Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gtp binding proteins in Switzerland
Topic: gtp binding proteins
- Helliwell S, Schmidt A, Ohya Y, Hall M. The Rho1 effector Pkc1, but not Bni1, mediates signalling from Tor2 to the actin cytoskeleton. Curr Biol. 1998;8:1211-4 pubmed..Thus, Tor2 signals to the actin cytoskeleton via Rho1, Pkc1 and the cell integrity MAP kinase cascade. ..
- Pavlovic J, Haller O, Staeheli P. Human and mouse Mx proteins inhibit different steps of the influenza virus multiplication cycle. J Virol. 1992;66:2564-9 pubmed
- Bauer J, Hiltbrunner A, Weibel P, Vidi P, Alvarez Huerta M, Smith M, et al. Essential role of the G-domain in targeting of the protein import receptor atToc159 to the chloroplast outer membrane. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:845-54 pubmed..Thus, the function of atToc159 in chloroplast biogenesis is dependent on an intrinsic GTP-regulated switch that controls localization of the receptor to the chloroplast envelope. ..
- Zurcher T, Pavlovic J, Staeheli P. Mouse Mx2 protein inhibits vesicular stomatitis virus but not influenza virus. Virology. 1992;187:796-800 pubmed..The antiviral potential of mouse Mx2 is thus similar to that of rat Mx2 protein. ..
- Liang Y, Fotiadis D, Filipek S, Saperstein D, Palczewski K, Engel A. Organization of the G protein-coupled receptors rhodopsin and opsin in native membranes. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21655-21662 pubmed publisher..This is the first semi-empirical model of a higher order structure of a GPCR in native membranes, and it has profound implications for the understanding of how this receptor interacts with partner proteins. ..
- Gotta M, Strahl Bolsinger S, Renauld H, Laroche T, Kennedy B, Grunstein M, et al. Localization of Sir2p: the nucleolus as a compartment for silent information regulators. EMBO J. 1997;16:3243-55 pubmed..The unexpected nucleolar localization of Sir2p and Sir3p correlates with observed effects of sir mutations on rDNA stability and yeast longevity, defining a new site of action for silent information regulatory factors. ..
- Schmidt A, Bickle M, Beck T, Hall M. The yeast phosphatidylinositol kinase homolog TOR2 activates RHO1 and RHO2 via the exchange factor ROM2. Cell. 1997;88:531-42 pubmed..Thus, TOR2 signals to the actin cytoskeleton through a GTPase switch composed of RHO1, RHO2, ROM2, and SAC7. TOR2 activates this switch via ROM2, possibly via the ROM2 PH domain. ..
- Gotta M, Laroche T, Formenton A, Maillet L, Scherthan H, Gasser S. The clustering of telomeres and colocalization with Rap1, Sir3, and Sir4 proteins in wild-type Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:1349-63 pubmed..Nonetheless, the Y' FISH is altered in a qualitative manner in sir3 and sir4 mutant strains, consistent with the previously reported phenotypes of shortened telomeric repeats and loss of telomeric silencing. ..
- Alcedo J, Ayzenzon M, Von Ohlen T, Noll M, Hooper J. The Drosophila smoothened gene encodes a seven-pass membrane protein, a putative receptor for the hedgehog signal. Cell. 1996;86:221-32 pubmed..Based on its predicted physical characteristics and on its position in the Hh signaling pathway, we suggest that smo encodes a receptor for the Hh signal. ..
- Orcl L, Palmer D, Amherdt M, Rothman J. Coated vesicle assembly in the Golgi requires only coatomer and ARF proteins from the cytosol. Nature. 1993;364:732-4 pubmed..COP-coated buds may therefore form essentially by self-assembly from Golgi cisternae after an initial step in which GTP is used to allow ARF binding. ..
- Stranden A, Staeheli P, Pavlovic J. Function of the mouse Mx1 protein is inhibited by overexpression of the PB2 protein of influenza virus. Virology. 1993;197:642-51 pubmed..These findings support the view that Mx1 exerts its antiviral activity by interfering with the function of the influenza virus polymerase subunit PB2. ..
- Schenker T, Lach C, Kessler B, Calderara S, Trueb B. A novel GTP-binding protein which is selectively repressed in SV40 transformed fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:25447-53 pubmed..Since it is produced in normal, but not in virally transformed fibroblasts, it may play a role in the expression of the transformed phenotype or in growth control. ..
- Ahuja P, Perriard E, Trimble W, Perriard J, Ehler E. Probing the role of septins in cardiomyocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1598-609 pubmed..In addition, we were able to dissect the different contributions of ROCK signaling and the actomyosin cytoskeleton to septin localization to the contractile ring using cardiomyocytes as an experimental system. ..
- Prochazka M, Staeheli P, Holmes R, Haller O. Interferon-induced guanylate-binding proteins: mapping of the murine Gbp-1 locus to chromosome 3. Virology. 1985;145:273-9 pubmed
- Hug H, Costas M, Staeheli P, Aebi M, Weissmann C. Organization of the murine Mx gene and characterization of its interferon- and virus-inducible promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:3065-79 pubmed..This region contains five elements of the type GAAANN, which occurs in all IFN- and virus-inducible promoters. The consensus sequence purine-GAAAN(N/-)GAAA(C/G)-pyrimidine is found in all IFN-inducible promoters. ..
- Colombo K, Grill S, Kimple R, Willard F, Siderovski D, GONCZY P. Translation of polarity cues into asymmetric spindle positioning in Caenorhabditis elegans embryos. Science. 2003;300:1957-61 pubmed..Thus, the extent of net pulling forces may depend on cortical Galpha activity, which is regulated by anterior-posterior polarity cues through GPR-1/2. ..
- Favre M, Butticaz C, Stevenson B, Jongeneel C, Telenti A. High frequency of alternative splicing of human genes participating in the HIV-1 life cycle: a model using TSG101, betaTrCP, PPIA, INI1, NAF1, and PML. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2003;34:127-33 pubmed..Eight splice forms lacked or modified motifs implicated in the interaction with HIV-1, underscoring the potential interest of assessing alternative splicing when investigating viral cell biology and pathogenesis. ..
- Fourcaudot E, Gambino F, Humeau Y, Casassus G, Shaban H, Poulain B, et al. cAMP/PKA signaling and RIM1alpha mediate presynaptic LTP in the lateral amygdala. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15130-5 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the molecular mechanisms underlying the induction of presynaptic LTP at cortico-LA synapses and indicate that RIM1alpha-dependent LTP may involve changes in Ca(2+)-release coupling. ..
- Buser A, Erne B, Werner H, Nave K, Schaeren Wiemers N. The septin cytoskeleton in myelinating glia. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:156-66 pubmed publisher..We suggest that septins are intriguing candidates for membrane compartmentalization in myelin internodes. ..
- Peters C, Baars T, Buhler S, Mayer A. Mutual control of membrane fission and fusion proteins. Cell. 2004;119:667-78 pubmed..We propose that reciprocal control between fusion and fission components exists, which may prevent futile cycles of fission and fusion. ..
- Hoepfner D, Van den Berg M, Philippsen P, Tabak H, Hettema E. A role for Vps1p, actin, and the Myo2p motor in peroxisome abundance and inheritance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:979-90 pubmed..In addition, time-lapse videos showing peroxisome movement in wild-type and vps1Delta cells suggest the existence of various levels of control involved in the partitioning of peroxisomes. ..
- Schweizer M, Mätzener P, Pfaffen G, Stalder H, Peterhans E. "Self" and "nonself" manipulation of interferon defense during persistent infection: bovine viral diarrhea virus resists alpha/beta interferon without blocking antiviral activity against unrelated viruses replicating in its host c. J Virol. 2006;80:6926-35 pubmed
- Hachet O, Simanis V. Mid1p/anillin and the septation initiation network orchestrate contractile ring assembly for cytokinesis. Genes Dev. 2008;22:3205-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data establish that Mid1p and the SIN are the key regulators that orchestrate CAR assembly. ..
- Fischer J, Egert F, Werder E, Born W. An inherited mutation associated with functional deficiency of the alpha-subunit of the guanine nucleotide-binding protein Gs in pseudo- and pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998;83:935-8 pubmed..The findings demonstrate the same inherited functional defect of Gs alpha in two female patients with pseudo-PSP and in six of their offspring with PSP. The pathogenesis of clinical hypoparathyroidism remains to be clarified...
- Schenker T, Trueb B. Assignment of the gene for a developmentally regulated GTP-binding protein (DRG2) to human chromosome bands 17p13-->p12 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;79:274-5 pubmed
- Zurcher T, Pavlovic J, Staeheli P. Nuclear localization of mouse Mx1 protein is necessary for inhibition of influenza virus. J Virol. 1992;66:5059-66 pubmed..These results demonstrate that unlike human MxA, the mouse Mx1 protein can function only in the nucleus. This finding has important implications regarding the mechanistic details of Mx protein action. ..
- Pavlovic J, Zurcher T, Haller O, Staeheli P. Resistance to influenza virus and vesicular stomatitis virus conferred by expression of human MxA protein. J Virol. 1990;64:3370-5 pubmed
- Aebi M, Fah J, Hurt N, Samuel C, Thomis D, Bazzigher L, et al. cDNA structures and regulation of two interferon-induced human Mx proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:5062-72 pubmed..In contrast to mouse Mx1 protein, which accumulates in the nuclei of IFN-treated mouse cells, the two human Mx proteins both accumulate in the cytoplasm of IFN-treated cells. ..
- Horisberger M, Wathelet M, Szpirer J, Szpirer C, Islam Q, Levan G, et al. cDNA cloning and assignment to chromosome 21 of IFI-78K gene, the human equivalent of murine Mx gene. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1988;14:123-31 pubmed
- de Castro E, Nef S, Fiumelli H, Lenz S, Kawamura S, Nef P. Regulation of rhodopsin phosphorylation by a family of neuronal calcium sensors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;216:133-40 pubmed..Together, our data suggest a general role for NCS proteins in the regulation of calcium-dependent phosphorylation in the nervous system. ..
- Barella L, Loetscher M, Tobler A, Baggiolini M, Moser B. Sequence variation of a novel heptahelical leucocyte receptor through alternative transcript formation. Biochem J. 1995;309 ( Pt 3):773-9 pubmed..Alternative transcript formation affecting the 5'-terminal part of the coding region may be a way to modify ligand-binding selectivity. ..
- Bazzigher L, Schwarz A, Staeheli P. No enhanced influenza virus resistance of murine and avian cells expressing cloned duck Mx protein. Virology. 1993;195:100-12 pubmed publisher..This unexpected result suggests that influenza virus resistance of ducks is not dependent on interferon-induced Mx proteins...
- Fischer R, Wei Y, Anagli J, Berchtold M. Calmodulin binds to and inhibits GTP binding of the ras-like GTPase Kir/Gem. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:25067-70 pubmed..These results suggest the existence of a direct link between Ca2+/CaM and growth factor signal transduction pathways at the level of small Ras-like GTPases. ..
- Legler D, Loetscher M, Roos R, Clark Lewis I, Baggiolini M, Moser B. B cell-attracting chemokine 1, a human CXC chemokine expressed in lymphoid tissues, selectively attracts B lymphocytes via BLR1/CXCR5. J Exp Med. 1998;187:655-60 pubmed
- Jaquenoud M, Gulli M, Peter K, Peter M. The Cdc42p effector Gic2p is targeted for ubiquitin-dependent degradation by the SCFGrr1 complex. EMBO J. 1998;17:5360-73 pubmed..Finally, our data indicate that degradation of Gic2p may be part of a mechanism which restricts cytoskeletal polarization in the G1 phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Pavlovic J, Arzet H, Hefti H, Frese M, Rost D, Ernst B, et al. Enhanced virus resistance of transgenic mice expressing the human MxA protein. J Virol. 1995;69:4506-10 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MxA is a powerful antiviral agent in vivo, indicating that it may protect humans from the deleterious effects of infections with certain viral pathogens. ..
- Cosson P, Démollière C, Hennecke S, Duden R, Letourneur F. Delta- and zeta-COP, two coatomer subunits homologous to clathrin-associated proteins, are involved in ER retrieval. EMBO J. 1996;15:1792-8 pubmed..Both proteins show significant homology to clathrin adaptor subunits. These results emphasize the role of coatomer in retrieval of dilysine-tagged proteins back to the ER, and the similarity between clathrin and coatomer coats. ..
- Bickle M, Delley P, Schmidt A, Hall M. Cell wall integrity modulates RHO1 activity via the exchange factor ROM2. EMBO J. 1998;17:2235-45 pubmed..The mechanism of RHO1 activation by a cell wall alteration is via the exchange factor ROM2 and could be analogous to signalling by integrin receptors in mammalian cells. ..
- Laffargue M, Calvez R, Finan P, Trifilieff A, Barbier M, Altruda F, et al. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase gamma is an essential amplifier of mast cell function. Immunity. 2002;16:441-51 pubmed..PI3Kgamma thus relays inflammatory signals through various G(i)-coupled receptors and is central to mast cell function. ..
- Bazzigher L, Pavlovic J, Haller O, Staeheli P. Mx genes show weaker primary response to virus than other interferon-regulated genes. Virology. 1992;186:154-60 pubmed..Lack of a strong IFN-independent Mx response to virus indicates that this mode of gene regulation does not play a significant role in Mx-mediated resistance to viral disease. ..
- Cescato R, Loesch K, Waser B, Mäcke H, Rivier J, Reubi J, et al. Agonist-biased signaling at the sst2A receptor: the multi-somatostatin analogs KE108 and SOM230 activate and antagonize distinct signaling pathways. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:240-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, SOM230 and KE108 are not somatostatin mimics, and their functional selectivity at sst2A receptors must be considered in clinical applications where it may have important consequences for therapy. ..