Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic transcription in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: genetic transcription
Publications378 found, 100 shown here
- Baumann H, Kunapuli P, Tracy E, Cowell J. The oncogenic fusion protein-tyrosine kinase ZNF198/fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 has signaling function comparable with interleukin-6 cytokine receptors. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16198-208 pubmed..This study documents that both gene partners forming the fusion oncogene define the activity and the signaling specificity of the protein-tyrosine kinase of FGFR1. ..
- Liu B, Kim Y, Leatherberry V, Cowin P, Alexander C. Mammary gland development requires syndecan-1 to create a beta-catenin/TCF-responsive mammary epithelial subpopulation. Oncogene. 2003;22:9243-53 pubmed
- Bateman N, Tan D, Pestell R, Black J, Black A. Intestinal tumor progression is associated with altered function of KLF5. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12093-101 pubmed..Collectively, these data indicate that intestinal tumor progression is associated with a change in the growth-related functions of KLF5 and that intestinal tumors down-regulate KLF5 expression by multiple mechanisms. ..
- Schmittgen T, Jiang J, Liu Q, Yang L. A high-throughput method to monitor the expression of microRNA precursors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:e43 pubmed..We propose that the PCR assay may be scaled up to include all of the 150+ known human miRNA genes and can easily be adaptable to other organisms such as plants, Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila. ..
- Lin X, Ryu K, Jhiang S. Cloning of the 5'-flanking region of mouse sodium/iodide symporter and identification of a thyroid-specific and TSH-responsive enhancer. Thyroid. 2004;14:19-27 pubmed..The high degree of homology in the 5'-flanking region between mNIS and rNIS suggests that mNIS and rNIS share similar mechanisms for transcriptional regulation. ..
- Xie Y, Reeve J. Transcription by an archaeal RNA polymerase is slowed but not blocked by an archaeal nucleosome. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:3492-8 pubmed..This inhibited transcription presumably by preventing archaeal TATA-box binding protein, general transcription factor TFB, and RNAP access and thus inhibiting transcription initiation...
- Wang N, Ahmed S, Haqqi T. Genomic structure and functional characterization of the promoter region of human IkappaB kinase-related kinase IKKi/IKKvarepsilon gene. Gene. 2005;353:118-33 pubmed..These data for the first time characterize the promoter region and provide further insights into the transcriptional regulation of IKKi in human chondrocytes and other cell types. ..
- Chen F, Kim E, Wang C, Harrison L. Ciglitazone-induced p27 gene transcriptional activity is mediated through Sp1 and is negatively regulated by the MAPK signaling pathway. Cell Signal. 2005;17:1572-7 pubmed
- Kovacikova G, Lin W, Skorupski K. Dual regulation of genes involved in acetoin biosynthesis and motility/biofilm formation by the virulence activator AphA and the acetate-responsive LysR-type regulator AlsR in Vibrio cholerae. Mol Microbiol. 2005;57:420-33 pubmed..The results here provide a model for the dual regulation of these processes by acetate and quorum sensing through AlsR and AphA. ..
- Santangelo T, Reeve J. Archaeal RNA polymerase is sensitive to intrinsic termination directed by transcribed and remote sequences. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:196-210 pubmed
- Jiang Y, Serviene E, Gal J, Panavas T, Nagy P. Identification of essential host factors affecting tombusvirus RNA replication based on the yeast Tet promoters Hughes Collection. J Virol. 2006;80:7394-404 pubmed..Sci. USA 102:7326-7331, 2005) led to the identification of 126 host genes (out of approximately 5,600 genes that represent approximately 95% of all the known and predicted yeast genes) that affected the accumulation of tombusvirus RNA...
- Saleem M, Kweon M, Johnson J, Adhami V, Elcheva I, Khan N, et al. S100A4 accelerates tumorigenesis and invasion of human prostate cancer through the transcriptional regulation of matrix metalloproteinase 9. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14825-30 pubmed..We suggest that S100A4 could be used as a biomarker for CaP progression and a novel therapeutic or chemopreventive target for human CaP treatment. ..
- Wu S, Chiang C. The double bromodomain-containing chromatin adaptor Brd4 and transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:13141-5 pubmed..The dual role of Brd4 in gene activation and repression illustrates how a dynamic chromatin-binding adaptor is able to recruit distinct transcriptional regulators to modulate promoter activity through cell cycle progression. ..
- Xu Y, Fang F, Dhar S, St Clair W, Kasarskis E, St Clair D. The role of a single-stranded nucleotide loop in transcriptional regulation of the human sod2 gene. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15981-94 pubmed..These results suggest a novel molecular mechanism for communication between the enhancer and the GC-rich promoter. ..
- Gilmour D, Fan R. Derailing the locomotive: transcription termination. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:661-4 pubmed
- Dangel A, Tabita F. Protein-protein interactions between CbbR and RegA (PrrA), transcriptional regulators of the cbb operons of Rhodobacter sphaeroides. Mol Microbiol. 2009;71:717-29 pubmed publisher..These studies support the premise that both CbbR and RegA are necessary for optimal transcription of the cbb(I) operon genes of R. sphaeroides...
- Paik J, Wang B, Liu K, Lue J, Lin W. Regulation of E2F1-induced apoptosis by the nucleolar protein RRP1B. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6348-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, E2F1 makes use of its transcriptional target RRP1B to activate other genes directly involved in apoptosis. Our data also suggest an underappreciated role for nucleolar proteins in transcriptional regulation. ..
- Hoque M, Mathews M, PE ERY T. Progranulin (granulin/epithelin precursor) and its constituent granulin repeats repress transcription from cellular promoters. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:224-33 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that intracellular GEP is a promoter-specific transcriptional repressor that modulates the function of cellular and viral transcription factors. ..
- Billheimer J, Strehl L, Davis G, Strauss J, Davis L. Characterization of a cDNA encoding rat sterol carrier protein2. DNA Cell Biol. 1990;9:159-65 pubmed..5 kb). Levels of SCP2 mRNA increased in parallel with cytochrome P450scc mRNA in the immature gonadotropin-primed rat ovary. The isolation of a cDNA clone encoding SCP2 will facilitate studies on its role in cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Nicholson W, Park Y, Henkin T, Won M, Weickert M, Gaskell J, et al. Catabolite repression-resistant mutations of the Bacillus subtilis alpha-amylase promoter affect transcription levels and are in an operator-like sequence. J Mol Biol. 1987;198:609-18 pubmed
- Lycan D, Mikesell G, Bunger M, Breeden L. Differential effects of Cdc68 on cell cycle-regulated promoters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7455-65 pubmed..We suggest that Cdc68 functions both in the assembly of repressive complexes that form on many intact promoters in vivo and in the relief of this repression during gene activation. ..
- Zhao Y, Chegini N, Flanders K. Human fallopian tube expresses transforming growth factor (TGF beta) isoforms, TGF beta type I-III receptor messenger ribonucleic acid and protein, and contains [125I]TGF beta-binding sites. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994;79:1177-84 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence that human fallopian tubes express mRNA and protein and contain specific binding sites for TGF beta system, suggesting an autocrine/paracrine role for TGF beta in a variety of tubal functions. ..
- Yomano L, Scopes R, Ingram L. Cloning, sequencing, and expression of the Zymomonas mobilis phosphoglycerate mutase gene (pgm) in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:3926-33 pubmed..Z. mobilis phosphoglycerate mutase is unusual in that it lacks the flexible tail and lysines at the carboxy terminus which are present in the enzyme isolated from all other organisms examined. ..
- Wagstaff P, Kang H, Mylott D, Robbins P, White M. Characterization of the avian GLUT1 glucose transporter: differential regulation of GLUT1 and GLUT3 in chicken embryo fibroblasts. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:1575-89 pubmed..This suggests that animal cells require both a basal and an upregulatable glucose transporter and that these functions have been subsumed by different GLUT isoforms in avian and mammalian cells. ..
- Coffman J, Kirchhamer C, Harrington M, Davidson E. SpRunt-1, a new member of the runt domain family of transcription factors, is a positive regulator of the aboral ectoderm-specific CyIIIA gene in sea urchin embryos. Dev Biol. 1996;174:43-54 pubmed..These results are discussed with reference to known features of the runt domain family of transcription factors. ..
- Wu D, Kalpana G, Goff S, Schubach W. Epstein-Barr virus nuclear protein 2 (EBNA2) binds to a component of the human SNF-SWI complex, hSNF5/Ini1. J Virol. 1996;70:6020-8 pubmed..We postulate that EBNA2 engages the hSNF-SWI complex to generate an open chromatin conformation at the EBNA2-responsive target genes, thereby potentiating the function of the RBP-JK-EBNA2-polymerase II transcription complex. ..
- Hanson R, Reshef L. Regulation of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) gene expression. Annu Rev Biochem. 1997;66:581-611 pubmed..The PEPCK-C gene provides a model for the metabolic control of gene transcription. ..
- Webb E, Claas K, Downs D. thiBPQ encodes an ABC transporter required for transport of thiamine and thiamine pyrophosphate in Salmonella typhimurium. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8946-50 pubmed..This work represents the first identification of thiamine transport genes in bacteria and demonstrates the function of a proposed ABC transporter in E. coli...
- Chen J, Heckert L. Dmrt1 expression is regulated by follicle-stimulating hormone and phorbol esters in postnatal Sertoli cells. Endocrinology. 2001;142:1167-78 pubmed..Studies also show that Dmrt1 expression was inhibited by phorbol esters (PMA) but only modestly effected by serum. ..
- Chung S, Andersson T, Sonntag K, Björklund L, Isacson O, Kim K. Analysis of different promoter systems for efficient transgene expression in mouse embryonic stem cell lines. Stem Cells. 2002;20:139-45 pubmed..Our data show that individual promoters have different abilities to express reporter gene expression in the ES and other cell types tested. ..
- Gollnick P, Babitzke P. Transcription attenuation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1577:240-50 pubmed..Finally, antisense RNA is involved in mediating transcription attenuation to control copy number of several plasmids. ..
- Trushin S, Pennington K, Carmona E, Asin S, Savoy D, Billadeau D, et al. Protein kinase Calpha (PKCalpha) acts upstream of PKCtheta to activate IkappaB kinase and NF-kappaB in T lymphocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7068-81 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that PKCalpha acts upstream of PKCtheta to activate the IKK complex and NF-kappaB in T lymphocytes following TCR activation. ..
- Ruschak A, Mathews D, Bibillo A, Spinelli S, Childs J, Eickbush T, et al. Secondary structure models of the 3' untranslated regions of diverse R2 RNAs. RNA. 2004;10:978-87 pubmed..The structures appear to have common helices that are likely important for function. ..
- Lin Q, Rikihisa Y, Massung R, Woldehiwet Z, Falco R. Polymorphism and transcription at the p44-1/p44-18 genomic locus in Anaplasma phagocytophilum strains from diverse geographic regions. Infect Immun. 2004;72:5574-81 pubmed..These p44 loci provide insight into the molecular evolution and functional divergence of p44 paralogs and may serve as markers for typing strains from different geographic regions. ..
- Curtin J, Spinella M. p53 in human embryonal carcinoma: identification of a transferable, transcriptional repression domain in the N-terminal region of p53. Oncogene. 2005;24:1481-90 pubmed..These data indicate that a unique repressor domain resides in p53 at residues 90-116 whose activity can be modulated in the presence of 'differentiation therapy' and 'transcription therapy' agents...
- Roy H, Ling J, Alfonzo J, Ibba M. Loss of editing activity during the evolution of mitochondrial phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38186-92 pubmed
- Bjornson C, Griffin K, Farr G, Terashima A, Himeda C, Kikuchi Y, et al. Eomesodermin is a localized maternal determinant required for endoderm induction in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2005;9:523-33 pubmed..Direct physical interactions between Eomes, Bon, and Gata5 suggest that Eomes promotes endoderm induction in marginal blastomeres by facilitating the assembly of a transcriptional activating complex on the cas promoter. ..
- Carrozza M, Li B, Florens L, Suganuma T, Swanson S, Lee K, et al. Histone H3 methylation by Set2 directs deacetylation of coding regions by Rpd3S to suppress spurious intragenic transcription. Cell. 2005;123:581-92 pubmed..This erases transcription elongation-associated acetylation to suppress intragenic transcription initiation. ..
- Rajaram M, Ganesan L, Parsa K, Butchar J, Gunn J, Tridandapani S. Akt/Protein kinase B modulates macrophage inflammatory response to Francisella infection and confers a survival advantage in mice. J Immunol. 2006;177:6317-24 pubmed..Together, these observations indicate that Akt promotes proinflammatory cytokine production by F. novicida-infected macrophages through its influence on NF-kappaB, thereby contributing to immunity against F. novicida infection. ..
- Újvári A, Hsieh F, Luse S, Studitsky V, Luse D. Histone N-terminal tails interfere with nucleosome traversal by RNA polymerase II. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:32236-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that histone tails provide a significant part of the nucleosomal barrier to pol II transcript elongation. ..
- Wan Y, Xiao H, Affolter J, Kim T, Bulek K, Chaudhuri S, et al. Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 2 is critical for lipopolysaccharide-mediated post-transcriptional control. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10367-75 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that IRAK2 is required for LPS-mediated post-transcriptional control of cytokine and chemokine expression, which plays an essential role in TLR4-induced septic shock. ..
- Sevova E, Goren M, Schwartz K, Hsu F, Turk J, Fox B, et al. Cell-free synthesis and functional characterization of sphingolipid synthases from parasitic trypanosomatid protozoa. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20580-7 pubmed publisher..These results represent the first application of cell-free synthesis for the rapid preparation and functional annotation of integral membrane proteins and thus illustrate its utility in studying otherwise intractable enzyme systems...
- Kirby A, Metzger D, Murphy E, Connell T. Heme utilization in Bordetella avium is regulated by RhuI, a heme-responsive extracytoplasmic function sigma factor. Infect Immun. 2001;69:6951-61 pubmed..Heme, hemoglobin, and several other heme-containing proteins were shown to be the extracellular inducers of the rhuI-dependent regulatory system. Fur titration assays indicated that expression of rhuI was probably Fur dependent...
- Welcker M, Clurman B. The SV40 large T antigen contains a decoy phosphodegron that mediates its interactions with Fbw7/hCdc4. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7654-8 pubmed..Our data suggest that LT competes with cellular proteins for Fbw7 binding in a substrate-like fashion. ..
- Im H, Grass J, Johnson K, Kim S, Boyer M, Imbalzano A, et al. Chromatin domain activation via GATA-1 utilization of a small subset of dispersed GATA motifs within a broad chromosomal region. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17065-70 pubmed..The differential utilization of dispersed GATA motifs therefore establishes spatial/temporal regulation and underlies the multistep activation mechanism. ..
- Wang X, Kikuchi T, Rikihisa Y. Proteomic identification of a novel Anaplasma phagocytophilum DNA binding protein that regulates a putative transcription factor. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:4880-6 pubmed..Addition of regions I, II, and III did not enhance transactivation. These results show that ApxR is a novel transcriptional regulator that directly regulates tr1. ..
- Falahatpisheh H, Nanez A, Montoya Durango D, Qian Y, Tiffany Castiglioni E, Ramos K. Activation profiles of HSPA5 during the glomerular mesangial cell stress response to chemical injury. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2007;12:209-18 pubmed..Collectively, these findings identify HSPA5 in the stress response of rGMCs and implicate regulatory mechanisms that are distinct from those involved in TH inducibility. ..
- Mullen J, Pring D, Kempken F, Ferguson J, Chase C. Sorghum mitochondrial atp6: divergent amino extensions to a conserved core polypeptide. Plant Mol Biol. 1992;20:71-9 pubmed..The 5' extensions of atp6-1 and atp6-2 were similar to those of rice and maize, respectively. Each open reading is transcribed, however nuclear background influenced transcriptional patterns of atp6-2 in IS1112C. ..
- Horlick R, Stack S, Cooke G. Cloning, expression and tissue distribution of the gene encoding rat fibroblast growth factor receptor subtype 4. Gene. 1992;120:291-5 pubmed..However, the acidic box and hydrophobic signal peptide domains are not present in this cDNA isolate. ..
- Moss S, Challoner P, Groudine M. Expression of a novel histone 2B during mouse spermiogenesis. Dev Biol. 1989;133:83-92 pubmed..The H2b mRNA is in polyribosomes isolated from spermatogenic cells, strongly suggesting that it is translated during spermiogenesis. ..
- Tiesman J, Hart C. Identification of a soluble receptor for platelet-derived growth factor in cell-conditioned medium and human plasma. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:9621-8 pubmed..Finally, we have been unable to detect alternative splicing in the PDGF-R alpha transcript using reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction. ..
- Burke S, Lo S, Krzycki J. Clustered genes encoding the methyltransferases of methanogenesis from monomethylamine. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:3432-40 pubmed..barkeri NIH. A mechanism that circumvents UAG-directed termination of translation must operate during expression of mtmB in this methanogen...
- Barmack N, Guo H, Kim H, Qian H, Qian Z. Neuronally modulated transcription of a glycine transporter in rat dorsal cochlear nucleus and nucleus of the medial trapezoid body. J Comp Neurol. 1999;415:175-88 pubmed..These data provide the first example of in vivo regulation of transporter transcription by neuronal activity...
- Roy N, Runge K. Two paralogs involved in transcriptional silencing that antagonistically control yeast life span. Curr Biol. 2000;10:111-4 pubmed..As Zds2p, but not Zds1p, had strong two-hybrid interactions with Orc1p and the four Sir proteins, Zds1p might indirectly control Sir3p through a Sir3p kinase. ..
- Jenkins R, Angus R, McNatt H, Howell W, Kemppainen J, Kirk M, et al. Identification of androstenedione in a river containing paper mill effluent. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2001;20:1325-31 pubmed..Of these, androstenedione was confirmed by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry with multiple reaction monitoring. ..
- Zhao H, Tian W, Cohen D. Rottlerin inhibits tonicity-dependent expression and action of TonEBP in a PKCdelta-independent fashion. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F710-7 pubmed..In the aggregate, these data indicate that rottlerin dramatically inhibits tonicity-dependent TonEBP expression and TonE-dependent transcription but, despite its reputed mode of action, does so through a PKCdelta-independent pathway. ..
- Yin Z, Haynie J, Williams B, Yang Y. C114 is a novel IL-11-inducible nuclear double-stranded RNA-binding protein that inhibits protein kinase R. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22838-45 pubmed..C) treatment. This is the first demonstration of a novel PKR modulator induced by a gp130 superfamily cytokine that may play a role in cytokine-mediated biological functions. ..
- Li J, Li H, Tsai M. Direct binding of the N-terminus of HTLV-1 tax oncoprotein to cyclin-dependent kinase 4 is a dominant path to stimulate the kinase activity. Biochemistry. 2003;42:6921-8 pubmed..We also report that Tax40N retains the transactivation ability. These results of in vitro studies demonstrate a potentially novel, p16-independent route to regulate CDK4 activity by the Tax oncoprotein in HTLV-1 infected cells. ..
- Zhang C, Dowd D, Staal A, Gu C, Lian J, Van Wijnen A, et al. Nuclear coactivator-62 kDa/Ski-interacting protein is a nuclear matrix-associated coactivator that may couple vitamin D receptor-mediated transcription and RNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35325-36 pubmed
- Stred S, Cote D, Weinstock R, Messina J. Regulation of hemopexin transcription by calcium ionophores and phorbol ester in hepatoma cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;204:111-6 pubmed..Insulin did not affect the transcription rate of Hx. These findings are consistent with involvement of intracellular calcium concentrations and activation of protein kinase C (PKC) action in the regulation of Hx. ..
- Alice A, López C, Crosa J. Plasmid- and chromosome-encoded redundant and specific functions are involved in biosynthesis of the siderophore anguibactin in Vibrio anguillarum 775: a case of chance and necessity?. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:2209-14 pubmed..We also identified in this cluster a chromosomal angA gene that is essential in anguibactin biosynthesis. ..
- Porntadavity S, Nath A, Prachayasittikul V, Cota Gomez A, Flores S, St Clair D. Different roles of Sp family members in HIV-1 Tat-mediated manganese superoxide dismutase suppression in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2005;24:299-310 pubmed..These findings suggest a novel mechanism by which Tat modulates the repression of the MnSOD gene and establish a link between HIV infection and liver cancer. ..
- Zhang Z, Gilmour D. Pcf11 is a termination factor in Drosophila that dismantles the elongation complex by bridging the CTD of RNA polymerase II to the nascent transcript. Mol Cell. 2006;21:65-74 pubmed..These results provide a biochemical basis for the dependency of termination on pausing and the CTD in metazoans. ..
- Valadkhan S, Mohammadi A, Wachtel C, Manley J. Protein-free spliceosomal snRNAs catalyze a reaction that resembles the first step of splicing. RNA. 2007;13:2300-11 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the ability of protein-free snRNAs to recognize the sequences involved in the first splicing step and to perform splicing-related catalysis between these two pre-mRNA-like substrates. ..
- Dhar A, Kaizer K, Lakshman D. Transcriptional analysis of Penaeus stylirostris densovirus genes. Virology. 2010;402:112-20 pubmed publisher..In vitro assay showed that P2 had the highest promoter activity followed by P11 and P61. Transcription mapping data provided new insights into PstDNV gene expression strategy...
- Sun D, Setlow P. Cloning, nucleotide sequence, and expression of the Bacillus subtilis ans operon, which codes for L-asparaginase and L-aspartase. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3831-45 pubmed..However, throughout sporulation the only ans transcript detected was the -73 form, and no sporulation-specific RNA polymerase tested yielded a -73 transcript in vitro. ..
- Dearolf C, Topol J, Parker C. Transcriptional control of Drosophila fushi tarazu zebra stripe expression. Genes Dev. 1989;3:384-98 pubmed
- Levin R, Boychuk P, Croniger C, Kazzaz J, Rozek C. Structure and expression of a muscle specific gene which is adjacent to the Drosophila myosin heavy-chain gene and can encode a cytochrome b related protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:6349-67 pubmed..Comparison of in situ hybridization of Mhc specific and TU-36B specific probes to tissue sections demonstrates that both mRNAs are predominantly transcribed in the same muscle tissues of the developing fly. ..
- Martin M, Piette J, Yaniv M, Tang W, Folk W. Activation of the polyomavirus enhancer by a murine activator protein 1 (AP1) homolog and two contiguous proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:5839-43 pubmed..We correlate binding of PEA1 and PEA2 with the induction of a DNase I-hypersensitive site in polyomavirus minichromosomes isolated from mouse fibroblasts. ..
- Peng Z, Verma D. A rice HAL2-like gene encodes a Ca(2+)-sensitive 3'(2'),5'-diphosphonucleoside 3'(2')-phosphohydrolase and complements yeast met22 and Escherichia coli cysQ mutations. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:29105-10 pubmed..Several residues that are essential for the activity of this enzyme were identified by site-directed mutagenesis, and the possible role of DPNPase in salt tolerance is discussed. ..
- Primorac D, Stover M, Clark S, Rowe D. Molecular basis of nanomelia, a heritable chondrodystrophy of chicken. Matrix Biol. 1994;14:297-305 pubmed..The mutation creates a unique BasBI restriction site which readily distinguishes the mutant and wild-type alleles. ..
- Young W, Lee Y, Smith S, Chang C. A bidirectional regulation between the TR2/TR4 orphan receptors (TR2/TR4) and the ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:20877-85 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that an interaction between TR2/TR4 and the CNTF signaling pathway may occur, supporting the hypothesis that TR2/TR4 may play important roles in neurogenesis. ..
- Miller D, Rogers B, Kalkbrenner A, Hamilton B, Holtzman S, Kaufman T. Cross-regulation of Hox genes in the Drosophila melanogaster embryo. Mech Dev. 2001;102:3-16 pubmed..A summary of Hox gene cross-regulation by ectopically driven Hox proteins is tabulated for embryogenesis. ..
- Gao Y, Pimplikar S. The gamma -secretase-cleaved C-terminal fragment of amyloid precursor protein mediates signaling to the nucleus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:14979-84 pubmed..Thus, our studies provide the evidence that, as predicted by the regulated intramembrane proteolysis mechanism, Cgamma seems to function in the nucleus. ..
- Cevik B, Smallwood S, Moyer S. The L-L oligomerization domain resides at the very N-terminus of the sendai virus L RNA polymerase protein. Virology. 2003;313:525-36 pubmed..The N-terminal portions of L with aa 1-424, aa 1-381, and to a lesser extent aa 1-174, can complement the transcription defect in an L mutant altered at aa 77-81, showing their L-L interaction is functional. ..
- Browning D, Beatty C, Sanstad E, Gunn K, Busby S, Wolfe A. Modulation of CRP-dependent transcription at the Escherichia coli acsP2 promoter by nucleoprotein complexes: anti-activation by the nucleoid proteins FIS and IHF. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:241-54 pubmed..We propose that FIS and IHF each function directly as anti-activators of CRP, each working independently at different times during growth to set the levels of CRP-dependent acs transcription. ..
- Grossman C, Qian Y, Banki K, Perl A. ZNF143 mediates basal and tissue-specific expression of human transaldolase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12190-205 pubmed..Thus, ZNF143 plays a key role in basal and tissue-specific expression of transaldolase and regulation of the metabolic network controlling cell survival and differentiation. ..
- Artsimovitch I, Patlan V, Sekine S, Vassylyeva M, Hosaka T, Ochi K, et al. Structural basis for transcription regulation by alarmone ppGpp. Cell. 2004;117:299-310 pubmed..We present experimental evidence highlighting the importance of base-specific contacts between ppGpp and specific cytosine residues during both transcription initiation and elongation...
- Eum S, Lee Y, Hennig B, Toborek M. VEGF regulates PCB 104-mediated stimulation of permeability and transmigration of breast cancer cells in human microvascular endothelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2004;296:231-44 pubmed..These results indicate that PCB 104 may contribute to tumor metastasis by inducing VEGF overexpression that stimulates endothelial hyperpermeability and transendothelial migration of cancer cells. ..
- Sandberg E, Wallace T, Godeny M, VonDerLinden D, Sayeski P. Jak2 tyrosine kinase: a true jak of all trades?. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2004;41:207-32 pubmed..By reviewing the biology of Jak2 tyrosine kinase at the molecular, cellular, and physiological levels, we hope to advance the understanding of how a single gene can have such a profound impact on development, physiology, and disease. ..
- Kim T, Chen J, Sadoshima J, Lee Y. Jumonji represses atrial natriuretic factor gene expression by inhibiting transcriptional activities of cardiac transcription factors. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10151-60 pubmed..Therefore, JMJ may play important roles in the down-regulation of ANF gene expression and in heart development. ..
- Paul B, Ross W, Gaal T, Gourse R. rRNA transcription in Escherichia coli. Annu Rev Genet. 2004;38:749-70 pubmed..Together, these advances provide clues important for our molecular understanding not only of rRNA transcription, but also of transcription in general. ..
- Jackson M, Agarwal M, Yang J, Bruss P, Uchiumi T, Agarwal M, et al. p130/p107/p105Rb-dependent transcriptional repression during DNA-damage-induced cell-cycle exit at G2. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1821-32 pubmed
- Ensenauer R, He M, Willard J, Goetzman E, Corydon T, Vandahl B, et al. Human acyl-CoA dehydrogenase-9 plays a novel role in the mitochondrial beta-oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32309-16 pubmed..Because of the substrate specificity and abundance of ACAD-9 in brain, we speculate that it may play a role in the turnover of lipid membrane unsaturated fatty acids that are essential for membrane integrity and structure. ..
- Liby K, Voong N, Williams C, Risingsong R, Royce D, Honda T, et al. The synthetic triterpenoid CDDO-Imidazolide suppresses STAT phosphorylation and induces apoptosis in myeloma and lung cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:4288-93 pubmed..Our new data thus show that CDDO-Imidazolide is a potent suppressor of STAT signaling and provide a further mechanistic basis for future clinical use of this agent to control inflammation or cell proliferation. ..
- Zhao L, Niu Y, Santiago A, Liu J, Albert S, Robertson K, et al. An EBF3-mediated transcriptional program that induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9445-52 pubmed..Therefore, EBF3 regulates a transcriptional program underlying a putative tumor suppression pathway. ..
- Bandyopadhyay S, Ashraf M, Daher P, Howe P, DiCorleto P. HOXA9 participates in the transcriptional activation of E-selectin in endothelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4207-16 pubmed..Further, we provide evidence that HOXA9 acts as an obligate proinflammatory factor by mediating cytokine induction of E-selectin. ..
- Wang X, Cheng Z, Zhang C, Kikuchi T, Rikihisa Y. Anaplasma phagocytophilum p44 mRNA expression is differentially regulated in mammalian and tick host cells: involvement of the DNA binding protein ApxR. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:8651-9 pubmed..These results indicate that p44 genes and apxR are specifically up-regulated in the mammalian host environment and suggest that ApxR not only is positively autoregulated but also acts as a transcriptional regulator of p44E. ..
- Nicholas C, Batra S, Vargo M, Voss O, Gavrilin M, Wewers M, et al. Apigenin blocks lipopolysaccharide-induced lethality in vivo and proinflammatory cytokines expression by inactivating NF-kappaB through the suppression of p65 phosphorylation. J Immunol. 2007;179:7121-7 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest a molecular mechanism by which apigenin suppresses inflammation and modulates the immune response in vivo. ..