Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glucosyltransferases in Spain
- Cortés J, Carnero E, Ishiguro J, Sanchez Y, Duran A, Ribas J. The novel fission yeast (1,3)beta-D-glucan synthase catalytic subunit Bgs4p is essential during both cytokinesis and polarized growth. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:157-74 pubmed..All these data show for the first time an essential role for a Bgs subunit in the synthesis of a (1,3)beta-D-glucan necessary to preserve cell integrity when cell wall synthesis or repair are needed. ..
- Santos B, Martin Cuadrado A, Vazquez de Aldana C, del Rey F, Perez P. Rho4 GTPase is involved in secretion of glucanases during fission yeast cytokinesis. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1639-45 pubmed..These results provide evidence that Rho4p is involved in the regulation of Eng1p and Agn1p secretion during cytokinesis. ..
- Jimenez Ortigosa C, Aimanianda V, Muszkieta L, Mouyna I, Alsteens D, Pire S, et al. Chitin synthases with a myosin motor-like domain control the resistance of Aspergillus fumigatus to echinocandins. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:6121-31 pubmed publisher..These results show that the deletion of the CSMA and CSMB genes induced a significant disorganization of the cell wall structure, even though they contribute only weakly to the overall cell wall chitin synthesis...
- Sharifmoghadam M, Curto M, Hoya M, de Leon N, Martín García R, Doncel C, et al. The integrity of the cytokinesis machinery under stress conditions requires the glucan synthase Bgs1p and its regulator Cfh3p. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42726 pubmed publisher..The results show that the contractile actomyosin ring is very sensitive to stress, and that cells have efficient mechanisms to remedy the damage produced in this structure. ..
- Cartagena Lirola H, Duran A, Valdivieso M. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe cfr1+ gene participates in mating through a new pathway that is independent of fus1+. Yeast. 2006;23:375-88 pubmed
- Quiros L, Carbajo R, Salas J. Inversion of the anomeric configuration of the transferred sugar during inactivation of the macrolide antibiotic oleandomycin catalyzed by a macrolide glycosyltransferase. FEBS Lett. 2000;476:186-9 pubmed
- Arellano M, Duran A, Perez P. Localisation of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe rho1p GTPase and its involvement in the organisation of the actin cytoskeleton. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 20):2547-55 pubmed..We conclude that rho1p localisation is restricted to growth areas and regulated during the cell cycle and that rho1p is involved in cell wall growth and actin cytoskeleton organisation in S. pombe. ..
- Baroja Fernandez E, Muñoz F, Montero M, Etxeberria E, Sesma M, Ovecka M, et al. Enhancing sucrose synthase activity in transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) tubers results in increased levels of starch, ADPglucose and UDPglucose and total yield. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:1651-62 pubmed publisher..We also show that enhancement of SuSy activity represents a useful strategy for increasing starch accumulation and yield in potato tubers. ..
- Arellano M, Duran A, Perez P. Rho 1 GTPase activates the (1-3)beta-D-glucan synthase and is involved in Schizosaccharomyces pombe morphogenesis. EMBO J. 1996;15:4584-91 pubmed..Cells overproducing Rho1 are hypersensitive to inhibitors of cell wall biosynthesis or to cell wall degrading enzymes. We conclude that Rho1 GTPase directly activates (1-3)beta-D-glucan synthase and regulates S.pombe morphogenesis. ..
- Li J, Baroja Fernandez E, Bahaji A, Muñoz F, Ovecka M, Montero M, et al. Enhancing sucrose synthase activity results in increased levels of starch and ADP-glucose in maize (Zea mays L.) seed endosperms. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:282-94 pubmed publisher..A suggested metabolic model is presented wherein both AGP and SuSy are involved in the production of ADPG linked to starch biosynthesis in maize endosperm cells...
- Alfonso P, Navascues J, Navarro S, Medina P, Bolado Carrancio A, Andreu V, et al. Characterization of variants in the glucosylceramide synthase gene and their association with type 1 Gaucher disease severity. Hum Mutat. 2013;34:1396-403 pubmed publisher..232_-241ins10;98+50G] haplotype, respectively). These data indicate that the c.-232_-241ins10 and c.98+50A>G variants are modifying factors of GD severity, which can partly explain the variability in severity of the disease. ..
- Cortés J, Sato M, Munoz J, Moreno M, Clemente Ramos J, Ramos M, et al. Fission yeast Ags1 confers the essential septum strength needed for safe gradual cell abscission. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:637-56 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the absence of Ags1 and therefore ?(1-3)glucan generates a special and unique side-explosive cell separation due to an instantaneous primary septum tearing caused by the turgor pressure. ..
- Baroja Fernandez E, Muñoz F, Li J, Bahaji A, Almagro G, Montero M, et al. Sucrose synthase activity in the sus1/sus2/sus3/sus4 Arabidopsis mutant is sufficient to support normal cellulose and starch production. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:321-6 pubmed publisher..The overall data disprove Barratt et al. (2009) claims, and are consistent with the possible involvement of SUS in cellulose and starch biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhou Y, Romero Campero F, Gómez Zambrano A, Turck F, Calonje M. H2A monoubiquitination in Arabidopsis thaliana is generally independent of LHP1 and PRC2 activity. Genome Biol. 2017;18:69 pubmed publisher..thaliana genome and unveil that ubiquitination by PRC1 is largely independent of PRC2 activity in plants, while the inverse is true for H3K27 trimethylation. ..
- Sharifmoghadam M, Valdivieso M. The fission yeast SEL1 domain protein Cfh3p: a novel regulator of the glucan synthase Bgs1p whose function is more relevant under stress conditions. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11070-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that the SEL1 repeats are required for Cfh3p function. These results show that Cfh3p is a regulatory protein for Bgs1p and that its function is particularly necessary when the cells are undergoing stress. ..
- Garcia P, Tajadura V, Garcia I, Sanchez Y. Rgf1p is a specific Rho1-GEF that coordinates cell polarization with cell wall biogenesis in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1620-31 pubmed..Our results suggest that Rgf1p probably activates the Rho functions necessary for coordinating actin deposition with cell wall biosynthesis during bipolar growth, allowing the cells to remodel their wall without risk of rupture. ..
- Calonge T, Arellano M, Coll P, Perez P. Rga5p is a specific Rho1p GTPase-activating protein that regulates cell integrity in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Microbiol. 2003;47:507-18 pubmed..Genetic interactions suggest that Rga5p is also important for the regulation of the other known Rho1p effectors, Pck1p and Pck2p. ..
- Soto T, Beltrán F, Paredes V, Madrid M, Millar J, Vicente Soler J, et al. Cold induces stress-activated protein kinase-mediated response in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:5056-65 pubmed
- Cortés J, Ishiguro J, Duran A, Ribas J. Localization of the (1,3)beta-D-glucan synthase catalytic subunit homologue Bgs1p/Cps1p from fission yeast suggests that it is involved in septation, polarized growth, mating, spore wall formation and spore germination. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4081-96 pubmed
- Martin V, Ribas J, Carnero E, Duran A, Sanchez Y. bgs2+, a sporulation-specific glucan synthase homologue is required for proper ascospore wall maturation in fission yeast. Mol Microbiol. 2000;38:308-21 pubmed
- Almagro G, Baroja Fernandez E, Muñoz F, Bahaji A, Etxeberria E, Li J, et al. No evidence for the occurrence of substrate inhibition of Arabidopsis thaliana sucrose synthase-1 (AtSUS1) by fructose and UDP-glucose. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:799-802 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that SuSy activities in organs of the sus1/sus2/sus3/sus4 mutant were ca. 80-90% of those found in WT plants. ..
- Garcia P, Garcia I, Marcos F, de Garibay G, Sanchez Y. Fission yeast rgf2p is a rho1p guanine nucleotide exchange factor required for spore wall maturation and for the maintenance of cell integrity in the absence of rgf1p. Genetics. 2009;181:1321-34 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Rgf1p and Rgf2p are alternative GEFs with an essential overlapping function in Rho1p activation during vegetative growth. ..
- Hernández Blanco C, Feng D, Hu J, Sanchez Vallet A, Deslandes L, Llorente F, et al. Impairment of cellulose synthases required for Arabidopsis secondary cell wall formation enhances disease resistance. Plant Cell. 2007;19:890-903 pubmed
- Garcia I, Tajadura V, Martin V, Toda T, Sanchez Y. Synthesis of alpha-glucans in fission yeast spores is carried out by three alpha-glucan synthase paralogues, Mok12p, Mok13p and Mok14p. Mol Microbiol. 2006;59:836-53 pubmed
- Soto T, Franco A, Padmanabhan S, Vicente Soler J, Cansado J, Gacto M. Molecular interaction of neutral trehalase with other enzymes of trehalose metabolism in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3847-55 pubmed..This study provides the first evidence for the participation of the catabolic enzyme trehalase in the structural framework of a regulatory macromolecular complex containing trehalose-6-P synthase in the fission yeast. ..
- Ribas J, Diaz M, Duran A, Perez P. Isolation and characterization of Schizosaccharomyces pombe mutants defective in cell wall (1-3)beta-D-glucan. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3456-62 pubmed..It is concluded that the cwg1+ and cwg2+ genes are related to (1,3)beta-D-glucan biosynthesis. ..