Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on homeodomain proteins in Germany
Topic: homeodomain proteins
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Cole M, Nolte C, Werr W. Nuclear import of the transcription factor SHOOT MERISTEMLESS depends on heterodimerization with BLH proteins expressed in discrete sub-domains of the shoot apical meristem of Arabidopsis thaliana. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:1281-92 pubmed..These results contribute to our understanding of the STM transcription factor function in the SAM and also shed new light on the evolution of the TALE-HD super gene family in animal and plant lineages. ..
- Diehl F, Rossig L, Zeiher A, Dimmeler S, Urbich C. The histone methyltransferase MLL is an upstream regulator of endothelial-cell sprout formation. Blood. 2007;109:1472-8 pubmed..We conclude that MLL regulates endothelial-cell migration via HoxA9 and EphB4, whereas sprout formation requires MLL-dependent signals beyond HoxA9 and HoxD3. ..
- Meyer Marcotty P, Weisschuh N, Dressler P, Hartmann J, Stellzig Eisenhauer A. Morphology of the sella turcica in Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome with PITX2 mutation. J Oral Pathol Med. 2008;37:504-10 pubmed publisher..Genotype and phenotype are heterogeneous and clinical morphology impresses with variable expressivity. Additionally to the typical craniofacial and dental aberrations anomalies in the morphology of sella turcica are discussed...
- Prpic N, Telford M. Expression of homothorax and extradenticle mRNA in the legs of the crustacean Parhyale hawaiensis: evidence for a reversal of gene expression regulation in the pancrustacean lineage. Dev Genes Evol. 2008;218:333-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the reversal of the gene expression regulation of hth and exd occurred in the pancrustacean lineage. ..
- Brill M, Snapyan M, Wohlfrom H, Ninkovic J, Jawerka M, Mastick G, et al. A dlx2- and pax6-dependent transcriptional code for periglomerular neuron specification in the adult olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2008;28:6439-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dlx2 wields a dual function by first instructing generic neurogenesis from adult precursors and subsequently specifying PGN subtypes in conjunction with Pax6. ..
- Maetzel D, Denzel S, Mack B, Canis M, Went P, Benk M, et al. Nuclear signalling by tumour-associated antigen EpCAM. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:162-71 pubmed publisher..In patients, EpICD was found in nuclei of colon carcinoma but not of normal tissue. Nuclear signalling of EpCAM explains how EpCAM functions in cell proliferation. ..
- Riedt T, Ebinger M, Salih H, Tomiuk J, Handgretinger R, Kanz L, et al. Aberrant expression of the homeobox gene CDX2 in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood. 2009;113:4049-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, CDX2 expression levels may serve as a marker for adverse prognosis in pediatric ALL. ..
- Wu G, Gentile L, Fuchikami T, Sutter J, Psathaki K, Esteves T, et al. Initiation of trophectoderm lineage specification in mouse embryos is independent of Cdx2. Development. 2010;137:4159-69 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly demonstrate that neither maternal nor zygotic Cdx2 transcripts direct the initiation of ICM/TE lineage separation. ..
- Schormair B, Plag J, Kaffe M, Gross N, Czamara D, Samtleben W, et al. MEIS1 and BTBD9: genetic association with restless leg syndrome in end stage renal disease. J Med Genet. 2011;48:462-6 pubmed publisher..0013, OR 1.47). This is the first demonstration of a genetic influence on RLS in ESRD patients with BTBD9 being significantly associated. The extent of the genetic predisposition could vary between different subgroups of RLS in ESRD. ..
- Alkatout I, Wiedermann M, Bauer M, Wenners A, Jonat W, Klapper W. Transcription factors associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cells in the tumor centre and margin of invasive breast cancer. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;94:168-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data show that the bio-markers of CSC detect very variable cell populations within breast cancer, challenging the assumption of a hierarchical organization of CSC in these tumors. ..
- Muller M, v Weizsäcker E, Campos Ortega J. Expression domains of a zebrafish homologue of the Drosophila pair-rule gene hairy correspond to primordia of alternating somites. Development. 1996;122:2071-8 pubmed..This expression pattern is highly reminiscent of that of Drosophila pair-rule genes. A possible participation of her1 in functions related to somite formation is discussed. ..
- Lehmann M, Siegmund T, Lintermann K, Korge G. The pipsqueak protein of Drosophila melanogaster binds to GAGA sequences through a novel DNA-binding domain. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28504-9 pubmed..Psq may thus represent the prototype of a new family of DNA-binding proteins...
- Reifers F, Walsh E, Leger S, Stainier D, Brand M. Induction and differentiation of the zebrafish heart requires fibroblast growth factor 8 (fgf8/acerebellar). Development. 2000;127:225-35 pubmed..These findings show that fgf8/acerebellar is required for induction and patterning of myocardial precursors. ..
- Kremser T, Hasenpusch Theil K, Wagner E, Buttgereit D, Renkawitz Pohl R. Expression of the beta3 tubulin gene (beta Tub60D) in the visceral mesoderm of Drosophila is dependent on a complex enhancer that binds Tinman and UBX. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;262:643-58 pubmed..Thus the vm1 enhancer of the beta3 tubulin gene contains a complex array of elements that are involved in transactivation by a combination of tissue- and position-specific factors including Tinman and UBX. ..
- Reamon Buettner S, Borlak J. Somatic NKX2-5 mutations as a novel mechanism of disease in complex congenital heart disease. J Med Genet. 2004;41:684-90 pubmed..Somatic mutations in transcription factor genes of cardiac progenitor cells provide a novel mechanism of disease. ..
- Grunewald T, Kammerer U, Schulze E, Schindler D, Honig A, Zimmer M, et al. Silencing of LASP-1 influences zyxin localization, inhibits proliferation and reduces migration in breast cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:974-82 pubmed..The data provide evidence for an essential role of LASP-1 in tumor cell growth and migration, possibly by influencing the localization of zyxin. ..
- Koebernick K, Kashef J, Pieler T, Wedlich D. Xenopus Teashirt1 regulates posterior identity in brain and cranial neural crest. Dev Biol. 2006;298:312-26 pubmed
- Rawat V, Thoene S, Naidu V, Arseni N, Heilmeier B, Metzeler K, et al. Overexpression of CDX2 perturbs HOX gene expression in murine progenitors depending on its N-terminal domain and is closely correlated with deregulated HOX gene expression in human acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2008;111:309-19 pubmed..They furthermore correlate the level of CDX2 expression with HOX gene expression in human AML and support a potential role of CDX2 in the development of human AML with aberrant Hox gene expression. ..
- Holst M, Maercker C, Pintea B, Masseroli M, Liebig C, Jankowski J, et al. Engrailed-2 regulates genes related to vesicle formation and transport in cerebellar Purkinje cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;38:495-504 pubmed publisher..Engrailed-2 might therefore orchestrate PC survival and process formation as a regulator of subcellular organization. ..
- Tucker M, Hinze A, Tucker E, Takada S, Jurgens G, Laux T. Vascular signalling mediated by ZWILLE potentiates WUSCHEL function during shoot meristem stem cell development in the Arabidopsis embryo. Development. 2008;135:2839-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, WUS-dependent OC signalling to the stem cells is promoted by AGO1 and subsequently maintained by a provascular ZLL-dependent signalling pathway. ..
- Xing X, Burgermeister E, Geisler F, Einwächter H, Fan L, Hiber M, et al. Hematopoietically expressed homeobox is a target gene of farnesoid X receptor in chenodeoxycholic acid-induced liver hypertrophy. Hepatology. 2009;49:979-88 pubmed publisher..HEX/Hex is a novel bile acid-induced FXR/Fxr target gene during adaptation of hepatocytes to chronic bile acid exposure. ..
- Winkler C, Bonifacio E, Grallert H, Henneberger L, Illig T, Ziegler A. BMI at age 8 years is influenced by the type 2 diabetes susceptibility genes HHEX-IDE and CDKAL1. Diabetes. 2010;59:2063-7 pubmed publisher..0001) and children of nondiabetic mothers (P = 0.008). The type 2 diabetes susceptibility alleles at HHEX-IDE and CDKAL1 loci are associated with low BMI at age 8 years in children who were born large for gestational age. ..
- Georges R, Adwan H, Zhivkova M, Eyol E, Bergmann F, Berger M. Regulation of osteopontin and related proteins in rat CC531 colorectal cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:249-56 pubmed..Whereas TGF-beta1 induced over-expression of OPN and Runx2 in hepatocytes, it did not exert the same effect on hepatocytes co-cultured with CC531 cells, indicating that this response was abrogated by CC531 cells. ..
- Ripka S, Riedel J, Neesse A, Griesmann H, Buchholz M, Ellenrieder V, et al. Glutamate receptor GRIA3--target of CUX1 and mediator of tumor progression in pancreatic cancer. Neoplasia. 2010;12:659-67 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report to identify a glutamate receptor as a modulator of tumor progression in a solid cancer outside the brain. ..
- Schönbauer C, Distler J, Jährling N, Radolf M, Dodt H, Frasch M, et al. Spalt mediates an evolutionarily conserved switch to fibrillar muscle fate in insects. Nature. 2011;479:406-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that Spalt proteins switch myofibres from tubular to fibrillar fate during development, a function potentially conserved in the vertebrate heart--a stretch-activated muscle sharing features with insect flight muscle. ..
- Claussnitzer M, Dankel S, Klocke B, Grallert H, Glunk V, Berulava T, et al. Leveraging cross-species transcription factor binding site patterns: from diabetes risk loci to disease mechanisms. Cell. 2014;156:343-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, cross-species conservation analysis at the level of co-occurring TFBS provides a valuable contribution to the translation of genetic association signals to disease-related molecular mechanisms. ..
- Eggers J, Martino V, Reinbold R, SchÃ¤fer S, Kiesel L, Starzinski Powitz A, et al. microRNA miR-200b affects proliferation, invasiveness and stemness of endometriotic cells by targeting ZEB1, ZEB2 and KLF4. Reprod Biomed Online. 2016;32:434-45 pubmed publisher..05) and require attention when considering therapeutic strategies. In conclusion, up-regulation of miR-200b reverts EMT, emerging as a potential therapeutic approach to inhibit endometriotic cell motility and invasiveness. ..
- Borgal L, Rinschen M, Dafinger C, Liebrecht V, Abken H, Benzing T, et al. Jade-1S phosphorylation induced by CK1α contributes to cell cycle progression. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:1034-45 pubmed publisher..As Jade-1S protein expression in the kidney is altered upon renal injury, this could contribute to understanding mechanisms underlying epithelial injury repair. ..
- Feldmann G, Nattermann J, Nischalke H, Gorschlüter M, Kuntzen T, Ahlenstiel G, et al. Detection of human aspartyl (asparaginyl) beta-hydroxylase and homeobox B7 mRNA in brush cytology specimens from patients with bile duct cancer. Endoscopy. 2006;38:604-9 pubmed..Detection of these markers using the RT-PCR assays from brush cytology specimens described here may prove to be a useful additional tool for the diagnosis of bile duct carcinoma. ..
- Bungenberg J, Surano N, Grote A, Surges R, Pernhorst K, Hofmann A, et al. Gene expression variance in hippocampal tissue of temporal lobe epilepsy patients corresponds to differential memory performance. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;86:121-30 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest aberrant transcriptional signaling to significantly impact synaptic dynamics in TLE resulting in impaired memory performance and may serve as basis for future therapy development of this severe comorbidity. ..
- Tiemann U, Wu G, Marthaler A, SchÃ¶ler H, Tapia N. Epigenetic Aberrations Are Not Specific to Transcription Factor-Mediated Reprogramming. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:35-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study demonstrates that the epigenetic abnormalities detected in iPSCs are not specific to transcription factor-mediated reprogramming. ..
- Lauber J, Fabrizio P, Teigelkamp S, Lane W, Hartmann E, Luhrmann R. The HeLa 200 kDa U5 snRNP-specific protein and its homologue in Saccharomyces cerevisiae are members of the DEXH-box protein family of putative RNA helicases. EMBO J. 1996;15:4001-15 pubmed..We propose that U5-200kD and Snu246p promote one or more conformational changes in the dynamic network of RNA-RNA interactions in the spliceosome. ..
- Rust W, Stedronsky K, Tillmann G, Morley S, Walther N, Ivell R. The role of SF-1/Ad4BP in the control of the bovine gene for the steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein. J Mol Endocrinol. 1998;21:189-200 pubmed
- Mansouri A, Voss A, Thomas T, Yokota Y, Gruss P. Uncx4.1 is required for the formation of the pedicles and proximal ribs and acts upstream of Pax9. Development. 2000;127:2251-8 pubmed..1 upstream of Pax9 in the caudolateral sclerotome. Our results further indicate that Uncx4.1 may be involved in the differential cell adhesion properties of the somite. ..
- Barbulescu K, Geserick C, Schüttke I, Schleuning W, Haendler B. New androgen response elements in the murine pem promoter mediate selective transactivation. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:1803-16 pubmed..Thus, the existence of several classes of DNA response elements might be an essential feature of differential androgen regulation. ..
- Frank M, Guivarc h A, Krupková E, Lorenz Meyer I, Chriqui D, Schmülling T. Tumorous shoot development (TSD) genes are required for co-ordinated plant shoot development. Plant J. 2002;29:73-85 pubmed..We hypothesize that the TSD gene products negatively regulate cytokinin-dependent meristematic activity during vegetative development of Arabidopsis. ..
- Butt E, Gambaryan S, Göttfert N, Galler A, Marcus K, Meyer H. Actin binding of human LIM and SH3 protein is regulated by cGMP- and cAMP-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation on serine 146. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15601-7 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that phosphorylation of LASP by cGK and cAK may be involved in cytoskeletal organization and cell motility. ..
- Linke B, Nothnagel T, B rner T. Flower development in carrot CMS plants: mitochondria affect the expression of MADS box genes homologous to GLOBOSA and DEFICIENS. Plant J. 2003;34:27-37 pubmed..Our data strongly suggest that the 'carpeloid' CMS phenotype is caused by a cytoplasmic (mitochondrial) effect on the expression of two MADS box factors specifying organ development at whorls 2 and 3 of carrot flowers...
- Scherer M, Heimel K, Starke V, Kämper J. The Clp1 protein is required for clamp formation and pathogenic development of Ustilago maydis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2388-401 pubmed..We speculate that the Clp1 protein inhibits the activity of the bE/bW heterodimer to facilitate the cell cycle progression during hyphal growth. ..
- Kaifi J, Wagner M, Schurr P, Wachowiak R, Reichelt U, Yekebas E, et al. Allelic loss of Hox11L1 gene locus predicts outcome of gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:915-9 pubmed..05 by log-rank test; median follow-up time 37 months). LOH of Hox11L1 gene locus is a useful parameter for prognosis of GIST. The data propose that Hox11L1 has a role in tumorigenesis in GISTs. ..
- Pogoda H, Hammerschmidt M. Molecular genetics of pituitary development in zebrafish. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2007;18:543-58 pubmed..Finally, we discuss future directions, with particular focus on evolutionary aspects, and some novel functional aspects with growing medical and social relevance. ..
- Krätzner R, Fröhlich F, Lepler K, Schröder M, Röher K, Dickel C, et al. A peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-retinoid X receptor heterodimer physically interacts with the transcriptional activator PAX6 to inhibit glucagon gene transcription. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;73:509-17 pubmed..These data define PAX6 as a novel physical target of PPARgamma-RXR. ..
- Maier A, Stehling Sun S, Wollmann H, Demar M, Hong R, Haubeiss S, et al. Dual roles of the bZIP transcription factor PERIANTHIA in the control of floral architecture and homeotic gene expression. Development. 2009;136:1613-20 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that PAN expression persists in ag mutant flowers, suggesting that PAN and AG are engaged in a negative-feedback loop, which might be mediated by the stem-cell-inducing transcription factor WUSCHEL (WUS). ..
- Seibert J, Urbach R. Role of en and novel interactions between msh, ind, and vnd in dorsoventral patterning of the Drosophila brain and ventral nerve cord. Dev Biol. 2010;346:332-45 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that input from the anteroposterior patterning system is needed for the spatially restricted expression of DV genes in the brain and ventral nerve cord. ..
- Tsarovina K, Reiff T, Stubbusch J, Kurek D, Grosveld F, Parlato R, et al. The Gata3 transcription factor is required for the survival of embryonic and adult sympathetic neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:10833-43 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Gata3 is continuously required for maintaining survival but not differentiation in the sympathetic neuron lineage up to mature neurons of adult animals. ..
- Walcher T, Xie Q, Sun J, Irmler M, Beckers J, Oztürk T, et al. Functional dissection of the paired domain of Pax6 reveals molecular mechanisms of coordinating neurogenesis and proliferation. Development. 2013;140:1123-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, Pax6 achieves its key roles in the developing forebrain by utilizing particular subdomains to coordinate patterning, neurogenesis and proliferation simultaneously. ..
- Puk O, Yan X, Sabrautzki S, Fuchs H, Gailus Durner V, Hrabe de Angelis M, et al. Novel small-eye allele in paired box gene 6 (Pax6) is caused by a point mutation in intron 7 and creates a new exon. Mol Vis. 2013;19:877-84 pubmed..Moreover, this particular mutation demonstrates how a novel exon can be created by only a single base-pair exchange. ..
- El Sherif E, Lynch J, Brown S. Comparisons of the embryonic development of Drosophila, Nasonia, and Tribolium. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol. 2012;1:16-39 pubmed publisher..Tribolium, on the other hand, relies heavily on self-regulatory mechanisms other than maternal cues, reflecting its sequential nature of segmentation and the need for reiterated patterning. ..
- Hoffmann S, Clauss S, Berger I, Weis B, Montalbano A, Röth R, et al. Coding and non-coding variants in the SHOX2 gene in patients with early-onset atrial fibrillation. Basic Res Cardiol. 2016;111:36 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate significantly reduced SHOX2 expression levels in right atrial appendages of AF patients compared to patients with sinus rhythm. Together, these results suggest a genetic contribution of SHOX2 in early-onset AF. ..
- Sailer V, Holmes E, Gevensleben H, Goltz D, Dröge F, Franzen A, et al. PITX3 DNA methylation is an independent predictor of overall survival in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Epigenetics. 2017;9:12 pubmed publisher..i>PITX3 DNA methylation is an independent prognostic biomarker for overall survival in patients with HNSCC and might aid in the process of risk stratification for individualized treatment. ..
- Zwilling S, Konig H, Wirth T. High mobility group protein 2 functionally interacts with the POU domains of octamer transcription factors. EMBO J. 1995;14:1198-208 pubmed..These results suggest that one of the functions of HMG2 is to support the octamer transcription factors in their role as transcriptional activators. ..
- Lenz O, Schwartz E, Dernedde J, Eitinger M, Friedrich B. The Alcaligenes eutrophus H16 hoxX gene participates in hydrogenase regulation. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:4385-93 pubmed..These results suggest that the newly identified gene, designated hoxX, encodes a regulatory component which, in conjunction with the transcriptional activator HoxA, controls hydrogenase synthesis...
- Hollemann T, Bellefroid E, Pieler T. The Xenopus homologue of the Drosophila gene tailless has a function in early eye development. Development. 1998;125:2425-32 pubmed..These findings suggest that Xtll serves an important regulatory function in the earliest phases of vertebrate eye development. ..
- Hollnagel A, Oehlmann V, Heymer J, Ruther U, Nordheim A. Id genes are direct targets of bone morphogenetic protein induction in embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19838-45 pubmed..We therefore propose that the Msx and Id genes are direct target genes of embryonic BMP4 signaling in vivo. ..
- Kohlhase J, Hausmann S, Stojmenovic G, Dixkens C, Bink K, Schulz Schaeffer W, et al. SALL3, a new member of the human spalt-like gene family, maps to 18q23. Genomics. 1999;62:216-22 pubmed..The chromosomal localization of SALL3 at 18q23 suggests that haploinsufficiency of this gene might contribute to the phenotype of patients with 18q deletion syndrome. ..
- Voss A, Thomas T, Gruss P. Mice lacking HSP90beta fail to develop a placental labyrinth. Development. 2000;127:1-11 pubmed..The allantois mesoderm is thought to induce trophoblast differentiation. Our results show that Hsp90beta is a necessary component of this induction process. ..
- Chapouton P, Schuurmans C, Guillemot F, Gotz M. The transcription factor neurogenin 2 restricts cell migration from the cortex to the striatum. Development. 2001;128:5149-59 pubmed..Taken together, these results show that distinct cues located in the cortico-striatal boundary restrict cells in the dorsal and ventral telencephalon. ..
- Prpic N, Janssen R, Wigand B, Klingler M, Damen W. Gene expression in spider appendages reveals reversal of exd/hth spatial specificity, altered leg gap gene dynamics, and suggests divergent distal morphogen signaling. Dev Biol. 2003;264:119-40 pubmed..Thus, the leg developmental system exhibits a propensity to evolutionary change, which probably forms the basis for the impressive diversity of arthropod leg morphologies. ..
- Hack M, Sugimori M, Lundberg C, Nakafuku M, Gotz M. Regionalization and fate specification in neurospheres: the role of Olig2 and Pax6. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;25:664-78 pubmed..Thus, a pathway combining transcription factors of dorsal and ventral regions is activated in the neurosphere culture model. ..
- Ju M, Aroca P, Luo J, Puelles L, Redies C. Molecular profiling indicates avian branchiomotor nuclei invade the hindbrain alar plate. Neuroscience. 2004;128:785-96 pubmed..Consequently, the century-old concept that all primary motor neurons come to reside in the basal plate should be revised. ..
- Schneider K, Marchini A, Sabherwal N, Röth R, Niesler B, Marttila T, et al. Alteration of DNA binding, dimerization, and nuclear translocation of SHOX homeodomain mutations identified in idiopathic short stature and Leri-Weill dyschondrosteosis. Hum Mutat. 2005;26:44-52 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrate that single missense mutations in the homeodomain fundamentally impair SHOX key functions, thereby leading to the phenotype observed in patients with LWD and ISS. ..
- Karcher C, Fischer A, Schweickert A, Bitzer E, Horie S, Witzgall R, et al. Lack of a laterality phenotype in Pkd1 knock-out embryos correlates with absence of polycystin-1 in nodal cilia. Differentiation. 2005;73:425-32 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a PC1-independent function of PC2 in left-right axis formation, and indirectly support a ciliary role of PC2 in this process...
- Dudas J, Elmaouhoub A, Mansuroglu T, Batusic D, Tron K, Saile B, et al. Prospero-related homeobox 1 (Prox1) is a stable hepatocyte marker during liver development, injury and regeneration, and is absent from "oval cells". Histochem Cell Biol. 2006;126:549-62 pubmed..However, a few Prox1(+)/CK19(+) and a few Prox1(+)/CK7(+ )cells were identified in the liver of AAF/PH-animals, which may represent precursors of hepatocytes, or a precancerous state. ..
- Holm P, Mader M, Haubst N, Wizenmann A, Sigvardsson M, Gotz M. Loss- and gain-of-function analyses reveal targets of Pax6 in the developing mouse telencephalon. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;34:99-119 pubmed..Most intriguingly, this analysis revealed time- and region-specific differences in Pax6-mediated transcription, explaining the specific function of Pax6 at early and later stages of neurogenesis. ..
- Takada S, Jurgens G. Transcriptional regulation of epidermal cell fate in the Arabidopsis embryo. Development. 2007;134:1141-50 pubmed..Our results suggest that expression patterns associated with cell fate determination in the plant embryo result from positional signals targeting different regulatory sequences in complex promoters. ..
- Linder B, Mentele E, Mansperger K, Straub T, Kremmer E, Rupp R. CHD4/Mi-2beta activity is required for the positioning of the mesoderm/neuroectoderm boundary in Xenopus. Genes Dev. 2007;21:973-83 pubmed..The CHD4/Sip1 epistasis thus constitutes a regulatory module, which balances mesoderm and neuroectoderm formation. ..
- Martin B, Kleiber K, Wixler V, Raab M, Zimmer B, Kaufmann M, et al. FHL2 regulates cell cycle-dependent and doxorubicin-induced p21Cip1/Waf1 expression in breast cancer cells. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:1779-88 pubmed
- Beckers A, Alten L, Viebahn C, Andre P, Gossler A. The mouse homeobox gene Noto regulates node morphogenesis, notochordal ciliogenesis, and left right patterning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15765-70 pubmed..Our results establish Noto as an essential regulator of node morphogenesis and ciliogenesis in the posterior notochord, and suggest Noto acts upstream of Foxj1 and Rfx3...
- Jakobsen J, Braun M, Astorga J, Gustafson E, Sandmann T, Karzynski M, et al. Temporal ChIP-on-chip reveals Biniou as a universal regulator of the visceral muscle transcriptional network. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2448-60 pubmed..The regulatory connection of a number of Biniou target genes is conserved in mice, suggesting an ancient wiring of this developmental program. ..
- Blum W, Cao D, Hesse V, Fricke Otto S, Ross J, Jones C, et al. Height gains in response to growth hormone treatment to final height are similar in patients with SHOX deficiency and Turner syndrome. Horm Res. 2009;71:167-72 pubmed publisher..1 +/- 0.7; TS, 1.2 +/- 0.8; p < 0.001); however, it was not significantly different between groups (p = 0.708). Patients with SHOX deficiency receive similar final height benefit from GH treatment to those with TS. ..
- Khromov T, Pantakani D, Nolte J, Wolf M, Dressel R, Engel W, et al. Global and gene-specific histone modification profiles of mouse multipotent adult germline stem cells. Mol Hum Reprod. 2011;17:166-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that maGSCs also closely resemble ESCs with regard to their chromatin state and further evidence their pluripotent nature...
- Götte M, Greve B, Kelsch R, Müller Uthoff H, Weiss K, Kharabi Masouleh B, et al. The adult stem cell marker Musashi-1 modulates endometrial carcinoma cell cycle progression and apoptosis via Notch-1 and p21WAF1/CIP1. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:2042-9 pubmed publisher..Musashi-1 modulates endometrial carcinoma cell cycle progression and apoptosis via the stemness-related factors Notch-1, Hes-1 and p21(WAF1/CIP1) , thus emerging as a novel future target for endometrial carcinoma therapy. ..
- Wahl V, Brand L, Guo Y, Schmid M. The FANTASTIC FOUR proteins influence shoot meristem size in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:285 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the FAF genes form a plant specific gene family, the members of which have the potential to regulate the size of the shoot meristem by modulating the CLV3-WUS feedback loop. ..
- Kirchhof P, Kahr P, Kaese S, Piccini I, Vokshi I, Scheld H, et al. PITX2c is expressed in the adult left atrium, and reducing Pitx2c expression promotes atrial fibrillation inducibility and complex changes in gene expression. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2011;4:123-33 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a physiological role for PITX2 in the adult heart and support the hypothesis that dysregulation of PITX2 expression can be responsible for susceptibility to AF. ..
- Mueller J, Koch I, Lomniczi A, Loche A, Rulfs T, Castellano J, et al. Transcription of the human EAP1 gene is regulated by upstream components of a puberty-controlling Tumor Suppressor Gene network. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;351:184-98 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine if the occupancy of the EAP1 promoter by these regulatory factors changes at the time of puberty. ..
- Knauer S, Holt A, Rubio Somoza I, Tucker E, Hinze A, Pisch M, et al. A protodermal miR394 signal defines a region of stem cell competence in the Arabidopsis shoot meristem. Dev Cell. 2013;24:125-32 pubmed publisher..Although the constituent cells change, the surface layer provides a stable point of reference in the self-organizing meristem...
- Agoston Z, Heine P, Brill M, Grebbin B, Hau A, Kallenborn Gerhardt W, et al. Meis2 is a Pax6 co-factor in neurogenesis and dopaminergic periglomerular fate specification in the adult olfactory bulb. Development. 2014;141:28-38 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that Meis2 cooperates with Pax6 in generic neurogenesis and dopaminergic fate specification in the adult SVZ-OB system. ..
- Himmelbach A, Hoffmann T, Leube M, Höhener B, Grill E. Homeodomain protein ATHB6 is a target of the protein phosphatase ABI1 and regulates hormone responses in Arabidopsis. EMBO J. 2002;21:3029-38 pubmed..Thus, the homeodomain protein ATHB6 seems to represent a negative regulator of the ABA signal pathway and to act downstream of ABI1. ..
- Panfilio K. Late extraembryonic morphogenesis and its zen(RNAi)-induced failure in the milkweed bug Oncopeltus fasciatus. Dev Biol. 2009;333:297-311 pubmed publisher..Overall, Oncopeltus zen seems to have a role in coordinating a number of pre-katatreptic events during mid embryogenesis. ..
- Ashery Padan R, Marquardt T, Zhou X, Gruss P. Pax6 activity in the lens primordium is required for lens formation and for correct placement of a single retina in the eye. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2701-11 pubmed
- Haubst N, Berger J, Radjendirane V, Graw J, Favor J, Saunders G, et al. Molecular dissection of Pax6 function: the specific roles of the paired domain and homeodomain in brain development. Development. 2004;131:6131-40 pubmed..These results therefore demonstrate a key role of the PD in brain development and implicate splicing as a pivotal factor regulating the potent neurogenic role of Pax6. ..
- Grandel H, Draper B, Schulte Merker S. dackel acts in the ectoderm of the zebrafish pectoral fin bud to maintain AER signaling. Development. 2000;127:4169-78 pubmed..This result uncovers a new interaction between the AER and the dorsoventral organizer in the zebrafish pectoral fin bud. ..
- Lickert H, Kutsch S, Kanzler B, Tamai Y, Taketo M, Kemler R. Formation of multiple hearts in mice following deletion of beta-catenin in the embryonic endoderm. Dev Cell. 2002;3:171-81 pubmed..We provide evidence that ablation of beta-catenin in embryonic endoderm changes cell fate from endoderm to precardiac mesoderm, consistent with the existence of bipotential mesendodermal progenitors in mouse embryos. ..
- Borgal L, Habbig S, Hatzold J, Liebau M, Dafinger C, Sacarea I, et al. The ciliary protein nephrocystin-4 translocates the canonical Wnt regulator Jade-1 to the nucleus to negatively regulate ?-catenin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:25370-80 pubmed publisher..Loss of this repressor function in nephronophthisis might be an important factor promoting Wnt activation and contributing to cyst formation. ..
- Baumer N, Marquardt T, Stoykova A, Ashery Padan R, Chowdhury K, Gruss P. Pax6 is required for establishing naso-temporal and dorsal characteristics of the optic vesicle. Development. 2002;129:4535-45 pubmed..We found that Pax6 activity is required for the establishment, as well as the maintenance of dorsal and nasotemporal characteristics in the optic vesicle and, later, the optic cup. ..
- Wullimann M. Secondary neurogenesis and telencephalic organization in zebrafish and mice: a brief review. Integr Zool. 2009;4:123-133 pubmed publisher..This period is highly advantageous for molecular neuroanatomical cross-species comparisons. ..
- Franke A, Balschun T, Karlsen T, Hedderich J, May S, Lu T, et al. Replication of signals from recent studies of Crohn's disease identifies previously unknown disease loci for ulcerative colitis. Nat Genet. 2008;40:713-5 pubmed publisher..Among these loci, we identified variants in 3p21.31, NKX2-3 and CCNY as susceptibility factors for both diseases, whereas variants in PTPN2, HERC2 and STAT3 were associated only with ulcerative colitis in our sample collection. ..
- Hecht A, Stemmler M. Identification of a promoter-specific transcriptional activation domain at the C terminus of the Wnt effector protein T-cell factor 4. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3776-85 pubmed..Apparently, the C terminus of TCF4E cooperates with beta-catenin and p300 to form a specialized transcription factor complex that specifically supports the activation of the Cdx1 promoter. ..