Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glutathione peroxidase in Japan
Topic: glutathione peroxidase
- Tsuji T, Watanabe Y, Katoh H, Sato K, Kunieda T. Cloning and mapping of the mouse Gpx2 gene encoding gastrointestinal glutathione peroxidase. J Vet Med Sci. 1998;60:651-4 pubmed..Linkage analysis using backcross mouse progeny indicated the mouse Cpx2 gene and its pseudogene to be located on mouse chromosomes 12 and 7, respectively. ..
- Nishida H, Kushida M, Nakajima Y, Ogawa Y, Tatewaki N, Sato S, et al. Amyloid-beta-induced cytotoxicity of PC-12 cell was attenuated by Shengmai-san through redox regulation and outgrowth induction. J Pharmacol Sci. 2007;104:73-81 pubmed..It may also be beneficial not only for the treatment of brain disorders but also for other diseases caused by oxidative stress. ..
- Sugimoto M, Sakamoto W. Putative phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase gene from Arabidopsis thaliana induced by oxidative stress. Genes Genet Syst. 1997;72:311-6 pubmed..5 times after exposure to NaCl and Al/Fe, respectively. These results suggest that the putative PHGPX gene is induced by oxidative stress in Arabidopsis. ..
- Komatsu H, Okayasu I, Mitomi H, Imai H, Nakagawa Y, Obata F. Immunohistochemical detection of human gastrointestinal glutathione peroxidase in normal tissues and cultured cells with novel mouse monoclonal antibodies. J Histochem Cytochem. 2001;49:759-66 pubmed
- Osame S, Ohtani T, Ichijo S. Studies on serum tocopherol and selenium levels and blood glutathione peroxidase activities in lambs with white muscle disease. Nihon Juigaku Zasshi. 1990;52:705-10 pubmed..It was concluded that WMD of lambs in Hokkaido was nutritional muscular dystrophy resulted from deficiencies of Toc and Se to their ewes...
- Hammad H, Higashi T, Tateishi N, Hanatani M, Sakamoto Y. Lipid peroxidation in the liver of carcinogen-resistant rats. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1045:99-106 pubmed..The higher ADH activity may explain the decreased lipid peroxidation in R rats at least partly, if this enzyme is involved in lipid peroxidation...
- Akasaka M, Mizoguchi J, Takahashi K. A human cDNA sequence of a novel glutathione peroxidase-related protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:4619 pubmed
- Kabuto H, Nishizawa M, Tada M, Higashio C, Shishibori T, Kohno M. Zingerone [4-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-2-butanone] prevents 6-hydroxydopamine-induced dopamine depression in mouse striatum and increases superoxide scavenging activity in serum. Neurochem Res. 2005;30:325-32 pubmed..Effects of zingerone treatment in this model suggest possible value in treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Ohta Y, Kobayashi T, Inui K, Yoshino J, Nakazawa S. Repeated recurrence of gastric mucosal lesions in rats after a single treatment with compound 48/80, a mast cell degranulator. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60 Suppl 7:139-48 pubmed
- Ohta Y, Kongo M, Kishikawa T. Preventive effect of melatonin on the progression of alpha-naphthylisothiocyanate-induced acute liver injury in rats. J Pineal Res. 2003;34:185-93 pubmed
- Lu G, Shimizu I, Cui X, Itonaga M, Tamaki K, Fukuno H, et al. Interferon-alpha enhances biological defense activities against oxidative stress in cultured rat hepatocytes and hepatic stellate cells. J Med Invest. 2002;49:172-81 pubmed..These findings suggest that IFN-alpha may enhance biological defense activities against oxidative stress and function as a potent fibrosuppressant by protecting hepatocytes and hepatic stellate cells from lipid peroxidation in vivo. ..
- Nam S, Nakamuta N, Kurohmaru M, Hayashi Y. Cloning and sequencing of the mouse cDNA encoding a phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase. Gene. 1997;198:245-9 pubmed..4%), human (92.9%), and rat (98%) PHGPxs. However, the PHGPx mRNA particularly showed a high degree of expression in testis. This suggests that the PHGPx in testis may have more than just an antioxidant function. ..
- Akasaka M, Mizoguch J, Yoshimura S, Watanabe K. Nucleotide sequence of cDNA for rabbit glutathione peroxidase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:2136 pubmed
- Suzuki K, Ishiwata K, Ogra Y. Incorporation of selenium into selenoprotein P and extracellular glutathione peroxidase: HPLC-ICPMS data with enriched selenite. Analyst. 1999;124:1749-53 pubmed
- Nam S, Fujisawa M, Kim J, Kurohmaru M, Hayashi Y. Expression pattern of phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase messenger ribonucleic acid in mouse testis. Biol Reprod. 1998;58:1272-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that PHGPx in testes may be closely involved in spermatogenesis as well as having a general antioxidant function. ..
- Murawaki Y, Tsuchiya H, Kanbe T, Harada K, Yashima K, Nozaka K, et al. Aberrant expression of selenoproteins in the progression of colorectal cancer. Cancer Lett. 2008;259:218-30 pubmed..These data suggest that contrasting expression pattern of the antioxidant selenoproteins plays an important role in the progression of colorectal cancer. ..
- Okamura N, Iwaki Y, Hiramoto S, Tamba M, Bannai S, Sugita Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the epididymis-specific glutathione peroxidase-like protein secreted in the porcine epididymal fluid. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1336:99-109 pubmed..The possibilities have been discussed that it protects sperm from the premature acrosome reaction and maintains sperm fertilizing ability in the epididymis. ..
- Ohnuma A, Yoshida T, Horiuchi H, Fukumori J, Tomita M, Kojima S, et al. Altered pulmonary defense system in lung injury induced by didecyldimethylammonium chloride in mice. Inhal Toxicol. 2011;23:476-85 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that DDAC alters pulmonary defense system, which may contribute to susceptibility to an exogenous infectious agent. ..