Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Netherlands
Publications641 found, 100 shown here
- Verweij S, Karimi O, Pleijster J, Lyons J, de Vries H, Land J, et al. TLR2, TLR4 and TLR9 genotypes and haplotypes in the susceptibility to and clinical course of Chlamydia trachomatis infections in Dutch women. Pathog Dis. 2016;74:ftv107 pubmed publisher..trachomatis infections (OR: 0.4, P = 0.004). Our study shows that both TLR2 and TLR9 genes and SNP combinations do influence the clinical course of Chlamydia infections. ..
- Bron T, Bijlenga D, Verduijn J, Penninx B, Beekman A, Kooij J. Prevalence of ADHD symptoms across clinical stages of major depressive disorder. J Affect Disord. 2016;197:29-35 pubmed publisher..ADHD symptoms are very common among MDD patients, especially among those in recurrent and chronic stages of MDD. Considering ADHD may be an important step forward in improving the treatment of depression. ..
- Sittig S, Bakdash G, Weiden J, Sköld A, Tel J, Figdor C, et al. A Comparative Study of the T Cell Stimulatory and Polarizing Capacity of Human Primary Blood Dendritic Cell Subsets. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:3605643 pubmed publisher..These findings further establish all three human blood DCs-despite their differences-as promising candidates for immunostimulatory effectors in cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Welters M, van der Sluis T, van Meir H, Loof N, van Ham V, van Duikeren S, et al. Vaccination during myeloid cell depletion by cancer chemotherapy fosters robust T cell responses. Sci Transl Med. 2016;8:334ra52 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, carboplatin-paclitaxel therapy fosters vigorous vaccine-induced T cell responses when vaccination is given after chemotherapy and has reset the tumor-induced abnormal myeloid cell composition to normal values. ..
- van Giessen A, Peters J, Wilcher B, Hyde C, Moons C, de Wit A, et al. Systematic Review of Health Economic Impact Evaluations of Risk Prediction Models: Stop Developing, Start Evaluating. Value Health. 2017;20:718-726 pubmed publisher..Guidance on HEE of PMs could encourage and standardize their application and enhance methodological quality, thereby improving adequate use of PM strategies. ..
- Bunge E, Essink Bot M, Kobussen M, van Suijlekom Smit L, Moll H, Raat H. Reliability and validity of health status measurement by the TAPQOL. Arch Dis Child. 2005;90:351-8 pubmed..Results showed that the TAPQOL is a feasible instrument to measure HRQoL and support the reliability and discriminative validity of the majority of its scales for infants as well as toddlers. ..
- Peul W, Van Den Hout W, Brand R, Thomeer R, Koes B. Prolonged conservative care versus early surgery in patients with sciatica caused by lumbar disc herniation: two year results of a randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2008;336:1355-8 pubmed publisher..Early surgery achieved more rapid relief of sciatica than conservative care, but outcomes were similar by one year and these did not change during the second year. ISRCT No 26872154. ..
- de Ruyter J, Olthof M, Kuijper L, Katan M. Effect of sugar-sweetened beverages on body weight in children: design and baseline characteristics of the Double-blind, Randomized INtervention study in Kids. Contemp Clin Trials. 2012;33:247-57 pubmed publisher..It would also suggest that a reduction in liquid sugars could decrease body fat more effectively than reduction of other calorie sources. ..
- RosenkÃ¶tter N, Achterberg P, van Bon Martens M, Michelsen K, van Oers H, Brand H. Key features of an EU health information system: a concept mapping study. Eur J Public Health. 2016;26:65-70 pubmed publisher..This study provides insights into key features of an EU-HISys. The results can be used to guide future planning and to support the development of a health information system for Europe. ..
- Omidvari A, Meester R, Lansdorp Vogelaar I. Cost effectiveness of surveillance for GI cancers. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2016;30:879-891 pubmed publisher..Further studies based on more robust effectiveness evidence are needed to inform and optimise surveillance programmes for GI cancers. ..
- Bom M, van der Heijden D, Kedhi E, Van der Heyden J, Meuwissen M, Knaapen P, et al. Early Detection and Treatment of the Vulnerable Coronary Plaque: Can We Prevent Acute Coronary Syndromes?. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Results from these studies may enable a more patient-tailored strategy for the treatment of coronary artery disease. ..
- Heesen M, Bloemeke B, Kunz D. The cytokine synthesis by heterozygous carriers of the Toll-like receptor 4 Asp299Gly polymorphism does not differ from that of wild type homozygotes. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2003;14:234-7 pubmed..Our study suggests that heterozygosity for this TLR4 mutation is not a major factor determining the cytokine response to endotoxin. ..
- Heemskerk M, Hoogeboom M, Hagedoorn R, Kester M, Willemze R, Falkenburg J. Reprogramming of virus-specific T cells into leukemia-reactive T cells using T cell receptor gene transfer. J Exp Med. 2004;199:885-94 pubmed
- De Winter F, Vo T, Stam F, Wisman L, Bär P, Niclou S, et al. The expression of the chemorepellent Semaphorin 3A is selectively induced in terminal Schwann cells of a subset of neuromuscular synapses that display limited anatomical plasticity and enhanced vulnerability in motor neuron disease. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;32:102-17 pubmed..We propose that expression of Sema3A by TSCs not only suppresses nerve terminal plasticity at specific neuromuscular synapses, but may also contribute to their early and selective loss in the motor neuron disease ALS. ..
- Bouwens M, van de Rest O, Dellschaft N, Bromhaar M, de Groot L, Geleijnse J, et al. Fish-oil supplementation induces antiinflammatory gene expression profiles in human blood mononuclear cells. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90:415-24 pubmed publisher..These results are the first to show that intake of EPA+DHA for 26 wk can alter the gene expression profiles of PBMCs to a more antiinflammatory and antiatherogenic status. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00124852. ..
- Tucha L, Tucha O, Sontag T, Stasik D, Laufkötter R, Lange K. Differential effects of methylphenidate on problem solving in adults with ADHD. J Atten Disord. 2011;15:161-73 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological treatment of adults with ADHD revealed a differential effect of MPH on problem solving abilities. ..
- Stigt J, tHart N, Knol A, Uil S, Groen H. Pyrosequencing analysis of EGFR and KRAS mutations in EUS and EBUS-derived cytologic samples of adenocarcinomas of the lung. J Thorac Oncol. 2013;8:1012-8 pubmed publisher..Pyrosequencing on cytological blocks, especially older tumor blocks, is feasible with a high diagnostic success rate. Failures in HRM were observed in DNA samples with short fragments related to longer storage times. ..
- van der Vleuten C. Validity of final examinations in undergraduate medical training. BMJ. 2000;321:1217-9 pubmed
- Hanse M, Vincent A, van den Bent M. Hemangioblastomatosis in a patient with von Hippel-Lindau disease. J Neurooncol. 2007;82:163-4 pubmed
- Bende R, Van Maldegem F, Triesscheijn M, Wormhoudt T, Guijt R, van Noesel C. Germinal centers in human lymph nodes contain reactivated memory B cells. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2655-65 pubmed
- Webbink D, Martin N, Visscher P. Does education reduce the probability of being overweight?. J Health Econ. 2010;29:29-38 pubmed publisher..Identical twin sisters who differ in educational attainment do not systematically differ in body size. Peer effects within pairs of identical twin sisters might play a role. ..
- Koek M, Sigurdsson V, van Weelden H, Steegmans P, Bruijnzeel Koomen C, Buskens E. Cost effectiveness of home ultraviolet B phototherapy for psoriasis: economic evaluation of a randomised controlled trial (PLUTO study). BMJ. 2010;340:c1490 pubmed publisher..Current Controlled Trials ISRCTN83025173 and Clinicaltrials.gov NCT00150930. ..
- van der Marel S, Comijn E, Verspaget H, van Deventer S, van den Brink G, Petry H, et al. Neutralizing antibodies against adeno-associated viruses in inflammatory bowel disease patients: implications for gene therapy. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011;17:2436-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show a relationship between disease phenotype in IBD patients and the humoral immune response to AAV. ..
- van de Port I, Wevers L, Lindeman E, Kwakkel G. Effects of circuit training as alternative to usual physiotherapy after stroke: randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2012;344:e2672 pubmed publisher..Dutch Trial Register (NTR1534). ..
- Zandbelt B, Bloemendaal M, Hoogendam J, Kahn R, Vink M. Transcranial magnetic stimulation and functional MRI reveal cortical and subcortical interactions during stop-signal response inhibition. J Cogn Neurosci. 2013;25:157-74 pubmed publisher..These findings extend our knowledge about the functional organization of inhibitory control, an important component of executive functioning, showing that rIFC exerts reactive control over M1 via SMC and right striatum. ..
- Mooij S, van der Klis F, van der Sande M, Schepp R, Speksnijder A, Bogaards J, et al. Seroepidemiology of high-risk HPV in HIV-negative and HIV-infected MSM: the H2M study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013;22:1698-708 pubmed publisher..HIV infection is a strong and independent determinant for HPV seropositivity, which we hypothesize is because of increased persistence of HPV infection in HIV-infected MSM. ..
- De Roo M, Albers G, Deliens L, de Vet H, Francke A, Van den Noortgate N, et al. Physical and Psychological Distress Are Related to Dying Peacefully in Residents With Dementia in Long-Term Care Facilities. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;50:1-8 pubmed publisher..Further qualitative research is recommended to gain more in-depth insights into the aspects on which relatives base their judgment of dying peacefully. ..
- MÃ¶ller C, Hafkemeijer A, Pijnenburg Y, Rombouts S, van der Grond J, Dopper E, et al. Different patterns of cortical gray matter loss over time in behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;38:21-31 pubmed publisher..Decline of cognitive performances was in line with cortical thinning and deteriorated the most in AD patients. ..
- Benders A, van Kuppevelt T, Oosterhof A, Wevers R, Veerkamp J. Adenosine triphosphatases during maturation of cultured human skeletal muscle cells and in adult human muscle. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1112:89-98 pubmed
- Stolk W, de Vlas S, Habbema J. Anti-Wolbachia treatment for lymphatic filariasis. Lancet. 2005;365:2067-8 pubmed
- Franssen M, Korevaar J, van der Veen F, Leschot N, Bossuyt P, Goddijn M. Reproductive outcome after chromosome analysis in couples with two or more miscarriages: index [corrected]-control study. BMJ. 2006;332:759-63 pubmed..Their chances of having a healthy child are as high as non-carrier couples, despite a higher risk of miscarriage. ..
- Huurman V, Kalpoe J, van de Linde P, Vaessen N, Ringers J, Kroes A, et al. Choice of antibody immunotherapy influences cytomegalovirus viremia in simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplant recipients. Diabetes Care. 2006;29:842-7 pubmed..These findings may prove valuable in the discussion on both safety of induction therapy and recurrent autoimmunity in SPK and islet transplantation. ..
- Benitez Ribas D, Adema G, Winkels G, Klasen I, Punt C, Figdor C, et al. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells of melanoma patients present exogenous proteins to CD4+ T cells after Fc gamma RII-mediated uptake. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1629-35 pubmed..Antigen presentation by pDCs may thus modulate the strength and quality of the secondary phase of an immune response. ..
- Jongerius I, K hl J, Pandey M, Ruyken M, Van Kessel K, Van Strijp J, et al. Staphylococcal complement evasion by various convertase-blocking molecules. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2461-71 pubmed publisher..The strong antiinflammatory properties of these novel S. aureus-derived convertase inhibitors make these compounds interesting drug candidates for complement-mediated diseases...
- Heymans R, Schouls L, van der Heide H, van der Loeff M, Bruisten S. Multiple-locus variable-number tandem repeat analysis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae. J Clin Microbiol. 2011;49:354-63 pubmed publisher..MLVA provided accurate identification of genetically related N. gonorrhoeae strains and revealed clusters of MSM and heterosexuals reflecting distinct transmission networks. ..
- Simons R, Wilschut E, Valk P. Sleep and alertness in North Sea helicopter operations. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2011;82:704-10 pubmed..Appropriate FDP scheduling is an important measure to optimize alertness of helicopter pilots who have to cope with adverse environmental conditions and limited landing and air traffic control facilities. ..
- Lugnér A, van Boven M, de Vries R, Postma M, Wallinga J. Cost effectiveness of vaccination against pandemic influenza in European countries: mathematical modelling analysis. BMJ. 2012;345:e4445 pubmed publisher..With aging populations, pre-existing immunity in particular could be of crucial importance for the cost effectiveness of options to mitigate a future influenza pandemic. ..
- Utens C, Goossens L, van Schayck O, Rutten van Mölken M, van Litsenburg W, Janssen A, et al. Patient preference and satisfaction in hospital-at-home and usual hospital care for COPD exacerbations: results of a randomised controlled trial. Int J Nurs Stud. 2013;50:1537-49 pubmed publisher..Results support the wider implementation of early assisted discharge for COPD exacerbations and this treatment option should be offered to selected patients that prefer home treatment. ..
- van den Dries K, Schwartz S, Byars J, Meddens M, Bolomini Vittori M, Lidke D, et al. Dual-color superresolution microscopy reveals nanoscale organization of mechanosensory podosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2112-23 pubmed publisher..Our findings call for a reevaluation of the current "core-ring" model and provide a novel structural framework for further understanding the collective behavior of podosome clusters. ..
- Veltman C, Beeres S, Kalkman D, Kelder T, Kies P, Vliegen H, et al. Variation in coronary anatomy in adult patients late after arterial switch operation: a computed tomography coronary angiography study. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013;96:1390-1397 pubmed publisher..Neoaortic root dilation and a higher coronary takeoff may explain part of the pathophysiology. Long-term follow-up is needed to determine the clinical significance of these findings. ..
- Reusken C, Haagmans B, Muller M, Gutierrez C, Godeke G, Meyer B, et al. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus neutralising serum antibodies in dromedary camels: a comparative serological study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013;13:859-66 pubmed publisher..Both titres and seroprevalences in sera from different locations in Oman suggest widespread infection. European Union, European Centre For Disease Prevention and Control, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft. ..
- Pieper P, Balci A, Aarnoudse J, Kampman M, Sollie K, Groen H, et al. Uteroplacental blood flow, cardiac function, and pregnancy outcome in women with congenital heart disease. Circulation. 2013;128:2478-87 pubmed publisher..Cardiovascular function is associated with an abnormal pattern of UDF. Compromised UDF may be a key factor in the high incidence of offspring and obstetric complications in this population. ..
- Hatano K, Sugimura K, Crocetti E. Looking at the dark and bright sides of identity formation: New insights from adolescents and emerging adults in Japan. J Adolesc. 2016;47:156-68 pubmed publisher..Clinical implications for identity research and intervention programs are discussed. ..
- Onrust S, Otten R, Lammers J, Smit F. School-based programmes to reduce and prevent substance use in different age groups: What works for whom? Systematic review and meta-regression analysis. Clin Psychol Rev. 2016;44:45-59 pubmed publisher..The various developmental stages offer different possibilities and opportunities for the reduction and prevention of substance use. ..
- Al Hatmi A, Mirabolfathy M, Hagen F, Normand A, Stielow J, Karami Osbo R, et al. DNA barcoding, MALDI-TOF, and AFLP data support Fusarium ficicrescens as a distinct species within the Fusarium fujikuroi species complex. Fungal Biol. 2016;120:265-78 pubmed publisher..TEF1 was confirmed as an essential barcode for identifying Fusarium species. In addition to TEF1, we evaluated BT2 and RPB2 in order to provide sufficient genetic and species boundaries information for recognition of the novel species. ..
- Walraven I, van den Heuvel M, van Diessen J, Schaake E, Uyterlinde W, Aerts J, et al. Long-term follow-up of patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer receiving concurrent hypofractionated chemoradiotherapy with or without cetuximab. Radiother Oncol. 2016;118:442-6 pubmed publisher..In this phase II trial, the median OS for the entire group was remarkably high; 31.5 months. Furthermore, 5-year OS was still 37.3%. Hypofractionation might contribute to improved OS in LA-NSCLC patients. ..
- Keppel Hesselink J. The terms 'autacoid', 'hormone' and 'chalone' and how they have shifted with time. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2015;35:51-8 pubmed publisher..Our exploration demonstrates that biomedical concepts can be constructed and defined differently as time goes by, while concept transformations seem to emerge without arguments. ..
- Ochodnicky P, Lattenist L, Ahdi M, Kers J, Uil M, Claessen N, et al. Increased Circulating and Urinary Levels of Soluble TAM Receptors in Diabetic Nephropathy. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1971-1983 pubmed publisher..Renal injury in diabetes is associated with elevated systemic and urine levels of sMer and sTyro3. This is the first study reporting excretion of sTAM receptors in urine, identifying the kidney as a source of sTAM. ..
- Drost J, van Boxtel R, Blokzijl F, Mizutani T, Sasaki N, Sasselli V, et al. Use of CRISPR-modified human stem cell organoids to study the origin of mutational signatures in cancer. Science. 2017;358:234-238 pubmed publisher..We show that signature 30 can arise from germline NTHL1 mutations. ..
- van Iersel J, Formijne Jonkers H, Paulides T, Verheijen P, Draaisma W, Consten E, et al. Robot-Assisted Ventral Mesh Rectopexy for Rectal Prolapse: A 5-Year Experience at a Tertiary Referral Center. Dis Colon Rectum. 2017;60:1215-1223 pubmed publisher..Robotic assistance appears advantageous for this procedure, but literature regarding robot-assisted ventral mesh rectopexy is limited...
- Dallinga Thie G, Van Tol A, Hattori H, Rensen P, Sijbrands E. Plasma phospholipid transfer protein activity is decreased in type 2 diabetes during treatment with atorvastatin: a role for apolipoprotein E?. Diabetes. 2006;55:1491-6 pubmed..The activity of PLTP in type 2 diabetes is decreased by atorvastatin. The association between the decrease in PLTP activity and apoE during statin treatment supports the hypothesis that apoE may prevent PLTP inactivation. ..
- Hermans M, Henry R, Dekker J, Kooman J, Kostense P, Nijpels G, et al. Estimated glomerular filtration rate and urinary albumin excretion are independently associated with greater arterial stiffness: the Hoorn Study. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:1942-52 pubmed..These findings may explain, in part, why eGFR and microalbuminuria are associated with greater risk for CVD and suggest that amelioration of arterial stiffness could be a target of intervention. ..
- Marteijn J, Bekker Jensen S, Mailand N, Lans H, Schwertman P, Gourdin A, et al. Nucleotide excision repair-induced H2A ubiquitination is dependent on MDC1 and RNF8 and reveals a universal DNA damage response. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:835-47 pubmed publisher..Although both lesions are processed by independent repair pathways and trigger signaling responses by distinct kinases, they eventually generate the same epigenetic mark, possibly functioning in DNA damage signal amplification. ..
- van Duijkeren E, Kamphuis M, van der Mije I, Laarhoven L, Duim B, Wagenaar J, et al. Transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius between infected dogs and cats and contact pets, humans and the environment in households and veterinary clinics. Vet Microbiol. 2011;150:338-43 pubmed publisher
- Stiggelbout A, van der Weijden T, de Wit M, Frosch D, Legare F, Montori V, et al. Shared decision making: really putting patients at the centre of healthcare. BMJ. 2012;344:e256 pubmed publisher..Although many clinicians feel they already use shared decision making, research shows a perception-reality gap. A M Stiggelbout and colleagues discuss why it is important and highlight some best practices. ..
- van Ee E, Kleber R. Child in the shadowlands. Lancet. 2012;380:642-3 pubmed
- Teunissen C, Menge T, Altintas A, Alvarez Cermeño J, Bertolotto A, Berven F, et al. Consensus definitions and application guidelines for control groups in cerebrospinal fluid biomarker studies in multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2013;19:1802-9 pubmed publisher..Application of these uniform definitions will lead to better comparability of biomarker studies and optimal use of available resources. This will lead to improved quality of CSF biomarker research in MS and related disorders. ..
- Wiegant K, van Roermund P, Intema F, Cotofana S, Eckstein F, Mastbergen S, et al. Sustained clinical and structural benefit after joint distraction in the treatment of severe knee osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2013;21:1660-7 pubmed publisher..Cartilage repair is still present after 2 years (MRI) and the newly formed tissue continues to be mechanically resilient as shown by an increased JSW under weight-bearing conditions. ..
- Bohlmeijer E, Lamers S, Fledderus M. Flourishing in people with depressive symptomatology increases with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Post-hoc analyses of a randomized controlled trial. Behav Res Ther. 2015;65:101-6 pubmed publisher..In addition to levels of positive mental health at baseline, an increase of psychological flexibility during the intervention was a significant predictor of flourishing at the three-month follow-up. ..
- Mangen M, Rozenbaum M, Huijts S, van Werkhoven C, Postma D, Atwood M, et al. Cost-effectiveness of adult pneumococcal conjugate vaccination in the Netherlands. Eur Respir J. 2015;46:1407-16 pubmed publisher..PCV13 vaccination is highly cost-effective in the Netherlands. The transferability of our results to other countries depends upon vaccination strategies already implemented in those countries. ..
- Te Riele A, James C, Groeneweg J, Sawant A, Kammers K, Murray B, et al. Approach to family screening in arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:755-63 pubmed publisher..Siblings have highest risk of disease, even after correcting for age and sex. Fulfilment of TFC independent of family history is superior to conventional TFC for arrhythmic risk stratification of relatives. ..
- Reuland E, al Naiemi N, Kaiser A, Heck M, Kluytmans J, Savelkoul P, et al. Prevalence and risk factors for carriage of ESBL-producing Enterobacteriaceae in Amsterdam. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:1076-82 pubmed publisher..A major risk factor in the general population was travel to countries outside Europe, in particular to Asia, Africa and Northern America. ..
- Steenhuis L, Bartels Velthuis A, Jenner J, Aleman A, Bruggeman R, Nauta M, et al. Religiosity in young adolescents with auditory vocal hallucinations. Psychiatry Res. 2016;236:158-164 pubmed publisher..A speculative explanation may be that religious practices were adopted in response to AVH as a method of coping. ..
- Boekhout M, Yuan R, Wondergem A, Segeren H, van Liere E, Awol N, et al. Feedback regulation between atypical E2Fs and APC/CCdh1 coordinates cell cycle progression. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:414-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we discovered a feedback loop between atypical E2Fs and APC/C(C) (dh1), which ensures balanced expression of cell cycle genes and normal cell cycle progression. ..
- Bours M, van der Linden B, Winkels R, van Duijnhoven F, Mols F, van Roekel E, et al. Candidate Predictors of Health-Related Quality of Life of Colorectal Cancer Survivors: A Systematic Review. Oncologist. 2016;21:433-52 pubmed publisher..This systematic review outlines candidate predictors of low quality of life of colorectal cancer survivors, providing a firm conceptual basis for developing prediction models. ..
- van den Houten M, Van Grinsven R, Pouwels S, Yo L, Van Sambeek M, Teijink J. Treatment of upper-extremity outflow thrombosis. Phlebology. 2016;31:28-33 pubmed publisher..However, several controversies exist regarding their indication and timing. ..
- Klijn S, Sicam V, Reus N. Long-term changes in intraocular lens position and corneal curvature after cataract surgery and their effect on refraction. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016;42:35-43 pubmed publisher..These fluctuations limit the accuracy with which the refractive outcome can be planned. No author has a financial or proprietary interest in any material or method mentioned. ..
- van Schagen I, Commandeur J, Goldenbeld C, Stipdonk H. Monitoring speed before and during a speed publicity campaign. Accid Anal Prev. 2016;97:326-334 pubmed publisher..The only exception was an effect of local speed limit reminders on the 30km/h roads. This effect, however, was temporary and had disappeared within a week. ..
- Leurs R, Hoffmann M, Wieland K, Timmerman H. H3 receptor gene is cloned at last. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2000;21:11-2 pubmed
- Elferink R, Groen A. Genetic defects in hepatobiliary transport. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1586:129-45 pubmed..Four of these transporter genes are associated with inherited diseases. In this minireview we will shortly describe our present understanding of bile formation and the associated inherited defects...
- Rangarajan S, Enserink J, Kuiperij H, de Rooij J, Price L, Schwede F, et al. Cyclic AMP induces integrin-mediated cell adhesion through Epac and Rap1 upon stimulation of the beta 2-adrenergic receptor. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:487-93 pubmed..From these results we conclude that cAMP mediates receptor-induced integrin-mediated cell adhesion to fibronectin through the Epac-Rap1 signaling pathway. ..
- Jansen J, Morgenstern H, Burdorf A. Dose-response relations between occupational exposures to physical and psychosocial factors and the risk of low back pain. Occup Environ Med. 2004;61:972-9 pubmed..Occupational exposure to trunk flexion over 45 degrees appears to be a risk factor for low back pain with disability among persons employed in nursing homes and homes for the elderly in the Netherlands. ..
- Lebbink R, de Ruiter T, Adelmeijer J, Brenkman A, van Helvoort J, Koch M, et al. Collagens are functional, high affinity ligands for the inhibitory immune receptor LAIR-1. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1419-25 pubmed..Our data reveal a novel mechanism of peripheral immune regulation by inhibitory immune receptors binding to extracellular matrix collagens. ..
- Duval C, Muller M, Kersten S. PPARalpha and dyslipidemia. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:961-71 pubmed
- Tait S, de Vries E, Maas C, Keller A, D Santos C, Borst J. Apoptosis induction by Bid requires unconventional ubiquitination and degradation of its N-terminal fragment. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:1453-66 pubmed publisher..We conclude that unconventional ubiquitination and proteasome-dependent degradation of tBid-N is required to unleash the proapoptotic activity of tBid-C. ..
- Beurskens L, Tibboel D, Lindemans J, Duvekot J, Cohen Overbeek T, Veenma D, et al. Retinol status of newborn infants is associated with congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Pediatrics. 2010;126:712-20 pubmed publisher..CDH is strongly associated with low retinol and RBP levels in newborns, independent of maternal retinol status. This is an important finding supporting the idea that human CDH is linked with abnormal retinoid homeostasis. ..
- Fluit A, Terlingen A, Andriessen L, Ikawaty R, van Mansfeld R, Top J, et al. Evaluation of the DiversiLab system for detection of hospital outbreaks of infections by different bacterial species. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:3979-89 pubmed publisher..coli. In our study, DL was inadequate for P. aeruginosa, E. faecium, and MRSA. However, it should be noted that for the identification of outbreaks, epidemiological data should be combined with typing results. ..
- Elissen A, Steuten L, Lemmens L, Drewes H, Lemmens K, Meeuwissen J, et al. Meta-analysis of the effectiveness of chronic care management for diabetes: investigating heterogeneity in outcomes. J Eval Clin Pract. 2013;19:753-62 pubmed publisher..Other potential sources of heterogeneity should be investigated to ensure implementation of evidence-based improvements in diabetes care. ..
- van Asch C, Velthuis B, Greving J, van Laar P, Rinkel G, Algra A, et al. External validation of the secondary intracerebral hemorrhage score in The Netherlands. Stroke. 2013;44:2904-6 pubmed publisher..Clues on noncontrast computed tomography are the strongest predictor of a macrovascular cause in patients with ICH. ..
- Van Driel P, van der Vorst J, Verbeek F, Oliveira S, Snoeks T, Keereweer S, et al. Intraoperative fluorescence delineation of head and neck cancer with a fluorescent anti-epidermal growth factor receptor nanobody. Int J Cancer. 2014;134:2663-73 pubmed publisher..Translation of this approach to the clinic would potentially improve the rate of radical surgical resections. ..
- Rijlaarsdam M, van der Zwan Y, Dorssers L, Looijenga L. DMRforPairs: identifying differentially methylated regions between unique samples using array based methylation profiles. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014;15:141 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, DMRforPairs is the first tool to identify and visualize relevant and significant differentially methylated regions between unique samples. ..
- Engelhart D, Pasma J, Schouten A, Aarts R, Meskers C, Maier A, et al. Adaptation of multijoint coordination during standing balance in healthy young and healthy old individuals. J Neurophysiol. 2016;115:1422-35 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the elderly adapted their reflexive stiffness around the ankle joint less compared with young participants. These results imply that elderly were stiffer and were less able to adapt to external force fields. ..
- Palmen L, Schrier J, Scholten R, Jansen J, KoÃ«ter S. Is it too early to move to full electronic PROM data collection?: A randomized controlled trial comparing PROM's after hallux valgus captured by e-mail, traditional mail and telephone. Foot Ankle Surg. 2016;22:46-9 pubmed publisher..Though electronic data collection has enormous potential, this study shows that e-mail yields unacceptable low response rates. It is too early to replace traditional pen-and-paper PROM's by electronic questionnaires. ..
- Lotta L, Sharp S, Burgess S, Perry J, Stewart I, Willems S, et al. Association Between Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol-Lowering Genetic Variants and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: A Meta-analysis. JAMA. 2016;316:1383-1391 pubmed publisher..These data provide insights into potential adverse effects of LDL-C-lowering therapy. ..
- Kamminga T, Koehorst J, Vermeij P, Slagman S, Martins Dos Santos V, Bijlsma J, et al. Persistence of Functional Protein Domains in Mycoplasma Species and their Role in Host Specificity and Synthetic Minimal Life. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:31 pubmed publisher..This study provides a concise overview of the functional capabilities of mycoplasma species, which can be used as a basis to further understand host-pathogen interaction or to design synthetic minimal life...
- van den Bent M, Lamers C, van T Veer M, Sillevis Smitt P, Bolhuis R, Gratama J. Increased levels of soluble CD27 in the cerebrospinal fluid are not diagnostic for leptomeningeal involvement by lymphoid malignancies. Ann Hematol. 2002;81:187-91 pubmed..Normal sCD27 concentrations in CSF samples of patients with chronic lymphoproliferation makes LI unlikely, but the determination of CSF sCD27 is not sufficiently specific to serve as a reliable tumor marker. ..