Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Italy
Publications2009 found, 100 shown here
- Valenti L, Dongiovanni P, Piperno A, Fracanzani A, Maggioni M, Rametta R, et al. Alpha 1-antitrypsin mutations in NAFLD: high prevalence and association with altered iron metabolism but not with liver damage. Hepatology. 2006;44:857-64 pubmed..047), AAT mutations favoring sinusoidal iron deposition did not affect liver damage. In conclusion, AAT mutations are associated with hyperferritinemia and sinusoidal iron accumulation, but not with more severe liver damage in NAFLD. ..
- Madia F, Striano P, Gennaro E, Malacarne M, Paravidino R, Biancheri R, et al. Cryptic chromosome deletions involving SCN1A in severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy. Neurology. 2006;67:1230-5 pubmed..Clinical features other than epilepsy could be associated with SMEI as a consequence of deletions in contiguous genes. ..
- Merlo A, Casalini P, Carcangiu M, Malventano C, Triulzi T, Menard S, et al. FOXP3 expression and overall survival in breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:1746-52 pubmed publisher..The data identify FOXP3 expression as a new independent prognostic factor in breast carcinoma, which might help to improve the selection of patients for appropriate therapy. ..
- Libra M, Scalisi A, Vella N, Clementi S, Sorio R, Stivala F, et al. Uterine cervical carcinoma: role of matrix metalloproteinases (review). Int J Oncol. 2009;34:897-903 pubmed..This review describes the current understanding of MMP-2 and MMP-9 expression and activity in pre-cancer and cancer lesions of cervical uterine, which may open new strategies for diagnostic and therapeutic interventions. ..
- Bertol E, Mari F, Milia M, Politi L, Furlanetto S, Karch S. Determination of aminorex in human urine samples by GC-MS after use of levamisole. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2011;55:1186-9 pubmed publisher..Levamisole and aminorex were extracted from real urine samples by liquid-liquid extraction and identified and quantified by GC-MS (identification by 3 ions per substance, LLOQ at 0.15ng/ml for both). ..
- Grazzini M, Stanganelli I, Rossari S, Gori A, Oranges T, Longo A, et al. Dermoscopy, confocal laser microscopy, and hi-tech evaluation of vascular skin lesions: diagnostic and therapeutic perspectives. Dermatol Ther. 2012;25:297-303 pubmed publisher..e., hemangiomas angiokeratoma, pyogenic granuloma, angiosarcoma) taking into particular consideration the differential diagnosis with amelanotic melanoma. ..
- Russo G, Casarino C, Arnetta G, Candiano G, Stefano A, Alongi F, et al. Dose distribution changes with shielding disc misalignments and wrong orientations in breast IOERT: a Monte Carlo - GEANT4 and experimental study. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2012;13:3817 pubmed publisher..This information could help the surgical team choose a more correct clinical setup, and assist in quantifying the degree of success or failure of an IOERT breast treatment. ..
- Zanon F, Baracca E, Pastore G, Marcantoni L, Fraccaro C, Lanza D, et al. Multipoint pacing by a left ventricular quadripolar lead improves the acute hemodynamic response to CRT compared with conventional biventricular pacing at any site. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:975-81 pubmed publisher..The MPP-induced improvement in contractility was associated with significantly greater narrowing of the QRS complex than conventional BiV pacing. ..
- Andriani F, Bertolini G, Facchinetti F, Baldoli E, Moro M, Casalini P, et al. Conversion to stem-cell state in response to microenvironmental cues is regulated by balance between epithelial and mesenchymal features in lung cancer cells. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:253-71 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for current endeavors to identify tumors with increased plasticity. ..
- Mammarella N, Fairfield B, Di Domenico A, D Onofrio L, Stuppia L, Gatta V. The modulating role of ADRA2B in emotional working memory: Attending the negative but remembering the positive. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2016;130:129-34 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that deletion variants of ADRA2B may show greater levels of cognitive-affective flexibility compared to non-carriers. ..
- De Luca S, Passera R, Sottile A, Fiori C, Scarpa R, Porpiglia F. [-2]proPSA versus ultrasensitive PSA fluctuations over time in the first year from radical prostatectomy, in an high-risk prostate cancer population: A first report. BMC Urol. 2016;16:14 pubmed publisher..Since BCR was not confirmed as determinant of [-2]proPSA fluctuations, its use as marker of early biochemical relapse may not be actually recommended, in an high-risk prostate cancer patients population. ..
- Rumio C, Besusso D, Palazzo M, Selleri S, Sfondrini L, Dubini F, et al. Degranulation of paneth cells via toll-like receptor 9. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:373-81 pubmed..Moreover CpG-ODN treatment increased resistance to oral challenge with virulent Salmonella typhimurium. Moreover, our findings demonstrate a sentinel role for Paneth cells through TLR9...
- Massimo L. Marrying pediatric oncology to biological research: cell communication in neuroectodermal tumors: introduction to the workshop. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1028:56-8 pubmed
- Frega A, Lorenzon L, Bononi M, De Cesare A, Ciardi A, Lombardi D, et al. Evaluation of E6 and E7 mRNA expression in HPV DNA positive breast cancer. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2012;33:164-7 pubmed..The role of the virus in breast oncogenesis is still unclear, since our analysis failed in demonstrating the expression of viral E6 and E7 in positive HPV positive breast tumor tissues. ..
- Fragni M, Bonini S, Stabile A, Bodei S, Cristinelli L, Simeone C, et al. Inhibition of Survivin Is Associated with Zoledronic Acid-induced Apoptosis of Prostate Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:913-20 pubmed..This study provides evidence that ZA may directly inhibit cancer cell proliferation, identifying survivin as one of its downstream targets. ..
- RiganO R, Profumo E, Ioppolo S, Notargiacomo S, Ortona E, Teggi A, et al. Immunological markers indicating the effectiveness of pharmacological treatment in human hydatid disease. Clin Exp Immunol. 1995;102:281-5 pubmed..IgG subclass responses and differential immunoglobulin subclass binding pattern to hydatid antigens may also be useful in the immunosurveillance of hydatid disease. ..
- Pansini F, De Paoli D, Albertazzi P, Bonaccorsi G, Campobasso C, Zanotti L, et al. Sequential addition of low dose of medrogestone or medroxyprogesterone acetate to transdermal estradiol: a pilot study on their influence on the endometrium. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1996;68:137-41 pubmed..MPA fully transformed the endometrium: periods were thus heavier but regular. None of the patients in either group had endometrial hyperplasia...
- Barone R, Pavone L, Fiumara A, Bianchini R, Jaeken J. Developmental patterns and neuropsychological assessment in patients with carbohydrate-deficient glycoconjugate syndrome type IA (phosphomannomutase deficiency). Brain Dev. 1999;21:260-3 pubmed..This study expands our understanding on the clinical spectrum of CDGIA syndrome and may be helpful for planning rehabilitation and education...
- Lupidi G, Bollettini M, Venardi G, Marmocchi F, Rotilio G. Functional residues on the enzyme active site of glyoxalase I from bovine brain. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2001;31:317-29 pubmed..A protective effect of the competitive inhibitor S-hexylglutathione was observed for all reagents used, indicating the presence of modified amino acids in or near the enzyme active site...
- Pasanisi E, Vincenti V, Bacciu A, Guida M, Berghenti T, Barbot A, et al. Multichannel cochlear implantation in radical mastoidectomy cavities. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2002;127:432-6 pubmed..By obliterating and isolating the radical mastoidectomy cavity from the outer environment, patients who previously had undergone radical surgery of the middle ear can be safely implanted with satisfactory hearing results. ..
- Remuzzi G. Is ADAMTS-13 deficiency specific for thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura? No. J Thromb Haemost. 2003;1:632-4 pubmed
- Bassi M, Manzoni M, Bresciani R, Pizzo M, Della Monica A, Barlati S, et al. Cellular expression and alternative splicing of SLC25A23, a member of the mitochondrial Ca2+-dependent solute carrier gene family. Gene. 2005;345:173-82 pubmed..We believe that our study will contribute to a better knowledge of this family of mitochondrial carriers. ..
- Magaudda A, Ferlazzo E, Nguyen V, Genton P. Unverricht-Lundborg disease, a condition with self-limited progression: long-term follow-up of 20 patients. Epilepsia. 2006;47:860-6 pubmed..This study shows that ULD progresses only over a limited period and stabilizes thereafter. This self-limited progression may be the consequence of age-related apoptosis of selected neuronal populations. ..
- Ambrosini Spaltro A, Vaira V, Braidotti P, Rovati M, Ferrero S, Bosari S. Carcinosarcoma of the colon: report of a case with morphological, ultrastructural and molecular analysis. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:185 pubmed..Carcinosarcoma of the colon is a rare tumour with both epithelial and sarcomatous components. Molecular analysis of the current case suggests the histogenesis from a common cell progenitor. ..
- Quintavalle M, Sambucini S, Di Pietro C, De Francesco R, Neddermann P. The alpha isoform of protein kinase CKI is responsible for hepatitis C virus NS5A hyperphosphorylation. J Virol. 2006;80:11305-12 pubmed..Finally, we showed that down-regulation of CKI-alpha attenuates HCV RNA replication. ..
- Villani E, Galimberti D, Viola F, Mapelli C, Ratiglia R. The cornea in Sjogren's syndrome: an in vivo confocal study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:2017-22 pubmed
- Beffagna G, De Bortoli M, Nava A, Salamon M, Lorenzon A, Zaccolo M, et al. Missense mutations in desmocollin-2 N-terminus, associated with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy, affect intracellular localization of desmocollin-2 in vitro. BMC Med Genet. 2007;8:65 pubmed..Identification of additional DSC2 mutations associated with ARVC may result in increased diagnostic accuracy with implications for genetic counseling. ..
- Grandis M, Vigo T, Passalacqua M, Jain M, Scazzola S, La Padula V, et al. Different cellular and molecular mechanisms for early and late-onset myelin protein zero mutations. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:1877-89 pubmed publisher..Further characterization of these pathways will lead to a better understanding of the pathogenesis of CMT1B and a rational basis for treating these debilitating inherited neuropathies. ..
- Bernasconi P, Cappelletti C, Navone F, Nessi V, Baggi F, Vernos I, et al. The kinesin superfamily motor protein KIF4 is associated with immune cell activation in idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008;67:624-32 pubmed publisher..These results imply that KIF4 is associated with activated T cells, irrespective of their functional phenotype, and that it is likely involved in cytoskeletal modifications associated with in situ T-cell activation in IIM. ..
- Bellino S, Paradiso E, Bogetto F. Efficacy and tolerability of aripiprazole augmentation in sertraline-resistant patients with borderline personality disorder. Psychiatry Res. 2008;161:206-12 pubmed publisher..Adverse effects were mild headache, insomnia, and anxiety. Aripiprazole is an efficacious and well-tolerated add-on treatment for sertraline-resistant BPD patients. It acts on impulsive and psychotic-like symptoms. ..
- Bosetti C, Bianchi C, Negri E, La Vecchia C. Estimates of the incidence and prevalence of renal cell carcinoma in Italy in 2002 and projections for the years 2007 and 2012. Tumori. 2009;95:142-5 pubmed..We provided estimates of the number of incident and prevalent cases of kidney and renal cell cancer in Italy overall and in various regions in 2002 and gave projections for the years 2007 and 2012...
- ..The aims of this study were to review robot-assisted motor and functional rehabilitation of the upper limb in patients with stroke and to outline possible clinical applications of robotics in neuro-rehabilitation...
- Castellani M, Seghezzi S, Chiesa C, Aliberti G, Maccauro M, Seregni E, et al. (131)I-MIBG treatment of pheochromocytoma: low versus intermediate activity regimens of therapy. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010;54:100-13 pubmed..Aim of the present study was to compare the use of low versus intermediate activity of MIBG to achieve better results in a shorter time with higher activities...
- Tedesco L, Valerio A, Dossena M, Cardile A, Ragni M, Pagano C, et al. Cannabinoid receptor stimulation impairs mitochondrial biogenesis in mouse white adipose tissue, muscle, and liver: the role of eNOS, p38 MAPK, and AMPK pathways. Diabetes. 2010;59:2826-36 pubmed publisher..CB1 receptor stimulation decreases mitochondrial biogenesis in white adipocytes, through eNOS downregulation and p38 MAPK activation, and impairs mitochondrial function in metabolically active tissues of dietary obese mice. ..
- Raspagliesi F, Ditto A, Selvaggi L, Frigerio L, Melpignano M, Scambia G, et al. A phase 2 multicenter study of irinotecan and cisplatinum as neoadjuvant treatment in patients with locally advanced cervical cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:1569-75 pubmed publisher..Irinotecan and CDDP as neoadjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced cervical cancer showed a promising response rate. These data warrant confirmation with a phase 3 study. ..
- Parma G, Mancari R, Del Conte G, Scambia G, Gadducci A, Hess D, et al. An open-label phase 2 study of twice-weekly bortezomib and intermittent pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in patients with ovarian cancer failing platinum-containing regimens. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:792-800 pubmed publisher..Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) is an established treatment for relapsed ovarian cancer. Preclinical and clinical evidences in other tumor types suggest that the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib can act synergistically with PLD...
- D Inzeo S, Nicolussi A, Nardi F, Coppa A. Effects of the Smad4 C324Y mutation on thyroid cell proliferation. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:1890-6 pubmed publisher..All together, these data demonstrate that Smad4 C324Y mutation, interacting with the PKA pathway, gives cells the ability to proliferate independently from TSH. ..
- Loi A, Lisci S, Denotti A, Cauli A. Bone mineral density in women on long-term mud-bath therapy in a Salus per Aquam (SPA) environment. Reumatismo. 2013;65:121-5 pubmed publisher..93±0.78) (P<0.0002 and P<0.0001). Similar results were observed in the analysis of data restricted to women in menopause only. Long-term mud-bath therapy in SPA environment appeared to be beneficial for BMD. ..
- Fornaciai M, Cicchini G, Burr D. Adaptation to number operates on perceived rather than physical numerosity. Cognition. 2016;151:63-67 pubmed publisher..This suggests that adaptation to numerosity, at least for relatively sparse dot-pattern, occurs at neural levels encoding perceived numerosity, rather than at lower levels responding to the number of elements in the scene. ..
- Colli A, Bizzotto E, Manzan E, Besola L, Pradegan N, Bellù R, et al. Patient-Specific Ventricular Access Site Selection for the NeoChord Mitral Valve Repair Procedure. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e199-e202 pubmed publisher..Louis Park, MN) repair procedure to correct mitral regurgitation and who have a leaflet-to-annulus index lower than the recommended efficacy threshold of 1.25. ..
- Malgeri U, Baldini L, Perfetti V, Fabris S, Vignarelli M, Colombo G, et al. Detection of t(4;14)(p16.3;q32) chromosomal translocation in multiple myeloma by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction analysis of IGH-MMSET fusion transcripts. Cancer Res. 2000;60:4058-61 pubmed..The results of this study indicate that RT-PCR is a sensitive and reliable method of detecting t(4;14) and suggest that it may be useful for monitoring the disease in a significant proportion of patients. ..
- Maria G, Alfonsi G, Nigro C, Brisinda G. Whitehead's hemorrhoidectomy. A useful surgical procedure in selected cases. Tech Coloproctol. 2001;5:93-6 pubmed..On the basis of our experience we believe that Whitehead's hemorrhoidectomy still has its place in selected cases with precise indications. ..
- Bocchino V, Bertorelli G, Bertrand C, Ponath P, Newman W, Franco C, et al. Eotaxin and CCR3 are up-regulated in exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. Allergy. 2002;57:17-22 pubmed..05, r=0.57). Our study suggests that eotaxin and CCR3 are up-regulated and could be involved in the eosinophil and CD4+ lymphocyte recruitment into the airways which occur during acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. ..
- Barone F, Dogliotti E, Cellai L, Giordano C, Bjørås M, Mazzei F. Influence of DNA torsional rigidity on excision of 7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine in the presence of opposing abasic sites by human OGG1 protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:1897-903 pubmed..A close relation between the twisting flexibility of the DNA fragment and the excision efficiency of the oxidative damage by hOGG1 protein within a cluster was found. ..
- Ombra M, Casula S, Biino G, Maestrale G, Cardia F, Melis P, et al. Urinary glycosaminoglycans as risk factors for uric acid nephrolithiasis: case control study in a Sardinian genetic isolate. Urology. 2003;62:416-20 pubmed..We report that the lower excretion of GAGs in stone formers could impair their inhibitory activity on UA stone formation, and, as a consequence, it may represent a risk factor for this form of urolithiasis. ..
- Garbarino S, De Carli F, Mascialino B, Beelke M, Nobili L, Squarcia S, et al. Sleepiness in a population of Italian shiftwork policemen. J Hum Ergol (Tokyo). 2001;30:211-6 pubmed..However our data should alert occupational health physicians for the diagnosis and prevention of possible lurking intrinsic sleep disorders likely to influence health problems and risk of accidents in shiftworkers. ..
- Schietroma M, Carlei F, Franchi L, Mazzotta C, Sozio A, Lygidakis N, et al. A comparison of serum interleukin-6 concentrations in patients treated by cholecystectomy via laparotomy or laparoscopy. Hepatogastroenterology. 2004;51:1595-9 pubmed..Indeed excessive and prolonged post-injury elevations are associated with increased morbidity. ..
- Querzani P. Guidelines for the management of headache in the emergency department. Neurol Sci. 2004;25 Suppl 3:S190-1 pubmed..Here we propose a procedure whereby four different clinical scenarios are defined for nontraumatic headache and then evidence-based suggestions are given for managing them in the emergency department. ..
- Perrotta S, Borriello A, Scaloni A, De Franceschi L, Brunati A, Turrini F, et al. The N-terminal 11 amino acids of human erythrocyte band 3 are critical for aldolase binding and protein phosphorylation: implications for band 3 function. Blood. 2005;106:4359-66 pubmed..The identification of a novel band 3 mutant and its structural and functional characterization enabled us to identify pivotal roles for the 11 N-terminal amino acids in several protein functions and, in turn, in red-cell physiology. ..
- Dragoni S, Di Stolfo G, Sicuro S, Lisi M, Parker J, Forconi S, et al. Postconditioning fails to prevent radial artery endothelial dysfunction induced by ischemia and reperfusion: evidence from a human in vivo study. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006;84:611-5 pubmed..Further human studies are necessary to evaluate other reperfusion protocols in an attempt to limit post-ischemic tissue damage. ..
- Chiappini E, Galli L, Tovo P, Gabiano C, Lisi C, Gattinara G, et al. Changing patterns of clinical events in perinatally HIV-1-infected children during the era of HAART. AIDS. 2007;21:1607-15 pubmed..The introduction of HAART has decreased mortality and progression to AIDS in perinatally HIV-1-infected children, but information on modification of the rate of specific clinical events is limited...
- Santarpia M, Altavilla G, Margeli M, Cirauqui B, Mesiti M, Cavallari V, et al. PIK3CA mutations and BRCA1 expression in breast cancer: potential biomarkers for chemoresistance. Cancer Invest. 2008;26:1044-51 pubmed publisher..01) and ERBB2 overexpression (P = 0.02). These findings may help to identify a subgroup of patients who will likely benefit from chemotherapy regimens containing microtubule-disrupting agents. ..
- Vizioli M, Sensi M, Miranda C, Cleris L, Formelli F, Anania M, et al. IGFBP7: an oncosuppressor gene in thyroid carcinogenesis. Oncogene. 2010;29:3835-44 pubmed publisher..We show that the effects of IGFBP7 are related to apoptosis. Our data suggest that loss of IGFBP7 expression has a functional role in thyroid carcinogenesis, and it may represent a possible basis for therapeutic strategies. ..
- Simion M, Rocchietta I, Fontana F, Dellavia C. Evaluation of a resorbable collagen matrix infused with rhPDGF-BB in peri-implant soft tissue augmentation: a preliminary report with 3.5 years of observation. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012;32:273-82 pubmed..However, the measuring techniques available need to be further improved to record exact changes in the soft tissue volume. ..
- Grimaldi D, Calandra Buonaura G, Provini F, Agati P, Pierangeli G, Franceschini C, et al. Abnormal sleep-cardiovascular system interaction in narcolepsy with cataplexy: effects of hypocretin deficiency in humans. Sleep. 2012;35:519-28 pubmed publisher..This finding may be the result not only of the hypocretinergic deficiency per se but also of the altered sleep/wake regulation characterizing NC. ..
- Chiabrando D, Fiorito V, Marro S, Silengo L, Altruda F, Tolosano E. Cell-specific regulation of Ferroportin transcription following experimentally-induced acute anemia in mice. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2013;50:25-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, hypoxia, by directly controlling hepcidin and its target FPN, orchestrates a complex regulatory network aimed at ensuring rapid iron recovery from the periphery and efficient iron utilization in the erythroid compartment. ..
- Di Monaco M, Castiglioni C, Vallero F, Di Monaco R, Tappero R. Parathyroid hormone response to severe vitamin D deficiency is sex associated: an observational study of 571 hip fracture inpatients. J Nutr Health Aging. 2013;17:180-4 pubmed publisher..The higher prevalence of secondary hyperparathyroidism may play a role in the known prognostic disadvantage found in hip-fracture men. ..
- Fedele L, Motta F, Frontino G, Restelli E, Bianchi S. Double uterus with obstructed hemivagina and ipsilateral renal agenesis: pelvic anatomic variants in 87 cases. Hum Reprod. 2013;28:1580-3 pubmed publisher..This is a retrospective study with a long enrolling period (30 years). New insights in the anatomic variants of this rare syndrome with their relevant surgical implications. ..
- Gandaglia G, Becker A, Trinh Q, Abdollah F, Schiffmann J, Roghmann F, et al. Long-term survival in patients with germ cell testicular cancer: a population-based competing-risks regression analysis. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2014;40:103-12 pubmed publisher..Such information can help provide patients and physicians with better screening strategies, follow-up protocols, and mental preparedness for such undesirable effects. ..
- Nicita F, Garone G, Spalice A, Savasta S, Striano P, Pantaleoni C, et al. Epilepsy is a possible feature in Williams-Beuren syndrome patients harboring typical deletions of the 7q11.23 critical region. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170A:148-55 pubmed publisher..This is the largest series describing electro-clinical features of epilepsy in WBS. In WBS, epilepsy should be considered both in case of typical and atypical deletions, which do not involve HIP1, YWHAG or MAGI2. ..
- Washbourne P, Pellizzari R, Baldini G, Wilson M, Montecucco C. Botulinum neurotoxin types A and E require the SNARE motif in SNAP-25 for proteolysis. FEBS Lett. 1997;418:1-5 pubmed
- Brusa A, Pramstaller P. Ante litteram description of atypical parkinsonian cases. Neurol Sci. 2000;21:407-9 pubmed..Some of these cases can be recognized. Therefore the epidemic encephalitis has no etiological importance in these clinical syndromes...
- Diaz G, Diana A, Falchi A, Gremo F, Pani A, Batetta B, et al. Intra- and intercellular distribution of mitochondrial probes and changes after treatment with MDR modulators. IUBMB Life. 2001;51:121-6 pubmed
- Rizzo M, Berneis K, Zeljkovic A, Vekic J. Should we routinely measure low-density and high-density lipoprotein subclasses?. Clin Lab. 2009;55:421-9 pubmed..It remains to be established whether lipoprotein subclasses should be analyzed in routine practice, although their assessment in high-risk subjects could be recommended. ..
- Pini G, Faggi E. Extracellular phospholipase activity of Malassezia strains isolated from individuals with and without dermatological disease. Rev Iberoam Micol. 2011;28:179-82 pubmed publisher..This observation suggests that the phospholipasic activity of Malassezia may play a role in the onset of skin lesions, especially in the case of pityriasis versicolor. ..
- Di Nunzio M, Valli V, Bordoni A. Pro- and anti-oxidant effects of polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation in HepG2 cells. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2011;85:121-7 pubmed publisher..Overall, this points out the importance of not generalizing dietary recommendations considering PUFA as one category, but to extend them to the individual fatty acids. ..
- Casati M, Arosio B, Gussago C, Ferri E, Magni L, Assolari L, et al. Down-regulation of adenosine A1 and A2A receptors in peripheral cells from idiopathic normal-pressure hydrocephalus patients. J Neurol Sci. 2016;361:196-9 pubmed publisher..001) as well as there was a trend in protein expression: iNPH and CT (0.51 Â± 0.05 and 0.62 Â± 0.03; p=0.172). This preliminary study underlines the involvement of Ado system in iNPH disease whose pathophysiology is still unclear. ..
- Curnis F, Arrigoni G, Sacchi A, Fischetti L, Arap W, Pasqualini R, et al. Differential binding of drugs containing the NGR motif to CD13 isoforms in tumor vessels, epithelia, and myeloid cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:867-74 pubmed..These findings may explain the selectivity and the tumor-homing properties of NGR-drug conjugates and may have important implications in the development of vascular-targeted therapies based on the NGR/CD13 system. ..
- Tartarone A, Romano G, Galasso R, Coccaro M, Cammarota A, Sgambato A, et al. Pulmonary blastoma after liver transplant: a case report. Tumori. 2002;88:173-5 pubmed..Our findings confirm that organ transplant recipients deserve long-term medical surveillance also in the absence of graft complications, and that pulmonary blastoma is an aggressive tumor with a poor prognosis...
- Buccoliero A, Caldarella A, Santucci M, Ammannati F, Mennonna P, Taddei A, et al. Plasma cell granuloma--an enigmatic lesion: description of an extensive intracranial case and review of the literature. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003;127:e220-3 pubmed..He is alive with persistent severe visual disturbance 14 months after the diagnosis. We discuss the etiopathogenetic, diagnostic, and therapeutic issues related to this entity, and review the literature...
- Bartolomei M, Mazzetta C, Handkiewicz Junak D, Bodei L, Rocca P, Grana C, et al. Combined treatment of glioblastoma patients with locoregional pre-targeted 90Y-biotin radioimmunotherapy and temozolomide. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2004;48:220-8 pubmed..These results confirm the safety and the efficacy of (90)Y LR-RIT in recurrent GBM patients; the addition of TMZ significantly improved the overall outcomes; a further controlled prospective, randomized study is fully justified. ..
- Zanasi M, De Persis S, Caporali M, Siracusano A. Dreams and age. Percept Mot Skills. 2005;100:925-38 pubmed..A significant prevalence in the semantic field of visual sense was evident as younger subjects used more sentences referring to sight than the elderly participants. ..
- Russo P, Catassi A, Cesario A, Imperatori A, Rotolo N, Fini M, et al. Molecular mechanisms of hexavalent chromium-induced apoptosis in human bronchoalveolar cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;33:589-600 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report indicating strict correlation of Cr(VI) apoptosis to PUMA induction on primary human bronchoalveolar cells in short-term cultures. ..
- Nanni S, Melandri G, Hanemaaijer R, Cervi V, Tomasi L, Altimari A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinases in premature coronary atherosclerosis: influence of inhibitors, inflammation, and genetic polymorphisms. Transl Res. 2007;149:137-44 pubmed..250, P = 0.006). In conclusion, MMP and TIMP plasma levels in premature CAD are linked to clinical presentation and markers of inflammation and metabolic disorders rather than to genetic polymorphisms. ..
- Marenzi G, Moltrasio M, Assanelli E, Lauri G, Marana I, Grazi M, et al. Impact of cardiac and renal dysfunction on inhospital morbidity and mortality of patients with acute myocardial infarction undergoing primary angioplasty. Am Heart J. 2007;153:755-62 pubmed
- Pagani A, Silvestri L, Nai A, Camaschella C. Hemojuvelin N-terminal mutants reach the plasma membrane but do not activate the hepcidin response. Haematologica. 2008;93:1466-72 pubmed publisher..However, independently of their plasma membrane export, all hemojuvelin mutants tested showed no or minimal hepcidin activation. ..
- Vercellini P, Somigliana E, Vigano P, Abbiati A, Barbara G, Fedele L. 'Blood On The Tracks' from corpora lutea to endometriomas. BJOG. 2009;116:366-71 pubmed publisher..A unilateral endometriotic cyst without previous detection of a cystic corpus luteum was observed in 14 women. Bleeding from a corpus luteum appears to be a critical event in the development of endometriomas. ..
- Sofi F, Valecchi D, Bacci D, Abbate R, Gensini G, Casini A, et al. Physical activity and risk of cognitive decline: a meta-analysis of prospective studies. J Intern Med. 2011;269:107-17 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest a significant and consistent protection for all levels of physical activity against the occurrence of cognitive decline. ..
- Cirillo M, Lombardi C, Mele A, Marcarelli F, Bilancio G. A population-based approach for the definition of chronic kidney disease: the CKD Prognosis Consortium. J Nephrol. 2012;25:7-12 pubmed publisher..This first set of results of the CKD Prognosis Consortium represents an important step in the evidence-based definition of CKD. Conclusions should be reevaluated with eGFR calculation by equations less biased for normal-high eGFR. ..
- Ruggenenti P, Cravedi P, Remuzzi G. Mechanisms and treatment of CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;23:1917-28 pubmed publisher..Whether novel medications may help further improve the cost-effectiveness of renoprotective interventions is a matter of investigation. ..
- Schiff S, D Avanzo C, Cona G, Goljahani A, Montagnese S, Volpato C, et al. Insight into the relationship between brain/behavioral speed and variability in patients with minimal hepatic encephalopathy. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014;125:287-97 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the utility of investigating the relationship between single-trial ERPs parameters along with RT distributions to explore brain functioning in normal or pathological conditions. ..
- Ingegnoli F, Castelli R, Gualtierotti R. Rheumatoid factors: clinical applications. Dis Markers. 2013;35:727-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, different rheumatoid factor isotypes alone or in combination can be helpful when managing rheumatoid arthritis patients, from the time of diagnosis until deciding on the choice of therapeutic strategy. ..
- Armeni P, Boscolo P, Tarricone R, Capodanno D, Maggioni A, Grasso C, et al. Real-world cost effectiveness of MitraClip combined with Medical Therapy Versus Medical therapy alone in patients with moderate or severe mitral regurgitation. Int J Cardiol. 2016;209:153-60 pubmed publisher..The cost-effectiveness of MitraClip is in line or superior to the one of other non-pharmaceutical strategies for heart failure. ..