Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glycosyltransferases in Japan
- Sato T, Gotoh M, Kiyohara K, Kameyama A, Kubota T, Kikuchi N, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human beta 1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, beta 4GalNAc-T3, responsible for the synthesis of N,N'-diacetyllactosediamine, galNAc beta 1-4GlcNAc. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47534-44 pubmed..These results suggest that beta 4GalNAc-T3 could transfer GalNAc residues, producing N,N'-diacetylgalactosediamine structures at least in N-glycans and probably in both N- and O-glycans. ..
- Sakamoto K, Yan L, Imai H, Takagi M, Nabeshima Y, Takeda S, et al. Identification of a chick homologue of Fringe and C-Fringe 1: involvement in the neurogenesis and the somitogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;234:754-9 pubmed..The hindbrain and spinal cord showed the distinct stripe pattern expression which was complementary to that of C-Serrate, indicating the correlation between them in vertebrate. ..
- Okazawa K, Sato Y, Nakagawa T, Asada K, Kato I, Tomita E, et al. Molecular cloning and cDNA sequencing of endoxyloglucan transferase, a novel class of glycosyltransferase that mediates molecular grafting between matrix polysaccharides in plant cell walls. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:25364-8 pubmed..The highly conserved DNA sequence will serve as a promising tool for exploring the molecular process by which cell wall construction, and hence cell growth, is regulated...
- Takita Y, Ohya Y, Anraku Y. The CLS2 gene encodes a protein with multiple membrane-spanning domains that is important Ca2+ tolerance in yeast. Mol Gen Genet. 1995;246:269-81 pubmed..sur1 was originally isolated as a suppressor of rvs161, which has reduced viability in nutrient starvation conditions. Possible mechanisms of the multicopy suppression are discussed. ..
- Nishitani K, Tominaga R. Endo-xyloglucan transferase, a novel class of glycosyltransferase that catalyzes transfer of a segment of xyloglucan molecule to another xyloglucan molecule. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:21058-64 pubmed
- Thussagunpanit J, Jutamanee K, Homvisasevongsa S, Suksamrarn A, Yamagami A, Nakano T, et al. Characterization of synthetic ecdysteroid analogues as functional mimics of brassinosteroids in plant growth. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;172:1-8 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we hypothesize that both DHECD and ?-DHECD have functional activities similar to those of BR. ..
- Itou A, Matsumoto K, Hara H. Activation of the Cpx phosphorelay signal transduction system in acidic phospholipid-deficient pgsA mutant cells of Escherichia coli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:296-300 pubmed publisher..The outer membrane lipoprotein NlpE, however, while necessary for the surface adhesion-induced Cpx response, was not involved in Cpx activation in the pgsA mutant. ..
- Ogawa M, Nakamura N, Nakayama Y, Kurosaka A, Manya H, Kanagawa M, et al. GTDC2 modifies O-mannosylated ?-dystroglycan in the endoplasmic reticulum to generate N-acetyl glucosamine epitopes reactive with CTD110.6 antibody. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;440:88-93 pubmed publisher..CTD110.6 antibody may be useful to detect a specific form of GlcNAcylated O-mannose and to analyze defective O-glycosylation in ?-dystroglycanopathies. ..
- Nitanda Y, Matsui T, Matta T, Higami A, Kohno K, Nakahata Y, et al. 3'-UTR-dependent regulation of mRNA turnover is critical for differential distribution patterns of cyclic gene mRNAs. FEBS J. 2014;281:146-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that 3'-UTR-dependent regulation of mRNA turnover plays a crucial role in the diverse patterns of mRNA distribution during development. ..
- Kudo T, Nakagawa H, Takahashi M, Hamaguchi J, Kamiyama N, Yokoo H, et al. N-glycan alterations are associated with drug resistance in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2007;6:32 pubmed..N-glycan and glycosyltransferase expression in HLE-EPI and HLE-MIT were analysed and presented that glycans altered according with acquired tolerance. These results suggested novel mechanisms of drug resistance. ..
- Arima T, Yamamoto M, Hirata A, Kawano S, Kamada T. The eln3 gene involved in fruiting body morphogenesis of Coprinus cinereus encodes a putative membrane protein with a general glycosyltransferase domain. Fungal Genet Biol. 2004;41:805-12 pubmed..Transcription of the eln3 gene is specifically activated in rapidly elongating stipes. Possible involvement of the putative Eln3 enzyme in cell-to-cell connection is discussed...
- Ohno S, Tanimoto K, Fujimoto K, Ijuin C, Honda K, Tanaka N, et al. Molecular cloning of rabbit hyaluronic acid synthases and their expression patterns in synovial membrane and articular cartilage. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1520:71-8 pubmed
- Usui T, Suzuki K, Kaji Y, Amano S, Miyata K, Heldin P, et al. Hyaluronan synthase expression in bovine eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1999;40:563-7 pubmed..Hyaluronan synthase isoforms were expressed in the ocular anterior segment and are speculated to be involved in HA production in situ. ..
- Itano N, Kimata K. Molecular cloning of human hyaluronan synthase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;222:816-20 pubmed..4% and 96.0% identity in nucleotide sequence and amino acid sequences, respectively. Northern analysis indicated that the gene was ubiquitously expressed in various human tissues. ..
- Kawagoe K, Takeda J, Endo Y, Kinoshita T. Molecular cloning of murine pig-a, a gene for GPI-anchor biosynthesis, and demonstration of interspecies conservation of its structure, function, and genetic locus. Genomics. 1994;23:566-74 pubmed..Database analysis demonstrated that a yeast gene, SPT14, is homologous to Pig-a and PIGA and that these genes are members of a glycosyltransferase gene family. ..
- Ogawa H, Hatano S, Sugiura N, Nagai N, Sato T, Shimizu K, et al. Chondroitin sulfate synthase-2 is necessary for chain extension of chondroitin sulfate but not critical for skeletal development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43806 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the distinct function of CSS1 and CSS2, providing a clue in the elucidation of the mechanism of CS biosynthesis. ..