Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic recombination in Germany
Topic: genetic recombination
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Berndt C, Meier P, Wackernagel W. DNA restriction is a barrier to natural transformation in Pseudomonas stutzeri JM300. Microbiology. 2003;149:895-901 pubmed..Restriction as a barrier to transformation apparently contributes to sexual isolation and therefore may promote speciation in the highly diverse species P. stutzeri. ..
- Zimmer G, Bossow S, Kolesnikova L, Hinz M, Neubert W, Herrler G. A chimeric respiratory syncytial virus fusion protein functionally replaces the F and HN glycoproteins in recombinant Sendai virus. J Virol. 2005;79:10467-77 pubmed..Thus, on the one hand RSV-F can mediate infection in an autonomous way while on the other hand it accepts support by a heterologous attachment protein. ..
- Zhao T, Zhou X, Szabo N, Leitges M, Alvarez Bolado G. Foxb1-driven Cre expression in somites and the neuroepithelium of diencephalon, brainstem, and spinal cord. Genesis. 2007;45:781-7 pubmed..In the central nervous system (CNS), the Foxb1 lineage includes the thalamus and mammillary body (hypothalamus), brainstem, and the ventral spinal cord and floor plate. ..
- Klink A, Schiebel K, Winkelmann M, Rao E, Horsthemke B, Ludecke H, et al. The human protein kinase gene PKX1 on Xp22.3 displays Xp/Yp homology and is a site of chromosomal instability. Hum Mol Genet. 1995;4:869-78 pubmed..This suggests that the PKX1 gene, besides harbouring a previously described hot-spot for illegitimate Xp/Yp-recombination, contains additional sequences predisposing to chromosomal breakage events. ..
- Hofmann C, Loser P, Cichon G, Arnold W, Both G, Strauss M. Ovine adenovirus vectors overcome preexisting humoral immunity against human adenoviruses in vivo. J Virol. 1999;73:6930-6 pubmed..Our results suggest a possible solution to endemic humoral immunity against currently used hAd vectors and should therefore have an impact on the design of improved gene therapy protocols utilizing adenovirus vectors...
- Niedermeyer J, Kriz M, Hilberg F, Garin Chesa P, Bamberger U, Lenter M, et al. Targeted disruption of mouse fibroblast activation protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1089-94 pubmed..We report that Fap(-/-) mice are fertile, show no overt developmental defects, and have no general change in cancer susceptibility. ..
- Arakawa H, Lodygin D, Buerstedde J. Mutant loxP vectors for selectable marker recycle and conditional knock-outs. BMC Biotechnol. 2001;1:7 pubmed..As the marker and the cDNA expression cassettes are driven by the universally active and evolutionary conserved beta-actin promoter, they can be used for the selection of stable transfectants in a wide range of cell lines. ..
- Martinez Garay I, Jablonka S, Sutajova M, Steuernagel P, Gal A, Kutsche K. A new gene family (FAM9) of low-copy repeats in Xp22.3 expressed exclusively in testis: implications for recombinations in this region. Genomics. 2002;80:259-67 pubmed
- Mempel M, Isa G, Klugbauer N, Meyer H, Wildi G, Ring J, et al. Laboratory acquired infection with recombinant vaccinia virus containing an immunomodulating construct. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;120:356-8 pubmed..The immunomodulating nature of the inserted construct might thus have added to the infectivity of the virus. We emphasize on the necessity of Vaccinia vaccination in laboratory staff working in the field. ..
- Untergasser A, Protzer U. Hepatitis B virus-based vectors allow the elimination of viral gene expression and the insertion of foreign promoters. Hum Gene Ther. 2004;15:203-10 pubmed..These improvements represent a major step toward the development of HBV vectors as candidates for human gene therapy. ..
- Abrusan G, Krambeck H. Competition may determine the diversity of transposable elements. Theor Popul Biol. 2006;70:364-75 pubmed
- Liebe B, Petukhova G, Barchi M, Bellani M, Braselmann H, Nakano T, et al. Mutations that affect meiosis in male mice influence the dynamics of the mid-preleptotene and bouquet stages. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3768-81 pubmed..Altogether, it appears that several pathways influence telomere dynamics in mammalian meiosis. ..
- Scherthan H, Wang H, Adelfalk C, White E, Cowan C, Cande W, et al. Chromosome mobility during meiotic prophase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:16934-9 pubmed..These results show that SC movements involve telomere attachment to the nuclear periphery and are actin-dependent and suggest these movements could facilitate completion of meiotic recombination. ..
- Thoms B, Borchers I, Wackernagel W. Effects of single-strand DNases ExoI, RecJ, ExoVII, and SbcCD on homologous recombination of recBCD+ strains of Escherichia coli and roles of SbcB15 and XonA2 ExoI mutant enzymes. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:179-92 pubmed..DNA end binding by SbcB15 can also explain other specific phenotypes of strains with sbcB15. ..
- Gatz S, Keimling M, Baumann C, Dork T, Debatin K, Fulda S, et al. Resveratrol modulates DNA double-strand break repair pathways in an ATM/ATR-p53- and -Nbs1-dependent manner. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:519-27 pubmed publisher..Repression of error-prone recombination subpathways could at least partially explain the chemopreventive effects of this natural plant constituent in animal cancer models. ..
- Erdmann J, Shepherd D, Martin D, Varsani A, Rybicki E, Jeske H. Replicative intermediates of maize streak virus found during leaf development. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:1077-81 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, in addition to RCR-associated DNA forms seen in other geminiviruses, MSV also apparently uses dimeric open circular DNA as a template for RCR...
- Cichon G, Schmidt H, Benhidjeb T, Loser P, Ziemer S, Haas R, et al. Intravenous administration of recombinant adenoviruses causes thrombocytopenia, anemia and erythroblastosis in rabbits. J Gene Med. 1999;1:360-71 pubmed..The hematological changes observed in rabbits suggest the need for careful monitoring of hematological and rheological parameters in clinical trials. ..
- Wagner R, Graf M, Bieler K, Wolf H, Grunwald T, Foley P, et al. Rev-independent expression of synthetic gag-pol genes of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and simian immunodeficiency virus: implications for the safety of lentiviral vectors. Hum Gene Ther. 2000;11:2403-13 pubmed..By eliminating regions of homology and sequences involved in packaging, synthetic gag-pol genes should improve the safety profile of lentiviral vectors. ..
- Girkontaite I, Missy K, Sakk V, Harenberg A, Tedford K, Pötzel T, et al. Lsc is required for marginal zone B cells, regulation of lymphocyte motility and immune responses. Nat Immunol. 2001;2:855-62 pubmed..Although Lsc-deficient lymphocytes show reduced basal motility, MZB cells show enhanced migration after serum activation. Thus, Lsc is a critical regulator of MZB cells and immune functions. ..
- Wagner E, Engelhardt O, Gruber S, Haller O, Kochs G. Rescue of recombinant Thogoto virus from cloned cDNA. J Virol. 2001;75:9282-6 pubmed..The availability of this efficient reverse genetics system will allow us to address hitherto-unanswered questions regarding the biology of THOV by manipulating viral genes in the context of infectious virus. ..
- Pfefferle W, Möckel B, Bathe B, Marx A. Biotechnological manufacture of lysine. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2003;79:59-112 pubmed..For the first time there is a chance of understanding the overall picture of the physiological state of lysine overproduction in a technical environment. ..
- Weber I, Gruber C, Steinberg G. A class-V myosin required for mating, hyphal growth, and pathogenicity in the dimorphic plant pathogen Ustilago maydis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2826-42 pubmed..Consequently, few mutant hyphae were formed that penetrated the plant epidermis but did not continue invasive growth. These results indicate a crucial role of Myo5 in the morphogenesis, dimorphic switch, and pathogenicity of U. maydis...
- Yücel R, Kosan C, Heyd F, Moroy T. Gfi1:green fluorescent protein knock-in mutant reveals differential expression and autoregulation of the growth factor independence 1 (Gfi1) gene during lymphocyte development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40906-17 pubmed..Because Gfi1 was found to occupy genomic sites of its own promoter in thymocytes and was able to repress its own transcription in vitro we propose that transcription of the Gfi1 gene is regulated through an autoregulatory feedback loop. ..
- Meier P, Wackernagel W. Impact of mutS inactivation on foreign DNA acquisition by natural transformation in Pseudomonas stutzeri. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:143-54 pubmed..We concluded that in P. stutzeri upregulation of MutS could enforce sexual isolation and downregulation could increase foreign DNA acquisition and that MutS affects mechanisms of HFIR...
- Presgraves D. Recombination enhances protein adaptation in Drosophila melanogaster. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1651-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that the capacity to respond to natural selection varies with recombination rate across the genome, consistent with theory on the evolutionary advantages of sex and recombination. ..
- Brandt S, Grunwald T, Lucke S, Stang A, Uberla K. Functional replacement of the R region of simian immunodeficiency virus-based vectors by heterologous elements. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:2297-307 pubmed
- Stracke S, Presterl T, Stein N, Perovic D, Ordon F, Graner A. Effects of introgression and recombination on haplotype structure and linkage disequilibrium surrounding a locus encoding Bymovirus resistance in barley. Genetics. 2007;175:805-17 pubmed..5 cM from the resistance gene. The LD pattern and the haplotype structure of the target chromosomal region are the result of interplay between low recombination and recent breeding history. ..
- Kickstein E, Harms K, Wackernagel W. Deletions of recBCD or recD influence genetic transformation differently and are lethal together with a recJ deletion in Acinetobacter baylyi. Microbiology. 2007;153:2259-70 pubmed..If replication runs through that genomic region before both ends of the donor DNA are ligated to recipient DNA, a double-strand break (DSB) is formed. In these cases, transformation becomes dependent on DSB repair. ..
- Geue L, Schares S, Schnick C, Kliemt J, Beckert A, Freuling C, et al. Genetic characterisation of attenuated SAD rabies virus strains used for oral vaccination of wildlife. Vaccine. 2008;26:3227-35 pubmed publisher..If confirmed, this recombination event would be the first one reported among RABV vaccine strains. ..
- Zhou F, Badillo Corona J, Karcher D, Gonzalez Rabade N, Piepenburg K, Borchers A, et al. High-level expression of human immunodeficiency virus antigens from the tobacco and tomato plastid genomes. Plant Biotechnol J. 2008;6:897-913 pubmed
- Uhl M, Csernok A, Aydin S, Kreienberg R, Wiesmuller L, Gatz S. Role of SIRT1 in homologous recombination. DNA Repair (Amst). 2010;9:383-93 pubmed publisher..These results provide first evidence that links SIRT1's functions to HR with possible implications for genomic stability during aging and tumorigenesis. ..
- Solaro P, Greger B, Kemper B. Detection and partial purification of a cruciform-resolving activity (X-solvase) from nuclear extracts of mouse B-cells. Eur J Biochem. 1995;230:926-933 pubmed..EMX1 and yeast endonuclease X3 were also found to be sensitive to anti-(endonuclease VII) antibodies which inhibited their reactions with cruciform DNAs in vitro. ..
- Cherepanov P, Wackernagel W. Gene disruption in Escherichia coli: TcR and KmR cassettes with the option of Flp-catalyzed excision of the antibiotic-resistance determinant. Gene. 1995;158:9-14 pubmed..This system was applied in the construction of an E. coli endA deletion mutation which can be transduced by P1 to the genetic background of interest using TcR as a marker. The transductant can then be freed of the TcR if required. ..
- Torres Ruiz R, Lohner A, Jurgens G. The GURKE gene is required for normal organization of the apical region in the Arabidopsis embryo. Plant J. 1996;10:1005-16 pubmed..The observations suggest that the GURKE gene is involved primarily in the organization of the apical region in the embryo and may also play a role during postembryonic development. ..
- Fuchs B, Wagner T, Rossel N, Antoine M, Beug H, Niessing J. Structure and erythroid cell-restricted expression of a chicken cDNA encoding a novel zinc finger protein of the Cys + His class. Gene. 1997;195:277-84 pubmed..Our results indicate that chGfi expression is restricted to erythroid cells of the primitive and definitive lineage. ..
- Muller B, Krausslich H. Characterization of human T-cell leukemia virus type I integrase expressed in Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 1999;259:79-87 pubmed
- Brämer C, Steinbuchel A. The methylcitric acid pathway in Ralstonia eutropha: new genes identified involved in propionate metabolism. Microbiology. 2001;147:2203-14 pubmed..Since the prp locus of R. eutropha was very different from those of E. coli and S. enterica, an extensive comparison of prp loci available from databases and literature was done, revealing two different classes of prp loci. ..
- Bossert B, Conzelmann K. Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) nonstructural (NS) proteins as host range determinants: a chimeric bovine RSV with NS genes from human RSV is attenuated in interferon-competent bovine cells. J Virol. 2002;76:4287-93 pubmed..The differential IFN escape capacity of RSV NS proteins in cells from different hosts provides a basis for rational development of attenuated live RSV vaccines. ..
- Buch T, Rieux Laucat F, Forster I, Rajewsky K. Failure of HY-specific thymocytes to escape negative selection by receptor editing. Immunity. 2002;16:707-18 pubmed..In the absence of the restricting MHC element, however, developing thymocytes replaced the inserted TCR alpha exon efficiently. ..
- Christ N, Corona T, Droge P. Site-specific recombination in eukaryotic cells mediated by mutant lambda integrases: implications for synaptic complex formation and the reactivity of episomal DNA segments. J Mol Biol. 2002;319:305-14 pubmed..It also provides a potential means to control site-specific recombination in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Bobkova M, Stitz J, Engelstädter M, Cichutek K, Buchholz C. Identification of R-peptides in envelope proteins of C-type retroviruses. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:2241-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that activation of membrane fusion by R-peptide cleavage is a common mode in C-type retroviruses. ..
- Bursen A, Moritz S, Gaussmann A, Moritz S, Dingermann T, Marschalek R. Interaction of AF4 wild-type and AF4.MLL fusion protein with SIAH proteins: indication for t(4;11) pathobiology?. Oncogene. 2004;23:6237-49 pubmed..MLL fusion protein. The underlying oncogenic mechanism involves the two E3 ubiquitin ligases SIAH1 and SIAH2, the N-terminal portion of AF4 and the protection of the AF4.MLL fusion protein against proteosomal degradation. ..
- Wintermantel T, Bock D, Fleig V, Greiner E, Schutz G. The epithelial glucocorticoid receptor is required for the normal timing of cell proliferation during mammary lobuloalveolar development but is dispensable for milk production. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:340-9 pubmed..We conclude that GR function is not essential for alveolar differentiation and milk production, but influences cell proliferation during lobuloalveolar development. ..
- Franken C, Brandt C, Br ker G, Spellerberg B. ISSag1 in streptococcal strains of human and animal origin. Int J Med Microbiol. 2004;294:247-54 pubmed publisher..This mosaic structure suggests that recombination and horizontal gene transfer events in S. dysgalactiae strains of bovine origin could have played a role in the assembly of the scpB-lmb composite transposon structure...
- Taxis C, Keller P, Kavagiou Z, Jensen L, Colombelli J, Bork P, et al. Spore number control and breeding in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a key role for a self-organizing system. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:627-40 pubmed..This is beneficial for the immediate fitness of the population of postmeiotic cells. ..
- Hoffmann D, Wildner O. Efficient generation of double heterologous promoter controlled oncolytic adenovirus vectors by a single homologous recombination step in Escherichia coli. BMC Biotechnol. 2006;6:36 pubmed..The generated viruses showed preferential replication in tumor cells and in a subcutaneous HT-29 colon cancer xenograft model the viruses demonstrated significant oncolytic activity comparable with dl327. ..
- Sacher M, Pfander B, Hoege C, Jentsch S. Control of Rad52 recombination activity by double-strand break-induced SUMO modification. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:1284-90 pubmed..Furthermore, our data indicate that sumoylation becomes particularly relevant for those Rad52 molecules that are engaged in recombination. ..
- Helferich D, Veits J, Teifke J, Mettenleiter T, Fuchs W. The UL47 gene of avian infectious laryngotracheitis virus is not essential for in vitro replication but is relevant for virulence in chickens. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:732-42 pubmed..As all immunized animals were protected against subsequent challenge infection with virulent ILTV, the UL47 deletion mutant might be suitable as a live-virus vaccine...
- Letzel T, Mundt E, Gorbalenya A. Evidence for functional significance of the permuted C motif in Co2+-stimulated RNA-dependent RNA polymerase of infectious bursal disease virus. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:2824-33 pubmed publisher..The obtained results provide evidence that the unusual Co2+ dependence of the IBDV RdRp might be linked to the permuted organization of the motif...
- Chen I, Mannuss A, Orel N, Heitzeberg F, Puchta H. A homolog of ScRAD5 is involved in DNA repair and homologous recombination in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;146:1786-96 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the RAD5-dependent error-free branch of postreplication repair is conserved between yeast and plants, and that AtRad5a might be functionally homologous to ScRad5. ..
- Fladung M, Becker D. Targeted integration and removal of transgenes in hybrid aspen (Populus tremula L. x P. tremuloides Michx.) using site-specific recombination systems. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2010;12:334-40 pubmed publisher..Combining both site-specific recombination systems, a strategy is suggested for targeted transgene transfer and removal of antibiotic marker genes. ..
- Finkenzeller D, Fischer B, Lutz S, Schrewe H, Shimizu T, Zimmermann W. Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 10 expressed specifically early in pregnancy in the decidua is dispensable for normal murine development. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:272-9 pubmed..Taken together, both Ceacam10 and Ceacam9, alone or in combination, are not essential for either murine placental and embryonic development or for adult life. ..
- Schubert S, Moller Ehrlich K, Singethan K, Wiese S, Duprex W, Rima B, et al. A mouse model of persistent brain infection with recombinant Measles virus. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:2011-9 pubmed..The high percentage of persistence demonstrates that this is a reliable and useful model of a persistent CNS infection in fully immunocompetent mice, which allows the investigation of determinants of the immune system. ..
- Knobeloch K, Wright M, Ochsenbein A, Liesenfeld O, Lohler J, Zinkernagel R, et al. Targeted inactivation of the tetraspanin CD37 impairs T-cell-dependent B-cell response under suboptimal costimulatory conditions. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5363-9 pubmed..These poor antibody responses could be overcome by the immunization of antigen together with adjuvant. These results suggest a role for CD37 in T-cell-B-cell interactions which manifests itself under suboptimal costimulatory conditions. ..
- Seibler J, Zevnik B, Küter Luks B, Andreas S, Kern H, Hennek T, et al. Rapid generation of inducible mouse mutants. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:e12 pubmed..Our findings provide a new concept allowing the generation of inducible mouse mutants within 6 months, as compared to 14 months using the current protocol. ..
- Ahlbory D, Appl H, Lang D, Klempnauer K. Disruption of B-myb in DT40 cells reveals novel function for B-Myb in the response to DNA-damage. Oncogene. 2005;24:7127-34 pubmed..Our work provides the first direct evidence for a novel function of B-Myb in the response to DNA-damage. The cells described here should be a useful model to characterize this function in more detail. ..
- Wiegand M, Bossow S, Schlecht S, Neubert W. De novo synthesis of N and P proteins as a key step in Sendai virus gene expression. J Virol. 2007;81:13835-44 pubmed publisher..From our data, we conclude that de novo synthesis of SeV N and P proteins is a key step for viral gene expression that facilitates the transition from preliminary to normal primary transcriptional activity...
- Hippler B, Homuth G, Hoffmann T, Hungerer C, Schumann W, Jahn D. Characterization of Bacillus subtilis hemN. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:7181-5 pubmed..subtilis was obtained. Moreover, B. subtilis hemY did not substitute for hemF hemN deficiency in S. typhimurium. These results indicate the absence of hemF and suggest the presence of a second hemN-like gene in B. subtilis. ..
- Frischmuth T, Stanley J. Recombination between viral DNA and the transgenic coat protein gene of African cassava mosaic geminivirus. J Gen Virol. 1998;79 ( Pt 5):1265-71 pubmed..Recombinant virus from several transgenic plants was analysed by PCR and parts of DNA A of virus progeny were cloned. Sequence analysis revealed that only a few nucleotides were changed from the published sequence...
- Kalscheuer R, Stölting T, Steinbüchel A. Microdiesel: Escherichia coli engineered for fuel production. Microbiology. 2006;152:2529-36 pubmed..This novel approach might pave the way for industrial production of biodiesel equivalents from renewable resources by employing engineered micro-organisms, enabling a broader use of biodiesel-like fuels in the future. ..
- Gerlach R, Jäckel D, Hölzer S, Hensel M. Rapid oligonucleotide-based recombineering of the chromosome of Salmonella enterica. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:1575-80 pubmed publisher..This approach can be expected to facilitate mutational analysis in S. enterica and in other bacterial species able to support Red-mediated recombination. ..
- Meisinger Henschel C, Späth M, Lukassen S, Wolferstätter M, Kachelriess H, Baur K, et al. Introduction of the six major genomic deletions of modified vaccinia virus Ankara (MVA) into the parental vaccinia virus is not sufficient to reproduce an MVA-like phenotype in cell culture and in mice. J Virol. 2010;84:9907-19 pubmed publisher..Host range restriction and avirulence of MVA are most likely a cooperative effect of gene deletions and mutations involving the major deletions. ..
- Brabetz W, Liebl W, Schleifer K. Lactose permease of Escherichia coli catalyzes active beta-galactoside transport in a gram-positive bacterium. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7488-91 pubmed..LacY of E. coli was active in the recombinant C. glutamicum cells despite the different membrane lipid compositions of these organisms. ..
- Hadrys T, Braun T, Rinkwitz Brandt S, Arnold H, Bober E. Nkx5-1 controls semicircular canal formation in the mouse inner ear. Development. 1998;125:33-9 pubmed..Nkx5-1 is the first ear-specific molecule identified to play a crucial role in the formation of the mammalian vestibular system. ..
- Wetzel T, Ebel R, Moury B, Le Gall O, Endisch S, Reustle G, et al. Sequence analysis of grapevine isolates of Raspberry ringspot nepovirus. Arch Virol. 2006;151:599-606 pubmed..The coat proteins of the grapevine isolates formed a sister group to all those from other RpRSV isolates, but whether this resulted from divergence or recombination was uncertain. ..
- Niewolik D, Pannicke U, Lu H, Ma Y, Wang L, Kulesza P, et al. DNA-PKcs dependence of Artemis endonucleolytic activity, differences between hairpins and 5' or 3' overhangs. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33900-9 pubmed..Second, DNA-PKcs may optimally configure 5' and 3' overhang substrates for the endonucleolytic function of Artemis. ..
- Höhnle M, Hofer P, Bedford I, Briddon R, Markham P, Frischmuth T. Exchange of three amino acids in the coat protein results in efficient whitefly transmission of a nontransmissible Abutilon mosaic virus isolate. Virology. 2001;290:164-71 pubmed..tabaci. Instead it is the composition of the coat protein domain from amino acid 123 to 149, as a minimal transmission domain, with the contribution of amino acids 149 to 174 for efficient transmission. ..
- Arends H, Jehle J. Homologous recombination between the inverted terminal repeats of defective transposon TCp3.2 causes an inversion in the genome of Cydia pomonella granulovirus. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:1573-8 pubmed
- Ludwig A, Budde T, Stieber J, Moosmang S, Wahl C, Holthoff K, et al. Absence epilepsy and sinus dysrhythmia in mice lacking the pacemaker channel HCN2. EMBO J. 2003;22:216-24 pubmed..Our results define the physiological role of the HCN2 subunit as a major determinant of membrane resting potential that is required for regular cardiac and neuronal rhythmicity. ..
- Muller Tidow C, Ji P, Diederichs S, Potratz J, Baumer N, Kohler G, et al. The cyclin A1-CDK2 complex regulates DNA double-strand break repair. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8917-28 pubmed..DNA DSB repair was specific for A-type cyclins because cyclin E was ineffective. These findings establish a novel function for cyclin A1 and CDK2 in DNA DSB repair following radiation damage. ..
- Perlova O, Fu J, Kuhlmann S, Krug D, Stewart A, Zhang Y, et al. Reconstitution of the myxothiazol biosynthetic gene cluster by Red/ET recombination and heterologous expression in Myxococcus xanthus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:7485-94 pubmed..The successful integration and expression of the myxothiazol biosynthetic genes in M. xanthus results in the production of myxothiazol in yields comparable to the natural producer strain...
- Heck E, Friedrich U, Gack M, Lengenfelder D, Schmidt M, Müller Fleckenstein I, et al. Growth transformation of human T cells by herpesvirus saimiri requires multiple Tip-Lck interaction motifs. J Virol. 2006;80:9934-42 pubmed..The major tyrosine phosphorylation site Y127 of Tip was particularly required for transformation in the absence of exogenous interleukin-2, suggesting its involvement in cytokine signaling pathways. ..
- Steinmann K, Kluwe L, Friedrich R, Mautner V, Cooper D, Kehrer Sawatzki H. Mechanisms of loss of heterozygosity in neurofibromatosis type 1-associated plexiform neurofibromas. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:615-21 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, mitotic recombination has not previously been reported to be a frequent cause of LOH in plexiform neurofibromas. ..
- Meyer C, Kowarz E, Hofmann J, Renneville A, Zuna J, Trka J, et al. New insights to the MLL recombinome of acute leukemias. Leukemia. 2009;23:1490-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we describe for the first time the genetic network of reciprocal MLL gene fusions deriving from complex rearrangements...
- Morschhäuser J, Michel S, Staib P. Sequential gene disruption in Candida albicans by FLP-mediated site-specific recombination. Mol Microbiol. 1999;32:547-56 pubmed..albicans mutants as it eliminates the need for a negative selection scheme for marker deletion and minimizes the risk of mitotic recombination in sequential disruption experiments...
- Jarasch N, Martin U, Kamphausen E, Zell R, Wutzler P, Henke A. Interferon-gamma-induced activation of nitric oxide-mediated antiviral activity of macrophages caused by a recombinant coxsackievirus B3. Viral Immunol. 2005;18:355-64 pubmed..In addition, the expression of IFN-gamma by CVB3/IFN-gamma contributes to protect mice from lethal infections by iNOS induction in murine peritoneal macrophages, viral load reduction, and pancreatic tissue protection. ..
- Loster J, Pretsch W, Sandulache R, Schmitt John T, Lyon M, Graw J. Close linkage of the dominant cataract mutations (Cat-2) with Idh-1 and cryge on mouse chromosome 1. Genomics. 1994;23:240-2 pubmed
- Osterrieder N, Neubauer A, Brandmuller C, Kaaden O, O Callaghan D. The equine herpesvirus 1 IR6 protein influences virus growth at elevated temperature and is a major determinant of virulence. Virology. 1996;226:243-51 pubmed..These findings and those of our recent studies indicate that the IR6 protein is a major determinant of EHV-1 virulence and that the IR6 protein may play a role in virus maturation and/or egress. ..
- Molitor M, Dahl C, Molitor I, Sch fer U, Speich N, Huber R, et al. A dissimilatory sirohaem-sulfite-reductase-type protein from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrobaculum islandicum. Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 2):529-41 pubmed publisher..However, the protein from P. islandicum and the sulfite reductases from sulfate-reducers and from sulfur-oxidizers most probably evolved into three independent lineages prior to divergence of archaea and bacteria...
- Novobrantseva T, Martin V, Pelanda R, Muller W, Rajewsky K, Ehlich A. Rearrangement and expression of immunoglobulin light chain genes can precede heavy chain expression during normal B cell development in mice. J Exp Med. 1999;189:75-88 pubmed..In addition, we show that in B cell progenitors VkappaJkappa joining rapidly initiates kappa chain expression, irrespective of the presence of a mu chain. ..
- Jagla W, Jagle H, Hayashi T, Sharpe L, Deeb S. The molecular basis of dichromatic color vision in males with multiple red and green visual pigment genes. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:23-32 pubmed
- Alpi A, Pasierbek P, Gartner A, Loidl J. Genetic and cytological characterization of the recombination protein RAD-51 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Chromosoma. 2003;112:6-16 pubmed
- Puchta H. Towards the ideal GMP: homologous recombination and marker gene excision. J Plant Physiol. 2003;160:743-54 pubmed..Intriguingly besides techniques relying on transposons and site-specific recombinases, recent results indicate that homologous recombination might be a valuable alternative for the excision of marker genes. ..
- Pecinka A, Schubert V, Meister A, Kreth G, Klatte M, Lysak M, et al. Chromosome territory arrangement and homologous pairing in nuclei of Arabidopsis thaliana are predominantly random except for NOR-bearing chromosomes. Chromosoma. 2004;113:258-69 pubmed..Nevertheless, in up to 31.5% of investigated Arabidopsis nuclei allelic sequences may share positions close enough for homologous recombination...
- Reusch T, Langefors A. Inter- and intralocus recombination drive MHC class IIB gene diversification in a teleost, the three-spined stickleback Gasterosteus aculeatus. J Mol Evol. 2005;61:531-41 pubmed..Our finding of widespread recombination suggests that phylogenies of MHC genes should not be based on coding segments but rather on noncoding introns. ..
- Bautsch W. Comparison of the genome organization of pathogenic neisseriae. Electrophoresis. 1998;19:577-81 pubmed..Since I-CeuI cuts within the 23S-rRNA sequence, the restriction pattern should give reliable information on the distribution of rrn loci in the neisserial genomes. Further studies are warranted to answer these questions. ..
- Pfander B, Moldovan G, Sacher M, Hoege C, Jentsch S. SUMO-modified PCNA recruits Srs2 to prevent recombination during S phase. Nature. 2005;436:428-33 pubmed..Our finding suggests a model in which SUMO-modified PCNA recruits Srs2 in S phase in order to prevent unwanted recombination events of replicating chromosomes. ..
- Kraft C, Suerbaum S. Mutation and recombination in Helicobacter pylori: mechanisms and role in generating strain diversity. Int J Med Microbiol. 2005;295:299-305 pubmed..In this review article, we discuss the genetic variability of H. pylori, the mechanisms that generate diversity, and the potential relevance of genetic variability to colonization and pathogenicity. ..
- Moeller R, Setlow P, Horneck G, Berger T, Reitz G, Rettberg P, et al. Roles of the major, small, acid-soluble spore proteins and spore-specific and universal DNA repair mechanisms in resistance of Bacillus subtilis spores to ionizing radiation from X rays and high-energy charged-particle bombardment. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:1134-40 pubmed
- Rickert R, Roes J, Rajewsky K. B lymphocyte-specific, Cre-mediated mutagenesis in mice. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:1317-8 pubmed..In a model system involving the cross of CD19-Cre mice with mice bearing a loxP -flanked substrate, we find a deletion efficiency of 75-80% in bone marrow-derived pre-B cells that increases to 90-95% in splenic B cells. ..