Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in China
Publications1417 found, 100 shown here
- Han G, Qi X, He C, Yin Z, Wang J, Xia J, et al. Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for portal vein thrombosis with symptomatic portal hypertension in liver cirrhosis. J Hepatol. 2011;54:78-88 pubmed publisher..848). TIPS should be considered a safe and feasible alternative therapy for chronic PVT in selected patients with decompensated cirrhosis. Both technical success and survival were closely associated with the degree of MPV occlusion. ..
- Yang Z, Han G, Wu Q, Ye X, Jin Z, Yin Z, et al. Patency and clinical outcomes of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt with polytetrafluoroethylene-covered stents versus bare stents: a meta-analysis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:1718-25 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis shows that the use of PTFE-covered stent-grafts clearly improves shunt patency without increasing the risk of hepatic encephalopathy and with a trend towards better survival. ..
- Liu H, Yue D, Zhang L, Chen Y, Gao S, Huang Y. A Bayesian approach for identifying miRNA targets by combining sequence prediction and gene expression profiling. BMC Genomics. 2010;11 Suppl 3:S12 pubmed publisher..html. The proposed Bayesian algorithm integrates properly the sequence paring data and mRNA expression profiles for miRNA target prediction. This algorithm is shown to have better prediction performance than existing algorithms. ..
- Li C, Zhang F, Lin H, Wang Z, Liu X, Feng Z, et al. Generation and characterization of the human neutralizing antibody fragment Fab091 against rabies virus. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:329-37 pubmed publisher..05, Logrank test). The antibody fragment Fab was shown to be a neutralizing antibody against RABVG. It can be used together with other monoclonal antibodies for post-exposure prophylaxis of rabies virus in future studies. ..
- Zhu J, Garcia Barcelo M, Tam P, Lui V. HOXB5 cooperates with NKX2-1 in the transcription of human RET. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20815 pubmed publisher..Therefore, defects in cis- or trans-regulation of RET by HOXB5 could lead to reduction of RET expression and contribute to the manifestation of the HSCR phenotype. ..
- Cao H, Qian Q, Weng T, Yuan C, Sun Y, Wang H, et al. Screen time, physical activity and mental health among urban adolescents in China. Prev Med. 2011;53:316-20 pubmed publisher..High ST and insufficient VPA interact to increase depressive, anxiety symptoms and school life dissatisfaction among Chinese adolescents. ..
- Tang R, Kong F, Fan B, Liu X, You H, Zhang P, et al. HBx activates FasL and mediates HepG2 cell apoptosis through MLK3-MKK7-JNKs signal module. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:1485-95 pubmed publisher..1-X transfected group. HBx can induce HepG2 cell apoptosis via a novel active MLK3-MKK7-JNKs signaling module to upregulate FasL protein expression. ..
- Wang H, Zhou D, Zheng L, Zhang J, Huo Y, Tian H, et al. Effects of paternal occupation exposure to formaldehyde on reproductive outcomes. J Occup Environ Med. 2012;54:518-24 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether paternal occupational exposure to formaldehyde (FA) affects the reproductive outcomes...
- Feng B, Ma L, Yao J, Fang Y, Mei Y, Wei S. Protective effect of oat bran extracts on human dermal fibroblast injury induced by hydrogen peroxide. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2013;14:97-105 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that oat bran will have the potential to be further explored as an antioxidant functional food in the prevention of aging-related skin injury. ..
- Xu B, Xu Z, Xu X, Cai Q, Xu Y. Prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension among residents in Guangdong Province, China, 2004 to 2007. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2013;6:217-22 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive public health measures need to be taken to decrease the incidence of hypertension and to prevent the progression of hypertension to cardiovascular disease. ..
- Duan W, Yang Y, Yi W, Yan J, Liang Z, Wang N, et al. New role of JAK2/STAT3 signaling in endothelial cell oxidative stress injury and protective effect of melatonin. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57941 pubmed publisher..The protective effects of melatonin against OSI, at least partially, depend upon JAK2/STAT3 inhibition. ..
- Yi L, Wang J, Guo X, Gu Y, Tu W, Guo G, et al. STAT4 is a genetic risk factor for systemic sclerosis in a Chinese population. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2013;26:473-478 pubmed..It also revealed different genetic aspects of SSc subsets in a Han Chinese population. ..
- Li B, Xu W, Guan X, Qin Y, Law S, Lee N, et al. Competitive Binding Between Id1 and E2F1 to Cdc20 Regulates E2F1 Degradation and Thymidylate Synthase Expression to Promote Esophageal Cancer Chemoresistance. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1243-55 pubmed publisher..The Id1-E2F1-IGF2 regulatory axis has important implications for cancer prognosis and treatment. ..
- Zhang C, Wang G, Han X, Ren Z, Duo J. Comparison of the therapeutic effects of surgery combined with postoperative radiotherapy and standalone radiotherapy in treating spinal metastases of lung cancer. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;141:38-42 pubmed publisher..However, surgery can improve pain, function and QOL of patients with spinal metastases of lung cancer. ..
- Chen J, Wu B, Bao H, Du J, Zhang S, Zheng Y. Relationship between CIP2A expression, and prognosis and MDR-related proteins in patients with advanced gastric cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15007-12 pubmed..034), but the degree of positive expression was unrelated to survival time (Ï‡(2)=4.639, P=0.098). CIP2A expression may have no prospective value for optimizing chemotherapy regimens, but it can be an indicator for patient prognosis. ..
- Yang L, Zhang X, Fu H, Yang C. An estimator for local analysis of genome based on the minimal absent word. J Theor Biol. 2016;395:23-30 pubmed publisher..Moreover, when the multi-sequence-comparison is needed, the local-analysis-curves can illustrate some interesting zones. ..
- Bai Y, Wei Y, Wu L, Wei J, Wang X, Bai Y. C/EBP Î² Mediates Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Regulated Inflammatory Response and Extracellular Matrix Degradation in LPS-Stimulated Human Periodontal Ligament Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:385 pubmed publisher..This enhances our understanding of human periodontitis pathology. ..
- Liu L, He Y, Ge G, Li L, Zhou P, Zhu Y, et al. Lactate dehydrogenase and creatine kinase as poor prognostic factors in lung cancer: A retrospective observational study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182168 pubmed publisher..The identification of CK and LDH will play important roles in lung cancer diagnosis and poor outcome prediction in the future. ..
- Mak A, Zhang M, Boone D. State-of-the-art research in lower-limb prosthetic biomechanics-socket interface: a review. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2001;38:161-74 pubmed..An understanding of comfort and optimal load transfer as patterns of socket interface stress could culminate in socket design expert systems. ..
- Zhang M, McGrath C, Hagg U. The impact of malocclusion and its treatment on quality of life: a literature review. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2006;16:381-7 pubmed..There is a need for a more comprehensive and rigorous assessment of the impact of malocclusion and its treatment on QoL, employing standardized, valid and reliable data collection instruments. ..
- Chao J, Yu M, Ho Y, Wang M, Chang R. Dietary oxyresveratrol prevents parkinsonian mimetic 6-hydroxydopamine neurotoxicity. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;45:1019-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest OXY, a dietary phenolic compound, as a potential nutritional candidate for protection against neurodegeneration in PD. ..
- Xu T, Haering C, Lau C, Obed A, Ma J, Doenecke A, et al. Targeting of interleukin-10 is superior to cytotoxic T-lymphocyte associated antigen 4 with human immunoglobulin G(1) for the prevention of chronic allograft deterioration in organ transplantation. J Gene Med. 2008;10:1315-23 pubmed publisher..In addition, higher transcript levels of heme oxygenase-1 were found in IL-10-transduced allograft. Targeting on IL-10 is superior to CTLA4Ig or IDO for the treatment of chronic allograft deterioration. ..
- Shen J, Liu J, Long Y, Miao Y, Su M, Zhang Q, et al. Knockdown of survivin expression by siRNAs enhances chemosensitivity of prostate cancer cells and attenuates its tumorigenicity. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:223-30 pubmed..These results demonstrated that inhibition of survivin expression by siRNA attenuated the malignant phenotypes of prostate cancer cells, and may provide a novel approach for gene therapy of androgen-independent prostate cancer. ..
- Liu T, Xia B, Gu Z. Inferior alveolar canal course: a radiographic study. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2009;20:1212-8 pubmed publisher..The limitations of the panoramic radiograph in depicting the true three-dimensional (3D) morphology of the IAC are recognized, computed tomography (CT) and cone beam (CB)3D imaging being more precise. ..
- Chai L, Song Y, Zee K, Leung W. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of complement component 5 and periodontitis. J Periodontal Res. 2010;45:301-8 pubmed publisher..Smoking was also significantly associated with periodontitis (p = 0.006). The tagging SNP rs17611 of the C5 gene and smoking may be associated with periodontitis among the Hong Kong Chinese population. ..
- Jiang S, Li Y, Zhu Y, Wu X, Tang J, Li Z, et al. Intensive expression of UNC-51-like kinase 1 is a novel biomarker of poor prognosis in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:1568-75 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that ULK1 represents a novel and clinically useful biomarker for ESCC patients and plays an important role during the progression of ESCC. ..
- Chen M, Tse L, Au R, Yu I, Wang X, Lao X, et al. Mesothelioma and lung cancer mortality: a historical cohort study among asbestosis workers in Hong Kong. Lung Cancer. 2012;76:165-70 pubmed publisher..This study also provided a preliminary support for a possible link between asbestosis and heart disease, but power is limited. ..
- Bian K, Muppani N, Elkhadragy L, Wang W, Zhang C, Chen T, et al. ERK3 regulates TDP2-mediated DNA damage response and chemoresistance in lung cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6665-75 pubmed publisher..As such, our study revealed a post-translational regulation of TDP2 activity and discovered a new role of ERK3 in increasing cancer cells' DNA damage response and chemoresistance to Top2 inhibitors. ..
- Tao L, Zhai Y, Ding D, Yin W, Liu X, Yu G. The role of C/EBP-Î± expression in human liver and liver fibrosis and its relationship with autophagy. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13102-7 pubmed..Autophagy might play a role in liver fibrosis through its association with C/EBP-Î±, but this hypothesis warrants further investigation. ..
- Zang Y, Dong Y, Yang D, Xue B, Li F, Gu P, et al. Expression and prognostic significance of ELL-associated factor 2 in human prostate cancer. Int Urol Nephrol. 2016;48:695-700 pubmed publisher..Importantly, loss of EAF2 expression was associated with a significant decrease in patient survival. Expression of EAF2 is decreased in prostate carcinogenesis, and EAF2 loss is associated with high-risk patients and poor survival. ..
- Sun F, Zhang C, Chen X, Wei Y, Li S, Liu S, et al. Downregulation of CD47 and CD200 in patients with focal cortical dysplasia type IIb and tuberous sclerosis complex. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:85 pubmed publisher..Upregulation or activation of CD47/SIRP-? and CD200/CD200R may have therapeutic potential for controlling neuroinflammation in human FCD IIb and TSC. ..
- Yang X, Li J, Liu J, Gao M, Zhou L, Lu W. Relationship of Treg/Th17 balance with HBeAg change in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B patients receiving telbivudine antiviral treatment: A longitudinal observational study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7064 pubmed publisher..Maybe we could provide the immunology marker for exploring the mechanism of the higher HBeAg seroconversion rate of LdT therapy. ..
- Song B, Wang L, Fan X, Zuo J, Huang Y. Expression of T-lymphoma invasion and metastasis factor on the occurrence of oral squamous cell carcinoma. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2017;31:289-295 pubmed..The expression of TIAM1 is closely related to the occurrence, development and metastasis of OSCC, and it can be used as a new marker for reflecting its biological behaviors. ..
- Liqing L, Lin G, Ming S, Hanwen S. Determination of hydroxycamptothecinum by flow injection analysis with chemiluminescence detection. J Clin Lab Anal. 2007;21:356-62 pubmed..The results of the quantitative analysis for HCPT studied using the developed method showed a good agreement with provided by using an official method...
- Chan S, Chiu H, Chien W, Goggins W, Thompson D, Hong B. Predictors of change in health-related quality of life among older people with depression: a longitudinal study. Int Psychogeriatr. 2009;21:1171-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that interventions to alleviate older people's level of depression, manage their physical ill health and enhance their instrumental activities of daily living ability could help improve their perceived HRQoL. ..
- Lee J, Kwok T, Chui P, Ko F, Lo W, Kam W, et al. Can continuous pump feeding reduce the incidence of pneumonia in nasogastric tube-fed patients? A randomized controlled trial. Clin Nutr. 2010;29:453-8 pubmed publisher..Continuous pump feeding did not significantly affect the rates of pneumonia or mortality in tube-fed older hospital patients when compared with intermittent bolus feeding. ..
- Zhang L, Wu S, Wang J, Lu Y, Zhang Z, Jiang S, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of dual-source CT coronary angiography: The effect of average heart rate, heart rate variability, and calcium score in a clinical perspective. Acta Radiol. 2010;51:727-40 pubmed publisher..Average HR has no effect on the diagnostic accuracy of CTCA, while HRV and calcium score have a statistically significant effect on the sensitivity and specificity of CTCA. ..
- Guzalinuer A, Mihrinsa A, Zhang S, Li H, Gulishare N, Zhang G. [Association between HPV infection and HLA-DQB1 alleles polymorphism in the cervical carcinogenesis in Uyghur women in southern Xinjiang]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2010;32:492-6 pubmed..The study of HLA alleles in the cervical carcinogenesis in Uyghur women may play an important role in the intervention research of cervical cancer. ..
- He S, Zhao H, Fei M, Wu Y, Wang L, Zhu X, et al. Expression of the co-signaling molecules CD40-CD40L and their growth inhibitory effect on pancreatic cancer in vitro. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:262-8 pubmed publisher..The co-signaling molecule CD40 is highly expressed in pancreatic cancer tissues and cell lines and rshCD40L is a potential tool for antitumor therapies. ..
- Sun X, Shan X, Yan Z, Zhang Y, Guan L. Prediction and characterization of the linear IgE epitopes for the major soybean allergen ?-conglycinin using immunoinformatics tools. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;56:254-60 pubmed publisher..Secondary structure prediction of peptide 3 and circular dichroism test validated that the structure of peptide 3 was a random coil. ..
- Kong L, Ju B, Chen Y, He L, Ren L, Liu J, et al. Key gp120 Glycans Pose Roadblocks to the Rapid Development of VRC01-Class Antibodies in an HIV-1-Infected Chinese Donor. Immunity. 2016;44:939-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, light chain accommodation of the glycan shield should be taken into account in vaccine design targeting this conserved site of vulnerability. ..
- Zhu H, Lou F, Yin Q, Gao Y, Sun Y, Bai J, et al. RIG-I antiviral signaling drives interleukin-23 production and psoriasis-like skin disease. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:589-604 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that the dysregulation in the antiviral immune responses of hosts through the innate pattern recognition receptors may trigger the skin inflammatory conditions in the pathophysiology of psoriasis. ..
- Wang G, Li Q, Niu T, Chen C, Xu X. Association of GYS1 and beta(3)-AR gene with postprandial hyperglycemia and serum uric acid in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Chin Med J (Engl). 2002;115:1308-11 pubmed..The presence of the Arg64 allele in the beta(3)-AR gene may predispose patients to higher serum uric acid level. ..
- Liao C, Zhao M, Zhao J, Jia D, Song H, Li Z. Over-expression of LPTS-L in hepatocellular carcinoma cell line SMMC-7721 induces crisis. World J Gastroenterol. 2002;8:1050-2 pubmed..LPTS-L could inhibit the telomerase activity in SMMC-7721 cells in vitro. LPTS-L is a potent telomerase inhibitor. Over-expression of LPTS-L can induce hepatoma cells into crisis due to the reduction of telomerase activity. ..
- Song H, Xin X, Xiao F, Wang D, Yue Q, Han X. Survivin gene RNA interference inhibits proliferation, induces apoptosis, and enhances radiosensitivity in HeLa cells. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2008;136:83-9 pubmed..Therefore, an RNAi-targeted survivin gene strategy would be a potential approach to radiosensitization therapy in human cervical carcinomas. ..
- Zhang M, Zhou S, Zhao S, Li X, Liu L, Shen X. Pioglitazone can downregulate bone morphogenetic protein-2 expression induced by high glucose in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Pharmacology. 2008;81:312-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that BMP-2 expression induced by high glucose might be closely related to NF-kappaB activation, and both effects can be suppressed by pioglitazone. ..
- Ng E, Chong W, Jin H, Lam E, Shin V, Yu J, et al. Differential expression of microRNAs in plasma of patients with colorectal cancer: a potential marker for colorectal cancer screening. Gut. 2009;58:1375-81 pubmed publisher..MiR-92 is significantly elevated in plasma of patients with CRC and can be a potential non-invasive molecular marker for CRC screening. ..
- Auyeung K, Cho C, Ko J. A novel anticancer effect of Astragalus saponins: Transcriptional activation of NSAID-activated gene. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1082-91 pubmed publisher..The information obtained could facilitate future development of a novel target-specific chemotherapeutic agent with known molecular pathway...
- Guo B, Xu L, Wei Y, Liu C. [Research advances of Huperzia serrata (Thunb.) Trev]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2009;34:2018-23 pubmed
- Liu D, Hu D, Li X, Ma H. Periodontitis in 65-74-year-old victims in Wenchuan, China post-earthquake: implications for service provision. Int Dent J. 2010;60:161-8 pubmed..One year after the Wenchuan, Southwest China earthquake, a cross-sectional study was conducted as a preliminary assessment of the periodontitis of 65- to 74-year-old victims and to compare it with survey data from before the earthquake...
- Cai Q, Li B, Gao H, Zhang J, Wang J, Yu F, et al. Grape seed procyanidin b2 inhibits human aortic smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration induced by advanced glycation end products. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:1692-7 pubmed..GSPB2 may therefore have therapeutic potential in preventing and treating vascular complications of diabetes mellitus. ..
- Shang J, Zhang J, Sun Y, Liu D, Ye D, Yin Y. Performance analysis of novel methods for detecting epistasis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:475 pubmed publisher..In terms of overall performance, AntEpiSeeker and BOOST are recommended as the efficient and effective methods. This comparison study may provide guidelines for applying the methods and further clues for epistasis detection. ..
- Han J, Zhu W, Yu C, Zhou X, Li T, Zhang X. Clinical study of concurrent chemoradiotherapy or radiotherapy alone for esophageal cancer patients with positive lymph node metastasis. Tumori. 2012;98:60-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, completion of three to four cycles of chemotherapy may have better efficacy than one to two cycles. ..
- Lou P, Zhu Y, Chen P, Zhang P, Yu J, Zhang N, et al. Prevalence and correlations with depression, anxiety, and other features in outpatients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in China: a cross-sectional case control study. BMC Pulm Med. 2012;12:53 pubmed publisher..Patients with COPD who had anxiety and/or depression had a poorer health-related quality of life. Chinese Clinical Trials Registration(ChiCTR-TRC-12001958). ..
- Lai E, Tang C. Radiofrequency ablation versus hepatic resection for hepatocellular carcinoma within the Milan criteria--a comparative study. Int J Surg. 2013;11:77-80 pubmed publisher..RFA had the advantages over surgical resection in being less invasive and having lower morbidity. ..
- Yang B, Bai B, Liu C, Wang S, Jiang X, Zhu C, et al. Effect of umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells on treatment of severe acute pancreatitis in rats. Cytotherapy. 2013;15:154-62 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (UCMSCs) on severe acute pancreatitis (SAP) in rats...
- Zhou J, Li B, Lu S, Zhang L, Han Y. Regulation of osteoblast proliferation and differentiation by interrod spacing of Sr-HA nanorods on microporous titania coatings. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013;5:5358-65 pubmed publisher..Our work provides insight to the surface structural design of a biomedical implant favoring osteointegration. ..
- Au Yeung S, Jiang C, Cheng K, Cowling B, Liu B, Zhang W, et al. Moderate alcohol use and cardiovascular disease from Mendelian randomization. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68054 pubmed publisher..10, 95% CI 0.83 to 1.45). Low to moderate alcohol use among men had the expected effects on most CVD risk factors but not fasting glucose. Larger studies are needed to confirm the null associations with IHD, CVD and fasting glucose. ..
- Chan A, Sze S, Siu N, Lau E, Cheung M. A chinese mind-body exercise improves self-control of children with autism: a randomized controlled trial. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68184 pubmed publisher..Chinese Clinical Trial Registry; Registration No.: ChiCTR-TRC-12002561; URL: www.chictr.org. ..
- Yang S, Qian Z, Zhan Q, Zhou Q, Lu G. Risk factors for depth of infiltration in the differentiated depressed early gastric carcinoma: a preliminary analysis. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:206 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/13000_2014_206. ..
- Lu T, Young K, Xu W, Li J. TP53 dysfunction in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;97:47-55 pubmed publisher..The role of TP53 in DLBCL has been widely explored recently. In this review, we summarized recent advances on different mechanisms of TP53 in DLBCL and new therapeutic approaches to overcome TP53 inactivation. ..
- Liu G, Wu L, Lin Wang S, Xu L, Ying Chang L, Fu Wang Y. Efficacy of Pramipexole for the Treatment of Primary Restless Leg Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. Clin Ther. 2016;38:162-179.e6 pubmed publisher..Future clinical trials focusing on the medium-term and long-term treatment outcomes and using mainly objective indicators for evaluation are warranted. It is also necessary to pay close attention to augmentation during medication. ..
- Yuan Y, Qi C, Maling G, Xiang W, Yanhui L, Ruofei L, et al. TERT mutation in glioma: Frequency, prognosis and risk. J Clin Neurosci. 2016;26:57-62 pubmed publisher..28, 95% CI 1.23-1.33). Our study shows that the TERT gene is a valuable prognostic and predictive biomarker of glioma, and TERT gene polymorphisms are significantly associated with an increased risk of glioma. ..
- Yang G, Lu W, Yu D, Sun C, Guo J, Li Z, et al. Quantitative Analysis of Differential Proteome Expression in Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition of Bladder Epithelial Cells Using SILAC Method. Molecules. 2016;21:84 pubmed publisher..bladder cancer cells, revealing 16 proteins that displayed similar changes in the two situations. Studies are in progress to further characterize these 16 proteins and their biological functions in EMT. ..
- Cao B, Yang L, Rong W, Feng L, Han N, Zhang K, et al. Latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1 in circulating plasma as a novel biomarker for early detection of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:16046-54 pubmed..72-0.83) and early-stage HCC (AUC = 0.80, 95% CI: 0.74-0.87). These findings proposed that LTBP-1 may be a promising biomarker for distinguishing HCC from the CHB or liver cirrhosis patients, especially for the early-stage HCC. ..
- Aung T, Ozaki M, Lee M, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Thorleifsson G, Mizoguchi T, et al. Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2017;49:993-1004 pubmed publisher..3 (TMEM136), 6p21 (AGPAT1), 3p24 (RBMS3) and 5q23 (near SEMA6A). These findings provide biological insights into the pathology of XFS and highlight a potential role for naturally occurring rare LOXL1 variants in disease biology. ..
- Hu Z, Yang Q, Bo X, Li J. Herpes simplex encephalitis. Lancet. 2003;362:280 pubmed
- Liu J, Mei W, Wu J, Zhao Y, Peng M, Dai H. A new cytotoxic homoisoflavonoid from Dracaena cambodiana. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2009;11:192-5 pubmed publisher..Compound 1 exhibited significant cytotoxic activities against K562 and SGC-7901 with the IC(50) values of 1.4 and 2.9 microg/ml, respectively...
- Ren K, Xian S, He F, Zhang W, Ding X, Wu Y, et al. CK2 phosphorylates AP-2? and increases its transcriptional activity. BMB Rep. 2011;44:490-5 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a novel cellular function of CK-2 as a transcriptional co-activator of AP-2?. ..
- Li S, Li W, Wang J, Zhang H, Li W, Zhang P, et al. Association of the genes for tumor necrosis factor-? and myelin basic protein with delayed encephalopathy after acute carbon monoxide poisoning. Genet Mol Res. 2012;11:4479-86 pubmed publisher..DEACMP may be the result of interaction of environmental and genetic factors...
- Zhou H, Wong A. Activation of p70S6K induces expression of matrix metalloproteinase 9 associated with hepatocyte growth factor-mediated invasion in human ovarian cancer cells. Endocrinology. 2006;147:2557-66 pubmed..These data suggest that interfering p70(S6K) may provide a novel means of controlling tumor cell invasiveness. ..
- Hong X, Hsu Y, Terwedow H, Tang G, Liu X, Jiang S, et al. Association of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T polymorphism and fracture risk in Chinese postmenopausal women. Bone. 2007;40:737-42 pubmed..Further study on the mechanistic role that this polymorphism plays in the development of fractures may lead to better understanding of the etiology of osteoporotic fracture. ..
- Dang S, Jia X, Song P, Cheng Y, Zhang X, Sun M, et al. Inhibitory effect of emodin and Astragalus polysaccharide on the replication of HBV. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:5669-73 pubmed..To evaluate the anti-viral effect of emodin plus Astragalus polysaccharide (APS) in hepatitis B virus (HBV) transgenic mice...
- Yang Y, Zhang E, Tan Y, Zhou J, Yao S, Jiang C, et al. [Clinical application of atlantoaxial pedicle screw internal fixation for treatment of atlantoaxial dislocation]. Zhongguo Gu Shang. 2009;22:832-4 pubmed..To investigate the clinical effect of atlantoaxial pedicle screw internal fixation for treatment of atlantoaxial dislocation...
- Ji F, Wang W, Xia Z, Zheng Y, Qiu Y, Wu F, et al. Prevalence and persistence of chromosomal damage and susceptible genotypes of metabolic and DNA repair genes in Chinese vinyl chloride-exposed workers. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:648-53 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that cumulative exposure dose of VC and common genetic variants in genes relevant to detoxification of carcinogens are the major factors that modulate CBMN induction in VC-exposed workers. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang Z, Li M, Zhang P, Liu X. [Preliminary results of screening of retinopathy of prematurity in Xi'an]. Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi. 2010;46:119-24 pubmed..The national criteria are appropriate for the ROP screening in Xi'an region. Prematurity, low birth weight and the relative hypoxia are high risk factors for the occurrence of ROP. ..
- Yang H, Zhou H, Feng P, Zhou X, Wen H, Xie X, et al. Reduced expression of Toll-like receptor 4 inhibits human breast cancer cells proliferation and inflammatory cytokines secretion. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest RNAi-directed targeting of TLR4 may be a beneficial strategy for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Chan W, Au W, Wong C, Liang R, Leung A, Kwong Y, et al. Metabolic activity measured by F-18 FDG PET in natural killer-cell lymphoma compared to aggressive B- and T-cell lymphomas. Clin Nucl Med. 2010;35:571-5 pubmed publisher..This may reflect the large amount of coagulative necrosis and inflammatory component of the tumor, and the relatively slower tumor growth rate compared with aggressive B-cell lymphomas. ..
- Wujisguleng W, Khasbagen K. An integrated assessment of wild vegetable resources in Inner Mongolian Autonomous Region, China. J Ethnobiol Ethnomed. 2010;6:34 pubmed publisher..Most of the collected species require further research and investigation into their nutrient content, toxicity and ethnobotany to illuminate their potential as new cultivars or products. ..
- Yang Z, Zhou L, Wu L, Lai M, Xie H, Zhang F, et al. Overexpression of long non-coding RNA HOTAIR predicts tumor recurrence in hepatocellular carcinoma patients following liver transplantation. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:1243-50 pubmed publisher..The high expression level of HOTAIR in HCC could be a candidate biomarker for predicting tumor recurrence in HCC patients who have undergone liver transplant therapy and might be a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Li Z, Wu Y, Ma C, Nie S, Mao X, Shi Y. Down-regulation of c-Myc expression inhibits the invasion of bile duct carcinoma cells. Cell Biol Int. 2011;35:799-802 pubmed publisher..Thus in the present study we show that down-regulation of c-Myc expression can inhibit the invasion of QBC939 cells in vitro. ..
- Hou H, Li J, Ding G, Ye W, Jiao P, Li Q. [The cytotoxic effect and injury mechanism of deoxynivalenol on articular chondrocytes in human embryo]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;45:629-32 pubmed..DON induced apoptosis in articular cartilage cells. ..
- Qiu H, Yu I, Tian L, Wang X, Tse L, Tam W, et al. Effects of coarse particulate matter on emergency hospital admissions for respiratory diseases: a time-series analysis in Hong Kong. Environ Health Perspect. 2012;120:572-6 pubmed publisher..PMc was associated with emergency hospital admissions for respiratory diseases in Hong Kong independent of PM2.5 and gaseous pollutants. Further research is needed to evaluate health effects of different components of PMc. ..
- Yi M, Liu P, Li X, Mittendorf E, He J, Ren Y, et al. Comparative analysis of clinicopathologic features, treatment, and survival of Asian women with a breast cancer diagnosis residing in the United States. Cancer. 2012;118:4117-25 pubmed publisher..Differences in presenting clinicopathologic features may affect DSS rates, suggesting that further investigation of these disparities is warranted to increase early detection and treatment for specific subgroups. ..
- Xin Y, Wang J, Li L, Tang T, Liu G, Wang J, et al. Dosimetric verification for primary focal hypermetabolism of nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients treated with dynamic intensity-modulated radiation therapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:985-9 pubmed..Our preliminary evidence indicates that functional image-guided dynamic IMRT is feasible. ..
- Cui E, Li H, Hua F, Wang B, Mao W, Feng X, et al. Serum microRNA 125b as a diagnostic or prognostic biomarker for advanced NSCLC patients receiving cisplatin-based chemotherapy. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:309-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-125b is a potential diagnostic or prognostic biomarker for NSCLC. This finding has important implications for development of targeted therapeutics to overcome chemotherapeutic resistance in NSCLC. ..
- Chen H, Hu K, Zou J, Xiao J. A cluster of cases of human-to-human transmission caused by severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome bunyavirus. Int J Infect Dis. 2013;17:e206-8 pubmed publisher..The index patient and two secondary patients died. None reported a tick bite...
- Yang X, An L, Li X. NDRG3 and NDRG4, two novel tumor-related genes. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:681-4 pubmed publisher..We tried to show their significance in studying disease and their therapeutic potential. ..
- Chen Q, Zhang Y, Tong M, Wu M, Snowise S, Stone P, et al. Pre-treatment with calcium prevents endothelial cell activation induced by multiple activators, necrotic trophoblastic debris or IL-6 or preeclamptic sera: possible relevance to the pathogenesis of preeclampsia. Placenta. 2013;34:1196-201 pubmed publisher..These results may partially explain the benefits of calcium supplementation in the reduction of risk for developing preeclampsia and provide in vitro mechanistic support for the use of calcium supplementation in at-risk women. ..