Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glial fibrillary acidic protein in France
Topic: glial fibrillary acidic protein
- Bouji M, Lecomte A, Hode Y, de Seze R, Villegier A. Effects of 900 MHz radiofrequency on corticosterone, emotional memory and neuroinflammation in middle-aged rats. Exp Gerontol. 2012;47:444-51 pubmed publisher..Reproducing these effects and studying their mechanisms may allow a better understanding of mobile phone EMF effects on neurobiological parameters. ..
- Blanchin S, Coffin C, Viader F, Ruf J, Carayon P, Potier F, et al. Anti-thyroperoxidase antibodies from patients with Hashimoto's encephalopathy bind to cerebellar astrocytes. J Neuroimmunol. 2007;192:13-20 pubmed..Normal human astrocytes from primary cultures also reacted with anti-TPO mAb. Specific astrocyte binding of anti-TPO aAb suggests a role of these aAb in the HE pathogenesis. ..
- Giannoni P, Arango Lievano M, Neves I, Rousset M, Baranger K, Rivera S, et al. Cerebrovascular pathology during the progression of experimental Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;88:107-17 pubmed publisher..Cerebral amyloid angiopathy and microvascular inflammation occur in 5xFAD mice concomitantly to parenchymal plaque deposition. The prospect of cerebrovascular pharmacology in AD is discussed. ..
- Banisadr G, Skrzydelski D, Kitabgi P, Rostene W, Parsadaniantz S. Highly regionalized distribution of stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCL12 in adult rat brain: constitutive expression in cholinergic, dopaminergic and vasopressinergic neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:1593-606 pubmed..In addition, a key role for SDF-1/CXCL12 in neuroendocrine regulation of vasopressin-expressing neurons represents an exciting new field of research. ..
- Schnebelen C, Pasquis B, Salinas Navarro M, Joffre C, Creuzot Garcher C, Vidal Sanz M, et al. A dietary combination of omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids is more efficient than single supplementations in the prevention of retinal damage induced by elevation of intraocular pressure in rats. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2009;247:1191-203 pubmed publisher
- Fonta C, Negyessy L, Renaud L, Barone P. Postnatal development of alkaline phosphatase activity correlates with the maturation of neurotransmission in the cerebral cortex. J Comp Neurol. 2005;486:179-96 pubmed
- Alonso G, Runquist M, Hussy N, Duvoid A, Moos F. Age-related modifications of the morphological organization of pituicytes are associated with alteration of the GABAergic and dopaminergic innervation afferent to the neurohypophysial lobe. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:1889-903 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that the age-related morphological changes of pituicytes result from the alteration of the GABA/DAergic innervation of the NL. ..
- Pallud J, Varlet P, Devaux B, Geha S, Badoual M, Deroulers C, et al. Diffuse low-grade oligodendrogliomas extend beyond MRI-defined abnormalities. Neurology. 2010;74:1724-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that an extended resection of a margin beyond MRI-defined abnormalities, whenever feasible in noneloquent brain areas, might improve the outcome of DLGGs. ..
- Krim E, Vital A, Macia F, Yekhlef F, Tison F. Atypical parkinsonism combining alpha-synuclein inclusions and polyglucosan body disease. Mov Disord. 2005;20:200-4 pubmed..These inclusions may be either due to the chance association of MSA-P with APGBD, or pathologically related to APGBD. ..
- Champeil Potokar G, Denis I, Goustard Langelier B, Alessandri J, Guesnet P, Lavialle M. Astrocytes in culture require docosahexaenoic acid to restore the n-3/n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid balance in their membrane phospholipids. J Neurosci Res. 2004;75:96-106 pubmed..This reliable method of altering membrane phospholipid composition promises to be useful for studying the influence of n-6/n-3 imbalance on astrocyte function. ..
- Regnier A, Andreoletti O, Albaric O, Gruson D, Schelcher F, Toutain P. Clinical, electroretinographic and histomorphometric evaluation of the retina in sheep with natural scrapie. BMC Vet Res. 2011;7:25 pubmed publisher..The retinal degeneration was associated with prion protein infectivity which presumably spread via the optic nerve. ..
- Li T, Bourgeois J, Celli S, Glacial F, Le Sourd A, Mécheri S, et al. Cell-penetrating anti-GFAP VHH and corresponding fluorescent fusion protein VHH-GFP spontaneously cross the blood-brain barrier and specifically recognize astrocytes: application to brain imaging. FASEB J. 2012;26:3969-79 pubmed publisher..3) of the fusion protein VHH-GFP was able to cross the BBB and to label astrocytes in vivo. The potential of VHHs as diagnostic or therapeutic agents in the central nervous system now deserves attention. ..
- Brillaud E, Piotrowski A, de Seze R. Effect of an acute 900MHz GSM exposure on glia in the rat brain: a time-dependent study. Toxicology. 2007;238:23-33 pubmed..We conclude to a temporary effect, probably due to a hypertrophy of glial cells, with a temporal and a spatial modulation of the effect. Whether this effect could be harmful remains to be studied. ..
- Paquet C, Bose A, Polivka M, Peoc h K, Brouland J, Keohane C, et al. Neuronal phosphorylated RNA-dependent protein kinase in Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:190-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that neuronal apoptosis in human CJD may result from PKR(p)-mediated cell stress and are consistent with recent studies supporting a pathogenic role for intracellular or transmembrane PrP. ..
- Gouix E, Leveille F, Nicole O, Melon C, Had Aissouni L, Buisson A. Reverse glial glutamate uptake triggers neuronal cell death through extrasynaptic NMDA receptor activation. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:463-73 pubmed..These data suggest that reverse glial glutamate uptake may trigger neuronal death through preferential activation of extrasynaptic NMDAR-related pathways. ..
- Peltier J, Lejeune J, Nicot B, Capel C, Baroncini M, Fichten A, et al. [Subependymomas of lateral ventricle. Analysis of our series and review of literature]. Neurochirurgie. 2011;57:210-4 pubmed publisher..Peritumoral oedema is absent. Immunohistochemicals studies show intense positivity for S-100 and GFAP. The treatment is surgical with an excellent prognosis...
- Marino P, Norreel J, Schachner M, Rougon G, Amoureux M. A polysialic acid mimetic peptide promotes functional recovery in a mouse model of spinal cord injury. Exp Neurol. 2009;219:163-74 pubmed publisher..Our data point to the unique features of a carbohydrate mimicking peptide, and support the notion that PSA can be considered as an important factor in recovery from spinal cord injury. ..
- Faideau M, Kim J, Cormier K, Gilmore R, Welch M, Auregan G, et al. In vivo expression of polyglutamine-expanded huntingtin by mouse striatal astrocytes impairs glutamate transport: a correlation with Huntington's disease subjects. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3053-67 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the presence of mHtt in astrocytes alters glial glutamate transport capacity early in the disease process and may contribute to HD pathogenesis. ..
- Lavialle M, Aumann G, Anlauf E, Pr ls F, Arpin M, Derouiche A. Structural plasticity of perisynaptic astrocyte processes involves ezrin and metabotropic glutamate receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12915-9 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that (i) ezrin is required for the structural plasticity of PAPs and (ii) mGluRs can stimulate PAP plasticity...
- Heitz S, Lutz Y, Rodeau J, Zanjani H, Gautheron V, Bombarde G, et al. BAX contributes to Doppel-induced apoptosis of prion-protein-deficient Purkinje cells. Dev Neurobiol. 2007;67:670-86 pubmed
- Gimenez y Ribotta M, Langa F, Menet V, Privat A. Comparative anatomy of the cerebellar cortex in mice lacking vimentin, GFAP, and both vimentin and GFAP. Glia. 2000;31:69-83 pubmed..In conclusion, it appears that the absence of each of the proteins yields a specific phenotype and that the defects are not necessarily additive. ..
- Menet V, Prieto M, Privat A, Gimenez y Ribotta M. Axonal plasticity and functional recovery after spinal cord injury in mice deficient in both glial fibrillary acidic protein and vimentin genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8999-9004 pubmed
- Bienvenu G, Seurin D, Grellier P, Froment P, Baudrimont M, Monget P, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6 transgenic mice: postnatal growth, brain development, and reproduction abnormalities. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2412-20 pubmed..Our results indicate that this new model of transgenic mouse may prove to be a useful tool in elucidating the in vivo role of IGFBP-6 in the brain, especially in regard to hypothalamic control, and in reproductive physiology. ..
- Bouchard P, Ravet V, Meiniel R, Creveaux I, Meiniel A, Vellet A, et al. Use of a heterologous monoclonal antibody for cloning and detection of glial fibrillary acidic protein in the bovine ventricular ependyma. Cell Tissue Res. 1999;298:207-16 pubmed..Using MAb E501 as a heterologous probe, we cloned bovine GFAP cDNA. In situ hybridization experiments failed to detect GFAP transcripts in SCO ependymocytes, confirming the abscence of immunoreactivity in these cells. ..
- Stenger C, Pinçon A, Hanse M, Royer L, Comte A, Koziel V, et al. Brain region-specific immunolocalization of the lipolysis-stimulated lipoprotein receptor (LSR) and altered cholesterol distribution in aged LSR+/- mice. J Neurochem. 2012;123:467-76 pubmed publisher..These data therefore suggest a potential role of LSR in brain cholesterol distribution, which is particularly important in preserving neuronal integrity and thereby cognitive functions during aging. ..
- Menet V, Gimenez y Ribotta M, Chauvet N, Drian M, Lannoy J, Colucci Guyon E, et al. Inactivation of the glial fibrillary acidic protein gene, but not that of vimentin, improves neuronal survival and neurite growth by modifying adhesion molecule expression. J Neurosci. 2001;21:6147-58 pubmed..To conclude, our results suggest that GFAP expression is able to modulate key biochemical properties of astrocytes that are implicated in their permissivity. ..
- Rodriguez D, Gauthier F, Bertini E, Bugiani M, Brenner M, N guyen S, et al. Infantile Alexander disease: spectrum of GFAP mutations and genotype-phenotype correlation. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;69:1134-40 pubmed
- Lesne S, Blanchet S, Docagne F, Liot G, Plawinski L, Mackenzie E, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta1-modulated cerebral gene expression. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2002;22:1114-23 pubmed..The authors' observations enlarge the repertoire of known TGF-beta1-modulated genes and their possible involvement in neurodegenerative processes. ..
- Lee J, Wu Y, Qi Y, Xue H, Liu Y, Scheel D, et al. Neurogenin3 participates in gliogenesis in the developing vertebrate spinal cord. Dev Biol. 2003;253:84-98 pubmed..Overall, the data suggest that Ngn3 may regulate glial differentiation at a developmental stage prior to the segregation of the oligodendrocyte and astrocyte lineage. ..
- Felszeghy K, Banisadr G, Rostene W, Nyakas C, Haour F. Dexamethasone downregulates chemokine receptor CXCR4 and exerts neuroprotection against hypoxia/ischemia-induced brain injury in neonatal rats. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2004;11:404-13 pubmed..Attenuation of CXCR4 expression and astrogliosis could contribute to the neuroprotective effect of DEX pretreatment via influencing the inflammatory cascade induced by H/I in the neonatal brain. ..
- Broccardo C, Nieoullon V, Amin R, Masmejean F, Carta S, Tassi S, et al. ABCA2 is a marker of neural progenitors and neuronal subsets in the adult rodent brain. J Neurochem. 2006;97:345-55 pubmed..Considering that the latter are targets of Alzheimer's lesions, these data provide a new rationale to explore the neuropathological consequences of ABCA2 functional dysregulations...
- Ammari M, Gamez C, Lecomte A, Sakly M, Abdelmelek H, de Seze R. GFAP expression in the rat brain following sub-chronic exposure to a 900 MHz electromagnetic field signal. Int J Radiat Biol. 2010;86:367-75 pubmed publisher..Our results show that sub-chronic exposures to a 900 MHz EMF signal for two months could adversely affect rat brain (sign of a potential gliosis). ..
- Gautron L, De Smedt Peyrusse V, Layé S. Characterization of STAT3-expressing cells in the postnatal rat brain. Brain Res. 2006;1098:26-32 pubmed..In summary, our study reveals a complex regulation of STAT3 phosphorylation in the postnatal brain and provides in vivo evidence of the specific expression of STAT3 in maturating astrocytes and brainstem motoneurons. ..
- Colin C, Virard I, Baeza N, Tchoghandjian A, Fernandez C, Bouvier C, et al. Relevance of combinatorial profiles of intermediate filaments and transcription factors for glioma histogenesis. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2007;33:431-9 pubmed..Finally, in oligodendrogliomas, intermediate filament proteins are generally not observed whereas Olig2 was found in almost all tumour cells nuclei while only a subpopulation of tumour cells expressed Nkx2.2 and Sox10. ..
- Latremoliere A, Mauborgne A, Masson J, Bourgoin S, Kayser V, Hamon M, et al. Differential implication of proinflammatory cytokine interleukin-6 in the development of cephalic versus extracephalic neuropathic pain in rats. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8489-501 pubmed publisher..Our data further support the idea that different pathophysiological mechanisms contribute to the development of cephalic versus extracephalic neuropathic pain...