therapy. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2012;60:391-9 pubmed publisher..As expected, inhibited tumor regrowth is linked to diminished tumor levels of the released HMGB1 and reduced inflammatory condition. To conclude, the use of GR significantly improved anticancer effectiveness of the CAMEL peptide. ..
- Kaczmarski M, Wasilewska J, Cudowska B, Semeniuk J, Klukowski M, Matuszewska E. The natural history of cow's milk allergy in north-eastern Poland. Adv Med Sci. 2013;58:22-30 pubmed publisher..The objective of the study was to evaluate the prevalence of persistent cow's milk allergy in children previously diagnosed with IgE-mediated cow's milk allergy (CMA)...
- Morris G, Berk M, Galecki P, Walder K, Maes M. The Neuro-Immune Pathophysiology of Central and Peripheral Fatigue in Systemic Immune-Inflammatory and Neuro-Immune Diseases. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:1195-219 pubmed publisher..As such, both mental and physical fatigue, which frequently accompany immune-inflammatory and neuro-inflammatory disorders, are the consequence of interactions between multiple systemic and central pathways. ..
- Cipora K, Hohol M, Nuerk H, Willmes K, BroÅ¼ek B, Kucharzyk B, et al. Professional mathematicians differ from controls in their spatial-numerical associations. Psychol Res. 2016;80:710-26 pubmed publisher..We argue that this comparison with professional mathematicians also tells us about the nature of spatial-numerical associations in persons with much less mathematical expertise or knowledge. ..
- Frączek T, Kaminski R, Krakowiak A, Naessens E, Verhasselt B, Paneth P. Diaryl ethers with carboxymethoxyphenacyl motif as potent HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitors with improved solubility. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2018;33:9-16 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SupT1 and CD4+ cell infectivity assays for the most promising (7e) have confirmed its strong antiviral potential while docking studies indicate a novel binding interactions responsible for high activity...
- Kiryk A, Mochol G, Filipkowski R, Wawrzyniak M, Lioudyno V, Knapska E, et al. Cognitive abilities of Alzheimer's disease transgenic mice are modulated by social context and circadian rhythm. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2011;8:883-92 pubmed..The novel approach to study the transgenic mice cognitive abilities presented in this paper offers new insight into cognitive dysfunctions of the Alzheimer's disease mouse model. ..
- Pastorczak A, Fendler W, Zalewska Szewczyk B, Gorniak P, Lejman M, Trelinska J, et al. Asparagine synthetase (ASNS) gene polymorphism is associated with the outcome of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia by affecting early response to treatment. Leuk Res. 2014;38:180-3 pubmed publisher..72 (1.06-6.96). These results suggest a conditional interaction between the ASNS polymorphism and an early response to chemotherapy among pediatric patients with ALL. ..
- Mejza F, Kania A, Nastalek P, Nizankowska Jedrzejczyk A, Nizankowska Mogilnicka E. Systemic prostacyclin and thromboxane production in obstructive sleep apnea. Adv Med Sci. 2016;61:154-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest augmented systemic prostacyclin production in obstructive sleep apnea patients, which potentially could constitute a protective mechanism against detrimental effects of sleep apnea. ..
- Ledakowicz Polak A, Bartodziej J, Majos A, Zielinska M. Inverted stress- induced cardiomyopathy as a unusual variant of acute heart failure after cesarean delivery- a case report. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2016;16:76 pubmed publisher..The clinical awareness and multimodality imaging of possible diagnosis and further management of this unexpected variant of acute heart failure after caesarean delivery is required. ..
- Glowinska B, Urban M, Koput A, Galar M. New atherosclerosis risk factors in obese, hypertensive and diabetic children and adolescents. Atherosclerosis. 2003;167:275-86 pubmed..2) Elevated Hcy levels are found in children with hypertension. (3) Elevated FB level and diminished fibrinolytic activity are characteristic of obese children. ..
- Windak A, Gryglewska B, Tomasik T, Narkiewicz K, Grodzicki T. General practitioners ignore high normal blood pressure. Blood Press. 2008;17:42-9 pubmed publisher..38, p<0.001). Most primary care physicians would ignore HN BP, even in diabetic patients. The age of the physician is a significant factor contributing to incorrect diagnosis. ..
- Calderon C, Zucht H, Kuhn A, Wozniacka A, Szepietowski J, Nyberg F, et al. A multicenter photoprovocation study to identify potential biomarkers by global peptide profiling in cutaneous lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2015;24:1406-20 pubmed publisher..In skin, elevated B2MG levels correlated with lesion formation. Our results show that the peptidome is a rich source of potential biomarkers for predicting photosensitivity in CLE. ..
- Szosland D, Marcinkiewicz A. Modern technology in lifelong learning of occupational medicine. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2004;17:411-6 pubmed
- Grochans E, Czajka R, Cwiek D. Information support concerning care of a baby provided for lying-in women during their stay in maternity ward in rooming-in system. Rocz Akad Med Bialymst. 2005;50 Suppl 1:263-7 pubmed..4) Lying-in women expect various devices used for providing information support, but in most cases they are brochures with information on particular topics. ..
- Makarewicz W, Kaska L, Kobiela J, Stefaniak T, Krajewski J, Stankiewicz M, et al. Wernicke's syndrome after sleeve gastrectomy. Obes Surg. 2007;17:704-6 pubmed..Early diagnosis and treatment can instantly improve the patient's condition without permanent sequelae. ..
- Pietka Ottlik M, Wójtowicz Młochowska H, Kołodziejczyk K, Piasecki E, Młochowski J. New organoselenium compounds active against pathogenic bacteria, fungi and viruses. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008;56:1423-7 pubmed..simulans), while their activity against gram-negative bacteria strains (E. coli, P. aeruginosa, K. pneumoniae) was substantially lower. Some of tested compounds were active against yeast C. albicans and filamentous fungus A. niger. ..
- Kumor A, Daniel P, Pietruczuk M, Małecka Panas E. Serum leptin, adiponectin, and resistin concentration in colorectal adenoma and carcinoma (CC) patients. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2009;24:275-81 pubmed publisher..We also assume that leptin may possibly have the prognostic value useful in clinical practice and its concentration is independent of BMI value. ..
- Thouverey C, Strzelecka Kiliszek A, Balcerzak M, Buchet R, Pikula S. Matrix vesicles originate from apical membrane microvilli of mineralizing osteoblast-like Saos-2 cells. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:127-38 pubmed publisher..Our findings were consistent with the hypothesis that MVs originated from cell microvilli and that actin filament disassembly was involved in their biogenesis...
- Pytel D, Sliwinski T, Poplawski T, Ferriola D, Majsterek I. Tyrosine kinase blockers: new hope for successful cancer therapy. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2009;9:66-76 pubmed..Herein, we discuss the chemistry, biological activity and clinical potential of new drugs with tyrosine kinase blockers for cancer treatment. ..
- Piwowarska J, Wrzosek M, RadziwoÅ„ Zaleska M, Ryszewska PokraÅ›niewicz B, Skalski M, Matsumoto H, et al. Serum cortisol concentration in patients with major depression after treatment with clomipramine. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:604-11 pubmed..Finding a linear correlation between lower CORT secretion and therapeutic plasma CLO levels is the first aim of monitored therapy and may be important for understanding the pathophysiology of major depressive disorder. ..
- Jutel M, Akdis M, Akdis C. Histamine, histamine receptors and their role in immune pathology. Clin Exp Allergy. 2009;39:1786-800 pubmed publisher..This accounts for a new potential for HR antagonists and agonists in targeting various immunopathologic conditions. ..
- Wojcicki P, Zachara M. Surgical treatment of eyelid tumors. J Craniofac Surg. 2010;21:520-5 pubmed publisher..The highest risk of recurrence is in case of squamous cell and basospinocellular tumors, and especially in melanoma. The aim of reconstructive therapy is to reconstruct aesthetically and functionally effective eyelid. ..
- Kedzierska M, Olas B, Wachowicz B, Jeziorski A, Piekarski J. The lipid peroxidation in breast cancer patients. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2010;29:208-10 pubmed..Considering the data presented in this study, we suggest that free radicals induce peroxidation of unsaturated fatty acid in patients with breast cancer. ..
- Cwiklinska H, Mycko M, Szymanska B, Matysiak M, Selmaj K. Aberrant stress-induced Hsp70 expression in immune cells in multiple sclerosis. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:3102-10 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that immune cells from MS patients are more prone to Hsp70 induction under stress conditions, suggesting a possible link between Hsp70 overexpression and development of autoimmunity. ..
- Waliszek Iwanicka A, Waliszek M, Banach M, Rysz J, Gos R. Assessment of blood flow in posterior ciliary arteries and its correlation with intraocular and arterial blood pressures in patients with open angle glaucoma. Med Sci Monit. 2010;16:CR501-9 pubmed..38 (p<0.02). The coexistence of arterial hypertension in glaucoma patients significantly worsens microcirculation in the area of posterior ciliary arteries and may be the cause of accelerated progression of glaucomatous neuropathy. ..
- Karczewska Kupczewska M, Kowalska I, Nikolajuk A, Adamska A, Otziomek E, Gorska M, et al. Hyperinsulinemia acutely increases serum macrophage inhibitory cytokine-1 concentration in anorexia nervosa and obesity. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012;76:46-50 pubmed publisher..Hyperinsulinemia resulted in a significant increase in serum MIC-1 in different states of adiposity. Increased serum MIC-1 in AN women might be an additional factor responsible for weight loss in this group. ..
- Stoczyńska Fidelus E, Szybka M, Piaskowski S, Bienkowski M, Hulas Bigoszewska K, Banaszczyk M, et al. Limited importance of the dominant-negative effect of TP53 missense mutations. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:243 pubmed publisher..This scepticism is supported by database investigations showing that retention of the wild-type allele occurs with the same frequency as either nonsense or missense TP53 mutations. ..
- Jarmuła A, Rode W. Computational study of the effects of protein tyrosine nitrations on the catalytic activity of human thymidylate synthase. J Comput Aided Mol Des. 2013;27:45-66 pubmed publisher..These effects are overall distance-dependent. ..
- Ijspeert H, Driessen G, Moorhouse M, Hartwig N, Wolska Kusnierz B, Kalwak K, et al. Similar recombination-activating gene (RAG) mutations result in similar immunobiological effects but in different clinical phenotypes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:1124-33 pubmed publisher..We postulate a model in which the type and moment of antigenic pressure affect the clinical phenotypes of these patients. ..
- Fudalej P, Wegrodzka E, Semb G, Hortis Dzierzbicka M. One-stage (Warsaw) and two-stage (Oslo) repair of unilateral cleft lip and palate: Craniofacial outcomes. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:1224-31 pubmed publisher..However, the distinctiveness of facial morphology in background populations (ie, in Poles and Norwegians) could have contributed to the observed results. ..
- Sadowska Bartosz I, Gajewska A, Skolimowski J, Szewczyk R, Bartosz G. Nitroxides protect against peroxynitrite-induced nitration and oxidation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;89:1165-75 pubmed publisher..These results point to potential usefulness of nitroxides for prevention of PN-induced oxidation and, especially, nitration. ..
- Waszak M, CieÅ›lik K, Skrzypczak ZieliÅ„ska M, Szalata M, Wielgus K, Kempiak J, et al. Ecosensitivity and genetic polymorphism of somatic traits in the perinatal development of twins. Homo. 2016;67:138-49 pubmed publisher..Only in the case of body weight, a slight increase in the genetic contribution of polygenes to the phenotypic variance could be observed with gestational age, along with a slight decrease in the influence of environmental factors. ..
- Lewicka A, Lewicki S, Kłos A, Debski B, Kurył T, Bertrandt J. Influence of protein deficient diet, vitamin B[sub]2[/sub] supplementation and physical training on serum composition of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in rats. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;24:185-189 pubmed publisher..b]Conclusions. [/b] Results of this study suggest that all investigated factors (protein deficiency, physical exercise and supplementation of vitamin B2) have significant impact on PUFA composition of serum in rats. ..
- Sułowicz W, Stompor T. LDL-apheresis and immunoadsorption: novel methods in the treatment of renal diseases refractory to conventional therapy. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2003;18 Suppl 5:v59-62 pubmed..In addition, these techniques need no supplement fluid (namely fresh frozen plasma), which allows for markedly increased efficacy of the treatment as well as substantial reduction of infection risks. ..
- Balcerczyk A, Soszyński M, Rybaczek D, Przygodzki T, Karowicz Bilinska A, Maszewski J, et al. Induction of apoptosis and modulation of production of reactive oxygen species in human endothelial cells by diphenyleneiodonium. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;69:1263-73 pubmed..Proapoptotic action of DPI was observed 12 h after incubation with this compound. ..
- Kosmider B, Zawlik I, Liberski P, Osiecka R, Zyner E, Ochocki J, et al. Evaluation of P53 and BAX gene expression and induction of apoptosis and necrosis by the cis-Pt(II) complex of 3-aminoflavone in comparison with cis-diamminedichloroplatinum(II) (cis-DDP) in human lymphocytes. Mutat Res. 2006;604:28-35 pubmed..The cis-Pt(II) complex of 3-aminoflavone showed a weaker genotoxic effect in normal lymphocytes in comparison with cis-DDP, which was a stronger inducer of apoptosis and necrosis. ..
- Zonenberg A, Leoniak M, Zarzycki W. [The effect of Chernobyl accident on the development of non malignant diseases]. Endokrynol Pol. 2006;57:38-44 pubmed
- Gacia M, Safranow K, Gabryelewicz T, Styczynska M, Pepłońska B, Dziedziejko V, et al. Two polymorphisms of presenilin-2 gene (PSEN2) 5' regulatory region are not associated with Alzheimer's disease (AD) in the Polish population. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2008;115:85-90 pubmed..The rare variants identified in exon 3 of the PSEN2 could have a potential influence on PSEN2 transcript splicing. ..
- Zboralski K, Florkowski A, Talarowska Bogusz M, Macander M, Gałecki P. Quality of life and emotional functioning in selected psychosomatic diseases. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2008;62:36-41 pubmed..3) There was no essential diversity in the range of emotional functioning among the patients. 4) QOL of the patients suffering from gastric ulcer was on average a little higher than that of patients with coronary disease. ..
- Zytkiewicz M, Giełwanowska L, Wojtasińska E, Psuja P, Zawilska K. Resistance to acetylsalicylic acid in patients after ischemic stroke. Pol Arch Med Wewn. 2008;118:727-33 pubmed..039). In patients after ischemic stroke resistance to ASA is commonly observed. In patients with diabetes or C807Tglycoprotein Ia gene CT polymorphisms this phenomenon is more frequently detected. ..
- Pawlak K, Kowalewska A, Mysliwiec M, Pawlak D. Kynurenine and its metabolites--kynurenic acid and anthranilic acid are associated with soluble endothelial adhesion molecules and oxidative status in patients with chronic kidney disease. Am J Med Sci. 2009;338:293-300 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that KYN is independently and significantly associated with elevated sICAM-1, whereas oxidative status and platelets independently and significantly predicted increased sVCAM-1 levels in patients with CKD. ..
- Pawlowska E, Poplawski T, Ksiazek D, Szczepanska J, Blasiak J. Genotoxicity and cytotoxicity of 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate. Mutat Res. 2010;696:122-9 pubmed publisher..Chitosan and its derivatives can be considered as additional components of dental restoration to decrease the harmful potency of HEMA...
- Bialasiewicz P, Czupryniak L, Pawlowski M, Nowak D. Sleep disordered breathing in REM sleep reverses the downward trend in glucose concentration. Sleep Med. 2011;12:76-82 pubmed publisher..There was no difference between NREM-no-SDB and NREM-SDB in respect to IGC. Occurrence of SDB in REM reversed the decline of IGC, while in NREM sleep SDB had no effect on IGC. SDB may affect neuro-endocrine regulations in REM sleep. ..
- Robak T, Robak P. Purine nucleoside analogs in the treatment of rarer chronic lymphoid leukemias. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:3373-88 pubmed..Clofarabine, nelarabine and forodesine need further investigation in rarer lymphid leukemias, to better define their status in the treatment of these disorders. ..
- Otocka Kmiecik A, Mikhailidis D, Nicholls S, Davidson M, Rysz J, Banach M. Dysfunctional HDL: a novel important diagnostic and therapeutic target in cardiovascular disease?. Prog Lipid Res. 2012;51:314-24 pubmed publisher..We review the current state of knowledge on the properties of HDL and factors/therapeutic agents which may restrain the transformation of normal HDL into dysfunctional HDL. ..
- Drozdz K, Janczak D, Dziegiel P, Podhorska M, Piotrowska A, Patrzalek D, et al. Adventitial lymphatics and atherosclerosis. Lymphology. 2012;45:26-33 pubmed..3; p < 0.05). Thus, lymphatic vessels are present in the adventitia of large arteries in humans and the number of adventitial lymphatic vessels increases with progression of atherosclerosis as assessed by intimal thickness. ..
- Kacprzak M, Kidawa M, Zielinska M. Fever in myocardial infarction: is it still common, is it still predictive?. Cardiol J. 2012;19:369-73 pubmed..The aim of this study was to assess, whether body temperature is a predictor of impaired left ventricular systolic function in patients with AMI...
- Płuciennik E, Nowakowska M, Wujcicka W, Sitkiewicz A, Kazanowska B, Zielinska E, et al. Genetic alterations of WWOX in Wilms' tumor are involved in its carcinogenesis. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1417-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our analysis indicates that in this type of tumor the expression of the WWOX gene can be regulated by an epigenetic mechanism--its promoter methylation. ..
- Tokarz P, Błasiak J. [Role of DNA methylation in colorectal cancer]. Postepy Biochem. 2013;59:267-79 pubmed..A better understanding of changes in DNA methylation in colorectal cancer may help to facilitate prognosis and prediction of the disease and to improve its diagnosis. ..
- Przybyszowski M, Bochenek G. The role of questionnaires in the assessment of asthma control. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2015;83:220-8 pubmed publisher..The role of questionnaires as the easy-to-use tools is growing steadily. Unfortunately, not all are available in Polish language. Conducting appropriate validation studies may allow to use many of them in Polish conditions. ..
- Mastellos N, BliÅºniuk G, Czopnik D, McGilchrist M, Misiaszek A, BrÃ³dka P, et al. Feasibility and acceptability of TRANSFoRm to improve clinical trial recruitment in primary care. Fam Pract. 2016;33:186-91 pubmed publisher..It also helps to better understand and address users' requirements in eHealth-supported clinical research. ..
- KaÅ‚uÅ¼na CzapliÅ„ska J, JÃ³Åºwik Pruska J. Chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques in studies on oxidative stress in autism. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1019:4-14 pubmed publisher..Advantages as well as disadvantages of the application of these methods for the analysis of different types of oxidative stress biomarkers are discussed. ..
- Radomski D. Reprint of 'A nonlinear parameterization of multivariate electrohysterographical signals'. Comput Biol Med. 2016;69:254-60 pubmed publisher..The results confirm that the combined index provides the best assessment of uterine contractions: 87% sensitivity and 50% specificity of labor prediction in the studied data. These results should be verified in a prospective study. ..
- GÃ³rska S, Buda B, Brzozowska E, Schwarzer M, Srůtková D, Kozakova H, et al. Identification of Lactobacillus proteins with different recognition patterns between immune rabbit sera and nonimmune mice or human sera. BMC Microbiol. 2016;16:17 pubmed publisher..The identification of immunoreactive lactobacilli proteins opens the possibility to use them as an antigens for development of vaccines. ..
- Konieczna L, KaÅºmierska K, Roszkowska A, Szlagatys Sidorkiewicz A, BÄ…czek T. The LC-MS method for the simultaneous analysis of selected fat-soluble vitamins and their metabolites in serum samples obtained from pediatric patients with cystic fibrosis. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;124:374-381 pubmed publisher..The elaborated method reached the expectations for the fast and reliable assessment of fat-soluble vitamin status in children with cystic fibrosis in order to diagnose the disease and monitor the treatment process. ..
- Orlak K, Tylka J. [Temperament risk factor for mental health disturbances in the judiciary staff]. Med Pr. 2017;68:375-390 pubmed publisher..med. pr. 2017;68(3):375â€“390. ..
- Reginster J, Dudler J, Blicharski T, Pavelka K. Pharmaceutical-grade Chondroitin sulfate is as effective as celecoxib and superior to placebo in symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: the ChONdroitin versus CElecoxib versus Placebo Trial (CONCEPT). Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1537-1543 pubmed publisher..This formulation of CS should be considered a first-line treatment in the medical management of knee OA. ..
- Wawrzynowicz Syczewska M, Underhill J, Clare M, Boron Kaczmarska A, McFarlane I, Donaldson P. HLA class II genotypes associated with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and response to alpha-interferon treatment in Poland. Liver. 2000;20:234-9 pubmed..Interestingly, the same haplotype is reportedly associated with non-response to hepatitis B vaccination. ..
- Jutel M, Klunker S, Akdis M, Małolepszy J, Thomet O, Zak Nejmark T, et al. Histamine upregulates Th1 and downregulates Th2 responses due to different patterns of surface histamine 1 and 2 receptor expression. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2001;124:190-2 pubmed..These findings account for negative feedback regulation in a wide variety of pathologies. ..
- Pachalska M, Talar J, MacQueen B. Role of semantic control of action in the comprehensive rehabilitation of patients recovering from prolonged post-traumatic coma. Med Sci Monit. 2002;8:CR576-86 pubmed..The present article prevents an evaluation of the effectiveness of a rehabilitation program called Semantic Priming, aimed at rebuilding praxis in these patients...
- Morzycki J, Wojtkielewicz A, Wołczyński S. Synthesis of analogues of a potent antitumor saponin OSW-1. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2004;14:3323-6 pubmed..All analogues were found to be less cytotoxic against breast and endometrial cancer cell lines than the natural product...
- Mrugacz M, Tobolczyk J, Minarowska A. Retinol binding protein status in relation to ocular surface changes in patients with cystic fibrosis treated with daily vitamin A supplements. Eur J Pediatr. 2005;164:202-6 pubmed..CF patients showed a statistically significant increase in the incidence of clinical blepharitis. Five of the CF patients had clinical evidence of dry eyes...
- Olas B, Saluk Juszczak J, Pawlaczyk I, Nowak P, Kolodziejczyk J, Gancarz R, et al. Antioxidant and antiaggregatory effects of an extract from Conyza canadensis on blood platelets in vitro. Platelets. 2006;17:354-60 pubmed
- Wesolowska O, Wisniewski J, Duarte N, Ferreira M, Michalak K. Inhibition of MRP1 transport activity by phenolic and terpenic compounds isolated from Euphorbia species. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:4127-33 pubmed..A search for inhibitors of multidrug resistance (MDR)-associated protein 1 (MRP1) was performed among the compounds isolated from Euphorbia species, plants traditionally used in folk medicine...
- Felus J, Kowalczyk B, Lejman T. Sonographic evaluation of the injuries after traumatic patellar dislocation in adolescents. J Pediatr Orthop. 2008;28:397-402 pubmed publisher..The superficial localization of the knee extensor apparatus and knee articular cartilage make them accessible to sonographic evaluation (ultrasonography [USG])...
- Kaczynska A, Kostrubiec M, Ciurzyński M, Pruszczyk P. B-type natriuretic peptide in acute pulmonary embolism. Clin Chim Acta. 2008;398:1-4 pubmed publisher..Elevated BNP or NT-proBNP levels are also significant predictors of death and/or complicated clinical course in APE. ..
- Kaleta D, Makowiec Dabrowska T, Jegier A. Employment status and self rated health. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2008;21:227-36 pubmed publisher..These results emphasise the potential health consequences of unemployment and material circumstances in Poland. ..
- Sierko E, Wojtukiewicz M, Zawadzki R, Zimnoch L, Kisiel W. Expression of protein C (PC), protein S (PS) and thrombomodulin (TM) in human colorectal cancer. Thromb Res. 2010;125:e71-5 pubmed publisher..Heterogeneous expression of the PC system components in CRC tissue may point to their biological activity modulating tumor growth. ..
- Dobrzycka B, Terlikowski S, Kowalczuk O, Kinalski M. Circulating levels of TNF-alpha and its soluble receptors in the plasma of patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2009;20:131-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, the clinical value of an activated TNF system in EOC needs to be further investigated. ..
- Stanislawowski M, Wierzbicki P, Golab A, Adrych K, Kartanowicz D, Wypych J, et al. Decreased Toll-like receptor-5 (TLR-5) expression in the mucosa of ulcerative colitis patients. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60 Suppl 4:71-5 pubmed
- Lango R, Mroziński P. Clinical importance of anaesthetic preconditioning. Anestezjol Intens Ter. 2010;42:206-12 pubmed..The issue of inflammatory modulation exerted by volatile anesthetics and its influence on patients' clinical condition remains to be addressed in future studies. ..
- Fedejko Kap B, Niemira M, Radominska Pandya A, Mazerska Z. Flavin monooxygenases, FMO1 and FMO3, not cytochrome P450 isoenzymes, contribute to metabolism of anti-tumour triazoloacridinone, C-1305, in liver microsomes and HepG2 cells. Xenobiotica. 2011;41:1044-55 pubmed publisher..In contrast, FMO1 and FMO3 were crucial for metabolism of C-1305 by liver microsomes and in HepG2 cells, which makes C-1305 an attractive potent anti-tumour agent. ..
- Morel A, Malinowska J, Olas B. Antioxidative properties of hydrogen sulfide may involve in its antiadhesive action on blood platelets. Clin Biochem. 2012;45:1678-82 pubmed publisher..Hydrogen sulfide (H(2)S) is a signaling molecule in different systems, including the cardiovascular system. However, mechanisms involved in the relationship between the action of H(2)S and hemostasis process are still unclear...
- Waszkiewicz N, Zalewska A, Szajda S, Waszkiewicz M, Szulc A, Kepka A, et al. The effect of chronic alcohol intoxication and smoking on the output of salivary immunoglobulin A. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2012;50:605-8 pubmed publisher..The worsened periodontal state in smoking alcohol-dependent persons may result from diminished IgA protection of the oral tissues due to its decreased output...
- Palusiak A, Siwińska M, Sidorczyk Z. Serological studies of Proteus penneri strains determining qualification to appropriate O-serogroup. Pol J Microbiol. 2013;62:211-6 pubmed..These studies led to the qualification of tested P. penneri strains to five Proteus sp. O-serogroups, thus completing the serological classification of the whole collection...
- Kunikowska J, Bajera A, Sawicka M, Czwarnowski P, Pawłowicz B, Aksamit D, et al. Different technical possibilities of post-therapeutic tandem 90Y/ /177Lu-DOTATATE imaging. Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2013;16:70-4 pubmed publisher..The worst spatial resolution offers standard scintigraphic camera for 90Y/177Lu DOTATATE imaging, with using 90Y bremsstrahlung gammas. ..
- Kos M, Junka A, Smutnicka D, Szymczyk P, Gluza K, Bartoszewicz M. Bisphosphonates enhance bacterial adhesion and biofilm formation on bone hydroxyapatite. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:863-9 pubmed publisher..Increased bacterial adhesion and biofilm formation can promote osteomyelitis, cause failure of dental implants or bisphosphonate-coated joint prostheses, and complicate bone surgery in patients on bisphosphonates. ..
- BazyliÅ„ska U, ZieliÅ„ski W, Kulbacka J, SamoÄ‡ M, Wilk K. New diamidequat-type surfactants in fabrication of long-sustained theranostic nanocapsules: Colloidal stability, drug delivery and bioimaging. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;137:121-32 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results demonstrate excellent biocompatibility of the studied long-sustained monodisperse oil-core nanocapsules, stabilized by 2xCnA-MS, which makes them promising for cell imaging. ..