Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in India
Publications862 found, 100 shown here
- Pandey D, Jaret P, Sharma R, Sharma A, Thakur S. Subcutaneous emphysema secondary to pulmonary cavity in absence of pneumothorax or pneumomediastinum. Respir Med. 2007;101:363-5 pubmed..We report a case of spontaneous subcutaneous emphysema in isolation secondary to fibrocavitatory lesion in the chest along with review of the literature...
- Chakraborty K, Bose A, Pal S, Sarkar K, Goswami S, Ghosh D, et al. Neem leaf glycoprotein restores the impaired chemotactic activity of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients by maintaining CXCR3/CXCL10 balance. Int Immunopharmacol. 2008;8:330-40 pubmed publisher..Efficacy of NLGP in restoration of the dysregulation of the chemokine signaling may be utilized to design new immunotherapeutic protocol...
- Thakur G, Mitra A, Pal K, Rousseau D. Effect of flaxseed gum on reduction of blood glucose and cholesterol in type 2 diabetic patients. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2009;60 Suppl 6:126-36 pubmed..03). Results showed a decrease in low-density lipoprotein cholesterol from 110 ± 8 mg/dl to 92 ± 9 mg/dl (P=0.02). The study demonstrated the efficacy of flax gum in the blood biochemistry profiles of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Manna U, Bharani S, Patil S. Layer-by-layer self-assembly of modified hyaluronic acid/chitosan based on hydrogen bonding. Biomacromolecules. 2009;10:2632-9 pubmed publisher..Cell viability of modified polymers using MTT assay confirmed no cytotoxic effect. ..
- Giridhara Upadhyaya P, Ravikumar K, Umapathy B. Review of virulence factors of enterococcus: an emerging nosocomial pathogen. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2009;27:301-5 pubmed publisher..This review addresses the genomic arrangement and the study of virulence factors that have occurred since the sequencing of the genome. ..
- Prabhakaran V, Babu K, Mahadevan A, Murthy S. Amyloidosis of lacrimal gland. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2009;57:461-3 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report of lacrimal gland amyloidosis from India and our report also highlights the importance of lacrimal gland biopsy in diagnosing lacrimal gland masses...
- Waghmare A, Kumar C, Thirthalli J. Suxamethonium induced prolonged apnea in a patient receiving electroconvulsive therapy. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2010;32:447.e1-2 pubmed publisher..Prolonged apnea in our case ensued because the information about suicidal attempt by OP compound was concealed from the treating team...
- Goswami D, Chaudhuri K, Mukherjee J. A new two-pulse synthesis model for digital volume pulse signal analysis. Cardiovasc Eng. 2010;10:109-17 pubmed publisher..A new parameter, viz. differential pulse spread (DPS) has also been introduced for DVP signals using the model. The differential pulse spread provides a new dimension to estimate the process of arterial degeneration. ..
- Gosla Reddy S, Nagy K, Mommaerts M, Reddy R, Bronkhorst E, Prasad R, et al. Primary septoplasty in the repair of unilateral complete cleft lip and palate. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;127:761-7 pubmed publisher..For nostril width, no difference was found (p = 0.850). Patients treated with primary septoplasty showed better results in terms of nasal symmetry when analyzed using two-dimensional photographic analyses. ..
- Rawat M, Vijay S, Gupta Y, Dixit R, Tiwari P, Sharma A. Sequence homology and structural analysis of plasmepsin 4 isolated from Indian Plasmodium vivax isolates. Infect Genet Evol. 2011;11:924-33 pubmed publisher..vivax plasmepsins (PvPMs) from different geographical regions are of utmost importance for drugs and vaccine designs for anti-malarial strategies. ..
- Kaushik S, Sowdhamini R. Structural analysis of prolyl oligopeptidases using molecular docking and dynamics: insights into conformational changes and ligand binding. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26251 pubmed publisher..This study can help us in better understanding of the etiology of POPs in several neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Raveenthiran V. Spontaneous perforation of the colon and rectum complicating anorectal malformations in neonates. J Pediatr Surg. 2012;47:720-6 pubmed publisher..Treatment options are chosen according to the subtype of perforation. Because most perforations occurred more than 24 hours after birth, early referral and surgical decompression of the colon may avoid this complication. ..
- Lavanya K, Jaiswal A, Reddy P, Murki S. Predictors of significant jaundice in late preterm infants. Indian Pediatr. 2012;49:717-20 pubmed..There is a high incidence of significant jaundice in late preterm infants. TcB measured at 24-48 hrs of life better predicts significant jaundice after 48 hours of life, in comparison with clinical risk factors. ..
- Setti A, Sankati H, Devi T, Sekhar A, Rao J, Pawar S. Structural insights into the extra cellular segment of integrin?5 and molecular interaction studies. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2013;33:319-24 pubmed publisher..The predicted model is conceived to be stereo chemically good and can be used for molecular interaction studies of angiogenic inhibitors. ..
- Pradhan S, Rather M, Tiwari A, Bhat V, Kumar A. Evidence that TSC2 acts as a transcription factor and binds to and represses the promoter of Epiregulin. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:6243-55 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence for the role of TSC2 as a transcription factor and of TSC2 binding to the promoter of any gene. ..
- Potu B, Kumar V, Annam S, Sirasanagandla S. A morphometric study on flexor carpi radialis muscle of the forearm: A cadaveric study. Morphologie. 2016;100:12-6 pubmed publisher..Morphometric data of FCR reported increases the existing knowledge on the heterogeneity of FCR morphology, and further forms an anatomic basis while designing/elevating the graft in certain surgical procedures in hand and wrist regions. ..
- Hosuru Subramanya S, Thapa S, Dwedi S, Gokhale S, Sathian B, Nayak N, et al. Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus species colonization in health care workers: the launch of invasive infections?. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:66 pubmed publisher..3Â %) followed by interns (64.9Â %), least being amongst the laboratory workers (58.3Â %). The higher rate of colonization amongst HCW raises the possibility of occupational risk as well as horizontal spread of infections. ..
- Kalra S, Gupta Y. A patient centred approach to basal insulin choice for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Pak Med Assoc. 2016;66:360-1 pubmed
- Mohapatra S, Ramachandran D, Mantri C, Singh D. Characterization of the genetic background of Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor serotype Inaba strains isolated in Trivandrum, southern India. J Med Microbiol. 2007;56:260-5 pubmed..Ribotyping of these Inaba isolates revealed a hybridization profile similar to a strain of serotype Ogawa prevalent in southern India...
- Shukla V, Shukla D, Tiwary S, Agrawal S, Rastogi A. Evaluation of pH measurement as a method of wound assessment. J Wound Care. 2007;16:291-4 pubmed..Wound pH measurements can be performed efficiently and are non-invasive, causing no discomfort to the patient. As the wounds healed, the pH reduced. This change in pH can help predict the likelihood of wound healing. ..
- Rama Rao G, Krishna Rao P, Gopal K, Kumar Y, Ramachandra B. Forehead plaque: a cutaneous marker of CNS involvement in tuberous sclerosis. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2008;74:28-31 pubmed..Therefore, forehead plaque may be considered as a novel cutaneous marker to know the CNS involvement in TSC at an early stage. ..
- Dhar V, Bhatnagar M. Dental caries and treatment needs of children (6-10 years) in rural Udaipur, Rajasthan. Indian J Dent Res. 2009;20:256-60 pubmed publisher..07% children needed dental treatment. The highest need was of one surface filling (85.73%) followed by sealant (51.20%). Dental caries showed to be a significant health issue in the rural population requiring immediate attention. ..
- Dhanasekaran S, Doherty T, Kenneth J. Comparison of different standards for real-time PCR-based absolute quantification. J Immunol Methods. 2010;354:34-9 pubmed publisher..Standard quality and stability should be routinely tested for assays using qPCR. ..
- Goyal A, Tyagi I, Jain S, Syal R, Singh A, Kapila R. Transconjunctival incision for total maxillectomy--an alternative for subciliary incision. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011;49:442-6 pubmed publisher..There are few complications associated with the lower lid, and it has good cosmetic results; if it is combined with a sublabial incision in suitable patients, the maxillectomy is virtually scar-free...
- Thenmozhi R, Balaji K, Kumar R, Rao T, Pandian S. Characterization of biofilms in different clinical M serotypes of Streptococcus pyogenes. J Basic Microbiol. 2011;51:196-204 pubmed publisher..We also noticed that biofilm formation in S. pyogenes is independent of sil gene. ..
- Pradhan A, Kuila N, Singh S, Chakraborty S. EVI1 up-regulates the stress responsive gene SIRT1 which triggers deacetylation and degradation of EVI1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1809:269-75 pubmed publisher..Our results thus identify an EVI1-SIRT1 axis in the regulation of EVI1 activity suggesting a possible role of SIRT1 in EVI1 positive neoplasms. ..
- Chaudhary A, Pandya S, Mehrotra R, Singh M, Singh M. Role of functional polymorphism of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (-1306 C/T and -168 G/T) and MMP-9 (-1562 C/T) promoter in oral submucous fibrosis and head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in an Indian population. Biomarkers. 2011;16:577-86 pubmed publisher..We concluded that SNPs in the MMP-2 and -9 promoter region may be associated with susceptibility to HNSCC not in OSMF. ..
- Sachdeva M, Varma N, Rana K, Varma S. Philadelphia chromosome detection in chronic myeloid leukemia: utility of phytohemagglutinin-stimulated peripheral blood culture. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2012;55:196-201 pubmed publisher..Addition of PHA-stimulated 72-h peripheral blood culture preparation can be of use for increasing the diagnostic yield in cases of CML with suboptimal results on conventional cytogenetics from bone marrow aspirate sample. ..
- Hanji A, Rohan V, Patel J, Tankshali R. Pheochromocytoma of the urinary bladder: a rare cause of severe hypertension. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2012;23:813-6 pubmed publisher..Detailed investigations revealed a pheochromocytoma of the urinary bladder, which was treated with partial cystectomy, following which her blood pressure stabilized...
- Kuriyan R, Thankachan P, Selvam S, Pauline M, Srinivasan K, Kamath Jha S, et al. The effects of regular consumption of a multiple micronutrient fortified milk beverage on the micronutrient status of school children and on their mental and physical performance. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:190-8 pubmed publisher..It also reduced anemia and the risk of deficiencies of iron, and B12, in apparently healthy children. ClinicalTrials.gov IdentifierNCT01415557. Clinical Trial RegistryIndia - REF/2012/12/004332. ..
- Hani U, Osmani R, Bhosale R, Shivakumar H, Kulkarni P. Current Perspectives on Novel Drug Delivery Systems and Approaches for Management of Cervical Cancer: A Comprehensive Review. Curr Drug Targets. 2016;17:337-52 pubmed..The present review encloses existing diverse delivery systems and approaches intended for treatment of cervical cancer. ..
- Khatri S, Samuel S, Acharya S, Patil S, Madan K. Retention of Moisture-tolerant and Conventional Resin-based Sealant in Six- to Nine-year-old Children. Pediatr Dent. 2015;37:366-70 pubmed..Embrace WetBond can be preferred over conventional resin-based sealants for community and outreach sealant programs where use of rubber dam for moisture control is difficult to practice. ..
- Thirupathi A, Elango T, Subramanian S, Gnanaraj P. Methotrexate regulates Th-1 response by suppressing caspase-1 and cytokines in psoriasis patients. Clin Chim Acta. 2016;453:164-9 pubmed publisher..001) after MTX treatment. Decreasing inflammatory caspase and proinflammatory cytokines by MTX, inhibits the Th1 response in psoriasis. This shows the therapeutic effect of MTX in controlling the immunopathogenesis of psoriasis. ..
- Agashe D. The road not taken: Could stress-specific mutations lead to different evolutionary paths?. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2002862 pubmed publisher..Their results suggest the potential for specific stresses to shape evolutionary dynamics and highlight the necessity for explicit tests of the long-term evolutionary impacts of SIM. ..
- Babu B, Nayak A, Rath K, Kerketta A. Use of the Dermatology Life Quality Index in filarial lymphoedema patients. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2006;100:258-63 pubmed..Although the DLQI measures the quality of life due to lymphoedema, this study further warrants development of a good quality-of-life index for lymphoedema patients. ..
- Pruthi N, Devi B, Shivshankar J, Pandey P. Abscess-a rare fourth ventricular mass. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2007;149:1179-81; discussion 1181 pubmed..The possible pathogenesis is discussed. ..
- Chakraborty S, Mohiyuddin S, Gopinath K, Kumar A. Involvement of TSC genes and differential expression of other members of the mTOR signaling pathway in oral squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:163 pubmed publisher..LOH and promoter methylation are two important mechanisms for downregulation of TSC genes. We suggest that known inhibitors of this pathway could be evaluated for the treatment of OSCC. ..
- Dhangadamajhi G, Kar S, Ranjit M. High prevalence and gender bias in distribution of Plasmodium malariae infection in central east-coast India. Trop Biomed. 2009;26:326-33 pubmed..malariae than previously suspected and this may be seasonal. A study of the bionomics of vector(s) responsible for P. malariae transmission in Orissa is needed to provide information for the control of malaria in the state...
- Biswas S, Bose K. Sex differences in the effect of birth order and parents' educational status on stunting: a study on Bengalee preschool children from eastern India. Homo. 2010;61:271-6 pubmed publisher..Sex discrimination could be a likely cause for this sex difference in the impact of BO and parents' educational status. ..
- Raj R, Mongia P, Kumar Sahu S, Ram A. Nanocarriers Based Anticancer Drugs: Current Scenario and Future Perceptions. Curr Drug Targets. 2016;17:206-28 pubmed..This review is focused on currently available information regarding pharmaceutical nanocarriers for cancer therapy and imaging. ..
- Nath S, Somyajit K, Mishra A, Scully R, Nagaraju G. FANCJ helicase controls the balance between short- and long-tract gene conversions between sister chromatids. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8886-8900 pubmed publisher..These data unravel the novel function of FANCJ helicase in regulating SCR and SCR associated gene amplification/duplications and imply that these functions of FANCJ are crucial for the genome maintenance and tumor suppression. ..
- Nalini A, Yamini B, Gayatri N, Thennarasu K, Gope R. Familial Madras motor neuron disease (FMMND): study of 15 families from southern India. J Neurol Sci. 2006;250:140-6 pubmed..6+/-74.0 months. Notably, the occurrence of MMNDV in the familial group (15 of 25 patients) was significantly more as compared to occurrence in the group with sporadic MMND (SMMND) [12 of 79 patients] (p=0.0002). ..
- Wani S, Ahmad F, Zargar S, Dar Z, Dar P, Tak H, et al. Soil-transmitted helminths in relation to hemoglobin status among school children of the Kashmir Valley. J Parasitol. 2008;94:591-3 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals that STHs are abundant among school children of Kashmir Valley, creating a negative effect on the hemoglobin values and indicating the necessity of implementing control measures. ..
- Shayeda -, Gannu R, Palem C, Rao Y. Development of novel bioadhesive buccal formulation of diltiazem: in vitro and in vivo characterization. PDA J Pharm Sci Technol. 2009;63:401-8 pubmed..05) when the drug was given by the buccal route compared to that of oral tablet. The results indicate that suitable bioadhesive buccal tablets with improved bioavailability could be prepared. ..
- Sreekanthreddy P, Srinivasan H, Kumar D, Nijaguna M, Sridevi S, Vrinda M, et al. Identification of potential serum biomarkers of glioblastoma: serum osteopontin levels correlate with poor prognosis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010;19:1409-22 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to identify serum biomarkers with classification and prognosis utility for astrocytoma, in particular glioblastoma (GBM)...
- Veerareddy P, Vemula S. Formulation, evaluation and pharmacokinetics of colon targeted pulsatile system of flurbiprofen. J Drug Target. 2012;20:703-14 pubmed publisher..Development of pulsatile release compression coated tablets using combination of time dependent and pH sensitive approaches was suitable to target the flurbiprofen to colon. ..
- Chitrathara K, Namratha D, Francis V, Gangadharan V. Spontaneous rectovaginal fistula and repair using bulbocavernosus muscle flap. Tech Coloproctol. 2001;5:47-9 pubmed..Both occurred in bedridden patients with fecal impaction. One patient was successfully repaired with a bulbocavernosus (BC) flap interposition. Flap interposition prevents vaginal stenosis in repair of multiple RVF. ..
- Bhaskaranand K, Navadgi B. Glomus tumour of the hand. J Hand Surg Br. 2002;27:229-31 pubmed..We used a double-tourniquet technique during dissection and excision of the tumour. None of our patients experienced recurrence of symptoms during the post-operative follow up. ..
- Nagpal J, Das B. Identification of differentially expressed genes in tobacco chewing-mediated oral cancer by differential display-polymerase chain reaction. Eur J Clin Invest. 2007;37:658-64 pubmed..We conclude that there is an enormous significance of these differentially expressed cDNA in oral cancer progression as they can serve as cancer markers to be used for diagnosis and therapeutic intervention. ..
- Bhat V, Kamath G. Age estimation from root development of mandibular third molars in comparison with skeletal age of wrist joint. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2007;28:238-41 pubmed..Depending on the exact stage of root development as seen in the radiograph, the chronologic age was determined. This method sheds a new light on determining the ages of 15, 16, and 18 years, which has an immense medicolegal bearing. ..
- Bhatti S. Description of surgical technique: the Bhatti modification for small-incision cataract surgery of the Akahoshi prechop technique. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2009;57:31-3 pubmed..The technique ("prechopping") described by Akahoshi has been modified so that it is safe, predictable, and easy to use in MSICS. ..
- Belsare P, Watve M, Ghaskadbi S, Bhat D, Yajnik C, Jog M. Metabolic syndrome: aggression control mechanisms gone out of control. Med Hypotheses. 2010;74:578-89 pubmed publisher..Preliminary trials of behavioural intervention indicate that games and exercises involving physical aggression reduce systemic inflammation and improve glycemic control. ..
- Khuroo M, Khuroo M, Khuroo N. Trichuris dysentery syndrome: a common cause of chronic iron deficiency anemia in adults in an endemic area (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc. 2010;71:200-4 pubmed publisher..Similar studies in other endemic areas are lacking. TDS should be considered in all patients in endemic areas with chronic iron deficiency anemia and/or occult blood loss. ..
- Santosh V, Arivazhagan A, Sreekanthreddy P, Srinivasan H, Thota B, Srividya M, et al. Grade-specific expression of insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins-2, -3, and -5 in astrocytomas: IGFBP-3 emerges as a strong predictor of survival in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010;19:1399-408 pubmed publisher..The strong correlation between their mRNA and protein expression patterns suggests their role in the pathogenesis of these tumors. IGFBP isoforms have emerged as biomarkers with diagnostic and prognostic utility in astrocytomas. ..
- Shahid M, Dhillon V, Khalil H, Sexana A, Husain S. Associations of Y-chromosome subdeletion gr/gr with the prevalence of Y-chromosome haplogroups in infertile patients. Eur J Hum Genet. 2011;19:23-9 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence of association between the occurrence of subdeletions and male infertility as well as the severity of the spermatogenic failure. ..
- Reddy B, Prasad G, Raghavendra K. In silico analysis of glutathione S-transferase supergene family revealed hitherto unreported insect specific ?- and ?-GSTs and mammalian specific ?-GSTs in Ixodes scapularis (Acari: Ixodidae). Comput Biol Chem. 2011;35:114-20 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, these findings may provide an in-depth understanding of the complex evolution of GST supergene family, one of the oldest supergene families that exist in all the domains of life. ..
- Allam U, Krishna M, Sen M, Thomas R, Lahiri A, Gnanadhas D, et al. Acidic pH induced STM1485 gene is essential for intracellular replication of Salmonella. Virulence. 2012;3:122-35 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we conclude that the acidic pH induced STM1485 gene is essential for intracellular replication of Salmonella. ..
- Qazi A, Hussain A, Hamid A, Qurishi Y, Majeed R, Ahmad M, et al. Recent development in targeting PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling for anticancer therapeutic strategies. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2013;13:1552-64 pubmed
- Rani C, Khan I. UDP-GlcNAc pathway: Potential target for inhibitor discovery against M. tuberculosis. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;83:62-70 pubmed publisher..It also gives an insight into the present knowledge about the inhibitors reported against the enzymes, which could be further used as chemical scaffold for the discovery of more potent anti-TB compounds. ..
- Dey B, Sekhar G. Hydrodynamics and convection enhanced macromolecular fluid transport in soft biological tissues: Application to solid tumor. J Theor Biol. 2016;395:62-86 pubmed publisher..The present study also shows that the effectiveness factor corresponding to a first order nutrient metabolism may reach beyond unity if the strength of the distributive solute source assumes positive non-zero values. ..
- Gopala Krishna P, Paduvarahalli Ananthaswamy P, Yadavalli T, Bhangi Mutta N, Sannaiah A, Shivanna Y. ZnO nanopellets have selective anticancer activity. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:919-26 pubmed publisher..MTT assay revealed the anticancer activity of ZNPs against prostate and breast cancer cell lines. Acute toxicity tests on Swiss albino mice showed no evident toxicity over a 14 days period. ..
- Sharma A, Yerra V, Kumar A. Emerging role of Hippo signalling in pancreatic biology: YAP re-expression and plausible link to islet cell apoptosis and replication. Biochimie. 2017;133:56-65 pubmed publisher..This approach may be of immense significance towards our fight against diabetes; thus, more insightful research is warranted in the area of Hippo signalling pathway and its involvement in pancreatic regeneration. ..
- Baskaran B, Muthukumarasamy A, Chidambaram S, Sugumaran A, Ramachandran K, Rasu Manimuthu T. Cytotoxic potentials of biologically fabricated platinum nanoparticles from Streptomyces sp. on MCF-7 breast cancer cells. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2017;11:241-246 pubmed publisher..2?µg/ml against Michigan Cancer Foundation-7 breast cancer cells. ..
- Rajan S, Radhakrishnan J, Rajamanickam C. Direct injection and expression in vivo of full-length cDNA of the cardiac isoform of alpha-2 macroglobulin induces cardiac hypertrophy in the rat heart. Basic Res Cardiol. 2003;98:39-49 pubmed
- Amarapurkar D, Patel N, Amarapurkar A. Primary gastric tuberculosis--report of 5 cases. BMC Gastroenterol. 2003;3:6 pubmed..Gastric tuberculosis is rare, and usually associated with pulmonary tuberculosis or an immunodeficient state. Here, we report five cases of gastric tuberculosis in immunocompetent patients without evidence of pulmonary involvement...
- Kumar A, Babu M, Raghunath A, Venkatesh C. Genetic analysis of a five generation Indian family with BPES: a novel missense mutation (p.Y215C). Mol Vis. 2004;10:445-9 pubmed..The purpose of the present study was to carry out genetic analysis of BPES in a five-generation Indian family...
- Alluri R, Mohan V, Komandur S, Chawda K, Chaudhuri J, Hasan Q. MTHFR C677T gene mutation as a risk factor for arterial stroke: a hospital based study. Eur J Neurol. 2005;12:40-4 pubmed..29 (95% CI 4.89-98.8). This indicates that C677T MTHFR mutation is strongly associated with arterial stroke especially in young adults. MTHFR allele evaluation will help in preventing/reducing morbidity caused by stroke. ..
- Kulkarni M, Deshmukh S, Kumar A, Kulkarni P. Branchio-oculo-facial syndrome. Indian J Pediatr. 2005;72:701-3 pubmed..We report three members of one family, showing great variability in its phenotypic expression and review the recent literature. ..
- Harish K, Raju S, Nagaraj H. Recurrent renal cell carcinoma presenting as gastrointestinal bleed. A case report. Minerva Urol Nefrol. 2006;58:87-90 pubmed..High index of suspicion and long term follow-up are required. Aggressive surgical management for recurrence of renal cell carcinoma is warranted as good prognosis could be expected in the absence of metastasis. ..
- V V, K V, Paul S, P V. Genetic variation of GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genes in a South Indian population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2006;7:325-8 pubmed..A better understanding of carcinogen metabolizing gene distribution should contribute to risk assessment of humans exposed to environmental carcinogens. ..
- Agarwal K, Agarwal D, Sharma A, Sharma K, Prasad K, Kalita M, et al. Prevalence of anaemia in pregnant & lactating women in India. Indian J Med Res. 2006;124:173-84 pubmed
- Shobha K, Vijayalakshmi K, Alladi P, Nalini A, Sathyaprabha T, Raju T. Altered in-vitro and in-vivo expression of glial glutamate transporter-1 following exposure to cerebrospinal fluid of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients. J Neurol Sci. 2007;254:9-16 pubmed..This could lead to an increased level of glutamate in the synaptic pool causing excitotoxicity to motor neurons, possibly by triggering the 'glutamate-mediated toxicity-pathway'. ..
- Devan P, Bani S, Suri K, Satti N, Qazi G. Immunomodulation exhibited by piperinic acid through suppression of proinflammatory cytokines. Int Immunopharmacol. 2007;7:889-99 pubmed..In parallel, induced nitric oxide production was also reduced by stimulated macrophages. Our observations rationalize the traditional use of PL and also validate the immunoregulatory potential of piperinic acid. ..
- Livera M, Priya B, Ramesh A, Suman Rao P, Srilakshmi V, Nagapoornima M, et al. Spectral analysis of noise in the neonatal intensive care unit. Indian J Pediatr. 2008;75:217-22 pubmed..Spectral analysis of equipment and activity noise have shown noise predominantly in the 1 - 8 KHz spectrum. These levels warrant immediate implementation of noise reduction protocols as a standard of care in the NICU. ..
- Satyanarayana V, Chandra P. Should mental health assessments be integral to domestic violence research?. Indian J Med Ethics. 2009;6:15-8 pubmed..Based on findings from ongoing research on violence and from review of other studies done in India, the paper will focus on best practices in addressing mental health issues in domestic violence research. ..
- Sankaranarayani R, Nalini A, Rao Laxmi T, Raju T. Altered neuronal activities in the motor cortex with impaired motor performance in adult rats observed after infusion of cerebrospinal fluid from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients. Behav Brain Res. 2010;206:109-19 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we have shown that, ALS-CSF has the potential to perturb neuronal activity of the rat motor cortex which was associated with poor performance on motor function tests. ..
- Vandana K, Mukhopadhyay C, Rau N, Ajith V, Rajath P. Native valve endocarditis and femoral embolism due to Granulicatella adiacens: a rare case report. Braz J Infect Dis. 2010;14:634-6 pubmed..We present the first Indian case of endocarditis with arterial embolus by G. adiacens in an elderly male with no preexisting cardiac abnormality. ..
- Waghmare P, Chaudhari A, Karhadkar V, Jamkhande A. Comparative evaluation of turmeric and chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash in prevention of plaque formation and gingivitis: a clinical and microbiological study. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2011;12:221-4 pubmed..From this study, it could be stated that turmeric is definitely a good adjunct to mechanical plaque control. Further studies are required on turmeric based mouthwash to establish it as a low cost plaque control measure. ..
- Wani N, Rawa A, Qureshi U, Kosar T, Robbani I. Recurrent meningitis in an adult secondary to an inner ear malformation: imaging demonstration. Ear Nose Throat J. 2012;91:E23-6 pubmed..Evidence of fluid in the right middle ear suggested a CSF fistula. ..
- Suresh P, Medhamurthy R. Luteinizing hormone regulates inhibin-? subunit expression through multiple signaling pathways involving steroidogenic factor-1 and beta-catenin in the macaque corpus luteum. Growth Factors. 2012;30:192-206 pubmed publisher..Electrophoretic mobility shift analysis support the role of SF-1 in regulating luteal inhibin-? expression. Our results suggest a possible multiple crosstalk of Wnt, cAMP, and SF-1 in the regulation of luteal inhibin secretion. ..
- Narayanaswamy J, Jose D, Kalmady S, Venkatasubramanian G, Reddy Y. Clinical correlates of nucleus accumbens volume in drug-naive, adult patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2013;47:930-7 pubmed publisher..Correlation between the right NAcc volume deficit and severity of compulsions offers further support for this region as a candidate for deep brain stimulation treatment in OCD. ..
- Anand D, Puri S. Nutritional knowledge, attitude, and practices among HIV-positive individuals in India. J Health Popul Nutr. 2013;31:195-201 pubmed..Thus, there is a need for continuous interventions primarily aiming at behaviour change to convert knowledge into healthy dietary practices. ..
- Mittal R, Tripathy D. Tufted angioma (Angioblastoma) of eyelid in adults-report of two cases. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:153 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/1230909536950947. ..
- Yalagudri S, Raju N, Das B, Daware A, Maiya S, Jothiraj K, et al. Renal sympathetic denervation using an externally irrigated radiofrequency ablation catheter for treatment of resistant hypertension - Acute safety and short term efficacy. Indian Heart J. 2015;67:207-13 pubmed publisher..There was no significant change in serum creatinine level. This data shows the acute procedural safety and short term efficacy of RSDN using modified externally irrigated solid tip RFA catheter. ..
- Sowjanya A, Rao M, Vedantham H, Kalpana B, Poli U, Marks M, et al. Correlation of plasma nitrite/nitrate levels and inducible nitric oxide gene expression among women with cervical abnormalities and cancer. Nitric Oxide. 2016;52:21-8 pubmed publisher..The higher expression of iNOS mRNA and plasma nitrite/nitrate among women with pre-cancerous lesions suggests a role for nitric oxide in the natural history of cervical cancer. ..
- Srinivas N. Prediction of area under the concentration-time curve for lopinavir from peak or trough lopinavir concentrations in patients receiving lopinavir-ritonavir therapy. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2016;73:376-85 pubmed publisher..Variability in predictions was higher with use of the trough-AUC model. ..