Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Argentina
Publications955 found, 100 shown here
- Buttaro M, Tanoira I, Comba F, Piccaluga F. Combining C-reactive protein and interleukin-6 may be useful to detect periprosthetic hip infection. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010;468:3263-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest the combination of CRP and IL-6 would be a useful serologic tool to complement others when diagnosing periprosthetic infection. ..
- Giorgi M, Cohen Arazi H, Gonzalez C, Di Girolamo G. Changing anticoagulant paradigms for atrial fibrillation: dabigatran, apixaban and rivaroxaban. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2011;12:567-77 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is important to know the characteristics of these drugs as a potential alternative to VKAs. ..
- Bengió R, Riva M, Moiraghi B, Lanari E, Milone J, Ventriglia V, et al. Clinical outcome of chronic myeloid leukemia imatinib-resistant patients: do BCR-ABL kinase domain mutations affect patient survival? First multicenter Argentinean study. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:1720-6 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that mutation frequency increased with the progression of disease, and suggest that imatinib treatment should be started early. ..
- Spallanzani R, Dalotto Moreno T, Raffo Iraolagoitia X, Ziblat A, Domaica C, Avila D, et al. Expansion of CD11b(+)Ly6G (+)Ly6C (int) cells driven by medroxyprogesterone acetate in mice bearing breast tumors restrains NK cell effector functions. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2013;62:1781-95 pubmed publisher..Our results describe an alternative mechanism by which MPA may affect immunosurveillance and have potential implication in breast cancer incidence. ..
- Ramisch D, Rumbo C, Echevarria C, Moulin L, Niveyro S, Orce G, et al. Long-Term Outcomes of Intestinal and Multivisceral Transplantation at a Single Center in Argentina. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:457-62 pubmed publisher..A multidisciplinary approach is mandatory for the care of intestinal failure patients, to sustain a rehabilitation and transplantation program over time. ..
- Actis Goretta L, MacKenzie G, Oteiza P, Fraga C. Comparative study on the antioxidant capacity of wines and other plant-derived beverages. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;957:279-83 pubmed..Further studies of absorption and metabolism of the active compounds will judge the physiological relevance of these results for human health. ..
- Izbizky G, Elias D, Gallo A, Farias P, Sod R. Prenatal diagnosis of fetal bilateral adrenal carcinoma. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2005;26:669-71 pubmed..Postmortem histological findings included nesidioblastosis, (i.e. hyperplasia of the cells of the islets of Langerhans) and adrenocortical cytomegaly, suggestive of a form of Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome...
- Papayannis C, Consalvo D, Seifer G, Kauffman M, Silva W, Kochen S. Clinical spectrum and difficulties in management of hypothalamic hamartoma in a developing country. Acta Neurol Scand. 2008;118:313-9 pubmed publisher..In five, an additional procedure was performed without any significant improvement. These series show the heterogeneous spectrum of this entity and the difficulties in its treatment in a developing country. ..
- Olivares C, Bilotas M, Buquet R, Borghi M, Sueldo C, Tesone M, et al. Effects of a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor on endometrial epithelial cells from patients with endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2008;23:2701-8 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a direct effect of celecoxib on reduction of endometrial growth and supports further research on selective COX-2 inhibition as a novel therapeutic modality in endometriosis. ..
- Reina S, Sterin Borda L, Passafaro D, Borda E. Muscarinic cholinoceptor activation by pilocarpine triggers apoptosis in human skin fibroblast cells. J Cell Physiol. 2010;222:640-7 pubmed publisher..These results may contribute to a better understanding of the modulatory role of the parasympathetic muscarinic system on the apoptotic human skin fibroblast process. ..
- Frances D, Ronco M, Monti J, Ingaramo P, Pisani G, Parody J, et al. Hyperglycemia induces apoptosis in rat liver through the increase of hydroxyl radical: new insights into the insulin effect. J Endocrinol. 2010;205:187-200 pubmed publisher..A new anti-apoptosis signal for insulin is shown, given by an increase of apoptosis inhibitor protein...
- Sundblad V, Croci D, Rabinovich G. Regulated expression of galectin-3, a multifunctional glycan-binding protein, in haematopoietic and non-haematopoietic tissues. Histol Histopathol. 2011;26:247-65 pubmed publisher..Understanding how galectin-3 is regulated in normal tissues will contribute to a rational design of approaches aimed at modulating galectin-3 expression and subcellular localization for experimental and therapeutic purposes. ..
- Ballaré C, Caldwell M, Flint S, Robinson S, Bornman J. Effects of solar ultraviolet radiation on terrestrial ecosystems. Patterns, mechanisms, and interactions with climate change. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2011;10:226-41 pubmed publisher..One example is the physical degradation of plant litter. Increased photodegradation (in response to reduced cloudiness or canopy cover) will lead to increased carbon release to the atmosphere via direct and indirect mechanisms. ..
- Hirschler V, Meroño T, Maccallini G, Gomez Rosso L, Aranda C, Brites F. Association of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A? activity with components of the metabolic syndrome in apparently healthy boys. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 2011;9:78-83 pubmed..As plaque morphology may change with age, associations of Lp-PLA(2) with CVD may likewise vary with age. ..
- Mc Loughlin S, Rodriguez Granillo G. HDL-C levels and cardiovascular disease: more is not always better!. Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov. 2012;7:121-33 pubmed
- Hirschler V, Maccallini G, Aranda C, Fernando S, Molinari C. Association of vitamin D with glucose levels in indigenous and mixed population Argentinean boys. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:197-201 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found an inverse association between [25(OH)D] and glucose concentration in apparently healthy children. Additional longitudinal studies should be done to confirm these findings. ..
- Ennis I, Aiello E, Cingolani H, Perez N. The autocrine/paracrine loop after myocardial stretch: mineralocorticoid receptor activation. Curr Cardiol Rev. 2013;9:230-40 pubmed..This finding may conceivably provide a mechanistic explanation to the recently discovered strikingly beneficial effects of MR antagonism in humans with cardiac hypertrophy and failure. ..
- Hirschler V, Molinari C, Maccallini G, Sanchez M, Gonzalez C, On Behalf Of San Antonio de Los Cobres Study Group Collaborators Graciela Colque -, et al. Status of Dyslipidemia in Vitamin D Supplemented Argentinean Indigenous Children Versus A Non-supplemented Mixed Population Group. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 2015;13:129-36 pubmed..Indigenous Argentinean children have a higher risk for dyslipidemia in comparison with BA children, even after vitamin D treatment, suggesting that dyslipidemia could be related to diet or ethnic backgrounds. ..
- Rossi E, Duboscq C, Kordich L. [Heparin cofactor II, a thrombin inhibitor with a still not clarified physiologic role]. Medicina (B Aires). 1999;59:95-104 pubmed..HCII thrombin inhibition possibly takes place in extravascular sites where dermatan sulfate is present. HCII activity would be important in the regulation of wound healing, inflammation, or neuronal development. ..
- Souza M, Magnarelli de Potas G, Pechén de D Angelo A. Organophosphorous and organochlorine pesticides affect human placental phosphoinositides metabolism and PI-4 kinase activity. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2004;18:30-6 pubmed..These data demonstrate the sensitivity of human placental PI4-kinase to pesticides currently found in human tissues and suggest deleterious consequences in different processes regulated by 4-phosphoinositides. ..
- Toblli J, Cao G, Rivas C, DeRosa G, Domecq P. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition reduces lipid deposits in myocardium and improves left ventricular function of obese zucker rats. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006;14:1586-95 pubmed..93) and in OZR + AML (r = -0.87). AML reduced blood pressure significantly; however, it failed to modify both metabolic parameters and LDCM. In contrast, R showed a substantial reduction in LDCM, together with LV function preservation. ..
- Bono A, Brunotto M. Amoxicillin/metronidazole or scaling and root planing in the treatment of chronic periodontitis. Acta Odontol Latinoam. 2010;23:196-203 pubmed..this meta-analysis showed absence of statistically significant difference between the effects studied. ..
- Monje P, Boland R. Expression and cellular localization of naturally occurring beta estrogen receptors in uterine and mammary cell lines. J Cell Biochem. 2002;86:136-44 pubmed..Taken as a whole, the results indicate that ER-beta could be expressed as functional estrogen binding proteins among a dominant population of ER-alpha sites in the cell lines under study. ..
- Puricelli L, Proietti C, Proiettii C, Labriola L, Salatino M, Balañá M, et al. Heregulin inhibits proliferation via ERKs and phosphatidyl-inositol 3-kinase activation but regulates urokinase plasminogen activator independently of these pathways in metastatic mammary tumor cells. Int J Cancer. 2002;100:642-53 pubmed
- Fernandez T, Cerdá Zolezzi P, Risco E, Martino V, Lopez P, Clavin M, et al. Immunomodulating properties of Argentine plants with ethnomedicinal use. Phytomedicine. 2002;9:546-52 pubmed..sellowianus (IC50 11.2 and 17.3 microg/ml respectively). Besides, 2 extracts (13%), dichloromethane extract of E. arnottianum and aqueous extract of P. sellowianus, showed moderate inhibition on AP. ..
- Buttaro M, Della Valle A, Morandi A, Sabas M, Pietrani M, Piccaluga F. Insufficiency subchondral fracture of the femoral head: report of 4 cases and review of the literature. J Arthroplasty. 2003;18:377-82 pubmed..The etiology and the natural history of these rare lesions remain to be elucidated. These lesions should be differentiated from osteonecrosis and transient osteoporosis, because treatment and prognosis may differ. ..
- Polo M, de Bravo M. Effect of geraniol on fatty-acid and mevalonate metabolism in the human hepatoma cell line Hep G2. Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;84:102-11 pubmed..Although mevalonate depletion is not responsible for cellular growth, it affects cholesterogenesis, protein prenylation, and fatty-acid metabolism. ..
- Arruvito L, Sanz M, Banham A, Fainboim L. Expansion of CD4+CD25+and FOXP3+ regulatory T cells during the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle: implications for human reproduction. J Immunol. 2007;178:2572-8 pubmed..Additionally, the modulation of Treg numbers we observed in fertile women suggests that the stage of the menstrual cycle should be taken into account when Treg numbers are investigated clinically. ..
- Hurtado de Catalfo G, Ranieri Casilla A, Marra F, de Alaniz M, Marra C. Oxidative stress biomarkers and hormonal profile in human patients undergoing varicocelectomy. Int J Androl. 2007;30:519-30 pubmed..We suggest that oxidative biomarkers may be appropriate in controlling the evolution of post-varicocelectomy patients, and antioxidant supplementation may improve the clinical condition of infertile men with varicocele. ..
- de la Fuente L, Stertzer S, Argentieri J, Peñaloza E, Miano J, Koziner B, et al. Transendocardial autologous bone marrow in chronic myocardial infarction using a helical needle catheter: 1-year follow-up in an open-label, nonrandomized, single-center pilot study (the TABMMI study). Am Heart J. 2007;154:79.e1-7 pubmed..Increased EF and other positive data trends support continued development of this therapeutic strategy in larger controlled trials. ..
- Perez Chada D, Videla A, O Flaherty M, Majul C, Catalini A, Caballer C, et al. Snoring, witnessed sleep apnoeas and pregnancy-induced hypertension. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2007;86:788-92 pubmed..00 (95% CI: 2.71-23.55; p <0.001). Daytime sleepiness was more prevalent in snoring women. Snoring and witnessed sleep apnoeas are independently related to pregnancy-induced hypertensive disease. ..
- Lazarowski A, Czornyj L, Lubienieki F, Girardi E, Vazquez S, D Giano C. ABC transporters during epilepsy and mechanisms underlying multidrug resistance in refractory epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2007;48 Suppl 5:140-9 pubmed..The understanding of properties of these ABC transporters can offer new tools for better selection of more effective preventive or therapeutic strategies and avoid the invasive surgical treatments for RE...
- Fuxman Bass J, Russo D, Gabelloni M, Geffner J, Giordano M, Catalano M, et al. Extracellular DNA: a major proinflammatory component of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms. J Immunol. 2010;184:6386-95 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings support that matrix extracellular DNA is a major proinflammatory component of P. aeruginosa biofilms. ..
- Otero L, Alonso D, Castro M, Cinat G, Gabri M, Gomez D. Tissue factor as a novel marker for detection of circulating cancer cells. Biomarkers. 2011;16:58-64 pubmed publisher..Kaplan-Meier analysis confirmed worse overall survival in patients with high TF load. ..
- Corti M, Villafañe M, Trione N, Risso D, Abuín J, Palmieri O. [Infection due to Strongyloides stercoralis: epidemiological, clinical, diagnosis findings and outcome in 30 patients]. Rev Chilena Infectol. 2011;28:217-22 pubmed publisher..Infection usually remains asymptomatic, but in immunocompromised hosts severe and life-threatening manifestations such as hyperinfection syndrome and disseminated disease might occur...
- Aispuru G, Clavier M, Cardone A, Gilberto D, Barousse A. Thrombotic biomarkers and left ventricle characteristics as short-term predictors of thrombotic events in patients hospitalized for acute decompensated heart failure. Eur J Intern Med. 2012;23:545-51 pubmed publisher..48; p=.0163). Elevated levels of fibrinogen, D-dimer, t-PA and PAI-1 antigens as well as a dilated left ventricle with poor systolic function determined at admission are associated with a significantly high short-term risk of TE. ..
- Alvarez C, Genti Raimondi S, Patrito L, Flury A. Topography of human placental 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-4 isomerase in microsomal membrane. A study using limited proteolysis and immunoblotting. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1207:102-8 pubmed
- Maspero J, Nolte H, Chérrez Ojeda I. Long-term safety of mometasone furoate/formoterol combination for treatment of patients with persistent asthma. J Asthma. 2010;47:1106-15 pubmed publisher..This study was conducted to evaluate the long-term safety of mometasone furoate/formoterol (MF/F) administered through metered-dose inhaler (MDI) in patients with persistent asthma previously on medium- to high-dose ICS...
- Bechara A, Bertolino M, Casabe A, Munarriz R, Goldstein I, Morin A, et al. Duplex Doppler ultrasound assessment of clitoral hemodynamics after topical administration of alprostadil in women with arousal and orgasmic disorders. J Sex Marital Ther. 2003;29 Suppl 1:1-10 pubmed..Further research is needed to establish the diagnostic role of topical vasoactive agents in the hemodynamic evaluation of women with sexual dysfunction. ..
- Quiroga M, Martinez G, Pasquinelli V, Garcia V. [The SLAM-associated protein (SAP) regulates IFN-gamma expression in leprosy]. Medicina (B Aires). 2004;64:436-8 pubmed..This study further suggests that the SLAM/SAP pathway might be a focal point for therapeutic modulation of T cell cytokine responses in diseases characterized by dysfunctional Th2 responses...
- Biasutto S, Caussa L, Criado del Río L. Teaching anatomy: cadavers vs. computers?. Ann Anat. 2006;188:187-90 pubmed..We are demonstrating that the best possibility is the correct association of all these resources to complement one another. ..
- Prieto M, Bacigalupe D, Pardini O, Amalvy J, Venturini C, Morilla M, et al. Nanomolar cationic dendrimeric sulfadiazine as potential antitoxoplasmic agent. Int J Pharm. 2006;326:160-8 pubmed..03 microM. These preliminary results, achieved with nanomolar doses of SDZ-DG4 as unique active principle, point to this complex as a suitable potential candidate for antitoxoplasmic therapy. ..
- Ramos M, Fernandez G, Patey N, Schierloh P, Exeni R, Grimoldi I, et al. Involvement of the fractalkine pathway in the pathogenesis of childhood hemolytic uremic syndrome. Blood. 2007;109:2438-45 pubmed..Finally, CX(3)CR1(+) leukocytes were observed in renal biopsies from patients with HUS. We suggest that the interaction of CX(3)CR1(+) cells with FKN present on activated endothelial cells may contribute to renal injury in HUS. ..
- Palmero D, Ritacco V, Ambroggi M, Poggi S, Güemes Gurtubay J, Alberti F, et al. [Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in AIDS patients at the beginning of the millennium]. Medicina (B Aires). 2006;66:399-404 pubmed..Stronger TB infection control measures are urgently needed in hospitals and jails in order to strengthen the declining trend of the MDRTB observed in our country towards the end of the last decade. ..
- Vasquez D, Estenssoro E, Canales H, Reina R, Saenz M, Das Neves A, et al. Clinical characteristics and outcomes of obstetric patients requiring ICU admission. Chest. 2007;131:718-724 pubmed publisher..To review a series of critically ill obstetric patients admitted to our ICU to assess the spectrum of disease, required interventions, and fetal/maternal mortality, and to identify conditions associated with maternal death...
- Lopez C. [Dimorphism and pathogenesis of Histoplasma capsulatum]. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2006;38:235-42 pubmed..This paper presents an overall view of advances in the investigation of H. capsulatum dimorphic transition and pathogenesis. ..
- Caputo M, Rivolta C, Esperante S, Gruñeiro Papendieck L, Chiesa A, Pellizas C, et al. Congenital hypothyroidism with goitre caused by new mutations in the thyroglobulin gene. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007;67:351-7 pubmed..C164Y/p.L234fsX237 and p.R277X/p.A2215D, and one homozygous mutation, p.R277X, in the TG gene. To our knowledge this is the first report of the presence of a nucleotide insertion mutation in the TG gene. ..
- Negroni R, Arechavala A, Maiolo E, Santiso G, Bianchi M, Gonzalez G, et al. [Clinical cases in Medical Mycology. Case No. 29]. Rev Iberoam Micol. 2007;24:327-9 pubmed
- de Asúa M. The experiments of Ramón M. Termeyer SJ on the electric eel in the River Plate region (c. 1760) and other early accounts of Electrophorus electricus. J Hist Neurosci. 2008;17:160-74 pubmed publisher..1751-1778) in the French Guyanne. It ends by discussing the meaning of Termeyer's 1781 and 1810 articles in the light of contemporary ideas of animal electricity...
- Cecchini D, Ambrosioni J, Brezzo C, Corti M, Rybko A, Perez M, et al. Tuberculous meningitis in HIV-infected and non-infected patients: comparison of cerebrospinal fluid findings. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2009;13:269-71 pubmed..Protein CSF levels were lower in HIV-infected patients, while and glucose concentration was similar in both groups. Hospital mortality was significantly higher in HIV-infected patients (63.3% [64/101] vs. 17.5% [7/40]). ..
- Ferreira N, Yantorno M, Mileo H, Sorgentini M, Esposto A. [Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis associated with Vibrio cholerae non-O1, non-O139 bacteremia]. Rev Chilena Infectol. 2012;29:547-50 pubmed publisher..He was diagnosed with SBP and Vibrio cholerae non-01 non-139 bacteremia. He received antibiotic treatment with third generation cephalosporins for fourteen days with favorable clinical outcome. ..
- Cicuttin G, Nava S. Molecular identification of Rickettsia parkeri infecting Amblyomma triste ticks in an area of Argentina where cases of rickettsiosis were diagnosed. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2013;108:123-5 pubmed..triste ticks has been frequently recorded in some riparian areas of Argentina and Uruguay and new cases of R. parkeri rickettsiosis might arise in the South American localities where humans are exposed to the bites of this tick species...
- Ferri C, Bianchini M, Bengio R, Larripa I. Expression of LYN and PTEN genes in chronic myeloid leukemia and their importance in therapeutic strategy. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2014;52:121-5 pubmed publisher..This ratio could detect cases when resistance is related to altered LYN expression, suggesting that the treatment change to a src kinase inhibitor would be most suitable to overcome resistance. ..
- Mazzitelli L, Adamo H. Hyperactivation of the human plasma membrane Ca2+ pump PMCA h4xb by mutation of Glu99 to Lys. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:10761-8 pubmed publisher..This would be consistent with a recently proposed model of an autoinhibited form of the plant ACA8 pump, although some differences are noted. ..
- Muteshi J, Miller S, Belizan J. The ongoing violence against women: Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting. Reprod Health. 2016;13:44 pubmed publisher..Multiple interventions have been implemented, but the evidence base on what works is lacking. We in reproductive health must work harder to find strategies to help communities and families abandon these harmful practices. ..
- Wainstein D, Sisco P, Deforel M, Irigoyen M, Devoto J, Zarate J. Systematic and Specific Treatment of Patients with Enteroatmospheric Fistulas: From Initial Conservative Treatment to Definitive Surgery. Surg Technol Int. 2016;28:73-81 pubmed..Systematic management of enteroatmospheric fistulas, following a rigorous protocol and a two-step specific treatment, resulted in a practical approach and yielded good results in healing and mortality. ..
- Consolini A, Ragone M, Bonazzola P, Colareda G. Mitochondrial Bioenergetics During Ischemia and Reperfusion. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;982:141-167 pubmed publisher..Our results give evidence about the mitochondrial regulation of both PICR and energetic consumption during stunning, through the Ca2+ movement. ..
- Lopez Labrousse M, Frumovitz M, Guadalupe Patrono M, Ramirez P. Sentinel lymph node mapping in minimally invasive surgery: Role of imaging with color-segmented fluorescence (CSF). Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:676-677 pubmed publisher..Color-segmented fluorescence may increase accuracy of sentinel lymph node identification over standard fluorescent imaging. The following are the supplementary data related to this article. ..
- Lugones I, Biancolini M, Biancolini J, Dios A, Lugones G. Feasibility of Biventricular Repair in Right Dominant Unbalanced Atrioventricular Septal Defect: A New Echocardiographic Metric to Refine Surgical Decision-Making. World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. 2017;8:460-467 pubmed publisher..Our purpose is to describe another metric to refine surgical decision-making...
- Ruggiero H, Maglio F, Pérez Izquierdo F, Val A, Astarloa L, Gonzalez Cambaceres C, et al. [Treatment of neurological forms of Argentinian hemorrhagic fever with cytarabine]. Pathol Biol (Paris). 1987;35:1033-6 pubmed..The mortality was 12.88 per cent compared to 61.40 per cent in untreated patients. (p less than 0.0001). The efficiency of this treatment depends on its early application. No side effect was observed. ..
- Colom A, Teper A. [Postinfectious bronchiolitis obliterans]. Arch Argent Pediatr. 2009;107:160-7 pubmed publisher..This review discusses our current knowledge on the different areas of bronchiolitis obliterans associated to infectious disease. ..
- Molinas F, Kordich L, Porterie P, Lerer G, Maiztegui J. Plasminogen abnormalities in patients with Argentine hemorrhagic fever. Thromb Res. 1987;48:713-20 pubmed..The decreased antigen and reduced functionality of plasminogen in these patients we believe is related to proteolytic degradation by leukocyte enzymes. ..
- Perez C, Rudoy S. Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody treatment of human herpesvirus 8-associated, body cavity-based lymphoma with an unusual phenotype in a human immunodeficiency virus-negative patient. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2001;8:993-6 pubmed..Thirteen months later, the patient continued in clinical remission. This is the first report of an HHV-8-associated BCBL in an HIV-negative patient in Argentina. ..
- Venara M, Rey R, Bergada I, Mendilaharzu H, Campo S, Chemes H. Sertoli cell proliferations of the infantile testis: an intratubular form of Sertoli cell tumor?. Am J Surg Pathol. 2001;25:1237-44 pubmed
- Nawaz M, Wang R, Khan S, Khan A. Detection of galE gene by polymerase chain reaction in campylobacters associated with Guillain-Barre syndrome. Mol Cell Probes. 2003;17:313-7 pubmed..E. coli and Salmonella spp. The entire diagnostic assay, including template preparation, amplification and electrophoresis, can be completed within 6 h. ..
- Barbero P, Ricagni C, Mercado G, Bronberg R, Torrado M. Choanal atresia associated with prenatal methimazole exposure: three new patients. Am J Med Genet A. 2004;129A:83-6 pubmed..At present, propylthiouracil is considered the best treatment in pregnancies. However in Argentina and some other countries MMI is the only antithyroid drug, possibly posing a significant risk to the unborn fetus...
- Marín Briggiler C, Jha K, Chertihin O, Buffone M, Herr J, Vazquez Levin M, et al. Evidence of the presence of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV in human sperm and its involvement in motility regulation. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2013-22 pubmed..This report is the first to demonstrate the presence of CaMKIV in mammalian sperm and suggests the involvement of this kinase in the regulation of human sperm motility. ..
- Rey R, Venara M, Coutant R, Trabut J, Rouleau S, Lahlou N, et al. Unexpected mosaicism of R201H-GNAS1 mutant-bearing cells in the testes underlie macro-orchidism without sexual precocity in McCune-Albright syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3538-43 pubmed..Lack of occurrence of the mutation in Leydig cells may explain why sexual precocity is rarely observed in boys with MAS. ..
- Cricco G, Martin G, Medina V, Nuñez M, Mohamad N, Croci M, et al. Histamine inhibits cell proliferation and modulates the expression of Bcl-2 family proteins via the H2 receptor in human pancreatic cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:4443-50 pubmed..However, HA decreased PCNA and Bax expression, while it increased the Bcl-x level. In summary, the antiproliferative effect exerted by HA was associated with a G0/G1-phase arrest and a modulation of the Bcl-2 family proteins. ..
- Bosia J, D Ascenzo M, Borzi S, Cozzi S, Defelitto J, Curciarello J. [The Dubin-Johnson syndrome: case report and review of literature]. Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam. 2008;38:194-8 pubmed..In conclusion, we confirm the utility of hepatic biopsy with the aid of laparoscopy and oral cholecystography for the diagnosis of the Dubin-Johnson syndrome on the basis of their effectiveness and relative lack of complications. ..
- Peirano M, Bertoni H, Chikiar D, Martínez J, Girella G, Barone H, et al. Size of the proximal neck in AAAs treated with balloon-expandable stent-grafts: CTA findings in mid- to long-term follow-up. J Endovasc Ther. 2009;16:696-707 pubmed publisher..To determine the evolution of the proximal aortic neck diameter in mid- to long-term follow-up after endovascular aneurysm repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) with a balloon-expandable stent-graft...
- Cavaliere V, Papademetrio D, Alvarez E, Blanco G. Haemostatic and immune role of cellular clotting in the sipunculan Themiste petricola. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;339:597-611 pubmed publisher..Thus, the complementary roles between clotting LGLs and non-clotting SGLs and LHAs act a central immune strategy of Themiste petricola to deal with body wall injury and pathogen intrusion into the coelomic cavity. ..
- Valbuena S, Cogswell L, Baraziol R, Valenti P. Rupture of flexor tendon following volar plate of distal radius fracture. Report of five cases. Chir Main. 2010;29:109-13 pubmed publisher..We review the literature and discuss the aetiology of tendon ruptures and techniques to prevent tendon attition...
- Melendi G, Coviello S, Bhat N, Zea Hernandez J, Ferolla F, Polack F. Breastfeeding is associated with the production of type I interferon in infants infected with influenza virus. Acta Paediatr. 2010;99:1517-21 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that breast milk can protect against respiratory viruses by activating innate antiviral mechanisms in the host. ..
- Althabe F, Mazzoni A, Cafferata M, Gibbons L, Karolinski A, Armbruster D, et al. Using Uniject to increase the use of prophylactic oxytocin for management of the third stage of labor in Latin America. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2011;114:184-9 pubmed publisher..If the results shown in the present study were further replicated, this strategy could be an effective method for improving prophylactic oxytocin use in other similar Latin American hospitals. ..
- Gantner M, Di Ianni M, Ruiz M, Talevi A, Bruno Blanch L. Development of conformation independent computational models for the early recognition of breast cancer resistance protein substrates. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:863592 pubmed publisher..5% of overall accuracy in the training and test set, respectively. ..
- Urrets ZavalÃa J, EspÃ³sito E, Garay I, Monti R, Ruiz Lascano A, Correa L, et al. The eye and the skin in nonendocrine metabolic disorders. Clin Dermatol. 2016;34:166-82 pubmed publisher..Distinctive ocular and skin manifestations accompany many metabolic diseases and may provide clues for their diagnosis and evolution. ..
- Bromet E, Nock M, Saha S, Lim C, Aguilar Gaxiola S, Al Hamzawi A, et al. Association Between Psychotic Experiences and Subsequent Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors: A Cross-National Analysis From the World Health Organization World Mental Health Surveys. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017;74:1136-1144 pubmed publisher..However, it is not known if these associations vary across the life course or if mental disorders contribute to these associations...
- Oliva A. Insects of forensic significance in Argentina. Forensic Sci Int. 2001;120:145-54 pubmed..North of parallel 32 degrees S, the Muscid grave-fly Ophyra sp. was found breeding on a corpse outdoors in summer. A division by latitude and climate is proposed for Argentina, and an extended system is proposed for the world. ..
- Abalovich M, Llesuy S, Gutierrez S, Repetto M. Peripheral parameters of oxidative stress in Graves' disease: the effects of methimazole and 131 iodine treatments. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2003;59:321-7 pubmed..We speculate on the benefits of antioxidant therapy administrated together with the habitual treatment of hyperthyroidism, especially in patients after 131I therapy. ..
- Arrossi S, Maceira V, Paolino M, Sankaranarayanan R. Acceptability and uptake of HPV vaccine in Argentina before its inclusion in the immunization program: a population-based survey. Vaccine. 2012;30:2467-74 pubmed publisher..The conclusion is that, in Argentina, the potential acceptability of the vaccine is high, given that there is acceptance among the professional community, physicians recommend it, and vaccine is affordable. ..
- Marazita M, Ogara M, Sonzogni S, Marti M, Dusetti N, Pignataro O, et al. CDK2 and PKA mediated-sequential phosphorylation is critical for p19INK4d function in the DNA damage response. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35638 pubmed publisher..These results constitute the first description of the activation mechanism of p19INK4d in response to genotoxic stress and demonstrate the functional relevance of this activation following DNA damage. ..
- Ferri C, Bianchini M, Icardi G, Belli C, Bengio R, Larripa I. Early detection and quantification of mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of chimerical BCR-ABL1 gene combining high-resolution melting analysis and mutant-allele specific quantitative polymerase chain reaction. Leuk Lymphoma. 2013;54:598-606 pubmed publisher..In cases with lack or loss of molecular response this analysis might be useful for designing early therapeutic strategies. ..