Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetically modified plants in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: genetically modified plants
Publications181 found, 100 shown here
- Mlotshwa S, Schauer S, Smith T, Mallory A, Herr J, Roth B, et al. Ectopic DICER-LIKE1 expression in P1/HC-Pro Arabidopsis rescues phenotypic anomalies but not defects in microRNA and silencing pathways. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2873-85 pubmed..These data suggest that P1/HC-Pro defects in development do not result from general impairments in small RNA pathways and raise the possibility that DCL1 participates in processes in addition to miRNA biogenesis. ..
- Salome P, To J, Kieber J, McClung C. Arabidopsis response regulators ARR3 and ARR4 play cytokinin-independent roles in the control of circadian period. Plant Cell. 2006;18:55-69 pubmed..Therefore, ARR3 and ARR4 are critical for proper circadian period and define an additional level of regulation of the circadian clock in Arabidopsis. ..
- Mahfouz M, Kim S, Delauney A, Verma D. Arabidopsis TARGET OF RAPAMYCIN interacts with RAPTOR, which regulates the activity of S6 kinase in response to osmotic stress signals. Plant Cell. 2006;18:477-90 pubmed..Since homozygous mutation in TOR is lethal, it suggests that this pathway is essential for integrating the stress signals into the growth regulation. ..
- Sunkar R, Kapoor A, Zhu J. Posttranscriptional induction of two Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase genes in Arabidopsis is mediated by downregulation of miR398 and important for oxidative stress tolerance. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2051-65 pubmed..Thus, relieving miR398-guided suppression of CSD2 in transgenic plants is an effective new approach to improving plant productivity under oxidative stress conditions. ..
- Suttipanta N, Pattanaik S, Gunjan S, Xie C, Littleton J, Yuan L. Promoter analysis of the Catharanthus roseus geraniol 10-hydroxylase gene involved in terpenoid indole alkaloid biosynthesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1769:139-48 pubmed..Compared to other known promoters of TIA pathway genes, the G10H promoter contains unique binding sites for several transcription factors, suggesting that the G10H promoter may be regulated by a different transcriptional cascade. ..
- Ayella A, Trick H, Wang W. Enhancing lignan biosynthesis by over-expressing pinoresinol lariciresinol reductase in transgenic wheat. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007;51:1518-26 pubmed
- Zhou J, Lee C, Zhong R, Ye Z. MYB58 and MYB63 are transcriptional activators of the lignin biosynthetic pathway during secondary cell wall formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:248-66 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that MYB58 and MYB63 are specific transcriptional activators of lignin biosynthesis in the SND1-mediated transcriptional network regulating secondary wall formation. ..
- Falco S, Guida T, Locke M, Mauvais J, Sanders C, Ward R, et al. Transgenic canola and soybean seeds with increased lysine. Biotechnology (N Y). 1995;13:577-82 pubmed..Accumulation of alpha-amino adipic acid (AA) in canola and saccharopine in soybean, which are intermediates in lysine catabolism, was also observed. ..
- Cahoon E, Ripp K, Hall S, Kinney A. Formation of conjugated delta8,delta10-double bonds by delta12-oleic-acid desaturase-related enzymes: biosynthetic origin of calendic acid. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2637-43 pubmed..Regiospecificity for Delta(9)-double bonds is unprecedented among FAD2-related enzymes and further expands the functional diversity found in this family of enzymes. ..
- Paul A, Daugherty C, Bihn E, Chapman D, Norwood K, Ferl R. Transgene expression patterns indicate that spaceflight affects stress signal perception and transduction in arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2001;126:613-21 pubmed..This indicates that either the normal hypoxia response signaling is impaired in spaceflight or that spaceflight inappropriately induces Adh/GUS activity for reasons other than hypoxia. ..
- Krishnamurthy K, Mitra R, Payton M, Verchot Lubicz J. Cell-to-cell movement of the PVX 12K, 8K, or coat proteins may depend on the host, leaf developmental stage, and the PVX 25K protein. Virology. 2002;300:269-81 pubmed..Thus plasmodesmata gating is not an essential function of these proteins for virus cell-to-cell movement. These proteins likely provide additional activities for virus cell-to-cell movement...
- Chen C, Cheung A, Wu H. Actin-depolymerizing factor mediates Rac/Rop GTPase-regulated pollen tube growth. Plant Cell. 2003;15:237-49 pubmed..Together, the observations reported here strongly support the idea that NtRac1 modulates NtADF1 activity through phosphorylation at Ser-6 to regulate actin dynamics...
- Wang H, Hao L, Shung C, Sunter G, Bisaro D. Adenosine kinase is inactivated by geminivirus AL2 and L2 proteins. Plant Cell. 2003;15:3020-32 pubmed..AL2 proteins also have been shown to act as suppressors of RNA silencing, an adaptive host defense response. A possible relationship between ADK inactivation and silencing suppression is discussed...
- Perfus Barbeoch L, Jones A, Assmann S. Plant heterotrimeric G protein function: insights from Arabidopsis and rice mutants. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2004;7:719-31 pubmed..Results and concepts emerging from recent phenotypic analyses of G-protein component mutants in Arabidopsis and rice are adding to our understanding of G-protein mechanisms and functions in higher plants. ..
- Muralla R, Sweeney C, Stepansky A, Leustek T, Meinke D. Genetic dissection of histidine biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:890-903 pubmed
- Schmitz G, Sullivan M, Hatfield R. Three polyphenol oxidases from red clover (Trifolium pratense) differ in enzymatic activities and activation properties. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:272-80 pubmed..Results indicate red clover PPOs undergo structural and kinetic changes during activation and provide new insights to their effects in postharvest physiology...
- Combs D, Hartnell G. Alfalfa containing the glyphosate-tolerant trait has no effect on feed intake, milk composition, or milk production of dairy cattle. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:673-8 pubmed publisher..Milk production, milk composition, feed intake, and feed efficiency were not affected by feeding diets that contained nearly 40% glyphosate-tolerant alfalfa hay to lactating dairy cows. ..
- Mekuria T, Bamunusinghe D, Payton M, Verchot Lubicz J. Phloem unloading of potato virus X movement proteins is regulated by virus and host factors. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2008;21:1106-17 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that PVX contributes factors which enable specific unloading of cognate viral proteins and that proteolysis may play a role in limiting proteins in the phloem and surrounding chlorenchyma. ..
- Fu J, Momcilovic I, Clemente T, Nersesian N, Trick H, Ristic Z. Heterologous expression of a plastid EF-Tu reduces protein thermal aggregation and enhances CO2 fixation in wheat (Triticum aestivum) following heat stress. Plant Mol Biol. 2008;68:277-88 pubmed publisher..The results strongly suggest that heat tolerance of wheat, and possibly other crop plants, can be improved by modulating expression of plastidal EF-Tu and/or by selection of genotypes with increased endogenous levels of this protein. ..
- Xu X, Xie Q, McClung C. Robust circadian rhythms of gene expression in Brassica rapa tissue culture. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:841-50 pubmed publisher..rapa tissue culture provides a good model for the clock in planta. ..
- Goldstein J, Mason C, Pesek J. Dispersal and movement behavior of neonate European corn borer (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) on non-Bt and transgenic Bt corn. J Econ Entomol. 2010;103:331-9 pubmed..Results suggest that neonates are unable to detect Bt in the corn within 10 min but that they can detect it within the first hour. ..
- Warren R, Henk A, Mowery P, Holub E, Innes R. A mutation within the leucine-rich repeat domain of the Arabidopsis disease resistance gene RPS5 partially suppresses multiple bacterial and downy mildew resistance genes. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1439-52 pubmed..The third LRR is relatively well conserved, and we speculate that it may interact with a signal transduction component shared by multiple R gene pathways. ..
- Murfett J, Wang X, Hagen G, Guilfoyle T. Identification of Arabidopsis histone deacetylase HDA6 mutants that affect transgene expression. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1047-61 pubmed..Furthermore, the effect of AtHDA6 on transgene silencing may be independent of its histone deacetylase activity. ..
- Coviella C, Stipanovic R, Trumble J. Plant allocation to defensive compounds: interactions between elevated CO(2) and nitrogen in transgenic cotton plants. J Exp Bot. 2002;53:323-31 pubmed..These data indicate that for the future expected elevated CO(2) concentrations, plant allocation to defensive compounds will be affected enough to impact plant-herbivore interactions. ..
- Yu W, Murfett J, Schoelz J. Differential induction of symptoms in Arabidopsis by P6 of Cauliflower mosaic virus. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2003;16:35-42 pubmed..That comparative analysis of TAV function, coupled with the characterization of the D4-2 transgenic line in the present paper, indicates that the TAV function of P6 may play only a minor role in the development of chlorotic symptoms...
- Filichkin S, Leonard J, Monteros A, Liu P, Nonogaki H. A novel endo-beta-mannanase gene in tomato LeMAN5 is associated with anther and pollen development. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1080-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the LeMAN5 endo-beta-mannanase is associated with anther and pollen development...
- Li W, Li M, Zhang W, Welti R, Wang X. The plasma membrane-bound phospholipase Ddelta enhances freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nat Biotechnol. 2004;22:427-33 pubmed
- Roth B, Pruss G, Vance V. Plant viral suppressors of RNA silencing. Virus Res. 2004;102:97-108 pubmed..Because they interfere with silencing at different points in the pathway, these viral suppressors are powerful tools to help unravel the mechanism of RNA silencing in plants...
- el Khatib R, Hamerlynck E, Gallardo F, Kirby E. Transgenic poplar characterized by ectopic expression of a pine cytosolic glutamine synthetase gene exhibits enhanced tolerance to water stress. Tree Physiol. 2004;24:729-36 pubmed..The data also suggest that ectopic expression of cytosolic GS increases photorespiratory activity, and that this serves as a protective sink for electrons from photosynthetic reaction centers. ..
- He Y, Gan S. A novel zinc-finger protein with a proline-rich domain mediates ABA-regulated seed dormancy in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;54:1-9 pubmed..These results suggest that this novel zinc-finger protein with a proline-rich N-terminus is an important downstream component of the ABA signaling pathway that mediates ABA-regulated seed dormancy in Arabidopsis. ..
- Xu Q, Belcastro M, Villa S, Dinkins R, Clarke S, Downie A. A second protein L-isoaspartyl methyltransferase gene in Arabidopsis produces two transcripts whose products are sequestered in the nucleus. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:2652-64 pubmed..Furthermore, cleaved amplified polymorphic sequences from PIMT2 amplicons determined that ABA preferentially enhances the production of PIMT2omega transcript in leaves and possibly in tissues other than germinating seeds. ..
- Heyer J, Parker B, Becker D, Ruffino J, Fordyce A, Witt M, et al. Steroid profiles of transgenic tobacco expressing an Actinomyces 3-hydroxysteroid oxidase gene. Phytochemistry. 2004;65:2967-76 pubmed
- Folta K, Staton M, Stewart P, Jung S, Bies D, Jesdurai C, et al. Expressed sequence tags (ESTs) and simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers from octoploid strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa). BMC Plant Biol. 2005;5:12 pubmed..As a first step to remedy this discrepancy a cDNA library has been developed from salicylate-treated, whole-plant tissues and over 1800 expressed sequence tags (EST's) have been sequenced and analyzed...
- Dharmasiri S, Swarup R, Mockaitis K, Dharmasiri N, Singh S, Kowalchyk M, et al. AXR4 is required for localization of the auxin influx facilitator AUX1. Science. 2006;312:1218-20 pubmed..Loss of AXR4 resulted in abnormal accumulation of AUX1 in the ER of epidermal cells, indicating that the axr4 agravitropic phenotype is caused by defective AUX1 trafficking in the root epidermis...
- Parry G, Ward S, Cernac A, Dharmasiri S, Estelle M. The Arabidopsis SUPPRESSOR OF AUXIN RESISTANCE proteins are nucleoporins with an important role in hormone signaling and development. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1590-603 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the important role of the plant NPC in hormone signaling and development. ..
- Jain M, Chengalrayan K, Abouzid A, Gallo M. Prospecting the utility of a PMI/mannose selection system for the recovery of transgenic sugarcane (Saccharum spp. hybrid) plants. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:581-90 pubmed..Expression of manA in the transgenic plants was evaluated using a chlorophenol red assay and enzymatic analysis. ..
- Fujii H, Verslues P, Zhu J. Identification of two protein kinases required for abscisic acid regulation of seed germination, root growth, and gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:485-94 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that SnRK2.2 and SnRK2.3 are redundant but key protein kinases that mediate a major part of ABA signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- James C, Xin G, Doty S, Strand S. Degradation of low molecular weight volatile organic compounds by plants genetically modified with mammalian cytochrome P450 2E1. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:289-93 pubmed
- Fowler J, Narváez Vásquez J, Aromdee D, Pautot V, Holzer F, Walling L. Leucine aminopeptidase regulates defense and wound signaling in tomato downstream of jasmonic acid. Plant Cell. 2009;21:1239-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggested that LAP-A has a role in modulating essential defenses against herbivores by promoting late wound responses and acting downstream of JA biosynthesis and perception. ..
- Zhang X, Chen S, Mou Z. Nuclear localization of NPR1 is required for regulation of salicylate tolerance, isochorismate synthase 1 expression and salicylate accumulation in Arabidopsis. J Plant Physiol. 2010;167:144-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the NLS and nuclear localization of NPR1 are required for regulation of SA tolerance, ICS1 expression and SA accumulation. ..
- Miller M, Barrett Wilt G, Hua Z, Vierstra R. Proteomic analyses identify a diverse array of nuclear processes affected by small ubiquitin-like modifier conjugation in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16512-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that SUMOylation represents a rapid and global mechanism for reversibly manipulating plant chromosomal functions, especially during environmental stress. ..
- Lee H, Humann J, Pitrak J, Cuperus J, Parks T, Whistler C, et al. Translation start sequences affect the efficiency of silencing of Agrobacterium tumefaciens T-DNA oncogenes. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:966-77 pubmed..Silencing A. tumefaciens T-DNA oncogenes is a new and effective method to produce plants resistant to crown gall disease. ..
- Candela H, Johnston R, Gerhold A, Foster T, Hake S. The milkweed pod1 gene encodes a KANADI protein that is required for abaxial/adaxial patterning in maize leaves. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2073-87 pubmed publisher..The phenotype of mwp1; Rld1 double mutants shows that both genes are also required early in leaf development to delineate leaf margins as well as to initiate vascular and photosynthetic tissues...
- Ciardi J, Tieman D, Jones J, Klee H. Reduced expression of the tomato ethylene receptor gene LeETR4 enhances the hypersensitive response to Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2001;14:487-95 pubmed..Because the ethylene action inhibitor 1-methylcyclopropene alleviates the enhanced HR phenotype in LeETR4 antisense plants, these changes in pathogen response are a result of increased ethylene sensitivity. ..
- Febres V, Niblett C, Lee R, Moore G. Characterization of grapefruit plants (Citrus paradisi Macf.) transformed with citrus tristeza closterovirus genes. Plant Cell Rep. 2003;21:421-8 pubmed..Although some transgenic plants averaged lower titers of virus than controls, there was great variability in titer in both controls and transgenic plants, and all were apparently susceptible to the virus...
- James V, Neibaur I, Altpeter F. Stress inducible expression of the DREB1A transcription factor from xeric, Hordeum spontaneum L. in turf and forage grass (Paspalum notatum Flugge) enhances abiotic stress tolerance. Transgenic Res. 2008;17:93-104 pubmed..The observed abiotic stress tolerance is very desirable in turf and forage grasses like bahiagrass, where seasonal droughts and irrigation restrictions affect establishment, persistence or productivity of this perennial crop...
- Fernandez D, Heck G, Perry S, Patterson S, Bleecker A, Fang S. The embryo MADS domain factor AGL15 acts postembryonically. Inhibition of perianth senescence and abscission via constitutive expression. Plant Cell. 2000;12:183-98 pubmed..Abscission-associated gene expression and structural changes were also altered in the presence of ectopic AGL15. ..
- Manak M, Paul A, Sehnke P, Ferl R. Remote sensing of gene expression in Planta: transgenic plants as monitors of exogenous stress perception in extraterrestrial environments. Life Support Biosph Sci. 2002;8:83-91 pubmed
- Reddy G, Meyerowitz E. Stem-cell homeostasis and growth dynamics can be uncoupled in the Arabidopsis shoot apex. Science. 2005;310:663-7 pubmed
- Li B, Xie C, Qiu H. Production of selectable marker-free transgenic tobacco plants using a non-selection approach: chimerism or escape, transgene inheritance, and efficiency. Plant Cell Rep. 2009;28:373-86 pubmed publisher..Transgenes in these transgenic plants were able to transmit the transgene into progeny in a similar fashion as those recovered under selection. ..
- Li J, Todd T, Trick H. Rapid in planta evaluation of root expressed transgenes in chimeric soybean plants. Plant Cell Rep. 2010;29:113-23 pubmed publisher..glycines reproduction was detected for the two constructs. This method takes on average four weeks to produce chimeric plants ready for transgene analysis. ..
- Zheng Z, Xing Y, He X, Li W, Hu Y, Yadav S, et al. An SGS3-like protein functions in RNA-directed DNA methylation and transcriptional gene silencing in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2010;62:92-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that RDM12 is a component of the RdDM pathway, and suggest that RdDM may involve double-stranded RNAs with a 5' overhang and the partnering between RDM12 and RDR2. ..
- Tieman D, Loucas H, Kim J, Clark D, Klee H. Tomato phenylacetaldehyde reductases catalyze the last step in the synthesis of the aroma volatile 2-phenylethanol. Phytochemistry. 2007;68:2660-9 pubmed publisher..The in vivo alteration of volatile emissions is an important step toward altering aroma volatiles in plants...
- Hur J, Choi E, Buckley K, Lee S, Davis K. Identification of a promoter motif involved in Curtovirus sense-gene expression in transgenic Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2008;26:131-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Curtovirus late gene expression by virion-sense promoters depends on the developmental stage of the host plant as well as on the number of CLE motifs present in the promoter. ..
- Kandasamy M, McKinney E, Meagher R. A single vegetative actin isovariant overexpressed under the control of multiple regulatory sequences is sufficient for normal Arabidopsis development. Plant Cell. 2009;21:701-18 pubmed publisher..In summary, it is evident that differences in vegetative actin gene regulation and the diversity in actin isovariant sequences are essential for normal plant development. ..
- Xiong Y, DeFraia C, Williams D, Zhang X, Mou Z. Characterization of Arabidopsis 6-phosphogluconolactonase T-DNA insertion mutants reveals an essential role for the oxidative section of the plastidic pentose phosphate pathway in plant growth and development. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:1277-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, pgl3 provides a useful tool not only for defining the role of the PPP in different subcellular compartments, but also for dissecting the SA/NPR1-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Maloney G, Kochevenko A, Tieman D, Tohge T, Krieger U, Zamir D, et al. Characterization of the branched-chain amino acid aminotransferase enzyme family in tomato. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:925-36 pubmed publisher..Together, these results support a model in which the mitochondrial SlBCAT1 and -2 function in BCAA catabolism while the chloroplastic SlBCAT3 and -4 function in BCAA synthesis. ..
- Jack T, Sieburth L, Meyerowitz E. Targeted misexpression of AGAMOUS in whorl 2 of Arabidopsis flowers. Plant J. 1997;11:825-39 pubmed
- Mallory A, Ely L, Smith T, Marathe R, Anandalakshmi R, Fagard M, et al. HC-Pro suppression of transgene silencing eliminates the small RNAs but not transgene methylation or the mobile signal. Plant Cell. 2001;13:571-83 pubmed..These results demonstrate that HC-Pro functions downstream of transgene methylation and the mobile signal at a step preceding accumulation of the small RNAs. ..
- Shuai B, Reynaga Peña C, Springer P. The lateral organ boundaries gene defines a novel, plant-specific gene family. Plant Physiol. 2002;129:747-61 pubmed..The expression of LOB at the base of lateral organs suggests a potential role for LOB in lateral organ development. ..
- Huang L, Brooks S, Li W, Fellers J, Trick H, Gill B. Map-based cloning of leaf rust resistance gene Lr21 from the large and polyploid genome of bread wheat. Genetics. 2003;164:655-64 pubmed..The successful map-based cloning approach as demonstrated here now opens the door for cloning of many crop-specific agronomic traits located in the gene-rich regions of bread wheat. ..
- Nag A, King S, Jack T. miR319a targeting of TCP4 is critical for petal growth and development in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:22534-9 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, when AP3:TCP4 is present in a miR319a(129) background, petal and stamen development is severely disrupted, suggesting that proper regulation by miR319a of TCP4 is critical in these floral organs. ..
- Rao M, Lee H, Creelman R, Mullet J, Davis K. Jasmonic acid signaling modulates ozone-induced hypersensitive cell death. Plant Cell. 2000;12:1633-46 pubmed..Analyses of the responses to O(3) of the JA-signaling mutants jar1 and fad3/7/8 also demonstrated an antagonistic relationship between JA- and SA-signaling pathways in controlling the magnitude of O(3)-induced HR-like cell death. ..
- Dong X, Braun E, Grotewold E. Functional conservation of plant secondary metabolic enzymes revealed by complementation of Arabidopsis flavonoid mutants with maize genes. Plant Physiol. 2001;127:46-57 pubmed..This is in sharp contrast to the notion that the more relaxed selective constrains to which secondary metabolic pathways are subjected is responsible for the rapid divergence of the corresponding enzymes. ..
- Park S, Rancour D, Bednarek S. In planta analysis of the cell cycle-dependent localization of AtCDC48A and its critical roles in cell division, expansion, and differentiation. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:246-58 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that CDC48A/p97 is critical for cytokinesis, cell expansion, and differentiation in plants. ..
- Zheng Z, Nafisi M, Tam A, Li H, Crowell D, Chary S, et al. Plasma membrane-associated ROP10 small GTPase is a specific negative regulator of abscisic acid responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2002;14:2787-97 pubmed..These results suggest that ROP10 is a PM-localized signaling molecule that is involved specifically in the negative regulation of ABA signaling. ..
- Dharmasiri N, Dharmasiri S, Weijers D, Lechner E, Yamada M, Hobbie L, et al. Plant development is regulated by a family of auxin receptor F box proteins. Dev Cell. 2005;9:109-19 pubmed..Correspondingly, all TIR1/AFB proteins interact with BDL, and BDL is stabilized in triple mutant plants. Our results indicate that TIR1 and the AFB proteins collectively mediate auxin responses throughout plant development. ..
- Spencer L, Snow A. Fecundity of transgenic wild-crop hybrids of Cucurbita pepo (Cucurbitaceae): implications for crop-to-wild gene flow. Heredity (Edinb). 2001;86:694-702 pubmed..These results suggest that the F1 generation does not represent a strong barrier to the introgression of neutral or beneficial crop genes into free-living populations of C. pepo. ..
- Pegadaraju V, Louis J, Singh V, Reese J, Bautor J, Feys B, et al. Phloem-based resistance to green peach aphid is controlled by Arabidopsis PHYTOALEXIN DEFICIENT4 without its signaling partner ENHANCED DISEASE SUSCEPTIBILITY1. Plant J. 2007;52:332-41 pubmed..Thus, a PAD4 mode of action that is uncoupled from EDS1 determines the extent of aphid feeding in the phloem. ..
- Ziegelhoffer T, Raasch J, Austin Phillips S. Expression of Acidothermus cellulolyticus E1 endo-beta-1,4-glucanase catalytic domain in transplastomic tobacco. Plant Biotechnol J. 2009;7:527-36 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, the active recombinant enzyme was recovered very easily and efficiently from dried plant material and constituted as much as 0.3% of the dry weight of leaf tissue...
- Kang B, Busse J, Bednarek S. Members of the Arabidopsis dynamin-like gene family, ADL1, are essential for plant cytokinesis and polarized cell growth. Plant Cell. 2003;15:899-913 pubmed..We propose that ADL1-mediated membrane recycling is essential for plasma membrane formation and maintenance in plants. ..
- Basu C, Luo H, Kausch A, Chandlee J. Transient reporter gene (GUS) expression in creeping bentgrass (Agrostis palustris) is affected by in vivo nucleolytic activity. Biotechnol Lett. 2003;25:939-44 pubmed..Similar enhancement from heparin pretreatment (0.6% or 1.2%) was not observed in 6-month old callus. This is likely due to much higher activities of nuclease in the younger callus. ..
- Basu C, Kausch A, Luo H, Chandlee J. Promoter analysis in transient assays using a GUS reporter gene construct in creeping bentgrass (Agrostis palustris). J Plant Physiol. 2003;160:1233-9 pubmed..This is the first in depth report on organ-specific and developmental gene expression profiles for transgenes in a turfgrass species...
- Verdonk J, Shibuya K, Loucas H, Colquhoun T, Underwood B, Clark D. Flower-specific expression of the Agrobacterium tumefaciens isopentenyltransferase gene results in radial expansion of floral organs in Petunia hybrida. Plant Biotechnol J. 2008;6:694-701 pubmed publisher..This strategy has the potential for use in the production of ornamental crops with large flowers and crop species with larger fruit...
- Fu D, Huang B, Xiao Y, Muthukrishnan S, Liang G. Overexpression of barley hva1 gene in creeping bentgrass for improving drought tolerance. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:467-77 pubmed
- Fan Z, Yuan L. Production of multifunctional chimaeric enzymes in plants: a promising approach for degrading plant cell wall from within. Plant Biotechnol J. 2010;8:308-15 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate the feasibility of producing multifunctional lignocellulosic hydrolases in plants. Key considerations in the design, construction and plant expression of the chimaeric genes are discussed. ..
- Jambunathan N, Penaganti A, Tang Y, Mahalingam R. Modulation of redox homeostasis under suboptimal conditions by Arabidopsis nudix hydrolase 7. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:173 pubmed publisher..During stress conditions, rapid induction of AtNUDT7 is important for regulating the activation of stress/defense signaling and cell death pathways. ..
- Bruins M, Kapil S, Oehme F. Characterization of a small plasmid (pMBCP) from bovine Pseudomonas pickettii that confers cadmium resistance. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2003;54:241-8 pubmed..The DNA sequence is contained in GenBank accession number AF144733. Thus, pMBCP offers low-level cadmium resistance to P. picketttii. ..
- Nodzon L, Xu W, Wang Y, Pi L, Chakrabarty P, Song W. The ubiquitin ligase XBAT32 regulates lateral root development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;40:996-1006 pubmed..Treatment with auxin increases the expression of XBAT32 in the primary root and partially rescues the lateral root defect in xbat32-1 mutant plants. Thus, XBAT32 is a novel ubiquitin ligase required for lateral root initiation. ..
- Gonzalez A, Zhao M, Leavitt J, Lloyd A. Regulation of the anthocyanin biosynthetic pathway by the TTG1/bHLH/Myb transcriptional complex in Arabidopsis seedlings. Plant J. 2008;53:814-27 pubmed..Expression profiles for Myb and bHLH regulators are also presented in the context of pigment production in young seedlings. ..
- Nadeau J, Sack F. Control of stomatal distribution on the Arabidopsis leaf surface. Science. 2002;296:1697-700 pubmed..TMM appears to function in a position-dependent signaling pathway that controls the plane of patterning divisions as well as the balance between stem cell renewal and differentiation in stomatal and epidermal development. ..
- Lu C, Han M, Guevara Garcia A, Fedoroff N. Mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling in postgermination arrest of development by abscisic acid. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:15812-7 pubmed..Making use of the ABA-hypersensitive hyl1 mutant of Arabidopsis, we show that the ABA signal is transmitted to the transcriptional apparatus through mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling. ..
- Ladics G. Current codex guidelines for assessment of potential protein allergenicity. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46 Suppl 10:S20-3 pubmed publisher..Additional approaches may be considered (e.g., animal models; targeted sera screening) as the science evolves; however, such approaches have not been thoroughly evaluated or validated for predicting protein allergenicity. ..
- Parry G, Calderon Villalobos L, Prigge M, Peret B, Dharmasiri S, Itoh H, et al. Complex regulation of the TIR1/AFB family of auxin receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:22540-5 pubmed publisher..However our data suggest that this regulation is complex. Our results suggest that differences between members of the auxin receptor family may contribute to the complexity of auxin response. ..
- Cheon C, Lee N, Siddique A, Bal A, Verma D. Roles of plant homologs of Rab1p and Rab7p in the biogenesis of the peribacteroid membrane, a subcellular compartment formed de novo during root nodule symbiosis. EMBO J. 1993;12:4125-35 pubmed..These data suggest that both Rab1p and Rab7p are essential for the development of the PBM compartment in effective symbiosis...
- Jiang L, Phillips T, Rogers S, Rogers J. Biogenesis of the protein storage vacuole crystalloid. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:755-70 pubmed..The uptake and preservation of the contents of these organelles in vacuoles represents a unique mechanism for compartmentalization of protein and lipid for storage. ..
- Dasgupta R, Garcia B, Goodman R. Systemic spread of an RNA insect virus in plants expressing plant viral movement protein genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:4910-5 pubmed