Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on green fluorescent proteins in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: green fluorescent proteins
Publications642 found, 100 shown here
- Trakhtenberg E, Wang Y, Morkin M, Fernandez S, Mlacker G, Shechter J, et al. Regulating Set-?'s Subcellular Localization Toggles Its Function between Inhibiting and Promoting Axon Growth and Regeneration. J Neurosci. 2014;34:7361-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, Set-? differentially regulates axon growth and regeneration depending on subcellular localization and phosphorylation. ..
- Huang K, Doyle F, Wurz Z, Tenenbaum S, Hammond R, Caplan J, et al. FASTmiR: an RNA-based sensor for in vitro quantification and live-cell localization of small RNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:e130 pubmed publisher..FASTmiR122 was able to quantitatively detect the differences in miR122 levels in Huh7 and HEK293T cells demonstrating its potential for tracking miRNA expression and localization in vivo. ..
- Eggers C, Caimano M, Clawson M, Miller W, Samuels D, Radolf J. Identification of loci critical for replication and compatibility of a Borrelia burgdorferi cp32 plasmid and use of a cp32-based shuttle vector for the expression of fluorescent reporters in the lyme disease spirochaete. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:281-95 pubmed..In addition to enhancing our understanding of B. burgdorferi plasmid biology, our results further the development of genetic systems for dissecting pathogenic mechanisms in Lyme disease...
- McBride J, Pitzer M, Boudreau R, Dufour B, Hobbs T, Ojeda S, et al. Preclinical safety of RNAi-mediated HTT suppression in the rhesus macaque as a potential therapy for Huntington's disease. Mol Ther. 2011;19:2152-62 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that partial suppression of wild-type HTT expression is well tolerated in the primate putamen and further supports RNAi as a therapy for HD. ..
- Boye S, Alexander J, Boye S, Witherspoon C, Sandefer K, Conlon T, et al. The human rhodopsin kinase promoter in an AAV5 vector confers rod- and cone-specific expression in the primate retina. Hum Gene Ther. 2012;23:1101-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AAV5-hGRK1 is a safe and effective AAV serotype/promoter combination for targeting therapeutic transgene expression protein to rods and cones in a clinical setting. ..
- Chelius M, Triplett E. Immunolocalization of dinitrogenase reductase produced by Klebsiella pneumoniae in association with Zea mays L. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000;66:783-7 pubmed..The results suggest that maize provides a suitable habitat for K. pneumoniae and that this species is capable of producing nitrogenase under the appropriate plant cultivation conditions. ..
- Heid P, Raich W, Smith R, Mohler W, Simokat K, Gendreau S, et al. The zinc finger protein DIE-1 is required for late events during epithelial cell rearrangement in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2001;236:165-80 pubmed..Moreover, our analysis of die-1 shows that the events of epithelial cell rearrangement are under transcriptional control, and that early and later phases of epithelial cell rearrangement are genetically distinguishable. ..
- Salli U, Saito N, Stormshak F. Spatiotemporal interactions of myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate (MARCKS) protein with the actin cytoskeleton and exocytosis of oxytocin upon prostaglandin F2alpha stimulation of bovine luteal cells. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:2053-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate that phosphorylation of membrane-bound MARCKS protein is requisite for exocytosis of oxytocin to occur in bovine large luteal cells...
- Boonsirichai K, Sedbrook J, Chen R, Gilroy S, Masson P. ALTERED RESPONSE TO GRAVITY is a peripheral membrane protein that modulates gravity-induced cytoplasmic alkalinization and lateral auxin transport in plant statocytes. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2612-25 pubmed..We propose that ARG1 affects the localization and/or activity of PIN or other proteins involved in lateral auxin transport. ..
- Fu D, Huang B, Xiao Y, Muthukrishnan S, Liang G. Overexpression of barley hva1 gene in creeping bentgrass for improving drought tolerance. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:467-77 pubmed
- Li Y, Atmaca Sonmez P, Schanie C, Ildstad S, Kaplan H, Enzmann V. Endogenous bone marrow derived cells express retinal pigment epithelium cell markers and migrate to focal areas of RPE damage. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:4321-7 pubmed
- Baska K, Manandhar G, Feng D, Agca Y, Tengowski M, Sutovsky M, et al. Mechanism of extracellular ubiquitination in the mammalian epididymis. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:684-96 pubmed..This study provides evidence that the activity of the ubiquitin system is not limited to the intracellular environment, contributing to a greater understanding of the sperm maturation process during epididymal passage. ..
- Doczi M, Morielli A, Damon D. Kv1.3 channels in postganglionic sympathetic neurons: expression, function, and modulation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;295:R733-40 pubmed publisher..3 influences sympathetic control of cardiovascular function. Our data also indicate that modulation of Kv1.3 is likely to affect sympathetic control of cardiovascular function. ..
- Pillai M, Hayes B, Torok Storb B. Inducible transgenes under the control of the hCD68 promoter identifies mouse macrophages with a distribution that differs from the F4/80 - and CSF-1R-expressing populations. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:1387-92 pubmed publisher..Whether this population is functionally distinct remains to be established. ..
- Liu C, Takahashi M, Li Y, Dillon T, Kaech S, Stork P. The interaction of Epac1 and Ran promotes Rap1 activation at the nuclear envelope. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3956-69 pubmed publisher..We propose that Ran and RanBP2 anchor Epac1 to the nuclear pore, permitting cAMP signals to activate Rap1 at the nuclear envelope. ..
- Hoffman J, Tyler K, Maceachern S, Balemba O, Johnson A, Brooks E, et al. Activation of colonic mucosal 5-HT(4) receptors accelerates propulsive motility and inhibits visceral hypersensitivity. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:844-854.e4 pubmed publisher..Colon-targeted, intraluminal delivery of 5-HT(4)R agonists might be used to promote motility and alleviate visceral pain, while restricting systemic bioavailability and resulting adverse side effects. ..
- Jeoung M, Galperin E. Visualizing of signaling proteins on endosomes utilizing knockdown and reconstitution approach. Methods Enzymol. 2014;534:47-63 pubmed publisher..We then show how the lentivirus-mediated KDAR approach is used to reconstitute and visualize expression of the ERK1/2 scaffold protein Shoc2. ..
- Choi H, Broitman Maduro G, Maduro M. Partially compromised specification causes stochastic effects on gut development in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2017;427:49-60 pubmed publisher..Hence, upstream perturbation of specification dramatically affects the E lineage, but as long as sufficient descendants adopt a gut fate, organogenesis overcomes these effects to form a relatively normal intestine. ..
- Brumwell C, Antolik C, Carson J, Barbarese E. Intracellular trafficking of hnRNP A2 in oligodendrocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2002;279:310-20 pubmed..These data suggest that the RBDII domain of hnRNP A2 targets hnRNP A2 to the periphery of the cell in a microtubule-dependent manner. ..
- Zhang X, Song J, Qureshi A, Rothblum L, Carl L, Tian Q, et al. Rescue of contractile abnormalities by Na+/Ca2+ exchanger overexpression in postinfarction rat myocytes. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2002;93:1925-31 pubmed..We suggest that decreased NCX1 activity may play an important role in contractile abnormalities in postinfarction myocytes. ..
- Amberg G, Rossow C, Navedo M, Santana L. NFATc3 regulates Kv2.1 expression in arterial smooth muscle. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47326-34 pubmed..1 expression and reduced IKv function. These results support the novel concept that NFATc3 controls the excitability of arterial smooth muscle by regulating Kv2.1 expression. ..
- Low M. Role of proopiomelanocortin neurons and peptides in the regulation of energy homeostasis. J Endocrinol Invest. 2004;27:95-100 pubmed..Both melanocortin peptides and the opioid beta-endorphin processed from POMC mediate the homeostatic and behavioral responses linked to POMC neuronal circuits. ..
- Anghelina M, Moldovan L, Moldovan N. Preferential activity of Tie2 promoter in arteriolar endothelium. J Cell Mol Med. 2005;9:113-21 pubmed..In conclusion, a strong Tie2 promoter activity qualifies as a novel marker of the arteriolar phenotype in microvascular endothelium. ..
- Chikina M, Huttenhower C, Murphy C, Troyanskaya O. Global prediction of tissue-specific gene expression and context-dependent gene networks in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Comput Biol. 2009;5:e1000417 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study producing high-accuracy predictions of tissue-specific expression and interactions for a metazoan organism based on whole-animal data. ..
- Wu C, Whye D, Glazewski L, Choe L, Kerr D, Lee K, et al. Proteomic assessment of a cell model of spinal muscular atrophy. BMC Neurosci. 2011;12:25 pubmed publisher..SMN-deficient ES cells provide a cell-culture model for SMA. SMN deficiency activates cellular stress pathways, causing a dysregulation of energy metabolism, protein degradation, and cytoskeleton stability. ..
- Einhorn Z, Trapani J, Liu Q, Nicolson T. Rabconnectin3? promotes stable activity of the H+ pump on synaptic vesicles in hair cells. J Neurosci. 2012;32:11144-56 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that Rbc3? modulates synaptic transmission in hair cells by promoting V-ATPase activity in synaptic vesicles. ..
- Wickstrum J, Sammons L, Restivo K, Hefty P. Conditional gene expression in Chlamydia trachomatis using the tet system. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76743 pubmed publisher..These observations support the strong potential of this molecular tool to enable numerous experimental analyses for a better understanding of the biology and pathogenesis of Chlamydia. ..
- Chen H, Chomyn A, Chan D. Disruption of fusion results in mitochondrial heterogeneity and dysfunction. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26185-92 pubmed..In contrast, fragmentation of mitochondria, without severe loss of fusion, did not result in such cellular defects. Our results showed that key cellular functions decline as mitochondrial fusion is progressively abrogated. ..
- Wu J, Zhou L, Tonissen K, Tee R, Artzt K. The quaking I-5 protein (QKI-5) has a novel nuclear localization signal and shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:29202-10 pubmed..Furthermore, using an interspecies heterokaryon assay, we found that QKI-5, but not another STAR protein ETLE, shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm, which suggests that QKI-5 functions in both cell compartments...
- Tucker K, Berciano M, Jacobs E, LePage D, Shpargel K, Rossire J, et al. Residual Cajal bodies in coilin knockout mice fail to recruit Sm snRNPs and SMN, the spinal muscular atrophy gene product. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:293-307 pubmed
- Clark M, Sexton T, McClain M, Root D, Kohen R, Neumaier J. Overexpression of 5-HT1B receptor in dorsal raphe nucleus using Herpes Simplex Virus gene transfer increases anxiety behavior after inescapable stress. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4550-62 pubmed..Because these tests are sensitive to increases in anxiety-like behavior, our results suggest that overactivity of 5-HT(1B) autoreceptors in DRN neurons may be an important mediator of pathological responses to stressful events. ..
- Chiu C, Jensen K, Sokolova I, Wang D, Li M, Deshpande P, et al. Number, density, and surface/cytoplasmic distribution of GABA transporters at presynaptic structures of knock-in mice carrying GABA transporter subtype 1-green fluorescent protein fusions. J Neurosci. 2002;22:10251-66 pubmed..Knock-in mice carrying GFP fusions of membrane proteins provide quantitative data required for understanding the details of synaptic transmission in living neurons. ..
- Kawasaki F, Zou B, Xu X, Ordway R. Active zone localization of presynaptic calcium channels encoded by the cacophony locus of Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2004;24:282-5 pubmed..These findings are expected to facilitate additional analysis of synaptic development and function in this important model system. ..
- Alvarado D, Rice A, Duffy J. Bipartite inhibition of Drosophila epidermal growth factor receptor by the extracellular and transmembrane domains of Kekkon1. Genetics. 2004;167:187-202 pubmed..Together, our results support a model in which the LRRs of Kek1 in conjunction with its juxta/transmembrane region direct association and inhibition of the Drosophila EGFR through interactions with receptor domain V. ..
- Faulhammer F, Konrad G, Brankatschk B, Tahirovic S, Knödler A, Mayinger P. Cell growth-dependent coordination of lipid signaling and glycosylation is mediated by interactions between Sac1p and Dpm1p. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:185-91 pubmed..Thus, the lipid phosphatase Sac1p may be a key regulator, coordinating the secretory capacity of ER and Golgi membranes in response to growth conditions. ..
- Zhao Z, Fang L, Chen N, Johnsen R, Stein L, Baillie D. Distinct regulatory elements mediate similar expression patterns in the excretory cell of Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38787-94 pubmed..The results indicate that distinct regulatory elements are able to mediate the similar expression patterns. ..
- Broytman O, Westmark P, Gurel Z, Malter J. Rck/p54 interacts with APP mRNA as part of a multi-protein complex and enhances APP mRNA and protein expression in neuronal cell lines. Neurobiol Aging. 2009;30:1962-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mechanism for post-transcriptional regulation of APP mRNA. ..
- Konopka C, Backues S, Bednarek S. Dynamics of Arabidopsis dynamin-related protein 1C and a clathrin light chain at the plasma membrane. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1363-80 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide insight into DRP1 and clathrin dynamics in the plant cell cortex and indicate that the clathrin endocytic machinery in plants has both similarities and striking differences to that in mammalian cells and yeast. ..
- Rivera G, Vasilescu D, Papayannopoulos V, Lim W, Mayer B. A reciprocal interdependence between Nck and PI(4,5)P(2) promotes localized N-WASp-mediated actin polymerization in living cells. Mol Cell. 2009;36:525-35 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a strong reciprocal interdependence between Nck and PI(4,5)P(2) in promoting localized N-WASp-mediated actin polymerization in cells. ..
- Cao Q, He Q, Wang Y, cheng x, Howard R, Zhang Y, et al. Transplantation of ciliary neurotrophic factor-expressing adult oligodendrocyte precursor cells promotes remyelination and functional recovery after spinal cord injury. J Neurosci. 2010;30:2989-3001 pubmed publisher..Thus, combined treatment with OPC grafts expressing CNTF can enhance remyelination and facilitate functional recovery after traumatic SCI. ..
- Bridge D, Theofiles A, Holler R, Marcinkevicius E, Steele R, MartÃnez D. FoxO and stress responses in the cnidarian Hydra vulgaris. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11686 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that basic mechanisms of FoxO regulation arose before the evolution of bilaterians and raise the possibility that FoxO is involved in stress responses of other cnidarian species, including corals. ..
- Young C, Raden D, Caplan J, Czymmek K, Robinson A. Cassette series designed for live-cell imaging of proteins and high-resolution techniques in yeast. Yeast. 2012;29:119-36 pubmed publisher..Our series of cassettes expand the repertoire of molecular tools available to advance targeted spatiotemporal investigations using multiple live-cell, super-resolution or electron microscopy imaging techniques. ..
- Chiu T, Christiansen K, Moreno I, Lao J, Loque D, Orellana A, et al. AtAPY1 and AtAPY2 function as Golgi-localized nucleoside diphosphatases in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:1913-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results reveal that AtAPY1 and AtAPY2 are Golgi-localized nucleotide diphosphatases and are likely to have roles in regulating UDP/GDP concentrations in the Golgi lumen. ..
- Miller R, Rose M. Kar9p is a novel cortical protein required for cytoplasmic microtubule orientation in yeast. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:377-90 pubmed..Nocodazole experiments demonstrated that Kar9p's cortical localization was microtubule independent. We propose that Kar9p is a component of a cortical adaptor complex that orients cytoplasmic microtubules. ..
- Zhang J, Sapp C. Recombination between two identical sequences within the same retroviral RNA molecule. J Virol. 1999;73:5912-7 pubmed..The intermolecular recombination rate between an infectious virus bearing two copies of the 290-bp segment and a noninfectious chimeric RNA virus containing only a single copy of this sequence was also measured. ..
- Kyriakides T, Hartzel T, Huynh G, Bornstein P. Regulation of angiogenesis and matrix remodeling by localized, matrix-mediated antisense gene delivery. Mol Ther. 2001;3:842-9 pubmed..This method of antisense DNA delivery has the potential to improve the performance and life span of implantable delivery devices and biosensors. ..
- Coleman J, Huentelman M, Kasparov S, Metcalfe B, Paton J, Katovich M, et al. Efficient large-scale production and concentration of HIV-1-based lentiviral vectors for use in vivo. Physiol Genomics. 2003;12:221-8 pubmed..The method is reproducible and can be scaled up to facilitate the use of these vectors in animal studies. ..
- O Rourke J, Hiraragi H, Urban K, Patel M, Olsen J, Bunnell B. Analysis of gene transfer and expression in skeletal muscle using enhanced EIAV lentivirus vectors. Mol Ther. 2003;7:632-9 pubmed
- Tseng Rogenski S, Chong J, Thomas C, Enomoto S, Berman J, Chang T. Functional conservation of Dhh1p, a cytoplasmic DExD/H-box protein present in large complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:4995-5002 pubmed..Finally, similar to Ste13p, Dhh1p is required for sporulation in the budding yeast. Taken together, our data provide evidence that the functions of Dhh1p are conserved through evolution. ..
- Mackin N, Sousou T, Erdman S. The PXL1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes a paxillin-like protein functioning in polarized cell growth. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1904-17 pubmed
- Kang P, Angerman E, Nakashima K, Pringle J, Park H. Interactions among Rax1p, Rax2p, Bud8p, and Bud9p in marking cortical sites for bipolar bud-site selection in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5145-57 pubmed..Taken together, the results indicate that Rax1p and Rax2p interact closely with each other and with Bud8p and Bud9p in the establishment and/or maintenance of the cortical landmarks for bipolar budding. ..
- Diamond T, Roshal M, Jamburuthugoda V, Reynolds H, Merriam A, Lee K, et al. Macrophage tropism of HIV-1 depends on efficient cellular dNTP utilization by reverse transcriptase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51545-53 pubmed
- An S, Almers W. Tracking SNARE complex formation in live endocrine cells. Science. 2004;306:1042-6 pubmed..The complex may represent a precursor to the core complex formed during a Ca2+-dependent priming step of exocytosis. ..
- Goodin M, Yelton S, Ghosh D, Mathews S, Lesnaw J. Live-cell imaging of rhabdovirus-induced morphological changes in plant nuclear membranes. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2005;18:703-9 pubmed..This study is the first to use live-cell imaging to characterize the effects of rhabdoviruses on plant nuclear membranes. ..
- Xie L, Boyle D, Sanford D, Scherer P, Pessin J, Mora S. Intracellular trafficking and secretion of adiponectin is dependent on GGA-coated vesicles. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7253-9 pubmed..Interestingly, leptin secretion was unaffected by neither the wild type form or GGA1 mutant. Taken together these data demonstrate that the trafficking of adiponectin through its secretory pathway is dependent on GGA-coated vesicles. ..
- Overstreet Wadiche L, Bromberg D, Bensen A, Westbrook G. Seizures accelerate functional integration of adult-generated granule cells. J Neurosci. 2006;26:4095-103 pubmed..The sensitivity of newborn granule cells to seizures could contribute to hyperexcitability during the latent period. ..
- Lakticova V, Hutton Thomas R, Meyer M, Gurkan E, Rice L. Antibiotic-induced enterococcal expansion in the mouse intestine occurs throughout the small bowel and correlates poorly with suppression of competing flora. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2006;50:3117-23 pubmed..Host or enterococcal factors induced by exposures to certain antibiotics may play a role in facilitating E. faecium colonization of the mammalian gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Peters J, Dufner Beattie J, Xu W, Geiser J, Lahner B, Salt D, et al. Targeting of the mouse Slc39a2 (Zip2) gene reveals highly cell-specific patterns of expression, and unique functions in zinc, iron, and calcium homeostasis. Genesis. 2007;45:339-52 pubmed..These studies further reveal novel interactions between zinc transporter function and the homeostasis of other essential metals. ..
- Sato E, Shick H, Ransohoff R, Hirose K. Repopulation of cochlear macrophages in murine hematopoietic progenitor cell chimeras: the role of CX3CR1. J Comp Neurol. 2008;506:930-42 pubmed..Furthermore, CX3CR1 in hematopoietic precursors is not necessary for macrophage migration into cochlea and when deleted in this cell population, the absence of CX3CR1 does not substantially effect the outcomes after noise. ..
- Cheng H, Govindan J, Greenstein D. Regulated trafficking of the MSP/Eph receptor during oocyte meiotic maturation in C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2008;18:705-714 pubmed publisher..elegans. Eph receptor trafficking in other systems may be influenced by the conserved proteins DAB-1/Disabled and RAN-1 and by crosstalk with G protein signaling in neighboring cells. ..
- Shen W, Zhong H, Neff D, Norton M. NTA directed protein nanopatterning on DNA Origami nanoconstructs. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:6660-1 pubmed publisher..Particularly, enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) was directed to specific surface locations on a designed DNA Origami nanoconstruct, and the resulting EGFP nanopattern was visualized using atomic force microscopy (AFM). ..
- Gupta M, Papay R, Jurgens C, Gaivin R, Shi T, Doze V, et al. alpha1-Adrenergic receptors regulate neurogenesis and gliogenesis. Mol Pharmacol. 2009;76:314-26 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that alpha(1)-adrenergic receptors can regulate both neurogenesis and gliogenesis that may be developmentally dependent. Our findings may lead to new therapies to treat neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Halford W, Püschel R, Gershburg E, Wilber A, Gershburg S, Rakowski B. A live-attenuated HSV-2 ICP0 virus elicits 10 to 100 times greater protection against genital herpes than a glycoprotein D subunit vaccine. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17748 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that a HSV-2 vaccine might be more likely to prevent genital herpes if it contained a live-attenuated HSV-2 virus rather than a single HSV-2 protein...
- Salcedo E, Tran T, Ly X, Lopez R, Barbica C, Restrepo D, et al. Activity-dependent changes in cholinergic innervation of the mouse olfactory bulb. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25441 pubmed publisher..In contrast to previous reports, we find a marked change in the pattern of cholinergic innervation to the GL following unilateral naris occlusion between the ipsilateral and contralateral bulbs in adult animals. ..
- Manier M, Lüpold S, Belote J, Starmer W, Berben K, Ala Honkola O, et al. Postcopulatory sexual selection generates speciation phenotypes in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1853-62 pubmed publisher..This experimental approach to "speciation phenotypes" illustrates how knowledge of sperm precedence mechanisms can be used to predict the mechanisms and extent of reproductive isolation between populations and species. ..
- Takano T, He W, Han X, Wang F, Xu Q, Wang X, et al. Rapid manifestation of reactive astrogliosis in acute hippocampal brain slices. Glia. 2014;62:78-95 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the functional properties and the fine structure of astrocytes in slices may be reflective of early stages of reactive gliosis and should be confirmed in vivo when possible. ..
- Liu P, Ping Y, Ma M, Zhang D, Liu C, Zaidi S, et al. Anabolic actions of Notch on mature bone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2152-61 pubmed publisher..We suggest that stimulation of Notch signaling in osteocytes initiates a profound, therapeutically relevant, anabolic response. ..
- Dombek K, Voronkova V, Raney A, Young E. Functional analysis of the yeast Glc7-binding protein Reg1 identifies a protein phosphatase type 1-binding motif as essential for repression of ADH2 expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6029-40 pubmed..This implies that the activated form of the Snf1 kinase complex must cycle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. ..
- D Apuzzo M, Mandolesi G, Reis G, Schuman E. Abundant GFP expression and LTP in hippocampal acute slices by in vivo injection of sindbis virus. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:1037-42 pubmed..We propose this technique as an efficient tool for studying gene function in adult hippocampal neurons. ..
- Nehrke K, Melvin J. The NHX family of Na+-H+ exchangers in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29036-44 pubmed..NHX-4 has a K(a) for Na+ of approximately 32 mm, is not Cl- -dependent, and is relatively insensitive to the amiloride analog EIPA. ..
- Gentry M, Hallberg R. Localization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein phosphatase 2A subunits throughout mitotic cell cycle. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3477-92 pubmed..Although Rts1p and Tpd3p required heterotrimer formation to achieve normal localization, Cdc55p achieved its normal localization in the absence of either an A or C subunit. ..
- Hillyer J, Schmidt S, Christensen B. Rapid phagocytosis and melanization of bacteria and Plasmodium sporozoites by hemocytes of the mosquito Aedes aegypti. J Parasitol. 2003;89:62-9 pubmed..The magnitude and speed of the cellular response suggest that hemocytes, acting in concert with the humoral immune response, are the main force driving the battle against foreign invaders. ..
- Lorincz M, Dickerson D, Schmitt M, Groudine M. Intragenic DNA methylation alters chromatin structure and elongation efficiency in mammalian cells. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:1068-75 pubmed..As the methylated region adopts a closed chromatin structure in vivo, we propose that dense intragenic DNA methylation in mammalian cells initiates formation of a chromatin structure that reduces the efficiency of Pol II elongation. ..
- Seufert D, Prescott N, El Hodiri H. Xenopus aristaless-related homeobox (xARX) gene product functions as both a transcriptional activator and repressor in forebrain development. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:313-24 pubmed..These results suggest that Arx acts as a bifunctional transcriptional regulator in brain development. ..
- Roy I, Ohulchanskyy T, Bharali D, Pudavar H, Mistretta R, Kaur N, et al. Optical tracking of organically modified silica nanoparticles as DNA carriers: a nonviral, nanomedicine approach for gene delivery. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:279-84 pubmed
- Itoh S, Lemay S, Osawa M, Che W, Duan Y, Tompkins A, et al. Mitochondrial Dok-4 recruits Src kinase and regulates NF-kappaB activation in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26383-96 pubmed..These data suggest a role for mitochondrial Dok-4 as an anchoring molecule for the tyrosine kinase c-Src, and in turn as a regulator of TNF-alpha-mediated ROS production and NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Overstreet Wadiche L, Bromberg D, Bensen A, Westbrook G. GABAergic signaling to newborn neurons in dentate gyrus. J Neurophysiol. 2005;94:4528-32 pubmed..Our results indicate that newborn granule cells initially receive only GABAergic synapses even in the adult. ..
- Patel S, Brkljacic J, Gindullis F, Rose A, Meier I. The plant nuclear envelope protein MAF1 has an additional location at the Golgi and binds to a novel Golgi-associated coiled-coil protein. Planta. 2005;222:1028-40 pubmed..Like LeMAF1, LeWAP is localized at the Golgi. Moreover, we present data showing that Arabidopsis WAP is necessary for the existence of a multi-protein complex containing WPP2. ..
- Chun W, Johnson G. Activation of glycogen synthase kinase 3beta promotes the intermolecular association of tau. The use of fluorescence resonance energy transfer microscopy. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23410-7 pubmed..These data imply that increased association of tau should not be regarded as a direct indicator of the formation of insoluble tau aggregates. ..
- Chang Y, Wesenberg G, Bingman C, Fox B. In vivo inactivation of the mycobacterial integral membrane stearoyl coenzyme A desaturase DesA3 by a C-terminus-specific degradation process. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:6686-96 pubmed publisher..Among these, an annotation is known for less than half, underscoring a general lack of understanding of proteins that have only temporal existence in a cell. ..
- Miller M, Kangas C, Macklin W. Neuronal expression of the proteolipid protein gene in the medulla of the mouse. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2842-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, Plp expression in the mouse caudal medulla was found to be developmentally regulated and restricted to specific groups of neurons. ..
- Maye P, Fu Y, Butler D, Chokalingam K, Liu Y, Floret J, et al. Generation and characterization of Col10a1-mcherry reporter mice. Genesis. 2011;49:410-8 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of long bones at birth suggests that residual hypertrophic chondrocytes and osteoblasts in the trabecular zone exist as two completely distinct cell populations. genesis 49:410-418, 2011. ..
- Burton N, Burkhart K, Kennedy S. Nuclear RNAi maintains heritable gene silencing in Caenorhabditis elegans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:19683-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that siRNA expression is heritable in C. elegans and define an RNAi pathway that promotes the maintenance of RNAi silencing and siRNA expression in the progeny of animals exposed to dsRNA. ..
- Reed B, Blazeck J, Alper H. Evolution of an alkane-inducible biosensor for increased responsiveness to short-chain alkanes. J Biotechnol. 2012;158:75-9 pubmed publisher..This work represents the first evolution of a synthetic biosensor system for alkanes. ..
- Umazume K, Barak Y, McDonald K, Liu L, Kaplan H, Tamiya S. Proliferative vitreoretinopathy in the Swine-a new model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:4910-6 pubmed publisher..GFP+ RPE cells injected into the vitreous cavity formed contractile membranes on the inner retinal surface and caused localized traction retinal detachments. ..