Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Denmark
Publications1830 found, 100 shown here
- Heitmann B, Lissner L. Hip Hip Hurrah! Hip size inversely related to heart disease and total mortality. Obes Rev. 2011;12:478-81 pubmed publisher..In this 'viewpoint', we wish to draw attention to the emerging body of evidence and to encourage researchers to continue collecting measures of lower body size in their surveys...
- Olsen C, Moreira J, Lukanidin E, Ambartsumian N. Human mammary fibroblasts stimulate invasion of breast cancer cells in a three-dimensional culture and increase stroma development in mouse xenografts. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:444 pubmed publisher..We propose that enhanced development of mouse host-derived tumour stroma in a MCF7S1 co-injection xenograft model leads to oestrogen independency and is triggered by the initial presence of human fibroblasts. ..
- Hansen T, Ingason A, Djurovic S, Melle I, Fenger M, Gustafsson O, et al. At-risk variant in TCF7L2 for type II diabetes increases risk of schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2011;70:59-63 pubmed publisher..This study also demonstrates how genetic studies can successfully examine an epidemiologically derived hypothesis of comorbidity. ..
- Johansson P, Stensballe J, Rasmussen L, Ostrowski S. A high admission syndecan-1 level, a marker of endothelial glycocalyx degradation, is associated with inflammation, protein C depletion, fibrinolysis, and increased mortality in trauma patients. Ann Surg. 2011;254:194-200 pubmed publisher..01 [95%CI, 1.00-1.02]; P = 0.043). In trauma patients, high circulating syndecan-1, a marker of endothelial glycocalyx degradation, is associated with inflammation, coagulopathy and increased mortality. ..
- Arweiler I, Buchholz J. The influence of spectral characteristics of early reflections on speech intelligibility. J Acoust Soc Am. 2011;130:996-1005 pubmed publisher..The efficiency loss for the ERs was mainly ascribed to their altered spectrum compared to the DS and to the filtering by the torso, head, and pinna. No binaural processing other than a binaural summation effect could be observed. ..
- Ågård A, Egerod I, Tønnesen E, Lomborg K. Struggling for independence: a grounded theory study on convalescence of ICU survivors 12 months post ICU discharge. Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2012;28:105-13 pubmed publisher..To explore and explain the challenges, concerns, and coping modalities in ICU-survivors living with a partner or spouse during the first 12 months post ICU discharge...
- Rothausen B, Matthiessen J, Hoppe C, Brockhoff P, Andersen L, Tetens I. Differences in Danish children's diet quality on weekdays v. weekend days. Public Health Nutr. 2012;15:1653-60 pubmed publisher..To compare differences in children's diet quality on weekdays (Monday-Thursday), Fridays and weekend days...
- Frederiksen C, Juhl Olsen P, Nielsen D, Eika B, Sloth E. Limited intervention improves technical skill in focus assessed transthoracic echocardiography among novice examiners. BMC Med Educ. 2012;12:65 pubmed publisher..8 (CI 88.8-90.9). Improvement of technical skills in FATE can be achieved with a limited intervention and upon completion of intervention 93% of images achieved are suitable for clinical interpretation. ..
- Benned Jensen T, Norn C, Laurent S, Madsen C, Larsen H, Arfelt K, et al. Molecular characterization of oxysterol binding to the Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 2 (GPR183). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:35470-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we present the first molecular characterization of oxysterol binding to a 7TM receptor and identify position II:20/2.60 as a generally important residue for ligand binding in certain 7TM receptors. ..
- Jensen L, Pedersen A, Andersen B, Vedsted P. Identifying specific non-attending groups in breast cancer screening--population-based registry study of participation and socio-demography. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:518 pubmed publisher..Compared to active non-participants, passive non-participants were characterized by e.g. lower income and lower educational level. Different interventions might be warranted to increase participation in the two non-participant groups. ..
- Karlsen S, Fynne L, Grønbæk H, Krogh K. Small intestinal transit in patients with liver cirrhosis and portal hypertension: a descriptive study. BMC Gastroenterol. 2012;12:176 pubmed publisher..Patients with liver cirrhosis and portal hypertension demonstrated faster-than-normal transit through the proximal small intestine. This may be due to an overactive bowel, as suggested by previous studies. ..
- Holst Andersen L, Werner M, Rosenberg J, Gogenur I. [Procedure specific pain management in relation to laparoscopic colonic surgery]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2013;175:721-5 pubmed..Moreover, side effects of the analgesics are presented and individually discussed in relation to the specific procedure. We present recommendations for pain management in relation to laparoscopic colonic resection. ..
- Song H, von Heymann C, Jespersen C, Karkouti K, Korte W, Levy J, et al. Safe application of a restrictive transfusion protocol in moderate-risk patients undergoing cardiac operations. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014;97:1630-5 pubmed publisher..This strategy has significant potential to reduce transfusion and resource utilization in these patients, standardize transfusion practices across institutions, and increase the safety of cardiac operations. ..
- Bonde J, Utzon Frank N, Bertelsen M, Borritz M, Eller N, Nordentoft M, et al. Risk of depressive disorder following disasters and military deployment: systematic review with meta-analysis. Br J Psychiatry. 2016;208:330-6 pubmed publisher..41 (95% CI 1.06-1.87). Disasters and combat experience substantially increase the risk of depression. Whether psychological trauma per se or bereavement is on the causal path is unresolved. ..
- Yang D, de Graaf C, Yang L, Song G, Dai A, Cai X, et al. Structural Determinants of Binding the Seven-transmembrane Domain of the Glucagon-like Peptide-1 Receptor (GLP-1R). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12991-3004 pubmed publisher..These differences in binding modes may account for the pharmacological differences between GLP-1 peptide variants. ..
- Lin L, Petersen T, Jensen K, Bolund L, Kühn R, Luo Y. Fusion of SpCas9 to E. coli Rec A protein enhances CRISPR-Cas9 mediated gene knockout in mammalian cells. J Biotechnol. 2017;247:42-49 pubmed publisher..This approach may form the basis for further investigations of the applications of recombinant Cas9 proteins to fine-tuning DSB repair pathways in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Kjaer A, Knigge U, Jørgensen H, Warberg J. Dehydration-induced vasopressin secretion in humans: involvement of the histaminergic system. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000;279:E1305-10 pubmed..In addition, the regulation of aldosterone secretion during dehydration also seems to involve the histaminergic system via H(1) and H(2) receptors...
- Mailand N, Podtelejnikov A, Groth A, Mann M, Bartek J, Lukas J. Regulation of G(2)/M events by Cdc25A through phosphorylation-dependent modulation of its stability. EMBO J. 2002;21:5911-20 pubmed..Thus, phosphorylation-mediated switches among three differentially stable forms ensure distinct thresholds, and thereby distinct roles for Cdc25A in multiple cell cycle transitions and checkpoints. ..
- Frank Hansen R, Larsen L, Andersen P, Jespersgaard C, Christiansen M. Mutations in the genes KCND2 and KCND3 encoding the ion channels Kv4.2 and Kv4.3, conducting the cardiac fast transient outward current (ITO,f), are not a frequent cause of long QT syndrome. Clin Chim Acta. 2005;351:95-100 pubmed..None of the five exonic SNPs had coding effect. All seven SNPs are considered normal variants. The data suggest that mutations in KCND2 and KCND3 are not a frequent cause of long QT syndrome. ..
- Hobolth A, Jensen J. Applications of hidden Markov models for characterization of homologous DNA sequences with a common gene. J Comput Biol. 2005;12:186-203 pubmed..This unified model is particularly useful for a detailed characterization of DNA sequences with a common gene. We illustrate the model on a variety of homologous sequences. ..
- Pedersen M, Vinzents P, Petersen J, Kleinjans J, Plas G, Kirsch Volders M, et al. Cytogenetic effects in children and mothers exposed to air pollution assessed by the frequency of micronuclei and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH): a family pilot study in the Czech Republic. Mutat Res. 2006;608:112-20 pubmed
- Hoeyer K. The power of ethics: a case study from Sweden on the social life of moral concerns in policy processes. Sociol Health Illn. 2006;28:785-801 pubmed..However, their perceptions of trust, fairness and what it is that needs protection differ significantly. I conclude by considering the implications of variances in moral perspectives for the social study of ethics. ..
- Von Buchwald C, Bradley P. Risks of malignancy in inverted papilloma of the nose and paranasal sinuses. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007;15:95-8 pubmed..As most recurrences are due to incomplete resection, it is mandatory to perform a close follow-up, with biopsies performed when indicated. Life-long follow-up is recommended. ..
- Paulsen S, Nielsen M, Richelsen B, Bruun J, Flyvbjerg A, Pedersen S. Upregulation of adipose 11-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 expression in ovariectomized rats is due to obesity rather than lack of estrogen. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:731-5 pubmed publisher..In the in vitro studies, no direct effect of estrogen on adipose 11beta-HSD1 was found. The upregulation of 11beta-HSD1 in ovariectomized rats was most likely due to changes in body composition rather than lack of estrogen. ..
- Baastrup C, Finnerup N. Pharmacological management of neuropathic pain following spinal cord injury. CNS Drugs. 2008;22:455-75 pubmed..Cannabinoids have been found to relieve other types of central pain, and serotonin noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors as well as opioids relieve peripheral neuropathic pain and may be used to treat patients with SCI pain. ..
- Kehler D, Christensen B, Lauritzen T, Christensen M, Edwards A, Risør M. Ambivalence related to potential lifestyle changes following preventive cardiovascular consultations in general practice: a qualitative study. BMC Fam Pract. 2008;9:50 pubmed publisher..Further studies with a wider range of patient characteristics are required to investigate the generalisability of the results. ..
- Freiberg J, Dahl M, Tybjaerg Hansen A, Grande P, Nordestgaard B. Leukotriene C4 synthase and ischemic cardiovascular disease and obstructive pulmonary disease in 13,000 individuals. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;46:579-86 pubmed..3) and 1.2 (1.0-1.5). These genotypes were not associated with risk of asthma or COPD. Leukotriene C4 synthase promoter genotypes influence risk of TIA and ischemic stroke, but not risk of IHD/coronary atherosclerosis, asthma, or COPD. ..
- Gutte H, Møller M, Pfeifer A, Thorup J, Borgwardt L, Borgwardt L, et al. Estimating GFR in children with 99mTc-DTPA renography: a comparison with single-sample 51Cr-EDTA clearance. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2010;30:169-74 pubmed publisher..Because our method is non-invasive and only takes 21 min, it may be preferable in many cases where an assessment of renal function is needed in children especially when renography is performed anyhow...
- Joergensen M, Brunner N, de Muckadell O. Comparison of circulating MMP-9, TIMP-1 and CA19-9 in the detection of pancreatic cancer. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:587-92 pubmed..Circulating MMP-9 and TIMP-1 were inferior to CA19-9 as markers for detecting pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and did not improve the diagnostic accuracy when combined with CA19-9. ..
- Eriksen J, Bjørn Yoshimoto W, Jørgensen T, Newman A, Gether U. Postendocytic sorting of constitutively internalized dopamine transporter in cell lines and dopaminergic neurons. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27289-301 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DAT is constitutively internalized and sorted in a ubiquitination-independent manner to late endosomes/lysosomes and in part to a Rab4 positive short loop recycling pathway. ..
- i Dali C, Hanson L, Barton N, Fogh J, Nair N, Lund A. Brain N-acetylaspartate levels correlate with motor function in metachromatic leukodystrophy. Neurology. 2010;75:1896-903 pubmed publisher..We suggest that NAA levels could serve as a sensitive biomarker in children with MLD. Proton MRS may provide a valuable tool for measuring the effects of treatment interventions in this disorder. ..
- Andersen V, Christensen J, Overvad K, Tjønneland A, Vogel U. Heme oxygenase-1 polymorphism is not associated with risk of colorectal cancer: a Danish prospective study. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;23:282-5 pubmed publisher..29). No interaction with meat intake was found (P value for interaction = 0.55). The studied HO-1 polymorphism was not associated with risk of CRC suggesting that heme from meat is not important in CRC development. ..
- Vilsbøll T, Christensen M, Junker A, Knop F, Gluud L. Effects of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists on weight loss: systematic review and meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials. BMJ. 2012;344:d7771 pubmed publisher..The present review provides evidence that treatment with GLP-1R agonists leads to weight loss in overweight or obese patients with or without type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Nygaard M, Soerensen M, Flachsbart F, Mengel From J, Tan Q, Schreiber S, et al. AKT1 fails to replicate as a longevity-associated gene in Danish and German nonagenarians and centenarians. Eur J Hum Genet. 2013;21:574-7 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results do not support AKT1 as a universal longevity-associated gene. ..
- BÃ¸dker M, Pisinger C, Toft U, JÃ¸rgensen T. The rise and fall of the world's first fat tax. Health Policy. 2015;119:737-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that the massive influence by industry stakeholders was not balanced with inputs from public health professionals, who should assume a more proactive role in policy-making. ..
- Clemmensen T, LÃ¸gstrup B, EiskjÃ¦r H, Poulsen S. Serial changes in longitudinal graft function and implications of acute cellular graft rejections during the first year after heart transplantation. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;17:184-93 pubmed publisher..13.2 Â± 2.1 mm ACR group, P < 0.05, 12 months after HTX. Gradual improvement of longitudinal LV and RV function was seen within the first year after HTX, but the degree of recovery was strongly influenced by ACR episodes. ..
- Poulsen E, Nielsen N, Jensen M, Nielsen E, Hjortdal J, Kim E, et al. LASIK surgery of granular corneal dystrophy type 2 patients leads to accumulation and differential proteolytic processing of transforming growth factor beta-induced protein (TGFBIp). Proteomics. 2016;16:539-43 pubmed publisher..Lastly, 2DE also revealed differential processing between GCD2 patients with a history of LASIK surgery when compared to healthy individuals. ..
- Laursen T, Støy S, Deleuran B, Vilstrup H, Grønbaek H, Sandahl T. The damage-associated molecular pattern HMGB1 is elevated in human alcoholic hepatitis, but does not seem to be a primary driver of inflammation. APMIS. 2016;124:741-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, AH patients have increased levels of HMGB1 in their blood. This combined with an increased TLR4 expression, but an unaffected cytokine response to HMGB1 suggest that HMGB1 is not the primary driver of inflammation in AH. ..
- Frobert O, Götberg M, Angerås O, Jonasson L, Erlinge D, Engstrøm T, et al. Design and rationale for the Influenza vaccination After Myocardial Infarction (IAMI) trial. A registry-based randomized clinical trial. Am Heart J. 2017;189:94-102 pubmed publisher..The trial is expected to provide highly relevant clinical data on the efficacy of influenza vaccine as secondary prevention after AMI. ..
- Frandsen S, Gehl J. Effect of calcium electroporation in combination with metformin in vivo and correlation between viability and intracellular ATP level after calcium electroporation in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181839 pubmed publisher..This effect was not augmented by metformin. Calcium electroporation is a possible novel anti-cancer treatment that has been shown to cause cell death associated with acute ATP depletion in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Hendil K, Khan S, Tanaka K. Simultaneous binding of PA28 and PA700 activators to 20 S proteasomes. Biochem J. 1998;332 ( Pt 3):749-54 pubmed..Conceivably, intact substrate proteins are recognized by PA700 and fed into proteasomes whose cleavage specificity is optimized for antigen presentation on MHC class I by PA28 and three interferon inducible proteasome subunits. ..
- Pørksen N, Juhl C, Hollingdal M, Pincus S, Sturis J, Veldhuis J, et al. Concordant induction of rapid in vivo pulsatile insulin secretion by recurrent punctuated glucose infusions. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000;278:E162-70 pubmed
- Sonnesen L, Bakke M, Solow B. Temporomandibular disorders in relation to craniofacial dimensions, head posture and bite force in children selected for orthodontic treatment. Eur J Orthod. 2001;23:179-92 pubmed..A high score on Helkimo's Clinical Dysfunction Index was associated with smaller values of a number of vertical, horizontal, and transversal linear craniofacial dimensions and a lower bite force. ..
- Hassan H, Vilmann P. Insufficient cholecystectomy diagnosed by endoscopic ultrasonography. Endoscopy. 2004;36:236-8 pubmed..Two of the three diagnoses were confirmed by repeat surgery. EUS thus appears to be a valuable method for diagnosing insufficient cholecystectomy, and should be considered in patients with persistent pain attacks after cholecystectomy. ..
- Toft G, Hagmar L, Giwercman A, Bonde J. Epidemiological evidence on reproductive effects of persistent organochlorines in humans. Reprod Toxicol. 2004;19:5-26 pubmed..Due to inherent methodological problems in several of the available studies, additional research is needed to fully elucidate the possible adverse effects of organochlorines on human reproductive health. ..
- Hansen L, Nolting D, Holm G, Hansen B, Kjaer I. Abnormal vomer development in human fetuses with isolated cleft palate. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2004;41:470-3 pubmed..In fetuses with isolated cleft palates, with no connection between the nasal septum and the maxillary processes, this vomeral footplate does not develop in the period observed (14 to 19 weeks MA). ..
- Klein M, Nieminen P, Lammi L, Niebuhr E, Kreiborg S. Novel mutation of the initiation codon of PAX9 causes oligodontia. J Dent Res. 2005;84:43-7 pubmed..This is the first mutation found in the initiation codon of PAX9, and we suggest that it causes haploinsufficiency. ..
- Lerchner A, Ursta C, Hertz J, Ahmadi M, Ruffiot P, Enemark S. Response variability in balanced cortical networks. Neural Comput. 2006;18:634-59 pubmed..For moderately strong synapses, we find spike statistics very similar to those observed in primary visual cortex. ..
- Hoffmann H, Skjold T, Raithel M, Adolf K, Hilberg O, Dahl R. Response of respiratory flour allergics in an ingested flour challenge may involve plasmacytoid dendritic cells, CD25+ and CD152+ T cells. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2006;140:252-60 pubmed..Response to this allergen challenge may selectively recruit plasmacytoid DC through CXCR4 and T cells expressing CD25 and CD152, which may be a regulatory phenotype. ..
- Belloso J, Bache I, Guitart M, Caballin M, Halgren C, Kirchhoff M, et al. Disruption of the CNTNAP2 gene in a t(7;15) translocation family without symptoms of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:711-3 pubmed..1) in phenotypically normal individuals. The 7q35 breakpoint disrupts the CNTNAP2 gene, indicating that truncation of this gene does not necessarily lead to the symptoms of the complex Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. ..
- Zhai X, Fenton R, Andreasen A, Thomsen J, Christensen E. Aquaporin-1 is not expressed in descending thin limbs of short-loop nephrons. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:2937-44 pubmed..Likewise, the roles of aquaporin-1 and UT-A2 in the countercurrent multiplier and water conversation may need to be readdressed. ..
- Li S, Christensen C, Kiselyov V, Køhler L, Bock E, Berezin V. Fibroblast growth factor-derived peptides: functional agonists of the fibroblast growth factor receptor. J Neurochem. 2008;104:667-82 pubmed publisher..Some, but not all, dekafins were capable of promoting survival of cerebellar granule neurons induced to undergo apoptosis. Thus, the dekafins are functional FGFR agonists with apparent therapeutic potential. ..
- Morth J, Poulsen H, Toustrup Jensen M, Schack V, Egebjerg J, Andersen J, et al. The structure of the Na+,K+-ATPase and mapping of isoform differences and disease-related mutations. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2009;364:217-27 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we present new experimental data that address the role of a stretch of three conserved arginines near the C-terminus of the alpha subunit (Arg1003-Arg1005). ..
- Andersen T, Christensen F, Niedermann B, Helmig P, Høy K, Hansen E, et al. Impact of instrumentation in lumbar spinal fusion in elderly patients: 71 patients followed for 2-7 years. Acta Orthop. 2009;80:445-50 pubmed publisher..Instrumentation was associated with a larger number of additional surgeries, which resulted in a lesser degree of improvement. Instrumentation should not be discarded just because of the age of the patient. ..
- Boysen G, Krarup L, Zeng X, Oskedra A, Kõrv J, Andersen G, et al. ExStroke Pilot Trial of the effect of repeated instructions to improve physical activity after ischaemic stroke: a multinational randomised controlled clinical trial. BMJ. 2009;339:b2810 pubmed publisher..More intensive strategies seem to be needed to promote physical activity after ischaemic stroke. Clinical Trials NCT00132483. ..
- Paul N, Moodley A, Ghibaudo G, Guardabassi L. Carriage of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius in small animal veterinarians: indirect evidence of zoonotic transmission. Zoonoses Public Health. 2011;58:533-9 pubmed publisher..As cases of human MRSP infection have been linked with pets, veterinarians should be aware of this zoonotic risk and proper preventative measures should be taken to avoid MRSP transmission from animal patients. ..
- Bojsen R, Andersen K, Regenberg B. Saccharomyces cerevisiae--a model to uncover molecular mechanisms for yeast biofilm biology. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2012;65:169-82 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae biofilm. Being closely related to Candida species, S. cerevisiae is a model to investigate biofilms of pathogenic yeast. ..
- Kouskoumvekaki I, Petersen R, Fratev F, Taboureau O, Nielsen T, Oprea T, et al. Discovery of a novel selective PPAR? ligand with partial agonist binding properties by integrated in silico/in vitro work flow. J Chem Inf Model. 2013;53:923-37 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the transcriptional regulation properties of compound 9 revealed a gene regulatory profile that was to a large extent unique, however functionally closer to that of a partial agonist. ..
- Farajzadeh L, Hornshøj H, Momeni J, Thomsen B, Larsen K, Hedegaard J, et al. Pairwise comparisons of ten porcine tissues identify differential transcriptional regulation at the gene, isoform, promoter and transcription start site level. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:346-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our analysis shows that the "across tissue approach" has a promising potential when screening for possible explanations for variations, such as those observed at the gene expression levels. ..
- Kirchheiner K, Nout R, Tanderup K, Lindegaard J, Westerveld H, Haie Meder C, et al. Manifestation pattern of early-late vaginal morbidity after definitive radiation (chemo)therapy and image-guided adaptive brachytherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer: an analysis from the EMBRACE study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;89:88-95 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the aim of the present EMBRACE analysis was to evaluate the manifestation pattern of vaginal morbidity during the first 2 years of follow-up...
- Schnettler B, Orellana L, Lobos G, Miranda H, SepÃºlveda J, Etchebarne S, et al. Relationship between the domains of the Multidimensional Students' Life Satisfaction Scale, satisfaction with food-related life and happiness in university students. Nutr Hosp. 2015;31:2752-63 pubmed publisher..La mayor satisfacciÃ³n en unos dominios compensarÃa la menor satisfacciÃ³n en otros. ..
- Merritt M, Riboli E, Murphy N, Kadi M, TjÃ¸nneland A, Olsen A, et al. Reproductive factors and risk of mortality in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition; a cohort study. BMC Med. 2015;13:252 pubmed publisher..These findings may contribute to the development of improved strategies to promote better long-term health in women. ..
- Vestergaard P, Rejnmark L, Mosekilde L. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and other antidepressants and risk of fracture. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008;82:92-101 pubmed publisher..While selective serotonin receptor uptake inhibitors were associated with an increased fracture risk, tricyclic antidepressants and the group of other antidepressants were not systematically associated with fracture risk. ..
- Foged C, Franzyk H, Bahrami S, Frokjaer S, Jaroszewski J, Nielsen H, et al. Cellular uptake and membrane-destabilising properties of alpha-peptide/beta-peptoid chimeras: lessons for the design of new cell-penetrating peptides. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1778:2487-95 pubmed publisher..The alpha-peptide/beta-peptoid chimeras described herein exhibit promising cellular uptake properties, and thus represent proteolytically stable alternatives to currently known cell-penetrating peptides. ..
- Johansen M, Afshari A, Kristensen B. [Discontinuation of treatment with platelet aggregation inhibitors in surgical patients with cardiac stents]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2010;172:852-7 pubmed..Continuing therapy increases the risk of bleeding. We provide the latest evidence on this topic for patients awaiting non-cardiac surgery...
- Wang K, Arendt Nielsen L, Svensson P. Excitatory actions of experimental muscle pain on early and late components of human jaw stretch reflexes. Arch Oral Biol. 2001;46:433-42 pubmed..A change in the sensitivity of the fusimotor system during muscle pain is suggested as an explanation. ..
- Lomholt J, Russell B, Stoltze K, Kjaer I. Third molar agenesis in Down syndrome. Acta Odontol Scand. 2002;60:151-4 pubmed..The absence of teeth can contribute to an understanding of the interaction between genotype and phenotype. ..
- Skov L, Allen M, Bang B, Francis D, Barker J, Baadsgaard O. Basal cell carcinoma is associated with high TNF-alpha release but nor with TNF-alpha polymorphism at position--308. Exp Dermatol. 2003;12:772-6 pubmed..03) compared with mononuclear cells age-matched control subjects (n=16). Further studies of other polymorphisms of the TNF-alpha gene associated with increased TNF-alpha production and BCC and necessary. ..
- Vestergaard P. Prevalence and pathogenesis of osteoporosis in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Minerva Med. 2004;95:469-80 pubmed..Despite the limited excess fracture risk, a relatively large percentage of all fractures may be attributable to corticosteroid use among users of corticosteroids. ..
- Long K, Poehlsgaard J, Kehrenberg C, Schwarz S, Vester B. The Cfr rRNA methyltransferase confers resistance to Phenicols, Lincosamides, Oxazolidinones, Pleuromutilins, and Streptogramin A antibiotics. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2006;50:2500-5 pubmed..In addition, the findings described in this study represent the first report of a gene conferring transferable resistance to pleuromutilins and oxazolidinones. ..
- Hansen L, De Zee M, Rasmussen J, Andersen T, Wong C, Simonsen E. Anatomy and biomechanics of the back muscles in the lumbar spine with reference to biomechanical modeling. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31:1888-99 pubmed..Therefore, it is important to choose the values for moment arm and physiologic cross-sectional area carefully because they are essential input parameters to biomechanical models. ..
- Rodriguez Rodriguez R, Stankevicius E, Herrera M, Ostergaard L, Andersen M, Ruiz Gutierrez V, et al. Oleanolic acid induces relaxation and calcium-independent release of endothelium-derived nitric oxide. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;155:535-46 pubmed publisher..The oleanolic acid-evoked endothelium-derived NO release was independent of endothelial cell calcium and involved phosphoinositide-3-kinase-dependent phosphorylation of Akt-Ser(473) followed by phosphorylation of eNOS-Ser(1177). ..
- Gregersen N, Andresen B, Pedersen C, Olsen R, Corydon T, Bross P. Mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation defects--remaining challenges. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2008;31:643-57 pubmed publisher..With SCAD deficiency, the challenge is to elucidate whether ACADS gene variations are disease-associated, especially when combined with other genetic/cellular/environmental factors, which may act synergistically. ..
- Soerensen M, Christensen K, Stevnsner T, Christiansen L. The Mn-superoxide dismutase single nucleotide polymorphism rs4880 and the glutathione peroxidase 1 single nucleotide polymorphism rs1050450 are associated with aging and longevity in the oldest old. Mech Ageing Dev. 2009;130:308-14 pubmed publisher..Our results thus indicate that genetic variation in MnSOD and GPX1 may be associated with aging and longevity. ..
- Jurgensen C, Madsen A. Exposure to the airborne mould Botrytis and its health effects. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2009;16:183-96 pubmed..Thus, B. cinerea is as important as the more prevalent mould genera Cladosporium and Alternaria and we suggest that it should be included in standard allergic tests panels. ..
- Nygaard E, Lagerstedt J, Bjerre G, Shi B, Budamagunta M, Poulsen K, et al. Structural modeling and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy of the human Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 1, NHE1. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:634-48 pubmed publisher..The data are consistent with a role for TM IV and TM XI rearrangements coincident with ion translocation and inhibitor binding by hNHE1. ..
- Andersen J, Mortensen J, Bech B, Højgaard L, Borgwardt L. First experiences from Copenhagen with paediatric single photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography. Nucl Med Commun. 2011;32:356-62 pubmed publisher..Six studies gained specific information for biopsy guidance. SPECT/CT provided additional information in all cases. SPECT/CT in children seems to be a most valuable tool and it increases the certainty of the diagnostic work-up. ..
- Brandt S, Karemore G, Karssemeijer N, Nielsen M. An anatomically oriented breast coordinate system for mammogram analysis. IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2011;30:1841-51 pubmed publisher..In general, the new coordinate system makes an accurate anatomical registration of breasts possible, which suggests its wide applicability wherever 2-D mammogram registration is required...
- Larsen P, Strandberg Larsen K, Juhl M, Svendsen S, Bonde J, Andersen A. Occupational lifting and pelvic pain during pregnancy: a study within the Danish National Birth Cohort. Scand J Work Environ Health. 2013;39:88-95 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to examine the association between occupational lifting and pelvic pain during pregnancy...
- Bjerregaard Olesen C, Ghisari M, Kjeldsen L, WielsÃ¸e M, Bonefeld JÃ¸rgensen E. Estrone sulfate and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate: Transactivation of the estrogen and androgen receptor. Steroids. 2016;105:50-8 pubmed publisher..The AR transactivity of the sulfated steroids in the extracts was abolished by STX64 to obtain the net PFAA induced xenohormone transactivity, but further cleanup might be needed at high concentrations of E1S. ..
- Yarali H, Bozdag G, Polat M, Yaralı I, Humaidan P. Spontaneous clinical pregnancy following GNRH agonist trigger for final oocyte maturation and freeze-all approach: a case report. Reprod Biomed Online. 2016;32:233-6 pubmed publisher..When a freeze-all approach is taken to avoid ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, couples should be strictly advised to refrain from sexual intercourse after oocyte retrieval. ..
- Oma E, Jensen K, Jorgensen L. Increased risk of ventral hernia recurrence after pregnancy: A nationwide register-based study. Am J Surg. 2017;214:474-478 pubmed publisher..4 years). Pregnancy was independently associated with recurrence (hazard ratio 1.56, 95% confidence interval 1.09-2.25, P = 0.016). Pregnancy after ventral hernia repair was independently associated with ventral hernia recurrence. ..
- Birkelund S, Lundemose A, Christiansen G. The 75-kilodalton cytoplasmic Chlamydia trachomatis L2 polypeptide is a DnaK-like protein. Infect Immun. 1990;58:2098-104 pubmed..This mixed promoter was recognized in E. coli...
- Baelum V, Manji F, Fejerskov O, Wanzala P. Validity of CPITN's assumptions of hierarchical occurrence of periodontal conditions in a Kenyan population aged 15-65 years. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 1993;21:347-53 pubmed..Undoubtedly, this result should be seen in the light of a very high prevalence and severity of both bleeding and calculus in this population. ..