Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in India
Publications336 found, 100 shown here
- Ghosh S, Dash A. Larvivorous fish against malaria vectors: a new outlook. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2007;101:1063-4 pubmed
- Pednekar M, Gupta P, Hebert J, Hakama M. Joint effects of tobacco use and body mass on all-cause mortality in Mumbai, India: results from a population-based cohort study. Am J Epidemiol. 2008;167:330-40 pubmed..Tobacco use and undernutrition are serious problems in India. The current study indicates that obesity may emerge as a serious public health problem with which tobacco use may interact. ..
- Sharma K, Ranka P, Goyal P, Dabi D. Gastric outlet obstruction in children: an overview with report of Jodhpur disease and Sharma's classification. J Pediatr Surg. 2008;43:1891-7 pubmed publisher..Author's classification is complete and scientific, encompassing all rare causes of GOO. We nickname this idiopathic variety of GOO the Jodhpur disease, the place of the first cases. ..
- Vedantham H, Silver M, Kalpana B, Rekha C, Karuna B, Vidyadhari K, et al. Determinants of VIA (Visual Inspection of the Cervix After Acetic Acid Application) positivity in cervical cancer screening of women in a peri-urban area in Andhra Pradesh, India. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010;19:1373-80 pubmed publisher..VIA is not a robust screening test and we caution against its use as the primary screening test in resource-limited regions. ..
- Bankapur A, Zachariah E, Chidangil S, Valiathan M, Mathur D. Raman tweezers spectroscopy of live, single red and white blood cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10427 pubmed publisher..The richness of the measured spectrum illustrates that Raman studies of live cells in suspension are more informative than conventional micro-Raman studies where the cells are chemically bound to a glass cover slip. ..
- Yenugu S, Narmadha G. The human male reproductive tract antimicrobial peptides of the HE2 family exhibit potent synergy with standard antibiotics. J Pept Sci. 2010;16:337-41 pubmed publisher..Results of this study demonstrate the potential of endogenous HE2 peptides to be pharmacologically important in designing novel strategies to treat reproductive tract infections. ..
- Sreejith G, Latha P, Shine V, Anuja G, Suja S, Sini S, et al. Anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and anti-lipidperoxidant effects of Cassia occidentalis Linn. Indian J Exp Biol. 2010;48:494-8 pubmed..Results of the present study indicated that CO inhibited mast cell degranulation, stabilized HRBC membrane thereby alleviating immediate hypersensitivity besides showing anti oxidant activity...
- Shetty P, Baliga S, Balaiah K, Gnana P. Primary hepatic neuroendocrine tumor: an unusual cystic presentation. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2010;53:760-2 pubmed publisher..Here we intend to put forward a review of the current literature regarding the diagnosis, pathology, and management of this disease...
- Pandith A, Khan N, Shah Z, Shah A, Wani S, Siddiqi M. Association of bladder cancer risk with an NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase polymorphism in an ethnic Kashmiri population. Biochem Genet. 2011;49:417-26 pubmed publisher..84-6.3; P < 0.001). Results of this study strongly suggest that the variant allele of NQO1 (Pro187Ser) may affect individual susceptibility to bladder cancer, particularly among smokers, in this ethnic Kashmiri population. ..
- Zaidi S, Jameel S, Zaman F, Jilani S, Sultana A, Khan S. A systematic overview of the medicinal importance of sanguivorous leeches. Altern Med Rev. 2011;16:59-65 pubmed..Owing to its therapeutic potential, the research is continuing as many new salivary compounds are being isolated and synthesized...
- Nidhi R, Padmalatha V, Nagarathna R, Amritanshu R. Prevalence of polycystic ovarian syndrome in Indian adolescents. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2011;24:223-7 pubmed publisher..PCOS is a common female endocrine disorder with prevalence ranging from 2.2% to 26%. Most reports have studied adult women with age ranged from 18 to 45 years. The aim of this study was to find the prevalence of PCOS in Indian adolescents...
- Kumar A, Shah B, Singh S, Hamid A, Singh S, Sethi V, et al. Acyl derivatives of boswellic acids as inhibitors of NF-?B and STATs. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:431-5 pubmed publisher..One of the identified lead compounds was found to be an inhibitor of the NF-?B and STAT proteins, warranting further investigations to be developed into a potential anticancer lead. ..
- Jain M, Bhat G, Vijayraghavan K, Inamdar M. Rudhira/BCAS3 is a cytoskeletal protein that controls Cdc42 activation and directional cell migration during angiogenesis. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:753-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, Rudhira could control directional cell migration and angiogenesis by facilitating crosstalk between cytoskeletal elements. ..
- Dalvoy Vasudevarao M, Dhanasekaran K, Selvi R, Kundu T. Inhibition of acetyltransferase alters different histone modifications: probed by small molecule inhibitor plumbagin. J Biochem. 2012;152:453-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Plumbagin induces a distinct modification profile involving transcriptional activation marks H3K4me3 and H3S10 phosphorylation in the context of histone acetylation brought about by KAT3B/ p300. ..
- Das D, Ghosh M, Pal M, Maiti A, Chakraborty C. Machine learning approach for automated screening of malaria parasite using light microscopic images. Micron. 2013;45:97-106 pubmed publisher..e., 83.5% with 9 most significant features. Finally, the performance of these two classifiers under feature selection framework has been compared toward malaria parasite classification. ..
- Kishor C, Arya T, Reddi R, Chen X, Saddanapu V, Marapaka A, et al. Identification, biochemical and structural evaluation of species-specific inhibitors against type I methionine aminopeptidases. J Med Chem. 2013;56:5295-305 pubmed publisher..Crystal structures of four selected inhibitors in complex with human MetAP1b and molecular modeling studies provided the basis for the binding specificity. ..
- Patil V, Masand N, Gupta S. HCV Inhibitors: Role of Compounds from Botanical Sources. Curr Top Med Chem. 2016;16:1402-9 pubmed..The compiled knowledge regarding anti-HCV agents from natural sources will provide considerable information for developing novel safe and effective anti-HCV drugs. ..
- Ganesan V, Mandal J. Primary oral tuberculosis in a patient with lepromatous leprosy: Diagnostic dilemma. Int J Mycobacteriol. 2016;5:102-5 pubmed publisher..The patient's general condition improved and she is on regular follow up. ..
- Ghosh K, Hankey A, Srinivasan T. Electrodermal Screening of Asthmatics with AcuGraph 4. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2017;10:125-130 pubmed publisher..The study provides support for the usefulness of meridian energy measurements to assess organ related dysfunction and for the idea that pathology groups exhibit higher standard deviations i.e. lower quality of regulation. ..
- Bhaskaran R, Damodaran R, Kumar V, Panakal John J, Bangaru D, Natarajan C, et al. Inhalation Dose and Source Term Studies in a Tribal Area of Wayanad, Kerala, India. J Environ Public Health. 2017;2017:1930787 pubmed publisher..The thoron surface exhalation rate ranged from BDL to 17470?Bq/m2/h. ..
- Chakraborty A, Chakraborty N, Chattopadhyay U. Age related natural killer activity of peripheral blood lymphocytes from healthy subjects and cancer patients. A comparative in vitro study with interleukin-2. Tumori. 1994;80:233-7 pubmed..The data suggest serious impairment of NK function in elderly patients with oral carcinoma. Generation of LAK activity with exogenous IL-2 could be an important modality of treatment in these patients. ..
- Bramhne H, Porichha D, Samal R, Reddy B. Non acid-fast fluorescent M. leprae (?) in skin smears from leprosy patients. Indian J Lepr. 1993;65:439-42 pubmed..60.52% of cases on treatment and 19.44% cases after RFT had fluorescent bacilli in the skin smears. Results suggest the possibility of a non acid-fast fluorescent positive variant of M. leprae...
- Babu B, Nayak A. Treatment costs and work time loss due to episodic adenolymphangitis in lymphatic filariasis patients in rural communities of Orissa, India. Trop Med Int Health. 2003;8:1102-9 pubmed..The results demonstrate the extent of the economic burden caused by acute LF and provide justification for strengthening the ongoing LF elimination programme. ..
- Porichha D, Mukherjee A, Ramu G. Neural pathology in leprosy during treatment and surveillance. Lepr Rev. 2004;75:233-41 pubmed..The histopathological features of nerve biopsies from patients under surveillance appeared to be ongoing active disease rather than relapse. ..
- Singh T, Kananbala S, Devi K. Pleuropulmonary paragonimiasis mimicking pulmonary tuberculosis--a report of three cases. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2005;23:131-4 pubmed..All the patients had been treated with praziquantel successfully...
- Sau K, Gupta S, Sau S, Ghosh T. Synonymous codon usage bias in 16 Staphylococcus aureus phages: implication in phage therapy. Virus Res. 2005;113:123-31 pubmed..If this is true, then above three phages may be useful for curing staphylococcal infections. ..
- Hebbar S, Bairy I, Bhaskaranand N, Upadhyaya S, Sarma M, Shetty A. Fatal case of Naegleria fowleri meningo-encephalitis in an infant: case report. Ann Trop Paediatr. 2005;25:223-6 pubmed
- Pai S, Pai R, Lalitha R, Kumaraswamy S, Lalitha N, Johnston R, et al. Expression of oncofoetal marker carcinoembryonic antigen in oral cancers in South India--a pilot study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006;35:746-9 pubmed
- Bari S, Sheikh K, Malik A, Wani R, Naqash S. Percutaneous aspiration versus open drainage of liver abscess in children. Pediatr Surg Int. 2007;23:69-74 pubmed..Open method was found still to be the best modality of management, although percutaneous aspiration is safe and effective but needs lot of expertise. ..
- Praveen K, Sinha S, Chandrasekhar H, Vijayan J, Taly A. Sporadic onset Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease: interesting MRI observations. Neurol India. 2006;54:418-20 pubmed..Diffusion weighted images showed bilateral symmetric hyperintense signals in the caudate and putamen. The role of MRI in the diagnosis of CJD is discussed. ..
- Bhutia S, Mallick S, Stevens S, Prokai L, Vishwanatha J, Maiti T. Induction of mitochondria-dependent apoptosis by Abrus agglutinin derived peptides in human cervical cancer cell. Toxicol In Vitro. 2008;22:344-51 pubmed..LC-MS/MS analysis reflected the molecular masses of peptides in 10 kMPP were in the range of 500 Da to 3000 Da. The significant antitumor activity of 10 kMPP deserves further laboratory and in vivo experimentation...
- Shetty M. Guidelines on the use of botulinum toxin type A. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2008;74 Suppl:S13-22 pubmed..It is recommended that beginners should focus on the basic indications in the upper third of the face and that they treat the middle and lower parts of the face only after garnering adequate experience. ..
- Arif S, Shams Ul Bari -, Wani N, Zargar S, Wani M, Tabassum R, et al. Albendazole as an adjuvant to the standard surgical management of hydatid cyst liver. Int J Surg. 2008;6:448-51 pubmed publisher..75% whereas recurrence was 4.16% in patients who received albendazole therapy. We conclude that albendazole is safe and effective adjuvant therapy in the treatment of hydatid liver disease. ..
- Tambe S, Dhurat S, Kumar C, Thakare P, Lade N, Jerajani H, et al. Two cases of scalp white piedra caused by Trichosporon ovoides. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2009;75:293-5 pubmed publisher..The first patient responded to oral itraconazole and topical ketoconazole, with a decrease in the palpability of nodules and fragility of scalp hairs at the end of two months...
- Pradeep A, Patel S. Multiple dental anomalies and aggressive periodontitis: a coincidence or an association?. Indian J Dent Res. 2009;20:374-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present case represents a very interesting demonstration of AgP association with supernumerary roots and the nature of this association merits further investigations. ..
- Khan A, Shaik M, Parveen N, Rajendraprasad A, Aleem M, Habeeb M, et al. Human fetal liver-derived stem cell transplantation as supportive modality in the management of end-stage decompensated liver cirrhosis. Cell Transplant. 2010;19:409-18 pubmed publisher..01) observed in 6 months follow-up in all patients. Therapy using human fetal liver stem/progenitor cells offers a potentially supportive modality to organ transplantation in the management of liver diseases. ..
- Semwal D, Badoni R, Semwal R, Kothiyal S, Singh G, Rawat U. The genus Stephania (Menispermaceae): chemical and pharmacological perspectives. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;132:369-83 pubmed publisher..In addition, this review discusses the structure-activity relationship of different compounds as well as recent developments and the scope for future research in this aspect...
- Chashoo G, Singh S, Sharma P, Mondhe D, Hamid A, Saxena A, et al. A propionyloxy derivative of 11-keto-?-boswellic acid induces apoptosis in HL-60 cells mediated through topoisomerase I & II inhibition. Chem Biol Interact. 2011;189:60-71 pubmed publisher..In vivo studies of PKBA revealed anti-tumoral activity against both ascitic and solid murine tumor models. These studies thus demonstrate PKBA to induce apoptosis in HL-60 cells due to the inhibition of topoisomerases I and II. ..
- Kundangar R, Pandey V, Acharya K, Rao P, Rao L. An intraarticular fibroma of the tendon sheath in the knee joint. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011;19:1830-3 pubmed publisher..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) revealed a well-defined intra-articular lesion in the region of the intercondylar notch of the femur behind the PCL. The mass was excised by arthrotomy. Histopathological study confirmed the diagnosis...
- Panigrahi B, Kerketta A, Mohapatra A, Hazra R, Parida S, Marai N, et al. Effect of construction of an irrigation canal on malaria situation in two primary health centres of Dhenkanal district of Orissa, India. Trop Biomed. 2011;28:76-84 pubmed
- Sood S, Kharbanda O, Duggal R, Sood M, Gulati S. Muscle response during treatment of Class II Division 1 malocclusion with Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2011;35:331-8 pubmed..This study suggests that Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device should be given for at least six months to allow for adequate neuromuscular adaptations to occur for long-term stability of the result. ..
- Begum N, Prasad N, Kanimozhi G, Hasan A. Apigenin ameliorates gamma radiation-induced cytogenetic alterations in cultured human blood lymphocytes. Mutat Res. 2012;747:71-6 pubmed publisher..Treatment with apigenin alone had no significant effect on DNA damage and chromosomal aberrations in HPBL. Thus, the current studies indicate that apigenin protects HPBL from radiation-induced cytogenetic alterations. ..
- Avinash M, Govindaraju T. Amino acid derivatized arylenediimides: a versatile modular approach for functional molecular materials. Adv Mater. 2012;24:3905-22 pubmed publisher..Herein some of these seminal reports of this rapidly emerging field and the design principles embraced are discussed. ..
- Basu J, Shin D, Jo E. Mycobacterial signaling through toll-like receptors. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2012;2:145 pubmed publisher..In this article we describe recent advances in the recognition, responses, and regulation of mycobacterial signaling through TLRs. ..
- Venkatesh S, Sinha D. Involvement of health professionals in tobacco control in the South-East Asia Region. Indian J Cancer. 2012;49:327-35 pubmed publisher..Indian Dental Association intervention is another good example. ..
- Javid G, Zargar S, Bhat K, Khan B, Yatoo G, Gulzar G, et al. Efficacy and safety of sequential therapy versus standard triple therapy in Helicobacter pylori eradication in Kashmir India: a randomized comparative trial. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2013;32:190-4 pubmed publisher..2 % in standard therapy and 6.5 % in sequential therapy. Sequential therapy was significantly more effective than standard therapy for eradicating H. pylori infection in peptic ulcer disease in Asian patients. Side effects were similar. ..
- Kalyani P, Jamil K. A study on biochemical facet of anemia in cancers: A strong link between erythropoietin and tumor necrosis factor alpha in anemic cancer patients. Indian J Cancer. 2015;52:127-32 pubmed publisher..Further studies on molecular analysis of Epo, biochemical and molecular interplay between Epo and TNF-Î± could explain a rationale for anemia in cancers. ..
- Kumar M, Ghosh S, Nayak S, Das A. Recent advances in biosensor based diagnosis of urinary tract infection. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;80:497-510 pubmed publisher..Paying attention to detection approaches with emphasizing biosensor based recent developments in the quest for new diagnostics for UTI and the need for more sophisticated techniques in terms of selectivity and sensitivity is discussed. ..
- Singh U, Malla A, Bhat I, Ahmad A, Bukhari M, Bhat S, et al. Synthesis, molecular docking and evaluation of antifungal activity of Ni(II), Co(II) and Cu(II) complexes of porphyrin core macromolecular ligand. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:172-9 pubmed publisher..Molecular docking technique was used to understand the ligand-DNA interactions. From docking experiment, we conclude that copper complex interacts more strongly than rest two. ..
- Ravishankar R, Bidya Sagar M, Roy S, Purnapatre K, Handa P, Varshney U, et al. X-ray analysis of a complex of Escherichia coli uracil DNA glycosylase (EcUDG) with a proteinaceous inhibitor. The structure elucidation of a prokaryotic UDG. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:4880-7 pubmed..Ec UDG could serve as a prototype for UDGs from pathogenic prokaryotes, and provide a framework for possible drug development against such pathogens with emphasis on features of the molecule that differ from those in the human enzyme...
- Banerjee S, Kundu T. The acidic C-terminal domain and A-box of HMGB-1 regulates p53-mediated transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:3236-47 pubmed..In conclusion, these results elucidate the role of acidic C-terminal domain and A-box of HMGB-1 in p53-mediated transcriptional activation and its further downstream effect. ..
- Babu B, Nayak A. Footcare among lymphoedema patients attending a filariasis clinic in South India: a study of knowledge and practice. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2003;97:321-4 pubmed
- Sekar C, Rajasekaran S, Kannan R, Reddy S, Shetty T, Pithwa Y. Preemptive analgesia for postoperative pain relief in lumbosacral spine surgeries: a randomized controlled trial. Spine J. 2004;4:261-4 pubmed..Preemptive analgesia with a single caudal epidural injection of bupivacaine and tramadol is a safe, simple and effective method for postoperative pain relief. ..
- Alexander P, Alladi A, Correa M, D Cruz A. Neonatal colonic mucormycosis--a tropical perspective. J Trop Pediatr. 2005;51:54-9 pubmed..The only chance of survival in this fatal disease is early diagnosis and rapid institution of aggressive therapy inclusive of adequate surgical debridement and appropriate antifungal medications. ..
- Agnihotri V, Lattoo S, Thappa R, Kaul P, Qazi G, Dhar A, et al. Chemical variability in the essential oil components of Achillea millefolium agg. from different Himalayan habitats (India). Planta Med. 2005;71:280-3 pubmed..2 %). No variation in morphology and chromosome number was observed under comparable environmental conditions from different habitats. Preliminary investigation indicates the existence of different ecotypes from the Himalayan habitats. ..
- Prasad A. Berardinelli seip syndrome. Indian Pediatr. 2005;42:1245 pubmed
- Jayakumar P, Srikanth S, Chandrashekar H, Subbakrishna D. T2 relaxometry of ring lesions of the brain. Clin Radiol. 2007;62:370-5 pubmed..To differentiate two common aetiologies of "ring lesions," tuberculomas and cysticercal cysts, using T2 relaxometry...
- Karthikeyan B, Pradeep A. Leptin levels in gingival crevicular fluid in periodontal health and disease. J Periodontal Res. 2007;42:300-4 pubmed..05). As periodontal tissue destruction increased, there was a substantial decrease in gingival crevicular fluid leptin concentration. This observation extends our knowledge of the protective role of leptin in periodontal health. ..
- Khalid M, Malik N, Salauddin M, Rashid M. Concomitant bilateral testicular epidermoid cysts. Saudi Med J. 2008;29:907-9 pubmed..We present here, a case of bilateral epidermoid cyst in which characteristic ultrasound (US) findings allowed testis-sparing enucleation instead of radical orchiectomy...
- Murthy K. Medical negligence and the law. Indian J Med Ethics. 2007;4:116-8 pubmed..This article presents a summary of legal decisions related to medical negligence: what constitutes negligence in civil and criminal law, and what is required to prove it. ..
- Teegala R, Kumar P, Kale S, Sharma B. Craniovertebral junction tuberculosis: a new comprehensive therapeutic strategy. Neurosurgery. 2008;63:946-55; discussion 955 pubmed publisher..5 +/- 6.2 months. There was no mortality. Use of our proposed scoring system and management protocol allowed both speedy recovery and early mobilization. All patients had good clinicoradiological outcomes regardless of the grade. ..
- Motukuru V, Suresh K, Vivekanand V, Raj S, Girija K. Therapeutic angiogenesis in Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans) patients with critical limb ischemia by autologous transplantation of bone marrow mononuclear cells. J Vasc Surg. 2008;48:53S-60S; discussion 60S pubmed publisher..These study data support conducting controlled and multicenter trials to evaluate the efficacy of this therapy in preventing amputation in selected patients with Buerger's disease who have critical limb ischemia. ..
- Shyagali T, Chandralekha B, Bhayya D, Kumar S, Balasubramanyam G. Are ratings of dentofacial attractiveness influenced by dentofacial midline discrepancies?. Aust Orthod J. 2008;24:91-5 pubmed..Orthodontic treatment objectives should include correction of the dental midline discrepancies to within 2 mm of the facial midline. ..
- Ghosh S. Exploring socioeconomic vulnerability of anaemia among women in eastern Indian States. J Biosoc Sci. 2009;41:763-87 pubmed publisher..New programme strategies are needed, particularly those that improve iron storage and enhance the overall nutritional status of women throughout the life-cycle. ..
- Tirumalae R, Boer A. Calcification and ossification in eccrine mixed tumors: underrecognized feature and diagnostic pitfall. Am J Dermatopathol. 2009;31:772-7 pubmed publisher..Eccrine mixed tumors of the skin are rare adnexal neoplasms, and their morphological spectrum is not well established...
- Nanjappa M, Shankarappa R, Kalpana S, Bhat P, Moorthy N. Intracardiac thrombi in acute myeloid leukemia: an echocardiographic and autopsy correlation. Echocardiography. 2010;27:E4-8 pubmed publisher..This report also emphasises the importance of histopathological or clinical autopsy examination of the mass in certain clinical scenario with diagnostic dilema. ..
- Acharya K, Chandrashekar D, Chitturi N, Shah H, Malhotra V, Sreelakshmi K, et al. A novel tissue-specific meta-analysis approach for gene expression predictions, initiated with a mammalian gene expression testis database. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:467 pubmed publisher..This new platform is publicly available at the following web address: http://resource.ibab.ac.in/MGEx-Tdb/. ..
- Kumar D, Arya V, Kaur R, Bhat Z, Gupta V, Kumar V. A review of immunomodulators in the Indian traditional health care system. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2012;45:165-84 pubmed publisher..This work shall hopefully encourage researchers to undertake further work on medicinal plants with potential immunomodulatory activity. ..
- Neogi U, Gupta S, Sahoo P, Shet A, Rao S, Ranga U, et al. Genetic characterization of HIV type 1 Tat exon 1 from a southern Indian clinical cohort: identification of unique epidemiological signature residues. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2012;28:1152-6 pubmed publisher..Our data have direct relevance for subunit-based Tat HIV-1 vaccine development. ..
- Kumar D, Kumar A, Prakash O. Potential antifertility agents from plants: a comprehensive review. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;140:1-32 pubmed publisher..Also, the mechanisms of action by which plant extracts and their active compounds exert antifertility effects remain to be studied. ..
- Jana D, Das S, Sarkar D, Mandal S, Maji A, Mukhopadhyay M. Role of nuclear factor-?B in female breast cancer: a study in Indian patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:5511-5 pubmed..In our good clinical practice, patients with NF-?B positive tumors need to be treated aggressively. ..
- Rajapur A, Dixit S, Hoshing C, Raikar S. The influence of tray space and repeat pours on the accuracy of monophasic polyvinylsiloxane impression. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2012;13:824-9 pubmed..This study also studies the dimensional stability of the impressions poured at different time intervals...
- Kumar D, Bhat Z, Kumar V, Raja W, Shah M. Anti-anxiety activity of Stachys tibetica Vatke. Chin J Nat Med. 2013;11:240-4 pubmed publisher..The present study is aimed at evaluating the anxiolytic effects of the methanolic extract of the root, stem, leaf, and whole plant material of Stachys tibetica Vatke in rats...
- Bhattacharjee B, Chatterjee J. Identification of proapoptopic, anti-inflammatory, anti- proliferative, anti-invasive and anti-angiogenic targets of essential oils in cardamom by dual reverse virtual screening and binding pose analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:3735-42 pubmed..Nevertheless, the precise poly-pharmacological nature of naturally occurring chemo-preventive compounds in cardamom has still not been fully demystified...
- Rakashanda S, Qazi A, Majeed R, Rafiq S, Dar I, Masood A, et al. Antiproliferative activity of Lavatera cashmeriana- protease inhibitors towards human cancer cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:3975-8 pubmed..These investigations might point to future preventive as well as curative solutions using plant protease inhibitors for various cancers, especially in the lung, hence warranting their further investigation. ..
- Mondal D, Dutta G, Gupta S. Inferring the fluoride hydrogeochemistry and effect of consuming fluoride-contaminated drinking water on human health in some endemic areas of Birbhum district, West Bengal. Environ Geochem Health. 2016;38:557-76 pubmed publisher..The existence of significant linear relationship (R (2)Â =Â 0.77) between drinking water F and urinary F suggests that consumption of F-contaminated drinking water has a major control over urinary F (0.39-20.1Â mg/L) excretion. ..
- Mohan C, Srinivasa V, Rangappa S, Mervin L, Mohan S, Paricharak S, et al. Trisubstituted-Imidazoles Induce Apoptosis in Human Breast Cancer Cells by Targeting the Oncogenic PI3K/Akt/mTOR Signaling Pathway. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153155 pubmed publisher..In summary, we report the synthesis and biological evaluation of imidazoles that induce apoptosis in breast cancer cells by negatively regulating PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway. ..
- Borisa A, Bhatt H. A comprehensive review on Aurora kinase: Small molecule inhibitors and clinical trial studies. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;140:1-19 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we also discuss future perspectives for development of novel inhibitors and their scope in drug development process. ..
- Shetty S, Gupta S, Chary G, Shariff S, Acharya V, Belliappa M. Olfactory neuroblastoma metastatic to the breast. Rhinology. 2000;38:144-6 pubmed..A poor prognosis due to rapidly progressive disseminated disease was observed. The relevant literature regarding metastatic olfactory neuroblastoma and metastasis in the breast from non-mammary malignant neoplasms is reviewed. ..
- Shah A, Panjabi C. Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis: a review of a disease with a worldwide distribution. J Asthma. 2002;39:273-89 pubmed..Early diagnosis and therapy with prednisolone, the cornerstone of management, could alter the course of the disease and prevent the development of end-stage lung fibrosis...
- Mathur P, Prabhu K, Jindal D. Unusual presentations of pouch colon. J Pediatr Surg. 2002;37:1351-3 pubmed..Pouch colon associated with high anorectal malformation is a rare anomaly. Two unique anatomic variants of congenital pouch colon, never reported before, are presented. ..
- Kishor K, Rao P, Bhat K, Shastry B. Pancreatitis in Weil's disease. Trop Doct. 2002;32:230-1 pubmed
- Gaur D, Gopichand M, Dubey M, Jhunjhunwala V. Mini-access for retroperitoneal laparoscopy. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2002;12:313-5 pubmed..However, the cosmetic results were better. Mini-retroperitoneoscopy is feasible and is a better alternative for patients in whom the whole procedure can be performed through 5-mm or smaller ports. ..
- Tambe K, Ambekar S, Bafna P. Delleman (oculocerebrocutaneous) syndrome: few variations in a classical case. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2003;7:77-80 pubmed..To our knowledge optic atrophy associated with oculocerebrocutaneous syndrome has not been reported previously. Our patient had only a single seizure and his IQ was normal. ..
- Somasundaram K, Das S, Lakhotia S, Wajapeyee N. Analysis of gene promoter regulation by tumor suppressor genes. Methods Mol Biol. 2003;223:101-16 pubmed
- Varghese B, Paul S, Elizabeth M, Somanathan T, Elizabeth K. Late post radiation laryngeal chondronecrosis with pharyngooesophageal fibrosis. Indian J Cancer. 2004;41:81-4 pubmed..This condition can mimic a local recurrence and severe and life threatening involvement will require aggressive surgical management as reported in the present case...
- Tomar J, Jain V, Aggarwal K, Dayal S, Gupta S. Contact allergies to cosmetics: testing with 52 cosmetic ingredients and personal products. J Dermatol. 2005;32:951-5 pubmed..Hence, patch testing, with the standard series supplemented by personal cosmetics; should be considered for patients with cosmetic dermatitis to determine the offending allergen so as to avoid further contact with that allergen. ..
- Zargar S, Javid G, Khan B, Yattoo G, Shah A, Gulzar G, et al. Pantoprazole infusion as adjuvant therapy to endoscopic treatment in patients with peptic ulcer bleeding: prospective randomized controlled trial. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;21:716-21 pubmed..45). In patients with bleeding peptic ulcers, the use of high dose pantoprazole infusion following successful endoscopic therapy is effective in reducing rebleeding, transfusion requirements and hospital stay. ..
- Rath S. Immediate active mobilization versus immobilization for opposition tendon transfer in the hand. J Hand Surg Am. 2006;31:754-9 pubmed..To test the hypothesis that immediate postoperative active mobilization of the hand after opposition tendon transfer will achieve outcomes similar to those of the standard practice of cast immobilization...