Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Belgium
Publications842 found, 100 shown here
- Chuah M, Brems H, Vanslembrouck V, Collen D, Vandendriessche T. Bone marrow stromal cells as targets for gene therapy of hemophilia A. Hum Gene Ther. 1998;9:353-65 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the potential of BM stromal cells for gene therapy in general and hemophilia A in particular. ..
- Maes M, Devos N, Wauters A, Demedts P, Maurits V, Neels H, et al. Inflammatory markers in younger vs elderly normal volunteers and in patients with Alzheimer's disease. J Psychiatr Res. 1999;33:397-405 pubmed..e. lower serum Alb and increased serum IL-6 and alpha1 and alpha2 globulin fractions. The findings suggest that not all indicators of IRS activation in SDAT are related to those of the normal ageing process. ..
- Veugelers M, Cat B, Muyldermans S, Reekmans G, Delande N, Frints S, et al. Mutational analysis of the GPC3/GPC4 glypican gene cluster on Xq26 in patients with Simpson-Golabi-Behmel syndrome: identification of loss-of-function mutations in the GPC3 gene. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:1321-8 pubmed..In three SGBS patients and in all non-SGBS patients, no mutations could be identified. We found three single nucleotide polymorphisms in the GPC4 gene but no evidence for loss-of-function mutations in GPC4 associated with SGBS. ..
- Anaf V, Simon P, El Nakadi I, Fayt I, Buxant F, Simonart T, et al. Relationship between endometriotic foci and nerves in rectovaginal endometriotic nodules. Hum Reprod. 2000;15:1744-50 pubmed..We postulate that such topographical relationships could at least partially explain the strong association between this lesion and pain. ..
- Laukens D, Peeters H, Marichal D, Vander Cruyssen B, Mielants H, Elewaut D, et al. CARD15 gene polymorphisms in patients with spondyloarthropathies identify a specific phenotype previously related to Crohn's disease. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005;64:930-5 pubmed..CARD15 gene polymorphisms clearly identify a subgroup of patients with spondyloarthropathies associated with chronic intestinal inflammation. ..
- De Vriese C, Gregoire F, De Neef P, Robberecht P, Delporte C. Ghrelin is produced by the human erythroleukemic HEL cell line and involved in an autocrine pathway leading to cell proliferation. Endocrinology. 2005;146:1514-22 pubmed
- Jans L, Lemmerling M, Verstraete K. Tornwaldt's cyst. JBR-BTR. 2005;88:209 pubmed
- De Bleecker J, Creus K, De Paepe B. Potential therapeutic targets for idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Drug News Perspect. 2006;19:549-57 pubmed
- Mertens I, Lemieux I, Verrijken A, Despres J, Van Gaal L. PAI-1 activity, but not fibrinogen or von Willebrand factor, is inversely related to LDL particle size in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2008;24:141-7 pubmed..PAI-1 activity levels, in contrast to fibrinogen and vWF:Ag, seem to be related to the small LDL phenotype in patients with type 2 diabetes. However, this relationship was not independent of insulin resistance or triglycerides. ..
- François K, Auwerx J, Schols D, Balzarini J. Simian immunodeficiency virus is susceptible to inhibition by carbohydrate-binding agents in a manner similar to that of HIV: implications for further preclinical drug development. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;74:330-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, SIV(mac251)-infected monkeys might represent a relevant animal model to study the efficacy of CBAs in vivo. ..
- Bocksteins E, Labro A, Mayeur E, Bruyns T, Timmermans J, Adriaensen D, et al. Conserved negative charges in the N-terminal tetramerization domain mediate efficient assembly of Kv2.1 and Kv2.1/Kv6.4 channels. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31625-34 pubmed publisher..1. These results indicate that these aspartates (especially the first one) in the A/B box linker of the T1 domain are required for efficient assembly of both homotetrameric Kv2.1 and heterotetrameric Kv2.1/silent Kv6.4 channels. ..
- Joseph W, Verloock L. Influence of mobile phone traffic on base station exposure of the general public. Health Phys. 2010;99:631-8 pubmed publisher..This enables the estimation of maximal and average exposure during a week from short-period measurements using only Erlang data and avoids the necessity of long measurement times. ..
- Weatherly K, Braun M. Organ transplantation: modulation of T-cell activation pathways initiated by cell surface receptors to suppress graft rejection. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;677:419-30 pubmed publisher..This article describes the recent development and potential application of these therapies in experimental and pre-clinical transplantation. ..
- Vlieghe E, Phe T, De Smet B, Veng C, Kham C, Bertrand S, et al. Azithromycin and ciprofloxacin resistance in Salmonella bloodstream infections in Cambodian adults. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2012;6:e1933 pubmed publisher..Resistance rates in Salmonella spp. in Cambodia are alarming, in particular for azithromycin and ciprofloxacin. This warrants nationwide surveillance and revision of treatment guidelines. ..
- Penafiel D, Termote C, Lachat C, Espinel R, Kolsteren P, Van Damme P. Barriers to Eating Traditional Foods Vary by Age Group in Ecuador With Biodiversity Loss as a Key Issue. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2016;48:258-68.e1 pubmed publisher..Increased production of traditional food is needed to address current economic realities. ..
- Osei Kwasi H, Nicolaou M, Powell K, Terragni L, Maes L, Stronks K, et al. Systematic mapping review of the factors influencing dietary behaviour in ethnic minority groups living in Europe: a DEDIPAC study. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2016;13:85 pubmed publisher..The evidence from this review will feed into developing a framework for the study of factors influencing dietary behaviours in ethnic minority groups in Europe. ..
- Stove C, Vanrobaeys F, Devreese B, Van Beeumen J, Mareel M, Bracke M. Melanoma cells secrete follistatin, an antagonist of activin-mediated growth inhibition. Oncogene. 2004;23:5330-9 pubmed
- Boël P, Wildmann C, Sensi M, Brasseur R, Renauld J, Coulie P, et al. BAGE: a new gene encoding an antigen recognized on human melanomas by cytolytic T lymphocytes. Immunity. 1995;2:167-75 pubmed..Like the MAGE genes, it is silent in normal tissues with the exception of testis. Because of its tumor-specific expression, the BAGE-encoded antigen may prove useful for cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Hendrickx J, Coucke P, Bossuyt P, Wauters J, Raeymaekers P, Marchau F, et al. X-linked liver glycogenosis: localization and isolation of a candidate gene. Hum Mol Genet. 1993;2:583-9 pubmed..Fluorescent in situ hybridization mapped human PHKA2 to Xp22. As this physical mapping coincides with the genetic mapping of XLG by linkage analysis, PHKA2 most probably harbours the mutation(s) responsible for XLG. ..
- Gaugler B, Brouwenstijn N, Vantomme V, Szikora J, Van der Spek C, Patard J, et al. A new gene coding for an antigen recognized by autologous cytolytic T lymphocytes on a human renal carcinoma. Immunogenetics. 1996;44:323-30 pubmed..This represents the first identification of an antigen recognized by autologous CTL on a renal tumor. ..
- Chemlal K, De Ridder K, Fonteyne P, Meyers W, Swings J, Portaels F. The use of IS2404 restriction fragment length polymorphisms suggests the diversity of Mycobacterium ulcerans from different geographical areas. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2001;64:270-3 pubmed..ulcerans, related to the six geographic origins of the isolates were distinguished, confirming that M. ulcerans can be divided into subgroups corresponding to different geographic variants of the same species. ..
- VandenDriessche T, Thorrez L, Naldini L, Follenzi A, Moons L, Berneman Z, et al. Lentiviral vectors containing the human immunodeficiency virus type-1 central polypurine tract can efficiently transduce nondividing hepatocytes and antigen-presenting cells in vivo. Blood. 2002;100:813-22 pubmed..In addition, these improved lentiviral vectors could potentially be useful for genetic vaccination and treatment of perinatal cardiac disorders. ..
- Vauquelin G, Michotte Y, Smolders I, Sarre S, Ebinger G, Dupont A, et al. Cellular targets for angiotensin II fragments: pharmacological and molecular evidence. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2002;3:195-204 pubmed
- Mortelmans K, Post M, Thijs V, Herroelen L, Budts W. The influence of percutaneous atrial septal defect closure on the occurrence of migraine. Eur Heart J. 2005;26:1533-7 pubmed..The reason for the new-onset migraine remains unexplained. A larger study sample will be necessary to determine these findings. ..
- Shlyonsky V, Goolaerts A, Van Beneden R, Sariban Sohraby S. Differentiation of epithelial Na+ channel function. An in vitro model. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24181-7 pubmed
- Vander Cruyssen B, Cantaert T, Nogueira L, Clavel C, De Rycke L, Dendoven A, et al. Diagnostic value of anti-human citrullinated fibrinogen ELISA and comparison with four other anti-citrullinated protein assays. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R122 pubmed..In conclusion, we found that AhFibA and anti-CCP2 antibodies had similar diagnostic performance. However, disagreement between ACPA tests may occur. ..
- Kaba A, Laurent S, Detroz B, Sessler D, Durieux M, Lamy M, et al. Intravenous lidocaine infusion facilitates acute rehabilitation after laparoscopic colectomy. Anesthesiology. 2007;106:11-8; discussion 5-6 pubmed..Intravenous lidocaine improves postoperative analgesia, fatigue, and bowel function after laparoscopic colectomy. These benefits are associated with a significant reduction in hospital stay. ..
- Clays E, De Bacquer D, Leynen F, Kornitzer M, Kittel F, De Backer G. The impact of psychosocial factors on low back pain: longitudinal results from the Belstress study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007;32:262-8 pubmed..Based on the results of this study, psychosocial factors (both work and nonwork-related) constitute nonnegligible risks for the development of LBP. ..
- Segers P, Rietzschel E, De Buyzere M, Vermeersch S, De Bacquer D, Van Bortel L, et al. Noninvasive (input) impedance, pulse wave velocity, and wave reflection in healthy middle-aged men and women. Hypertension. 2007;49:1248-55 pubmed..Wave reflection increases with age and is not higher in women than in men. ..
- Buxant F, Engohan Aloghe C, Noel J. Estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and glucocorticoid receptor expression in normal breast tissue, breast in situ carcinoma, and invasive breast cancer. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2010;18:254-7 pubmed publisher..Understanding the role of GCs in breast carcinoma is thus essential before continuing the widespread use of GCs combined with antineoplastic drugs or agents in the clinical management of women with breast cancer. ..
- Adams C. The probiotic paradox: live and dead cells are biological response modifiers. Nutr Res Rev. 2010;23:37-46 pubmed publisher..However, the use of dead probiotics as biological response modifiers has several attractive advantages; such products would be very safe and have a long shelf-life. ..
- Vandenbroeck S, De Geest S, Dobbels F, Fieuws S, Stalmans I, Zeyen T. Prevalence and correlates of self-reported nonadherence with eye drop treatment: the Belgian Compliance Study in Ophthalmology (BCSO). J Glaucoma. 2011;20:414-21 pubmed publisher..The patients visiting their ophthalmologists at least every 3 months have a lower risk of nonadherence. Ophthalmologist report is an insensitive method for detecting nonadherence. ..
- Vervoort T, Caes L, Trost Z, Sullivan M, Vangronsveld K, Goubert L. Social modulation of facial pain display in high-catastrophizing children: an observational study in schoolchildren and their parents. Pain. 2011;152:1591-9 pubmed publisher..The findings are discussed in terms of possible mechanisms that may drive and maintain pain expression in high-catastrophizing children, as well as potential limitations of traditional theories in explaining pediatric pain expression. ..
- Paupert J, Sounni N, NoÃ«l A. Lymphangiogenesis in post-natal tissue remodeling: lymphatic endothelial cell connection with its environment. Mol Aspects Med. 2011;32:146-58 pubmed publisher..Herein, we describe ECM-cell and cell-cell interactions on lymphatic system function and their modification occurring in pathologies including cancer metastasis. ..
- Everaert I, Taes Y, De Heer E, Baelde H, Zutinic A, Yard B, et al. Low plasma carnosinase activity promotes carnosinemia after carnosine ingestion in humans. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;302:F1537-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, low plasma carnosinase activity promotes the presence of circulating carnosine upon an oral challenge. These data may further clarify the link among CNDP1 genotype, carnosinase, and diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Lion E, Smits E, Berneman Z, Van Tendeloo V. NK cells: key to success of DC-based cancer vaccines?. Oncologist. 2012;17:1256-70 pubmed publisher..We underscore that the design of DC-based cancer vaccines should include the evaluation of their NK cell stimulating potency both in the preclinical phase and in clinical trials. ..
- Pe M, Koval P, Kuppens P. Executive well-being: updating of positive stimuli in working memory is associated with subjective well-being. Cognition. 2013;126:335-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that effective updating of positive information in WM may underlie happy people's ability to maintain and further enhance positive thoughts and emotions. ..
- Schrauwen I, Sommen M, Corneveaux J, Reiman R, Hackett N, Claes C, et al. A sensitive and specific diagnostic test for hearing loss using a microdroplet PCR-based approach and next generation sequencing. Am J Med Genet A. 2013;161A:145-52 pubmed publisher..We propose that this diagnostic testing approach represents a significant improvement in clinical practice as a standard diagnostic tool for children with hearing loss...
- Maeseele P, Allgaier J, Martinelli L. Bio-objects and the media: the role of communication in bio-objectification processes. Croat Med J. 2013;54:301-5 pubmed
- Kent B, Grote L, Ryan S, Pepin J, Bonsignore M, Tkacova R, et al. Diabetes mellitus prevalence and control in sleep-disordered breathing: the European Sleep Apnea Cohort (ESADA) study. Chest. 2014;146:982-990 pubmed publisher..001). Increasing OSA severity is associated with increased likelihood of concomitant T2DM and worse diabetic control in patients with T2DM. ..
- Geelhoed D, Stokx J, Mariano X, Mosse LÃ¡zaro C, Roelens K. Risk factors for stillbirths in Tete, Mozambique. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;130:148-52 pubmed publisher..Prenatal management of HIV and syphilis limited effects on fetal outcome. Emergency obstetric care and referral systems should be the focus of interventions aimed at stillbirth prevention. ..
- Millot F, Dupraz C, Guilhot J, Suttorp M, Brizard F, Leblanc T, et al. Additional cytogenetic abnormalities and variant t(9;22) at the diagnosis of childhood chronic myeloid leukemia: The experience of the International Registry for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in Children and Adolescents. Cancer. 2017;123:3609-3616 pubmed publisher..In contrast to adults with CML, additional chromosomal abnormalities observed at diagnosis do not seem to have a significant prognostic impact. Cancer 2017;123:3609-16. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Abongomera C, Ritmeijer K, Vogt F, Buyze J, Mekonnen Z, Admassu H, et al. Development and external validation of a clinical prognostic score for death in visceral leishmaniasis patients in a high HIV co-infection burden area in Ethiopia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178996 pubmed publisher..Implementation of focused strategies could contribute to optimal management and reduction of the case fatality rates. ..
- de Macedo M, Kimmel R, Urankar D, Gazvoda M, Peixoto A, Cools F, et al. Design, synthesis and antitubercular potency of 4-hydroxyquinolin-2(1H)-ones. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:491-500 pubmed publisher..2 ?M and a CC50 against MRC-5 of 67.4 ?M. ..
- Mercken M, Lubke U, Vandermeeren M, Gheuens J, Oestreicher A. Immunocytochemical detection of the growth-associated protein B-50 by newly characterized monoclonal antibodies in human brain and muscle. J Neurobiol. 1992;23:309-21 pubmed..In human muscle, Mabs reveal B-50 in nerve bundles and in axons at motor end plates. Thus, these Mabs are useful in investigating the function and localization of the B-50 protein. ..
- Petit M, Meulemans S, Van de Ven W. The focal adhesion and nuclear targeting capacity of the LIM-containing lipoma-preferred partner (LPP) protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2157-68 pubmed..Our studies have defined novel functional domains in the LPP protein. ..
- Beco J, Climov D, Bex M. Pudendal nerve decompression in perineology: a case series. BMC Surg. 2004;4:15 pubmed..The three clinical signs of PCS seem to be efficient to suspect this diagnosis. There is a need for further studies to confirm these preliminary results. ..
- De Coster P, Van den Berghe L, Martens L. Generalized joint hypermobility and temporomandibular disorders: inherited connective tissue disease as a model with maximum expression. J Orofac Pain. 2005;19:47-57 pubmed..001). TMJ hypermobility signs were expressed significantly more often in GJH compared to controls with TMD and normal joint mobility. This study indicates a positive relationship between GJH and TMD. ..
- Vande Berg B, Lecouvet F, Galant C, Maldague B, Malghem J. Normal variants and frequent marrow alterations that simulate bone marrow lesions at MR imaging. Radiol Clin North Am. 2005;43:761-70, ix pubmed..This article addresses normal variants and frequent alterations of the vertebral bone marrow that are encountered on MR imaging studies and can simulate lesions. ..
- Nijs J, Van Geel C, Van der auwera C, Van de Velde B. Diagnostic value of five clinical tests in patellofemoral pain syndrome. Man Ther. 2006;11:69-77 pubmed..The negative likelihood ratios for all tests exceeded the threshold value of 0.5, suggestive of clinically irrelevant information. These data question the validity of clinical tests for the diagnosis of PFPS...
- van de Voorde K, Nijsten T, Schelfhout K, Moorkens G, Lambert J. Long-term use of silver containing nose-drops resulting in systemic argyria. Acta Clin Belg. 2005;60:33-5 pubmed..Argyria should be taken into consideration when a patient presents with a blue-grey discoloration of the skin, particulary in areas exposed to the sun. ..
- Strumane K, Bonnomet A, Stove C, Vandenbroucke R, Nawrocki Raby B, Bruyneel E, et al. E-cadherin regulates human Nanos1, which interacts with p120ctn and induces tumor cell migration and invasion. Cancer Res. 2006;66:10007-15 pubmed..Targeting hNanos1 might be a promising strategy in the treatment of E-cadherin-negative tumors in particular. ..
- Michiels J, Berneman Z, Schroyens W, Koudstaal P, Lindemans J, Neumann H, et al. Platelet-mediated erythromelalgic, cerebral, ocular and coronary microvascular ischemic and thrombotic manifestations in patients with essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia vera: a distinct aspirin-responsive and coumadin-resistant arterial thro. Platelets. 2006;17:528-44 pubmed
- Maleux G, Nevens F, Heye S, Verslype C, Marchal G. The use of carbon dioxide wedged hepatic venography to identify the portal vein: comparison with direct catheter portography with iodinated contrast medium and analysis of predictive factors influencing level of opacification. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2006;17:1771-9 pubmed..With use of CO(2) WHV, the portal venous system is most distinctly opacified in patients presenting with a high portosystemic gradient, a spontaneous splenorenal shunt, esophageal varices, and reversed portal flow. ..
- Van Hoecke E, Baeyens D, Vanden Bossche H, Hoebeke P, Vande Walle J. Early detection of psychological problems in a population of children with enuresis: construction and validation of the Short Screening Instrument for Psychological Problems in Enuresis. J Urol. 2007;178:2611-5 pubmed..The implementation of this short questionnaire can contribute to better followup of medical treatment. ..
- Verfaillie G, Hoorens A, Lamote J. Primary primitive neuro-ectodermal tumour of the lung. Acta Chir Belg. 2009;109:381-4 pubmed..The correlation between anatomo-pathological aspects and clinical imaging is emphasized, which is discussed in the light of the most recent literature. ..
- Hartman V, Van Hee R. Acute colonic pseudo-obstruction in vascular patients (Ogilvie syndrome). Acta Chir Belg. 2009;109:760-2 pubmed..In both patients, right hemicolectomy and postoperative medical treatment resulted in complete recovery. ..
- Kips J, Vanmolkot F, Mahieu D, Vermeersch S, Fabry I, de Hoon J, et al. The use of diameter distension waveforms as an alternative for tonometric pressure to assess carotid blood pressure. Physiol Meas. 2010;31:543-53 pubmed publisher..We therefore recommend to stick to one technique on both the brachial and the carotid artery, either tonometry or distension, when assessing carotid blood pressure non-invasively. ..
- Leclercq G, Gallo D, Cossy J, Laios I, Larsimont D, Laurent G, et al. Peptides targeting estrogen receptor alpha-potential applications for breast cancer treatment. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:2632-53 pubmed..This paper describes functional motifs potentially suitable for the design of such antagonists. Activity of available peptidic and non-peptidic mimics of these motifs is also reviewed. ..
- Tan M, Deklerck R, Jansen B, Bister M, Cornelis J. A novel computer-aided lung nodule detection system for CT images. Med Phys. 2011;38:5630-45 pubmed publisher..The overall performance of our CAD system equipped with any of the three classifiers is well with respect to other methods described in literature. ..
- Opdenakker G, Van Damme J. Probing cytokines, chemokines and matrix metalloproteinases towards better immunotherapies of multiple sclerosis. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2011;22:359-65 pubmed publisher..Novel molecules interfering with matrix metalloproteinases and chemokines, such as EMMPRIN, COAM and monoclonal antibodies are currently being investigated, demonstrating continued efforts to find new drugs for MS treatment. ..
- Lepez T, Vandewoestyne M, Hussain S, Van Nieuwerburgh F, Poppe K, Velkeniers B, et al. Fetal microchimeric cells in blood of women with an autoimmune thyroid disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29646 pubmed publisher..In women who never had been pregnant, no male cells were detected. This study shows a clear association between fetal microchimeric cells and autoimmune thyroid diseases. ..
- Mine B, Delpierre I, Hassid S, De Witte O, Lubicz B. The role of interventional neuroradiology in the management of skull base tumours and related surgical complications. B-ENT. 2011;7 Suppl 17:61-6 pubmed..This article provides a review of the indications for, and results of, diagnostic, pre-operative and therapeutic endovascular procedures for the management of skull base tumours and related surgical complications. ..
- Verhasselt S, Schelfaut S, Bataillie F, Moke L. Postsurgical Parsonage-Turner syndrome: a challenging diagnosis. Acta Orthop Belg. 2013;79:20-4 pubmed..It allows to treat the patient properly, leading to greater satisfaction of both surgeon and patient; pain management, physical therapy and reassurance are the cornerstones. ..
- Deckers J, Branco Madeira F, Hammad H. Innate immune cells in asthma. Trends Immunol. 2013;34:540-7 pubmed publisher..In turn, these innate cells can activate DCs to sustain Th2 immunity. Here, we review the role played by these different populations of immune cells in the pathogenesis of asthma and how they interact to orchestrate Th2 immunity. ..
- Helsmoortel C, Vulto van Silfhout A, Coe B, Vandeweyer G, Rooms L, van den Ende J, et al. A SWI/SNF-related autism syndrome caused by de novo mutations in ADNP. Nat Genet. 2014;46:380-4 pubmed publisher..We estimate this gene to be mutated in at least 0.17% of ASD cases, making it one of the most frequent ASD-associated genes known to date. ..
- Lien N, van Stralen M, Androutsos O, Bere E, FernÃ¡ndez Alvira J, Jan N, et al. The school nutrition environment and its association with soft drink intakes in seven countries across Europe--the ENERGY project. Health Place. 2014;30:28-35 pubmed publisher..e. discussion with stakeholders, healthy foods at events). Only a few associations of practices with the pupils×³ soft drink consumption were found. ..
- Geldof L, Lootens L, Decroix L, BotrÃ¨ F, Meuleman P, Leroux Roels G, et al. Metabolic studies of prostanozol with the uPA-SCID chimeric mouse model and human liver microsomes. Steroids. 2016;107:139-48 pubmed publisher..Hence, the results provide further evidence for the applicability of chimeric mice and HLM to perform metabolism studies of designer steroids. ..
- Dirinck E, Dirtu A, Malarvannan G, Covaci A, Jorens P, Van Gaal L. A Preliminary Link between Hydroxylated Metabolites of Polychlorinated Biphenyls and Free Thyroxin in Humans. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13:421 pubmed publisher..TSH levels were not predicted by serum levels of any of the PCBs or HO-PCBs. Our study indicates that in vivo, circulating fT4 levels can be linked to serum levels of several PCBs and hydroxylated PCB metabolites. ..
- De Block C, De Leeuw I, Bogers J, Pelckmans P, Ieven M, Van Marck E, et al. Helicobacter pylori, parietal cell antibodies and autoimmune gastropathy in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002;16:281-9 pubmed..pylori and PCA differed. PCA-positivity but not ongoing H. pylori infection is associated with autoimmune gastritis. Low titres of PCA might reflect H. pylori infection rather than autoimmune gastropathy. ..
- van Autreve J, Weets I, Gulbis B, Vertongen F, Gorus F, van der Auwera B. The rare HLA-DQA1*03-DQB1*02 haplotype confers susceptibility to type 1 diabetes in whites and is preferentially associated with early clinical disease onset in male subjects. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:729-36 pubmed..These results are compatible with an effect of cis-encoded heterodimers or with previously suggested interactions of X-linked genetic factors with (DR3-)DQB1*02 haplotypes. ..
- Casini A, Clays E, Godin I, De Backer G, Kornitzer M, Kittel F. The differential impact of job isostrain and home-work interference on indicators of physical and mental health in women and men. J Occup Environ Med. 2010;52:1236-44 pubmed publisher..There was no difference for the other patterns. To improve workers' well-being, organizations should develop work and nonwork balance policies specific for men and women. ..
- Vrieze E, Pizzagalli D, Demyttenaere K, Hompes T, Sienaert P, de Boer P, et al. Reduced reward learning predicts outcome in major depressive disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2013;73:639-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, reduced reward learning increased the odds for the diagnosis of MDD to persist after 8 weeks of treatment. ..
- SolÃ© Lleonart C, Roberts J, Chastre J, Poulakou G, Palmer L, Blot S, et al. Global survey on nebulization of antimicrobial agents in mechanically ventilated patients: a call for international guidelines. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:359-364 pubmed publisher..Randomized controlled clinical trials and international guidance on indications, dosing and antibiotic combinations to improve clinical outcomes are urgently required. ..
- Segura I, Lange C, Knevels E, Moskalyuk A, Pulizzi R, Eelen G, et al. The Oxygen Sensor PHD2 Controls Dendritic Spines and Synapses via Modification of Filamin A. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2653-67 pubmed publisher..FLNA upregulation induces more immature spines, whereas Flna silencing rescues the immature spine phenotype induced by PHD2 inhibition. ..
- Dukik K, Muñoz J, Jiang Y, Feng P, Sigler L, Stielow J, et al. Novel taxa of thermally dimorphic systemic pathogens in the Ajellomycetaceae (Onygenales). Mycoses. 2017;60:296-309 pubmed publisher..Another novel dimorphic pathogen, producing broad-based budding cells at 37°C and occurring outside North America, proved to belong to the genus Blastomyces, and is described as Blastomyces percursus...
- Tack L, Heyse R, Craen M, Dhondt K, Bossche H, Laridaen J, et al. Consecutive Cyproterone Acetate and Estradiol Treatment in Late-Pubertal Transgender Female Adolescents. J Sex Med. 2017;14:747-757 pubmed publisher..Rapid further feminization was observed with incremental doses of E. Tack LJW, Heyse R, Craen M, et al. Consecutive Cyproterone Acetate and Estradiol Treatment in Late-Pubertal Transgender Female Adolescents. J Sex Med 2017;14:747-757. ..
- Van der Auwera P, Vandermies A, Lieppe S, Grenier P, Bourguignon A, Ernst F. Ceftazidime combined with mecillinam: serum bactericidal titres compared with in-vitro synergy against gram-negative bacilli. J Antimicrob Chemother. 1988;21:745-53 pubmed..In SBS and SBA, on the other hand, the combination of mecillinam with ceftazidime showed an additive effect against most Enterobacteriaceae tested, synergy being shown for only 10-35% of tests.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Desarnaud F, Labbe O, Eggerickx D, Vassart G, Parmentier M. Molecular cloning, functional expression and pharmacological characterization of a mouse melanocortin receptor gene. Biochem J. 1994;299 ( Pt 2):367-73 pubmed..The availability of functionally expressed receptors from the melanocortin family will allow the development of a specific pharmacology, and a better understanding of the function of the pro-opiomelanocortin-derived peptides. ..
- Theate I, Michaux L, Dardenne S, Guiot Y, Briere J, Emile F, et al. Epstein-Barr virus-associated lymphoproliferative disease occurring in a patient with sarcoidosis treated by methotrexate and methylprednisolone. Eur J Haematol. 2002;69:248-53 pubmed..This case supports the hypothesis that immunosuppression therapy may contribute to an increased risk for the development of EBV-associated lymphoproliferative disorders in patients suffering from sarcoidosis. ..
- Audenaert D, Claes L, Ceulemans B, Lofgren A, Van Broeckhoven C, De Jonghe P. A deletion in SCN1B is associated with febrile seizures and early-onset absence epilepsy. Neurology. 2003;61:854-6 pubmed..SCN1B mutations are associated with GEFS+ and may have a role in the elicitation of absence seizures. ..
- Janssens N, Janicot M, Perera T, Bakker A. Housekeeping genes as internal standards in cancer research. Mol Diagn. 2004;8:107-13 pubmed..Our study demonstrated the usefulness of mATPsy6 as an endogenous control when comparing tumor tissue samples with normal tissue samples. ..