Experts and Doctors on genomics in Mexico
- López Ordóñez T, Panzera F, Tun Ku E, Ferrandis I, Ramsey J. [Genomic and proteomic contributions for Chagas disease control]. Salud Publica Mex. 2009;51 Suppl 3:S410-23 pubmed..Discussion of these contributions includes expectations for future basic and applied research questions. ..
- Cavalli F, Remke M, Rampášek L, Peacock J, Shih D, Luu B, et al. Intertumoral Heterogeneity within Medulloblastoma Subgroups. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:737-754.e6 pubmed publisher..Medulloblastoma subtypes identified through integrative clustering have important implications for stratification of future clinical trials. ..
- Perez Zamorano B, Rosas Madrigal S, Lozano O, Castillo Méndez M, Valverde Garduno V. Identification of cis-regulatory sequences reveals potential participation of lola and Deaf1 transcription factors in Anopheles gambiae innate immune response. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186435 pubmed publisher..The presence of Deaf1- and lola-type binding sites, along with REL- and STAT-type binding sites, suggests that the immunity function of these two factors could have been conserved both in Drosophila and Anopheles gambiae...
- Janga S, Collado Vides J, Moreno Hagelsieb G. Nebulon: a system for the inference of functional relationships of gene products from the rearrangement of predicted operons. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:2521-30 pubmed
- de Los Ángeles Bivian Hernández M, López Tlacomulco J, Mares Mares E, Ibarra J, Del Rincón Castro M. Genomic analysis of a Trichoplusia ni Betabaculovirus (TnGV) with three different viral enhancing factors and two unique genes. Arch Virol. 2017;162:3705-3715 pubmed publisher..This genome analysis may contribute to functional research on TnGV, and may form the bases for the utilization of this betabaculovirus as a pest control agent. ..
- García Lagunas N, Romero Geraldo R, Hernández Saavedra N. Genomics study of the exposure effect of Gymnodinium catenatum, a paralyzing toxin producer, on Crassostrea gigas' defense system and detoxification genes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72323 pubmed publisher..Given the importance of dinoflagellate blooms in coastal environments, these results provide a more comprehensive overview of how oysters respond to stress generated by toxic dinoflagellate exposure. ..
- López Guerrero M, Ormeño Orrillo E, Velázquez E, Rogel M, Acosta J, Gonzalez V, et al. Rhizobium etli taxonomy revised with novel genomic data and analyses. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2012;35:353-8 pubmed publisher..etli. The R. phaseoli and R. etli speciation process seems to be a more recent event than the speciation that has occurred among other sister species, such as R. leguminosarum-R. etli or R. rhizogenes-R. tropici...
- Torres L, Almazan C, Ayllón N, Galindo R, Rosario Cruz R, Quiroz Romero H, et al. Functional genomics of the horn fly, Haematobia irritans (Linnaeus, 1758). BMC Genomics. 2011;12:105 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to conduct a functional genomics study in female horn flies using Expressed Sequence Tags (EST) analysis and RNA interference (RNAi)...
- Estrada Navarrete G, Alvarado Affantranger X, Olivares J, Díaz Camino C, Santana O, Murillo E, et al. Agrobacterium rhizogenes transformation of the Phaseolus spp.: a tool for functional genomics. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2006;19:1385-93 pubmed..The A. rhizogenes-induced hairy root transformation in the genus Phaseolus sets the foundation for functional genomics programs focused on root physiology, root metabolism, and root-microbe interactions...
- Ormeño Orrillo E, Menna P, Almeida L, Ollero F, Nicolás M, Pains Rodrigues E, et al. Genomic basis of broad host range and environmental adaptability of Rhizobium tropici CIAT 899 and Rhizobium sp. PRF 81 which are used in inoculants for common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). BMC Genomics. 2012;13:735 pubmed publisher..The genetic determinants of these interesting characteristics remain largely unknown...
- Garza Ramos U, Silva Sanchez J, Martinez Romero E. [Genetics and genomics for the study of bacterial resistance]. Salud Publica Mex. 2009;51 Suppl 3:S439-46 pubmed