Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Germany
Publications3474 found, 100 shown here
- Steinmetz T, Totzke U, Schweigert M, Mittermuller J, Nawka S, Tesch H, et al. A prospective observational study of anaemia management in cancer patients - results from the German Cancer Anaemia Registry. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2011;20:493-502 pubmed publisher..Prospective clinical trials using QOL as end point and evaluating diagnostics in cancer-associated anaemia are warranted. ..
- Lawall H, Zemmrich C, Bramlage P, Amann B. Health related quality of life in patients with critical limb ischemia. Vasa. 2012;41:78-88 pubmed publisher..HRQoL improvement as a predefined endpoint of novel therapeutic approach studies should be considered more consequently. ..
- Carell T, Brandmayr C, Hienzsch A, Muller M, Pearson D, Reiter V, et al. Structure and function of noncanonical nucleobases. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2012;51:7110-31 pubmed publisher..This diversity is provided by the modified non-canonical nucleosides in both DNA and RNA. ..
- Kleine B, Schumann N, Bradl I, Grieshaber R, Scholle H. Surface EMG of shoulder and back muscles and posture analysis in secretaries typing at visual display units. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 1999;72:387-94 pubmed..Therefore, training of the back muscles and a varied organisation of work might have a preventive effect with respect to musculoskeletal complaints in VDU workers. ..
- Rickerts V, Bohme A, Viertel A, Behrendt G, Jacobi V, Tintelnot K, et al. Cluster of pulmonary infections caused by Cunninghamella bertholletiae in immunocompromised patients. Clin Infect Dis. 2000;31:910-3 pubmed..Presenting symptoms were fever unresponsive to antibacterial chemotherapy, hemoptysis, and infiltrates on chest radiograms. Three patients were treated with liposomal amphotericin B. Only 1 patient survived. ..
- Elser B, Lohoff M, Kock S, Giaisi M, Kirchhoff S, Krammer P, et al. IFN-gamma represses IL-4 expression via IRF-1 and IRF-2. Immunity. 2002;17:703-12 pubmed..Our data demonstrate a direct negative feedback of IFN-gamma on expression of the Th2 cytokine gene IL-4 and, thus, provide evidence for another important mechanism by which IFNgamma assists Th1 and attenuates Th2 responses. ..
- Schymeinsky J, Then C, Walzog B. The non-receptor tyrosine kinase Syk regulates lamellipodium formation and site-directed migration of human leukocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:614-22 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest a novel role for Syk in the maintenance of a bipolar phenotype by regulating lamellipodium formation, which is a critical prerequisite for site-directed migration of leukocytes. ..
- Brehm K, Spiliotis M, Zavala Góngora R, Konrad C, Frosch M. The molecular mechanisms of larval cestode development: first steps into an unknown world. Parasitol Int. 2006;55 Suppl:S15-21 pubmed
- Rohrmann S, Nelson W, Rifai N, Brown T, Dobs A, Kanarek N, et al. Serum estrogen, but not testosterone, levels differ between black and white men in a nationally representative sample of Americans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:2519-25 pubmed..Given these findings, it may be equally if not more important to investigate estradiol as testosterone in relation to diseases with racial disparity. ..
- Straub A, Wendel H, Dietz K, Schiebold D, Peter K, Schoenwaelder S, et al. Selective inhibition of the platelet phosphoinositide 3-kinase p110beta as promising new strategy for platelet protection during extracorporeal circulation. Thromb Haemost. 2008;99:609-15 pubmed publisher..TGX-221 represents a promising alternative to GP IIb/IIIa blockade and should be further investigated for use during ECC in vivo. ..
- Klussmann A, Gebhardt H, Liebers F, Rieger M. Musculoskeletal symptoms of the upper extremities and the neck: a cross-sectional study on prevalence and symptom-predicting factors at visual display terminal (VDT) workstations. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2008;9:96 pubmed publisher..With regard to musculoskeletal symptoms of the upper extremities, preventive measures at VDT workstations should be focused on neck and shoulder symptoms (e.g. ergonomic measures, breaks to avoid sitting over long periods). ..
- Worzfeld T, Wettschureck N, Offermanns S. G(12)/G(13)-mediated signalling in mammalian physiology and disease. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2008;29:582-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we focus on recent progress made in the analyses of the in vivo functions of mammalian G(12)/G(13)-mediated signalling. ..
- Vallbohmer D, Holscher A, Holscher M, Bludau M, Gutschow C, Stippel D, et al. Options in the management of esophageal perforation: analysis over a 12-year period. Dis Esophagus. 2010;23:185-90 pubmed publisher..053). In three patients, the diagnostic interval was not determinable retrospectively. An individualized therapy depending on etiology, diagnostic delay, and septic status leads to a low mortality of esophageal perforation. ..
- Assmann G, Koenig J, Pfreundschuh M, Epplen J, Kekow J, Roemer K, et al. Genetic variations in genes encoding RANK, RANKL, and OPG in rheumatoid arthritis: a case-control study. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:900-4 pubmed publisher..0092). No significantly increased risk was detected in the other SNP. The minor allele of the RANK SNP rs35211496 may be protective against RA, while the minor alleles of the RANKL SNP rs2277438 may increase susceptibility to RA. ..
- Whelan G, Kreidl E, Wutz G, Egner A, Peters J, Eichele G. Cohesin acetyltransferase Esco2 is a cell viability factor and is required for cohesion in pericentric heterochromatin. EMBO J. 2012;31:71-82 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Esco2 is needed for cohesin acetylation in PCH and that this modification is required for the proper distribution of cohesin on mitotic chromosomes and for centromeric cohesion. ..
- Mundry M, Bornberg Bauer E, Sammeth M, Feulner P. Evaluating characteristics of de novo assembly software on 454 transcriptome data: a simulation approach. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31410 pubmed publisher..This suggested that in choosing an assembly program researchers should carefully consider their follow up analysis and consequences of the chosen approach to gain an assembly. ..
- Eberhardt M, Lai X, Tomar N, Gupta S, Schmeck B, Steinkasserer A, et al. Third-Kind Encounters in Biomedicine: Immunology Meets Mathematics and Informatics to Become Quantitative and Predictive. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1386:135-79 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we support the idea that the analysis of the immune system demands the use of systems-level approaches to ensure the success in the search for more effective and personalized immune-based therapies. ..
- Lausch R, Scheper T, Reif O, Schlosser J, Fleischer J, Freitag R. Rapid capillary gel electrophoresis of proteins. J Chromatogr A. 1993;654:190-5 pubmed..The results are compared with applications using longer separation distances, showing that rapid and efficient analysis and adequate resolution can be obtained by using short separation distances. ..
- Schnittger S, Rao V, Abrahamson M, Hansmann I. Cystatin C (CST3), the candidate gene for hereditary cystatin C amyloid angiopathy (HCCAA), and other members of the cystatin gene family are clustered on chromosome 20p11.2. Genomics. 1993;16:50-5 pubmed..FISH with C3E1 revealed only one single site at 20p11.2 with an FL-pter value of 0.37 +/- 0.04, identical to that obtained with C3E2.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Gessner J, Heiken H, Tamm A, Schmidt R. The IgG Fc receptor family. Ann Hematol. 1998;76:231-48 pubmed
- Wagner D, Heinrichs M, Ehlert U. Prevalence of symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder in German professional firefighters. Am J Psychiatry. 1998;155:1727-32 pubmed..The present findings provide a better understanding of the relationship between secondary traumatic stress and PTSD in professional helpers and high-risk populations such as firefighters, emergency workers, and the police. ..
- Raghunath M, Hennies H, Velten F, Wiebe V, Steinert P, Reis A, et al. A novel in situ method for the detection of deficient transglutaminase activity in the skin. Arch Dermatol Res. 1998;290:621-7 pubmed..Coupled with immunohistochemical assays using transglutaminase 1 antibodies, our method allows rapid identification of those cases caused by alterations in this enzyme. ..
- Gotthardt M, Welcke U, Brandt D, Tontsch D, Barth P, Schaefer J, et al. The role of bone scintigraphy in patients with Erdheim-Chester disease. Clin Nucl Med. 2000;25:414-20 pubmed..The importance of bone scintigraphy as an imaging method in patients with an unclear diagnosis is discussed, as exemplary in ECD, as is its role for the detection of sites of skeletal involvement in other diseases. ..
- Pasolli H, Klemke M, Kehlenbach R, Wang Y, Huttner W. Characterization of the extra-large G protein alpha-subunit XLalphas. I. Tissue distribution and subcellular localization. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:33622-32 pubmed..We conclude that the physiological role of XLalphas is at the plasma membrane, where it presumably is involved in signal transduction processes characteristic of neuroendocrine cells. ..
- Schügerl K. Development of bioreaction engineering. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2000;70:41-76 pubmed..A brief overview of the progress of the fundamentals is presented in the first part of this article and the key issues of bioreaction engineering are advanced in its second part. ..
- Bartel F, Meye A, Wurl P, Kappler M, Bache M, Lautenschlager C, et al. Amplification of the MDM2 gene, but not expression of splice variants of MDM2 MRNA, is associated with prognosis in soft tissue sarcoma. Int J Cancer. 2001;95:168-75 pubmed..01, chi(2) test). Although the presence of spliced forms was associated with late-stage tumor phenotypes (p = 0.05, chi(2) test), we observed no relationship between the presence of splice variants and patient outcome. ..
- Michels G, Matthes J, Handrock R, Kuchinke U, Groner F, Cribbs L, et al. Single-channel pharmacology of mibefradil in human native T-type and recombinant Ca(v)3.2 calcium channels. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;61:682-94 pubmed..In conclusion, the pharmacologic phenotype of these native human T-type channels--as probed by mibefradil--is similar to recombinant human Ca(v)3.2. ..
- Thomas R, Kallenborn A, Wickenhauser C, Schultze J, Draube A, Vockerodt M, et al. Constitutive expression of c-FLIP in Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells. Am J Pathol. 2002;160:1521-8 pubmed..Taken together, c-FLIP is constitutively expressed in HD and may therefore be a major mechanism responsible for Fas-resistance in HD...
- Naim R, Riedel F, Hormann K. Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in external auditory canal cholesteatoma. Int J Mol Med. 2003;11:555-8 pubmed..This is the first study describing VEGF expression in EACC and its difference to AMS. ..
- Martignoni M, Kunze P, Hildebrandt W, Kunzli B, Berberat P, Giese T, et al. Role of mononuclear cells and inflammatory cytokines in pancreatic cancer-related cachexia. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:5802-8 pubmed..IL-6 represents a prominent cachexia-associated factor in pancreatic cancer. IL-6 overexpression in cachectic patients is related to the ability of certain tumors to sensitize PBMC and induce cytokine expression in cachectic PBMC. ..
- Börgel K, Pohlenz J, Koch H, Bramswig J. Long-term carbimazole treatment of neonatal nonautoimmune hyperthyroidism due to a new activating TSH receptor gene mutation (Ala428Val). Horm Res. 2005;64:203-8 pubmed..9 years of age. We conclude that carbimazole therapy is effective in treating nonautoimmune hyperthyroidism. It may be an alternative to thyroidectomy or radioiodine treatment. ..
- Dettmeyer R, Sperhake J, Müller J, Madea B. Cytomegalovirus-induced pneumonia and myocarditis in three cases of suspected sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS): diagnosis by immunohistochemical techniques and molecularpathologic methods. Forensic Sci Int. 2008;174:229-33 pubmed..In the future, these methods should be used for investigating cases with suspicion of SIDS. ..
- Oehmichen M, Meissner C. Routine techniques in forensic neuropathology as demonstrated by gunshot injury to the head. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2009;11 Suppl 1:S50-3 pubmed publisher..These methods will be indispensable for the preparation of future neuropathological expert reports addressing questions of type of injury, the consequent pathological symptoms, timing of the injury, and the cause of death. ..
- Zaro Weber O, Moeller Hartmann W, Heiss W, Sobesky J. A simple positron emission tomography-based calibration for perfusion-weighted magnetic resonance maps to optimize penumbral flow detection in acute stroke. Stroke. 2010;41:1939-45 pubmed publisher..Easily applicable look-up tables identify the individual best threshold for each PW map to optimize mismatch detection. ..
- Mantsopoulos K, Psychogios G, Koch M, Zenk J, Waldfahrer F, Iro H. Comparison of different surgical approaches in T2 glottic cancer. Head Neck. 2012;34:73-7 pubmed publisher..Transoral surgery seems to be the treatment of choice for T2 glottic cancer. In our view, open partial laryngectomy should be reserved for those cases in which the lesion cannot be adequately exposed by direct microlaryngoscopy. ..
- Decker M. Hybrid molecules incorporating natural products: applications in cancer therapy, neurodegenerative disorders and beyond. Curr Med Chem. 2011;18:1464-75 pubmed..It will be shown that hybrids can be more than the sum of their components, but in many cases should be considered as pharmacological entities in their own respect. ..
- Doerr H, Cinatl J. Recent publications in medical microbiology and immunology: a retrospective. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2012;201:1-5 pubmed publisher..In terms of globalization, exotic virus infections are increasingly imported from southern countries. ..
- Lankeit M, Jimenez D, Kostrubiec M, Dellas C, Hasenfuss G, Pruszczyk P, et al. Predictive value of the high-sensitivity troponin T assay and the simplified Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index in hemodynamically stable patients with acute pulmonary embolism: a prospective validation study. Circulation. 2011;124:2716-24 pubmed publisher..42]; P=0.005). The hsTnT assay and the sPESI improve risk stratification of acute PE. Combination of both modalities may yield additive prognostic information and particularly identify possible candidates for out-of-hospital treatment. ..
- Freese C, Gibson M, Klok H, Unger R, Kirkpatrick C. Size- and coating-dependent uptake of polymer-coated gold nanoparticles in primary human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. Biomacromolecules. 2012;13:1533-43 pubmed publisher..Hydroxypropylamine-coated AuNPs were found to be the most efficient neutral-charged particles in overcoming the endothelial cell barrier and entering the cell. ..
- Kuhrt H, Gryga M, Wolburg H, Joffe B, Grosche J, Reichenbach A, et al. Postnatal mammalian retinal development: quantitative data and general rules. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2012;31:605-21 pubmed publisher..We provide a physico-mathematical model of these oblique 'down-sliding' movements of the photoreceptor cell somata along the Müller cell process in the center of their columnar cell unit. ..
- Basler M, Kirk C, Groettrup M. The immunoproteasome in antigen processing and other immunological functions. Curr Opin Immunol. 2013;25:74-80 pubmed publisher..The recent elucidation of the high-resolution structure of the immunoproteasome will facilitate the design of immunoproteasome selective inhibitors for pharmacological intervention. ..
- Kreßner C, Nollau P, Grosse R, Brandt D. Functional interaction of SCAI with the SWI/SNF complex for transcription and tumor cell invasion. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69947 pubmed publisher..Moreover our data implicate a functional hierarchy between SCAI and BRM, since SCAI function is abrogated in the absence of BRM expression. ..
- Schiff J, Welker A, Fohr B, Henn Beilharz A, Bothner U, Van Aken H, et al. Major incidents and complications in otherwise healthy patients undergoing elective procedures: results based on 1.37 million anaesthetic procedures. Br J Anaesth. 2014;113:109-21 pubmed publisher..Annual identification and review of cases, perhaps with standardized database queries in the respective departments, might provide more detailed information about the cascades that lead to unfortunate outcomes. ..
- Porter J, de Witte T, Cappellini M, Gattermann N. New insights into transfusion-related iron toxicity: Implications for the oncologist. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;99:261-71 pubmed publisher..Knowledge gained from managing transfusional iron overload in inherited anemias may be translated to general oncology, with potential for improved patient outcomes. ..
- Brenig B, Brem G. Genomic organization and analysis of the 5' end of the porcine ryanodine receptor gene (ryr1). FEBS Lett. 1992;298:277-9 pubmed..The exon/intron structure of the ryanodine receptor gene was determined by DNA sequencing. Based on the sequence data it was possible to develop a simple test for the detection of malignant hyperthermia susceptible and normal pigs. ..
- Steinmeyer K, Lorenz C, Pusch M, Koch M, Jentsch T. Multimeric structure of ClC-1 chloride channel revealed by mutations in dominant myotonia congenita (Thomsen). EMBO J. 1994;13:737-43 pubmed..Analysis of both mutants shows independently that ClC-1 functions as a homooligomer with most likely four subunits...
- Kullak Ublick G, Beuers U, Meier P, Domdey H, Paumgartner G. Assignment of the human organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) gene to chromosome 12p12 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. J Hepatol. 1996;25:985-7 pubmed
- Trautmann A, Feuerstein B, Ernst N, Brocker E, Klein C. Heterotypic cell-cell adhesion of human mast cells to fibroblasts. Arch Dermatol Res. 1997;289:194-203 pubmed
- Diener H. Positron emission tomography studies in headache. Headache. 1997;37:622-5 pubmed..Our attempts to study the aura phase with PET have, to date, been unsuccessful. ..
- Strom T, Hortnagel K, Hofmann S, Gekeler F, Scharfe C, Rabl W, et al. Diabetes insipidus, diabetes mellitus, optic atrophy and deafness (DIDMOAD) caused by mutations in a novel gene (wolframin) coding for a predicted transmembrane protein. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:2021-8 pubmed
- Aust D, Terdiman J, Willenbucher R, Chang C, Molinaro Clark A, Baretton G, et al. The APC/beta-catenin pathway in ulcerative colitis-related colorectal carcinomas: a mutational analysis. Cancer. 2002;94:1421-7 pubmed..The significant difference in frequency of APC mutations between right- and left-sided sporadic tumors suggests different molecular pathways in these two tumor sites. ..
- Lutterbach J, Spetzger U, Bartelt S, Pagenstecher A. Malignant germ cell tumors metastatic to the brain: a model for a curable neoplasm? The Freiburg experience and a review of the literature. J Neurooncol. 2002;58:147-56 pubmed..Resection and whole brain radiation therapy might result in durable cerebral control with minimal morbidity. ..
- Fein M, Freys S, Sailer M, Maroske J, Tigges H, Fuchs K. Gastric bilirubin monitoring to assess duodenogastric reflux. Dig Dis Sci. 2002;47:2769-74 pubmed..Increased amounts of DGR may further be of clinical importance in patients with reflux disease or nonulcer dyspepsia and following cholecystectomy. ..
- Washburn B, Weigand M, Grosse Wilde A, Janke M, Stahl H, Rieser E, et al. TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand mediates tumoricidal activity of human monocytes stimulated by Newcastle disease virus. J Immunol. 2003;170:1814-21 pubmed..These results show that TRAIL induction on human Mphi after NDV stimulation is independent from viral replication and that TRAIL mediates the tumoricidal activity of NDV-stimulated human Mphi. ..
- Warnke S, Kemmler S, Hames R, Tsai H, Hoffmann Rohrer U, Fry A, et al. Polo-like kinase-2 is required for centriole duplication in mammalian cells. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1200-7 pubmed..These results show that Plk2 is a physiological centrosomal protein and that its kinase activity is likely to be required for centriole duplication near the G1-to-S phase transition. ..
- Krasemann T, Kotthoff S, Kehl H, Debus V, Tjan T, Schmid C, et al. Cardiac transplantation in neonatal Marfan syndrome -- a life-saving approach. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005;53 Suppl 2:S146-8 pubmed..She was NYHA class IV. At the age of six months she underwent heart transplantation. To prevent aneurysm formation and dissection of the great vessels, the whole aortic arch and pulmonary trunk were replaced as well. ..
- Wieland H, Ullrich S, Lang F, Neumeister B. Intracellular multiplication of Legionella pneumophila depends on host cell amino acid transporter SLC1A5. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:1528-37 pubmed..pneumophila without compromising viability of host cells. These observations suggest that replication of L. pneumophila depends on the function of host cell SLC1A5. ..
- Brody S, Potterat J, Muth S, Woodhouse D. Psychiatric and characterological factors relevant to excess mortality in a long-term cohort of prostitute women. J Sex Marital Ther. 2005;31:97-112 pubmed..We observed consistency between the observed pattern of mortality in prostitute women and mortality that would be expected in a sample of persons at high risk for antisocial and borderline personality disorder. ..
- Dichgans M, Freilinger T, Eckstein G, Babini E, Lorenz Depiereux B, Biskup S, et al. Mutation in the neuronal voltage-gated sodium channel SCN1A in familial hemiplegic migraine. Lancet. 2005;366:371-7 pubmed..Our findings have implications for the understanding of migraine aura. Moreover, our study reinforces the molecular links between migraine and epilepsy, two common paroxysmal disorders. ..
- Lisso J, Altmann T, Müssig C. The AtNFXL1 gene encodes a NF-X1 type zinc finger protein required for growth under salt stress. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4851-6 pubmed..The AtNFXL2 protein potentially plays an antagonistic role. The Arabidopsis NF-X1 type zinc finger proteins likely are part of regulatory mechanisms, which protect major processes such as photosynthesis. ..
- Sonntag D, Bärwald R, Hulsmann M, Stachniss V. Pre-clinical endodontics: a survey amongst German dental schools. Int Endod J. 2008;41:863-8 pubmed publisher..Pre-clinical endodontic education varied considerably between German universities because of differences in programme design, staff and course content. ..
- Meier T, Lange A, Papenberg H, Ziemann M, Fentrop C, Uhlig U, et al. Pulmonary cytokine responses during mechanical ventilation of noninjured lungs with and without end-expiratory pressure. Anesth Analg. 2008;107:1265-75 pubmed publisher..PEEP is beneficial at high inspiratory pressure, but imposes moderate stress at low inspiratory pressure. ..
- Hauke J, Riessland M, Lunke S, Eyupoglu I, Blumcke I, El Osta A, et al. Survival motor neuron gene 2 silencing by DNA methylation correlates with spinal muscular atrophy disease severity and can be bypassed by histone deacetylase inhibition. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:304-17 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that DNA methylation is functionally important regarding SMA disease progression and pharmacological SMN2 gene activation which might have implications for future SMA therapy regimens. ..
- Bode J, Brenndörfer E, Karthe J, Haussinger D. Interplay between host cell and hepatitis C virus in regulating viral replication. Biol Chem. 2009;390:1013-32 pubmed publisher..The present review focuses on the interplay between viral proteins and these factors of the host cell enabling the virus to utilize host cell infrastructure. ..
- Ringe J, Dorst A, Farahmand P. Efficacy of strontium ranelate on bone mineral density in men with osteoporosis. Arzneimittelforschung. 2010;60:267-72 pubmed..Mean increases in BMD with SR in men were similar to those previously documented for this agent in postmenopausal women, suggesting that similar benefits on anti-fracture efficacy may be expected. ..
- Sendtner M. Therapy development in spinal muscular atrophy. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:795-9 pubmed publisher..If this obstacle can be overcome, this could boost therapy development, not only for SMA but also for other neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Basner M, Muller U, Elmenhorst E. Single and combined effects of air, road, and rail traffic noise on sleep and recuperation. Sleep. 2011;34:11-23 pubmed..Field studies are needed to validate our findings in a setting with higher ecologic validity. ..
- Hasselblatt M, Gesk S, Oyen F, Rossi S, Viscardi E, Giangaspero F, et al. Nonsense mutation and inactivation of SMARCA4 (BRG1) in an atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor showing retained SMARCB1 (INI1) expression. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011;35:933-5 pubmed publisher..2032C>T (p.Q678X)]. Our findings highlight the role of SMARCA4 in the pathogenesis of SMARCB1-positive AT/RT and the usefulness of antibodies directed against SMARCA4 in this diagnostic setting. ..
- Randler C, Kretz S. Assortative mating in morningness-eveningness. Int J Psychol. 2011;46:91-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, two extreme chronotypes are unlikely to meet each other because they have the smallest overlap in their preferred active time during the day due to the circadian rhythmicity. ..
- Zillich O, Schweiggert Weisz U, Hasenkopf K, Eisner P, Kerscher M. Release and in vitro skin permeation of polyphenols from cosmetic emulsions. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2013;35:491-501 pubmed publisher..5·10(-5) cm h(-1)). All substances could pass the SC barrier and were found mostly in the epidermis and dermis, confirming the potential of polyphenols as anti-ageing active cosmetic ingredients. ..
- Döcke S, Lock J, Birkenfeld A, Hoppe S, Lieske S, Rieger A, et al. Elevated hepatic chemerin mRNA expression in human non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Eur J Endocrinol. 2013;169:547-57 pubmed publisher..05). This is the first study to show that chemerin mRNA expression is significantly elevated in the liver of NASH patients and that CMKLR1 expression is upregulated in liver inflammation, whereby IL6 could play a causal role. ..
- Störk S, Kavoliūniene A, Vinereanu D, Ludwig R, Seferovic P, Dickstein K, et al. What does the lay public know about heart failure? Findings from the Heart Failure Awareness Day Initiative. Eur J Heart Fail. 2016;18:66-70 pubmed publisher..The educational and awareness activities for both the population at large and also for decision makers should be broadened and intensified. ..
- Portilho D, Fernandez J, Ringeard M, Machado A, Boulay A, Mayer M, et al. Endogenous TRIM5Î± Function Is Regulated by SUMOylation and Nuclear Sequestration for Efficient Innate Sensing in Dendritic Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;14:355-69 pubmed publisher..TRIM5Î± regulation via SUMOylation-dependent nuclear sequestration adds to our understanding of how restriction factors are regulated. ..
- Angermann S, Baumann M, Wassertheurer S, Mayer C, Steubl D, Hauser C, et al. Pulse wave velocity is associated with cognitive impairment in hemodialysis patients. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1483-1493 pubmed publisher..Concerning the underlying pathogenesis of cognitive impairment, current results revealed a potential involvement of arterial stiffness, which has to be further evaluated in future studies. ..
- Hartmann E, Prehn S. The N-terminal region of the alpha-subunit of the TRAP complex has a conserved cluster of negative charges. FEBS Lett. 1994;349:324-6 pubmed..These data indicate that the TRAP complex has a ubiquitous function. ..
- Keppler O, Hinderlich S, Langner J, Schwartz Albiez R, Reutter W, Pawlita M. UDP-GlcNAc 2-epimerase: a regulator of cell surface sialylation. Science. 1999;284:1372-6 pubmed..UDP-GlcNAc 2-epimerase was found to be a major determinant of cell surface sialylation in human hematopoietic cell lines and a critical regulator of the function of specific cell surface adhesion molecules. ..
- Herzog H, Tellmann L, Fulton R, Stangier I, Rota Kops E, Bente K, et al. Motion artifact reduction on parametric PET images of neuroreceptor binding. J Nucl Med. 2005;46:1059-65 pubmed..MAF-based motion correction was able to avoid these errors. ..
- Theinert S, Pronest M, Peris K, Sterry W, Walden P. Identification of the testis-specific protein 10 (TSGA10) as serologically defined tumour-associated antigen in primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Br J Dermatol. 2005;153:639-41 pubmed..TSGA10 overexpression had previously been reported for other cancers. TSGA10 is a new tumour-associated antigen of cutaneous lymphoma. ..
- Werbick C, Becker K, Mellmann A, Juuti K, von Eiff C, Peters G, et al. Staphylococcal chromosomal cassette mec type I, spa type, and expression of Pls are determinants of reduced cellular invasiveness of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates. J Infect Dis. 2007;195:1678-85 pubmed..In contrast, the spa type-deduced multilocus sequence typing clonal complex (MLST-CC) was not able to predict the invasiveness of MRSA strains equally well. The underlying mechanism remains to be elucidated. ..
- Beelen R, Raaschou Nielsen O, Stafoggia M, Andersen Z, Weinmayr G, Hoffmann B, et al. Effects of long-term exposure to air pollution on natural-cause mortality: an analysis of 22 European cohorts within the multicentre ESCAPE project. Lancet. 2014;383:785-95 pubmed publisher..European Community's Seventh Framework Program (FP7/2007-2011). ..
- Schnall R, Mannhaupt G, Stucka R, Tauer R, Ehnle S, Schwarzlose C, et al. Identification of a set of yeast genes coding for a novel family of putative ATPases with high similarity to constituents of the 26S protease complex. Yeast. 1994;10:1141-55 pubmed..YTA10, YTA11 and YTA12 share significant homology with the Escherichia coli FtsH protein, and together with YTA4 and YTA6 may constitute a separate subclass within this family of putative ATPases. ..
- Niess A, Passek F, Lorenz I, Schneider E, Dickhuth H, Northoff H, et al. Expression of the antioxidant stress protein heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) in human leukocytes. Free Radic Biol Med. 1999;26:184-92 pubmed..We supposed that the down-regulation of the baseline expression of HO-1 in athletes reflects an adaptional mechanism to regular exercise training. ..
- Grimmer G, Dettbarn G, Seidel A, Jacob J. Detection of carcinogenic aromatic amines in the urine of non-smokers. Sci Total Environ. 2000;247:81-90 pubmed..The detected urinary levels of aromatic amines arising from sources other than tobacco smoke or diesel exhaust may play a role in the bladder cancer etiology of non-smokers. ..
- Wittekindt O, Jauch A, Burgert E, Scharer L, Holtgreve Grez H, Yvert G, et al. The human small conductance calcium-regulated potassium channel gene (hSKCa3) contains two CAG repeats in exon 1, is on chromosome 1q21.3, and shows a possible association with schizophrenia. Neurogenetics. 1998;1:259-65 pubmed..Both CAG repeats have been typed in 86 bipolar I disorder patients, and no significant difference in allele distribution was observed between our bipolar disorder patients and controls. ..
- Hsieh S, Malerczyk C, Aigner A, Czubayko F. ERbB-2 expression is rate-limiting for epidermal growth factor-mediated stimulation of ovarian cancer cell proliferation. Int J Cancer. 2000;86:644-51 pubmed
- Bauer K, Kratzer M, Otte M, de Quintana K, Hagmann J, Arnold G, et al. Human CLP36, a PDZ-domain and LIM-domain protein, binds to alpha-actinin-1 and associates with actin filaments and stress fibers in activated platelets and endothelial cells. Blood. 2000;96:4236-45 pubmed..The study suggests that CLP36 may direct alpha-actinin-1 to specific actin structures and at this position might modulate the function of alpha-actinin-1. (Blood. 2000;96:4236-4245) ..
- Truss M, Stief C, Uckert S, Becker A, Schultheiss D, Machtens S, et al. Initial clinical experience with the selective phosphodiesterase-I isoenzyme inhibitor vinpocetine in the treatment of urge incontinence and low compliance bladder. World J Urol. 2000;18:439-43 pubmed..Although these initial data are preliminary, they represent the first evidence that isoenzyme-selective PDE inhibition may be a novel approach to the treatment of lower urinary tract disorders. ..