Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Israel
Publications885 found, 100 shown here
- Sharony R, Kidron D, Aviram R, Beyth Y, Tepper R. Prenatal diagnosis of fetal cerebellar lesions: a case report and review of the literature. Prenat Diagn. 1999;19:1077-80 pubmed..Additional fetal malformations, if present, assist in making the final diagnosis. We present a case of an isolated echogenic mass in one of the cerebellar hemispheres along with the differential diagnosis. ..
- Blankstein A, Cohen I, Heim M, Diamant L, Salai M, Chechick A, et al. Ultrasonography as a diagnostic modality in Osgood-Schlatter disease. A clinical study and review of the literature. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2001;121:536-9 pubmed..This is only the first step, and further assessment of this classification is still required to elucidate its clinical as well as its prognostic value. ..
- Eldar Finkelman H. Glycogen synthase kinase 3: an emerging therapeutic target. Trends Mol Med. 2002;8:126-32 pubmed..Finally, selective inhibitors of GSK-3 could mimic the action of mood stabilizers such as lithium and valproic acid and be used in the treatment of bipolar mood disorders. ..
- Rosenthal T, Oparil S. The effect of antihypertensive drugs on the fetus. J Hum Hypertens. 2002;16:293-8 pubmed
- Conacci Sorrell M, Ben Yedidia T, Shtutman M, Feinstein E, Einat P, Ben Ze ev A. Nr-CAM is a target gene of the beta-catenin/LEF-1 pathway in melanoma and colon cancer and its expression enhances motility and confers tumorigenesis. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2058-72 pubmed..The results indicate that induction of Nr-CAM transcription by beta-catenin or plakoglobin plays a role in melanoma and colon cancer tumorigenesis, probably by promoting cell growth and motility. ..
- Lifshitz M, Sofer S, Gorodischer R. Hydrocarbon poisoning in children: a 5-year retrospective study. Wilderness Environ Med. 2003;14:78-82 pubmed
- Amit I, Yakir L, Katz M, Zwang Y, Marmor M, Citri A, et al. Tal, a Tsg101-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase, regulates receptor endocytosis and retrovirus budding. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1737-52 pubmed
- Zanin Zhorov A, Bruck R, Tal G, Oren S, Aeed H, Hershkoviz R, et al. Heat shock protein 60 inhibits Th1-mediated hepatitis model via innate regulation of Th1/Th2 transcription factors and cytokines. J Immunol. 2005;174:3227-36 pubmed..These results provide a molecular explanation for the effects of HSP60 treatment on T cell inflammation via innate regulation of the inflammatory response. ..
- Buznach N, Dagan R, Greenberg D. Clinical and bacterial characteristics of acute bacterial conjunctivitis in children in the antibiotic resistance era. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005;24:823-8 pubmed..The goals of the study were to identify the rates of Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Moraxella catarrhalis in cases of bacterial conjunctivitis in children and to define antibiotic resistance rates...
- Rosenfeld Y, Papo N, Shai Y. Endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide) neutralization by innate immunity host-defense peptides. Peptide properties and plausible modes of action. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1636-43 pubmed
- Peled R, Pilpel D, Bolotin A, Epstein L, Bibi H, Friger M. Young infants' morbidity and exposure to fine particles in a region with two power plants. Arch Environ Health. 2004;59:611-6 pubmed..The respiratory health of young children may be affected by 24 hr concentrations of PM2.5 < 60 microg/m3, the threshold proposed by both Israel and the United States. ..
- Reiner O, Coquelle F, Peter B, Levy T, Kaplan A, Sapir T, et al. The evolving doublecortin (DCX) superfamily. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:188 pubmed..The sub-specialization of some members due to restricted expression patterns and sequence divergence may explain the successful addition of genes to this family throughout evolution. ..
- Shenkman B, Budde U, Angerhaus D, Lubetsky A, Savion N, Seligsohn U, et al. ADAMTS-13 regulates platelet adhesion under flow. A new method for differentiation between inherited and acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Thromb Haemost. 2006;96:160-6 pubmed
- Sofer Y, Zmira S, Amir J. Brevundimonas vesicularis septic arthritis in an immunocompetent child. Eur J Pediatr. 2007;166:77-8 pubmed..Prompt treatment with cefuroxime resulted in a full recovery. This is the first report of septic arthritis in humans caused by this microorganism, and the first description of B. vesicularis infection in an immunocompetent child...
- Nassie D, Volkov A, Kronenberg J, Talmi Y. Pilomatrixoma of the ear helix. Isr Med Assoc J. 2007;9:763-4 pubmed
- Rotem Dai N, Oberkovitz G, Abu Ghanem S, Livneh E. PKCeta confers protection against apoptosis by inhibiting the pro-apoptotic JNK activity in MCF-7 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2616-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKCeta could represent a target for intervention aimed to reduce resistance to anti-cancer treatments. ..
- Nissim L, Bar Ziv R. A tunable dual-promoter integrator for targeting of cancer cells. Mol Syst Biol. 2010;6:444 pubmed publisher..The tunable digital-like response provides robustness, acts to remove input noise minimizing false-positive identification of cell states, and improves targeting precision and efficacy. ..
- Hadad B, Maurer D, Lewis T. Long trajectory for the development of sensitivity to global and biological motion. Dev Sci. 2011;14:1330-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the extrastriate mechanisms that integrate local motion cues over time and space take many years to mature. ..
- Gertner L, Henik A, Reznik D, Cohen Kadosh R. Implications of number-space synesthesia on the automaticity of numerical processing. Cortex. 2013;49:1352-62 pubmed publisher..The involvement of space in automatic magnitude processing for number-space synesthetes and non-synesthetes is discussed. ..
- Yinon Y, Haas J, Mazaki Tovi S, Lapidot N, Mazkereth R, Hourvitz A, et al. Should patients with documented fetal lung immaturity after 34 weeks of gestation be treated with steroids?. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012;207:222.e1-4 pubmed publisher..Antenatal steroid administration after 34 weeks of gestation is associated with improved neonatal outcome and should be considered when fetal lung immaturity is documented. ..
- Kremer I, Rietschel M, Dobrusin M, Mujaheed M, Murad I, Blanaru M, et al. No association between the dopamine D3 receptor Bal I polymorphism and schizophrenia in a family-based study of a Palestinian Arab population. Am J Med Genet. 2000;96:778-80 pubmed..38, P > 0.1, n = 86 families) for association/linkage (or increased homozygosity) of the DRD3 Bal I polymorphism to schizophrenia in our sample. Am. J. Med. Genet. (Neuropsychiatr. Genet.) 96:778-780, 2000. ..
- Shamay M, Barak O, Doitsh G, Ben Dor I, Shaul Y. Hepatitis B virus pX interacts with HBXAP, a PHD finger protein to coactivate transcription. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9982-8 pubmed..Collectively our data suggest that pX recruits and potentiates a novel putative transcription coactivator to regulate NF-kappaB. The implication of pX-HBXAP interaction in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma is discussed. ..
- Tian D, Litvak V, Toledo Rodriguez M, Carmon S, Lev S. Nir2, a novel regulator of cell morphogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2650-62 pubmed..These results implicate Nir2 as a novel regulator of the small GTPase Rho in actin cytoskeleton reorganization and cell morphogenesis. ..
- Sidi R, Levy Nissenbaum E, Kreiss Y, Kreiss I, Pras E. Clinical manifestations in Israeli cystinuria patients and molecular assessment of carrier rates in Libyan Jewish controls. Isr Med Assoc J. 2003;5:439-42 pubmed..Mutations in SLC3A1 cause type I disease, while mutations in SLC7A9 are associated with non-type I disease. In Israel, cystinuria is especially common among Libyan Jews who suffer from non-type I disease...
- Migirov L. Computed tomographic versus surgical findings in complicated acute otomastoiditis. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2003;112:675-7 pubmed..My experience showed that CT had a sensitivity of 97% and a positive predictive value of 94% in the diagnosis of complicated acute otomastoiditis...
- Atlas R, Behar L, Elliott E, Ginzburg I. The insulin-like growth factor mRNA binding-protein IMP-1 and the Ras-regulatory protein G3BP associate with tau mRNA and HuD protein in differentiated P19 neuronal cells. J Neurochem. 2004;89:613-26 pubmed..We also show an RNA-dependent association between G3BP-1 and HuD proteins. These associations are investigated in relation to the neuronal differentiation of P19 cells. ..
- Grossman Z, Paxinos E, Averbuch D, Maayan S, Parkin N, Engelhard D, et al. Mutation D30N is not preferentially selected by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype C in the development of resistance to nelfinavir. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:2159-65 pubmed
- Koren R, Rath Wolfson L, Ram E, Itzhac O, Schachter B, Klein B, et al. Prognostic value of Topoisomerase II in female breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2004;12:915-9 pubmed..05. A higher Topo II-alpha index indicates higher probability for recurrence of the disease and overall survival. Therefore, Topo II-alpha expression has a prognostic value in breast carcinoma. ..
- Weinstein D, Halevy A, Negri M, Levy N, Gelertner I, Ziv Y. [A prospective, randomized double-blind study on the treatment of anal fissures with Nitroglycerin ointment]. Harefuah. 2004;143:713-7, 767, 766 pubmed
- Kaplan I, Gal G, Anavi Y, Manor R, Calderon S. Glandular odontogenic cyst: treatment and recurrence. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005;63:435-41 pubmed..Marsupialization followed by second phase surgery is an option for lesions approaching vital structures. Follow-up should continue for at least 3 years (up to 7 years in cases with features associated with increased risk). ..
- Citri A, Yarden Y. EGF-ERBB signalling: towards the systems level. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2006;7:505-16 pubmed..Because network fragility is an inevitable trade-off of robustness, systems-level understanding is expected to generate therapeutic opportunities to intercept aberrant network activation. ..
- Klieger C, Dvir R, Even Sapir E, Lessing J, Burstein Y, Grisaru D. Integrated 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and computerized tomography in endodermal sinus tumor. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:1685-8 pubmed..Follow-up PET-CT was negative. EST is an FDG-avid tumor. PET-CT delineated the prechemotherapy tumor extent adequately ruled out the presence of residual tumor after a successful treatment...
- Scheinowitz M, Feinberg M, Laron Z. IGF-I replacement therapy in children with congenital IGF-I deficiency (Laron syndrome) maintains heart dimension and function. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2009;19:280-2 pubmed publisher..We assessed cardiac dimensions and function in very young patients with Laron syndrome (LS) undergoing IGF-I replacement therapy...
- Magal L, Yaffe Y, Shepshelovich J, Aranda J, de Marco M, Gaus K, et al. Clustering and lateral concentration of raft lipids by the MAL protein. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3751-62 pubmed publisher..These data place MAL as a key component in the organization of membrane domains that could potentially serve as membrane sorting platforms. ..
- Raveh Amit H, Maissel A, Poller J, Marom L, Elroy Stein O, Shapira M, et al. Translational control of protein kinase Ceta by two upstream open reading frames. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:6140-8 pubmed publisher..Our work further suggests that translational regulation could provide an additional level for controlling the expression of PKC family members, being more common than currently recognized. ..
- Segal N, Woldenberg I, Puterman M. Paranasal sinus complications caused by dental implants and complementary procedures. B-ENT. 2009;5:153-7 pubmed..Although the procedure is performed by dentists, dental implantations may also have a major impact on the paranasal sinuses. Complications may necessitate the knowledge and cooperation of both dentists and otolaryngologists. ..
- ..Thus, mechanistic clues to the enigma of trk-induced cell death have begun to emerge. Detailed elucidation of these mechanisms and their in vivo physiological significance will be of keen interest for future research...
- Ram E, Alper D, Atar E, Tsitman I, Dreznik Z. Stapled transanal rectal resection: a new surgical treatment for obstructed defecation syndrome. Isr Med Assoc J. 2010;12:74-7 pubmed..There were no cases of mortality or pelvic sepsis. STARR is an effective and safe procedure for the treatment of obstructed defecation syndrome due to rectal intussusception, rectocele and small rectal prolapse. ..
- Toker L, Amar S, Bersudsky Y, Benjamin J, Klein E. The biology of tryptophan depletion and mood disorders. Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci. 2010;47:46-55 pubmed..Acute tryptophan depletion as a predictive test for personalized antidepressant treatment is suggested. ..
- Issaeva I, Cohen A, Eden E, Cohen Saidon C, Danon T, Cohen L, et al. Generation of double-labeled reporter cell lines for studying co-dynamics of endogenous proteins in individual human cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13524 pubmed publisher..Thus, our approach provides an efficient tool for studying dynamic relationship between components of systems of interest at a single-cell level. ..
- Berkovich L, Sintov A, Ben Shabat S. Inhibition of cancer growth and induction of apoptosis by BGP-13 and BGP-15, new calcipotriene-derived vitamin D3 analogs, in-vitro and in-vivo studies. Invest New Drugs. 2013;31:247-55 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we found that both the new analog BGP-13 and also BGP-15, another calcipotriene-based analog we synthesized previously and about which we published recently, inhibit the growth of HT-29 tumor xenografts in nude mice. ..
- Beider K, Ribakovsky E, Abraham M, Wald H, Weiss L, Rosenberg E, et al. Targeting the CD20 and CXCR4 pathways in non-hodgkin lymphoma with rituximab and high-affinity CXCR4 antagonist BKT140. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:3495-507 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the possible role of CXCR4 in NHL progression and response to rituximab and provide the scientific basis for the development of novel CXCR4-targeted therapies for refractory NHL. ..
- Rosman Y, Grossman E, Keller N, Thaler M, Eviatar T, Hoffman C, et al. Nocardiosis: a 15-year experience in a tertiary medical center in Israel. Eur J Intern Med. 2013;24:552-7 pubmed publisher..One year mortality rate was 32%. Nocardiosis requires a high clinical index of suspicion in order to diagnose and treat promptly. Disease extent and bacterial susceptibility have important implications for prognosis and treatment. ..
- Raz Y, Miller Y. Interactions between A? and mutated Tau lead to polymorphism and induce aggregation of A?-mutated tau oligomeric complexes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73303 pubmed publisher..A? trimers alternating with mutated tau trimers constituted a structurally stable confined ?-structure, albeit one that was energetically less stable than all the other constructed models. ..
- Shilo S, Michaeli O, Shahar E, Ravid S. Long-term motor, cognitive and behavioral outcome of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2016;20:361-7 pubmed publisher..We suggest neuropsychological testing and long-term follow-up for all children with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, even in the absence of neurological deficits at discharge. ..
- Rimon Dahari N, Yerushalmi Heinemann L, Alyagor L, Dekel N. Ovarian Folliculogenesis. Results Probl Cell Differ. 2016;58:167-90 pubmed publisher..The remaining somatic cells in the raptured follicle will undergo terminal differentiation and form the corpus luteum, which secretes progesterone necessary to maintain pregnancy. ..
- Lev S, Yarden Y, Givol D. A recombinant ectodomain of the receptor for the stem cell factor (SCF) retains ligand-induced receptor dimerization and antagonizes SCF-stimulated cellular responses. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10866-73 pubmed..These results indicate that the recombinant ectodomain of the Kit-SCF receptor can be used as a specific antagonist of SCF actions and may enable detailed molecular analysis of ligand-receptor interactions. ..
- Shmueli O, Reiner O. Expression of chLIS1, a chicken homolog of LIS1. Dev Genes Evol. 2000;210:51-4 pubmed..Additionally, we describe the pattern of chLIS1 expression in the chicken embryo. The early embryonic expression is highly specific to the developing nervous system, whereas later the expression is more widespread. ..
- Segev O, Chumakov I, Nevo Z, Givol D, Madar Shapiro L, Sheinin Y, et al. Restrained chondrocyte proliferation and maturation with abnormal growth plate vascularization and ossification in human FGFR-3(G380R) transgenic mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:249-58 pubmed
- Shav Tal Y, Lee B, Bar Haim S, Vandekerckhove J, Zipori D. Enhanced proteolysis of pre-mRNA splicing factors in myeloid cells. Exp Hematol. 2000;28:1029-38 pubmed..Proteolytic degradation of PSF specifically occurs in intact myeloid cells and this process is enhanced upon myeloid cell lysis. ..
- Lapid Gortzak R, Lapid O, Monos T, Lifshitz T. CO2-laser in the removal of a plexiform neurofibroma from the eyelid. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers. 2000;31:432-4 pubmed..Using the CO2-laser achieves better cosmesis, while reducing operation time and limiting complications...
- Ashkenazi S. Shigella infections in children: new insights. Semin Pediatr Infect Dis. 2004;15:246-52 pubmed..The improved understanding of the pathophysiology is hoped to lead to innovative therapeutic approaches against shigellosis and new generations of vaccine candidates. ..
- Sperber A, Friger M, Shvartzman P, Abu Rabia M, Abu Rabia R, Abu Rashid M, et al. Rates of functional bowel disorders among Israeli Bedouins in rural areas compared with those who moved to permanent towns. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005;3:342-8 pubmed..Although these findings might be associated with the stressful social upheaval that they have undergone, further study is needed to substantiate this point. ..
- Levy J, Shneck M, Klemperer I, Lifshitz T. Treatment of subfoveal choroidal neovascularization secondary to choroidal nevus using photodynamic therapy. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2005;36:343-5 pubmed..Seven months after the last treatment, visual acuity remains stable. Photodynamic therapy with verteporfin could be an effective option for treating subfoveal choroidal neovascularization secondary to choroidal nevus. ..
- Marcus B, Lipozencic J, Matz H, Orion E, Wolf R. Herpes simplex: autoinoculation versus dissemination. Acta Dermatovenerol Croat. 2005;13:237-41 pubmed..Four cases of autoinoculation and two of KVE illustrate the differences between these two forms of viral spread...
- Piestun D, Kochupurakkal B, Jacob Hirsch J, Zeligson S, Koudritsky M, Domany E, et al. Nanog transforms NIH3T3 cells and targets cell-type restricted genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:279-85 pubmed..Some of these target genes can explain the transformation of NIH3T3. ..
- Sadetzki S, Chetrit A, Lubina A, Stovall M, Novikov I. Risk of thyroid cancer after childhood exposure to ionizing radiation for tinea capitis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:4798-804 pubmed..We examined the effect of low doses of ionizing radiation (4.5-49.5 cGy) on the risk of developing thyroid cancer after long latent periods of up to 54 yr after childhood exposure...
- Shaco Levy R, Sharabi S, Piura B, Sion Vardy N. MMP-2, TIMP-1, E-cadherin, and beta-catenin expression in endometrial serous carcinoma compared with low-grade endometrial endometrioid carcinoma and proliferative endometrium. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2008;87:868-74 pubmed publisher..To investigate the expression of MMP-2, TIMP-1, E-cadherin and beta-catenin in endometrial serous carcinoma (ESC), low-grade endometrial endometrioid carcinoma (EEC), and proliferative endometrium...
- Kirshtein B, Perry Z, Avinoach E, Mizrahi S, Lantsberg L. Safety of laparoscopic appendectomy during pregnancy. World J Surg. 2009;33:475-80 pubmed publisher..4 days versus 1.4 day after OA. There was one fetal loss in each group, 1 and 2 months after the operation. Laparoscopic appendectomy is safe and effective during pregnancy and is associated with good maternal and fetal outcome. ..
- Biderman A, Noff E, Harris S, Friedman N, Levy A. Treatment satisfaction of diabetic patients: what are the contributing factors?. Fam Pract. 2009;26:102-8 pubmed publisher..Addressing the specific needs of these patients might be effective in improving their satisfaction, thus having a positive influence on other clinical outcomes. ..
- Jotkowitz A, Glick S. Navigating the chasm between religious and secular perspectives in modern bioethics. J Med Ethics. 2009;35:357-60 pubmed publisher..The Israeli experience is a model of a country working to synthesise an ancient tradition with the complexities of modern life and could serve as an example for other countries struggling with similar issues. ..
- Melamed N, Yogev Y, Glezerman M. Fetal gender and pregnancy outcome. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2010;23:338-44 pubmed publisher..Although the added risk is relatively small, further investigation of the mechanisms underlying this association may contribute to our understanding of the pathophysiology of pregnancy complications such as preterm delivery and FGR. ..
- Amital A, Shitrit D, Adir Y. The lung in rheumatoid arthritis. Presse Med. 2011;40:e31-48 pubmed publisher..An overview of lung disease associated with RA is presented here with an emphasis on parenchymal lung disease, pleural effusion, and airway involvement. ..
- Lurie Weinberger M, Peeri M, Gophna U. Contribution of lateral gene transfer to the gene repertoire of a gut-adapted methanogen. Genomics. 2012;99:52-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, bacterial genes contributed to the host-adaptation by allowing a larger variety of surface structures and increasing the efficiency of metal ion uptake in the competitive gut niche...
- Solomon H, Buganim Y, Kogan Sakin I, Pomeraniec L, Assia Y, Madar S, et al. Various p53 mutant proteins differently regulate the Ras circuit to induce a cancer-related gene signature. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3144-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings were further corroborated in human tumor-derived cell lines expressing Ras and the aforementioned mutated p53 proteins. These data might assist in future tailor-made therapy targeting the mutant p53-Ras axis in cancer. ..
- Mor M, Beharier O, Levy S, Kahn J, Dror S, Blumenthal D, et al. ZnT-1 enhances the activity and surface expression of T-type calcium channels through activation of Ras-ERK signaling. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;303:C192-203 pubmed publisher..1 and CaV3.2 through activation of Ras-ERK signaling. The augmentation of CaV3.1 currents by Ras-ERK activation is associated with enhanced trafficking of the channel to the plasma membrane. ..
- Hunter K, Palermo C, Kester J, Simpson K, Li J, Tang L, et al. Heparanase promotes lymphangiogenesis and tumor invasion in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Oncogene. 2014;33:1799-808 pubmed publisher..Together, these data identify important roles for heparanase in regulating several critical aspects of tumorigenesis, demonstrating that heparanase represents a potential therapeutic target for PanNET patients. ..
- Vaks L, Benhar I. Production of stabilized scFv antibody fragments in the E. coli bacterial cytoplasm. Methods Mol Biol. 2014;1060:171-84 pubmed publisher..coli utilizing two expression systems: pMalc-TNN and pMalc-NHNN. Although the MBP tag does not disrupt the most of antibody activities, the MBP-TNN-scFv product can be cleaved by TEV protease in order to obtain untagged scFv. ..
- Lubarski I, Asher C, Garty H. Modulation of cell polarization by the Na+-K+-ATPase-associated protein FXYD5 (dysadherin). Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;306:C1080-8 pubmed publisher..These findings lend support to the possibility that FXYD5 affects cell polarization through its transmembrane domain interaction with the Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase. Yet interaction of FXYD5 with other proteins cannot be excluded. ..
- Naimer S, Zega K, Silverman W. Anatomy of the cutaneous surface of the male genitalia, with elaboration upon the inner preputial coronal-shaft junction. J Pediatr Urol. 2016;12:53.e1-5 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study correct a misunderstanding in the anatomy of the prepuce. ..
- Avni T, Bieber A, Green H, Steinmetz T, Leibovici L, Paul M. Diagnostic Accuracy of PCR Alone and Compared to Urinary Antigen Testing for Detection of Legionella spp.: a Systematic Review. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:401-11 pubmed publisher..Results were independent on the covariate tested. PCR in respiratory samples should be regarded as a valid tool for the diagnosis of LD. ..
- Lahat E, Nevler A, Batumsky M, Shapiro R, Zmora O, Gutman M. Diagnosis and management of splenic injury following colonoscopy: algorithm and case series. Tech Coloproctol. 2016;20:163-9 pubmed publisher..Patients may present with a rapid clinical deterioration and hemodynamic instability. Physicians should be familiar with the practical management of this surgical emergency and the treatment options available. ..
- Schreiber G. The molecular basis for differential type I interferon signaling. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:7285-7294 pubmed publisher..In this review, I summarize the current knowledge on the mode of activation and processing that is initiated by IFN-1, in perspective of the resulting phenotypes. ..
- Tovy A, Spiro A, McCarthy R, Shipony Z, Aylon Y, Allton K, et al. p53 is essential for DNA methylation homeostasis in naïve embryonic stem cells, and its loss promotes clonal heterogeneity. Genes Dev. 2017;31:959-972 pubmed publisher..Hence, p53 helps maintain DNA methylation homeostasis and clonal homogeneity, a function that may contribute to its tumor suppressor activity. ..
- Rapaport D, Lederfein D, den Dunnen J, Grootscholten P, van Ommen G, Fuchs O, et al. Characterization and cell type distribution of a novel, major transcript of the Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene. Differentiation. 1992;49:187-93 pubmed..The expression of the 6.5 kb mRNA is down-regulated during differentiation of myogenic cells; it is present in small amounts in proliferating myoblasts but is undetected in differentiated muscle cultures depleted of mononucleated cells...
- Blank M, Cohen J, Toder V, Shoenfeld Y. Induction of anti-phospholipid syndrome in naive mice with mouse lupus monoclonal and human polyclonal anti-cardiolipin antibodies. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:3069-73 pubmed..We conclude that the aCL antibodies may have direct effects on fecundity and on the outcome of pregnancy. ..
- Itzhaky D, Raz N, Hollander N. The glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored form and the transmembrane form of CD58 associate with protein kinases. J Immunol. 1998;160:4361-6 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggest that the capacity of GPI-anchored proteins to interact with kinases is not always dependent on the GPI anchor itself. ..
- Erez N, Stambolsky P, Shats I, Milyavsky M, Kachko T, Rotter V. Hypoxia-dependent regulation of PHD1: cloning and characterization of the human PHD1/EGLN2 gene promoter. FEBS Lett. 2004;567:311-5 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest a hypoxia-induced regulatory loop of PHD1 expression, mediated by ARNT. ..
- Agranovich S, Rachinsky I, Pak I, Benkovich E, Lantsberg S. The usefulness of Tc-99m-HMPAO-labeled leukocyte scintigraphy in the diagnosis of multiple intra-abdominal abscesses following in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2004;116:103-5 pubmed..This imaging technique should be recommended for early and precise diagnosis of pelvic infection following IVF...
- Pelled D, Trajkovic Bodennec S, Lloyd Evans E, Sidransky E, Schiffmann R, Futerman A. Enhanced calcium release in the acute neuronopathic form of Gaucher disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2005;18:83-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that defective calcium homeostasis may be a mechanism responsible for neuropathophysiology in acute neuronopathic Gaucher disease, and may potentially offer new therapeutic approaches for disease management. ..
- Spierer A, Ben Simon G. Unilateral and bilateral lateral rectus recession in exotropia. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2005;36:114-7 pubmed..There was no incomitance in group 1. Unilateral lateral rectus recession is an effective surgical method for correcting moderate-angle exotropia with results similar to bilateral lateral rectus recession for larger exotropia angles. ..
- Maissel A, Marom M, Shtutman M, Shahaf G, Livneh E. PKCeta is localized in the Golgi, ER and nuclear envelope and translocates to the nuclear envelope upon PMA activation and serum-starvation: C1b domain and the pseudosubstrate containing fragment target PKCeta to the Golgi and the nuclear envelope. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1127-39 pubmed
- Golan M. Parents as agents of change in childhood obesity--from research to practice. Int J Pediatr Obes. 2006;1:66-76 pubmed..01) and with less weight loss (p < 0.05). Omitting the obese child from direct intervention and targeting parents only is a cost-effective approach with integrated messages for the management of weight-related problems. ..
- Peretti D, Dahan N, Shimoni E, Hirschberg K, Lev S. Coordinated lipid transfer between the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi complex requires the VAP proteins and is essential for Golgi-mediated transport. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3871-84 pubmed publisher..We propose that Nir2, OSBP, and CERT function coordinately at the ER-Golgi membrane contact sites, thereby affecting the lipid composition of the Golgi membranes and consequently their structural and functional identities. ..
- Ben Nathan D, Gershoni Yahalom O, Samina I, Khinich Y, Nur I, Laub O, et al. Using high titer West Nile intravenous immunoglobulin from selected Israeli donors for treatment of West Nile virus infection. BMC Infect Dis. 2009;9:18 pubmed publisher..2 or 1.0 mg WNIG 4 h after virus infection, led to 100% survival. IVIG produced from selected plasma donated in WNV endemic regions can be used to produce WNV IVIG with superior activity for therapeutic and prophylactic measures. ..
- Shiryaev N, Jouroukhin Y, Giladi E, Polyzoidou E, Grigoriadis N, Rosenmann H, et al. NAP protects memory, increases soluble tau and reduces tau hyperphosphorylation in a tauopathy model. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;34:381-8 pubmed publisher..The current studies show for the first time activity for NAP in a "pure" tauopathy model, positioning it as a promising drug candidate in multiple neurodegenerative tauopathies. ..
- Stav D, Raz M, Shpirer I. Three years of pulmonary rehabilitation: inhibit the decline in airflow obstruction, improves exercise endurance time, and body-mass index, in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. BMC Pulm Med. 2009;9:26 pubmed publisher..05). Three years of outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation resulted in modifying the disease progression of COPD, as well as improving physical performance in these patients. ..
- Milo R, Jorgensen P, Moran U, Weber G, Springer M. BioNumbers--the database of key numbers in molecular and cell biology. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:D750-3 pubmed publisher..All new entries and commentary are curated to maintain high quality. Here we describe the database characteristics and implementation, demonstrate its use, and discuss future directions for its development. ..