Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in India
Publications709 found, 100 shown here
- Pandey A, Setty S, Rao R, Radhakrishnan R. Assessment of Langerhans cells in oral lichen planus by ATPase histochemistry: a clinicopathologic correlation. Quintessence Int. 2011;42:225-34 pubmed..Variation in their number and distribution bear clinical importance as objective assessment of long-standing lesions could be made with reference to treatment planning. ..
- Ghorpade D, Kaveri S, Bayry J, Balaji K. Cooperative regulation of NOTCH1 protein-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling by NOD1, NOD2, and TLR2 receptors renders enhanced refractoriness to transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta)- or cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA-4)-medi. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:31347-60 pubmed publisher..These findings serve in building a conceptual foundation for the design of improved strategies for adjuvants and immunotherapies against infectious diseases. ..
- Nagaraj V, Sundaram B, Varadarajan N, Subramani P, Kalappa D, Ghosh S, et al. Malaria parasite-synthesized heme is essential in the mosquito and liver stages and complements host heme in the blood stages of infection. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003522 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate the potential for new therapeutic interventions targeting the heme-biosynthetic pathway in the parasite during the mosquito and liver stages. ..
- Phurailatpam R, Upreti R, Nojin Paul S, Jamema S, Deshpande D. Characterization of commercial MOSFET detectors and their feasibility for in-vivo HDR brachytherapy. Phys Med. 2016;32:208-12 pubmed publisher..Signal was stable during the study period. The detector showed high dose linearity and insignificant fading. But due to angular and depth dependence, care should be taken and corrections must be applied for clinical dosimetry. ..
- Kamath M, Pai C, Kamath A, Kurien A. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, transforming growth factor-beta1, nerve growth factor, resistin and hyaluronic acid as serum markers: comparison between recurrent acute and chronic pancreatitis. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2016;15:209-15 pubmed..The other markers had no differential value between RAP and CP. Serum resistin is a promising marker to differentiate between RAP and CP and needs validation in future studies, especially in those with early CP. ..
- Pandith A, Hussain A, Khan M, Shah Z, Wani M, Siddiqi M. Oncogenic Activation of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor-3 and RAS Genes as Non-Overlapping Mutual Exclusive Events in Urinary Bladder Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:2787-93 pubmed..We conclude that RAS and FGFR3 mutations in UC are mutually exclusive and non-overlapping events which reflect activation of oncogenic pathways through different elements. ..
- Arora D, Gautam V, Sethi S, Arora B. A 16-year study of HIV seroprevalence and HIV-related diseases in a teaching tertiary care hospital in India. Int J STD AIDS. 2004;15:178-82 pubmed..Forty-six of these HIV-seropositive patients had already died. In order to cope with this epidemic, new models of care and cost-effective preventive measures are needed. ..
- Raman J, Sumathy K, Anand R, Balaram H. A non-active site mutation in human hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyltransferase expands substrate specificity. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;427:116-22 pubmed..Our studies show that mutation of this residue in the core of the protein also affects the stability of both enzymes. ..
- Kumar A, Babu M, Kimberling W, Venkatesh C. Genetic analysis of a four generation Indian family with Usher syndrome: a novel insertion mutation in MYO7A. Mol Vis. 2004;10:910-6 pubmed..The mutation is predicted to produce a truncated MYO7A protein. With the novel mutation reported here, the total number of USH causing mutations in the MYO7A gene described to date reaches to 75. ..
- Sonavane S, Borade S, Gajbhiye S, Shah N, Andrade C. Cortical blindness associated with electroconvulsive therapy. J ECT. 2006;22:155-7 pubmed..Neurological syndromes arising in the context of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) have rarely been reported in literature...
- Satyavani K, Gurudeeban S, Ramanathan T, Balasubramanian T. Biomedical potential of silver nanoparticles synthesized from calli cells of Citrullus colocynthis (L.) Schrad. J Nanobiotechnology. 2011;9:43 pubmed publisher..In this present investigation, we report, biomedical potential of silver nanopaticles synthesized from calli extract of Citrullus colocynthis on Human epidermoid larynx carcinoma (HEp -2) cell line...
- Bhatt J, Thomas S, Nanjan M. Resveratrol supplementation improves glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Nutr Res. 2012;32:537-41 pubmed publisher..Oral supplementation of resveratrol is thus found to be effective in improving glycemic control and may possibly provide a potential adjuvant for the treatment and management of diabetes. ..
- Yadav R, Ghosh A, Sharma K, Ahmad S. Atypical presentation of live cysticercus larva in anterior chamber. J Indian Med Assoc. 2013;111:264-5 pubmed..Exploration of lerva was done by visco-expressive method. Histopathology showed if to be a cysticercus lerva. Her visual acurity was 6/6 in the affected eye after one month...
- Bhattacharya S, Ghosh M. Changes in serum calcium and vitamin Dâ‚ƒ levels after tibolone treatment and their correlations with health-related quality of life. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;128:174-6 pubmed publisher..001). Tibolone significantly increases the serum vitamin D3 level and improves HRQOL in menopausal women. Clinical Trial Registry India: CTRI/2012/06/002752. ..
- Saxena A, Lakshman K, Sharma T, Gupta N, Banerjee B, Singal A. Modulation of serum BDNF levels in postherpetic neuralgia following pulsed radiofrequency of intercostal nerve and pregabalin. Pain Manag. 2016;6:217-27 pubmed publisher..Integrated multimodal therapy using minimally invasive pulsed radiofrequency and pregabalin in PHN was effective in early pain reduction with elevated serum BDNF levels. ..
- Manyanga T, Tremblay M, Chaput J, Katzmarzyk P, Fogelholm M, Hu G, et al. Socioeconomic status and dietary patterns in children from around the world: different associations by levels of country human development?. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:457 pubmed publisher..However, future studies should seek to replicate these findings in more representative samples extended to more rural representation. ..
- Bhandari R, Srinivasan N, Mahaboobi M, Ghanekar Y, Suguna K, Visweswariah S. Functional inactivation of the human guanylyl cyclase C receptor: modeling and mutation of the protein kinase-like domain. Biochemistry. 2001;40:9196-206 pubmed
- Laheri V, Badhe N, Dewnany G. Single stage decompression, anterior interbody fusion and posterior instrumentation for tuberculous kyphosis of the dorso-lumbar spine. Spinal Cord. 2001;39:429-36 pubmed..This surgery perhaps prevents progression of neurological deficit and recurrence of late onset paraplegia in these complex cases in developing countries. ..
- Malaviya G. Radial half of extensor carpi radialis longus tendon as graft to elongate muscle tendon unit for correction of finger clawing. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003;111:1914-7 pubmed..This technique is simple, needs minor modification in the sequence of operative steps, reduces operating time, and saves the patient from postoperative discomfort, muscle herniation, and scarring at the donor site (usually the thigh). ..
- Rao R, Rama S, Rao A. Changes in T-plastin expression with human trophoblast differentiation. Reprod Biomed Online. 2003;7:235-42 pubmed..These studies suggest that expression of T-plastin in the placental context may indeed be associated with the enhanced replicative potential of placental trophoblasts. ..
- Naveen A, Adithan C, Soya S, Gerard N, Krishnamoorthy R. CYP2D6 genetic polymorphism in South Indian populations. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:1655-8 pubmed..e. *4/*4 and *4/*5 were found at 0.6% in South Indian population. The genetic composition at the CYP2D6 locus in South Indians is distinct from Caucasian, African and even other Asian (Chinese and Japanese) populations. ..
- Chandrasekhar M, Rekhadevi P, Sailaja N, Rahman M, Reddy J, Mahboob M, et al. Evaluation of genetic damage in operating room personnel exposed to anaesthetic gases. Mutagenesis. 2006;21:249-54 pubmed..The results of our study suggest that exposure to waste anaesthetic gases has the potential to cause changes in the human genome. ..
- Somasundaram S, Raghavendra S, Singh A, Kesavadas C, Nair M. Hereditary spastic paraplegia with a thin corpus callosum. Pediatr Radiol. 2007;37:503-5 pubmed..HSP-TCC is being increasingly recognized over a wider geographical area than earlier believed. We now report a case of HSP-TCC from the Indian subcontinent...
- Mahendradas P, Kamath G, Mahalakshmi B, Shetty K. Serpiginous choroiditis-like picture due to ocular toxoplasmosis. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2007;15:127-30 pubmed..To report an atypical presentation of ocular toxoplasmosis in the form of serpiginous choroiditis-like picture in an immunocompetent individual...
- Hiremath H, Yakub S, Metgud S, Bhagwat S, Kulkarni S. Invasive cervical resorption: a case report. J Endod. 2007;33:999-1003 pubmed..The salient features were a large resorptive defect and localized fibrous in-growth located almost wholly on the cervicolabial aspect of the maxillary incisor crown involving the enamel and dentin. ..
- Naravaneni R, Jamil K. Determination of AChE levels and genotoxic effects in farmers occupationally exposed to pesticides. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2007;26:723-31 pubmed
- Jois R, MacGregor A, Gaffney K. Recognition of inflammatory back pain and ankylosing spondylitis in primary care. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47:1364-6 pubmed publisher..Education in primary care and the wider use of diagnostic algorithms may improve early detection and hence outcome of AS. ..
- Kordi Tamandani M, Sobti R, Shekari M, Mukesh M, Suri V. Expression and polimorphism of IFN-gamma gene in patients with cervical cancer. Exp Oncol. 2008;30:224-9 pubmed..This is the first study to provide an evidence for effecting of IFN-gamma gene on the risk of cervical cancer in north Indian population. ..
- Shet A. Characterizing blood microparticles: technical aspects and challenges. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2008;4:769-74 pubmed..The aim of this article is to review the technical aspects of characterizing the morphological and functional properties of blood MPs with emphasis on the preanalytical and analytical variables involved in these studies. ..
- Das S, Sharma S, Kar S, Sahu S, Samal B, Mallick A. Is inclusion of Sabouraud dextrose agar essential for the laboratory diagnosis of fungal keratitis?. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2010;58:281-6 pubmed publisher..Performance of all media was similar in in vitro experiment although the characteristic spores and color were seen earlier on SDA. Fungal keratitis can be reliably confirmed on BA or CA, which support growth of both bacteria and fungus. ..
- Niranjan V, Seenivasagam R, Sivakumar G. A systematic bioinformatics approach for selection of target and screening of ligand for malignant tumours suppressing APG4A gene on Xq22.1. Int J Comput Biol Drug Des. 2010;3:271-86 pubmed publisher..This bioinformatics research with a suitable target for inducing autophagy through APG4A would be a real breakthrough in cancer therapy. ..
- Camilus K, Govindan V, Sathidevi P. Pectoral muscle identification in mammograms. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2011;12:3285 pubmed..Using Hausdorff distance metric, the comparison of the results of the proposed method with ground truth shows low Hausdorff distances, the mean and standard deviation being 3.85 ± 1.07 mm. ..
- Dwivedi V, Shrivastava R, Hussain S, Ganguly C, Bharadwaj M. Cytotoxic potential of Indian spices (extracts) against esophageal squamous carcinoma cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:2069-73 pubmed..Morphological analysis, DAPI staining and DNA fragmentation assays showed maximum cell death and apoptotic cell demise (88%) to occur within 24 hours with an aqueous extract of chili pepper at 300 ?l/ml. ..
- Pradeep A, Rao N, Bajaj P, Kumari M. Efficacy of subgingivally delivered simvastatin in the treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes and chronic periodontitis: a randomized double-masked controlled clinical trial. J Periodontol. 2013;84:24-31 pubmed publisher..22% ± 9.75%) after 9 months. There was a greater decrease in mSBI and PD and more CAL gain with significant IBD fill at sites treated with SRP plus locally delivered SMV in patients with type 2 diabetes and CP. ..
- Prithviraj D, Gupta V, Muley N, Suresh P. Custom ocular prosthesis: comparison of two different techniques. J Prosthodont Res. 2013;57:129-34 pubmed publisher..Loss of tissue, whether congenital or traumatic or resulting from malignancy or radical surgery, is accompanied by esthetic and psychological effects. Fabrication of an ocular prosthesis is a challenging and time-consuming procedure...
- Koppad S, Sonawane S, Kapoor V, Deshmukh A, Borole K. Bilateral synchronous spermatocytic seminoma: a rare case report from rural India and literature review. Pan Afr Med J. 2012;13:34 pubmed..We hereby report this rare case of Bilateral Synchronous Spermatocytic Seminoma. This is the first case report from entire Asian continent except for Japan...
- Muqbil I, Bao B, Abou Samra A, Mohammad R, Azmi A. Nuclear export mediated regulation of microRNAs: potential target for drug intervention. Curr Drug Targets. 2013;14:1094-100 pubmed..In this review, we describe the current knowledge on the mechanisms of miRNA nuclear transport mediated regulation and propose strategies to selectively block this important mechanism in cancer. ..
- Jaiswal S, Chakrabarti A, Chatterjee S, Bhargava S, Ray K, O DONNELL P, et al. Haploidentical Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation with Post-Transplantation Cyclophosphamide in Children with Advanced Acute Leukemia with Fludarabine-, Busulfan-, and Melphalan-Based Conditioning. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:499-504 pubmed publisher..4%-75.2%). Our data suggest that Flu-Bu-Mel-based conditioning followed by PTCY-based haploidentical PBSC transplantation with reduced duration of immunosuppression is feasible in pediatric patients with advanced leukemia. ..
- Ur Rasool R, Rah B, Amin H, Nayak D, Chakraborty S, Rawoof A, et al. Dual modulation of Ras-Mnk and PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathways: A Novel c-FLIP inhibitory mechanism of 3-AWA mediated translational attenuation through dephosphorylation of eIF4E. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18800 pubmed publisher..Given that 3-AWA inhibits c-FLIP through abrogation of translation initiation by co-targeting mTOR and Mnk-eIF4E, it (3-AWA) can be exploited as a lead pharmacophore for promising anti-cancer therapeutic development. ..
- Mishra A, Jain A, Hinduja M, Wadhawa V, Patel R, Vaidhya N, et al. Transposition of Great Arteries with Intramural Coronary Artery: Experience with a Modified Surgical Technique. Braz J Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;31:15-21 pubmed publisher..We believe our technique of coronary button dissection in the presence of intramural coronary arteries using coronary shunt is simple and can be a good addition to the surgeons' armamentarium. ..
- Tiwari P, Pal R. The potential role of neuroinflammation and transcription factors in Parkinson disease. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2017;19:71-80 pubmed..In this review, we will look at the role of various transcription factors and signaling pathways in the development of PD...
- Bughani U, Saha A, Kuriakose A, Nair R, Sadashivarao R, Venkataraman R, et al. T cell activation and differentiation is modulated by a CD6 domain 1 antibody Itolizumab. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180088 pubmed publisher..These results position CD6 as a key molecule in sustaining the activation and differentiation of T cells and an important target for modulating autoimmune diseases. ..
- Goel A, Satoskar A, Nagpal R, Desai A. Intracranial ectopic pituitary tumour. Br J Neurosurg. 1990;4:339-42 pubmed..CT scan appearances resembled those of a sphenoid wing meningioma. The vascular lesion was partially excised. Histology showed it to be a pituitary tumour...
- Bakre M, Ghanekar Y, Visweswariah S. Homologous desensitization of the human guanylate cyclase C receptor. Cell-specific regulation of catalytic activity. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:179-87 pubmed
- Rudrammaji L, Machiah K, Kantha T, Gowda T. Role of catalytic function in the antiplatelet activity of phospholipase A2 cobra (Naja naja naja) venom. Mol Cell Biochem. 2001;219:39-44 pubmed..Parabromophenacyl bromide modified PLA2 enzymes lost their enzymatic activity as well as platelet aggregation inhibition activity suggesting the involvement of catalytic function in platelet aggregation inhibitory activity. ..
- Amitava A, Alarm S, Hussain R. Neuro-ophthalmic features in pediatric tubercular meningoencephalitis. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2001;38:229-34 pubmed..To examine the neuro-ophthalmic profile in childhood tubercular meningoencephalitis and assess its prognostic importance...
- Singh N, Pandey R, Saksena A, Jaiswal J. A comparative evaluation of oral midazolam with other sedatives as premedication in pediatric dentistry. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2002;26:161-4 pubmed..Midazolam was found to be the best drug among the three to produce conscious sedation in children...
- Raja Sabapathy S, Venkatramani H, Bharathi R, Jayachandran S. Reconstruction of finger tip amputations with advancement flap and free nail bed graft. J Hand Surg Br. 2002;27:134-8 pubmed..This technique results in an average gain of 5 mm of extra length to the nail. This is a useful technique when replantation of a distal fingertip amputation is not possible...
- Sinha S, Mahadevan A, Lokesh L, Ashraf V, Chandrasekhar Sagar B, Taly A, et al. Tangier disease--a diagnostic challenge in countries endemic for leprosy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004;75:301-4 pubmed..The importance of recognising this disease in a country where Hansen's disease is highly endemic cannot be overemphasised...
- Banerjee S, Kumar B, Kundu T. General transcriptional coactivator PC4 activates p53 function. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2052-62 pubmed..Furthermore, PC4 enhances p53- and p53Delta30-dependent apoptosis by inducing bax (a p53-targeted proapoptotic gene) gene expression. These results establish the first physiological role of PC4 as a transcriptional coactivator. ..
- Swaminathan V, Kishore A, Febitha K, Kundu T. Human histone chaperone nucleophosmin enhances acetylation-dependent chromatin transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7534-45 pubmed..These results establish nucleophosmin (NPM1) as a human histone chaperone that becomes acetylated, resulting in the enhancement of chromatin transcription. ..
- Raghavan S, Gu J, Swanson P, Lieber M. The structure-specific nicking of small heteroduplexes by the RAG complex: implications for lymphoid chromosomal translocations. DNA Repair (Amst). 2007;6:751-9 pubmed..We consider these findings in the context of RAG nicking at non-B DNA structures in lymphoid chromosomal translocations. ..
- Sengupta A, Kohli J. Antibiotic prophylaxis in cesarean section causing anaphylaxis and intrauterine fetal death. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2008;34:252-4 pubmed publisher..The selection of antibiotic regimen and the type of anesthesia should be individualized depending upon the existing facilities and the patient's profile, especially in a resource-scarce developing country...
- Grover R, Ray P, Das S. Polypyrimidine tract binding protein regulates IRES-mediated translation of p53 isoforms. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2189-98 pubmed
- Kavitha C, Nambiar M, Ananda Kumar C, Choudhary B, Muniyappa K, Rangappa K, et al. Novel derivatives of spirohydantoin induce growth inhibition followed by apoptosis in leukemia cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;77:348-63 pubmed publisher..Based on these results we discuss the mechanism of apoptosis induced by DFH and its implications in leukemia therapy. ..
- Ghosh K, Sen S, Sahoo B, Dasgupta S. A spectroscopic investigation into the interactions of 3'-O-carboxy esters of thymidine with bovine serum albumin. Biopolymers. 2009;91:737-44 pubmed publisher..Minor changes were observed in the secondary structures of human serum albumin (HSA) as revealed by FTIR and CD. Docking studies suggest that the ligands are close to Trp 213, which causes fluorescence quenching. ..
- Pai B, Muralimohan S. Intraoperative angiography in aneurysm surgery: an initial experience. Neurol India. 2010;58:571-5 pubmed publisher..No complications attributable to IOA were encountered in this study. IOA is a safe and effective adjunctive tool for aneurysm clipping. Routine use of IOA in all cases of aneurysmal surgery is recommended. ..
- Chhablani J, Romanzo A, Balmer A, Pica A, Gaillard M, Cozza R, et al. (106)Ruthenium brachytherapy for ciliary recurrence with supraciliary effusion in retinoblastoma. Ophthalmic Genet. 2010;31:190-2 pubmed publisher..A 2-year-old boy with syndromic bilateral retinoblastoma resulting from a (del(13)(q12.3q14.3)) developed a recurrent tumor measuring 2.3 X 2.3 mm at the ora serrata 15 months following last treatment...
- Balasubramanian S, Venugopal P, SundarRaj S, Zakaria Z, Majumdar A, Ta M. Comparison of chemokine and receptor gene expression between Wharton's jelly and bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells. Cytotherapy. 2012;14:26-33 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that MSC from different sources can be explored for distinct therapeutic roles. ..
- Tekkatte C, Vidyasekar P, Kapadia N, Verma R. Enhancement of adipogenic and osteogenic differentiation of human bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells by supplementation with umbilical cord blood serum. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;347:383-95 pubmed publisher..Our newly developed methods with a humanized serum supplement thus enhance the differentiation of cultured hMSCs...
- Rani J, Patil S, Murthy S, Koshy A, Nagpal D, Gupta S. Juvenile scleredema of Buschke. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2012;13:111-4 pubmed..In the present case, high-dose antibiotic therapy was used with good prognosis. High-dose antibiotic therapy can be used for treatment of dermatologic disorders with reasonably good prognosis. ..
- Gnanou J, Srinivas S, Kurpad A. Automated derivatization with o-phthalaldehyde for estimation of amino acids in plasma using reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2004;41:322-5 pubmed..Using this method, 19 amino acids were completely resolved and the within-run coefficients of variation ranged from 2.53 to 10.7% with a mean variation of 5.68%. ..
- Deepak M, Amit A. 'Bacoside B'--the need remains for establishing identity. Fitoterapia. 2013;87:7-10 pubmed publisher..We have elaborated these issues in this article along with our recommendations to move forward towards achieving scientific clarity on the subject. ..
- Ahmad T, Pasarad A, Kishore K, Maheshwarappa N. Huge aneurysm and coronary-cameral fistula from right coronary branch: First case. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2016;24:181-6 pubmed publisher..It was successfully repaired by ligation and excision plus marsupialization of the aneurysm. We believe this is the first such a case reported in literature. ..
- Deepa M, Grace M, Binukumar B, Pradeepa R, Roopa S, Khan H, et al. High burden of prediabetes and diabetes in three large cities in South Asia: The Center for cArdio-metabolic Risk Reduction in South Asia (CARRS) Study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015;110:172-82 pubmed publisher..Six in ten adults in large South Asian cities have either diabetes or prediabetes. These data call for urgent action to prevent diabetes in South Asia. ..
- Kumari J, Karande A, Kumar A. Combined Effect of Cryogel Matrix and Temperature-Reversible Soluble-Insoluble Polymer for the Development of in Vitro Human Liver Tissue. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2016;8:264-77 pubmed publisher..The developed cryogel matrix supports liver cells proliferation and functionality and therefore can be used for in vitro and in vivo drug testing. ..
- Panati K, Suneetha Y, Narala V. Irisin/FNDC5--An updated review. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:689-97 pubmed..The present review discussed on the discovery of irisin, its possible role in physiological and pathological conditions and controversies. It also discussed the current challenges and future perspectives. ..
- Poornima B, Siva B, Venkanna A, Shankaraiah G, Jain N, Yadav D, et al. Novel Gomisin B analogues as potential cytotoxic agents: Design, synthesis, biological evaluation and docking studies. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;139:441-453 pubmed publisher..Overall, we identified a novel small molecule that demonstrated anticancer activity by promoting in vitro tubulin assembly. ..
- Ramaprasad P, Harinath B. Fractionation, characterization and diagnostic potential of filarial antigens isolated from hydrocoele fluid in bancroftian filariasis. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1989;83:90-4 pubmed..HFA C3-9 showed greater sensitivity in detection of filarial specific IgM antibody in cases with microfilaraemia. Physicochemical characterization indicated the protein nature of HFA C3-9...
- Beuria M, Bal M, Mandal N, Das M. Antigenemia at 10 years after diethylcarbamazine treatment of asymptomatic microfilaraemic individuals: marginal conversion to infection-free state. Parasite Immunol. 2002;24:109-11 pubmed..Filarial antigen was detected in 36 individuals (81.2%, 27 male, nine female) comprising microfilaraemics, amicrofilaraemics and diseased. Only eight individuals (18.2%, two males, six females) remained antigen free. ..
- Pardiwala D, Prabhu V, Katre R. Posttraumatic pneumarthrosis of the hip joint: a case report. J Trauma. 2002;53:987-9 pubmed
- Supe S, Ganesh K, Naveen T, Jacob S, Sankar B. Spinal cord response to altered fractionation and re-irradiation: radiobiological considerations and role of bioeffect models. J Cancer Res Ther. 2006;2:105-18 pubmed..Clinical data compiled from the literature of Cohen and Creditor, Wara et al, Abbatucci et al and Jeremic et al, were used for comparison. ..
- Talukdar A, Khandokar M, Bandopadhyay S, Detels R. Risk of HIV infection but not other sexually transmitted diseases is lower among homeless Muslim men in Kolkata. AIDS. 2007;21:2231-5 pubmed..The results suggest that a biological effect of circumcision protects against HIV infection. The beneficial effect of circumcision should be communicated to high-risk groups, as well as to the general population. ..
- Gandra M, Anandula V, Authiappan V, Sundaramurthy S, Raman R, Bhattacharya S, et al. Retinitis pigmentosa: mutation analysis of RHO, PRPF31, RP1, and IMPDH1 genes in patients from India. Mol Vis. 2008;14:1105-13 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report to identify frequencies of mutations in isolated and adRP patients in India. ..
- Biswas S, Ghosh S, Chhabra S. Surface area of chorionic villi of placentas: an index of intrauterine growth restriction of fetuses. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2008;34:487-93 pubmed publisher..The results were compared to determine the difference in the values of surface area of chorionic villi, and to establish any relationship between placental histomorphometric changes and IUGR...
- Agarwal A, Chander Y. Chronic Chlamydia pneumoniae infection and bronchial asthma: is there a link?. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2008;26:338-41 pubmed..pneumoniae was more frequent in patients with asthma compared with control subjects. Our results support the correlation of bronchial asthma and chronic infection with C. pneumoniae in Indian population. ..
- Thunga G, Sam K, Patel D, Khera K, Sheshadhri S, Bahuleyan S, et al. Effectiveness of hemodialysis in acute dapsone overdose-a case report. Am J Emerg Med. 2008;26:1070.e1-4 pubmed publisher..This study describes a case of deliberate severe dapsone overdose with cyanosis, methemoglobinemia, and hemolytic anemia, which improved after repetitive hemodialysis. ..
- Srinivasa G, Fickus M, Guo Y, Linstedt A, KOVACEVIC J. Active mask segmentation of fluorescence microscope images. IEEE Trans Image Process. 2009;18:1817-29 pubmed publisher..Experiments show that the active mask algorithm matches the ground truth well and outperforms the algorithm widely used in fluorescence microscopy, seeded watershed, both qualitatively, as well as quantitatively. ..
- Nithyanandam S, Dabir S, Stephen J, Joseph M. Eruption severity and characteristics in herpes zoster ophthalmicus: correlation with visual outcome, ocular complications, and postherpetic neuralgia. Int J Dermatol. 2009;48:484-7 pubmed publisher..In this prospective longitudinal study we evaluated the correlation of eruption severity with ocular complications, visual outcome and postherpetic neuralgia...
- Kansakar P, Rodrigues G, Khan S. Xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis: a clinicopathological study from a tertiary care health institution. Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ). 2008;6:472-5 pubmed..Xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis is an unusual and destructive form of chronic cholecystitis and is indistinguishable from other forms of cholecystitis which makes preoperative diagnosis and surgery difficult...
- Sawarkar R, Visweswariah S, Nellen W, Nanjundiah V. Histone deacetylases regulate multicellular development in the social amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum. J Mol Biol. 2009;391:833-48 pubmed publisher..We infer that HDAC activity is important for regulating the timing of gene expression during the development of D. discoideum and for defining aspects of the phenotype that mediate social behaviour in genetically heterogeneous groups. ..
- Basu S, Das T, Biswas G. Bilateral toxoplasma retinochoroiditis in a patient with chronic myeloid leukemia treated with imatinib mesylate. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2010;18:64-5 pubmed publisher..Imatinib therapy was continued. After 6 weeks of therapy, all retinal lesions regressed and vision improved to 20/30 and 20/40 in right and left eyes, respectively. ..
- Ponnala R, Dalal A. Partial monosomy 7q. Indian Pediatr. 2011;48:399-401 pubmed..The unbalanced rearrangement resulted in monosomy of 7q33-->qter and trisomy of 14q32.2-->qter. The clinical phenotype was similar to the other cases of 7q deletion. ..
- Kawankar N, Vundinti B. Cytogenetic abnormalities in myelodysplastic syndrome: an overview. Hematology. 2011;16:131-8 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the cytogenetic abnormalities in MDS from various parts of the world...
- Wani I. Gallbladder ascariasis. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2011;22:178-82 pubmed..Gallbladder ascariasis is rarely encountered. The causative agent is Ascaris lumbricoides. Presence of ascaris inside the gallbladder can incite acalculous cholecystitis. We aimed in this report to study gallbladder ascariasis...
- Pandhi D, Gupta P, Singal A, Tondon A, Sharma S, Madhu S. Xanthelasma palpebrarum: a marker of premature atherosclerosis (risk of atherosclerosis in xanthelasma). Postgrad Med J. 2012;88:198-204 pubmed publisher..Therefore, XP patients irrespective of their lesion size or serum lipid levels should be screened using CIMT for detection of subclinical atherosclerosis. ..
- Syal S, Kapoor A, Bhatia E, Sinha A, Kumar S, Tewari S, et al. Vitamin D deficiency, coronary artery disease, and endothelial dysfunction: observations from a coronary angiographic study in Indian patients. J Invasive Cardiol. 2012;24:385-9 pubmed..Patients with lower 25(OH)D levels had higher prevalence of double- or triple-vessel CAD and diffuse CAD. Endothelial dysfunction as assessed by brachial artery FMD was also more frequently observed in those with low 25(OH)D levels. ..