Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Germany
Publications1853 found, 100 shown here
- Müller F, Trusen A, Weig M. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis in immunocompromised children. Eur J Pediatr. 2002;161:563-74 pubmed..To date, the diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis remains a combination of clinical presentation, radiology and microbiological tests. ..
- Viestenz A, Mardin C, Langenbucher A, Naumann G. [In-vivo measurement of autofluorescence in the parapapillary atrophic zone of optic discs with and without glaucomatous atrophy]. Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 2003;220:545-50 pubmed..The detection of active parapapillary autofluorescent areas especially in OHT may offer the ophthalmologist an important tool for early diagnosis. ..
- Bauer M, Polzin S, Patzelt D. Quantification of RNA degradation by semi-quantitative duplex and competitive RT-PCR: a possible indicator of the age of bloodstains?. Forensic Sci Int. 2003;138:94-103 pubmed..This can be of value when evidence from old cases is re-investigated. Our data show, that, although RNA continues to be degraded in dried bloodstains, mRNA suitable for RT-PCR can be isolated from samples stored for at least 15 years. ..
- Plaza T, Nist G, Stetter C, von den Driesch P. Angioedema due to type I allergy to snuff tobacco. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2007;5:300-2 pubmed..Whenever allergic reactions together with tobacco snuff use occur, a possible type I allergy should be considered and investigated. ..
- Ochs U, Eingartner C, Volkmann R, Ochs B, Huber C, Weller S, et al. Prospective long-term follow-up of the cementless bicontact hip stem with plasmapore coating. Z Orthop Unfall. 2007;145 Suppl 1:S3-8 pubmed..A prospective long-term study of the first 250 cementless Bicontact stems implanted in the BG Trauma Centre, Tuebingen, Germany...
- Kittler R, Pelletier L, Heninger A, Slabicki M, Theis M, Miroslaw L, et al. Genome-scale RNAi profiling of cell division in human tissue culture cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:1401-12 pubmed..Our work provides an experimental framework from which the systematic analysis of novel genes necessary for cell division in human cells can begin. ..
- Schlöbe D, Hölzle D, Hatz D, von Meyer L, Tricker A, Richter E. 4-Hydroxy-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone-releasing DNA adducts in lung, lower esophagus and cardia of sudden death victims. Toxicology. 2008;245:154-61 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to elucidate the discrepancies in lung DNA adduct levels in smokers with or without lung cancer and to identify obvious additional sources other than tobacco for these adducts...
- Meyer K, Klatte J, Dinh H, Harries M, Reithmayer K, Meyer W, et al. Evidence that the bulge region is a site of relative immune privilege in human hair follicles. Br J Dermatol. 2008;159:1077-85 pubmed publisher..Bulge IP presumably protects the HF epithelial stem cell reservoir from autoaggressive immune attack whereas a loss of bulge IP may play a central role in the pathogenesis of cicatricial alopecias. ..
- Piontek D, Kraus L, Klempova D. Short scales to assess cannabis-related problems: a review of psychometric properties. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 2008;3:25 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, further research is needed to assess the performance of the tests in different populations and in comparison to broader criteria of cannabis-related problems other than dependence. ..
- Korb A, Pavenstadt H, Pap T. Cell death in rheumatoid arthritis. Apoptosis. 2009;14:447-54 pubmed publisher..This review summarises our recent progress in understanding aberrant apoptosis in the RA synovial membrane and points to possibilities of intervening specifically with this aspect of the pathogenesis of RA. ..
- Oldak M, Tolzmann L, Wnorowski A, Podgórska M, Silling S, Lin R, et al. Differential regulation of human papillomavirus type 8 by interferon regulatory factors 3 and 7. J Virol. 2011;85:178-88 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that local application of IRF-3-activating compounds might constitute an attractive novel therapeutic strategy against HPV8-associated diseases, particularly in epidermodysplasia verruciformis patients. ..
- Lechler P, Renkawitz T, Campean V, Balakrishnan S, Tingart M, Grifka J, et al. The antiapoptotic gene survivin is highly expressed in human chondrosarcoma and promotes drug resistance in chondrosarcoma cells in vitro. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:120 pubmed publisher..Survivin antagonizing therapeutic strategies may lead to new treatment options in unresectable and metastasized chondrosarcoma. ..
- Prinz H, Schmidt P, Böhm K, Baasner S, Muller K, Gerlach M, et al. Phenylimino-10H-anthracen-9-ones as novel antimicrotubule agents-synthesis, antiproliferative activity and inhibition of tubulin polymerization. Bioorg Med Chem. 2011;19:4183-91 pubmed publisher..The results obtained demonstrate that the antiproliferative activity is related to the inhibition of tubulin polymerization. ..
- Hartl F, Bracher A, Hayer Hartl M. Molecular chaperones in protein folding and proteostasis. Nature. 2011;475:324-32 pubmed publisher..Interventions in these and numerous other pathological states may spring from a detailed understanding of the pathways underlying proteome maintenance. ..
- Werner A, Skakun V, Ziegelmuller P, Hahn U. A fluorescence correlation spectroscopy-based enzyme assay for human Dicer. Biol Chem. 2012;393:187-93 pubmed publisher..An FCS-based enzyme assay is proposed, which allows monitoring of Dicer activity with high specificity in vitro. ..
- Werwein E, Schmedt T, Hoffmann H, Usadel C, Obermann N, Singer J, et al. B-Myb promotes S-phase independently of its sequence-specific DNA binding activity and interacts with polymerase delta-interacting protein 1 (Pdip1). Cell Cycle. 2012;11:4047-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our work suggests a novel role for B-Myb in S-phase that appears to be independent of its sequence-specific DNA-binding activity and its ability to stimulate the expression of bona fide B-Myb target genes. ..
- Reinauer C, Meissner T, Roden M, Thon A, Holterhus P, Haberland H, et al. Low prevalence of patients with mitochondrial disease in the German/Austrian DPV diabetes registry. Eur J Pediatr. 2016;175:613-22 pubmed publisher..Juvenile DMO patients exhibited dyslipidemia, higher triglycerides and a lower BMI than peers with T1D or T2D, while some patients also showed retinal changes. ..
- Stoppe G, Sandholzer H, Staedt J, Winter S, Kiefer J, Ruther E. Sleep disturbances in the demented elderly: treatment in ambulatory care. Sleep. 1995;18:844-8 pubmed..The reason for this seems to be a lack of education in sleep medicine and also in geriatric medicine. ..
- Paul R, Hu B, Musahl C, Hameister H, Knippers R. Coding sequence and chromosome mapping of the human gene (CDC46) for replication protein hCdc46/Mcm5. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;73:317-21 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation experiments with hCdc46-specific antibodies confirm that essentially all nuclear hCdc46 proteins form a stable dimeric complex with protein P1Mcm3. ..
- Zisimopoulou P, Staib C, Nanda I, Schmid M, Grummt F. Mouse homolog of the yeast origin recognition complex subunit ORC1 and chromosomal localization of the cognate mouse gene Orc1. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;260:295-9 pubmed..Conservation of structures among members of the ORC1-related proteins suggests that these proteins play a key role in the intiation of DNA replication in all eukaryotes. ..
- Kleines M, Gartner A, Ritter K, Schaade L. Cloning and expression of the human single copy homologue of the mouse zinc finger protein zfr. Gene. 2001;275:157-62 pubmed..Highest levels of transcripts were found in brain. hzfr transcripts could not be detected in skeletal muscle. ..
- Gelbmann C, Rogler G, Gierend M, Gross V, Scholmerich J, Andus T. Association of HLA-DR genotypes and IL-1ra gene polymorphism with treatment failure of budesonide and disease patterns in Crohn's disease. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2001;13:1431-7 pubmed..This is the first description of an association of a certain HLA-DR genotype (HLA-DR 8) with treatment failure in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). ..
- Strive T, Borst E, Messerle M, Radsak K. Proteolytic processing of human cytomegalovirus glycoprotein B is dispensable for viral growth in culture. J Virol. 2002;76:1252-64 pubmed..Extracellular mutant virus contained exclusively uncleaved gB, indicating that proteolytic processing of gB is dispensable for viral replication in cell culture. ..
- Soehle M, Wallenfang T. Spinal epidural abscesses: clinical manifestations, prognostic factors, and outcomes. Neurosurgery. 2002;51:79-85; discussion 86-7 pubmed..In addition to abscess locations and motor deficits, inflammatory markers such as WBC counts and C-reactive protein levels are prognostic for outcomes. ..
- Mohn R. [Medical reflections on the Cranach altar in the St. Wolfgang church at Schneeberg/Saxony]. Hautarzt. 2002;53:622-4 pubmed..For iconographical reasons and because of the very early time of its creation around 1530, the deliberate representation of such a diagnosis, at least for Schneeberg, seems doubtful...
- Niedernberg A, Scherer C, Busch A, Kostenis E. Comparative analysis of human and rat S1P(5) (edg8): differential expression profiles and sensitivities to antagonists. Biochem Pharmacol. 2002;64:1243-50 pubmed..Taken together, our data imply that differences between hS1P(5) and rS1P(5) will be an important point to be considered in the development of selective receptor antagonists. ..
- Fargeas C, Florek M, Huttner W, Corbeil D. Characterization of prominin-2, a new member of the prominin family of pentaspan membrane glycoproteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8586-96 pubmed..Finally, we present evidence for the existence of a family of pentaspan membrane proteins, the prominins, which are conserved in evolution. ..
- Kreft S, Nassal M. hRUL138, a novel human RNA-binding RING-H2 ubiquitin-protein ligase. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:605-16 pubmed..The combined presence of RNA binding and E3 activity in hRUL138 raises the possibility that both are mechanistically linked. ..
- Engert A, Schiller P, Josting A, Herrmann R, Koch P, Sieber M, et al. Involved-field radiotherapy is equally effective and less toxic compared with extended-field radiotherapy after four cycles of chemotherapy in patients with early-stage unfavorable Hodgkin's lymphoma: results of the HD8 trial of the German Hodgkin's . J Clin Oncol. 2003;21:3601-8 pubmed..Radiotherapy volume size reduction from EF to IF after COPP + ABVD chemotherapy for two cycles produces similar results and less toxicity in patients with early-stage unfavorable HD. ..
- Schmutzler C, Hoang Vu C, Rüger B, Köhrle J. Human thyroid carcinoma cell lines show different retinoic acid receptor repertoires and retinoid responses. Eur J Endocrinol. 2004;150:547-56 pubmed..However, tumor-specific RAR repertoires need to be analyzed as a prerequisite for successful intervention with appropriate, probably receptor-selective retinoids. ..
- Walach H. Entangled--and tied in knots! Practical consequences of an entanglement model for homeopathic research and practice. Homeopathy. 2005;94:96-9 pubmed..Experimental proof of entanglement can only come indirectly. The implications for clinical research include that positive results will probably be found only in large series and that studies should avoid imposing a causal framework. ..
- Preuss S, Veelken F, Galldiks N, Klussmann J, Neugebauer P, Nolden Hoverath S, et al. A rare differential diagnosis in dysphagia: wound botulism. Laryngoscope. 2006;116:831-2 pubmed..Because patients presenting with dysarthria and dysphagia will often be seen by an ear, nose and throat specialist initially, this rare but upcoming neurologic disease must be considered in the differential diagnoses. ..
- Baumann I, Baumann H. A new classification of septal deviations. Rhinology. 2007;45:220-3 pubmed..The systematic assessment of relevant structures may help to develop improved surgical strategies. Furthermore, the systematic teaching of young surgeons to perform septal surgery may be facilitated. ..
- Markl G, Strunz Lehner C, Egen Lappe V, Lack N, Hasford J. The association of psychosocial factors with nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2008;29:17-22 pubmed publisher..34 KI [0.24-0.49]) compared to women who did not work. Psychosocial variables have a clear influence on nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Physicians should be aware of this fact when seeing women asking for treatment. ..
- Baezner H, Blahak C, Poggesi A, Pantoni L, Inzitari D, Chabriat H, et al. Association of gait and balance disorders with age-related white matter changes: the LADIS study. Neurology. 2008;70:935-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a strong association between the severity of age-related white matter changes and the severity of gait and motor compromise. Physical activity might have the potential to reduce the risk of limitations in mobility. ..
- Berger A, Munk C, Schweizer M, Cichutek K, Schüle S, Flory E. Interaction of Vpx and apolipoprotein B mRNA-editing catalytic polypeptide 3 family member A (APOBEC3A) correlates with efficient lentivirus infection of monocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12248-54 pubmed publisher..A single-point mutation in Vpx (H82A) abrogated binding to A3A and single-round infection of monocytes by HIV-1. Taken together, our data indicate that lentiviral Vpx counteracts A3A in human monocytes. ..
- Khazaei M, Bunk E, Hillje A, Jahn H, Riegler E, Knoblich J, et al. The E3-ubiquitin ligase TRIM2 regulates neuronal polarization. J Neurochem. 2011;117:29-37 pubmed publisher..TRIM2 conducts its function during neuronal polarization by ubiquitination of the neurofilament light chain. Together, our results imply an important function of TRIM2 for axon outgrowth during development. ..
- Adam O, Theobald K, Lavall D, Grube M, Kroemer H, Ameling S, et al. Increased lysyl oxidase expression and collagen cross-linking during atrial fibrillation. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;50:678-85 pubmed publisher..In cardiac fibroblasts, Rac1 GTPase mediates upregulation of fibronectin via LOX and CTGF. Inhibition of this signaling pathway may therefore represent a target for the prevention of fibrotic atrial remodeling. ..
- Barzantny H, Schröder J, Strotmeier J, Fredrich E, Brune I, Tauch A. The transcriptional regulatory network of Corynebacterium jeikeium K411 and its interaction with metabolic routes contributing to human body odor formation. J Biotechnol. 2012;159:235-48 pubmed publisher..jeikeium. This study provides the first genome-scale in silico analysis of the transcriptional regulation of metabolism in a lipophilic bacterium involved in the formation of human body odor. ..
- Baumann R, Rabaszowski M, Stenin I, Tilgner L, Scheckenbach K, Wiltfang J, et al. Comparison of the nasal release of IL-4, IL-10, IL-17, CCL13/MCP-4, and CCL26/eotaxin-3 in allergic rhinitis during season and after allergen challenge. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2013;27:266-72 pubmed publisher..Nasal IL-17, MCP-4, and, possibly, eotaxin-3 may aggravate and IL-10 may alleviate nasal mucosal allergy. ..
- LÃ¸kkegaard A, Herz D, Haagensen B, Lorentzen A, Eickhoff S, Siebner H. Altered sensorimotor activation patterns in idiopathic dystonia-an activation likelihood estimation meta-analysis of functional brain imaging studies. Hum Brain Mapp. 2016;37:547-57 pubmed publisher..Hum Brain Mapp 37:547-557, 2016. Â© 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Liese J, Peveling Oberhag J, Doering C, Schnitzbauer A, Herrmann E, Zangos S, et al. A possible role of microRNAs as predictive markers for the recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma after liver transplantation. Transpl Int. 2016;29:369-80 pubmed publisher..Our analysis indicated that the use of a specific miRNA expression pattern in combination with a limited tumour burden as defined by the Milan criteria may lead to a more accurate prediction of tumour recurrence. ..
- Ban D, Smith C, de Groot B, Griesinger C, Lee D. Recent advances in measuring the kinetics of biomolecules by NMR relaxation dispersion spectroscopy. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;628:81-91 pubmed publisher..Here, we highlight new relaxation dispersion NMR techniques that serve to cover this "hidden-time" window up to hundreds of nanoseconds that achieve atomic resolution while studying the molecule under physiological conditions. ..
- Upadhyay A, Stehling O, Panayiotou C, Rösser R, Lill R, Overby A. Cellular requirements for iron-sulfur cluster insertion into the antiviral radical SAM protein viperin. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13879-13889 pubmed publisher..Collectively, viperin maturation represents a novel CIA pathway with a minimal requirement of the CIA-targeting factors and represents a new paradigm for the insertion of the Fe/S cofactor into a radical SAM protein. ..
- Twigger A, Scheel C. Advances in stem cells and regenerative medicine: single-cell dynamics, new models and translational perspectives. Development. 2017;144:3007-3011 pubmed publisher..This Meeting Review highlights the novel insights into stem cell regulation, new technologies aiding in discovery and exciting breakthroughs in the field of regenerative medicine that emerged from the meeting. ..
- Jennissen H. Ubiquitin and the enigma of intracellular protein degradation. Eur J Biochem. 1995;231:1-30 pubmed
- Weber A, Wienker T, Jung M, Easton D, Dean H, Heinrichs C, et al. Linkage of the gene for the triple A syndrome to chromosome 12q13 near the type II keratin gene cluster. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:2061-6 pubmed..This region harbors the type II keratin gene cluster, and potential candidate genes include SCN8A and HOXC genes. ..
- Greil W, Ludwig Mayerhofer W, Erazo N, Engel R, Czernik A, Giedke H, et al. Lithium vs carbamazepine in the maintenance treatment of schizoaffective disorder: a randomised study. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1997;247:42-50 pubmed..However, in subgroups with depressive or schizophrenia-like features and regarding its long-term tolerability carbamazepine seems to be superior. ..
- Burger R, Guenther A, Bakker F, Schmalzing M, Bernand S, Baum W, et al. Gp130 and ras mediated signaling in human plasma cell line INA-6: a cytokine-regulated tumor model for plasmacytoma. Hematol J. 2001;2:42-53 pubmed..The INA-6 cell line provides a preclinical model to study growth regulation of human plasmacytoma cells and to evaluate novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- Fleischer J, Grage Griebenow E, Kasper B, Heine H, Ernst M, Brandt E, et al. Platelet factor 4 inhibits proliferation and cytokine release of activated human T cells. J Immunol. 2002;169:770-7 pubmed..Taken together, our results show that specific binding of PF-4, resulting in the down-regulation of the IL-2-release correlates with the inhibition of functions in activated T cells. ..
- Lehmann U, Schmitz J, Weissenbach M, Sobota R, Hortner M, Friederichs K, et al. SHP2 and SOCS3 contribute to Tyr-759-dependent attenuation of interleukin-6 signaling through gp130. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:661-71 pubmed..These data suggest, that there are two, largely distinct modes of negative regulation of gp130 activity, despite the fact that both SOCS3 and SHP2 are recruited to the same site within gp130. ..
- Tasci S, Glasmacher A, Lentini S, Tschubel K, Ewig S, Molitor E, et al. Pseudomembranous and obstructive Aspergillus tracheobronchitis - optimal diagnostic strategy and outcome. Mycoses. 2006;49:37-42 pubmed..Prognosis of PMATB and OATB remains poor. Microscopy of respiratory specimens is the most sensitive tool to confirm the diagnosis. The characteristic appearance of the disease makes it possible to start antifungal therapy immediately. ..
- Paul M, Gerss J, Schulze Bahr E, Wichter T, Vahlhaus C, Wilde A, et al. Role of programmed ventricular stimulation in patients with Brugada syndrome: a meta-analysis of worldwide published data. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:2126-33 pubmed..The role of programmed ventricular stimulation (PVS) in risk stratification has been controversially discussed. Therefore, we performed a meta-analysis on the prognostic role of PVS in BS...
- Morgenthaler N, Muller B, Struck J, Bergmann A, Redl H, Christ Crain M. Copeptin, a stable peptide of the arginine vasopressin precursor, is elevated in hemorrhagic and septic shock. Shock. 2007;28:219-26 pubmed..The availability of a reliable assay for the measurement of AVP release can also prove useful for the assessment of fluid and osmosis status in various diseases. ..
- Henke N, Schmidt Ullrich R, Dechend R, Park J, Qadri F, Wellner M, et al. Vascular endothelial cell-specific NF-kappaB suppression attenuates hypertension-induced renal damage. Circ Res. 2007;101:268-76 pubmed..We conclude that in vivo NF-kappaB suppression in endothelial cells stops a signaling cascade leading to reduced hypertension-induced renal damage despite high blood pressure...
- Holzapfel C, Klopp N, Grallert H, Huth C, Gieger C, Meisinger C, et al. Genetic variants in the leukemia-associated Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor (ARHGEF12) gene are not associated with T2DM and related parameters in Caucasians (KORA study). Eur J Endocrinol. 2007;157:R1-5 pubmed..There is no evidence in the Caucasian KORA study that variants of the LARG gene confer susceptibility for T2DM, insulin sensitivity, or the MetS. ..
- Wehmeier P, Dittmann R, Schacht A, Minarzyk A, Lehmann M, Sevecke K, et al. Effectiveness of atomoxetine and quality of life in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder as perceived by patients, parents, and physicians in an open-label study. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2007;17:813-30 pubmed publisher..Results from the GIPD suggest that patient quality of life improves with time on atomoxetine. The effectiveness of atomoxetine in an open-label study was very similar to the effectiveness shown in placebo-controlled trials. ..
- Pfefferle R, Marcuzzi G, Akgul B, Kasper H, Schulze F, Haase I, et al. The human papillomavirus type 8 E2 protein induces skin tumors in transgenic mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2310-5 pubmed publisher..The histology of skin cancers in HPV8-E2 mice is reminiscent of a subset of highly aggressive squamous cell carcinoma in immunosuppressed transplant recipients with a massive spindle-cell component. ..
- Encke B, Heydecke G, Wolkewitz M, Strub J. Results of a prospective randomized controlled trial of posterior ZrSiO(4)-ceramic crowns. J Oral Rehabil. 2009;36:226-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Everest HPC crowns with an adequate occlusal tooth reduction of >1.5 mm are suitable for posterior restorations, but the marginal fit shows a potential for improvement...
- Picker S, Schneider V, Gathof B. Platelet function assessed by shear-induced deposition of split triple-dose apheresis concentrates treated with pathogen reduction technologies. Transfusion. 2009;49:1224-32 pubmed publisher..The impact of this finding for PLT function and thrombogenesis in vivo must await clinical evaluation. ..
- Wenzel S, Martins B, Rosch P, Wohrl B. Crystal structure of the human transcription elongation factor DSIF hSpt4 subunit in complex with the hSpt5 dimerization interface. Biochem J. 2009;425:373-80 pubmed publisher..However, exchanging the glutamine for glutamate proved not to be sufficient to induce hSpt4 binding. ..
- Neuland C, Bitter T, Marschner H, Gudziol H, Guntinas Lichius O. Health-related and specific olfaction-related quality of life in patients with chronic functional anosmia or severe hyposmia. Laryngoscope. 2011;121:867-72 pubmed publisher..05). QoL is severely impaired in patients with chronic severe hyposmia or anosmia. The QOD allows a more olfaction-specific assessment of QoL than the SF-36 instrument. ..
- Scheerle R, Grassmann J, Letzel T. Real-time ESI-MS of enzymatic conversion: impact of organic solvents and multiplexing. Anal Sci. 2012;28:607-12 pubmed..The results provide an overview about the susceptibility of the selected enzymes towards diverse factors and a reference point for many applications in analytical chemistry and biotechnology. ..
- Singer S, Dieng S, Wesselmann S. Psycho-oncological care in certified cancer centres--a nationwide analysis in Germany. Psychooncology. 2013;22:1435-7 pubmed publisher..7% in colon cancer centres and 25.4% in lung cancer centres received psycho-oncological care. Compared with non-certified centres, the proportion of patients receiving psycho-oncological care in certified cancer centres has increased. ..
- Boersema P, Geiger T, Wisniewski J, Mann M. Quantification of the N-glycosylated secretome by super-SILAC during breast cancer progression and in human blood samples. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:158-71 pubmed publisher..The combination of quantifying the secretome of cancer cell lines and of human plasma with a super-SILAC approach appears to be a promising new approach for finding markers of disease. ..
- Günther K, Rust M, Leers J, Boettger T, Scharfe M, Jarek M, et al. Differential roles for MBD2 and MBD3 at methylated CpG islands, active promoters and binding to exon sequences. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:3010-21 pubmed publisher..Most strikingly, MBD3 is enriched at active promoters, whereas MBD2 is bound at methylated promoters and enriched at exon sequences of active genes. ..
- Hentschel A, Livesley W. The General Assessment of Personality Disorder (GAPD): factor structure, incremental validity of self-pathology, and relations to DSM-IV personality disorders. J Pers Assess. 2013;95:479-85 pubmed publisher..Self Pathology scales of the GAPD increased the predictive validity of the Interpersonal Pathology scales of the GAPD. The GAPD scales showed a moderate to high correlation for 9 of 12 DSM-IV personality disorders. ..
- Hämmerle M, Gutschner T, Uckelmann H, Ozgur S, Fiskin E, Gross M, et al. Posttranscriptional destabilization of the liver-specific long noncoding RNA HULC by the IGF2 mRNA-binding protein 1 (IGF2BP1). Hepatology. 2013;58:1703-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide important insights into the regulation of lncRNA expression and identify a novel function for IGF2BP1 in RNA metabolism. ..
- Bittermann G, ThÃ¶nissen P, Poxleitner P, Zimmerer R, Vach K, Metzger M. Microvascular transplants in head and neck reconstruction: 3D evaluation of volume loss. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:1319-24 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that a volume loss of more than 30% could be expected one or more years after latissimus dorsi free flap reconstruction. Clinical trial number DRKS00007534. ..
- Hohnloser S, Cappato R, Ezekowitz M, Evers T, Sahin K, Kirchhof P, et al. Patient-reported treatment satisfaction and budget impact with rivaroxaban vs. standard therapy in elective cardioversion of atrial fibrillation: a post hoc analysis of the X-VeRT trial. Europace. 2016;18:184-90 pubmed publisher..The use of rivaroxaban in the setting of cardioversion resulted in greater patient satisfaction and cost savings, compared with that of VKA. ..
- Neill T, Schaefer L, Iozzo R. Decorin as a multivalent therapeutic agent against cancer. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016;97:174-85 pubmed publisher..Decorin suppresses tumorigenic growth, angiogenesis, and prevents metastatic lesions in a variety of in vitro and in vivo tumor models. Therefore, decorin would be an ideal therapeutic candidate for combating solid malignancies. ..
- Flechtner H, Fischer F, Albers P, Hartmann M, Siener R. Quality-of-Life Analysis of the German Prospective Multicentre Trial of Single-cycle Adjuvant BEP Versus Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection in Clinical Stage I Nonseminomatous Germ Cell Tumours. Eur Urol. 2016;69:518-25 pubmed publisher..Quality of life had already recovered to normal levels in both groups by 6 mo after treatment. No clinically relevant differences were detected. ..
- Konig B, Seehaus B, Bangsow T, Oberthür A, Henninger J, Weber P, et al. Cloning and characterization of a porcine protein kinase gene and relationship to a class of heat shock proteins. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:1365-72 pubmed..These findings suggest that these proteins are either identical or represent a family of closely related proteins. ..
- Bukau B, Horwich A. The Hsp70 and Hsp60 chaperone machines. Cell. 1998;92:351-66 pubmed
- Juergens U, Stober M, Vetter H. The anti-inflammatory activity of L-menthol compared to mint oil in human monocytes in vitro: a novel perspective for its therapeutic use in inflammatory diseases. Eur J Med Res. 1998;3:539-45 pubmed..Therefore, clinical trials investigating the potential therapeutic efficacy of L-menthol for treatment of chronic inflammatory disorders such as bronchial asthma, colitis and allergic rhinitis seem worthwhile. ..
- Siebertz B, Stocker G, Drzeniek Z, Handt S, Just U, Haubeck H. Expression of glypican-4 in haematopoietic-progenitor and bone-marrow-stromal cells. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 3:937-43 pubmed..Furthermore, GPC-4-positive progenitor cells and stromal cells were enriched from normal human bone marrow by magnetic-cell sorting and analysed by confocal laser-scanning microscopy. ..
- MUSCHEN M, Rajewsky K, Bräuninger A, Baur A, Oudejans J, Roers A, et al. Rare occurrence of classical Hodgkin's disease as a T cell lymphoma. J Exp Med. 2000;191:387-94 pubmed..In a third case, however, H/RS cells were derived from a T cell, demonstrating that cHD can also occur as a T cell lymphoma. ..
- Yassin A, Rainey F, Mendrock U, Brzezinka H, Schaal K. Nocardia abscessus sp. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2000;50 Pt 4:1487-93 pubmed..is proposed for these organisms represented by strain IMMIB D-1592T (= DSM 44432T). Strain IMMIB D-1592T exhibits 56.8 and 60.0% DNA-DNA relatedness to Nocardia asteroides ATCC 19247T and Nocardia paucivorans DSM 44386T, respectively. ..
- Brandenburg K, Jurgens G, Muller M, Fukuoka S, Koch M. Biophysical characterization of lipopolysaccharide and lipid A inactivation by lactoferrin. Biol Chem. 2001;382:1215-25 pubmed..Based on these results, a model for the mechanisms of endotoxin inactivation by LF is proposed. ..
- Lakowski B, Eimer S, Göbel C, Böttcher A, Wagler B, Baumeister R. Two suppressors of sel-12 encode C2H2 zinc-finger proteins that regulate presenilin transcription in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 2003;130:2117-28 pubmed
- Dörmer P, Spitzer E, Frankenberger M, Kremmer E. Erythroid differentiation regulator (EDR), a novel, highly conserved factor I. Induction of haemoglobin synthesis in erythroleukaemic cells. Cytokine. 2004;26:231-42 pubmed..In view of the broad range of EDR-expressing tissues the function obviously exceeds haemoglobin synthesis induction. Involvement in cell survival and growth control has been observed and will be dealt with in detail elsewhere. ..
- Muhlenhoff U, Balk J, Richhardt N, Kaiser J, Sipos K, Kispal G, et al. Functional characterization of the eukaryotic cysteine desulfurase Nfs1p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36906-15 pubmed..The implication of these findings for the structural stability of Nfs1p and for its targeting mechanism to mitochondria and cytosol/nucleus will be discussed. ..
- Slawik M, Reisch N, Zwermann O, Maser Gluth C, Stahl M, Klink A, et al. Characterization of an adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) receptor promoter polymorphism leading to decreased adrenal responsiveness to ACTH. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:3131-7 pubmed..This polymorphism might influence cortisol homeostasis under stress conditions. ..
- Woiciechowsky C, Schöning B, Stoltenburg Didinger G, Stockhammer F, Volk H. Brain-IL-1 beta triggers astrogliosis through induction of IL-6: inhibition by propranolol and IL-10. Med Sci Monit. 2004;10:BR325-30 pubmed..Accordingly, blockade of the IL-beta-induced IL-6 release by IL-10 and propranolol decreases GFAP expression. ..
- Voisard R, Viola S, Kaspar V, Weber C, von Muller L, Baur R, et al. Effects of mycophenolate mofetil on key pattern of coronary restenosis: a cascade of in vitro and ex vivo models. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2005;5:9 pubmed..A cascade of focused in vitro and ex vivo models may help to gather informations on drug effects before large experimental studies are initiated. ..
- Goebeler V, Ruhe D, Gerke V, Rescher U. Annexin A8 displays unique phospholipid and F-actin binding properties. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2430-4 pubmed..These properties suggest a role of annexin A8 in the organization of certain actin-associated membrane domains. ..