Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glutamate decarboxylase in Japan
Topic: glutamate decarboxylase
- Mieda M, Hasegawa E, Kisanuki Y, Sinton C, Yanagisawa M, Sakurai T. Differential roles of orexin receptor-1 and -2 in the regulation of non-REM and REM sleep. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6518-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, each orexin receptor subtype plays differential roles in gating NREM and REM sleep through distinct neuronal pathways. ..
- Akihiro T, Koike S, Tani R, Tominaga T, Watanabe S, Iijima Y, et al. Biochemical mechanism on GABA accumulation during fruit development in tomato. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:1378-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that GAD and GABA-TK play crucial roles in GABA accumulation and catabolism, respectively, in tomato fruits. ..
- Oikawa Y, Shimada A, Kasuga A, Morimoto J, Osaki T, Tahara H, et al. Systemic administration of IL-18 promotes diabetes development in young nonobese diabetic mice. J Immunol. 2003;171:5865-75 pubmed
- Hayashi A, Nakamagoe K, Ohkoshi N, Hoshino S, Shoji S. Double filtration plasma exchange and immunoadsorption therapy in a case of stiff-man syndrome with negative anti-GAD antibody. J Med. 1999;30:321-7 pubmed..The patient's improvement continued, but his condition declined again about ten months after plasma exchange. Immunoadsorption therapy was then performed, and this treatment was also effective...
- Nomura M, Nakajima I, Fujita Y, Kobayashi M, Kimoto H, Suzuki I, et al. Lactococcus lactis contains only one glutamate decarboxylase gene. Microbiology. 1999;145 ( Pt 6):1375-80 pubmed publisher..A single band corresponding to the glutamate decarboxylase gene was detected on Southern blot analysis. These data suggest that there is one glutamate decarboxylase gene in L. lactis...
- Kawasaki E, Moriuchi R, Watanabe M, Saitoh K, Brunicardi F, Watt P, et al. Cloning and expression of large isoform of glutamic acid decarboxylase from human pancreatic islet. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;192:1353-9 pubmed..The bacterially expressed human islet GAD67 protein was enzymatically active and immunoreactive. The isolation of cDNA for this additional islet GAD isoforms will be important in studying the etiology and pathogenesis of IDDM. ..
- Yoshida T, Yamashino T, Ueguchi C, Mizuno T. Expression of the Escherichia coli dimorphic glutamic acid decarboxylases is regulated by the nucleoid protein H-NS. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1993;57:1568-9 pubmed
- Ota T, Takamura T, Nagai Y, Bando Y, Usuda R. Significance of IA-2 antibody in Japanese type 1 diabetes: its association with GAD antibody. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2005;67:63-9 pubmed..Measuring IA-2A in combination with GADA is useful for the diagnosis and prognosis of type 1 diabetes in Japanese. ..
- Misaki K, Kikkawa S, Terashima T. Reelin-expressing neurons in the anterior commissure and corpus callosum of the rat. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;148:89-96 pubmed..These results suggest that Reelin may participate in the regulatory mechanism of neuronal activities through the commissure structure during the postnatal periods. ..
- Kikuoka N, Sugihara S, Yanagawa T, Ikezaki A, Kim H, Matsuoka H, et al. Cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen 4 gene polymorphism confers susceptibility to type 1 diabetes in Japanese children: analysis of association with HLA genotypes and autoantibodies. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2001;55:597-603 pubmed..The association between this CTLA4 polymorphism and the HLA genotype was similar for both major groups with HLA high-risk alleles. CTLA4 might contribute to the humoral immune response to GAD in newly diagnosed subjects. ..