Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glycerol in United States
Locale: United States
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Eisenberg S, Korza G, Carson J, Liachko I, Tye B. Novel DNA binding properties of the Mcm10 protein from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25412-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that these DNA binding properties have an important role in (i) initiation of DNA replication and (ii) formation and maintenance of a stable replication fork during the elongation phase of chromosomal DNA replication. ..
- Kinman R, Kasumov T, Jobbins K, Thomas K, Adams J, Brunengraber L, et al. Parenteral and enteral metabolism of anaplerotic triheptanoin in normal rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;291:E860-6 pubmed..During intraduodenal infusion of triheptanoin, lipolysis was not stimulated. Our data support the hypothesis that intravenous triheptanoin could be used to treat decompensated patients with long-chain fatty acid oxidation disorders. ..
- Paranjape K, Leite G, Hallenbeck P. Strain variation in microalgal lipid production during mixotrophic growth with glycerol. Bioresour Technol. 2016;204:80-88 pubmed publisher..These results also show the value in screening culture collections for desired traits independent of strain identification since here one (PCH02) of the five Chlorella strains showed a large increase in lipid with glycerol. ..
- Palecek S, Parikh A, Huh J, Kron S. Depression of Saccharomyces cerevisiae invasive growth on non-glucose carbon sources requires the Snf1 kinase. Mol Microbiol. 2002;45:453-69 pubmed..In addition, derepression of cell cycle genes and signalling via the cAMP-PKA pathway appears to depend upon SNF1 activity during growth on galactose. ..
- Skory C. Lactic acid production by Rhizopus oryzae transformants with modified lactate dehydrogenase activity. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;64:237-42 pubmed..However, these transformants always produced less lactic acid and higher amounts of ethanol, fumaric, and glycerol compared with the control. ..
- Bederman I, Dufner D, Alexander J, Previs S. Novel application of the "doubly labeled" water method: measuring CO2 production and the tissue-specific dynamics of lipid and protein in vivo. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;290:E1048-56 pubmed..Last, the simplicity of administering doubly labeled water and collecting samples allows this method to be used in virtually any laboratory setting. ..
- Kang L, Nagy L. Chronic ethanol feeding suppresses beta-adrenergic receptor-stimulated lipolysis in adipocytes isolated from epididymal fat. Endocrinology. 2006;147:4330-8 pubmed
- Surh J, Vladisavljevi Cacute G, Mun S, McClements D. Preparation and characterization of water/oil and water/oil/water emulsions containing biopolymer-gelled water droplets. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:175-84 pubmed..This study shows that W/O/W emulsions containing oil droplets with gelled water droplets inside can be produced by using MH or HPVH. ..
- Lin J, Arcinas A. Regiospecific analysis of diricinoleoylacylglycerols in castor (Ricinus communis L.) oil by electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:2209-16 pubmed..Transgenic inhibition of phospholipase C hydrolysis of PC might be used to block the incorporation of non-hydroxyl fatty acids into triacylglycerols, thus increasing the content of ricinoleate in seed oil. ..
- Fullerton B. High-resolution ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging to document tissue repair after prolotherapy: a report of 3 cases. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008;89:377-85 pubmed publisher..Directions for future research application are discussed. ..
- Chanda B, Venugopal S, Kulshrestha S, Navarre D, Downie B, Vaillancourt L, et al. Glycerol-3-phosphate levels are associated with basal resistance to the hemibiotrophic fungus Colletotrichum higginsianum in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:2017-29 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that G3P-associated resistance to C. higginsianum occurs independently or downstream of the camalexin pathway. Together, these results suggest a novel and specific link between G3P metabolism and plant defense. ..
- Wang Z, Yang S. Propionic acid production in glycerol/glucose co-fermentation by Propionibacterium freudenreichii subsp. shermanii. Bioresour Technol. 2013;137:116-23 pubmed publisher..Finally, co-fermentation with cassava bagasse hydrolysate and crude glycerol in a fibrous-bed bioreactor was demonstrated, providing an efficient way for economic production of bio-based propionic acid. ..
- Lu Q, Wang X, Hu X, Cebe P, Omenetto F, Kaplan D. Stabilization and release of enzymes from silk films. Macromol Biosci. 2010;10:359-68 pubmed publisher..Based on the above results, silk materials are an intriguing carrier for proteins in terms of both retention of activity and controllable release kinetics from the films. ..
- Koziara J, Lockman P, Allen D, Mumper R. Paclitaxel nanoparticles for the potential treatment of brain tumors. J Control Release. 2004;99:259-69 pubmed..It was hypothesized that PX NPs could mask paclitaxel characteristics and thus limit its binding to p-gp, which consequently would lead to higher brain and tumor cell uptake of the otherwise effluxed drug. ..
- Subbian E, Yabuta Y, Shinde U. Folding pathway mediated by an intramolecular chaperone: intrinsically unstructured propeptide modulates stochastic activation of subtilisin. J Mol Biol. 2005;347:367-83 pubmed..While this outlines an important mechanism for regulation of protease activation, it also provides a unique approach to maintain industrially viable subtilisins in extremely stable states that can be activated at will. ..
- Dougherty M, Boyd J, Downs D. Inhibition of fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase by aminoimidazole carboxamide ribotide prevents growth of Salmonella enterica purH mutants on glycerol. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33892-9 pubmed..Inhibition of FBP activity by AICAR occurs at physiologically relevant concentrations and may represent a form of regulation of gluconeogenic flux in Salmonella enterica. ..
- Wakankar A, Liu J, VanderVelde D, Wang Y, Shire S, Borchardt R. The effect of cosolutes on the isomerization of aspartic acid residues and conformational stability in a monoclonal antibody. J Pharm Sci. 2007;96:1708-18 pubmed
- Mitchell J, Musanje L, Ferracane J. Biomimetic dentin desensitizer based on nano-structured bioactive glass. Dent Mater. 2011;27:386-93 pubmed publisher..This new material may be used with the tested carriers to significantly and durably reduce tubule fluid flow, ultimately resulting in reduced dentinal hypersensitivity. ..
- Korrapati M, Shaner B, Schnellmann R. Recovery from glycerol-induced acute kidney injury is accelerated by suramin. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;341:126-36 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that delayed administration of suramin is effective in abrogating apoptosis, attenuating inflammation, and enhancing nephrogenic repair after glycerol-induced AKI. ..
- Bruno J, Freitag N. Constitutive activation of PrfA tilts the balance of Listeria monocytogenes fitness towards life within the host versus environmental survival. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15138 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the critical need for environment-appropriate regulation of PrfA activity to enable L. monocytogenes to optimize bacterial fitness inside and outside of host cells. ..
- Nath K, Grande J, Croatt A, Likely S, Hebbel R, Enright H. Intracellular targets in heme protein-induced renal injury. Kidney Int. 1998;53:100-11 pubmed..The presence of TUNEL-positive cells in the distal nephron but not at proximal sites in vivo underscores the increasing appreciation of the distinct responses of these nephron sites to nephrotoxic insults. ..
- Vila Carriles W, Kovacs G, Jovov B, Zhou Z, Pahwa A, Colby G, et al. Surface expression of ASIC2 inhibits the amiloride-sensitive current and migration of glioma cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19220-32 pubmed
- Ye J, Zhang J, Xiao C, Kong J. Patch-clamp studies in the CNS illustrate a simple new method for obtaining viable neurons in rat brain slices: glycerol replacement of NaCl protects CNS neurons. J Neurosci Methods. 2006;158:251-9 pubmed..Due to the increase in the number of viable neurons, the new ACSF increases the productivity of experiments. Based on our data, we propose that this glycerol-based solution may protect CNS neurons. ..
- Fitzgerald R, Walters J. Accumulation of topical naproxen by cultured oral epithelium. J Dent Res. 2007;86:775-9 pubmed..The individual and combined effects of glycerol and Pluronic F-127 were of lesser magnitude than those obtained with glucosylceramide or at pH 6.3. Thus, SCC-25 cells possess transporters for naproxen. ..
- Dahl J, Ulrich C, Kroft T. Role of phase variation in the resistance of Myxococcus xanthus fruiting bodies to Caenorhabditis elegans predation. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:5081-9 pubmed publisher..We also show that the myxobacterial fruiting body is more resistant to predation by worms than are dispersed M. xanthus cells. ..
- Lee B, Diaz G, Rhead W, Lichter Konecki U, Feigenbaum A, Berry S, et al. Glutamine and hyperammonemic crises in patients with urea cycle disorders. Mol Genet Metab. 2016;117:27-32 pubmed publisher..62; p=0.0011). The findings in this UCD population suggest that glutamine is a weaker predictor of HACs than ammonia and that the utility of the predictive value of glutamine will need to take into account concurrent ammonia levels. ..
- Leung N, Croatt A, Haggard J, Grande J, Nath K. Acute cholestatic liver disease protects against glycerol-induced acute renal failure in the rat. Kidney Int. 2001;60:1047-57 pubmed..We speculate that such potentially cytoprotective alterations may safeguard the kidney against irreversible functional and structural injury in the hepatorenal syndrome. ..
- Kalhan S, Bugianesi E, McCullough A, Hanson R, Kelley D. Estimates of hepatic glyceroneogenesis in type 2 diabetes mellitus in humans. Metabolism. 2008;57:305-12 pubmed publisher..The contribution of glyceroneogenesis to triglyceride-glycerol is not affected by short (4 hours) infusion of insulin in type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Baird T, DeLorenzo M. Descriptive and mechanistic toxicity of conazole fungicides using the model test alga Dunaliella tertiolecta (Chlorophyceae). Environ Toxicol. 2010;25:213-20 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that green algae may be especially susceptible to nontarget effects of sterol-inhibiting fungicides in marine systems...
- Gensheimer W, Kleinman D, Gonzalez M, Sobti D, Cooper E, Smits G, et al. Novel formulation of glycerin 1% artificial tears extends tear film break-up time compared with Systane lubricant eye drops. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2012;28:473-8 pubmed
- Kalhan S, Mahajan S, Burkett E, Reshef L, Hanson R. Glyceroneogenesis and the source of glycerol for hepatic triacylglycerol synthesis in humans. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12928-31 pubmed..Alternatively, there may be two distinct pools of 3-glycerol phosphate in the liver, one involved in generating triosephosphate from glycerol and the other involved in glyceride-glycerol synthesis. ..
- Srivastava S, Spite M, Trent J, West M, Ahmed Y, Bhatnagar A. Aldose reductase-catalyzed reduction of aldehyde phospholipids. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53395-406 pubmed..This metabolism may be a critical regulator of the pro-inflammatory and immunogenic effects of oxidized phospholipids. ..
- Svetlov S, Ignatova T, Wang K, Hayes R, English D, Kukekov V. Lysophosphatidic acid induces clonal generation of mouse neurospheres via proliferation of Sca-1- and AC133-positive neural progenitors. Stem Cells Dev. 2004;13:685-93 pubmed..This differentiation was characterized by the initial co-localization of neural specific antigens at sites of LPA receptor expression upon their interaction with the inducing agonist. ..
- Rodriguez Contreras D, Landfear S. Metabolic changes in glucose transporter-deficient Leishmania mexicana and parasite virulence. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20068-76 pubmed
- Masoumi N, Jean A, Zugates J, Johnson K, Engelmayr G. Laser microfabricated poly(glycerol sebacate) scaffolds for heart valve tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013;101:104-14 pubmed publisher..This study provides a basis for the computational design of biomimetic microfabricated PGS scaffolds for tissue-engineered heart valves. ..
- Brown L, Koza R, Everett C, Reitman M, Marshall L, Fahien L, et al. Normal thyroid thermogenesis but reduced viability and adiposity in mice lacking the mitochondrial glycerol phosphate dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32892-8 pubmed..We conclude that, although mGPD is not essential for thyroid thermogenesis, variations in its function affect viability and adiposity in mice. ..
- Sievens Figueroa L, Bhakay A, Jérez Rozo J, Pandya N, Romanach R, Michniak Kohn B, et al. Preparation and characterization of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose films containing stable BCS Class II drug nanoparticles for pharmaceutical applications. Int J Pharm. 2012;423:496-508 pubmed publisher..The enhancement in drug dissolution rate of films due to the large surface area and smaller drug particle size was also demonstrated. ..
- SÃ¡nchez RodrÃguez S, MorÃ¡n GarcÃa A, Bolonduro O, Dordick J, Bustos Jaimes I. Enhanced assembly and colloidal stabilization of primate erythroparvovirus 1 virus-like particles for improved surface engineering. Acta Biomater. 2016;35:206-14 pubmed publisher..Additionally, this study may provide insights on the colloidal properties of these VLPs as well as in the effect of different protein additives used for protein stabilization. ..
- Ma X, Zheng H, Addy M, Anderson E, Liu Y, Chen P, et al. Cultivation of Chlorella vulgaris in wastewater with waste glycerol: Strategies for improving nutrients removal and enhancing lipid production. Bioresour Technol. 2016;207:252-61 pubmed publisher..Alkaline conditions prompted cell growth and lipid accumulation of C. vulgaris while stimulating nutrients removal. The application of the integration process can lower both wastewater treatment and biofuel feedstock costs. ..
- Hanson R. Metabolism in the era of molecular biology. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1705-15 pubmed
- Zhong Z, Connor H, Li X, Mason R, Forman D, Lemasters J, et al. Reduction of ciclosporin and tacrolimus nephrotoxicity by plant polyphenols. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2006;58:1533-43 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that both CsA and tacrolimus stimulate free radical production in the kidney, most likely in tubular cells, and that polyphenols minimize nephrotoxicity by scavenging free radicals. ..
- Jensen K, Rabago D, Best T, Patterson J, Vanderby R. Early inflammatory response of knee ligaments to prolotherapy in a rat model. J Orthop Res. 2008;26:816-23 pubmed publisher..05). Prolotherapy injections created an inflammatory response, but this response was variable and overall, not uniformly different from that caused by saline injections or needlestick procedures. ..
- Zhang W, Sathitsuksanoh N, Barone J, Renneckar S. Enhanced enzymatic saccharification of pretreated biomass using glycerol thermal processing (GTP). Bioresour Technol. 2016;199:148-154 pubmed publisher..Further xylan removal greatly improved the cellulose hydrolysis rate, converting nearly 70% of the cellulose into glucose within 24h, and reaching 78% of ultimate glucan digestibility after 72 h. ..
- Previs S, Fernandez C, Yang D, Soloviev M, David F, Brunengraber H. Limitations of the mass isotopomer distribution analysis of glucose to study gluconeogenesis. Substrate cycling between glycerol and triose phosphates in liver. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:19806-15 pubmed..This substrate cycle presumably involves alpha-glycerophosphate hydrolysis. ..
- Peek L, Brey R, Middaugh C. A rapid, three-step process for the preformulation of a recombinant ricin toxin A-chain vaccine. J Pharm Sci. 2007;96:44-60 pubmed..0 utilizing glycerol as a stabilizer and Alhydrogel as an adjuvant. Such an approach has the potential to significantly reduce the time it takes to get vaccines into clinical testing. ..
- Schwartz J, Poindexter A, Wheeless A, Mauck C, Callahan M. Safety evaluation of 1% tenofovir gel in healthy men. Int J STD AIDS. 2009;20:384-6 pubmed publisher..TFV gel applied to the penis for seven days was well tolerated locally and systemically and it is unlikely that male partners exposed to small amounts of TFV gel will experience significant genital or systemic toxicity. ..
- Goel M, Schilling W. Role of TRPC3 channels in ATP-induced Ca2+ signaling in principal cells of the inner medullary collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F225-33 pubmed publisher..Only activation of TRPC3 leads to net transepithelial apical-to-basolateral Ca(2+) flux. Furthermore, these results demonstrate that native TRPC3 is not a store-operated channel in IMCD-3 cells. ..
- Nath K, Croatt A, Haggard J, Grande J. Renal response to repetitive exposure to heme proteins: chronic injury induced by an acute insult. Kidney Int. 2000;57:2423-33 pubmed..We suggest that chronic up-regulation of such oxidant-inducible genes such as TGF-beta1 and MCP-1 contributes to tubulointerstitial disease, and iron-mediated oxidative stress may directly induce TGF-beta1. ..
- Liu Y, Jetton T, Leahy J. beta-Cell adaptation to insulin resistance. Increased pyruvate carboxylase and malate-pyruvate shuttle activity in islets of nondiabetic Zucker fatty rats. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39163-8 pubmed
- Nyborg A, Kornilova A, Jansen K, Ladd T, Wolfe M, Golde T. Signal peptide peptidase forms a homodimer that is labeled by an active site-directed gamma-secretase inhibitor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15153-60 pubmed..Collectively these data suggest that SPP exists in vivo as a functional dimer. ..
- Kachroo P, Venugopal S, Navarre D, Lapchyk L, Kachroo A. Role of salicylic acid and fatty acid desaturation pathways in ssi2-mediated signaling. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1717-35 pubmed
- Zager R, Johnson A, Lund S, Randolph Habecker J. Toll-like receptor (TLR4) shedding and depletion: acute proximal tubular cell responses to hypoxic and toxic injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;292:F304-12 pubmed..Rapid postinjury urinary TLR4 excretion suggests its potential utility as a "biomarker" of impending ARF...
- Wheeler J, Thomas J. Identification of a novel gene family involved in osmotic stress response in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2006;174:1327-36 pubmed..The phenotypes of osm-7 are not suppressed by mutations in MAP kinase or PKC pathways, suggesting that C. elegans uses signaling pathways different from yeast to mount a response to osmotic stress. ..
- Kachroo A, Fu D, Havens W, Navarre D, Kachroo P, Ghabrial S. An oleic acid-mediated pathway induces constitutive defense signaling and enhanced resistance to multiple pathogens in soybean. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2008;21:564-75 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate the efficacy of BPMV-induced gene silencing as a tool for functional studies in soybean. ..
- Zhu C, Nomura C, Perrotta J, Stipanovic A, Nakas J. Production and characterization of poly-3-hydroxybutyrate from biodiesel-glycerol by Burkholderia cepacia ATCC 17759. Biotechnol Prog. 2010;26:424-30 pubmed publisher..The fermentation was successfully scaled up to 200 L for PHB production and the yield of dry biomass and PHB were 23.6 g/L and 7.4 g/L, respectively...
- Alanezi A, Zhu Q, Wang Y, Safavi K, Jiang J. Effect of selected accelerants on setting time and biocompatibility of mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA). Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2011;111:122-7 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of various additives on setting time and cell attachment on gray MTA (GMTA)...
- Wisotsky Z, Medina A, Freeman E, Dahanukar A. Evolutionary differences in food preference rely on Gr64e, a receptor for glycerol. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1534-41 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the molecular mechanisms of feeding acceptance of yeast products and raise the possibility that Gr64e contributes to specific evolutionary variations in appetitive selectivity across Drosophila species...
- Konkar A, Fraundorfer P, Fertel R, Burkman A, Miller D, Feller D. Pharmacological activities of trimetoquinol and 1-benzyl halogen-substituted analogues on rat beta-adrenoceptor subtypes. Eur J Pharmacol. 1996;305:63-71 pubmed..These results suggest that 3',5'-diiodotrimetoquinol is a promising drug for further chemical modification in the development of selective beta 3-adrenoceptor ligands. ..
- Blachly Dyson E, Song J, Wolfgang W, Colombini M, Forte M. Multicopy suppressors of phenotypes resulting from the absence of yeast VDAC encode a VDAC-like protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:5727-38 pubmed..Thus, channel-forming activity does not seem to be either necessary or sufficient to restore growth on nonfermentable carbon sources, indicating that VDAC mediates cellular functions that do not depend on the ability to form channels. ..
- Tian W, Cohen D. Urea inhibits hypertonicity-inducible TonEBP expression and action. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;280:F904-12 pubmed..Taken together, these data 1) define a molecular mechanism of urea-mediated inhibition of tonicity-dependent signaling, and 2) underscore a role for TonEBP abundance in regulating TonE-mediated gene transcription...
- Stribinskis V, Gao G, Sulo P, Ellis S, Martin N. Rpm2p: separate domains promote tRNA and Rpm1r maturation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondria. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:3631-7 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that full activity can be restored if the N-terminal and C-terminal domains of Rpm2p are supplied in trans. ..
- Miles J, Park Y, Walewicz D, Russell Lopez C, Windsor S, Isley W, et al. Systemic and forearm triglyceride metabolism: fate of lipoprotein lipase-generated glycerol and free fatty acids. Diabetes. 2004;53:521-7 pubmed..They further suggest that LPL-mediated fatty acid uptake is an inefficient process, but may be more efficient in muscle than in adipose tissue. ..
- Morland Schultz K, Hill P. Prevention of and therapies for nipple pain: a systematic review. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2005;34:428-37 pubmed
- Sherwood K, Cano D, Maupin Furlow J. Glycerol-mediated repression of glucose metabolism and glycerol kinase as the sole route of glycerol catabolism in the haloarchaeon Haloferax volcanii. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:4307-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings reveal a unique example of glycerol-induced repression of glucose metabolism in H. volcanii...
- Rawls K, Martin J, Maupin Furlow J. Activity and transcriptional regulation of bacterial protein-like glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase of the haloarchaea in Haloferax volcanii. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:4469-76 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provides fundamental insights into glycerol metabolism in H. volcanii and enhances our understanding of central metabolic pathways of haloarchaea...
- Demonbreun A, Rossi A, Alvarez M, Swanson K, Deveaux H, Earley J, et al. Dysferlin and myoferlin regulate transverse tubule formation and glycerol sensitivity. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:248-59 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate the importance of dysferlin and myoferlin for transverse tubule function and in the genesis of muscular dystrophy. ..
- Choudhary V, Olala L, Kagha K, Pan Z, Chen X, Yang R, et al. Regulation of the Glycerol Transporter, Aquaporin-3, by Histone Deacetylase-3 and p53 in Keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1935-1944 pubmed publisher..Because suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid is already approved to treat cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, it could potentially be used as a therapy for skin diseases like psoriasis, where AQP3 is abnormally expressed. ..
- Hikita T, Tadano Aritomi K, Iida Tanaka N, Anand J, Ishizuka I, Hakomori Si -. A novel plasmal conjugate to glycerol and psychosine ("glyceroplasmalopsychosine"): isolation and characterization from bovine brain white matter. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23084-91 pubmed..This novel compound is hereby termed "glyceroplasmalopsychosine"; its structure is shown below (see text)...
- Wojcikiewicz R, Xu Q, Webster J, Alzayady K, Gao C. Ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of endogenous and exogenous inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors in alpha T3-1 anterior pituitary cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:940-7 pubmed
- Jin Y, Zeng S, Lee H, Lu H. MDM2 mediates p300/CREB-binding protein-associated factor ubiquitination and degradation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20035-43 pubmed..Furthermore, MDM2 reduced the half-life of PCAF by 50%. These results demonstrate that MDM2 regulates the stability of PCAF by ubiquitinating and degrading this protein. ..
- Manchekar M, Richardson P, Forte T, Datta G, Segrest J, Dashti N. Apolipoprotein B-containing lipoprotein particle assembly: lipid capacity of the nascent lipoprotein particle. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39757-66 pubmed
- Muenter A, DeZwaan J, Nathanson G. Collisions of DCl with pure and salty glycerol: enhancement of interfacial D --> H exchange by dissolved NaI. J Phys Chem B. 2006;110:4881-91 pubmed..This disruption may increase the fraction of interfacial Cl- and H+ that recombine and desorb immediately as HCl before the ions separate and diffuse deeply into the bulk...
- Grifoni S, McKey S, Drummond H. Hsc70 regulates cell surface ASIC2 expression and vascular smooth muscle cell migration. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H2022-30 pubmed publisher..Because VSMC migration contributes to vasculogenesis and remodeling following vascular injury, our findings raise the possibility that ASIC2-Hsc70 interactions may play a role in these processes. ..
- Wang Q, Nomura C. Monitoring differences in gene expression levels and polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) production in Pseudomonas putida KT2440 grown on different carbon sources. J Biosci Bioeng. 2010;110:653-9 pubmed publisher..This information will be invaluable to understand how genes are regulated and construct transgenic strains to utilize carbon sources more efficiently and better produce PHAs. ..
- Rawls K, Yacovone S, Maupin Furlow J. GlpR represses fructose and glucose metabolic enzymes at the level of transcription in the haloarchaeon Haloferax volcanii. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:6251-60 pubmed publisher..The results presented here provide genetic and biochemical evidence that GlpR controls both fructose and glucose metabolic enzymes through transcriptional repression of the glpR-pfkB operon and kdgK1 during growth on glycerol...
- Smith W, Diaz G, Lichter Konecki U, Berry S, Harding C, McCandless S, et al. Ammonia control in children ages 2 months through 5 years with urea cycle disorders: comparison of sodium phenylbutyrate and glycerol phenylbutyrate. J Pediatr. 2013;162:1228-34, 1234.e1 pubmed publisher..To examine ammonia levels, pharmacokinetics, and safety of glycerol phenylbutyrate (GPB; also referred to as HPN-100) and sodium phenylbutyrate (NaPBA) in young children with urea cycle disorders (UCDs)...
- Copeland P, Stepanik V, Driscoll D. Insight into mammalian selenocysteine insertion: domain structure and ribosome binding properties of Sec insertion sequence binding protein 2. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1491-8 pubmed..SBP2 may, therefore, have a distinct function in selecting the ribosomes to be used for Sec insertion. ..
- Tagliaferro A, Ronan A. Physiological levels and action of dehydroepiandrosterone in Yucatan miniature swine. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R1-9 pubmed..The role of DHEA in energy metabolism and the difference between sexes warrant further investigation...
- Yeoman R, Gerami Naini B, Mitalipov S, Nusser K, Widmann Browning A, Wolf D. Cryoloop vitrification yields superior survival of Rhesus monkey blastocysts. Hum Reprod. 2001;16:1965-9 pubmed..Vitrification using the cryoloop procedure was evaluated for preservation of non-human primate blastocysts by comparing survival results from two different cryoprotectant mixtures with prior results from controlled rate cooling...
- O Brien J, Raynaud C, Croux C, Girbal L, Soucaille P, Lanzilotta W. Insight into the mechanism of the B12-independent glycerol dehydratase from Clostridium butyricum: preliminary biochemical and structural characterization. Biochemistry. 2004;43:4635-45 pubmed publisher..A single point mutation within this domain, at a strictly conserved arginine residue (R782K) in the GD, resulted in formation of a tight protein-protein complex between the GD and the GD-AE in vivo, thereby supporting this hypothesis...
- Misquitta Y, Cherezov V, Havas F, Patterson S, Mohan J, Wells A, et al. Rational design of lipid for membrane protein crystallization. J Struct Biol. 2004;148:169-75 pubmed..The same approach as used in this study should find application in extending the range of membrane proteins crystallizable by the in meso method and in tailoring transport of cubic phases for controlled delivery and uptake...
- Zager R, Johnson A, Hanson S. Renal tubular triglyercide accumulation following endotoxic, toxic, and ischemic injury. Kidney Int. 2005;67:111-21 pubmed..Finally, in addition to being a marker of prior cell injury, accumulation of triglyceride (or of its constituent fatty acids) may predispose tubules to superimposed ATP depletion or oxidant attack. ..
- Yen C, Stone S, Koliwad S, Harris C, Farese R. Thematic review series: glycerolipids. DGAT enzymes and triacylglycerol biosynthesis. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:2283-301 pubmed publisher..Both enzymes may be useful as therapeutic targets for diseases. Here we review the current knowledge of DGAT enzymes, focusing on new advances since the cloning of their genes, including possible roles in human health and diseases. ..
- Sizova M, Izquierdo J, Panikov N, Lynd L. Cellulose- and xylan-degrading thermophilic anaerobic bacteria from biocompost. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:2282-91 pubmed publisher..A mixture of xylan and cellulose was utilized simultaneously, with a significant synergistic effect observed as a reduction of lag phase in cellulose degradation. ..
- Rustad P, Sailer M, Cumming K, Jeppesen P, Kolnes K, Sollie O, et al. Intake of Protein Plus Carbohydrate during the First Two Hours after Exhaustive Cycling Improves Performance the following Day. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153229 pubmed publisher..Intake of a similar amount of protein but less carbohydrate during the 18 h recovery period reduced performance. ..
- Wickett R, Damjanovic B. Quantitation of 24-Hour Moisturization by Electrical Measurements of Skin Hydration. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2017;44:487-491 pubmed publisher..8 (P < .001) and +103.5 (P < .001), respectively. Moisturizers containing high levels of glycerin can provide a measurable moisturization benefit as determined by skin conductance for at least 24 hours after a single application. ..
- Hagerman R, Trotter P. A mutation in the yeast mitochondrial ribosomal protein Rml2p is associated with a defect in catalase gene expression. Mol Cell Biol Res Commun. 2001;4:299-306 pubmed..Several assays of mitochondria from rml2(fat21) strains suggest normal mitochondrial function. Thus, the modulation of Adr1p-associated gene regulation is not due to overt mitochondrial dysfunction. ..