Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in France
Publications1682 found, 100 shown here
- Lepretre F, Linton K, Lacquemant C, Vatin V, Samson C, Dina C, et al. Genetic study of the CD36 gene in a French diabetic population. Diabetes Metab. 2004;30:459-63 pubmed..Thus, the -178 A/C SNP promoter mutation in the CD36 gene represents a putative genetic marker for insulin-resistance in the French population, although it does not appear to contribute to the genetic risk for T2D. ..
- Thuile J, Even C, Friedman S, Guelfi J. Inter-rater reliability of the French version of the core index for melancholia. J Affect Disord. 2005;88:193-208 pubmed..We report an inter-rater reliability study of the French version of the CORE...
- Jozan S, Aziza J, Châtelin S, Evra C, Courtade Saïdi M, Parant O, et al. Human fetal chromaffin cells: a potential tool for cell pain therapy. Exp Neurol. 2007;205:525-35 pubmed..This strategy is under investigation in our laboratory. ..
- Boukli L, Touaibia M, Meddad Belhabich N, Djimdé A, Park C, Kim J, et al. Design of new potent and selective secretory phospholipase A2 inhibitors. Part 5: synthesis and biological activity of 1-alkyl-4-[4,5-dihydro-1,2,4-[4H]-oxadiazol-5-one-3-ylmethylbenz-4'-yl(oyl)] piperazines. Bioorg Med Chem. 2008;16:1242-53 pubmed..1 microM). The in vivo activity assessed by ip or per os administration in a carrageenan-induced edema test in rats showed that two compounds proved to be as potent as indomethacin (10 mg/kg). ..
- Dagher R, Briere C, Fève M, Zeniou M, Pigault C, Mazars C, et al. Calcium fingerprints induced by calmodulin interactors in eukaryotic cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:1068-77 pubmed publisher..In addition, the distinct Ca2+-fingerprints in tobacco and human tumor initiating glioblastoma cells induced by a given CaM interactor highlight the specificity of the Ca2+-signalosome in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Coppo P, Veyradier A. Thrombotic microangiopathies: towards a pathophysiology-based classification. Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets. 2009;9:36-50 pubmed..The major improvement in our understanding of TMA pathophysiology allows now a more accurate molecular classification of TMA syndromes, which opens fascinating perspectives of targeted therapies in the forthcoming years. ..
- El Khoury R, Sainsard Chanet A. Suppression of mitochondrial DNA instability of autosomal dominant forms of progressive external ophthalmoplegia-associated ANT1 mutations in Podospora anserina. Genetics. 2009;183:861-71 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the mtDNA instability caused by the S296M mutation was not suppressed by these alleles. ..
- Rodriguez Lucena D, Gaboriau F, Rivault F, Schalk I, Lescoat G, Mislin G. Synthesis and biological properties of iron chelators based on a bis-2-(2-hydroxy-phenyl)-thiazole-4-carboxamide or -thiocarboxamide (BHPTC) scaffold. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:689-95 pubmed publisher..Conversely, diamide BHPTCs had significant cytoprotective activity against iron overload in HepaRG cells in vitro, and were as efficient as and less toxic than deferoxamine B (DFO). ..
- Guilhem G, Cornu C, Guevel A. Neuromuscular and muscle-tendon system adaptations to isotonic and isokinetic eccentric exercise. Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2010;53:319-41 pubmed publisher..However, the specific muscle adaptations induced by each mode remain difficult to determine due to the lack of standardized, comparative studies. ..
- Oussaief L, Ramirez V, Hippocrate A, Arbach H, Cochet C, Proust A, et al. NF-kappaB-mediated modulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase activity controls induction of the Epstein-Barr virus productive cycle by transforming growth factor beta 1. J Virol. 2011;85:6502-12 pubmed publisher..Dissection of the steps involved in the switch from the EBV latent cycle to the lytic cycle will be important to understand how virus-host relationships modulate the innate immune system. ..
- Pantel A, Petrella S, Matrat S, Brossier F, Bastian S, Reitter D, et al. DNA gyrase inhibition assays are necessary to demonstrate fluoroquinolone resistance secondary to gyrB mutations in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:4524-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the use of FQ in the treatment of tuberculosis (TB) patients should not be ruled out only on the basis of the presence of mutations in gyrB. ..
- Chouabe C, Eyraud V, Da Silva P, Rahioui I, Royer C, Soulage C, et al. New mode of action for a knottin protein bioinsecticide: pea albumin 1 subunit b (PA1b) is the first peptidic inhibitor of V-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36291-6 pubmed publisher..The search for V-ATPase inhibitors is currently of great importance because it has been demonstrated that V-ATPase plays a role in so many physiological processes. ..
- Charroux B, Royet J. Gut-microbiota interactions in non-mammals: what can we learn from Drosophila?. Semin Immunol. 2012;24:17-24 pubmed publisher..It further may help us understand how an alteration of these finely tuned processes precipitates the inflammatory processes found in some inflammatory bowel diseases. ..
- Corruble E, de Bodinat C, Belaïdi C, Goodwin G. Efficacy of agomelatine and escitalopram on depression, subjective sleep and emotional experiences in patients with major depressive disorder: a 24-wk randomized, controlled, double-blind trial. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013;16:2219-34 pubmed publisher..5 vs. 10.6%). The findings suggest that agomelatine displays additional long-term clinical benefits on sleep-wake quality and emotional experiences over escitalopram in the management of depression...
- ..Despite a comprehensive work-up, about one third of cases remains unexplained leading to the diagnosis of cryptogenic ischemic stroke. ..
- Maillet M, Glehen O, Lambert J, Goere D, Pocard M, Msika S, et al. Early Postoperative Chemotherapy After Complete Cytoreduction and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Isolated Peritoneal Carcinomatosis of Colon Cancer: A Multicenter Study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:863-9 pubmed publisher..Early postoperative CT does not improve OS after CRS and HIPEC for colon carcinomatosis. However, a transient effect on PFS and PRFS was observed. A subgroup of patients who may benefit more from CT remain to be defined. ..
- Di Giovanni G, De DeurwaerdÃ¨re P. New therapeutic opportunities for 5-HT2C receptor ligands in neuropsychiatric disorders. Pharmacol Ther. 2016;157:125-62 pubmed publisher..Notably, we will focus this evidence in the context of the physiopathology of psychiatric and neurological disorders including Parkinson's disease, levodopa-induced dyskinesia, and epilepsy. ..
- Ndeh D, Rogowski A, Cartmell A, Luís A, BaslÃ© A, GRAY J, et al. Complex pectin metabolism by gut bacteria reveals novel catalytic functions. Nature. 2017;544:65-70 pubmed publisher..The degradation system informs revision of the current structural model of rhamnogalacturonan-II and highlights how individual gut bacteria orchestrate manifold enzymes to metabolize the most challenging glycan in the human diet. ..
- Shabani S, Zakeri S, Salmanian A, Amani J, Mehrizi A, Snounou G, et al. Biological, immunological and functional properties of two novel multi-variant chimeric recombinant proteins of CSP antigens for vaccine development against Plasmodium vivax infection. Mol Immunol. 2017;90:158-171 pubmed publisher
- Gomez D, Coyet A, Ollivier V, Jeunemaitre X, Jondeau G, Michel J, et al. Epigenetic control of vascular smooth muscle cells in Marfan and non-Marfan thoracic aortic aneurysms. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;89:446-56 pubmed publisher..However, the relation between the aetiological diversity and the common cell phenotype with respect to TGF-? signalling remains unexplained...
- Wierinckx A, Mercier D, Oulmouden A, Petit J, Julien R. Complete genomic organization of futb encoding a bovine alpha 3-fucosyltransferase: exons in human orthologous genes emerged from ancestral intronic sequences. Mol Biol Evol. 1999;16:1535-47 pubmed
- Biola A, Lefebvre P, Perrin Wolff M, Sturm M, Bertoglio J, Pallardy M. Interleukin-2 inhibits glucocorticoid receptor transcriptional activity through a mechanism involving STAT5 (signal transducer and activator of transcription 5) but not AP-1. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:1062-76 pubmed
- Bordier P, Comiant I, Robert F, Touchard P, Chourbagi M. [Acute myocardial infarction management in a hospital center with emergency ambulance service and intensive care unit, without cardiac catheterization laboratory]. Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris). 2002;51:181-7 pubmed..We report our experience about acute myocardial infarction management in a small hospital with no possibility of coronarography...
- Chakrabarti L. The paradox of simian immunodeficiency virus infection in sooty mangabeys: active viral replication without disease progression. Front Biosci. 2004;9:521-39 pubmed..The comparative analysis of simian models thus suggests that viral load alone cannot account for progression to disease, and that the capacity of primate lentiviruses to induce abnormal immune activation underlies AIDS pathogenesis...
- Castedo M, Perfettini J, Andreau K, Roumier T, Piacentini M, Kroemer G. Mitochondrial apoptosis induced by the HIV-1 envelope. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;1010:19-28 pubmed..The implications of these findings for the pathophysiology of HIV-1 infection is discussed. ..
- Nohynek G, Skare J, Meuling W, Hein D, De Bie A, Toutain H. Urinary acetylated metabolites and N-acetyltransferase-2 genotype in human subjects treated with a para-phenylenediamine-containing oxidative hair dye. Food Chem Toxicol. 2004;42:1885-91 pubmed..9%, respectively. Overall, our results suggest that the human acetylation rate of PPD after topical application is independent of the NAT2 genotype status, most likely due to metabolism by epidermal NAT1 prior to systemic absorption. ..
- Degerny C, Monte D, Beaudoin C, Jaffray E, Portois L, Hay R, et al. SUMO modification of the Ets-related transcription factor ERM inhibits its transcriptional activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24330-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ERM is subject to SUMO modification and that this post-translational modification causes inhibition of transcription-enhancing activity. ..
- Sabbah E, Druillennec S, Morellet N, Bouaziz S, Kroemer G, Roques B. Interaction between the HIV-1 protein Vpr and the adenine nucleotide translocator. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2006;67:145-54 pubmed..These results could be used to design molecules acting as pro-apoptotic Vpr analogs or as apoptosis inhibitors preventing the Vpr-ANT interaction. ..
- Vinckier F, Naccache L, Papeix C, Forget J, Hahn Barma V, Dehaene S, et al. "What" and "where" in word reading: ventral coding of written words revealed by parietal atrophy. J Cogn Neurosci. 2006;18:1998-2012 pubmed
- Martelli A, Salin B, Dycke C, Louwagie M, Andrieu J, Richaud P, et al. Folding and turnover of human iron regulatory protein 1 depend on its subcellular localization. FEBS J. 2007;274:1083-92 pubmed..Thus, proper folding of human IRP1 strongly depends on its cellular environment, in contrast to other members of the aconitase family. ..
- Raimbault C, Saliba E, Porter R. The effect of the odour of mother's milk on breastfeeding behaviour of premature neonates. Acta Paediatr. 2007;96:368-71 pubmed..Brief exposure to the odour of mother's milk prior to early breastfeeding trials had a positive effect on sucking behaviour and milk ingestion of preterm babies, which in turn resulted in a shortened stay in the hospital. ..
- Antonicelli F, Bellon G, Debelle L, Hornebeck W. Elastin-elastases and inflamm-aging. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2007;79:99-155 pubmed
- Martin C, Thierry G, Demonet J, Roberts M, Nazir T. ERP evidence for the split fovea theory. Brain Res. 2007;1185:212-20 pubmed..IHTT was marginally shorter in control participants as compared to participants with developmental dyslexia, and the faster transfer to the left hemisphere seen in the former was not found in the latter...
- Goudet G, Mugnier S, Callebaut I, Monget P. Phylogenetic analysis and identification of pseudogenes reveal a progressive loss of zona pellucida genes during evolution of vertebrates. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:796-806 pubmed..Our review provides new directions to investigate the molecular basis of sperm-egg recognition, a mechanism which is not yet elucidated. ..
- Tesniere A, Apetoh L, Ghiringhelli F, Joza N, Panaretakis T, Kepp O, et al. Immunogenic cancer cell death: a key-lock paradigm. Curr Opin Immunol. 2008;20:504-11 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, numerous details on the molecular events that define immunogenicity remain to be defined, both at the level of the dying cancer cells and at the level of the responding innate effectors. ..
- Richecoeur M, Massoure M, Le Coadou G, Lipovac A, Bronstein J, Delluc C. [Acute hepatic failure as the presenting manifestation of a metastatic lung carcinoma to liver]. Rev Med Interne. 2009;30:911-3 pubmed publisher..The diagnosis was obtained with post-mortem study. A Medline search of acute liver failure due to small-cell carcinoma identified only 17 cases already published, with a universally poor prognosis...
- Kaddar N, Bendridi N, Harthé C, de Ravel M, Bienvenu A, Cuilleron C, et al. Development of a radioimmunoassay for the measurement of Bisphenol A in biological samples. Anal Chim Acta. 2009;645:1-4 pubmed publisher..92) or HPLC coupled to a fluorescence detector (r2 = 0.80). In conclusion, we described a BPA-RIA that is a suitable tool for evaluating human exposure to BPA. ..
- Jacques C, Perdu E, Duplan H, Jamin E, Canlet C, Debrauwer L, et al. Disposition and biotransformation of 14C-Benzo(a)pyrene in a pig ear skin model: ex vivo and in vitro approaches. Toxicol Lett. 2010;199:22-33 pubmed publisher..This ex vivo model, which combines a functional skin barrier and active biotransformation capabilities, appears to represent a valuable alternative tool in transdermal exposure studies...
- Hug F, Turpin N, Couturier A, Dorel S. Consistency of muscle synergies during pedaling across different mechanical constraints. J Neurophysiol. 2011;106:91-103 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results support the hypothesis that these muscle synergies reflect a neural control strategy, with only a few timing adjustments in their activation regarding the mechanical constraints. ..
- Hernandez Verdun D. Assembly and disassembly of the nucleolus during the cell cycle. Nucleus. 2011;2:189-94 pubmed publisher..The dynamics of assembly/disassembly of the nucleolus is time and space regulated...
- Popoff M, Poulain B. Bacterial toxins and the nervous system: neurotoxins and multipotential toxins interacting with neuronal cells. Toxins (Basel). 2010;2:683-737 pubmed publisher..Other toxins can pass the blood brain barrier and directly act on specific neurons. ..
- Hartl D, Leboulleux S, Al Ghuzlan A, Baudin E, Chami L, Schlumberger M, et al. Optimization of staging of the neck with prophylactic central and lateral neck dissection for papillary thyroid carcinoma. Ann Surg. 2012;255:777-83 pubmed publisher..0001). For staging, bilateral prophylactic CND is preferable to unilateral CND. Prophylactic CND with LND optimizes staging providing a basis for a personalized approach for adjuvant radioiodine. ..
- Renvoisé B, Quérol G, Verrier E, Burlet P, Lefebvre S. A role for protein phosphatase PP1? in SMN complex formation and subnuclear localization to Cajal bodies. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2862-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a role of PP1? in the formation of the SMN complex and the maintenance of CB integrity. Finally, we propose Gemin8 interaction with PP1? as a target for therapeutic intervention in SMA. ..
- Besnard A, Struyf S, Guabiraba R, Fauconnier L, Rouxel N, Proost P, et al. CXCL6 antibody neutralization prevents lung inflammation and fibrosis in mice in the bleomycin model. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;94:1317-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the data suggest that CXCL6 contributes to experimental pulmonary fibrosis, and CXCL6 inhibition might be used to reduce lung toxicity associated with bleomycin treatment. ..
- Rey J, Buffet P, Ciceron L, Milon G, Mercereau Puijalon O, Safeukui I. Reduced erythrocyte deformability associated with hypoargininemia during Plasmodium falciparum malaria. Sci Rep. 2014;4:3767 pubmed publisher..These data show that hypoargininemia during P. falciparum malaria may altogether impair NO production and reduce RBC deformability, particularly at febrile temperature. ..
- MoltÃ³ A, Dougados M. Comorbidity indices. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2014;32:S-131-4 pubmed..Self-administered questionnaires could be a valid and reliable alternative approach to assess comorbidities, and a tool to be included in prospective studies. ..
- Oger A, Boukerrou M, Cutuli B, Campion L, Rousseau E, BussiÃ¨res E, et al. [Male breast cancer: prognostic factors, diagnosis and treatment: a multi-institutional survey of 95 cases]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil. 2015;43:290-6 pubmed publisher..The diagnosis is usually made at later stages, and tumor size is often greater. Histological characteristics also differ. However, the treatment is almost identical. ..
- Thibault V, Leguelinel Blache G, Obled S, Loriot V, Phouttasang V, Wolf P, et al. [Chemotherapy for colorectal cancer: Pragmatic assessment of prescription changes and relative dose intensity]. Bull Cancer. 2017;104:714-720 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of toxicities before the patient's arrival is expected to target patients for which the drug preparation can be anticipated and for which a cycle postponement, dose adjustment or discontinuation is necessary. ..
- Taouis M, Taylor S, Reitman M. Cloning of the chicken insulin receptor substrate 1 gene. Gene. 1996;178:51-5 pubmed..Chicken IRS-1 is structurally and functionally similar to its human homolog, despite the difference in blood glucose levels and the evolutionary distance between birds and mammals. ..
- Martin A, Benichou D, Chao S, Cohen L, Lemon S. Maturation of the hepatitis A virus capsid protein VP1 is not dependent on processing by the 3Cpro proteinase. J Virol. 1999;73:6220-7 pubmed..These data indicate that maturation of the HAV VP1 capsid protein is not dependent on 3Cpro processing and may thus be uniquely dependent on a cellular proteinase. ..
- Deplanque G, Vincent F, Mah Becherel M, Cazenave J, Bergerat J, Klein Soyer C. Caffeine does not cause override of the G2/M block induced by UVc or gamma radiation in normal human skin fibroblasts. Br J Cancer. 2000;83:346-53 pubmed
- Chistiakov D, Savost anov K, Nosikov V. CTLA4 gene polymorphisms are associated with, and linked to, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus in a Russian population. BMC Genet. 2001;2:6 pubmed..26) and allele 17 of the dinucleotide marker (MLS=3.14) was observed in IBD-affected sibling pairs. The CTLA4 gene is strongly associated with, and linked to IDDM in a Russian population. ..
- Torreilles F, Touchon J. Pathogenic theories and intrathecal analysis of the sporadic form of Alzheimer's disease. Prog Neurobiol. 2002;66:191-203 pubmed..The present review analyzes the main results of intrathecal content analyses in light of pathogenic theories proposed to explain the damage associated with AD and observed in the brain of patients by postmortem examination. ..
- Zanetta J, Bindeus R, Normand G, Durier V, Lagant P, Maes E, et al. Evidence for a lectin activity for human interleukin 3 and modeling of its carbohydrate recognition domain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38764-71 pubmed..This change from a rare and specific ligand to a more abundant constituent of proteoglycans could induce an increased quantitative association between the IL-3 receptors and its ligands and, consequently, an increased signaling. ..
- Lepercq J, Hauguel de Mouzon S, Timsit J, Catalano P. Fetal macrosomia and maternal weight gain during pregnancy. Diabetes Metab. 2002;28:323-8 pubmed..The corrected weight gain is a better estimate of true accretion of maternal weight. Our results suggest that recommendations for weight gain during pregnancy should take this index into account. ..
- Cosnes J, Nion Larmurier I, Afchain P, Beaugerie L, Gendre J. Gender differences in the response of colitis to smoking. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004;2:41-8 pubmed..01), but not men. The dual effects of smoking in colitis, beneficial in ulcerative colitis and harmful in Crohn's colitis, are modulated importantly by gender, with women having more disadvantage than men. ..
- Vantyghem M, Pigny P, Maurage C, Rouaix Emery N, Stojkovic T, Cuisset J, et al. Patients with familial partial lipodystrophy of the Dunnigan type due to a LMNA R482W mutation show muscular and cardiac abnormalities. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:5337-46 pubmed..Cardiac hypertrophy and advanced atherosclerosis were frequent. FPLD patients should receive careful neuromuscular and cardiac examination whatever the underlying LMNA mutation. ..
- Rangone H, Pardo R, Colin E, Girault J, Saudou F, Humbert S. Phosphorylation of arfaptin 2 at Ser260 by Akt Inhibits PolyQ-huntingtin-induced toxicity by rescuing proteasome impairment. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22021-8 pubmed..This study points out a new mechanism by which Akt promotes neuroprotection in HD, emphasizing the potential therapeutic interest of this pathway in the disease. ..
- Watanabe M, Houten S, Mataki C, Christoffolete M, Kim B, Sato H, et al. Bile acids induce energy expenditure by promoting intracellular thyroid hormone activation. Nature. 2006;439:484-9 pubmed..The BA-TGR5-cAMP-D2 signalling pathway is therefore a crucial mechanism for fine-tuning energy homeostasis that can be targeted to improve metabolic control. ..
- Schibler L, Roig A, Mahé M, Laurent P, Hayes H, Rodolphe F, et al. High-resolution comparative mapping among man, cattle and mouse suggests a role for repeat sequences in mammalian genome evolution. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:194 pubmed..In this work, we have explored the presence of interspersed repeats in regions of chromosomal rearrangements, using an updated high-resolution integrated comparative map among cattle, man and mouse...
- Lamant M, Smih F, Harmancey R, Philip Couderc P, Pathak A, Roncalli J, et al. ApoO, a novel apolipoprotein, is an original glycoprotein up-regulated by diabetes in human heart. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36289-302 pubmed..Apolipoprotein O may be involved in myocardium-protective mechanisms against lipid accumulation, or it may have specific properties mediated by its unique glycosylation pattern. ..
- Horn V, Thélu J, Garcia A, Albiges Rizo C, Block M, Viallet J. Functional interaction of Aurora-A and PP2A during mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1233-41 pubmed
- Collin G, Franco M, Simon V, Benistant C, Roche S. The Tom1L1-clathrin heavy chain complex regulates membrane partitioning of the tyrosine kinase Src required for mitogenic and transforming activities. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7631-40 pubmed..We concluded that the Tom1L1-CHC complex defines a novel mechanism involved in negative regulation of mitogenic and transforming signals, by modulating SFK partitioning at the plasma membrane. ..
- Duchemin J, Pan Petesch B, Arnaud B, Blouch M, Abgrall J. Influence of coagulation factors and tissue factor concentration on the thrombin generation test in plasma. Thromb Haemost. 2008;99:767-73 pubmed publisher..ETP was not the most critical parameter for studying coagulation factor deficiencies. Instead, peak thrombin was the most sensitive parameter. ..
- Pernet P, Bénéteau Burnat B, Vaubourdolle M, Maury E, Offenstadt G. False elevation of blood lactate reveals ethylene glycol poisoning. Am J Emerg Med. 2009;27:132.e1-2 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of potent artifactual lactate results was the key to the diagnosis of ethylene glycol poisoning, and false lactate measurements were found at the central laboratory on our 3 different blood gas analyzers. ..
- Féréol S, Fodil R, Laurent V, Balland M, Louis B, Pelle G, et al. Prestress and adhesion site dynamics control cell sensitivity to extracellular stiffness. Biophys J. 2009;96:2009-22 pubmed publisher..Altogether, theory and experiments consistently show that adhesion site dynamics and cytoskeleton prestress control cell sensitivity to extracellular environment with an optimal sensitivity expected in the intermediate range. ..
- Druesne Pecollo N, Latino Martel P, Norat T, Barrandon E, Bertrais S, Galan P, et al. Beta-carotene supplementation and cancer risk: a systematic review and metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:172-84 pubmed publisher..This study adds to the evidence that nutritional prevention of cancer through beta-carotene supplementation should not be recommended. ..
- Jacquin J, Chargari C, Thorin J, Mille D, Mélis A, Orfeuvre H, et al. Phase II trial of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in combination with gemcitabine in metastatic breast cancer patients. Am J Clin Oncol. 2012;35:18-21 pubmed publisher..8 months and 19 months, respectively. This combination was efficient, but not well tolerated. From these results, we could not recommend these doses for further assessment and lower doses should be preferred. ..
- Gourzones C, Barjon C, Busson P. Host-tumor interactions in nasopharyngeal carcinomas. Semin Cancer Biol. 2012;22:127-36 pubmed publisher..In the future, new therapeutic modalities will probably aim at breaking immune tolerance or at blocking cellular interactions critical for tumor growth. ..
- Toledano C, Gain M, Kettaneh A, Baudin B, Johanet C, Cherin P, et al. Aldolase predicts subsequent myopathy occurrence in systemic sclerosis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R152 pubmed publisher..001. Increased plasma aldolase level accurately identified SSc patients with high risk to develop subsequent Myo-SSc. This could help initiate appropriate treatment when the disabling muscle damage is still in a reversible stage. ..
- Molinie F, Leux C, Delafosse P, Ayrault Piault S, Arveux P, Woronoff A, et al. Waiting time disparities in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment: a population-based study in France. Breast. 2013;22:810-6 pubmed publisher..Better scheduling of diagnostic tests and treatment propositions should improve waiting times in the management of breast cancer in France. ..
- Tauziède Espariat A, Maués De Paula A, Pages M, Laquerriere A, Caietta E, Delpont B, et al. Primary Leptomeningeal Gliomatosis in Children and Adults: A Morphological and Molecular Comparative Study With Literature Review. Neurosurgery. 2016;78:343-52 pubmed publisher..PLG seems to have a different molecular and immunohistochemical pattern compared with intraparenchymal malignant gliomas. ..
- Che H, Etcheto A, Dernis E, Nataf H, Boumier P, Breuillard P, et al. Evaluation of collected outcome measures in axial spondyloarthritis in daily-care rheumatology settings: the experience of the RHEVER network. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:851-7 pubmed..However, it suggests that a consensual meeting involving practicing rheumatologists might be relevant to improve the implementation of such recommendations. ..
- Sams L, Paume J, Giallo J, CarriÃ¨re F. Relevant pH and lipase for in vitro models of gastric digestion. Food Funct. 2016;7:30-45 pubmed publisher..Most of these properties have been known for more than two decades and should provide a rational basis for the replacement of gastric lipase by other lipases when gastric lipase is not available. ..
- Diop M, Howsam M, Diop C, Goossens J, Diouf A, Amara R. Assessment of trace element contamination and bioaccumulation in algae (Ulva lactuca), mussels (Perna perna), shrimp (Penaeus kerathurus), and fish (Mugil cephalus, Saratherondon melanotheron) along the Senegalese coast. Mar Pollut Bull. 2016;103:339-343 pubmed publisher..For shrimp and mussel, the concentrations of Pb and Cd were below the EU's maximum level for human consumption, however high concentrations of arsenic in shrimp were recorded at all sites. ..
- Slaghenaufi D, Perello M, Marchand S, De Revel G. Quantification of megastigmatrienone, a potential contributor to tobacco aroma in spirits. Food Chem. 2016;203:41-48 pubmed publisher..The Armagnac and Cognac samples were distinguished by their concentrations of the megastigma-4,6Z,8E-trien-3-one isomer. ..
- Drancourt M, Carlioz A, Raoult D. rpoB sequence analysis of cultured Tropheryma whippelii. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:2425-30 pubmed..This study underscores that a method involving isolation and then propagation of emerging bacteria is a useful way to quickly achieve extensive molecular knowledge of these pathogens. ..
- Lacreuse I, Valla J, De Lagausie P, Varlet F, Heloury Y, Temporal G, et al. Thoracoscopic resection of neurogenic tumors in children. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:1725-8 pubmed..It avoids cosmetic and functional disorders because of thoracotomy. It allows a good cosmetic resection without spillage. ..
- Mostefai H, Meziani F, Mastronardi M, Agouni A, Heymes C, Sargentini C, et al. Circulating microparticles from patients with septic shock exert protective role in vascular function. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008;178:1148-55 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that increased circulating microparticles are protective against vascular hyporeactivity accounting for hypotension in patients with septic shock. ..
- Gallot V, Berwanger da Silva A, Genro V, Grynberg M, Frydman N, Fanchin R. Antral follicle responsiveness to follicle-stimulating hormone administration assessed by the Follicular Output RaTe (FORT) may predict in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer outcome. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:1066-72 pubmed publisher..Looking for a qualitative marker of ovarian function, we aimed to verify whether responsiveness of antral follicles to FSH administration, as reflected by the Follicular Output RaTe (FORT), is related to their reproductive competence...
- Guiramand J, Montmayeur J, Ceraline J, Bhatia M, Borrelli E. Alternative splicing of the dopamine D2 receptor directs specificity of coupling to G-proteins. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:7354-8 pubmed..Our analysis identified two mutants, S259/262A and D249V, with these properties. These results clearly show that the insert present in D2L plays a critical role in the selectivity for the G-proteins interacting with the receptor. ..
- Wieczorek E, Brand M, Jacq X, Tora L. Function of TAF(II)-containing complex without TBP in transcription by RNA polymerase II. Nature. 1998;393:187-91 pubmed..These results indicate that TBP-free RNA polymerase II mediated transcription may be able to occur in mammalian cells and that multiple preinitiation complexes may play an important role in regulating gene expression. ..
- Manrique A, Koning R, Cribier A, Vera P. Effect of temporal sampling on evaluation of left ventricular ejection fraction by means of thallium-201 gated SPET: comparison of 16- and 8-interval gating, with reference to equilibrium radionuclide angiography. Eur J Nucl Med. 2000;27:694-9 pubmed..0%+/-9.6% in women and 3.6%+/-7.6% in men, P=0.01). In conclusion, 16-interval thallium gated SPET offered the best correlation and agreement with ERNA, and should be preferred to 8-interval gated acquisition for LVEF measurement. ..
- Fiet J, Giton F, Boudou P, Villette J, Soliman H, Morineau G, et al. A new specific and sensitive time resolved-fluoroimmunoassay of 11-deoxycortisol in serum. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2001;77:143-50 pubmed..Moreover, this non-isotopic assay is cheaper than RIA. ..
- Lagresle C, Gardie B, Eyquem S, Fasseu M, Vieville J, Pla M, et al. Transgenic expression of the p16(INK4a) cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor leads to enhanced apoptosis and differentiation arrest of CD4-CD8- immature thymocytes. J Immunol. 2002;168:2325-31 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that expression of p16(INK4a) prevents the pre-TCR-mediated expansion and/or survival of differentiating thymocytes. ..
- Da Silva E, Shahgaldian P, Coleman A. Haemolytic properties of some water-soluble para-sulphonato-calix-[n]-arenes. Int J Pharm. 2004;273:57-62 pubmed..The presence of an ethoxy-amine function increases the haemolytic behaviour for the calix--arene and calix--arene systems, but reduces the effect for the calix--arene derivatives. ..
- Menuet A, Le Page Y, Torres O, Kern L, Kah O, Pakdel F. Analysis of the estrogen regulation of the zebrafish estrogen receptor (ER) reveals distinct effects of ERalpha, ERbeta1 and ERbeta2. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;32:975-86 pubmed..Altogether, these results indicated that the two ERbeta forms recently characterized in teleost fish could have partially distinct and not redundant functions. ..
- Govin J, Caron C, Lestrat C, Rousseaux S, Khochbin S. The role of histones in chromatin remodelling during mammalian spermiogenesis. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3459-69 pubmed..This review will detail these two phenomena and discuss possible functional significance of the global chromatin alterations occurring prior to histone replacement during spermiogenesis. ..
- Beaudreuil J, Balasubramanian S, Chenais J, Taboulet J, Frenkian M, Orcel P, et al. Molecular characterization of two novel isoforms of the human calcitonin receptor. Gene. 2004;343:143-51 pubmed..Our findings therefore indicate the existence of two novel splice variants of the H-CTR and confirm that multiple splicing patterns could be involved in the post-transcriptional regulation of the gene. ..