Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glycosylation in Germany
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Calvete J, Solis D, Sanz L, Díaz Mauriño T, Schafer W, Mann K, et al. Characterization of two glycosylated boar spermadhesins. Eur J Biochem. 1993;218:719-25 pubmed..This indicates that modification of a spermadhesin polypeptide framework may serve to modulate its ligand-binding capabilities. ..
- Goletz S, Hanisch F, Karsten U. Novel alphaGalNAc containing glycans on cytokeratins are recognized invitro by galectins with type II carbohydrate recognition domains. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 14):1585-96 pubmed
- Niehues R, Hasilik M, Alton G, Korner C, Schiebe Sukumar M, Koch H, et al. Carbohydrate-deficient glycoprotein syndrome type Ib. Phosphomannose isomerase deficiency and mannose therapy. J Clin Invest. 1998;101:1414-20 pubmed..Daily oral mannose administration is a successful therapy for this new type of CDG syndrome classified as CDGS type Ib. ..
- Jahnel R, Dreger M, Gillen C, Bender O, Kurreck J, Hucho F. Biochemical characterization of the vanilloid receptor 1 expressed in a dorsal root ganglia derived cell line. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:5489-96 pubmed..In the light of conflicting literature data on biochemical characteristics of VR1, our data suggest that dorsal root ganglion-derived F-11 cells provide a powerful experimental system for the study of VR1 biochemistry. ..
- Kraus I, Eickmann M, Kiermayer S, Scheffczik H, Fluess M, Richt J, et al. Open reading frame III of borna disease virus encodes a nonglycosylated matrix protein. J Virol. 2001;75:12098-104 pubmed..Our experimental data strongly suggest that p16 is a typical nonglycosylated matrix protein associated at the inner surface of the viral membrane, as is true for homologous proteins of other members of the Mononegavirales order. ..
- Dietrich A, Mederos y Schnitzler M, Emmel J, Kalwa H, Hofmann T, Gudermann T. N-linked protein glycosylation is a major determinant for basal TRPC3 and TRPC6 channel activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47842-52 pubmed..We conclude that the glycosylation pattern plays a pivotal role for the tight regulation of TRPC6 through phospholipase C-activating receptors. ..
- Heine C, Koch B, Storch S, Kohlschütter A, Palmer D, Braulke T. Defective endoplasmic reticulum-resident membrane protein CLN6 affects lysosomal degradation of endocytosed arylsulfatase A. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:22347-52 pubmed..These data suggest that defects in the ER-resident CLN6 protein lead to lysosomal dysfunctions, which may result in lysosomal accumulation of storage material. ..
- Schirmer J, Aktories K. Large clostridial cytotoxins: cellular biology of Rho/Ras-glucosylating toxins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1673:66-74 pubmed..This minireview intends to give an overview on structure-function analysis and mode of action of the large clostridial cytotoxins, as well as on the resulting functional consequences of glycosylation of target proteins. ..
- Herr P, Korniychuk G, Yamamoto Y, Grubisic K, Oelgeschlager M. Regulation of TGF-(beta) signalling by N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-like 1. Development. 2008;135:1813-22 pubmed publisher..This novel regulatory mechanism is evolutionarily conserved and, thus, might provide a new paradigm for the regulation of TGF-beta signalling in vertebrates. ..
- Deeb S, Cox J, Schmidt Supprian M, Mann M. N-linked glycosylation enrichment for in-depth cell surface proteomics of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma subtypes. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2014;13:240-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, enrichment of a class of post-translationally modified peptides can classify cancer types as well as reveal cancer specific mechanistic changes. ..
- Baumann U, Huber R, Bode W, Grosse D, Lesjak M, Laurell C. Crystal structure of cleaved human alpha 1-antichymotrypsin at 2.7 A resolution and its comparison with other serpins. J Mol Biol. 1991;218:595-606 pubmed..ACT and alpha 1 PI differ locally only at sites of insertions, except at the segment s3C-turn-s4C, which is displaced by several angström units. This region of ACT is involved in DNA binding. ..
- Strahl Bolsinger S, Immervoll T, Deutzmann R, Tanner W. PMT1, the gene for a key enzyme of protein O-glycosylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8164-8 pubmed..In vivo it was observed, however, that protein O-mannosylation in the disruptant had decreased only to about 40-50%, indicating the existence of an additional transferase which had not been measured by the in vitro enzyme assay. ..
- Brandt S, Jentsch T. ClC-6 and ClC-7 are two novel broadly expressed members of the CLC chloride channel family. FEBS Lett. 1995;377:15-20 pubmed..Hydropathy analysis indicates that domain D4 cannot serve as a transmembrane domain. Both ClC-6 and ClC-7 cannot be expressed as chloride channels in Xenopus oocytes, either singly or in combination. ..
- Kranz C, Denecke J, Lehrman M, Ray S, Kienz P, Kreissel G, et al. A mutation in the human MPDU1 gene causes congenital disorder of glycosylation type If (CDG-If). J Clin Invest. 2001;108:1613-9 pubmed..This work provides a new clinical picture for another CDG that may involve synthesis of multiple types of glycoconjugates. ..
- Kuhn M, Ng C, Su Y, Kilic A, Mitko D, Bien Ly N, et al. Identification of an orphan guanylate cyclase receptor selectively expressed in mouse testis. Biochem J. 2004;379:385-93 pubmed
- Ramaekers V, Blau N. Cerebral folate deficiency. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2004;46:843-51 pubmed..The pathogenic link between these underlying specific disease entities and the observed secondary CFD has not been resolved. ..
- Herlyn H, Zischler H. Identification of a positively evolving putative binding region with increased variability in posttranslational motifs in zonadhesin MAM domain 2. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2005;37:62-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the binding specificity of zonadhesin MAM domains, especially of the presumed epitope, is achieved by positive selection at the level of single amino acid sites and posttranslational modifications, respectively...
- Ragni E, Sipiczki M, Strahl S. Characterization of Ccw12p, a major key player in cell wall stability of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2007;24:309-19 pubmed..However, loss of N-glycans does not affect Ccw12p functionality. In contrast, deletion of the repeated amino acid motive TTEAPKNGTSTAAP in the C-terminal part of the protein affects Ccw12p function. ..
- Ming X, Seela F. Efficient synthesis of the tRNA nucleoside preQ0, 7-cyano-7-deazaguanosine, via microwave-assisted iodo?carbonitrile exchange. Chem Biodivers. 2010;7:2616-21 pubmed publisher..The overall reaction yield was 30% starting with the glycosylation reaction of the nucleobase. Corresponding 2'-deoxyribonucleosides were prepared following the same route. ..
- Schnegelsberg B, Schumacher U, Valentiner U. Lectin histochemistry of metastasizing and non-metastasizing breast and colon cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:1589-97 pubmed..However, analysis of selectin ligands is of limited predictive value for the metastatic potential of breast cancer cells in our xenograft model. ..
- Mikhaylova M, Bera S, Kobler O, Frischknecht R, Kreutz M. A Dendritic Golgi Satellite between ERGIC and Retromer. Cell Rep. 2016;14:189-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, the presence of an ER-ERGIC-GS-retromer microsecretory system in all neuronal dendrites enables autonomous local control of transmembrane protein synthesis and processing. ..
- Mrsa V, Seidl T, Gentzsch M, Tanner W. Specific labelling of cell wall proteins by biotinylation. Identification of four covalently linked O-mannosylated proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1997;13:1145-54 pubmed..In the CCW11 disruption the Ccw11p as well as the laminarinase-extracted Ccw5 protein was missing. The new cell wall proteins are O-mannosylated, contain a Kex2 processing site, but no C-terminal GPI anchor sequence. ..
- Rothe C, Lehle L. Sorting of invertase signal peptide mutants in yeast dependent and independent on the signal-recognition particle. Eur J Biochem. 1998;252:16-24 pubmed
- Cao Y, Karsten U. Binding patterns of 51 monoclonal antibodies to peptide and carbohydrate epitopes of the epithelial mucin (MUC1) on tissue sections of adenolymphomas of the parotid (Warthin's tumours): role of epitope masking by glycans. Histochem Cell Biol. 2001;115:349-56 pubmed..The carcinoma-associated Thomsen-Friedenreich epitope was absent...
- Wuttke M, Muller S, Nitsche D, Paulsson M, Hanisch F, Maurer P. Structural characterization of human recombinant and bone-derived bone sialoprotein. Functional implications for cell attachment and hydroxyapatite binding. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36839-48 pubmed..The affinity for hydroxyapatite was higher for bone-derived BSP than for recombinant BSP. Cell adhesion assays showed that the binding of BSP to cells can be reversibly diminished by denaturation. ..
- Alfalah M, Jacob R, Naim H. Intestinal dipeptidyl peptidase IV is efficiently sorted to the apical membrane through the concerted action of N- and O-glycans as well as association with lipid microdomains. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10683-90 pubmed
- Matros A, Mock H. Ectopic expression of a UDP-glucose:phenylpropanoid glucosyltransferase leads to increased resistance of transgenic tobacco plants against infection with Potato Virus Y. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1185-93 pubmed..Thus, our results imply that the activity of TOGT and the subsequent accumulation of glucosylated coumarins represent an important step in the cascade of events resulting in confinement of viral pathogens. ..
- Spreu J, Stehle T, Steinle A. Human cytomegalovirus-encoded UL16 discriminates MIC molecules by their alpha2 domains. J Immunol. 2006;177:3143-9 pubmed..Transplantation of the MICB alpha2 domain confers UL16 binding capacity to MICA, and thus, diversification of the MICA alpha2 domain may have been driven by the selective pressure exerted by UL16. ..
- Alvarez Micó X, Calvete M, Hanack M, Ziegler T. A new glycosidation method through nitrite displacement on substituted nitrobenzenes. Carbohydr Res. 2007;342:440-7 pubmed..Thus, the prepared dicyanophenyl gycosides are useful building blocks for the preparation of phthalocyanine-glycoconjugates via template synthesis. ..
- Andre S, Sanchez Ruderisch H, Nakagawa H, Buchholz M, Kopitz J, Forberich P, et al. Tumor suppressor p16INK4a--modulator of glycomic profile and galectin-1 expression to increase susceptibility to carbohydrate-dependent induction of anoikis in pancreatic carcinoma cells. FEBS J. 2007;274:3233-56 pubmed..This mechanism establishes a new aspect of p16(INK4a) functionality. ..
- Ruf P, Gires O, Jager M, Fellinger K, Atz J, Lindhofer H. Characterisation of the new EpCAM-specific antibody HO-3: implications for trifunctional antibody immunotherapy of cancer. Br J Cancer. 2007;97:315-21 pubmed..These findings suggest the great therapeutic potential of trAbs and clearly speak in favour of EpCAM-directed cancer immunotherapies. ..
- Egerer M, Giesemann T, Herrmann C, Aktories K. Autocatalytic processing of Clostridium difficile toxin B. Binding of inositol hexakisphosphate. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3389-95 pubmed publisher..4 microm for binding of InsP6 to toxin fragment 544-955 with a stoichiometry factor of 0.86. Lysine 600 of toxin B was identified as essential amino acid for InsP6 binding and for InsP6-dependent activation of the protease activity...
- Bleckmann C, Geyer H, Lieberoth A, Splittstoesser F, Liu Y, Feizi T, et al. O-glycosylation pattern of CD24 from mouse brain. Biol Chem. 2009;390:627-45 pubmed publisher..Hence, our data provide the basis for further studies on the contribution of carbohydrate determinants to CD24-mediated biological activities. ..
- Higel F, Seidl A, SÃ¶rgel F, Friess W. N-glycosylation heterogeneity and the influence on structure, function and pharmacokinetics of monoclonal antibodies and Fc fusion proteins. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2016;100:94-100 pubmed publisher..In this review potential alterations with focus on N-glycosylation of mAbs and Fc fusion proteins and the possible effects on the pharmacokinetics are reviewed and the current understandings of the underlying mechanisms are described. ..
- Goltz M, Broll H, Mankertz A, Weigelt W, Ludwig H, Buhk H, et al. Glycoprotein B of bovine herpesvirus type 4: its phylogenetic relationship to gB equivalents of the herpesviruses. Virus Genes. 1994;9:53-9 pubmed..The alignment of the amino acid sequences revealed that 10 cysteine and 7 proline residues, as well as the motifs SPF and GQLG, were completely conserved among the 20 investigated gBs. ..
- Knauer R, Lehle L. The N-oligosaccharyltransferase complex from yeast. FEBS Lett. 1994;344:83-6 pubmed..Ribophorin I and II and OST 48 were recently shown to be constituents of the mammalian transferase from dog pancreas. The data reveal a high conservation of the organization of this enzyme activity. ..
- Costell M, Sasaki T, Mann K, Yamada Y, Timpl R. Structural characterization of recombinant domain II of the basement membrane proteoglycan perlecan. FEBS Lett. 1996;396:127-31 pubmed..The domain also showed N-glycosylation of a single acceptor site and 7-8 O-linked oligosaccharides. The latter were located mainly in the link region within proline-rich sequences. ..
- Bentrop J, Schwab K, Pak W, Paulsen R. Site-directed mutagenesis of highly conserved amino acids in the first cytoplasmic loop of Drosophila Rh1 opsin blocks rhodopsin synthesis in the nascent state. EMBO J. 1997;16:1600-9 pubmed..Photoreceptor cells expressing mutant rhodopsins undergo age-dependent degeneration in a recessive manner. ..
- Calvete J, Raida M, Gentzel M, Urbanke C, Sanz L, Töpfer Petersen E. Isolation and characterization of heparin- and phosphorylcholine-binding proteins of boar and stallion seminal plasma. Primary structure of porcine pB1. FEBS Lett. 1997;407:201-6 pubmed..Our results tie in with the hypothesis that homologous proteins from different mammalian species may display distinct biological activities, which may be related to species-specific aspects of sperm physiology. ..
- Claussen M, Kubler B, Wendland M, Neifer K, Schmidt B, Zapf J, et al. Proteolysis of insulin-like growth factors (IGF) and IGF binding proteins by cathepsin D. Endocrinology. 1997;138:3797-803 pubmed
- Gomis Rüth F, Maskos K, Betz M, Bergner A, Huber R, Suzuki K, et al. Mechanism of inhibition of the human matrix metalloproteinase stromelysin-1 by TIMP-1. Nature. 1997;389:77-81 pubmed..This unusual architecture of the interface between MMP-3 and TIMP-1 suggests new possibilities for designing TIMP variants and synthetic MMP inhibitors with potential therapeutic applications. ..
- Hopf M, Göhring W, Ries A, Timpl R, Hohenester E. Crystal structure and mutational analysis of a perlecan-binding fragment of nidogen-1. Nat Struct Biol. 2001;8:634-40 pubmed..A large surface patch on the beta-barrel is strikingly conserved in all metazoan nidogens. Site-directed mutagenesis demonstrates that the conserved residues are involved in perlecan binding. ..
- Hinse C, Unger M, Provenzani A, Stockigt J. Glucosylation of isatin-3-oxime followed by 2D in situ NMR in plant cells at highest magnetic field without labelling. Nat Prod Lett. 2001;15:119-24 pubmed..76 mM. Complete glucosylation of 1 occurs inside the cells within 72 hours. During this time isatin-3-oxime-glucoside (2) accumulates without further metabolism. ..
- Lechmann M, Kremmer E, Sticht H, Steinkasserer A. Overexpression, purification, and biochemical characterization of the extracellular human CD83 domain and generation of monoclonal antibodies. Protein Expr Purif. 2002;24:445-52 pubmed..Finally, the purified hCD83ext protein was analyzed by one-dimensional NMR and these analyses strongly indicate that hCD83ext is folded and could therefore be used for further structural and functional studies. ..
- Tsiakas K, Steinfeld R, Storch S, Ezaki J, Lukacs Z, Kominami E, et al. Mutation of the glycosylated asparagine residue 286 in human CLN2 protein results in loss of enzymatic activity. Glycobiology. 2004;14:1C-5C pubmed..The data suggest that mutant p.Asn286Ser CLN2 lacks one oligosaccharide chain resulting in enzymatic inactivation. ..
- Kaufmann B, Muller S, Hanisch F, Hartmann U, Paulsson M, Maurer P, et al. Structural variability of BM-40/SPARC/osteonectin glycosylation: implications for collagen affinity. Glycobiology. 2004;14:609-19 pubmed..BM-40 carrying high-mannose structures binds collagen I with higher affinity, suggesting that differentially glycosylated forms may have different functional roles in vivo. ..
- Young J, Stauber T, del Nery E, Vernos I, Pepperkok R, Nilsson T. Regulation of microtubule-dependent recycling at the trans-Golgi network by Rab6A and Rab6A'. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:162-77 pubmed..Together, this suggests that a recycling pathway operates at the level of the trans-Golgi linking directly to the ER. This pathway would be the preferred route for both toxins and resident Golgi proteins. ..
- Engel T, Bode G, Lueken A, Knop M, Kannenberg F, Nofer J, et al. Expression and functional characterization of ABCG1 splice variant ABCG1(666). FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4551-9 pubmed..Our results support that ABCG1(666) may in fact be the most prominent form of functional ABCG1 expressed in the human...
- Weise A, Altmann F, Rodriguez Franco M, Sjoberg E, Baumer W, Launhardt H, et al. High-level expression of secreted complex glycosylated recombinant human erythropoietin in the Physcomitrella Delta-fuc-t Delta-xyl-t mutant. Plant Biotechnol J. 2007;5:389-401 pubmed..All three N-glycosylation sites of rhEPO were occupied by complex-type N-glycans completely devoid of the plant-specific core sugar residues fucose and xylose. ..
- Rohlfing A, Rust S, Reunert J, Tirre M, Du Chesne I, Wemhoff S, et al. ALG1-CDG: a new case with early fatal outcome. Gene. 2014;534:345-51 pubmed publisher..1145T>C (M382T) and c.1312C>T (R438W) was detected in the patient's ALG1-coding sequence. In contrast to a previously reported speculation on R438W we confirmed both mutations as disease-causing in ALG1-CDG. ..
- Lemmermeyer T, Lamp B, Schneider R, Ziebuhr J, Tekes G, Thiel H. Characterization of monoclonal antibodies against feline coronavirus accessory protein 7b. Vet Microbiol. 2016;184:11-9 pubmed publisher..We speculate that glycosylation of 7b is part of the viral evasion strategy to prevent an immune response against this antigenic site. ..
- Gabius H, Van de Wouwer M, Andre S, Villalobo A. Down-regulation of the epidermal growth factor receptor by altering N-glycosylation: emerging role of ?1,4-galactosyltransferases. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:1565-72 pubmed..Misrouting or defects in transfection/transcription were excluded. ?1,4-Galactosyl-transferases warrant for further attention as effector(s) in order to attenuate EGFR-dependent signaling. ..
- Langosch D, Herbold A, Schmieden V, Borman J, Kirsch J. Importance of Arg-219 for correct biogenesis of alpha 1 homooligomeric glycine receptors. FEBS Lett. 1993;336:540-4 pubmed..Thus, residue R219, which corresponds to an arginine/lysine conserved in other ligand-gated ion channel polypeptides, is essential for correct biogenesis of the receptor. ..
- Harms H, Zimmer K, Kurnik K, Bertele Harms R, Weidinger S, Reiter K. Oral mannose therapy persistently corrects the severe clinical symptoms and biochemical abnormalities of phosphomannose isomerase deficiency. Acta Paediatr. 2002;91:1065-72 pubmed..This paper includes a detailed description of the clinical symptomatology of the first-ever diagnosed and treated patient with PMI deficiency and a 5-y follow-up study of mannose therapy. ..
- Marxen J, Nimtz M, Becker W, Mann K. The major soluble 19.6 kDa protein of the organic shell matrix of the freshwater snail Biomphalaria glabrata is an N-glycosylated dermatopontin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1650:92-8 pubmed
- Kranz C, Denecke J, Lehle L, Sohlbach K, Jeske S, Meinhardt F, et al. Congenital disorder of glycosylation type Ik (CDG-Ik): a defect of mannosyltransferase I. Am J Hum Genet. 2004;74:545-51 pubmed
- Maeda Y, Kuroki R, Haase W, Michel H, Reiländer H. Comparative analysis of high-affinity ligand binding and G protein coupling of the human CXCR1 chemokine receptor and of a CXCR1-Galpha fusion protein after heterologous production in baculovirus-infected insect cells. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:1677-89 pubmed..The addition of guanyl-5'-yl imidodiphosphate resulted in a dramatic reduction of the number of binding sites; however, the K(i) values remained unchanged, indicating coupling of the receptor to the guanine nucleotide-binding protein. ..
- Kassner A, Tiedemann K, Notbohm H, Ludwig T, Morgelin M, Reinhardt D, et al. Molecular structure and interaction of recombinant human type XVI collagen. J Mol Biol. 2004;339:835-53 pubmed
- Willer T, Brandl M, Sipiczki M, Strahl S. Protein O-mannosylation is crucial for cell wall integrity, septation and viability in fission yeast. Mol Microbiol. 2005;57:156-70 pubmed..pombe oma1Delta and oma4Delta single mutants showed that a lack of O-mannosylation results in abnormal cell wall and septum formation, thereby severely affecting cell morphology and cell-cell separation. ..
- Barbin K, Stieglmaier J, Saul D, Stieglmaier K, Stockmeyer B, Pfeiffer M, et al. Influence of variable N-glycosylation on the cytolytic potential of chimeric CD19 antibodies. J Immunother. 2006;29:122-33 pubmed..The data demonstrate the influence of the N-glycosylation pattern on the ADCC activity of chimeric CD19 antibodies and point to the importance of suitable expression systems for the production of highly active therapeutic antibodies. ..
- Nass N, Vogel K, Hofmann B, Presek P, Silber R, Simm A. Glycation of PDGF results in decreased biological activity. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:749-54 pubmed publisher..PDGF protein as a platelet protein coprecipitated in immunoprecipitation experiments with alpha-CML-antiserum. In summary, our data suggest that AGE-modification of PDGF contributes to reduced wound healing in diabetic patients. ..
- Härtl K, Huang F, Giri A, Franz Oberdorf K, Frotscher J, Shao Y, et al. Glucosylation of Smoke-Derived Volatiles in Grapevine (Vitis vinifera) is Catalyzed by a Promiscuous Resveratrol/Guaiacol Glucosyltransferase. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:5681-5689 pubmed publisher..This knowledge will help to design strategies for managing the risk of producing smoke-affected wines. ..
- Meder D, Shevchenko A, Simons K, Fullekrug J. Gp135/podocalyxin and NHERF-2 participate in the formation of a preapical domain during polarization of MDCK cells. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:303-13 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that podocalyxin and NHERF-2 function in epithelial polarization by contributing to an early apical scaffold based on PDZ domain-mediated interactions. ..
- Egerer M, Giesemann T, Jank T, Satchell K, Aktories K. Auto-catalytic cleavage of Clostridium difficile toxins A and B depends on cysteine protease activity. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25314-21 pubmed..Our data indicate that clostridial glucosylating cytotoxins possess an inherent cysteine protease activity related to the cysteine protease of Vibrio cholerae RTX toxin, which is responsible for auto-cleavage of glucosylating toxins. ..
- Boersema P, Geiger T, Wisniewski J, Mann M. Quantification of the N-glycosylated secretome by super-SILAC during breast cancer progression and in human blood samples. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:158-71 pubmed publisher..The combination of quantifying the secretome of cancer cell lines and of human plasma with a super-SILAC approach appears to be a promising new approach for finding markers of disease. ..
- Schmidt C, Wiedmann F, Tristram F, Anand P, Wenzel W, Lugenbiel P, et al. Cardiac expression and atrial fibrillation-associated remodeling of K?p2.1 (TREK-1) K? channels in a porcine model. Life Sci. 2014;97:107-15 pubmed publisher..1 channels indicate that the pig may represent a valid model for mechanistic and preclinical studies. AF-related atrial K2P2.1 remodeling has potential implications for arrhythmia maintenance and antiarrhythmic therapy...
- Polishchuk S, Brandt N, Meyer H, Varsanyi M, Heilmeyer L. Does phosphorylase kinase control glycogen biosynthesis in skeletal muscle?. FEBS Lett. 1995;362:271-5 pubmed
- Willer T, Prados B, Falcón Pérez J, Renner Müller I, Przemeck G, Lommel M, et al. Targeted disruption of the Walker-Warburg syndrome gene Pomt1 in mouse results in embryonic lethality. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:14126-31 pubmed..The targeted disruption of mPomt1 represents an example of an engineered deletion of a known glycosyltransferase involved in O-mannosyl glycan synthesis. ..
- Deuschl F, Kollmann K, von Figura K, Lübke T. Molecular characterization of the hypothetical 66.3-kDa protein in mouse: lysosomal targeting, glycosylation, processing and tissue distribution. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5747-52 pubmed..Interestingly, in mouse the endogenous 66.3-kDa protein is processed in a highly tissue-dependent manner to mature forms. ..
- Huelsenbeck J, May M, Schulz F, Schelle I, Ronkina N, Hohenegger M, et al. Cytoprotective effect of the small GTPase RhoB expressed upon treatment of fibroblasts with the Ras-glucosylating Clostridium sordellii lethal toxin. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3665-73 pubmed publisher..The finding on the cytoprotective activity of RhoB in TcsL-treated cells re-enforces the concept that RhoB exhibits cytoprotective rather than pro-apoptotic activity in a cellular background of inactive Ras. ..
- Kranz C, Jungeblut C, Denecke J, Erlekotte A, Sohlbach C, Debus V, et al. A defect in dolichol phosphate biosynthesis causes a new inherited disorder with death in early infancy. Am J Hum Genet. 2007;80:433-40 pubmed..Affected patients present with a very severe clinical phenotype, with death in early infancy. Two of the patients died from dilative cardiomyopathy...
- Galuska S, Geyer R, Gerardy Schahn R, Muhlenhoff M, Geyer H. Enzyme-dependent variations in the polysialylation of the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17-28 pubmed..Thus, our fine structure analyses suggest a comparable quality of polysialylation by ST8SiaII and ST8SiaIV and a distinct synergistic action of the two enzymes in the synthesis of long polySia chains at N-glycosylation site 5 in vivo. ..
- Schilling S, Hoffmann T, Rosche F, Manhart S, Wasternack C, Demuth H. Heterologous expression and characterization of human glutaminyl cyclase: evidence for a disulfide bond with importance for catalytic activity. Biochemistry. 2002;41:10849-57 pubmed..In terms of the different enzymatic properties, the consequences of QC expression in different environments are discussed. ..
- Perbandt M, Höppner J, Burmeister C, Lüersen K, Betzel C, Liebau E. Structure of the extracellular glutathione S-transferase OvGST1 from the human pathogenic parasite Onchocerca volvulus. J Mol Biol. 2008;377:501-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, a putative substrate binding mode for prostaglandin H(2) is postulated based on the observed structural insights. ..
- Kieferle S, Fong P, Bens M, Vandewalle A, Jentsch T. Two highly homologous members of the ClC chloride channel family in both rat and human kidney. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:6943-7 pubmed..Glycosylation occurs between domains D8 and D9, leading to a revision of the transmembrane topology model for ClC channels. ..
- Häweker H, Rips S, Koiwa H, Salomon S, Saijo Y, Chinchilla D, et al. Pattern recognition receptors require N-glycosylation to mediate plant immunity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4629-36 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a single N-glycan plays a critical role for receptor abundance and ligand recognition during plant-pathogen interactions at the cell surface. ..
- Neue K, Mormann M, Peter Katalinic J, Pohlentz G. Elucidation of glycoprotein structures by unspecific proteolysis and direct nanoESI mass spectrometric analysis of ZIC-HILIC-enriched glycopeptides. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:2248-60 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the presented method is a fast, facile, and inexpensive procedure for the elucidation of protein N-glycosylation. ..
- Gu C, Shabab M, Strasser R, Wolters P, Shindo T, Niemer M, et al. Post-translational regulation and trafficking of the granulin-containing protease RD21 of Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32422 pubmed publisher..RD21 causes a dominant protease activity in Arabidopsis leaf extracts, responsible for SDS-induced proteome degradation. ..
- Zamfir A, Vakhrushev S, Sterling A, Niebel H, Allen M, Peter Katalinic J. Fully automated chip-based mass spectrometry for complex carbohydrate system analysis. Anal Chem. 2004;76:2046-54 pubmed
- Denecke J, Kranz C, Kemming D, Koch H, Marquardt T. An activated 5' cryptic splice site in the human ALG3 gene generates a premature termination codon insensitive to nonsense-mediated mRNA decay in a new case of congenital disorder of glycosylation type Id (CDG-Id). Hum Mutat. 2004;23:477-86 pubmed..The results presented in this work demonstrate that factors abrogating NMD of the ALG3 gene exists and that the ALG3 gene can serve as a valuable tool for further investigations of the regulation of NMD. ..
- Ruiz Carrillo D, Koch B, Parthier C, Wermann M, Dambe T, Buchholz M, et al. Structures of glycosylated mammalian glutaminyl cyclases reveal conformational variability near the active center. Biochemistry. 2011;50:6280-8 pubmed publisher..This study presents a first comparison of two mammalian QCs containing typical, conserved post-translational modifications. ..
- Becker A, Lucka L, Kilian C, Kannicht C, Reutter W. Characterisation of the ATP-dependent taurocholate-carrier protein (gp110) of the hepatocyte canalicular membrane. Eur J Biochem. 1993;214:539-48 pubmed..In contrast, Fab fragments of these antibodies inhibit the aggregation of freshly isolated hepatocytes...
- Varet A, Hause B, Hause G, Scheel D, Lee J. The Arabidopsis NHL3 gene encodes a plasma membrane protein and its overexpression correlates with increased resistance to Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:2023-33 pubmed..This subcellular localization of NHL3 positions it at an initial contact site to pathogens and may be important in facilitating interception of pathogen-derived signals. ..