Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on golgi apparatus in Germany
Topic: golgi apparatus
Publications166 found, 100 shown here
- Eckhardt M, Muhlenhoff M, Bethe A, Gerardy Schahn R. Expression cloning of the Golgi CMP-sialic acid transporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7572-6 pubmed..Our results, together with the observation that the cloned gene shares structural similarities to other recently cloned transporter proteins, strongly suggest that the isolated cDNA encodes the CMP-sialic acid transporter. ..
- Yang X, Matern H, Gallwitz D. Specific binding to a novel and essential Golgi membrane protein (Yip1p) functionally links the transport GTPases Ypt1p and Ypt31p. EMBO J. 1998;17:4954-63 pubmed..The results suggests for a role for Yip1p in recruiting the two GTPases to Golgi target membranes in preparation for fusion. ..
- Faust M, Jung M, Gunther J, Zimmermann R, Montenarh M. Localization of individual subunits of protein kinase CK2 to the endoplasmic reticulum and to the Golgi apparatus. Mol Cell Biochem. 2001;227:73-80 pubmed
- Shen Y, Tiralongo J, Kohla G, Schauer R. Regulation of sialic acid O-acetylation in human colon mucosa. Biol Chem. 2004;385:145-52 pubmed
- Wruck C, Funke Kaiser H, Pufe T, Kusserow H, Menk M, Schefe J, et al. Regulation of transport of the angiotensin AT2 receptor by a novel membrane-associated Golgi protein. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:57-64 pubmed..Our results indicate that ATBP50 regulates the transport of the AT2R to cell membrane by binding to a specific motif within its cytoplasmic carboxy-terminal and thereby enabling the antiproliferative effects of the receptor. ..
- Gorgas K, Teigler A, Komljenovic D, Just W. The ether lipid-deficient mouse: tracking down plasmalogen functions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1763:1511-26 pubmed..The role plasmalogens might play in the pathology of these disorders is discussed. ..
- Langhans M, Robinson D. 1-Butanol targets the Golgi apparatus in tobacco BY-2 cells, but in a different way to Brefeldin A. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:3439-47 pubmed..Thus, although both inhibitors had the Golgi apparatus as their principle cytological target and both interfere with coatomer attachment, they differ in their ability to induce an interaction with the ER...
- Rybakin V, Rastetter R, Stumpf M, Uetrecht A, Bear J, Noegel A, et al. Molecular mechanism underlying the association of Coronin-7 with Golgi membranes. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:2419-30 pubmed publisher..We propose a mechanism whereby sequential events of protein interaction and posttranslational modification result in the membrane targeting of Crn7. ..
- Cramm Behrens C, Dienst M, Jacob R. Apical cargo traverses endosomal compartments on the passage to the cell surface. Traffic. 2008;9:2206-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in epithelial cells, lipid raft-dependent and -independent apical cargo follow a transendosomal route. ..
- Dafinger C, Liebau M, Elsayed S, Hellenbroich Y, Boltshauser E, Korenke G, et al. Mutations in KIF7 link Joubert syndrome with Sonic Hedgehog signaling and microtubule dynamics. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2662-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that modified microtubule stability and growth direction caused by loss of KIF7 function may be an underlying disease mechanism contributing to JBTS. ..
- Lerich A, Langhans M, Sturm S, Robinson D. Is the 6 kDa tobacco etch viral protein a bona fide ERES marker?. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:5013-23 pubmed publisher..However, based on a consideration of the structure of its cytoplasmic tail, the scenario that the VP collects at ERES and is transported to the cis-Golgi before being recycled back to the ER, is supported. ..
- Mikhaylova M, Bera S, Kobler O, Frischknecht R, Kreutz M. A Dendritic Golgi Satellite between ERGIC and Retromer. Cell Rep. 2016;14:189-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, the presence of an ER-ERGIC-GS-retromer microsecretory system in all neuronal dendrites enables autonomous local control of transmembrane protein synthesis and processing. ..
- Blum R, Pfeiffer F, Feick P, Nastainczyk W, Kohler B, Schafer K, et al. Intracellular localization and in vivo trafficking of p24A and p23. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 4):537-48 pubmed..This study therefore gives new insights into the localization and trafficking behavior of the two COPI-binding proteins p24A and p23. ..
- Kreykenbohm V, Wenzel D, Antonin W, Atlachkine V, von Mollard G. The SNAREs vti1a and vti1b have distinct localization and SNARE complex partners. Eur J Cell Biol. 2002;81:273-80 pubmed..Therefore, this SNARE complex may have a role in synaptic vesicle biogenesis or recycling...
- Medigeshi G, Krikunova M, Radhakrishnan K, Wenzel D, Klingauf J, Schu P. AP-1 membrane-cytoplasm recycling regulated by mu1A-adaptin. Traffic. 2008;9:121-32 pubmed..None of the proteins known to influence AP-1 membrane recycling bound to this micro1A domain, indicating the regulation of AP-1 membrane-cytoplasm recycling by an yet unidentified cytoplasmic protein. ..
- Demmel L, Beck M, Klose C, Schlaitz A, Gloor Y, Hsu P, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of the Golgi phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase Pik1 is regulated by 14-3-3 proteins and coordinates Golgi function with cell growth. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1046-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role of Pik1p nucleocytoplasmic shuttling in coordination of biosynthetic transport from the Golgi with nutrient signaling. ..
- Weide T, Koster M, Barnekow A. Inactive and active mutants of rab1b are not tightly integrated into target membranes. Int J Oncol. 1999;15:727-36 pubmed..Surprisingly, only the rab1b wild-type protein shows the correct intracellular localization, and a tight membrane association. We conclude that the targeting process of rab1b depends predominantly on GDP/GTP exchange. ..
- Ossipov D, Schröder Köhne S, Schmitt H. Yeast ER-Golgi v-SNAREs Bos1p and Bet1p differ in steady-state localization and targeting. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 22):4135-42 pubmed..Bet1-alpha is an early Golgi protein and it does not change its localization under conditions when other recycling Golgi proteins can be trapped in the ER. ..
- Busch E, Hohenester E, Timpl R, Paulsson M, Maurer P. Calcium affinity, cooperativity, and domain interactions of extracellular EF-hands present in BM-40. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:25508-15 pubmed..This points to a function of EF-hands in extracellular proteins during biosynthesis and processing in the endoplasmic reticulum or Golgi apparatus. ..
- Spielhaupter C, Schätzl H. PrPC directly interacts with proteins involved in signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44604-12 pubmed..The binding regions were mapped using truncated PrP constructs. As both synapsin Ib and Grb2 are implicated in neuronal signaling processes, our findings further strengthen the putative role of the prion protein in signal transduction. ..
- Wedlich Soldner R, Schulz I, Straube A, Steinberg G. Dynein supports motility of endoplasmic reticulum in the fungus Ustilago maydis. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:965-77 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a role of cytoplasmic dynein and microtubules in motility, but not peripheral localization of the ER in U. maydis. ..
- Grünfelder C, Engstler M, Weise F, Schwarz H, Stierhof Y, Morgan G, et al. Endocytosis of a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored protein via clathrin-coated vesicles, sorting by default in endosomes, and exocytosis via RAB11-positive carriers. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:2029-40 pubmed
- Stawowy P, Margeta C, Kallisch H, Seidah N, Chretien M, Fleck E, et al. Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase MT1-MMP/MMP-2 in cardiac fibroblasts by TGF-beta1 involves furin-convertase. Cardiovasc Res. 2004;63:87-97 pubmed..Thus, furin is central for TGF-beta1 and MT1-MMP activation and might be a novel target in cardiac remodeling. ..
- Astanina K, Jacob R. KIF5C, a kinesin motor involved in apical trafficking of MDCK cells. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1331-42 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that KIF5C is involved in the passage of apical cargo molecules to a post-Golgi endosomal compartment, where further segregation into distinct vesicle populations proceeds. ..
- Hieronimus B, Pfohl J, Busch C, Graeve L. Expression and Characterization of Membrane-Type 4 Matrix Metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) and its Different Forms in Melanoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:198-210 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the novel expression of MT4-MMP in melanocytic tissues and propose a precursor/product-relationship of the different forms of MT4-MMP in melanoma cells. ..
- Schmitz F, Wallis K, Rho M, Drenckhahn D, Murphy D. Intracellular distribution of kinesin in chromaffin cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 1994;63:77-83 pubmed..Since these organelles are compartments with high membrane turnover, we speculate that kinesin might be involved in certain aspects of trafficking of these membrane systems. ..
- Robinson D, Hinz G, Holstein S. The molecular characterization of transport vesicles. Plant Mol Biol. 1998;38:49-76 pubmed..In addition, we briefly review the evidence in support of the 'SNARE' hypothesis, which explains how vesicles find and fuse with their target membrane. ..
- Toomre D, Steyer J, Keller P, Almers W, Simons K. Fusion of constitutive membrane traffic with the cell surface observed by evanescent wave microscopy. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:33-40 pubmed
- Thai T, Rodemer C, Jauch A, Hunziker A, Moser A, Gorgas K, et al. Impaired membrane traffic in defective ether lipid biosynthesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:127-36 pubmed..The data suggest that plasmalogens, analogous to cholesterol, are essential for correct membrane functioning and their deficiency results in impaired membrane trafficking...
- Reiss M, Viebig N, Brecht S, Fourmaux M, Soete M, Di Cristina M, et al. Identification and characterization of an escorter for two secretory adhesins in Toxoplasma gondii. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:563-78 pubmed..We hypothesize that during invasion, MIC6 along with adhesins establishes a bridge between the host cell and the parasite. ..
- Short B, Preisinger C, Korner R, Kopajtich R, Byron O, Barr F. A GRASP55-rab2 effector complex linking Golgi structure to membrane traffic. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:877-83 pubmed..These results demonstrate that GRASP55 and golgin-45 form a rab2 effector complex on medial-Golgi essential for normal protein transport and Golgi structure. ..
- Peng R, Gallwitz D. Sly1 protein bound to Golgi syntaxin Sed5p allows assembly and contributes to specificity of SNARE fusion complexes. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:645-55 pubmed..This indicates for the first time that a Sec1 family member contributes to the specificity of SNARE complex assembly. ..
- Aschrafi A, Franzen R, Shabahang S, Fabbro D, Pfeilschifter J, Huwiler A. Ceramide induces translocation of protein kinase C-alpha to the Golgi compartment of human embryonic kidney cells by interacting with the C2 domain. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1634:30-9 pubmed..In summary, our data provide evidence that ceramide either directly or indirectly interacts with the Ca(2+)-dependent lipid binding C2 domain of PKCalpha and thereby induces translocation of the enzyme to the Golgi compartment. ..
- Mettenleiter T, Klupp B, Granzow H. Herpesvirus assembly: a tale of two membranes. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2006;9:423-9 pubmed..Thus, herpesvirus morphogenesis proceeds in two different cellular compartments, involving different viral and cellular proteins. ..
- Schulze S, Kay S, Büttner D, Egler M, Eschen Lippold L, Hause G, et al. Analysis of new type III effectors from Xanthomonas uncovers XopB and XopS as suppressors of plant immunity. New Phytol. 2012;195:894-911 pubmed publisher..This suggests that XopB-mediated suppression of PTI and ETI is dependent on different mechanisms that can be functionally separated. ..
- Heindel U, Schmidt M, Veit M. Palmitoylation sites and processing of synaptotagmin I, the putative calcium sensor for neurosecretion. FEBS Lett. 2003;544:57-62 pubmed..No significant cleavage of [(3)H]palmitate from synaptotagmin was observed in pulse-chase experiments. This indicates that the majority of fatty acids are structural rather than dynamic components. ..
- Eckhardt M, Gerardy Schahn R. Molecular cloning of the hamster CMP-sialic acid transporter. Eur J Biochem. 1997;248:187-92 pubmed..A computer-based structural analysis of CMP-Sia-Tr proposes an eight transmembrane helix model with the N- and C-termini located on the cytosolic side of the Golgi membrane...
- Wilsch Bräuninger M, Schwarz H, Nusslein Volhard C. A sponge-like structure involved in the association and transport of maternal products during Drosophila oogenesis. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:817-29 pubmed..We propose that the sponge bodies are structures that, by assembly and transport of included molecules or associated structures, are involved in localization of mRNAs in Drosophila oocytes. ..
- Pepperkok R, Whitney J, Gomez M, Kreis T. COPI vesicles accumulating in the presence of a GTP restricted arf1 mutant are depleted of anterograde and retrograde cargo. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 1):135-44 pubmed
- Rehberg M, Kleylein Sohn J, Faix J, Ho T, Schulz I, Gräf R. Dictyostelium LIS1 is a centrosomal protein required for microtubule/cell cortex interactions, nucleus/centrosome linkage, and actin dynamics. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2759-71 pubmed
- Mescalchin A, Detzer A, Wecke M, Overhoff M, Wunsche W, Sczakiel G. Cellular uptake and intracellular release are major obstacles to the therapeutic application of siRNA: novel options by phosphorothioate-stimulated delivery. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2007;7:1531-8 pubmed..Therefore, it represents an attractive alternative to study whether promoted intracellular release is related to increased target suppression and, thus, increased phenotypic biologic effectiveness. ..
- Hartmann T, Bieger S, Brühl B, Tienari P, Ida N, Allsop D, et al. Distinct sites of intracellular production for Alzheimer's disease A beta40/42 amyloid peptides. Nat Med. 1997;3:1016-20 pubmed..We suggest that the earliest event taking place in AD might be the generation of A beta(1-42) in the ER. ..
- Hassel B, Schreff M, Stube E, Blaich U, Schumacher S. CALEB/NGC interacts with the Golgi-associated protein PIST. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40136-43 pubmed
- Luhn K, Laskowska A, Pielage J, Klämbt C, Ipe U, Vestweber D, et al. Identification and molecular cloning of a functional GDP-fucose transporter in Drosophila melanogaster. Exp Cell Res. 2004;301:242-50 pubmed..This study gives experimental proof that the product of the in silico identified Drosophila gene CG9620 serves as a functional GDP-fucose transporter. ..
- Wenzel D, Schauermann G, von Lüpke A, Hinz G. The cargo in vacuolar storage protein transport vesicles is stratified. Traffic. 2005;6:45-55 pubmed..This observation is discussed with respect to a putative receptor-mediated sorting of the proteins into the dense vesicles. ..
- Sun Z, Anderl F, Fröhlich K, Zhao L, Hanke S, Brugger B, et al. Multiple and stepwise interactions between coatomer and ADP-ribosylation factor-1 (Arf1)-GTP. Traffic. 2007;8:582-93 pubmed..These interactions are located within the core, adaptor-like domain of coatomer, indicating an organizational similarity between the COP I coat and clathrin adaptor complexes. ..
- Jaschke A, Chung B, Hesse D, Kluge R, Zahn C, Moser M, et al. The GTPase ARFRP1 controls the lipidation of chylomicrons in the Golgi of the intestinal epithelium. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:3128-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, the GTPase ARFRP1 and its downstream proteins are required for the lipidation of chylo-microns and the assembly of ApoA-I to these particles in the Golgi of intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Hassler S, Lemke L, Jung B, Möhlmann T, Krüger F, Schumacher K, et al. Lack of the Golgi phosphate transporter PHT4;6 causes strong developmental defects, constitutively activated disease resistance mechanisms and altered intracellular phosphate compartmentation in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2012;72:732-44 pubmed publisher..We propose that impaired Pi efflux from the trans-Golgi lumen results in accumulation of inorganic phosphate in other internal compartments, leading to low cytoplasmic phosphate levels with detrimental effects on plant performance. ..
- Yaghootfam A, Sorkalla T, Häberlein H, Gieselmann V, Kappler J, Eckhardt M. Cerebroside sulfotransferase forms homodimers in living cells. Biochemistry. 2007;46:9260-9 pubmed..In contrast to full-length CST, a fusion protein of the amino-terminal 36 amino acids of CST fused to EGFP was exclusively found as a monomer but nevertheless showed Golgi localization. ..
- Detzer A, Overhoff M, Mescalchin A, Rompf M, Sczakiel G. Phosphorothioate-stimulated cellular uptake of siRNA: a cell culture model for mechanistic studies. Curr Pharm Des. 2008;14:3666-73 pubmed
- Stenbeck G, Schreiner R, Herrmann D, Auerbach S, Lottspeich F, Rothman J, et al. Gamma-COP, a coat subunit of non-clathrin-coated vesicles with homology to Sec21p. FEBS Lett. 1992;314:195-8 pubmed
- Heine C, Koch B, Storch S, Kohlschütter A, Palmer D, Braulke T. Defective endoplasmic reticulum-resident membrane protein CLN6 affects lysosomal degradation of endocytosed arylsulfatase A. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:22347-52 pubmed..These data suggest that defects in the ER-resident CLN6 protein lead to lysosomal dysfunctions, which may result in lysosomal accumulation of storage material. ..
- Jung E, Fucini P, Stewart M, Noegel A, Schleicher M. Linking microfilaments to intracellular membranes: the actin-binding and vesicle-associated protein comitin exhibits a mannose-specific lectin activity. EMBO J. 1996;15:1238-46 pubmed..discoideum, and comitin can be released from membranes with mannose. Our data indicate that comitin binds to vesicle membranes via mannose residues and, by way of its interaction with actin, links these membranes to the cytoskeleton. ..
- De Antoni A, Schmitzová J, Trepte H, Gallwitz D, Albert S. Significance of GTP hydrolysis in Ypt1p-regulated endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi transport revealed by the analysis of two novel Ypt1-GAPs. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41023-31 pubmed..The data indicate that hydrolysis of Ypt1p-bound GTP is a prerequisite for a balanced vesicle flow between endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi compartments. ..
- Schneider Brachert W, Tchikov V, Neumeyer J, Jakob M, Winoto Morbach S, Held Feindt J, et al. Compartmentalization of TNF receptor 1 signaling: internalized TNF receptosomes as death signaling vesicles. Immunity. 2004;21:415-28 pubmed..Thus, TNF receptosomes establish the different TNF signaling pathways by compartmentalization of plasma membrane-derived endocytic vesicles harboring the TNF-R1-associated DISC. ..
- Nesselhut J, Jurgan U, Onken E, Gotz H, Barnikol H, Hirschfeld G, et al. Golgi retention of human protein NEFA is mediated by its N-terminal Leu/Ile-rich region. FEBS Lett. 2001;509:469-75 pubmed..The peptide sequence within the Leu/Ile-rich region is discussed as a novel Golgi retention motif. ..
- Wiegand V, Chang T, Strauss J, Fahrenholz F, Gimpl G. Transport of plasma membrane-derived cholesterol and the function of Niemann-Pick C1 Protein. FASEB J. 2003;17:782-4 pubmed..Our data show that NPC1 has an essential role in the distribution of plasma membrane-derived cholesterol by maintaining the small size of cholesterol-containing lipid droplets in the cell. ..
- Nickel W, Seedorf M. Unconventional mechanisms of protein transport to the cell surface of eukaryotic cells. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2008;24:287-308 pubmed publisher..We then discuss soluble secretory proteins that are secreted from cells without any involvement of the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Konrad G, Schlecker T, Faulhammer F, Mayinger P. Retention of the yeast Sac1p phosphatase in the endoplasmic reticulum causes distinct changes in cellular phosphoinositide levels and stimulates microsomal ATP transport. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10547-54 pubmed..Taken together this study provides evidence that Sac1p is an important 4-phosphatase in the ER controlling different aspects of ER-based protein processing and secretion. ..
- Forster E, Tielsch A, Saum B, Weiss K, Johanssen C, Graus Porta D, et al. Reelin, Disabled 1, and beta 1 integrins are required for the formation of the radial glial scaffold in the hippocampus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13178-83 pubmed..Moreover, recombinant Reelin induced branching of glial processes in vitro. Our data suggest that Reelin affects glial differentiation via Disabled 1 and beta(1)-class integrin-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Spang A. ARF1 regulatory factors and COPI vesicle formation. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2002;14:423-7 pubmed
- Young J, Stauber T, del Nery E, Vernos I, Pepperkok R, Nilsson T. Regulation of microtubule-dependent recycling at the trans-Golgi network by Rab6A and Rab6A'. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:162-77 pubmed..Together, this suggests that a recycling pathway operates at the level of the trans-Golgi linking directly to the ER. This pathway would be the preferred route for both toxins and resident Golgi proteins. ..
- Liebau M, Höpker K, Müller R, Schmedding I, Zank S, Schairer B, et al. Nephrocystin-4 regulates Pyk2-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of nephrocystin-1 to control targeting to monocilia. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14237-45 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest that NPHP4 acts upstream of NPHP1 in a common pathway and support the concept of a role for nephrocystin proteins in intracellular vesicular transport. ..
- Stenbeck G, Harter C, Brecht A, Herrmann D, Lottspeich F, Orci L, et al. beta'-COP, a novel subunit of coatomer. EMBO J. 1993;12:2841-5 pubmed..This subunit occurs in amounts stoichiometric to the established COPs both in the coatomer and in nonclathrin-coated vesicles and shows homology to the beta-subunits of trimeric G proteins. ..
- Steegmaier M, Borges E, Berger J, Schwarz H, Vestweber D. The E-selectin-ligand ESL-1 is located in the Golgi as well as on microvilli on the cell surface. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 6):687-94 pubmed..These data indicate that ESL-1 occurs at sites on the leukocyte cell surface which are destined for the initiation of cell contacts to the endothelium. ..
- Le Bot N, Antony C, White J, Karsenti E, Vernos I. Role of xklp3, a subunit of the Xenopus kinesin II heterotrimeric complex, in membrane transport between the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi apparatus. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1559-73 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Xklp3 is involved in the transport of tubular-vesicular elements between the ER and the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Hetzer M, Meyer H, Walther T, Bilbao Cortes D, Warren G, Mattaj I. Distinct AAA-ATPase p97 complexes function in discrete steps of nuclear assembly. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:1086-91 pubmed..Subsequent NE growth involves a p97-p47 complex. This study provides the first insights into the molecular mechanisms and specificity of fusion events involved in NE formation. ..
- Spilker C, Braunewell K. Calcium-myristoyl switch, subcellular localization, and calcium-dependent translocation of the neuronal calcium sensor protein VILIP-3, and comparison with VILIP-1 in hippocampal neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:766-78 pubmed..Thus, VILIPs co-expressed in the same neuron show clear differences in calcium-dependent localization which may allow neurons a highly selective response to various calcium stimuli. ..
- Sumakovic M, Hegermann J, Luo L, Husson S, Schwarze K, Olendrowitz C, et al. UNC-108/RAB-2 and its effector RIC-19 are involved in dense core vesicle maturation in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:897-914 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that RAB-2 and its effector RIC-19 are required for neuronal DCV maturation. ..
- Springer H, Schramm M, Taylor G, Howard J. Irgm1 (LRG-47), a regulator of cell-autonomous immunity, does not localize to mycobacterial or listerial phagosomes in IFN-?-induced mouse cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:1765-74 pubmed publisher..We discuss these findings in the context of evidence that Irgm1 functions as a negative regulator of other members of the immunity-related GTPase protein family. ..
- Wild M, Luhn K, Marquardt T, Vestweber D. Leukocyte adhesion deficiency II: therapy and genetic defect. Cells Tissues Organs. 2002;172:161-73 pubmed..Thus, LAD II represents the first developmental and immune defect that is based on a malfunctioning nucleotide sugar transporter...
- Andersen O, Reiche J, Schmidt V, Gotthardt M, Spoelgen R, Behlke J, et al. Neuronal sorting protein-related receptor sorLA/LR11 regulates processing of the amyloid precursor protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13461-6 pubmed..Consequently, reduced receptor expression in the human brain may increase Abeta production and plaque formation and promote spontaneous AD. ..
- Hannemann M, Sasidharan N, Hegermann J, Kutscher L, Koenig S, Eimer S. TBC-8, a putative RAB-2 GAP, regulates dense core vesicle maturation in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002722 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that a dynamic ON/OFF cycling of RAB-2 at the Golgi induced by the GAP/effector complex is required for proper DCV maturation. ..
- Ballensiefen W, Ossipov D, Schmitt H. Recycling of the yeast v-SNARE Sec22p involves COPI-proteins and the ER transmembrane proteins Ufe1p and Sec20p. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 11):1507-20 pubmed..These results show consistently that Sec22p recycles from the Golgi back to the ER and that this recycling involves retrograde COPI vesicles. ..
- Peng R, Grabowski R, De Antoni A, Gallwitz D. Specific interaction of the yeast cis-Golgi syntaxin Sed5p and the coat protein complex II component Sec24p of endoplasmic reticulum-derived transport vesicles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:3751-6 pubmed..Sec24p/Sed5p binding might be relevant for cargo selection during transport-vesicle formation and/or for vesicle targeting to the cis-Golgi. ..
- Stolle K, Schnoor M, Fuellen G, Spitzer M, Engel T, Spener F, et al. Cloning, cellular localization, genomic organization, and tissue-specific expression of the TGFbeta1-inducible SMAP-5 gene. Gene. 2005;351:119-30 pubmed
- Buffa L, Fuchs E, Pietropaolo M, Barr F, Solimena M. ICA69 is a novel Rab2 effector regulating ER-Golgi trafficking in insulinoma cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:197-209 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify ICA69 as a novel Rab2 effector and point to its role in regulating the early transport of insulin secretory granule proteins. ..
- Gutwein P, Mechtersheimer S, Riedle S, Stoeck A, Gast D, Joumaa S, et al. ADAM10-mediated cleavage of L1 adhesion molecule at the cell surface and in released membrane vesicles. FASEB J. 2003;17:292-4 pubmed..The findings establish a novel role for ADAM10 as a vesicle-based protease. ..
- Schreiner T, Mohrs M, Blau Wasser R, von Krempelhuber A, Steinert M, Schleicher M, et al. Loss of the F-actin binding and vesicle-associated protein comitin leads to a phagocytosis defect. Eukaryot Cell. 2002;1:906-14 pubmed..The redistribution of comitin during hyperosmotic shock in wild-type cells and its presence on early phagosomes suggest a direct involvement of comitin in these processes. ..
- Veit G, Zimina E, Franzke C, Kutsch S, Siebolds U, Gordon M, et al. Shedding of collagen XXIII is mediated by furin and depends on the plasma membrane microenvironment. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:27424-35 pubmed..These mechanisms allow the cell to regulate the amounts of cell surface-bound and secreted collagen XXIII. ..
- Zeitlmann L, Sirim P, Kremmer E, Kolanus W. Cloning of ACP33 as a novel intracellular ligand of CD4. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9123-32 pubmed..This suggests a previously unrecognized function for alpha/beta hydrolase fold domains as a peptide binding module mediating protein-protein interactions. ..
- Happel N, Honing S, Neuhaus J, Paris N, Robinson D, Holstein S. Arabidopsis mu A-adaptin interacts with the tyrosine motif of the vacuolar sorting receptor VSR-PS1. Plant J. 2004;37:678-93 pubmed..The trans-Golgi localization of the mu A-adaptin strongly suggests its involvement in Golgi- to vacuole-trafficking events. ..
- Pröpsting M, Kanapin H, Jacob R, Naim H. A phenylalanine-based folding determinant in intestinal sucrase-isomaltase that functions in the context of a quality control mechanism beyond the endoplasmic reticulum. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2775-84 pubmed
- Pollin R, Granzow H, Köllner B, Conzelmann K, Finke S. Membrane and inclusion body targeting of lyssavirus matrix proteins. Cell Microbiol. 2013;15:200-12 pubmed publisher..The data strongly support a model in which targeting of lyssavirus M proteins to distinctintracellular sites is a key determinant of diverse features in lyssavirus replication, host adaptation and pathogenesis. ..
- Ben Halima S, Mishra S, Raja K, Willem M, Baici A, Simons K, et al. Specific Inhibition of Î²-Secretase Processing of the Alzheimer Disease Amyloid Precursor Protein. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2127-2141 pubmed publisher..secretase inhibitors can be designed to specifically inhibit the Alzheimer process, enhancing their potential as AD therapeutics without undesired side effects. ..
- Short B, Barr F. Membrane traffic: a glitch in the Golgi matrix. Curr Biol. 2003;13:R311-3 pubmed..This model is brought into question by new evidence that two golgins, GM130 and golgin-84, contribute to but are not essential for protein transport and Golgi structure. ..
- Barr F, Egerer J. Golgi positioning: are we looking at the right MAP?. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:993-8 pubmed..As such, the interesting question of how the Golgi interacts with MTs may well remain open to further investigation. ..
- Hebestreit P, Weng A, Bachran C, Fuchs H, Melzig M. Enhancement of cytotoxicity of lectins by Saponinum album. Toxicon. 2006;47:330-5 pubmed..The toxicity of other peptidic toxins was only slightly enhanced by the saponins indicating a specific interaction between lectins and saponins present in Caryophyllaceae...