Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in India
Publications217 found, 100 shown here
- Singhaniya S, Barpande S, Bhavthankar J. Oral tuberculosis in an asymptomatic pulmonary tuberculosis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2011;111:e8-10 pubmed publisher..This case is unusual in that the appearance of the painful oral lesion caused the patient to seek professional care and was concurrent with quiescent pulmonary disease...
- Prajapati S, Joshi H, Dua V. Antigenic repertoire of Plasmodium vivax transmission-blocking vaccine candidates from the Indian subcontinent. Malar J. 2011;10:111 pubmed publisher..The amino acid substitutions data generated in this study from different geographical regions of the Indian subcontinent could be helpful in designing a more effective anti-malarial transmission-blocking vaccine. ..
- Pradhan L, Sharma S, Nalamada S, Sahu S, Das S, Garg P. Natamycin in the treatment of keratomycosis: correlation of treatment outcome and in vitro susceptibility of fungal isolates. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2011;59:512-4 pubmed publisher..1% (4/7) in Acremonium group needed keratoplasty. We conclude that despite susceptibility of most fungal species causing keratitis to natamycin, the treatment outcome is poor in advanced fungal keratitis...
- Marmamula S, Madala S, Rao G. Prevalence of uncorrected refractive errors, presbyopia and spectacle coverage in marine fishing communities in South India: Rapid Assessment of Visual Impairment (RAVI) project. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2012;32:149-55 pubmed publisher..To investigate the prevalence of uncorrected refractive errors, presbyopia and spectacle coverage in subjects aged 40 years or more using a novel Rapid Assessment of Visual Impairment (RAVI) methodology...
- Kumar A, Ray U, Das S. Human La protein interaction with GCAC near the initiator AUG enhances hepatitis C Virus RNA replication by promoting linkage between 5' and 3' untranslated regions. J Virol. 2013;87:6713-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate the mechanism of regulation of HCV replication by interaction of the cis-acting element GCAC within the HCV IRES with human La protein. ..
- Mali P, Shirsat P, Khomane N, Nayak L, Nanubolu J, Meshram H. 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition Reactions for the Synthesis of Novel Oxindole Derivatives and Their Cytotoxic Properties. ACS Comb Sci. 2017;19:633-639 pubmed publisher..Most of the compounds showed moderate to potent cytotoxic activity against the tested cell lines. ..
- Fabiansen C, Yaméogo C, Iuel Brockdorf A, Cichon B, Rytter M, Kurpad A, et al. Effectiveness of food supplements in increasing fat-free tissue accretion in children with moderate acute malnutrition: A randomised 2 × 2 × 3 factorial trial in Burkina Faso. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002387 pubmed publisher..Moreover, current LNSs with DS may be improved by shifting to SI. The role of milk relative to soy merits further research. ISRCTN registry ISRCTN42569496. ..
- Meenakshi A, Kumar R, Ganesh V, Kumar N. Preliminary study on radioimmunodiagnosis of experimental tumor models using technetium-99m-labeled anti-C-erbB-2 monoclonal antibody. Tumori. 2002;88:507-12 pubmed
- Raja Sabapathy S, Sebastin S, Venkatramani H, Balaji G. Primary use of the index finger for reconstruction of amputated thumbs. Br J Plast Surg. 2004;57:50-60 pubmed
- Jaleel M, Shenoy A, Visweswariah S. Tyrphostins are inhibitors of guanylyl and adenylyl cyclases. Biochemistry. 2004;43:8247-55 pubmed
- Beuria M, Bal M, Mandal N, Das M. Age-dependent prevalence of asymptomatic amicrofilaraemic individuals in a Wuchereria bancrofti-endemic region of India. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2003;97:297-8 pubmed..The prevalence of these uninfected individuals was highest in the younger age groups (aged < or = 15 years), decreased rapidly in those aged > 15 to 40 years, and then stabilized in those aged > 40 years. ..
- Thomas J, Jayachandran N, Shenoy Chandrasekhara P, Lakshmi V, Narsimulu G. Melioidosis--an unusual cause of septic arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2008;27 Suppl 2:S59-61 pubmed publisher..Septic arthritis and prostatic abscess are rare but well-recognized forms of the disease. Herein we report a case of melioidosis presenting with a rare combination of septic arthritis, prostatic abscess, and septicemia. ..
- Adurthi S, Krishna S, Mukherjee G, Bafna U, Devi U, Jayshree R. Regulatory T cells in a spectrum of HPV-induced cervical lesions: cervicitis, cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and squamous cell carcinoma. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2008;60:55-65 pubmed publisher..nTregs in cervicitis and CIN may be a potential marker of persistence. ..
- Bal M, Beuria M, Mandal N, Das M. Antigenemia in young children living in Wuchereria bancrofti-endemic areas of Orissa, India. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2009;103:262-5 pubmed publisher..The study emphasizes the advantage of using the circulating filarial antigen assay for detecting true filarial infection and demonstrates a high prevalence of antigenemia among the 610 children studied. ..
- Urs P, Khan F, Maiya P. Bubble CPAP - a primary respiratory support for respiratory distress syndrome in newborns. Indian Pediatr. 2009;46:409-11 pubmed..Bubble CPAP was found to be safe and effective means of treating mild and moderate grade RDS, it was also observed to be more successful in babies born to mothers who had received antenatal steroids. ..
- Srivastava A, Choudhuri G, Mittal B. CYP7A1 (-204 A>C; rs3808607 and -469 T>C; rs3824260) promoter polymorphisms and risk of gallbladder cancer in North Indian population. Metabolism. 2010;59:767-73 pubmed publisher..Underlying mechanism for GBC susceptibility by CYP7A1 (-204 A>C and -469 T>C) haplotype appears to be independent of gallstone pathway and is believed to involve genotoxicity resulting from subnormal bile acid production. ..
- Kamble R, Shinde V, Madhale S, Kamble A, Ravikumar B, Jadhav R. Extraction and detection of Mycobacterium leprae DNA from ZNCF-stained skin smear slides for better identification of negative skin smears. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2010;28:57-9 pubmed publisher..M. leprae specific primers (16SrRNA) were used for PCR-based amplification of DNA. We could detect M. leprae DNA in 15 (32.6%) samples. The method can be useful in the diagnosis of apparently slit skin smear negative leprosy cases. ..
- Grover P, Rekhadevi P, Danadevi K, Vuyyuri S, Mahboob M, Rahman M. Genotoxicity evaluation in workers occupationally exposed to lead. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2010;213:99-106 pubmed publisher..In view of the observed results, it can be strongly concluded that the workers comprise the risk group and adequate safety, precautionary and preventive measures could only minimize exposure and the related health hazards. ..
- Singh T, Amirtham U, Satheesh C, Lakshmaiah K, Suresh T, Babu K, et al. Floor-of-mouth metastasis in colorectal cancer. Ann Saudi Med. 2011;31:87-9 pubmed..We report a case of colorectal carcinoma with metastasis to the floor of the mouth. This is probably the first reported case of metastasis to the floor of the mouth in a patient with colorectal cancer. ..
- Das R, Pal M, Barui A, Paul R, Chakraborty C, Ray A, et al. Assessment of malignant potential of oral submucous fibrosis through evaluation of p63, E-cadherin and CD105 expression. J Clin Pathol. 2010;63:894-9 pubmed publisher..This may lead to marker identification through greater validation. ..
- Srikantia N, Mukesh S, Krishnaswamy M. Crystalline maculopathy: a rare complication of tamoxifen therapy. J Cancer Res Ther. 2010;6:313-5 pubmed publisher..Fluorescein angiography, ocular coherence tomography confirmed the diagnosis. Tamoxifen therapy was discontinued. Although ocular toxicity is rare, careful evaluation of patients with visual symptoms on tamoxifen therapy is required. ..
- Kumar A, Gupta C, Nair D, Salunke D. MP-4 Contributes to Snake Venom Neutralization by Mucuna pruriens Seeds through an Indirect Antibody-mediated Mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:11373-84 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the MP-4 contributes significantly to the snake venom neutralization activity of M. pruriens seeds through an indirect antibody-mediated mechanism. ..
- Sen R, Das S. An ergonomics study on compatibility of controls of overhead cranes in a heavy engineering factory in West Bengal. Appl Ergon. 2000;31:179-84 pubmed..A number of low-cost ergonomics solutions have been recommended to minimize these problems. ..
- Joseph B, Mulpuri K, Varghese G. Perthes' disease in the adolescent. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2001;83:715-20 pubmed..The poorest clinical results were found in the destructive type which was frequently associated with incapacitating pain requiring arthrodesis or excision arthroplasty within three years of onset of the disease...
- Malik F, Kumar A, Bhushan S, Khan S, Bhatia A, Suri K, et al. Reactive oxygen species generation and mitochondrial dysfunction in the apoptotic cell death of human myeloid leukemia HL-60 cells by a dietary compound withaferin A with concomitant protection by N-acetyl cysteine. Apoptosis. 2007;12:2115-33 pubmed..The results of our studies demonstrate that withaferinA induced early ROS generation and mitochondrial dysfunction in cancer cells trigger events responsible for mitochondrial -dependent and -independent apoptosis pathways. ..
- Devi V, Shankar P. Ramelteon: a melatonin receptor agonist for the treatment of insomnia. J Postgrad Med. 2008;54:45-8 pubmed..Although the effects of ramelteon use > 5 weeks are unknown, the available data confirms its safety and efficacy for short-term use. Clinical use and future research should uncover more information about ramelteon's properties. ..
- Vijayakumar M, Muthu M, Singh S. Copolymers of poly(lactic acid) and D-?-tocopheryl polyethylene glycol 1000 succinate-based nanomedicines: versatile multifunctional platforms for cancer diagnosis and therapy. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2013;10:529-43 pubmed publisher..These biomaterials have proved that they could be applied in the fabrication of multifunctional nanomedicines for the future needs in simultaneous diagnosis of cancer as well as targeted chemotherapy. ..
- Richardson S, Seelan N, Selvaraj D, Khandeparker R, Gnanamony S. Perceptual Speech Assessment After Anterior Maxillary Distraction in Patients With Cleft Maxillary Hypoplasia. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016;74:1239.e1-9 pubmed publisher..The results for all tested parameters were highly significant (P â‰¤ .001). AMD offers a substantial improvement in speech for all 5 parameters of perceptual speech assessment. ..
- Rai S, Bhatnagar S. Hyperlipidemia, Disease Associations, and Top 10 Potential Drug Targets: A Network View. OMICS. 2016;20:152-68 pubmed publisher..These findings provide an integrative view of lipid-protein interactions leading to acquired hyperlipidemia and the associated diseases, and might prove useful in future translational pharmaceutical research. ..
- Garg P, Aydanian A, Smith D, J Glenn M, Nair G, Stine O. Molecular epidemiology of O139 Vibrio cholerae: mutation, lateral gene transfer, and founder flush. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:810-4 pubmed
- Manjithaya R, Dighe R. The 3' untranslated region of bovine follicle-stimulating hormone beta messenger RNA downregulates reporter expression: involvement of AU-rich elements and transfactors. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1158-66 pubmed
- Reddy B, Demarchi D, Bharati S, Kumar V, Crawford M. Patterns of ethnic, linguistic, and geographic heterogeneity of palmar interdigital ridge counts in the Indian subcontinent. Hum Biol. 2004;76:211-28 pubmed..These findings can serve as baseline information for future studies on population variation in India, particularly studies based on molecular genetic markers, a trend that has already gained momentum. ..
- Pandit I, Srivastava N, Gugnani N, Gupta M, Verma L. Various methods of caries removal in children: a comparative clinical study. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2007;25:93-6 pubmed..The results showed that airotor was the most efficient method (mean value 0.38), while carisolv was the least painful (mean value 0.080) and the most time consuming method (534.8 seconds). ..
- Ghosh A, Sastri S, Srinivas D, Mahadevan A, Anandappa C, Shankar S. Malignant triton tumor of cervical spine with hemorrhage. J Clin Neurosci. 2011;18:721-3 pubmed publisher..He underwent surgery with decompression of the intradural, and a small part of the extradural, component. To our knowledge this is the first report of a cervical triton tumor presenting with an intratumoral bleed...
- Tummidi S, Patro M, Bal A, Choudhury A. Microfilariae in a bone marrow aspirate. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:256 pubmed publisher..All the bone marrow aspirates must be screened for microfilariae in the endemic areas to identify the asymptomatic carriers. ..
- Paul S, Mahajan P, Sahoo J, Bhatia V, Subba S. Investigating Mumps Outbreak in Odisha, India: An Opportunity to Assess the Health System by Utilizing the Essential Public Health Services Framework. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1215-1221 pubmed publisher..The outbreak had led to a community expenditure of 538 USD. The exercise uncovered a number of weak links in the essential public health services within the health-care delivery system in the area. ..
- Jayaram N, Ramaprasad A, Chethan M, Sujay R. Tumours and tumour-like conditions of the para-testicular region--a study of morphological features. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 1998;41:287-95 pubmed..Intra-cytoplasmic myofilaments as well as desmosomes were observed. The patients ranged from 14 to 65 years of age and most presented with painless mass in the scrotum. Follow-up was not possible due to practical difficulties...
- Gaur D, Trivedi S, Prabhudesai M, Madhusudhana H, Gopichand M. Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy: technical considerations and long-term follow-up. BJU Int. 2002;89:339-43 pubmed
- Kundra P, Vitheeswaran M, Nagappa M, Sistla S. Effect of preoperative and postoperative incentive spirometry on lung functions after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2010;20:170-2 pubmed publisher..However, lung functions were better preserved in group PR at all times when compared with group PO; P<0.05. To conclude, lung functions are better preserved with preoperative than postoperative incentive spirometry. ..
- Sharma A, Piplani P. Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors from QSAR point of view: how close are we?. Cent Nerv Syst Agents Med Chem. 2013;13:71-87 pubmed..The intention of this review is to summarize the present knowledge concerning computational predictions of AChEIs and AChE. ..
- Vishnoi S, Ghosh A, Debnath B, Samanta S, Gayen S, Jha T. Antibacterial activity of Abies webbiana. Fitoterapia. 2007;78:153-5 pubmed..The methanol extract of the dried leaves of Abies webbiana was evaluated for antimicrobial activity. The methanol extract showed a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity...
- Kurien A, Symons S, Manohar T, Desai M. Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy in children: equivalent clearance rates to adults is achieved with fewer and lower energy shock waves. BJU Int. 2009;103:81-4 pubmed publisher..ESWL is as safe and effective in children as in adults for solitary renal and upper ureteric stones that are <2 cm. Children required significantly fewer and lower energy SWs to achieve equivalent results. ..
- Shekhar M, Bokhari K. Juvenile aggressive ossifying fibroma of the maxilla. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2009;27:170-4 pubmed publisher..Reported here is a case of recurrent juvenile aggressive ossifying fibroma of the maxilla in a 15-year-old male treated with enucleation and curettage. A 10-month follow-up showed no signs of recurrence...
- Chinnaswamy S, Bhushan A, Behera A, Ghosh S, Rampurkar V, Chandra V, et al. Roles for Transcription Factors Sp1, NF-ÎºB, IRF3, and IRF7 in Expression of the Human IFNL4 Gene. Viral Immunol. 2016;29:49-63 pubmed publisher..Together, our work for the first time reports on the functional characterization of the human IFNL4 promoter. ..
- Misra S, Moitra P, Kondaiah P, Bhattacharya S. Co-liposomes having anisamide tagged lipid and cholesteryl tryptophan trigger enhanced gene transfection in sigma receptor positive cells. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;142:130-140 pubmed publisher..Also each formulation was highly non-toxic in the cell lines examined. ..
- Sinha S, Taly A, Prashanth L, Ravishankar S, Arunodaya G, Vasudev M. Sequential MRI changes in Wilson's disease with de-coppering therapy: a study of 50 patients. Br J Radiol. 2007;80:744-9 pubmed..Patients with extensive changes, white-matter involvement and severe diffuse atrophy had a poor prognosis In conclusion, the majority of patients with WD showed variable improvement in clinical and MRI features when treated. ..
- Pandey N, Chandrakar A, Garg M, Patel S. Calotropis procera -induced keratitis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2009;57:58-60 pubmed..The inflammation was reversed by the local application of steroid drops. ..
- Sharma P, Bharath M, Murthy P. Qualitative high performance thin layer chromatography (HPTLC) analysis of cannabinoids in urine samples of Cannabis abusers. Indian J Med Res. 2010;132:201-8 pubmed..The HPTLC method was found to be high throughput, sensitive, reproducible and cost-effective compared to commercial kits. ..
- Mishra K, Raj D, Hazra R, Dash A, Supakar P. The development and evaluation of a single step multiplex PCR method for simultaneous detection of Brugia malayi and Wuchereria bancrofti. Mol Cell Probes. 2007;21:355-62 pubmed
- D Mello J, Kumar S. Audiological findings in cleft palate patients attending speech camp. Indian J Med Res. 2007;125:777-82 pubmed..Hearing loss is prevalent in more than three-fourths of the patients attending the speech camp. There is a need for early identification and intervention of middle ear effusion for all cleft palate cases. ..
- Mahajan V, Sharma N, Shanker V, Gupta P, Mardi K. Cutaneous sporotrichosis: unusual clinical presentations. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2010;76:276-80 pubmed publisher..A high clinical suspicion is important in early diagnosis and treatment to prevent chronicity and morbidity in these patients. SSKI is fairly safe and effective when itraconazole is not affordable/available...
- Basu S, Mohamed A, Chaurasia S, Sejpal K, Vemuganti G, Sangwan V. Clinical outcomes of penetrating keratoplasty after autologous cultivated limbal epithelial transplantation for ocular surface burns. Am J Ophthalmol. 2011;152:917-924.e1 pubmed publisher..The single-stage approach is associated with poorer clinical outcomes and should be avoided. ..
- Acharya S, Dilnawaz F, Sahoo S. Targeted epidermal growth factor receptor nanoparticle bioconjugates for breast cancer therapy. Biomaterials. 2009;30:5737-50 pubmed publisher..Thus it was concluded that EGFR-Rapa-NPs provide an efficient and targeted delivery of anticancer drugs, presenting a promising active targeting carrier for tumor selective therapeutic treatment in near future. ..
- Sameer A, Shah Z, Syeed N, Rasool R, Afroze D, Siddiqi M. NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) Pro187Ser polymorphism and colorectal cancer predisposition in the ethnic Kashmiri population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2010;11:209-13 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that the NQO1 C609T SNP is involved either in susceptibility or development of CRC in the ethnic Kashmiri population. ..
- Veldore V, Patil S, Prabhudesai S, Satheesh C, Shashidhara H, Krishnamoorthy N, et al. Targeted Therapy Management in NSCLC Patients Using Cytology: Experience from a Tertiary Care Cancer Center. Mol Diagn Ther. 2016;20:119-23 pubmed publisher..88, p = 0.02), with exon 19 mutation predominating (Ï‡ (2) = 5.66, p = 0.02). Our results demonstrate the successful use of cytology material for molecular testing in a subset of NSCLC patients to direct their treatment. ..
- Chaturvedi S, Chandra P, Issac M, Sudarshan C. Somatization misattributed to non-pathological vaginal discharge. J Psychosom Res. 1993;37:575-9 pubmed..Sixteen women were absolutely certain that their discharge was totally responsible for their symptoms and illness. Thus, somatization related to vaginal discharge seems to be a frequent undetected problem in women with somatic symptoms. ..
- Qanungo S, Mukherjea M. Ontogenic profile of some antioxidants and lipid peroxidation in human placental and fetal tissues. Mol Cell Biochem. 2000;215:11-9 pubmed..Results indicate that there is gradual suppression of lipoperoxide formation with the progress of gestation to protect the fetus against oxygen toxicity. ..
- Mani K, Rangan G, Srinivas H, Srindharan V, Subbakrishna D. Epilepsy control with phenobarbital or phenytoin in rural south India: the Yelandur study. Lancet. 2001;357:1316-20 pubmed..The key to success is a combination of trained primary-care physicians, health workers, inexpensive phenobarbital, drug compliance, health education, and follow-up. ..
- Kumar B, Lakhotia S, Ankathil R, Madhavan J, Jayaprakash P, Nair M, et al. Germline BRCA1 mutation analysis in Indian breast/ovarian cancer families. Cancer Biol Ther. 2002;1:18-21 pubmed..Our data from 14 different families suggests a lower prevalence but definite involvement of germline mutations in the BRCA1 gene among Indian women with breast cancer and a family history of breast cancer. ..
- Babu B, Hazra R, Chhotray G, Satyanarayana K. Knowledge and beliefs about elephantiasis and hydrocele of lymphatic filariasis and some socio-demographic determinants in an endemic community of Eastern India. Public Health. 2004;118:121-7 pubmed
- Kumar V, Kesari S, Kumar A, Dinesh D, Ranjan A, Prasad M, et al. Vector density and the control of kala-azar in Bihar, India. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2009;104:1019-22 pubmed..Given these facts, an attempt has been made to unravel the role of P. argentipes saliva (salivary gland) in the epidemiology of kala-azar. It was determined that patchy DDT spraying should be avoided for effective control of kala-azar. ..
- Shenoy A, Patil V, Prithvi B, Chavan P, Halkud R. Supraclavicular artery flap for head and neck oncologic reconstruction: an emerging alternative. Int J Surg Oncol. 2013;2013:658989 pubmed publisher..Supra clavicular artery flap is a thin versatile, reliable, easy to harvest, with good cosmetic and functional outcome at both ends (recipient and donor) for reconstructing head and neck oncologic defects. ..
- Neetu S, Sunil K, Ashish A, Jayantee K, Usha Kant M. Microstructural abnormalities of the trigeminal nerve by diffusion-tensor imaging in trigeminal neuralgia without neurovascular compression. Neuroradiol J. 2016;29:13-8 pubmed publisher..The diffusion tensor imaging results suggest that microstructural tissue abnormalities of the trigeminal nerve also exist even in non-neurovascular compression-related trigeminal neuralgia. ..
- Das A, Bhattacharya R, Kundu M, Chakrabarti P, Basu J. Human erythrocyte membrane protein 4.2 is palmitoylated. Eur J Biochem. 1994;224:575-80 pubmed..Protein 4.2 could be depalmitoylated with hydroxylamine, suggesting a thioester linkage. Depalmitoylated protein 4.2 showed significantly decreased binding to protein-4.2-depleted membranes, compared to native protein 4.2. ..
- Khan A, Das S, Ramamurthy T, Sikdar A, Khanam J, Yamasaki S, et al. Antibiotic resistance, virulence gene, and molecular profiles of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolates from diverse sources in Calcutta, India. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:2009-15 pubmed..Maybe for this reason, STEC has still not become a major problem in India. ..
- Karande S, Bhalke S, Kelkar A, Ahuja S, Kulkarni M, Mathur M. Utility of clinically-directed selective screening to diagnose HIV infection in hospitalized children in Bombay, India. J Trop Pediatr. 2002;48:149-55 pubmed publisher..001). Our study shows that clinically-directed selective screening does have a practical role in diagnosing HIV infection in a resource-poor setting. ..
- Shah N, Gupta Y, Ghose S. Zimmermann-Laband syndrome with bilateral developmental cataract - a new association?. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2004;14:78-85 pubmed..Besides detection and timely recognition of the syndrome to allow adequate dental care, ophthalmic screening at periodic intervals is merited to improve the overall quality of life for these patients. ..
- Deb K, Chaturvedi M, Jaiswal Y. Comprehending the role of LPS in Gram-negative bacterial vaginosis: ogling into the causes of unfulfilled child-wish. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2004;270:133-46 pubmed..Once these inflammatory mediators have increased in the feto-maternal tissues, it may be too late or harmful to try and prevent the adverse outcomes of pregnancy. ..
- Nag P, Dutta P, Nag A. Critical body temperature profile as indicator of heat stress vulnerability. Ind Health. 2013;51:113-22 pubmed..In extreme heat, the limit of peripheral adjustability (35-36°C T(sk)) and the narrowing down of the difference between T(cr) and T(sk) might indicate the limit of one's ability to withstand heat exposure. ..
- Torricelli A, Santhanam A, Wu J, Singh V, Wilson S. The corneal fibrosis response to epithelial-stromal injury. Exp Eye Res. 2016;142:110-8 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to highlight factors involved in the generation of stromal haze and its subsequent removal. ..
- Shenoy N, Choughuley A. Inhibitory effect of diet related sulphydryl compounds on the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines. Cancer Lett. 1992;65:227-32 pubmed..Am., 252 (1985) 114-119). Most of these compounds behave as antinitrosating agents and their inhibitory activity towards formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines, under different conditions is described. ..
- Patwardhan N, Bansal M, Pradhan J. Characterization of mycobacterial species in clinically diagnosed cases of pulmonary tuberculosis and their HIV status. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 1997;40:365-7 pubmed..Of the 75 patients 3 were seropositive for HIV-I antibodies. Out of these 3, one was found to be smear and culture positive and was identified as M. scrofulaceum. Other two seropositive patients were smear and culture negative for AFB...
- Rath S, Vemuganti G, Biswas G, Mod H. Optic nerve and chiasmal germinoma. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009;25:161-3 pubmed publisher..Eight months postirradiation, vision stabilization was achieved with 20/200 OD and light perception with inaccurate projection of rays OS. ..
- Muthayya S. Maternal nutrition & low birth weight - what is really important?. Indian J Med Res. 2009;130:600-8 pubmed
- Bhattacharya S, Niyogi S, Bhattacharyya S, Arya B, Chauhan N, Mandal S. Associations between potential bacterial pathogens in the nasopharynx of HIV infected children. Indian J Pediatr. 2012;79:1447-53 pubmed publisher..The authors found a strong positive association between carriage with H. influenzae and S. pneumoniae. These findings provide insight into the increased risk of invasive disease from these organisms in HIV infected children. ..
- Vyas S, Chitale A, Deshpande R. Late splenic metastasis after curative resection for oesophageal carcinoma. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2002;22:1011-3 pubmed..We report herewith one such instance of metastatic involvement of the spleen in an operated case of carcinoma oesophagus...
- Lahiri K, Malakar S, Sarma N, Banerjee U. Repigmentation of vitiligo with punch grafting and narrow-band UV-B (311 nm)--a prospective study. Int J Dermatol. 2006;45:649-55 pubmed..The area of repigmentation, MPS, and relationship between the donor graft area and area of surgical repigmentation were documented. ..
- Mehrotra S, Peeran N, Bandyopadhyay A. Idiopathic chylopericardium: an unusual cause of cardiac tamponade. Tex Heart Inst J. 2006;33:249-52 pubmed..There are relatively few published reports of idiopathic chylopericardium, and its pathogenesis remains unknown. The most effective treatment is surgical ligation of the thoracic duct and creation of a pericardial window. ..
- Rajasekaran S. Buckling collapse of the spine in childhood spinal tuberculosis. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007;460:86-92 pubmed..Children at risk for buckling collapse must be carefully watched and the spine stabilized to avoid a massive increase in deformity...
- Rao N, Loganathan S, Prakash O, Varghese M. Use of electroconvulsive therapy for schizophrenia with comorbid Marfan syndrome. J ECT. 2009;25:276-7 pubmed publisher..The report highlights the importance of careful evaluation of patients with schizophrenia and Marfan syndrome before ECT in liaison with other specialties. ..
- Veerapandiyan A, Shashi V, Jiang Y, Gallentine W, Schoch K, Smith E. Pseudometabolic presentation of dystrophinopathy due to a missense mutation. Muscle Nerve. 2010;42:975-9 pubmed publisher..Our report, however, is the first to describe in detail the clinical findings associated with this specific mutation. Further studies and clinical reports are needed to better understand the pathogenicity of the mutation. ..
- Das M, Kumar S, Deb P, Mishra S. History of Cardiology in India. Indian Heart J. 2015;67:163-9 pubmed publisher..The present article essentially aims to pay tribute to all the workers and pioneers in the field of Cardiology in India, who in spite of limited resources ventured in an unchartered arena. ..
- Srivastava K, Chauhan D, Gupta P, Singh H, Sharma V, Yadav V, et al. Isolation of Mycobacterium bovis & M. tuberculosis from cattle of some farms in north India--possible relevance in human health. Indian J Med Res. 2008;128:26-31 pubmed..tuberculosis from cattle. The present study reports the isolation of M. tuberculosis and M. bovis from different types of specimens from cattle suspected to be suffering from tuberculosis in certain organized cattle farms in north India...
- Durai S, Karutha Pandian S, Balamurugan K. Changes in Caenorhabditis elegans exposed to Vibrio parahaemolyticus. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;21:1026-35 pubmed..For the first time, the pathogenicity of V. parahaemolyticus at both the physiological and molecular levels has been studied in detail using the model organism C. elegans. ..
- Mishra M, Rao A. Peristaltic transport in a channel with a porous peripheral layer: model of a flow in gastrointestinal tract. J Biomech. 2005;38:779-89 pubmed..The discussion on pumping, trapping and reflux may be helpful in understanding some of the fluid dynamic aspects of the transport of chyme in gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Palanivelu C, Rangarajan M, John S, Parthasarathi R, Senthilkumar R. Laparoscopic transhiatal approach for benign supra-diaphragmatic lesions of the esophagus: a replacement for thoracoscopy?. Dis Esophagus. 2008;21:176-80 pubmed publisher..A laparoscopic transhiatal excision is technically feasible for all benign supra-diaphragmatic lesions and epiphrenic diverticula and is the approach of choice. ..
- Hakeem A, Shafi H, Gojwari T, Rasool S, Ahmad M. Primary mediastinal hydatid disease leading to popliteal artery hydatid cyst embolization. Ann Saudi Med. 2009;29:407-9 pubmed..In endemic areas, it is important to consider hydatid cysts in the differential diagnosis of an acute arterial occlusion. ..
- Gupta B, Parakh M, Purohit A. Management of scorpion sting: prazosin or dobutamine. J Trop Pediatr. 2010;56:115-8 pubmed publisher..To compare the efficacy of Dobutamine and Prazosin in the management of cases with scorpion sting...
- Inamdar S, Savanur M, Eligar S, Chachadi V, Nagre N, Chen C, et al. The TF-antigen binding lectin from Sclerotium rolfsii inhibits growth of human colon cancer cells by inducing apoptosis in vitro and suppresses tumor growth in vivo. Glycobiology. 2012;22:1227-35 pubmed publisher..As the increased expression of TF-associated glycans is commonly seen in human cancers, SRL has the potential to be developed as a therapeutic agent for cancer. ..
- Sethi S, Bhargava S. Kleine-Levin syndrome and encephalitis. Indian J Pediatr. 2002;69:999-1000 pubmed..Immediately preceding to it the child had been an episode of enteric fever confirmed by the serological tests...