Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Germany
Publications3093 found, 100 shown here
- von Schnakenburg C, Enke B, Jurgens K, Offner G. [Pseudo-Acanthosis nigricans in a 12 year old boy after kidney transplantation]. Klin Padiatr. 2001;213:288-9 pubmed..Cutaneous lesions under immunosuppressive therapy require a specific diagnostic approach. We present the case of a 12 year old boy who developed pseudo-acanthosis nigricans 3 months after renal transplantation...
- Iftner T, Elbel M, Schopp B, Hiller T, Loizou J, Caldecott K, et al. Interference of papillomavirus E6 protein with single-strand break repair by interaction with XRCC1. EMBO J. 2002;21:4741-8 pubmed..These data identify a novel link between small DNA tumour viruses and DNA repair pathways, and suggest a novel explanation for the development of genomic instability in tissue cells persistently infected with papillomaviruses. ..
- Bossaller L, Burger J, Draeger R, Grimbacher B, Knoth R, Plebani A, et al. ICOS deficiency is associated with a severe reduction of CXCR5+CD4 germinal center Th cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:4927-32 pubmed
- Oldenburg O, Faber L, Vogt J, Dorszewski A, Szabados F, Horstkotte D, et al. Influence of cardiac resynchronisation therapy on different types of sleep disordered breathing. Eur J Heart Fail. 2007;9:820-6 pubmed..In patients with severe HF eligible for CRT, CSA is common and can be influenced by CRT, this improvement depends on good clinical and haemodynamic response to CRT. ..
- Fraitzl C, Käfer W, Nelitz M, Reichel H. Radiological evidence of femoroacetabular impingement in mild slipped capital femoral epiphysis: a mean follow-up of 14.4 years after pinning in situ. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2007;89:1592-6 pubmed
- Thomae A, Pich D, Brocher J, Spindler M, Berens C, Hock R, et al. Interaction between HMGA1a and the origin recognition complex creates site-specific replication origins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:1692-7 pubmed publisher..Our experiments indicate that chromatin proteins can target ORC to DNA, suggesting they might specify origins of DNA replication in metazoan cells. ..
- Kennerknecht I, Ho N, Wong V. Prevalence of hereditary prosopagnosia (HPA) in Hong Kong Chinese population. Am J Med Genet A. 2008;146A:2863-70 pubmed publisher..Each had other first-degree relatives with the same visual cognitive dysfunction. Thus, as in the Caucasians, regular autosomal dominant inheritance might best explain the segregation pattern. ..
- Kruse R, Eigelshoven S, Kaiser A, Ruzicka T, Neumann N. Cytokeratin 18 expression in immature Sertoli cells: co-localization with interstitial lymphocytic infiltrates. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2009;47:127-30 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we observed a remarkable co-localization of these tubules with lymphocytic infiltrates of the adjacent interstitial tissue. ..
- Koessler J, Kobsar A, Rajkovic M, Schafer A, Flierl U, Pfoertsch S, et al. The new INNOVANCE® PFA P2Y cartridge is sensitive to the detection of the P2Y?? receptor inhibition. Platelets. 2011;22:20-7 pubmed publisher..Its predictive value for risk assessment of thromboembolic events, e.g. after coronary stent implantation, needs to be evaluated in clinical trials. ..
- Eberl H, Mann M, Vermeulen M. Quantitative proteomics for epigenetics. Chembiochem. 2011;12:224-34 pubmed publisher..We provide an up-to-date review of modern quantitative proteomic technology and its applications in the field of epigenetics. ..
- Martens S, Sadowski J, Eckstein F, Bartus K, Kapelak B, Sievers H, et al. Clinical experience with the ATS 3f Enable® Sutureless Bioprosthesis. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2011;40:749-55 pubmed publisher..Valve implantation resulted in excellent hemodynamics and significant clinical improvement. Overall, these data confirm the safety and clinical utility of the Enable® Bioprosthesis for aortic valve replacement. ..
- Herbert B, Muth E, Pollatos O, Herbert C. Interoception across modalities: on the relationship between cardiac awareness and the sensitivity for gastric functions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36646 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that cardiac awareness is related to greater sensitivity for gastric functions, suggesting that there is a general sensitivity for interoceptive processes across the gastric and cardiac modality. ..
- Eberlein U, Lassmann M. Dosimetry of [??Ga]-labeled compounds. Appl Radiat Isot. 2013;76:70-4 pubmed publisher..More and better documented dosimetry data will further promote the use of these promising new agents. ..
- Sommer S, Marckmann G, Pentzek M, Wegscheider K, Abholz H, In der Schmitten J. Advance directives in nursing homes: prevalence, validity, significance, and nursing staff adherence. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2012;109:577-83 pubmed publisher..Advance care planning, a system-oriented concept still uncommon in Germany, could give new impulses to promote a cultural change in this respect. ..
- Bartok E, Bauernfeind F, Khaminets M, Jakobs C, Monks B, Fitzgerald K, et al. iGLuc: a luciferase-based inflammasome and protease activity reporter. Nat Methods. 2013;10:147-154 pubmed publisher..The high sensitivity, signal-to-background ratio and specificity of the iGLuc system renders it a useful tool to study proteolytic events in mouse and human cells at high throughput and to monitor protease activity in mice in vivo. ..
- Laakso M, Rosenstock J, Groop P, Barnett A, Gallwitz B, Hehnke U, et al. Treatment with the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor linagliptin or placebo followed by glimepiride in patients with type 2 diabetes with moderate to severe renal impairment: a 52-week, randomized, double-blind clinical trial. Diabetes Care. 2015;38:e15-7 pubmed publisher
- Grosse Wentrup M, Janzing D, Siegel M, SchÃ¶lkopf B. Identification of causal relations in neuroimaging data with latent confounders: An instrumental variable approach. Neuroimage. 2016;125:825-833 pubmed publisher..We provide an algorithm to test these conditions on empirical data, and illustrate its performance on simulated as well as on experimentally recorded EEG data. ..
- Kreuter M, Vansteenkiste J, Fischer J, Eberhardt W, Zabeck H, Kollmeier J, et al. Three-Year Follow-Up of a Randomized Phase II Trial on Refinement of Early-Stage NSCLC Adjuvant Chemotherapy with Cisplatin and Pemetrexed versus Cisplatin and Vinorelbine (the TREAT Study). J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:85-93 pubmed publisher..Although adjuvant chemotherapy with CPx is safe and characterized by less toxicity and better dose delivery than CVb, overall survival was not influenced by treatment arm in the context of this phase II trial. ..
- Stross C, Shimakami T, Haselow K, Ahmad M, Zeuzem S, Lange C, et al. Natural HCV variants with increased replicative fitness due to NS3 helicase mutations in the C-terminal helix Î±18. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19526 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest sequence diversity with implications for virus replicative fitness due to natural variants in helicase helix Î±18. ..
- Herber B, Truss M, Beato M, Muller R. Inducible regulatory elements in the human cyclin D1 promoter. Oncogene. 1994;9:1295-304 pubmed..Cotransfection experiments showed that the cyclin D1 promoter is inducible by c-Jun, and that this induction is mediated predominantly through the protected putative CRE at -52. ..
- Giritch A, Herbik A, Balzer H, Ganal M, Stephan U, Bäumlein H. A root-specific iron-regulated gene of tomato encodes a lysyl-tRNA-synthetase-like protein. Eur J Biochem. 1997;244:310-7 pubmed..This iron-dependent regulation is superimposed upon a strict root specificity of gene expression. Possible functions of the gene product other than in protein biosynthesis will be discussed. ..
- Seifert H, Dietrich C, Schmitt T, Caspary W, Wehrmann T. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided one-step transmural drainage of cystic abdominal lesions with a large-channel echo endoscope. Endoscopy. 2000;32:255-9 pubmed..One-step drainage using the new 7-F stent-over-needle device was effective for six cystic lesions of variable origin. ..
- Breyer Pfaff U, Mey U, Green M, Tephly T. Comparative N-glucuronidation kinetics of ketotifen and amitriptyline by expressed human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and liver microsomes. Drug Metab Dispos. 2000;28:869-72 pubmed
- Krueger M, Nauck M, Sang S, Hentschel R, Wieland H, Berner R. Cord blood levels of interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 for the immediate diagnosis of early-onset infection in premature infants. Biol Neonate. 2001;80:118-23 pubmed..In premature infants, the diagnosis of an early-onset infection can be established or ruled out with a high level of confidence by measuring IL-6 or IL-8 levels from cord blood using a random access chemiluminescence assay. ..
- Elssner A, Jaumann F, Wolf W, Schwaiblmair M, Behr J, Furst H, et al. Bronchial epithelial cell B7-1 and B7-2 mRNA expression after lung transplantation: a role in allograft rejection?. Eur Respir J. 2002;20:165-9 pubmed..In summary, B7 messenger ribonucleic acid expression by bronchial epithelial cells may play a role in (chronic) lung allograft rejection. ..
- Hoffmann J, Dimmeler S, Haendeler J. Shear stress increases the amount of S-nitrosylated molecules in endothelial cells: important role for signal transduction. FEBS Lett. 2003;551:153-8 pubmed..These data suggest that long term exposure to shear stress exerts its different atheroprotective effects at least in part via increased S-nitrosylation of specific signaling proteins. ..
- Wunderlich M, Stolz E, Seidel G, Postert T, Gahn G, Sliwka U, et al. Conservative medical treatment and intravenous thrombolysis in acute stroke from carotid T occlusion. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2005;20:355-61 pubmed..Early recanalization is associated with a better functional outcome. ..
- Leising D, Sporberg D, Rehbein D. Characteristic interpersonal behavior in dependent and avoidant personality disorder can be observed within very short interaction sequences. J Pers Disord. 2006;20:319-30 pubmed..Results are discussed with regard to their implications for clinical diagnostics, therapy and the methodology of personality disorder research in general. ..
- Korndörfer I, Brueckner F, Skerra A. The crystal structure of the human (S100A8/S100A9)2 heterotetramer, calprotectin, illustrates how conformational changes of interacting alpha-helices can determine specific association of two EF-hand proteins. J Mol Biol. 2007;370:887-98 pubmed..This structural feature explains the well known Zn(2+) binding activity of calprotectin, whose overexpression can cause strong dysregulation of zinc homeostasis with severe clinical symptoms. ..
- Bürkle T, Beisig A, Ganslmayer M, Prokosch H. A randomized controlled trial to evaluate an electronic scoring tool in the ICU. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2008;136:279-84 pubmed..A tablet PC with a standalone scoring application for TISS, SAPS2 and Apache 2 was supplied. We measured considerable time savings and higher score values when the computer application is used. ..
- Bollinger T, Bollinger A, Skrum L, Dimitrov S, Lange T, Solbach W. Sleep-dependent activity of T cells and regulatory T cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009;155:231-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first study in human cells to show that nT(reg) number and function follow a rhythm across the 24-h period. Furthermore, sleep deprivation severely disturbs the functional rhythm of nT(reg) and CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells. ..
- Danzer K, Krebs S, Wolff M, Birk G, Hengerer B. Seeding induced by alpha-synuclein oligomers provides evidence for spreading of alpha-synuclein pathology. J Neurochem. 2009;111:192-203 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that extracellular alpha-syn oligomers can induce intracellular alpha-syn aggregation, therefore we hypothesize that a similar mechanism might lead to alpha-syn pathology propagation. ..
- Arias Carrión O, Murillo Rodriguez E. Cell transplantation: a future therapy for narcolepsy?. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2009;8:309-14 pubmed..This article reviews the current understanding of narcolepsy and discusses the opportunity to explore the potential use of transplants as a therapeutical tool in order to treat narcolepsy. ..
- Cortese Krott M, Münchow M, Pirev E, Hessner F, Bozkurt A, Uciechowski P, et al. Silver ions induce oxidative stress and intracellular zinc release in human skin fibroblasts. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;47:1570-7 pubmed publisher..The understanding of the mechanism involved in silver toxicity might contribute to new strategies for managing the therapy of skin infections. ..
- Gollwitzer H, Gerdesmeyer L, Horn C, Diehl P, Töpfer A, Gradinger R. 8-year follow-up after cementless hip arthroplasty with a second generation spongy metal total hip replacement. Hip Int. 2009;19:359-66 pubmed..We report excellent survival rates of the cementless spongy metal hip arthroplasty at a mean follow-up of eight years, particularly considering the young age of many of the patients...
- Zellner M, Madersbacher H, Palmtag H, Stöhrer M, Bödeker R. Trospium chloride and oxybutynin hydrochloride in a german study of adults with urinary urge incontinence: results of a 12-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, flexible-dose noninferiority trial. Clin Ther. 2009;31:2519-39 pubmed publisher..German Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices Registration Number 4022383. ..
- Eisert W, Hauel N, Stangier J, Wienen W, Clemens A, van Ryn J. Dabigatran: an oral novel potent reversible nonpeptide inhibitor of thrombin. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1885-9 pubmed publisher..For the first time, it has been demonstrated clinically that there may be an effective and safe alternative to warfarin. ..
- Jacob C, Jamier V, Ba L. Redox active secondary metabolites. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2011;15:149-55 pubmed publisher..Together, these redox-modulating metabolites provide promising new leads to target selectively certain cancer cells. They may also be useful in the treatment of autoinflammatory diseases. ..
- List J, Duning T, Meinzer M, Kürten J, Schirmacher A, Deppe M, et al. Enhanced rapid-onset cortical plasticity in CADASIL as a possible mechanism of preserved cognition. Cereb Cortex. 2011;21:2774-87 pubmed publisher..ctDCS revealed no evidence of cortical dysplasticity. We conclude that increased rapid-onset cortical plasticity may contribute to largely preserved cognitive and motor function despite extensive ischemic SVD. ..
- Freutel S, Gaffal E, Zahn S, Bieber T, Tuting T, Wenzel J. Enhanced CCR5+/CCR3+ T helper cell ratio in patients with active cutaneous lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2011;20:1300-4 pubmed publisher..The CCR5/CCR3 T-helper cell ratio might therefore represent an indirect marker for the disease activity in CLE. ..
- Kathage J, Qaim M. Economic impacts and impact dynamics of Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis) cotton in India. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:11652-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Bt cotton has created large and sustainable benefits, which contribute to positive economic and social development in India. ..
- Sondermann P, Pincetic A, Maamary J, Lammens K, Ravetch J. General mechanism for modulating immunoglobulin effector function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9868-72 pubmed publisher..This common mechanism has been targeted by pathogens to avoid host defense and offers targets for therapeutic intervention in allergic and autoimmune disorders. ..
- Pinto Bazurco Mendieta M, Hu Q, Engel M, Hartmann R. Highly potent and selective nonsteroidal dual inhibitors of CYP17/CYP11B2 for the treatment of prostate cancer to reduce risks of cardiovascular diseases. J Med Chem. 2013;56:6101-7 pubmed publisher..These compounds are considered as promising candidates for further in vivo evaluation. ..
- Schmitt V, Rink L, Uciechowski P. The Th17/Treg balance is disturbed during aging. Exp Gerontol. 2013;48:1379-86 pubmed publisher..This indicates a higher susceptibility to develop inflammatory diseases with increasing age. ..
- Seehausen M, Kazzer P, Bajbouj M, Heekeren H, Jacobs A, Klann Delius G, et al. Effects of empathic social responses on the emotions of the recipient. Brain Cogn. 2016;103:50-61 pubmed publisher..This can be relevant for professional settings in which strong negative emotions need to be de-escalated while maintaining professional impartiality, which may allow the display of cognitive but not emotional empathy. ..
- Flesch D, Cheung S, Schmidt J, Gabler M, Heitel P, Kramer J, et al. Nonacidic Farnesoid X Receptor Modulators. J Med Chem. 2017;60:7199-7205 pubmed publisher..Here we report the development and characterization of a high-affinity FXR modulator not comprising an acidic residue...
- Methner A, Hermey G, Schinke B, Hermans Borgmeyer I. A novel G protein-coupled receptor with homology to neuropeptide and chemoattractant receptors expressed during bone development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;233:336-42 pubmed..It was also detectable in the adult parathyroid glands, hinting at a possible function in bone metabolism. ..
- Eyupoglu I, Hore N, Savaskan N, Grummich P, Roessler K, Buchfelder M, et al. Improving the extent of malignant glioma resection by dual intraoperative visualization approach. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44885 pubmed publisher..The extent of resection could be increased from 57.1% to 71.2% without incurring postoperative neurological deficits. ..
- Rudnik Schoneborn S, Senderek J, Jen J, Houge G, Seeman P, Puchmajerova A, et al. Pontocerebellar hypoplasia type 1: clinical spectrum and relevance of EXOSC3 mutations. Neurology. 2013;80:438-46 pubmed publisher..EXOSC3 mutations account for 30%-40% of patients with PCH1 with variability in survival and clinical severity that is correlated with the genotype. ..
- Krieg A, Mersch S, Wolf N, Stoecklein N, Verde P, Am Esch J, et al. Expression of TRAIL-splice variants in gastric carcinomas: identification of TRAIL-? as a prognostic marker. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:384 pubmed publisher..This is the first study that investigated the expression of TRAIL-splice variants in gastric carcinoma tissue samples. Thus, we provide first data that indicate a prognostic value for TRAIL-? overexpression in this tumour entity. ..
- Nover L, Scharf K. Heat stress proteins and transcription factors. Cell Mol Life Sci. 1997;53:80-103 pubmed
- Wissenbach U, Niemeyer B, Fixemer T, Schneidewind A, Trost C, Cavalie A, et al. Expression of CaT-like, a novel calcium-selective channel, correlates with the malignancy of prostate cancer. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19461-8 pubmed..The human CaT-L channel represents a marker for prostate cancer progression and may serve as a target for therapeutic strategies. ..
- Kaskel P, Sander S, Kron M, Kind P, Peter R, Krahn G. Outdoor activities in childhood: a protective factor for cutaneous melanoma? Results of a case-control study in 271 matched pairs. Br J Dermatol. 2001;145:602-9 pubmed..In contrast, outdoor activities in childhood, including soccer and gardening, should be encouraged because they are associated with a lower risk of melanoma formation. ..
- Schiemann U, Konturek J, Assert R, Rembiasz K, Domschke W, Konturek S, et al. mRNA expression of EGF receptor ligands in atrophic gastritis before and after Helicobacter pylori eradication. Med Sci Monit. 2002;8:CR53-8 pubmed..H.p.-eradication in this entity leads to unequal changes of these growth factor expressions compared to chronic active gastritis without atrophy. ..
- Lubbers T, Bentlage C, Sandvoss G. [Anterior lumbar interbody fusion as a treatment for chronic refractory lower back pain in disc degeneration and spondylolisthesis using carbon cages - stand alone]. Zentralbl Neurochir. 2002;63:12-7 pubmed..Radiological follow up revealed reconstruction of the preoperatively narrowed disc space and a high rate of fusion. Complications were few and will be outlined in detail. Patient acceptance of the anterior approach was high. ..
- Kaufmann T, Schlipf S, Sanz J, Neubert K, Stein R, Borner C. Characterization of the signal that directs Bcl-x(L), but not Bcl-2, to the mitochondrial outer membrane. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:53-64 pubmed..These data define a new targeting sequence for the MOM and propose that Bcl-2 acts on several intracellular membranes whereas Bcl-x(L) specifically functions on the MOM. ..
- Maihofner C, Charalambous M, Bhambra U, Lightfoot T, Geisslinger G, Gooderham N. Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 parallels expression of interleukin-1beta, interleukin-6 and NF-kappaB in human colorectal cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2003;24:665-71 pubmed..Given an antiapoptotic role for COX-2 in tumour cells, inhibition of NF-kappaB may offer an important strategy to interfere with the development and progression of CRC. ..
- Zitzmann M, Depenbusch M, Gromoll J, Nieschlag E. Prostate volume and growth in testosterone-substituted hypogonadal men are dependent on the CAG repeat polymorphism of the androgen receptor gene: a longitudinal pharmacogenetic study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:2049-54 pubmed..This first pharmacogenetic study on androgen substitution in hypogonadal men demonstrates a marked influence of the AR gene (CAG)n polymorphism on prostate growth. ..
- Steck T, Giess R, Suetterlin M, Bolland M, Wiest S, Poehls U, et al. Leukaemia inhibitory factor (LIF) gene mutations in women with unexplained infertility and recurrent failure of implantation after IVF and embryo transfer. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2004;112:69-73 pubmed..However, routine screening for LIF mutations or polymorphisms in these women is not justified for the low prevalence of gene alterations. ..
- Wäldele K, Schneider G, Ruckes T, Grassmann R. Interleukin-13 overexpression by tax transactivation: a potential autocrine stimulus in human T-cell leukemia virus-infected lymphocytes. J Virol. 2004;78:6081-90 pubmed..Thus, in summary, Tax, by transactivating the promoter, induces IL-13 overexpression that possibly leads to an autocrine stimulation of HTLV-1-infected cells. ..
- Kasper H, Wolf H, Drebber U, Wolf H, Kern M. Expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in pancreatic adenocarcinoma: correlation with microvessel density. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:1918-22 pubmed..Due to a low prevalence of COX-2 expression, chemoprevention of pancreatic carcinomas by COX-2 inhibitors can only achieve a limited success. ..
- Atzpodien J, Wandert T, Reitz M. Age does not impair the efficacy of immunochemotherapy in patients with metastatic renal carcinoma. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2005;55:193-9 pubmed..gt; or = 65 years). Our results demonstrated that patient age and related IL-2 dose reduction do not impair the efficacy of s.c.-IL-2 plus s.c.-INF-2a based outpatient immunochemotherapy in metastatic renal carcinoma. ..
- Werk D, Schubert S, Lindig V, Grunert H, Zeichhardt H, Erdmann V, et al. Developing an effective RNA interference strategy against a plus-strand RNA virus: silencing of coxsackievirus B3 and its cognate coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor. Biol Chem. 2005;386:857-63 pubmed..Furthermore, we have first evidence that inhibition of the cellular coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor (CAR) by RNAi also reduces the virus titre. Our strategy is likely to be applicable to other (RNA) viruses as well. ..
- Hunter Z, Brysbaert M, Knecht S. Foveal word reading requires interhemispheric communication. J Cogn Neurosci. 2007;19:1373-87 pubmed..Consequently, asymmetric representations of language and processes of interhemispheric transfer should be taken into account in theoretical models of visual word recognition to ensure neurological plausibility...
- Sotlar K, Bache A, Stellmacher F, Bültmann B, Valent P, Horny H. Systemic mastocytosis associated with chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis: a distinct subtype of systemic mastocytosis associated with a [corrected] clonal hematological non-mast [corrected] cell lineage disorder carrying the activating point mutations . J Mol Diagn. 2008;10:58-66 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data suggest that KIT(D816V+) SM can co-exist with JAK2(V617F+) CIMF and that, in some of these SM-CIMF cases, the two mutations are present in the neoplastic cells of both disease components...
- Radzimanowski J, Simon B, Sattler M, Beyreuther K, Sinning I, Wild K. Structure of the intracellular domain of the amyloid precursor protein in complex with Fe65-PTB2. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1134-40 pubmed publisher..A molecular switch model is proposed. ..
- Hüweler R, Kandil F, Alpers G, Gerlach A. The impact of visual flow stimulation on anxiety, dizziness, and body sway in individuals with and without fear of heights. Behav Res Ther. 2009;47:345-52 pubmed publisher..An underlying balance dysfunction may contribute to the development of height phobia...
- Ernst A, Buerger K, Hartmann O, Dodel R, Noelker C, Sommer N, et al. Midregional Proenkephalin A and N-terminal Protachykinin A are decreased in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with dementia disorders and acute neuroinflammation. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;221:62-7 pubmed publisher..77, p<0.001). Our results indicate alterations of the cerebral PENK A- and PTA-system in both, dementia and acute neuroinflammatory disorders. These neuropeptide systems seem to be highly correlated in healthy and pathological status. ..
- Rutsch F, Gailus S, Suormala T, Fowler B. LMBRD1: the gene for the cblF defect of vitamin B₁₂ metabolism. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2011;34:121-6 pubmed publisher..These studies give further insight into the intracellular transport of vitamins, challenge the views on lipocalin receptors, and add to our understanding of lysosomal diseases. ..
- Sänger N, Effenberger K, Riethdorf S, Van Haasteren V, Gauwerky J, Wiegratz I, et al. Disseminated tumor cells in the bone marrow of patients with ductal carcinoma in situ. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:2522-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, hematogenous tumor cell dissemination into bone marrow is an early event in breast cancer development. ..
- Shenoy A, Aljutaili M, Stollenwerk B. Limited economic evidence of carotid artery stenosis diagnosis and treatment: a systematic review. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2012;44:505-13 pubmed publisher..BMT', 'US combined with magnetic resonance angiography supplemented with AG' vs. 'US combined with computer tomography angiography'). ..
- Haunhorst P, Hanschmann E, Bräutigam L, Stehling O, Hoffmann B, Muhlenhoff U, et al. Crucial function of vertebrate glutaredoxin 3 (PICOT) in iron homeostasis and hemoglobin maturation. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1895-903 pubmed publisher..These data suggest an evolutionarily conserved role of cytosolic monothiol multidomain glutaredoxins in cellular iron metabolism pathways, including the biogenesis of Fe/S proteins and hemoglobin maturation. ..
- Vincendeau M, Nagel D, Brenke J, Brack Werner R, Hadian K. Heterogenous nuclear ribonucleoprotein Q increases protein expression from HIV-1 Rev-dependent transcripts. Virol J. 2013;10:151 pubmed publisher..This suggests that hnRNP Q can boost HIV gene expression at the level of protein production. ..
- Barros X, Dirrichs T, Koos R, Reinartz S, Kaesler N, Kramann R, et al. Epicardial adipose tissue in long-term hemodialysis patients: its association with vascular calcification and long-term development. J Nephrol. 2016;29:241-250 pubmed publisher..EAT correlated significantly with cardiovascular calcification in long-term HD patients. Mean EAT did not significantly change over 2 years. ..
- Meindl A, Berger W, Meitinger T, van de Pol D, Achatz H, Dorner C, et al. Norrie disease is caused by mutations in an extracellular protein resembling C-terminal globular domain of mucins. Nat Genet. 1992;2:139-43 pubmed..These findings and the clinical features of this disorder suggest a possible role for the Norrie gene in neuroectodermal cell-cell interaction. ..
- Mueller Pillasch F, Pohl B, Wilda M, Lacher U, Beil M, Wallrapp C, et al. Expression of the highly conserved RNA binding protein KOC in embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1999;88:95-9 pubmed..Similar expression was found in these organs suggesting an important functional role of the homologous proteins in embryonic development. ..
- Grosshans H, Hurt E, Simos G. An aminoacylation-dependent nuclear tRNA export pathway in yeast. Genes Dev. 2000;14:830-40 pubmed..Our data show that tRNA aminoacylation and eEF-1A are required for efficient nuclear tRNA export in yeast and suggest coordination between the protein translation and the nuclear tRNA processing and transport machineries. ..
- Moehrle M, Blaheta H, Ruck P. Tattoo pigment mimics positive sentinel lymph node in melanoma. Dermatology. 2001;203:342-4 pubmed..However, histopathological examination of the lymph nodes did not detect micrometastases. The pigmentation of the lymph nodes was due to decorative tattoos of the scapular skin. ..
- Sprangers R, Groves M, Sinning I, Sattler M. High-resolution X-ray and NMR structures of the SMN Tudor domain: conformational variation in the binding site for symmetrically dimethylated arginine residues. J Mol Biol. 2003;327:507-20 pubmed..The observed structural variations may play a role for the recognition of sDMAs. ..
- Groninger A, Schaper J, Messing Juenger M, Mayatepek E, Rosenbaum T. Subdural hematoma as clinical presentation of osteogenesis imperfecta. Pediatr Neurol. 2005;32:140-2 pubmed..Osteogenesis imperfecta type I should be considered as an underlying disease in cases of nontraumatic subdural hematoma. A thorough clinical examination is recommended to exclude subtle characteristics of the disease. ..
- Panter B, Jose J, Hartmann R. 5alpha-reductase in human embryonic kidney cell line HEK293: evidence for type II enzyme expression and activity. Mol Cell Biochem. 2005;270:201-8 pubmed..Western blot analysis of different fractions of a HEK293 homogenate performed with this antiserum detected a band at 45 kDa in the nuclear and microsomal fraction corresponding to 5alpha-reductase type II protein. ..
- Budach W, Hehr T, Budach V, Belka C, Dietz K. A meta-analysis of hyperfractionated and accelerated radiotherapy and combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy regimens in unresected locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:28 pubmed..Accelerated radiation therapy alone, especially when given as split course radiation schedule or extremely accelerated treatments with decreased total dose, does not increase overall survival. ..
- Naim R, Hormann K. The role of S100A1 in external auditory canal cholesteatoma. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:671-5 pubmed..This correlates with our new data concerning S100A1. This is the first study to show the different reactivity pattern of S100A1 in the external auditory canal cholesteatoma. ..
- Meierjohann S, Schartl M. From Mendelian to molecular genetics: the Xiphophorus melanoma model. Trends Genet. 2006;22:654-61 pubmed
- Hoepken H, Gispert S, Morales B, Wingerter O, Del Turco D, Mülsch A, et al. Mitochondrial dysfunction, peroxidation damage and changes in glutathione metabolism in PARK6. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;25:401-11 pubmed..These data indicate that PINK1 function is critical to prevent oxidative damage and that peripheral cells may be useful for studies of progression and therapy of PARK6. ..
- Wittchen H, Frohlich C, Behrendt S, Günther A, Rehm J, Zimmermann P, et al. Cannabis use and cannabis use disorders and their relationship to mental disorders: a 10-year prospective-longitudinal community study in adolescents. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2007;88 Suppl 1:S60-70 pubmed..A better understanding of this complex interplay may result in better aetiological models and intervention strategies. ..
- Müller J, Orekhov Y, Liu Y, Ziemann U. Homeostatic plasticity in human motor cortex demonstrated by two consecutive sessions of paired associative stimulation. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:3461-8 pubmed..Because the two PAS sessions activate identical neuronal circuits, we conclude that 'homosynaptic-like' homeostatic mechanisms in accord with the BCM rule contribute to regulating plasticity in human M1. ..