Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in China
Publications799 found, 100 shown here
- Liuming H, Hongwu Z, Gang L, Jun J, Wenying H, Wong K, et al. The effect of laparoscopic excision vs open excision in children with choledochal cyst: a midterm follow-up study. J Pediatr Surg. 2011;46:662-665 pubmed publisher..There were no differences in the early and late complication rates between the 2 groups. Laparoscopic treatment of choledochal cyst in children is feasible and safe. For experienced centers, this procedure can be recommended. ..
- Yu J, Liu F, Sun Z, Sun M, Sun S. The enhancement of radiosensitivity in human esophageal carcinoma cells by thalidomide and its potential mechanism. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2011;26:219-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, thalidomide was able to enhance the radiosensitivity of TE1 cells in vitro, which could be closely related to its suppressive effects on the expression of VEGF in TE1 cells, but had no obvious effects on the cell cycle. ..
- Zhao J, Guo Y, Yan Z, Liang P, Zhang J, Liu Y. The natural YMDD mutations of hepatitis B virus in Western China. Scand J Infect Dis. 2012;44:44-7 pubmed publisher..In Western China, natural YMDD mutations occur at a rate of 15.56%, and it is suggested that pyrosequencing be performed to detect YMDD mutations before lamivudine treatment in patients with a chronic HBV infection...
- Zhang Z, Wang J, Shen B, Peng C, Zheng M. The ABCC4 gene is a promising target for pancreatic cancer therapy. Gene. 2012;491:194-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that the ABCC4 gene promotes pancreatic cancer cell growth and represents a promising target for gene therapy in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Wei Q, Li X, Wang L, Lu X, Jiang M, Wu G, et al. [Preliminary studies on pathogenic microorganisms laboratory-acquired infections cases in recent years and its control strategies]. Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi. 2011;25:390-2 pubmed..Laboratory staff should strengthen their senses of safety and comply with safe operation procedures, which are still the key to prevent laboratory-acquired infections. ..
- Liu W, Lu M, Liu B, Huang Y, Wang K. Inhibition of Ca(2+)-activated Cl(-) channel ANO1/TMEM16A expression suppresses tumor growth and invasiveness in human prostate carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2012;326:41-51 pubmed publisher..Membrane ANO1 protein may therefore serve as a biomarker, and inhibition of overexpressed ANO1 has potential for use in prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Li Y, Li S, Hoshino M, Ishikawa R, Kajiwara C, Gao X, et al. HSP90? deficiency does not affect immunoglobulin gene hypermutation and class switch but causes enhanced MHC class II antigen presentation. Int Immunol. 2012;24:751-8 pubmed publisher..Along with our recent finding that HSP90? is required for antigen cross-presentation, these results suggest that HSP90? controls the balance of humoral and cellular immunity by dictating the fate of presentation of exogenous antigen. ..
- Ho S, Yeung C, Chan N, Shek S, Chan H. A retrospective study of the management of Chinese melasma patients using a 1927 nm fractional thulium fiber laser. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2013;15:200-6 pubmed publisher..A new fractional photothermolysis device is used in our retrospective study to treat melasma in Chinese patients...
- To K. MicroRNA: a prognostic biomarker and a possible druggable target for circumventing multidrug resistance in cancer chemotherapy. J Biomed Sci. 2013;20:99 pubmed publisher..The usefulness of miRNAs as prognostic biomarkers for predicting chemotherapeutic outcome is discussed. MiRNAs may also represent druggable targets for circumvention of MDR. ..
- Shao X, Liu K, Fan Y, Ding Z, Chen M, Zhu M, et al. GÎ±s Relays Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Receptor 1 Signaling to Stabilize Vascular Endothelial-Cadherin at Endothelial Junctions to Control Mouse Embryonic Vascular Integrity. J Genet Genomics. 2015;42:613-624 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that GÎ±s is an essential mediator to relay S1PR1 signaling and maintain vascular integrity. ..
- Wan X, Li X, Yang J, Lv W, Wang Q, Chen Y, et al. Genetic association between PIK3CA gene and oral squamous cell carcinoma: a case control study conducted in Chongqing, China. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13360-6 pubmed..The expression of PIK3CA was increased in OSCC tumors; however, none of the nine tested SNPs of PIK3CA was associated with susceptibility to OSCC in the studied population. ..
- Xu L, Guo Y, Cen J, Yan W, He H, Niu Y, et al. Overexpressed miR-155 is associated with initial presentation and poor outcome in Chinese pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:4841-50 pubmed..MiR-155 would be a novel biomarker for diagnosis, prognosis and therapy in pediatric AML. ..
- Zhou C, Long Q, Chen J, Xiang L, Li Q, Tang S, et al. Factors that determine catastrophic expenditure for tuberculosis care: a patient survey in China. Infect Dis Poverty. 2016;5:6 pubmed publisher..Financial and social protection interventions are essential for identified at-risk groups. ..
- Nie X, Qin G, Mao W, Wang W, Chang Y, Wei D, et al. Axis inhibition protein 2 deficiency leads to hypoxic pulmonary hypertension through Î²-catenin signaling pathway. J Hypertens. 2016;34:877-92 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that downregulation of Axin2 in the pulmonary vasculature may be an underlying mechanism in the development of hypoxia-induced PAH. ..
- Shen Y, Yu W, Dong X, Du Q, Yang D, Wu G, et al. The change of plasma galectin-3 concentrations after traumatic brain injury. Clin Chim Acta. 2016;456:75-80 pubmed publisher..Plasma galectin-3 concentrations have close relation to inflammation, trauma severity and clinical outcome, suggesting that galectin-3 should have the potential to be a good prognostic biomarker after STBI. ..
- Ruan H, Huang A, Cheng S, FU G. [Clinicopathologic features of solitary fibrous tumor in urogenital system]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2016;45:248-51 pubmed publisher..SFT is rare in the urogenital system and most patients show good prognosis. SFT expresses CD34 and STAT6 and needs to be distinguished from other spindle cell tumors. ..
- Liu F, Zhu N, Qiu L, Wang J, Wang W. [Application of R-based multiple seasonal ARIMA model, in predicting the incidence of hand, foot and mouth disease in Shaanxi province]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2016;37:1117-20 pubmed publisher..Multiple seasonal ARIMA (2,1,0)×(1,1,0)12 model could be used to successfully predict the incidence of hand, foot and mouth disease in Shaanxi province. ..
- Lam R, Tang M, Leung S, Chong Y, Tsui M, Mak T. Supraventricular tachycardia and acute confusion following ingestion of e-cigarette fluid containing AB-FUBINACA and ADB-FUBINACA: a case report with quantitative analysis of serum drug concentrations. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017;55:662-667 pubmed publisher..In the context of acute poisoning, the presence of unexplained tachyarrhythmias, confusion, and a negative recreational drug screen should prompt clinicians to consider synthetic cannabinoid toxicity as a differential diagnosis. ..
- Ying N, Sun T, Chen Z, Song G, Qi B, Bu S, et al. Colorimetric detection of microRNA based hybridization chain reaction for signal amplification and enzyme for visualization. Anal Biochem. 2017;528:7-12 pubmed publisher..And this approach could be easily applied to the detection of miR-155 in serum sample, thereby ascribing it for a wide application. ..
- Nie Y, Sun L, Wu Y, Yang Y, Wang J, He H, et al. AKT2 Regulates Pulmonary Inflammation and Fibrosis via Modulating Macrophage Activation. J Immunol. 2017;198:4470-4480 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that AKT2 modulates pulmonary fibrosis through inducing TGF-?1 and IL-13 production by macrophages, and inhibition of AKT2 may be a potential strategy for treating IPF. ..
- Wu G, Cai X, Xing J, Zhong G, Chen J. Circulating motilin, ghrelin, and GLP-1 and their correlations with gastric slow waves in patients with chronic kidney disease. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;313:R149-R157 pubmed publisher..001) in all CKD patients. Hemodialysis improves upper GI symptoms and gastric slow waves in CKD patients. An increase in ghrelin and a decrease in GLP-1 might be involved in the HD-induced improvement in gastric slow waves. ..
- Yao D, Zhou Y, Zhu L, Ouyang L, Zhang J, Jiang Y, et al. Design, synthesis and structure-activity relationship studies of a focused library of pyrimidine moiety with anti-proliferative and anti-metastasis activities in triple negative breast cancer. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;140:155-171 pubmed publisher..In vitro experiments revealed that Y29 attenuated metastasis by PDGFR-? inhibition-induced autophagy and could enhance autophagy-related cell death through AKT-MAPK feedback loop in MDA-MB-231 cells. ..
- Chan T, Leung J, Sun Y, Lai K, Tsang R, Yung S. Different effects of amino acid-based and glucose-based dialysate from peritoneal dialysis patients on mesothelial cell ultrastructure and function. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2003;18:1086-94 pubmed..The significance of IL-6 induction by Nutrineal remains to be elucidated. ..
- Lu D, Chen Y, Zhang X, Cao X, Jiang H, Yao L. The relationship between metallothionein-1F (MT1F) gene and hepatocellular carcinoma. Yale J Biol Med. 2003;76:55-62 pubmed..In the liver cancer tissue, MT1F shows down-regulated expression that supports the inhibited function of MT1F in cancer growth and suggests MT1F may have an important role in gene therapy of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Singare S, Dichen L, Bingheng L, Yanpu L, Zhenyu G, Yaxiong L. Design and fabrication of custom mandible titanium tray based on rapid prototyping. Med Eng Phys. 2004;26:671-6 pubmed..The clinical experience showed that rapid prototyping and reverse engineering software are effective methods of fabricating custom trays for mandibular reconstruction after bone loss due to a tumor. ..
- Ma R, Tam T, Suen A, Yeung P, Tsang S, Chung S, et al. Secreted PDZD2 exerts concentration-dependent effects on the proliferation of INS-1E cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38:1015-22 pubmed..As a potential mitogen of beta-like cells, sPDZD2 may be useful for the optimization of beta-cell growth and differentiation in vitro. ..
- Guo X, Chi Y. [Percutaneous fixation of pelvic ring disruptions]. Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2006;44:260-3 pubmed..To introduce the operation indication, operation fashion, operation time, mainipulation point, and treatment effect of pelvic ring disruptions with percutaneous fixation...
- Zhang G, Wang H, Shi J, Wang X, Zheng H, Wong G, et al. Identification and characterization of insect-specific proteins by genome data analysis. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:93 pubmed..Instances in our insect-specific protein set have been arrived at through experiments reported in the literature, supporting the accuracy of our approach. ..
- Shen W, Tao G, Li D, Zhu X, Bai X, Cai B. Inhibition of pancreatic carcinoma cell growth in vitro by DPC4 gene transfection. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:6254-60 pubmed..The retroviral vector pLXSN containing DPC4 can inhibit the proliferation of pancreatic carcinoma cells, and down-regulate the level of VEGF. ..
- Mok V, Lam W, Fan Y, Wong A, Ng P, Tsoi T, et al. Effects of statins on the progression of cerebral white matter lesion: Post hoc analysis of the ROCAS (Regression of Cerebral Artery Stenosis) study. J Neurol. 2009;256:750-7 pubmed publisher..001) and simvastatin treatment (beta = -0.214, P = 0.043) independently predicted change in WML volume. Our findings suggest that statins may delay the progression of cerebral WML only among those who already have severe WML at baseline. ..
- Gao S, Jia R, Feng X, Xie X, Shan T, Pan L, et al. Therapeutic effects of combined oxaliplatin and S-1 in older patients with advanced gastric cardiac adenocarcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:5221-6 pubmed publisher..8% (25/38) in the control group (?² = 0.069 and P = 0.793). Toxicities were reversible and similar in both groups (P > 0.05). The SOX regimen is an effective, safe and well-tolerated regimen for older patients with advanced GCA. ..
- Wang W, Wei Z, Lam T, Wang J. Next generation sequencing has lower sequence coverage and poorer SNP-detection capability in the regulatory regions. Sci Rep. 2011;1:55 pubmed publisher..NGS experiments targeting for these regions should have higher sequencing depth than the normal genomic region. ..
- Chiu H, Xiang Y, Dai J, Chan S, Leung T, Yu X, et al. The prevalence of sleep problems and their socio-demographic and clinical correlates in young Chinese rural residents. Psychiatry Res. 2012;200:789-94 pubmed publisher..Self-reported sleep disturbances are common among young Chinese residents. The low percentage of treated community residents might suggest a need to promote accessible and easily implemented interventions. ..
- Xu Y, Li Y, Zhang F. Pedestrians' intention to jaywalk: Automatic or planned? A study based on a dual-process model in China. Accid Anal Prev. 2013;50:811-9 pubmed publisher..The implications of these findings for the development of intervention programs are discussed. ..
- Ma J, Xue Y, Cui W, Li Y, Zhao Q, Ye W, et al. Ras homolog gene family, member A promotes p53 degradation and vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent angiogenesis through an interaction with murine double minute 2 under hypoxic conditions. Cancer. 2012;118:4105-16 pubmed publisher..The current data suggested that activated RhoA promotes VEGF expression and hypoxia-induced angiogenesis through the up-regulation of MDM2 to decrease p53 stability. ..
- Wang Y, Dutta S, Karlberg H, Devignot S, Weber F, Hao Q, et al. Structure of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus nucleoprotein: superhelical homo-oligomers and the role of caspase-3 cleavage. J Virol. 2012;86:12294-303 pubmed publisher..Thus, cleavage of CCHFV N by host cell caspase-3 appears to be crucial for controlling viral RNA synthesis and represents an important host defense mechanism against CCHFV infection. ..
- Wong A, Xiong Y, Wang D, Lin S, Chu W, Kwan P, et al. The NINDS-Canadian stroke network vascular cognitive impairment neuropsychology protocols in Chinese. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2013;84:499-504 pubmed publisher..78 for all subjects and 0.76 for stroke patients. The Chinese NINDS-CSN VCI protocols are valid and reliable for cognitive assessment in Chinese patients with mild stroke. ..
- Dai Z, Wang B, Lu W, Wang Z, Ma X, Min W, et al. Total flavonoids of Scutellaria barbata inhibit invasion of hepatocarcinoma via MMP/TIMP in vitro. Molecules. 2013;18:934-50 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that TF-SB could reduce the metastatic capability of MHCC97H cell, probably through decrease of the MMP expression, and simultaneous increase of the TIMP expression...
- Dai M, Li B, Hu S, Xu C, Yang B, Li J, et al. In vivo imaging of twist drill drainage for subdural hematoma: a clinical feasibility study on electrical impedance tomography for measuring intracranial bleeding in humans. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55020 pubmed publisher..After further technical improvements, EIT has the great potential of being a routine neuroimaging tool for early detection of intracranial bleedings. ..
- Wang H, Wang X, Li X, Fan Y, Li G, Guo C, et al. CD68(+)HLA-DR(+) M1-like macrophages promote motility of HCC cells via NF-?B/FAK pathway. Cancer Lett. 2014;345:91-9 pubmed publisher..The promoted migration of HCC cells was abrogated by the Bay 11-7802, as well as the activation of NF-?B and FAK pathway. Our findings implied a pro-metastatic role of M1-like TAM in HCC. ..
- Xue H, Zhao H, Zhao Y, Liu X, Chen Z, Ma J. Association of common variants of FTO in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13505-9 pubmed..Genotype frequencies of the four SNPs in the additive, dominant and recessive models showed no significant difference between PCOS cases and controls. Our results demonstrate that FTO gene has little association in PCOS development. ..
- Yin A, Wang C, Sun J, Gao J, Tao L, Du X, et al. Overexpression of NDRG2 Increases Iodine Uptake and Inhibits Thyroid Carcinoma Cell Growth In Situ and In Vivo. Oncol Res. 2016;23:43-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study suggested that NDRG2 is a critical molecule in the regulation of MTC biological behavior and a potential promoter in radioactive iodine therapy. ..
- Mu D, Guo H, Zhou G, Li J, Su B. Oleanolic acid suppresses the proliferation of human bladder cancer by Akt/mTOR/S6K and ERK1/2 signaling. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13864-70 pubmed..These findings represent new evidences that oleanolic acid suppresses the proliferation of human bladder cancer by Akt/mTOR/S6K and ERK1/2 signaling, and oleanolic acid may be used to prevent human bladder cancer. ..
- Gao F, Pan S, Liu B, Zhang H. TFF3 knockout in human pituitary adenoma cell HP75 facilitates cell apoptosis via mitochondrial pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14568-73 pubmed..TFF3 protein knockout can facilitate apoptosis of human pituitary adenoma HP75 cells via mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Chen K, Yan B, Wang F, Wen F, Xing X, Tang X, et al. Type 1 5'-deiodinase activity is inhibited by oxidative stress and restored by alpha-lipoic acid in HepG2 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:496-501 pubmed publisher..All these results indicate that the oxidative stress downregulates the conversion of T4 to T3 through DIO1 function in HepG2 cells. ..
- Li B, Yue Y, Zhang Y, Yuan Z, Li P, Song N, et al. A Novel Enterovirus 71 (EV71) Virulence Determinant: The 69th Residue of 3C Protease Modulates Pathogenicity. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:26 pubmed publisher..Our data provides new insight into the enzymatic mechanism of a subdued 3C protease and suggests a theoretical basis for virulence determinantion of picornaviridae. ..
- Zhang S, Cao X, Huang H. Sampling Strategies for Three-Dimensional Spatial Community Structures in IBD Microbiota Research. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:51 pubmed publisher..On the basis of this spatial model, this article also summarizes various sampling and processing strategies prior to and after DNA extraction and recommends guidelines for practical application in future research. ..
- Zeng P, Liu Y, He M, Wang J, Keating S, Mao W, et al. The infection staging and profile of genotypic distribution and drug resistance mutation among the human immunodeficiency virus-1 infected blood donors from five Chinese blood centers, 2012-2014. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179328 pubmed publisher..27 samples had DRMs, yielding a drug resistance prevalence of 13.2% (27/205). Our findings provide important information for developing strategies for comprehensive HIV control and improving anti-retroviral treatment in China. ..
- Tang G, Yip H, Luo G, Cheung B, Shen S, Samaranayake L. Development of novel oligonucleotide probes for seven Actinomyces species and their utility in supragingival plaque analysis. Oral Dis. 2003;9:203-9 pubmed..in clinical samples from the oral cavity and other ecosystems where such species may abound. ..
- Zhang A, Ding G, Huang S, Wu Y, Pan X, Guan X, et al. c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase mediation of angiotensin II-induced proliferation of human mesangial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F1118-24 pubmed..Our data suggest that JNK mediates the proliferative effect of ANG II in cultured HMCs and thus represents a novel therapeutic target for treatment of chronic renal diseases. ..
- Lung C, Darvell B. Minimization of the inevitable residual monomer in denture base acrylic. Dent Mater. 2005;21:1119-28 pubmed..It was the purpose here to determine whether this prediction applies to normal denture base processing, and whether optimum conditions could be identified...
- Chiu R, Chim S, Wong I, Wong C, Lee W, To K, et al. Hypermethylation of RASSF1A in human and rhesus placentas. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:941-50 pubmed..These observations extend the analogy between the primate placenta and malignant tumors to the epigenetic level. ..
- Hu Y, Liu C, Du C, Zhang J, Wu W, Gu Z. Induction of apoptosis in human hepatocarcinoma SMMC-7721 cells in vitro by flavonoids from Astragalus complanatus. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;123:293-301 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that FAC may play an important role in tumor growth suppression by inducing apoptosis in human hepatocarcinoma cells via mitochondria-dependent and death receptor-dependent apoptotic pathways. ..
- Kam Y, Okumura Y, Kido H, Ng L, Bruzzone R, Altmeyer R. Cleavage of the SARS coronavirus spike glycoprotein by airway proteases enhances virus entry into human bronchial epithelial cells in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7870 pubmed publisher..These data have direct implications for the cell entry mechanism of SARS-CoV along the respiratory system and, furthermore expand the possibility of identifying potential therapeutic agents against SARS-CoV. ..
- Chu D, Li Y, Wang W, Zhao Q, Li J, Lu Y, et al. High level of Notch1 protein is associated with poor overall survival in colorectal cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:1337-42 pubmed publisher..However, no correlation between Notch1 expression and patient age, sex or tumor location was found. Notch1 might serve as a novel prognostic marker that is independent of, and additive to, the TNM staging system. ..
- Ming Z, Hu Y, Qiu Y, Cao L, Zhang X. Synergistic effects of beta-aescin and 5-fluorouracil in human hepatocellular carcinoma SMMC-7721 cells. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:575-80 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that mixtures of these two agents had a synergistic inhibitory effect on SMMC-7721 cells, an observation which might be useful for the further development of anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Tian J, Liu L, Shi Z, Zhou Z, Wang L. A randomized controlled pilot trial of "Feiji Recipe" on quality of life of non-small cell lung cancer patients. Am J Chin Med. 2010;38:15-25 pubmed..No unexpected side effects were observed. However, further double-blinded placebo controlled studies are strongly recommended. ..
- Chai L, Song Y, Zee K, Leung W. SNPs of Fc-gamma receptor genes and chronic periodontitis. J Dent Res. 2010;89:705-10 pubmed publisher..003, OR = 3.35). Within the limitations of this study, SNP rs445509 of FCGR3A seem to be negatively associated, while smoking was positively associated, with severe chronic periodontitis among Hong Kong Chinese. ..
- Wang J, Wu J. Tanshinone biosynthesis in Salvia miltiorrhiza and production in plant tissue cultures. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;88:437-49 pubmed publisher..This review will summarize the above developments and also provide our views on future trends...
- Mao X, Cao B, Wood T, Hurren R, Tong J, Wang X, et al. A small-molecule inhibitor of D-cyclin transactivation displays preclinical efficacy in myeloma and leukemia via phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway. Blood. 2011;117:1986-97 pubmed publisher..Given its potent antileukemia and antimyeloma activity and minimal toxicity, S14161 could be developed as a novel agent for blood cancer therapy. ..
- Zhang C, Wang Z, Xie J, Yan F, Wang W, Feng X, et al. Identification of a novel WNK4 mutation in Chinese patients with pseudohypoaldosteronism type II. Nephron Physiol. 2011;118:p53-61 pubmed publisher..In this report, we screened 4 Chinese PHA2 pedigrees for WNK4 mutations, identified a novel mutation, and studied its effects on NCC protein trafficking in vitro...
- Shi L, Zhang S, Feng K, Wu F, Wan Y, Wang Z, et al. MicroRNA-125b-2 confers human glioblastoma stem cells resistance to temozolomide through the mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:119-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that miR-125b-2 overexpression might confer glioblastoma stem cells resistance to TMZ. ..
- Gao J, Inagaki Y, Song P, Qu X, Kokudo N, Tang W. Targeting c-Met as a promising strategy for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. Pharmacol Res. 2012;65:23-30 pubmed publisher..This review takes a second look at the c-Met signal transduction pathway and discusses the possibility of targeting c-Met as a therapeutic strategy for HCC treatment. ..
- Nie J, Guo L, Li K, Wang Y, Chen G, Li L, et al. Axonal fiber terminations concentrate on gyri. Cereb Cortex. 2012;22:2831-9 pubmed publisher..These results may have shed some lights on fundamental mechanisms for development and organization of the cerebral cortex, suggesting that axonal pushing is a mechanism of cortical folding. ..
- Guo L, Li L, Wang W, Pan Z, Zhou Q, Wu Z. Mitochondrial reactive oxygen species mediates nicotine-induced hypoxia-inducible factor-1? expression in human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1822:852-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that exposure to nicotine could mimic effects of hypoxia to stimulate HIF-1? accumulation and activity that might underlie the high metastatic potential of lung cancer. ..
- Ren M, Huang B, Zhang J, Pu M, Deng S. [Laparoscopic transhiatal proximal gastrectomy for adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction: report of 98 cases]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2012;15:906-9 pubmed..To explore the safety and short-term efficacy of laparoscopic transhiatal proximal gastrectomy in patients with adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction...
- Zhang L, Wu H, Lu D, Li G, Sun C, Song H, et al. The costimulatory molecule B7-H4 promote tumor progression and cell proliferation through translocating into nucleus. Oncogene. 2013;32:5347-58 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, B7-H4 wild-type confers chemoresistance activity to RCC cell lines including Caki-1 and ACHN. Our study provides a new insight into the functional implication of B7-H4 in its subcellular localization. ..
- Xu L, Li Y, Sun H, Li D, Hou T. Structural basis of the interactions between CXCR4 and CXCL12/SDF-1 revealed by theoretical approaches. Mol Biosyst. 2013;9:2107-17 pubmed publisher..We believe that our study provides useful information for understanding the mechanisms of CXCR4 ligand binding and structure-based drug design of CXCR4. ..
- Gu Q, Feng T, Cao H, Tang Y, Ge X, Luo J, et al. HIV-TAT mediated protein transduction of Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase-1 (SOD1) protects skin cells from ionizing radiation. Radiat Oncol. 2013;8:253 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the protective role of HIV-TAT protein transduction domain mediated protein transduction of SOD1 (TAT-SOD1) against ionizing radiation...
- Wang L, Li Y, Huang G, Zhang X, Pingguan Murphy B, Gao B, et al. Hydrogel-based methods for engineering cellular microenvironment with spatiotemporal gradients. Crit Rev Biotechnol. 2016;36:553-65 pubmed publisher..Finally, concluding remarks and future perspectives for engineering cellular gradients are given. ..
- Tian H, Qu Q, Liu L, Wu D. Advances in Stem Cell Therapy for Leukemia. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;11:158-65 pubmed..Herein, we review recent advances in stem cell therapy for leukemia with a specific focus on dual transplantation and microtransplantation. ..
- Yang J, Zhu L, Li X, Zheng H, Wang Z, Liu Y, et al. Iodine Status of Vulnerable Populations in Henan Province of China 2013-2014 After the Implementation of the New Iodized Salt Standard. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;173:7-13 pubmed publisher..To reduce the risk of iodine excess in the general population and prevent the possibility of iodine deficiency of the vulnerable population, it is necessary to explore the appropriate level of iodized salt content. ..
- Guo J, Zhang W, Zhang L, Ding H, Zhang J, Song C, et al. Probable involvement of p11 with interferon alpha induced depression. Sci Rep. 2016;6:17029 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that p11 might be a potential regulator on 5-HTR1b and 5-HTR4 as well as a predictor of or a therapeutic target for IFN-Î±-induced depression. ..
- Li K, Zhu Z, Luo J, Fang J, Zhou H, Hu M, et al. Impact of chemokine receptor CXCR3 on tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte recruitment associated with favorable prognosis in advanced gastric cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14725-32 pubmed..Therefore, CXCR3 overexpression is implicated as a favorable prognostic biomarker in human advanced GC. ..
- Liang S, Xia Y, Hou J, Ge G, Zhang J, He Y, et al. Methylation, Glucuronidation, and Sulfonation of Daphnetin in Human Hepatic Preparations In Vitro: Metabolic Profiling, Pathway Comparison, and Bioactivity Analysis. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:808-816 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, methylation is a crucial pathway for daphnetin clearance and might be involved in pharmacologic actions of daphnetin in humans. ..
- Zhao W, Chen Y. Progress in Research of KV1.1 and KV1.3 Channels as Therapeutic Targets. Curr Top Med Chem. 2016;16:1877-85 pubmed..This article seeks to review the distributions of two channels, their roles in diseases, phenotypes of knockout mice, human channelopathies and selective modulators. ..
- Liu Z, Wang S, Qi W, Wang X, Sun D, Wang H, et al. The relationship between ITPA rs1127354 polymorphisms and efficacy of antiviral treatment in Northeast Chinese CHC patients. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7554 pubmed publisher..IPTA rs1127354 variants and related ITPase were not only related with ribavirin-induced hemolytic anemia but also directly affected the SVR to PEG-IFN plus ribavirin combination therapy in Chinese HCV-infected patients. ..
- Chan S, Chan A, Cheung B, Liang Y, Leung M. Identification of genes expressed during myocardial development. Chin Med J (Engl). 2003;116:1329-32 pubmed..We successfully applied SSH to detect those genes differentially expressed in fetal cardiac myocytes, some of which have not been shown relative to myocardial development. ..
- Ho W, Ying S, Chan P, Chan H. Treatment of port wine stains with intense pulsed light: a prospective study. Dermatol Surg. 2004;30:887-90; discussion 890-1 pubmed..Intense pulsed light can be effective in treating port wine stains in Asian patients. In experienced hands, complications can be low and should be considered as one of the therapeutic options. ..
- Houben C, Chan M, Cheung G, Lee K, Tam P, Yeung C. A hepaticojejunostomy: technical errors with 'twists and turns'. Pediatr Surg Int. 2006;22:841-4 pubmed..Conventional imaging modalities failed to identify the pathology. Only a contrast enhanced CT scan supported by image rendering software allowed for the visualization of the underlying chronic obstruction of part of the mesentery. ..
- Wang X, Chen Y, Wang Q, Ge Y, Dai Q, Yang K, et al. Distinct expression and inhibitory function of B and T lymphocyte attenuator on human T cells. Tissue Antigens. 2007;69:145-53 pubmed..Cross-linking of BTLA with mAb 7D7 suppressed T lymphocyte proliferation, downregulated the expression of T cell activation marker CD25, and inhibited the production of interferon (IFN)-gamma, interleukin (IL)-2, IL-4, and IL-10. ..
- Zhang M, Tao W, Pan S, Sun X, Jiang H. Low-dose metronomic chemotherapy of paclitaxel synergizes with cetuximab to suppress human colon cancer xenografts. Anticancer Drugs. 2009;20:355-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the combination of paclitaxel LDM chemotherapy and cetuximab represents a potent strategy to combat colon cancers. ..
- Lee K, Tse H, Echt D, Lau C. Temporary leadless pacing in heart failure patients with ultrasound-mediated stimulation energy and effects on the acoustic window. Heart Rhythm. 2009;6:742-8 pubmed publisher..The acoustic window validated by computed tomography was predicted by transthoracic echocardiography. Effects of respiration and body posture were evaluated for development of the future implantable device. ..
- Au A, Lai M, Lau K, Pan P, Lam L, Thompson L, et al. Social support and well-being in dementia family caregivers: the mediating role of self-efficacy. Aging Ment Health. 2009;13:761-8 pubmed publisher..Findings suggest that self-efficacy may function as a mechanism through which social support influences depressive symptoms, and the importance of this self-efficacy mechanism can be domain-specific. ..