Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on histones in United States
Locale: United States
Publications549 found, 100 shown here
- Flynn F, Jensen D, Thakar A, Xu X, Flynn S, Zhang Z. Neurokinin 3 receptor forms a complex with acetylated histone H3 and H4 in hypothalamic neurons following hyperosmotic challenge. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2011;301:R822-31 pubmed publisher..In response to hyperosmolarity, NK3R is transported to the nucleus of PVN neurons and associates with transcriptionally active chromatin, where it may influence the transcription of genes. ..
- Taslim C, Chen Z, Huang K, Huang T, Wang Q, Lin S. Integrated analysis identifies a class of androgen-responsive genes regulated by short combinatorial long-range mechanism facilitated by CTCF. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4754-64 pubmed publisher..Under such a mechanism, H3K4me2, AR and FoxA1 within the same CTCF block combinatorially regulate a subset of distally located androgen-responsive genes involved in prostate carcinogenesis. ..
- Thakar A, Sylar E, Flynn F. Activation of tachykinin, neurokinin 3 receptors affects chromatin structure and gene expression by means of histone acetylation. Peptides. 2012;38:282-90 pubmed publisher..Activation of the NK3R appears to recruit multiple pathways, including acetylation, and possibly histone deactylases, histone methylases, or DNA methylases to affect chromatin structure and gene expression. ..
- Sharma U, Stefanova D, Holmes S. Histone variant H2A.Z functions in sister chromatid cohesion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3473-81 pubmed publisher..Z not subject to acetylation. Finally, inactivation of H2A.Z in metaphase-blocked cells led immediately to cohesion defects, suggesting a direct role for H2A.Z in the maintenance of sister chromatid cohesion. ..
- McGinty R, Henrici R, Tan S. Crystal structure of the PRC1 ubiquitylation module bound to the nucleosome. Nature. 2014;514:591-6 pubmed publisher..Our structure further reveals an unexpected role for the ubiquitin E2 enzyme in substrate recognition, and provides insight into how the related histone H2A E3 ligase, BRCA1, interacts with and ubiquitylates the nucleosome. ..
- Malay M, Paulay G. Peripatric speciation drives diversification and distributional pattern of reef hermit crabs (Decapoda: Diogenidae: Calcinus). Evolution. 2010;64:634-62 pubmed publisher..quot; Calcinus speciation patterns do not match well-worn models put forth to explain the origin of Indo-West Pacific diversity, but underscore the complexity of marine diversification...
- Zhang Z, Pugh B. Genomic organization of H2Av containing nucleosomes in Drosophila heterochromatin. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20511 pubmed publisher..Our analyses suggest that nucleosomes are intrinsically positioned on inverted repeats of DNA transposable elements such as those related to the "1360" element, but are not intrinsically positioned on retrotransposon-related elements. ..
- Lee M, Mabb A, GILL G, Yeh E, Miyamoto S. NF-?B induction of the SUMO protease SENP2: A negative feedback loop to attenuate cell survival response to genotoxic stress. Mol Cell. 2011;43:180-91 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes a self-attenuating feedback mechanism selective to DNA damage-induced signaling to limit NF-?B-dependent cell survival responses. ..
- Ji Z, Luo W, Li W, Hoque M, Pan Z, Zhao Y, et al. Transcriptional activity regulates alternative cleavage and polyadenylation. Mol Syst Biol. 2011;7:534 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that polyA site usage is generally coupled to transcriptional activity, leading to regulation of alternative polyadenylation by transcription. ..
- Cho Y, He Z, Zhang Y, Choi H, Zhu F, Choi B, et al. The p53 protein is a novel substrate of ribosomal S6 kinase 2 and a critical intermediary for ribosomal S6 kinase 2 and histone H3 interaction. Cancer Res. 2005;65:3596-603 pubmed..The RSK2-p53-histone H3 complex may likely contribute to chromatin remodeling and cell cycle regulation. ..
- DeJong J. Basic mechanisms for the control of germ cell gene expression. Gene. 2006;366:39-50 pubmed..This article will review recent advances in our understanding of the factors and mechanisms that control transcription in ovary and testis and will discuss models for germ cell gene expression. ..
- Palmer J, Perrin R, Dagenais T, Keller N. H3K9 methylation regulates growth and development in Aspergillus fumigatus. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:2052-60 pubmed publisher..Sensitivity of DeltaAfclrD to 6-azauracil suggests that ClrD influences transcriptional processing in A. fumigatus. Despite growth abnormalities, macrophage assays suggest ClrD may be dispensable for host interactions...
- Ransom M, Williams S, Dechassa M, Das C, Linger J, Adkins M, et al. FACT and the proteasome promote promoter chromatin disassembly and transcriptional initiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23461-71 pubmed publisher..Finally, we rule out the possibility that the proteasome or ATPase cap is driving chromatin disassembly via a potential ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling activity. ..
- Pattenden S, Gogol M, Workman J. Features of cryptic promoters and their varied reliance on bromodomain-containing factors. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12927 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data indicate that cryptic promoters are independently regulated, and their activation is dependent on factors that govern gene activation at canonical promoters. ..
- Weber C, Henikoff J, Henikoff S. H2A.Z nucleosomes enriched over active genes are homotypic. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1500-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that H2A.Z enrichment patterns result from intrinsic structural differences between heterotypic and homotypic H2A.Z nucleosomes that follow disruption during transcriptional elongation. ..
- Musselman C, Lalonde M, Cote J, Kutateladze T. Perceiving the epigenetic landscape through histone readers. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1218-27 pubmed publisher..In this review, we highlight the latest advances in characterizing histone-binding mechanisms and identifying new epigenetic readers and summarize the functional significance of PTM recognition. ..
- Musselman C, Gibson M, Hartwick E, North J, Gatchalian J, Poirier M, et al. Binding of PHF1 Tudor to H3K36me3 enhances nucleosome accessibility. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2969 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a mechanistic explanation for the consequence of reading of the active mark H3K36me3 by the PHF1 Tudor domain. ..
- Fritz A, Ghule P, Boyd J, Tye C, Page N, Hong D, et al. Intranuclear and higher-order chromatin organization of the major histone gene cluster in breast cancer. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:1278-1290 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel insight into the connection between the higher-order chromatin organization of the major HLB and its regulation during breast cancer progression. ..
- Challoner P, Moss S, Groudine M. Expression of replication-dependent histone genes in avian spermatids involves an alternate pathway of mRNA 3'-end formation. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:902-13 pubmed
- Ward I, Minn K, Jorda K, Chen J. Accumulation of checkpoint protein 53BP1 at DNA breaks involves its binding to phosphorylated histone H2AX. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19579-82 pubmed..Thus, these two damage-induced events, hyperphosphorylation and relocalization of 53BP1, occur independently in the cell. ..
- Adkins M, Tyler J. The histone chaperone Asf1p mediates global chromatin disassembly in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52069-74 pubmed..These data indicate that Asf1p may have a global role in chromatin disassembly and an unexpected role in histone acetylation in vivo. ..
- Huang W, Batra S, Atkins B, Mishra V, Mehta K. Increases in intracellular calcium dephosphorylate histone H3 at serine 10 in human hepatoma cells: potential role of protein phosphatase 2A-protein kinase CbetaII complex. J Cell Physiol. 2005;205:37-46 pubmed
- Herren T, Burke T, Das R, Plow E. Identification of histone H2B as a regulated plasminogen receptor. Biochemistry. 2006;45:9463-74 pubmed..Thus, histone H2B represents a regulated plasminogen receptor, which contributes significantly to the plasminogen binding capacity of cells. ..
- Rossetti S, Hoogeveen A, Liang P, Stanciu C, van der Spek P, Sacchi N. A distinct epigenetic signature at targets of a leukemia protein. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:38 pubmed..These findings strengthen the conclusion that leukemia-specific oncoproteins can induce non-random epigenetic changes. ..
- Skalsky R, Hu J, Renne R. Analysis of viral cis elements conferring Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus episome partitioning and maintenance. J Virol. 2007;81:9825-37 pubmed..Our data suggest that the efficiency with which KSHV establishes latency is dependent on multiple LANA activities, which stabilize viral genomes early after de novo infection. ..
- Pei H, Zhang L, Luo K, Qin Y, Chesi M, Fei F, et al. MMSET regulates histone H4K20 methylation and 53BP1 accumulation at DNA damage sites. Nature. 2011;470:124-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that a pathway involving ?H2AX-MDC1-MMSET regulates the induction of H4K20 methylation on histones around DSBs, which, in turn, facilitates 53BP1 recruitment. ..
- Davis W, Bjorklund C, Deline M. Probing the effects of DNA-protein interactions on DNA hole transport: the N-terminal histone tails modulate the distribution of oxidative damage and chemical lesions in the nucleosome core particle. Biochemistry. 2012;51:3129-42 pubmed publisher..Further, these results suggest that the oxidative damage arising from DNA HT may vary in different genomic regions depending on the presence of either euchromatin or heterochromatin. ..
- Belgrader P, Siegel A, Berezney R. A comprehensive study on the isolation and characterization of the HeLa S3 nuclear matrix. J Cell Sci. 1991;98 ( Pt 3):281-91 pubmed
- Oberley M, Inman D, Farnham P. E2F6 negatively regulates BRCA1 in human cancer cells without methylation of histone H3 on lysine 9. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:42466-76 pubmed..In summary, we have identified 48 endogenous target genes of E2F6 and have shown that E2F6 can repress target promoters in a manner that does not require histone H3 methylation at lysine 9. ..
- Wu J, Wang S, Potter D, Liu J, Smith L, Wu Y, et al. Diverse histone modifications on histone 3 lysine 9 and their relation to DNA methylation in specifying gene silencing. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:131 pubmed..Meanwhile, a combination of epigenomic tools is of help in understanding the heterogeneity of epigenetic regulation, which may further our vision accumulated from single-gene studies. ..
- McAlister G, Berggren W, Griep Raming J, Horning S, Makarov A, Phanstiel D, et al. A proteomics grade electron transfer dissociation-enabled hybrid linear ion trap-orbitrap mass spectrometer. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:3127-36 pubmed publisher..From these experiments, we conclude the ETD-enabled orbitrap will provide the proteomic field with several new opportunities and represents an advance in protein sequence analysis technologies. ..
- McCabe K, Hemphill A, Akkari Y, Jakobs P, Pauw D, Olson S, et al. ERCC1 is required for FANCD2 focus formation. Mol Genet Metab. 2008;95:66-73 pubmed publisher..Our results support a role for ERCC1 after creation of a double strand break for full activation of the Fanconi anemia pathway. ..
- Schneider M, Ulland M, Sloboda R. A protein methylation pathway in Chlamydomonas flagella is active during flagellar resorption. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4319-27 pubmed publisher..Because most cells resorb cilia/flagella before cell division, these data indicate a link between flagellar protein methylation and progression through the cell cycle. ..
- Adkins N, McBryant S, Johnson C, Leidy J, Woodcock C, Robert C, et al. Role of nucleic acid binding in Sir3p-dependent interactions with chromatin fibers. Biochemistry. 2009;48:276-88 pubmed publisher..The initial step appears to be rapidly followed by the spreading of silencing using linker DNA as a track. ..
- Cole H, Tabor Godwin J, Hayes J. Uracil DNA glycosylase activity on nucleosomal DNA depends on rotational orientation of targets. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2876-85 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that some sites within the nucleosome core and the extra-core (linker) DNA regions represent hot spots for repair that could influence critical biological processes. ..
- McGee J, Phillips J, Chan A, Sabourin M, Paeschke K, Zakian V. Reduced Rif2 and lack of Mec1 target short telomeres for elongation rather than double-strand break repair. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1438-45 pubmed publisher..Binding of replication protein A was also much lower at short telomeres. The absence of Mec1 at short telomeres could explain why they do not trigger a checkpoint-mediated cell-cycle arrest. ..
- Chetty C, Dontula R, Gujrati M, Dinh D, Lakka S. Blockade of SOX4 mediated DNA repair by SPARC enhances radioresponse in medulloblastoma. Cancer Lett. 2012;323:188-98 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence of the anti-tumor effect of combining SPARC with irradiation as a new therapeutic strategy for the treatment of medulloblastoma. ..
- Avva J, Weis M, Sramkoski R, SREENATH S, Jacobberger J. Dynamic expression profiles from static cytometry data: component fitting and conversion to relative, "same scale" values. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38275 pubmed publisher..These expression profiles are the "state variable" outputs, useful for calibrating mathematical cell cycle models. ..
- Ding B, Bellizzi M, Ning Y, Meyers B, Wang G. HDT701, a histone H4 deacetylase, negatively regulates plant innate immunity by modulating histone H4 acetylation of defense-related genes in rice. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3783-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that HDT701 negatively regulates innate immunity by modulating the levels of histone H4 acetylation of PRR and defense-related genes in rice. ..
- Park J, Shin M, Pitot H, Lambert P. High incidence of HPV-associated head and neck cancers in FA deficient mice is associated with E7's induction of DNA damage through its inactivation of pocket proteins. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75056 pubmed publisher..Our results further demonstrate the unexpected finding that FA deficiency does not predispose E6 transgenic mice to HNCs, indicating a specificity in the synergy between FA deficiency and HPV oncogenes in causing HNCs...
- Bailey K, Chow C, Reeve J. Histone stoichiometry and DNA circularization in archaeal nucleosomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:532-6 pubmed..Archaeal histones are most similar to the globular histone fold region of eukaryal histone H4, and the results reported are consistent with archaeal nucleosomes resembling the structure formed by eukaryal histone (H3+H4)2tetramers...
- Prochasson P, Florens L, Swanson S, Washburn M, Workman J. The HIR corepressor complex binds to nucleosomes generating a distinct protein/DNA complex resistant to remodeling by SWI/SNF. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2534-9 pubmed..Thus, the HIR complex is a novel nucleosome assembly complex which functions with SWI/SNF to regulate transcription. ..
- Pennini M, Pai R, Schultz D, Boom W, Harding C. Mycobacterium tuberculosis 19-kDa lipoprotein inhibits IFN-gamma-induced chromatin remodeling of MHC2TA by TLR2 and MAPK signaling. J Immunol. 2006;176:4323-30 pubmed..Chromatin remodeling at MHC2TA is a novel target of inhibition by Mtb. These mechanisms may diminish class II MHC expression by infected macrophages, contributing to immune evasion by Mtb. ..
- Peña P, Davrazou F, Shi X, Walter K, Verkhusha V, Gozani O, et al. Molecular mechanism of histone H3K4me3 recognition by plant homeodomain of ING2. Nature. 2006;442:100-3 pubmed..Elucidation of the mechanisms underlying this novel function of PHD fingers provides a basis for deciphering the role of the ING family of tumour suppressors in chromatin regulation and signalling. ..
- Townley Tilson W, Pendergrass S, Marzluff W, Whitfield M. Genome-wide analysis of mRNAs bound to the histone stem-loop binding protein. RNA. 2006;12:1853-67 pubmed..Both platforms demonstrate remarkable specificity and consistency of results. Our data suggest that the replication-dependent histone mRNAs are likely to be the sole target of SLBP. ..
- Choi H, Kang B, Shim J, Cho Y, Choi B, Bode A, et al. Cot, a novel kinase of histone H3, induces cellular transformation through up-regulation of c-fos transcriptional activity. FASEB J. 2008;22:113-26 pubmed
- Li L, Greer C, Eisenman R, Secombe J. Essential functions of the histone demethylase lid. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001221 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings highlight the importance of Lid function in the regulated removal and recognition of H3K4me3 during development. ..
- Battu A, Ray A, Wani A. ASF1A and ATM regulate H3K56-mediated cell-cycle checkpoint recovery in response to UV irradiation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:7931-45 pubmed publisher..These cross-talking molecular cellular events reveal the important pathway components influencing the regulatory function of H3K56Ac in the recovery from UV-induced checkpoint arrest. ..
- Liu Z, Myers L. Med5(Nut1) and Med17(Srb4) are direct targets of mediator histone H4 tail interactions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38416 pubmed publisher..This analysis has identified the Med5 subunit of Mediator as a target for histone tail interactions and suggests that the previously observed effect of med5 mutations on telomeric heterochromatin and silencing is direct. ..
- Milliman E, Yadav N, Chen Y, Muddukrishna B, Karunanithi S, Yu M. Recruitment of Rpd3 to the telomere depends on the protein arginine methyltransferase Hmt1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44656 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide insight into the mechanism whereby Hmt1 promotes the proper establishment and maintenance of silent chromatin at the telomeres...
- Kim D, Sung S. Coordination of the vernalization response through a VIN3 and FLC gene family regulatory network in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:454-69 pubmed publisher..Our results show that these two gene families cooperated during the course of evolution to ensure proper vernalization response through epigenetic changes. ..
- ..Recent studies suggest that chromatin itself receives the signals. Increasing examples are illustrating novel regulatory mechanisms that promote our understanding of development and disease. ..
- Pupaibool J, Kottom T, Bouchonville K, Limper A. Characterization of the Pneumocystis carinii histone acetyltransferase chaperone proteins PcAsf1 and PcVps75. Infect Immun. 2013;81:2268-75 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that the functions of the Rtt109-Asf1-Vps75 complex in the acetylation of histone H3 lysine 56 and in DNA damage response are present in P. carinii DNA and cell cycle progression...
- Kowalska M, Zhao G, Zhai L, David G, Marcus S, Krishnaswamy S, et al. Modulation of protein C activation by histones, platelet factor 4, and heparinoids: new insights into activated protein C formation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:120-6 pubmed publisher..These studies provide new insights into the complex interactions controlling aPC formation and suggest a novel therapeutic interventional strategy. ..
- Wang Z, Zhang H, Liu J, Cheruiyot A, Lee J, ORDOG T, et al. USP51 deubiquitylates H2AK13,15ub and regulates DNA damage response. Genes Dev. 2016;30:946-59 pubmed publisher..In cells, USP51 is recruited to chromatin after DNA damage and regulates the dynamic assembly/disassembly of 53BP1 and BRCA1 foci. These results show that USP51 is the DUB for H2AK13,15ub and regulates DNA damage response. ..
- Bednar J, Garcia Saez I, Boopathi R, Cutter A, Papai G, Reymer A, et al. Structure and Dynamics of a 197 bp Nucleosome in Complex with Linker Histone H1. Mol Cell. 2017;66:384-397.e8 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that H1 imparts a strong degree of asymmetry to the nucleosome, which is likely to influence the assembly and architecture of higher-order structures. ..
- He Y, Michaels S, Amasino R. Regulation of flowering time by histone acetylation in Arabidopsis. Science. 2003;302:1751-4 pubmed..However, not all autonomous-pathway mutants exhibit FLC hyperacetylation, indicating that multiple means exist by which this pathway represses FLC expression. ..
- Burgess R, Jenkins R, Zhang Z. Epigenetic changes in gliomas. Cancer Biol Ther. 2008;7:1326-34 pubmed..We expect that novel therapies will be developed to counter epigenetic changes in this deadly disease. ..
- Nguyen H, Wharton W, Harper J, Dornhoffer J, Duina A. A nucleosomal region important for ensuring proper interactions between the transcription elongation factor Spt16 and transcribed genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:929-40 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that a nucleosomal region encompassing the H4-R36, H4-K31, and H3-L61 residues plays an important role in ensuring proper association of yFACT across transcribed genes. ..
- Fulton M, Zhang J, He M, Ho M, Zheng Y. Intricate Effects of ?-Amino and Lysine Modifications on Arginine Methylation of the N-Terminal Tail of Histone H4. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3539-3548 pubmed publisher..These results together highlight the underlying mechanistic differences in substrate recognition among different PRMTs and pave the way for the elucidation of the complex interplay of histone modifications...
- Cowley B, Smardo F, Grantham J, Calvet J. Elevated c-myc protooncogene expression in autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:8394-8 pubmed..Thus, the level of c-myc expression in cystic kidneys appears to be out of proportion to the rate of cell division, suggesting that elevated and potentially abnormal c-myc expression may be involved in the pathogenesis of PKD. ..
- Zhong C, Marshall J, Topp C, Mroczek R, Kato A, Nagaki K, et al. Centromeric retroelements and satellites interact with maize kinetochore protein CENH3. Plant Cell. 2002;14:2825-36 pubmed..Approximately 38 and 33% of CentC and CRM are precipitated in the chromatin immunoprecipitation assay, consistent with data showing that much, but not all, of CENH3 colocalizes with CentC. ..
- Yu C, Palumbo M, Lawrence C, Morse R. Contribution of the histone H3 and H4 amino termini to Gcn4p- and Gcn5p-mediated transcription in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9755-64 pubmed..However, a large fraction of genes activated by Gcn4p were found to be repressed by the H3 and H4 amino termini under non-inducing conditions, indicating that one role for Gcn4p is to overcome repression mediated by the histone tails. ..
- Pinnoji R, Bedadala G, George B, Holland T, Hill J, Hsia S. Repressor element-1 silencing transcription factor/neuronal restrictive silencer factor (REST/NRSF) can regulate HSV-1 immediate-early transcription via histone modification. Virol J. 2007;4:56 pubmed
- Greeson N, Sengupta R, Arida A, Jenuwein T, Sanders S. Di-methyl H4 lysine 20 targets the checkpoint protein Crb2 to sites of DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:33168-74 pubmed publisher..These results argue that the di-methyl H4K20 modification serves as a binding target that directs Crb2 to sites of genomic lesions and defines an important genome integrity pathway mediated by a specific methyl-lysine histone mark. ..
- Yu Q, Kuzmiak H, Zou Y, Olsen L, Defossez P, Bi X. Saccharomyces cerevisiae linker histone Hho1p functionally interacts with core histone H4 and negatively regulates the establishment of transcriptionally silent chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:740-50 pubmed publisher..We show that the carboxyl-terminal globular domain of Hho1p is dispensable for its function, suggesting that the mode of Hho1p action is similar to that of canonical linker histones. ..
- Mishra B, Ansari K, Mandal S. Dynamic association of MLL1, H3K4 trimethylation with chromatin and Hox gene expression during the cell cycle. FEBS J. 2009;276:1629-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies demonstrate that MLL1 and H3K4 methylation have distinct dynamics during the cell cycle and play critical roles in the differential expression of Hox genes associated with cell cycle regulation. ..
- Tyagi M, Pearson R, Karn J. Establishment of HIV latency in primary CD4+ cells is due to epigenetic transcriptional silencing and P-TEFb restriction. J Virol. 2010;84:6425-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, a combination of restrictive chromatin structures at the HIV long terminal repeat and limiting P-TEFb levels contribute to transcriptional silencing leading to latency in primary CD4(+) T cells. ..
- Reilly M, Larsen J, Sullivan M. Polyplexes traffic through caveolae to the Golgi and endoplasmic reticulum en route to the nucleus. Mol Pharm. 2012;9:1280-90 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest new design criteria and opportunities to stragetically target nonviral gene delivery vehicles. ..
- Akhtar Zaidi B, Cowper Sal lari R, Corradin O, Saiakhova A, Bartels C, Balasubramanian D, et al. Epigenomic enhancer profiling defines a signature of colon cancer. Science. 2012;336:736-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that reproducible changes in the epigenome at enhancer elements drive a specific transcriptional program to promote colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Sharma A, Singh K, Almasan A. Histone H2AX phosphorylation: a marker for DNA damage. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;920:613-26 pubmed publisher..This chapter describes a few standard protocols that we have successfully used in our laboratory for a number of experimental systems, primarily hematologic and epithelial cells grown in culture. ..
- Telu K, Abbaoui B, Thomas Ahner J, Zynger D, Clinton S, Freitas M, et al. Alterations of histone H1 phosphorylation during bladder carcinogenesis. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:3317-26 pubmed publisher..Changes in histone H1 phosphorylation status may further clarify epigenetic changes during bladder carcinogenesis and provide diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers or targets for future therapeutic interventions. ..
- Mitchell J, Byers N, Friesen P. Baculovirus F-box protein LEF-7 modifies the host DNA damage response to enhance virus multiplication. J Virol. 2013;87:12592-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate that baculoviruses utilize a unique strategy among viruses for hijacking the host DDR by using a newly recognized F-box protein...
- Poplawski A, Hu K, Lee W, Natesan S, Peng D, Carlson S, et al. Molecular insights into the recognition of N-terminal histone modifications by the BRPF1 bromodomain. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:1661-76 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide insights into how histone recognition by the bromodomain directs the biological function of BRPF1, ultimately targeting the MOZ HAT complex to chromatin substrates. ..
- Marinov G, Lynch M. Diversity and Divergence of Dinoflagellate Histone Proteins. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:397-422 pubmed publisher..Finally, the plausible roles of histones in dinoflagellate nuclei are discussed. ..
- Zhao E, Ding J, Xia Y, Liu M, Ye B, Choi J, et al. KDM4C and ATF4 Cooperate in Transcriptional Control of Amino Acid Metabolism. Cell Rep. 2016;14:506-519 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a molecular mechanism linking KDM4C-mediated H3K9 demethylation and ATF4-mediated transactivation in reprogramming amino acid metabolism for cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Koemans T, Kleefstra T, Chubak M, Stone M, Reijnders M, de Munnik S, et al. Functional convergence of histone methyltransferases EHMT1 and KMT2C involved in intellectual disability and autism spectrum disorder. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006864 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight the clinical and molecular convergence between the KMT2 and EHMT protein families, which may contribute to a molecular network underlying a larger group of ID/ASD-related disorders. ..
- Mendenhall M. An inhibitor of p34CDC28 protein kinase activity from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Science. 1993;259:216-9 pubmed..The p40 protein bound tightly to p34CDC28 and inhibited the activity of the kinase. The p40 protein may provide another mechanism to regulate p34CDC28 protein kinase activity. ..
- Fong Y, Bender L, Wang W, Strome S. Regulation of the different chromatin states of autosomes and X chromosomes in the germ line of C. elegans. Science. 2002;296:2235-8 pubmed..We propose that all four MES proteins participate in X-chromosome silencing, and that the role of MES-4 is to exclude repressors from the autosomes, thus enabling efficient repression of the Xs. ..
- Ryu H, Smith K, Camelo S, Carreras I, Lee J, Iglesias A, et al. Sodium phenylbutyrate prolongs survival and regulates expression of anti-apoptotic genes in transgenic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis mice. J Neurochem. 2005;93:1087-98 pubmed..Phenylbutyrate may therefore provide a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of patients with ALS. ..
- Franco M, Bohbot J, Fernandez K, Hanna J, Poppy J, Vogt R. Sensory cell proliferation within the olfactory epithelium of developing adult Manduca sexta (Lepidoptera). PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e215 pubmed..Mitotic sensitivity to ecdysteroids may be a regulatory mechanism coordinating olfactory development with the developmental choice of diapause entry. ..