Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hela cells in Canada
Topic: hela cells
- Ma S, Bhattacharjee R, Bag J. Expression of poly(A)-binding protein is upregulated during recovery from heat shock in HeLa cells. FEBS J. 2009;276:552-70 pubmed publisher..In addition, we provide evidence that the terminal oligopyrimidine cis-element of PABP1 mRNA is responsible for the preferential increase of PABP1 mRNA translation in cells undergoing recovery from heat shock. ..
- Zhang X, Ao Z, Bello A, Ran X, Liu S, Wigle J, et al. Characterization of the inhibitory effect of an extract of Prunella vulgaris on Ebola virus glycoprotein (GP)-mediated virus entry and infection. Antiviral Res. 2016;127:20-31 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provides evidence that CHPV has anti-EBOV activity and may be developed as a novel antiviral approach against EBOV infection. ..
- Varlet A, Fuchs M, Luthold C, Lambert H, Landry J, Lavoie J. Fine-tuning of actin dynamics by the HSPB8-BAG3 chaperone complex facilitates cytokinesis and contributes to its impact on cell division. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2017;22:553-567 pubmed publisher..They expand a so-far under-appreciated connection between selective autophagy and cellular morphodynamics that guide cell division. ..
- Mann K, Davison K, Colombo M, Colosimo A, Diaz Z, Padovani A, et al. Antimony trioxide-induced apoptosis is dependent on SEK1/JNK signaling. Toxicol Lett. 2006;160:158-70 pubmed..These data suggest roles for ROS and the SEK1/JNK pathway in the cytotoxicity associated with Sb(2)O(3) exposure. ..
- Lalonde M, Ouimet M, Larivière M, Kritikou E, Sinnett D. Identification of functional DNA variants in the constitutive promoter region of MDM2. Hum Genomics. 2012;6:15 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that part of the variability in the MDM2 expression levels could be explained by allelic p53-independent P1 promoter activity. ..
- Stambolic V, Woodgett J. Mitogen inactivation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta in intact cells via serine 9 phosphorylation. Biochem J. 1994;303 ( Pt 3):701-4 pubmed..Since p90rsk-1 is directly activated by mitogen-activated protein kinases, agonists of this pathway, such as insulin, repress GSK-3 function. ..
- Zhang H, Su Y, Guo S, Yuan J, Lim T, Liu J, et al. Targeted delivery of anti-coxsackievirus siRNAs using ligand-conjugated packaging RNAs. Antiviral Res. 2009;83:307-16 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that pRNA as a siRNA carrier can specifically deliver the drug to target cells via its ligand and specific receptor interaction and inhibit virus replication effectively. ..
- Sivanesan D, Beauchamp C, Quinou C, Lee J, Lesage S, Chemtob S, et al. IL23R (Interleukin 23 Receptor) Variants Protective against Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) Display Loss of Function due to Impaired Protein Stability and Intracellular Trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:8673-85 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a convergent cause of IL23RÎ± variant protection against chronic inflammatory disease. ..
- Kakaradov B, Xiong H, Lee L, Jojic N, Frey B. Challenges in estimating percent inclusion of alternatively spliced junctions from RNA-seq data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13 Suppl 6:S11 pubmed publisher..This comparison demonstrates the challenges in estimating the percent inclusion of alternatively spliced junctions and illuminates the tradeoffs between different approaches. ..
- McManus B, Yanagawa B, Rezai N, Luo H, Taylor L, Zhang M, et al. Genetic determinants of coxsackievirus B3 pathogenesis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;975:169-79 pubmed..quot; Our in vitro experimental plan has enabled us to chart prominent patterns of gene expression, analyzed by novel bioinformatic approaches, and to separate varied and potentially significant gene expression events. ..
- Liu T, Akens M, Chen J, Wilson B, Zheng G. Matrix metalloproteinase-based photodynamic molecular beacons for targeted destruction of bone metastases in vivo. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2016;15:375-81 pubmed publisher..The potential of PMB-PDT to destroy metastatic tumors, disrupt the osteolytic cycle and better preserve critical organs with an increased therapeutic window compared with conventional photosensitizers is demonstrated. ..
- Mazroui R, Huot M, Tremblay S, Filion C, Labelle Y, Khandjian E. Trapping of messenger RNA by Fragile X Mental Retardation protein into cytoplasmic granules induces translation repression. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:3007-17 pubmed..We speculate that, in neurons, FMRP plays a role as a mRNA repressor in incompetent mRNP granules that have to be translocated from the cell body to distal locations such as dendritic spines and synaptosomes. ..
- Grundberg E, Kwan T, Ge B, Lam K, Koka V, Kindmark A, et al. Population genomics in a disease targeted primary cell model. Genome Res. 2009;19:1942-52 pubmed publisher..5, P = 2.6 x 10(-15)). Our results suggest that primary cells relevant to disease phenotypes complement traditional approaches for prioritization and validation of GWAS hits for follow-up studies. ..
- Dasanayake D, Richaud M, Cyr N, Caballero Franco C, Pittroff S, Finn R, et al. The N-terminal amphipathic region of the Escherichia coli type III secretion system protein EspD is required for membrane insertion and function. Mol Microbiol. 2011;81:734-50 pubmed publisher..Complementation of ?espD null mutant bacteria with an espD?66-83 gene showed that this protein was secreted but non-functional. ..
- Chu T, MacNeil D, Autexier C. Multiple Mechanisms Contribute to the Cell Growth Defects Imparted by Human Telomerase Insertion in Fingers Domain Mutations Associated with Premature Aging Diseases. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:8374-86 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that multiple mechanisms contribute to cell growth defects conferred by the IFD variants. ..
- Larkin H, Costantino S, Seaman M, Lavoie C. Calnuc Function in Endosomal Sorting of Lysosomal Receptors. Traffic. 2016;17:416-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data indicate a novel role for Calnuc in the endosome-to-TGN retrograde transport of lysosomal receptors through the regulation of Rab7 activity and the recruitment of retromers to endosomes. ..
- Kim J, Badano J, Sibold S, Esmail M, Hill J, Hoskins B, et al. The Bardet-Biedl protein BBS4 targets cargo to the pericentriolar region and is required for microtubule anchoring and cell cycle progression. Nat Genet. 2004;36:462-70 pubmed
- Patenaude A, Ven Murthy M, Mirault M. Mitochondrial thioredoxin system: effects of TrxR2 overexpression on redox balance, cell growth, and apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:27302-14 pubmed..Our results suggest that neither Trx2 nor TrxR2 gain of function modified the redox regulation of mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in these mammalian cells. ..
- Cox D, Du M, Marback M, Yang E, Chan J, Siu K, et al. Phosphorylation motifs regulating the stability and function of myocyte enhancer factor 2A. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15297-303 pubmed..Together, these findings identify several novel aspects of MEF2 regulation that may prove important in the control of gene expression in neuronal and muscle cells. ..
- Gizard F, Lavallee B, Dewitte F, Hum D. A novel zinc finger protein TReP-132 interacts with CBP/p300 to regulate human CYP11A1 gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33881-92 pubmed..Thus, these results together indicate the isolation of a novel zinc-finger transcriptional regulating protein of 132 kDa (TReP-132) involved in the regulation of P450scc gene expression. ..
- Thériault J, Charette S, Lambert H, Landry J. Cloning and characterization of hGMEB1, a novel glucocorticoid modulatory element binding protein. FEBS Lett. 1999;452:170-6 pubmed..Both complexes were supershifted with an antibody specific to hGMEB1. Co-immunoprecipitation experiments confirmed the in vivo interaction of HSP27 with hGMEB1. ..
- Niraj J, Caron M, Drapeau K, Bérubé S, Guitton Sert L, Coulombe Y, et al. The identification of FANCD2 DNA binding domains reveals nuclear localization sequences. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8341-8357 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results enlighten the importance of DNA binding and NLS residues in FANCD2 to activate an efficient FA pathway. ..
- Bański P, Mahboubi H, Kodiha M, Shrivastava S, Kanagaratham C, Stochaj U. Nucleolar targeting of the chaperone hsc70 is regulated by stress, cell signaling, and a composite targeting signal which is controlled by autoinhibition. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21858-67 pubmed publisher..This process relies on a stress-dependent composite targeting signal that combines multiple functions. ..
- Corson T, Zhu C, Lau S, Shepherd F, Tsao M, Gallie B. KIF14 messenger RNA expression is independently prognostic for outcome in lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:3229-34 pubmed
- Yang E, Rode J, Howlader M, Eckermann M, Santos J, Hernandez Armada D, et al. Galectin-3 alters the lateral mobility and clustering of ?1-integrin receptors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184378 pubmed publisher..Together, our results are consistent with a Gal-3-integrin lattice model of binding and confirm that the lateral mobility of integrins is natively regulated, in part, by galectins. ..
- Kodiha M, Rassi J, Brown C, Stochaj U. Localization of AMP kinase is regulated by stress, cell density, and signaling through the MEK-->ERK1/2 pathway. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1427-36 pubmed..This sets the stage to develop new strategies to regulate the intracellular localization of AMPK and thereby the modification of targets that are relevant to human disease. ..
- Lund N, Olsson M, Ramkumar S, Sakac D, Yahalom V, Levene C, et al. The human P(k) histo-blood group antigen provides protection against HIV-1 infection. Blood. 2009;113:4980-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that P(k) expression strongly influences susceptibility to HIV-1 infection, which implicates P(k) as a new endogenous cell-surface factor that may provide protection against HIV-1 infection. ..
- Sar A, Ponjevic D, Nguyen M, Box A, Demetrick D. Identification and characterization of demethylase JMJD1A as a gene upregulated in the human cellular response to hypoxia. Cell Tissue Res. 2009;337:223-34 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemical staining has revealed that JMJD1A is widely expressed in tissues, even in cells that are not known to express the androgen receptor, and is significantly increased in smooth muscle cells upon hypoxia treatment. ..
- Govindan M, Meng X, Denis C, Webb P, Baxter J, Walfish P. Identification of CCR4 and other essential thyroid hormone receptor co-activators by modified yeast synthetic genetic array analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19854-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that a modified yeast synthetic genetic array strategy is a feasible method for unbiased identification of conserved genes essential for TR and other nuclear receptor hormone functions in mammals. ..
- Smith C, McGlade C. The ubiquitin ligase RNF126 regulates the retrograde sorting of the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor. Exp Cell Res. 2014;320:219-32 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that the ubiquitin ligase RNF126 has a role in the retrograde sorting of the CI-MPR. ..
- Marchant D, Bellac C, Moraes T, Wadsworth S, Dufour A, Butler G, et al. A new transcriptional role for matrix metalloproteinase-12 in antiviral immunity. Nat Med. 2014;20:493-502 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that inhibiting extracellular MMP-12 could be a new avenue for the development of antiviral treatments...
- Wang C, Gupta P, Fressigne L, Bossé G, Wang X, Simard M, et al. TEG-1 CD2BP2 controls miRNA levels by regulating miRISC stability in C. elegans and human cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:1488-1500 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that TEG-1 CD2BP2 stabilizes miRISC and mature miRNAs, maintaining them at levels necessary to properly regulate target gene expression. ..
- Sik A, Passer B, Koonin E, Pellegrini L. Self-regulated cleavage of the mitochondrial intramembrane-cleaving protease PARL yields Pbeta, a nuclear-targeted peptide. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15323-9 pubmed
- Debrus S, Rahbani L, Marttila M, Delorme B, Paradis P, Nemer M. The zinc finger-only protein Zfp260 is a novel cardiac regulator and a nuclear effector of alpha1-adrenergic signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8669-82 pubmed..The data identify Zfp260 as a novel transcriptional regulator in normal and pathological heart development and a nuclear effector of alpha1-adrenergic signaling. ..
- Gizard F, Robillard R, Barbier O, Quatannens B, Faucompré A, Revillion F, et al. TReP-132 controls cell proliferation by regulating the expression of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors p21WAF1/Cip1 and p27Kip1. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4335-48 pubmed..Together, these results identify TReP-132 as a basal cell cycle regulatory protein acting, at least in part, by interacting with Sp1 to activate the p21 and p27 gene promoters. ..
- Wang Q, Mosser D, Bag J. Induction of HSP70 expression and recruitment of HSC70 and HSP70 in the nucleus reduce aggregation of a polyalanine expansion mutant of PABPN1 in HeLa cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:3673-84 pubmed..A concomitant reduction of cell death in drug-treated mutant PABPN1 expressing cells was also observed. ..
- Karwatsky J, Leimanis M, Cai J, Gros P, Georges E. The leucotriene C4 binding sites in multidrug resistance protein 1 (ABCC1) include the first membrane multiple spanning domain. Biochemistry. 2005;44:340-51 pubmed..Together, our results show a high-resolution map of LTC(4) binding domains in MRP1 and provide the first direct evidence for LTC(4) binding within MSD0. ..
- Tibbles L, Spurrell J, Bowen G, Liu Q, Lam M, Zaiss A, et al. Activation of p38 and ERK signaling during adenovirus vector cell entry lead to expression of the C-X-C chemokine IP-10. J Virol. 2002;76:1559-68 pubmed
- Morrow G, Inaguma Y, Kato K, Tanguay R. The small heat shock protein Hsp22 of Drosophila melanogaster is a mitochondrial protein displaying oligomeric organization. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31204-10 pubmed..The mitochondrial localization of this small Hsp22 of Drosophila and its high level of expression in aging suggests a role for this small heat shock protein in protection against oxidative stress. ..
- Eng F, Barsalou A, Akutsu N, Mercier I, Zechel C, Mader S, et al. Different classes of coactivators recognize distinct but overlapping binding sites on the estrogen receptor ligand binding domain. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28371-7 pubmed
- Gómez Cuadrado A, Martin M, Noel M, Ruiz Carrillo A. Initiation binding repressor, a factor that binds to the transcription initiation site of the histone h5 gene, is a glycosylated member of a family of cell growth regulators [corrected]. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6670-85 pubmed..A survey of genes potentially regulated by this family of factors primarily revealed genes involved in growth-related metabolism. ..
- Dorion S, Lambert H, Landry J. Activation of the p38 signaling pathway by heat shock involves the dissociation of glutathione S-transferase Mu from Ask1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30792-7 pubmed..We concluded that because of an alternative regulation by the two distinct repressors thioredoxin and GSTM1-1, Ask1 constitutes the converging point of the heat shock and oxidative stress-sensing pathways that lead to p38 activation. ..
- Rattner J, Wang T, Mack G, Martin L, Fritzler M. MSA-35: a protein identified by human autoantibodies that colocalizes with microtubules. Biochem Cell Biol. 1992;70:1115-22 pubmed..The complex spatial and temporal distribution of MSA-35 indicates that it may be necessary for a series of events in the mitotic process such as the bundling of microtubules. ..
- Wang Y, Serfass L, Roy M, Wong J, Bonneau A, Georges E. Annexin-I expression modulates drug resistance in tumor cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:565-70 pubmed..Taken together, these results provide the first direct evidence for the role of Anx-I in MDR of tumor cells...
- Yung T, Sato S, Satoh M. Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation as a DNA damage-induced post-translational modification regulating poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1-topoisomerase I interaction. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39686-96 pubmed..These results suggest that a function for the automodification reaction is to regulate the interaction between PARP-1 and Topo I, and consequently, the Topo I activity, in response to DNA damage. ..
- Bouffard P, Briere F, Wellinger R, Boire G. Identification of ribonucleoprotein (RNP)-specific protein interactions using a yeast RNP interaction trap assay (RITA). Biotechniques. 1999;27:790-6 pubmed
- Fournier M, Coudert L, Mellaoui S, Adjibade P, Gareau C, Côté M, et al. Inactivation of the mTORC1-eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E pathway alters stress granule formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2285-301 pubmed publisher..This work therefore highlights a novel role of the oncogenic mTORC1-eIF4E pathway, namely, the promotion of formation of antiapoptotic SG. ..
- Wang H, Zhao C, Zhang M, Lee C, Reddy E, Kung S. A novel role of the scaffolding protein JLP in tuning CD40-induced activation of dendritic cells. Immunobiology. 2013;218:835-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data identified a novel role of a scaffolding protein JLP in the regulation of surface CD40 expression and fine-tuning of DC function. ..
- Adra C, Boer P, McBurney M. Cloning and expression of the mouse pgk-1 gene and the nucleotide sequence of its promoter. Gene. 1987;60:65-74 pubmed..The promoter of the mouse pgk-1 gene is homologous to the human pgk-1 promoter. A number of conserved motifs in the promoter may indicate a significant role for these sequences in expression of the pgk-1 gene. ..
- Lukong K, Richard S. Breast tumor kinase BRK requires kinesin-2 subunit KAP3A in modulation of cell migration. Cell Signal. 2008;20:432-42 pubmed..Our findings therefore reveal new substrates of BRK and define KAP3A as a physiological substrate of BRK during cell migration. ..
- Jannot G, Bajan S, Giguère N, Bouasker S, Banville I, Piquet S, et al. The ribosomal protein RACK1 is required for microRNA function in both C. elegans and humans. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:581-6 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that RACK1 can contribute to the recruitment of miRISC to the site of translation, and support a post-initiation mode of miRNA-mediated gene repression. ..
- Schwarz U, Meyer zu Schwabedissen H, Tirona R, Suzuki A, Leake B, Mokrab Y, et al. Identification of novel functional organic anion-transporting polypeptide 1B3 polymorphisms and assessment of substrate specificity. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2011;21:103-14 pubmed publisher..5 was significantly greater for the Pro520 variant. OATP1B3 polymorphisms that result in altered expression, substrate specificity, and pH-dependent activity may be of potential relevance to hepatic clearance of substrate drugs in vivo. ..
- Noorbakhsh F, Tang Q, Liu S, Silva C, van Marle G, Power C. Lentivirus envelope protein exerts differential neuropathogenic effects depending on the site of expression and target cell. Virology. 2006;348:260-76 pubmed publisher..01). Thus, lentivirus envelope proteins exert differential neuropathogenic effects through mechanisms that depend on the infected or exposed cell type...
- Govindan M. Recruitment of cAMP-response element-binding protein and histone deacetylase has opposite effects on glucocorticoid receptor gene transcription. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4489-510 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CREB-P is dephosphorylated and that HDAC-6 is recruited by the GR, and they play opposite roles in the negative feedback regulation of the GR gene. ..
- Khalil H, Brunet A, Thibodeau J. A three-amino-acid-long HLA-DRbeta cytoplasmic tail is sufficient to overcome ER retention of invariant-chain p35. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:4679-87 pubmed..These results suggest that MHC-class-II molecules overcome ER retention and prevent COPI binding to the Iip35 RXR motif through a mechanism distinct from steric hindrance by its beta chain. ..
- Gao X, Shi X, Fu X, Ge L, Zhang Y, Su C, et al. Human Tudor staphylococcal nuclease (Tudor-SN) protein modulates the kinetics of AGTR1-3'UTR granule formation. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:2154-61 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that Tudor-SN modulates the kinetics of AGTR1-3'UTR granule formation, which provides an additional biological role of Tudor-SN in RNA metabolism during stress. ..
- Saksouk N, Avvakumov N, Champagne K, Hung T, Doyon Y, Cayrou C, et al. HBO1 HAT complexes target chromatin throughout gene coding regions via multiple PHD finger interactions with histone H3 tail. Mol Cell. 2009;33:257-65 pubmed publisher..These results underline the importance and versatility of PHD finger domains in regulating chromatin association and histone modification crosstalk within a single protein complex. ..
- Nadeau P, Charette S, Toledano M, Landry J. Disulfide Bond-mediated multimerization of Ask1 and its reduction by thioredoxin-1 regulate H(2)O(2)-induced c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase activation and apoptosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3903-13 pubmed..These results indicate that Ask1 oxidation is required at a step subsequent to activation for signaling downstream of Ask1 after H(2)O(2) treatment. ..
- Pelletier M, Marcil A, Sevigny G, Jakob C, Tessier D, Chevet E, et al. The heterodimeric structure of glucosidase II is required for its activity, solubility, and localization in vivo. Glycobiology. 2000;10:815-27 pubmed..The substrate specificities of both isoforms using the physiological oligosaccharides were assessed and found to be similar. ..
- Dobson C, Gradinger A, Longo N, Wu X, Leclerc D, Lerner Ellis J, et al. Homozygous nonsense mutation in the MCEE gene and siRNA suppression of methylmalonyl-CoA epimerase expression: a novel cause of mild methylmalonic aciduria. Mol Genet Metab. 2006;88:327-33 pubmed..We conclude that the patient's MCEE defect was responsible for the mild methylmalonic aciduria, confirming a partial requirement for the enzymatic activity in humans. ..
- Fang N, Chan G, Zhu M, Comyn S, Persaud A, Deshaies R, et al. Rsp5/Nedd4 is the main ubiquitin ligase that targets cytosolic misfolded proteins following heat stress. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:1227-37 pubmed publisher..Our results support a bipartite recognition mechanism combining direct and chaperone-dependent ubiquitylation of misfolded cytosolic proteins by Rsp5. ..
- Ao Z, Danappa Jayappa K, Wang B, Zheng Y, Kung S, Rassart E, et al. Importin alpha3 interacts with HIV-1 integrase and contributes to HIV-1 nuclear import and replication. J Virol. 2010;84:8650-63 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrates for the first time that Impalpha3 is an HIV integrase-interacting cofactor that is required for efficient HIV-1 nuclear import and replication in both dividing and nondividing cells. ..
- St Denis N, Bailey M, Parker E, Vilk G, Litchfield D. Localization of phosphorylated CK2alpha to the mitotic spindle requires the peptidyl-prolyl isomerase Pin1. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2341-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, because Pin1 has many important spindle substrates, this might represent a general mechanism for localization of mitotic signalling proteins. ..
- Estall J, Koehler J, Yusta B, Drucker D. The glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor C terminus modulates beta-arrestin-2 association but is dispensable for ligand-induced desensitization, endocytosis, and G-protein-dependent effector activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22124-34 pubmed
- Patel M, Chiang T, Tran V, Lee F, Cote J. The Arf family GTPase Arl4A complexes with ELMO proteins to promote actin cytoskeleton remodeling and reveals a versatile Ras-binding domain in the ELMO proteins family. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38969-79 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, via binding of an Arf family GTPase, the ELMO-DOCK180 is uniquely positioned at the membrane to activate Rac signaling and remodel the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Khaperskyy D, Hatchette T, McCormick C. Influenza A virus inhibits cytoplasmic stress granule formation. FASEB J. 2012;26:1629-39 pubmed publisher..In these cells, SG formation correlated with inhibited viral protein synthesis. Together, these experiments demonstrate the antiviral potential of SGs and reveal a viral countermeasure that limits SG formation...
- Wong A, Durbin J, Li S, Dever T, Decker T, Koromilas A. Enhanced antiviral and antiproliferative properties of a STAT1 mutant unable to interact with the protein kinase PKR. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13727-37 pubmed..These data substantiate our previous findings on the inhibitory effects of PKR on STAT1 and implicate STAT1 in translational control through the modulation of PKR activation and eIF-2alpha phosphorylation. ..
- Proteau A, Blier S, Albert A, Lavoie S, Traish A, Vincent M. The multifunctional nuclear protein p54nrb is multiphosphorylated in mitosis and interacts with the mitotic regulator Pin1. J Mol Biol. 2005;346:1163-72 pubmed..Our results also showed that Pin1 binding was favored when at least two of the three threonine residues were phosphorylated, suggesting a regulation mechanism based on multisite phosphorylation. ..
- Shim S, Samuels B, Wang J, Neumayer G, Belzil C, Ayala R, et al. Ndel1 controls the dynein-mediated transport of vimentin during neurite outgrowth. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12232-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel regulatory mechanism of vimentin transport during neurite extension that may have implications in diseases featuring transport/trafficking defects and impaired regeneration. ..