Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genomic instability in Denmark
Topic: genomic instability
- Germann S, Schramke V, Pedersen R, Gallina I, Eckert Boulet N, Oestergaard V, et al. TopBP1/Dpb11 binds DNA anaphase bridges to prevent genome instability. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:45-59 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we propose that TopBP1/Dpb11 prevents accumulation of anaphase bridges via stimulation of the Mec1/ATR kinase and suppression of homologous recombination...
- Patro B, Frøhlich R, Bohr V, Stevnsner T. WRN helicase regulates the ATR-CHK1-induced S-phase checkpoint pathway in response to topoisomerase-I-DNA covalent complexes. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3967-79 pubmed publisher..Together, our results strongly suggest an essential regulatory role for WRN in controlling the ATR-CHK1-mediated S-phase checkpoint in CPT-treated cells. ..
- Jørgensen S, Schotta G, Sørensen C. Histone H4 lysine 20 methylation: key player in epigenetic regulation of genomic integrity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2797-806 pubmed publisher..In this review, we explain molecular mechanisms underlying these defects and discuss novel ideas for furthering our understanding of genome maintenance in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Mailand N, Gibbs Seymour I, Bekker Jensen S. Regulation of PCNA-protein interactions for genome stability. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2013;14:269-82 pubmed publisher..This regulatory framework allows cells to maintain a fine-tuned balance between replication fidelity and processivity in response to DNA damage. ..
- Saredi G, Huang H, Hammond C, Alabert C, Bekker Jensen S, Forne I, et al. H4K20me0 marks post-replicative chromatin and recruits the TONSL–MMS22L DNA repair complex. Nature. 2016;534:714-718 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal a histone-reader-based mechanism for recognizing the post-replicative state, offering a new angle to understand DNA repair with the potential for targeted cancer therapy. ..
- Fleck O, Vejrup Hansen R, Watson A, Carr A, Nielsen O, Holmberg C. Spd1 accumulation causes genome instability independently of ribonucleotide reductase activity but functions to protect the genome when deoxynucleotide pools are elevated. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4985-94 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that excess Spd1 interferes with other functions in addition to its inhibitory effect on ribonucleotide reduction to generate replication stress and genome instability. ..
- Qvist P, Huertas P, Jimeno S, Nyegaard M, Hassan M, Jackson S, et al. CtIP Mutations Cause Seckel and Jawad Syndromes. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002310 pubmed publisher..This work thus identifies CtIP as a disease gene for Seckel and Jawad syndromes and defines a new type of genetic disease mechanism in which a dominant negative mutation yields a recessively inherited disorder...
- Jørgensen S, Elvers I, Trelle M, Menzel T, Eskildsen M, Jensen O, et al. The histone methyltransferase SET8 is required for S-phase progression. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:1337-45 pubmed publisher..Overall, we show that SET8 is essential for genomic stability in mammalian cells and that decreased expression of SET8 results in DNA damage and Chk1-dependent S-phase arrest. ..
- Bekker Jensen S, Fugger K, Danielsen J, Gromova I, Sehested M, Celis J, et al. Human Xip1 (C2orf13) is a novel regulator of cellular responses to DNA strand breaks. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19638-43 pubmed..Collectively, these findings implicate Xip1 as a new regulator of genome maintenance pathways, which may function to organize DNA strand break repair complexes at sites of DNA damage. ..
- Bartek J, Lukas J. DNA damage checkpoints: from initiation to recovery or adaptation. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2007;19:238-45 pubmed..Such studies highlight the dynamic nature of these processes and help us to better understand the molecular basis, spatiotemporal orchestration and biological significance of the DNA damage response in normal and cancerous cells. ..