Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene silencing in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: gene silencing
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Wang Y, Scheiber M, Neumann C, Calin G, Zhou D. MicroRNA regulation of ionizing radiation-induced premature senescence. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:839-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SA-miRNAs are involved in the regulation of IR-induced senescence, so targeting these miRNAs may be a novel approach for modulating cellular response to radiation exposure. ..
- Tili E, Michaille J, Costinean S, Croce C. MicroRNAs, the immune system and rheumatic disease. Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol. 2008;4:534-41 pubmed publisher..Abnormal expression of miRNAs-which is implicated in inflammation-has also been found in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. These findings identify miRNAs as critical targets for immunomodulatory drug development. ..
- Reyes F, Buono R, Roschzttardtz H, Di Rubbo S, Yeun L, Russinova E, et al. A novel endosomal sorting complex required for transport (ESCRT) component in Arabidopsis thaliana controls cell expansion and development. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4980-8 pubmed publisher..PROS is expressed in most tissues and cells types in Arabidopsis thaliana. Silencing of PROS leads to reduced cell expansion and abnormal organ growth...
- Birchler J, Kavi H, Fernandez H. Heterochromatin: RNA points the way. Curr Biol. 2004;14:R759-61 pubmed
- de Melo Campos P, Machado Neto J, Eide C, Savage S, Scopim Ribeiro R, da Silva Souza Duarte A, et al. IRS2 silencing increases apoptosis and potentiates the effects of ruxolitinib in JAK2V617F-positive myeloproliferative neoplasms. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6948-59 pubmed publisher..IRS2 contributes to increased cell viability and reduced apoptosis in JAK2-mutated cells. Combined pharmacological inhibition of IRS2 and JAK2 may have a potential clinical application in MPN. ..
- Leu Y, Yan P, Fan M, Jin V, Liu J, Curran E, et al. Loss of estrogen receptor signaling triggers epigenetic silencing of downstream targets in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8184-92 pubmed..The results imply, for the first time, the significance of epigenetic regulation on ERalpha target genes, providing new direction for research in this classical signaling pathway. ..
- Wu Y, Shi X, Guo S. The knockdown of progesterone receptor isoform B (PR-B) promotes proliferation in immortalized endometrial stromal cells. Fertil Steril. 2008;90:1320-3 pubmed publisher..This suggests that PR-B knockdown might be responsible, at least in part, for increased proliferation and resistance to apoptosis as seen in the eutopic and ectopic endometrium of women with endometriosis. ..
- Landers M, Bancescu D, Le Meur E, Rougeulle C, Glatt Deeley H, Brannan C, et al. Regulation of the large (approximately 1000 kb) imprinted murine Ube3a antisense transcript by alternative exons upstream of Snurf/Snrpn. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:3480-92 pubmed
- Wang X, Wu Q, Ito T, Cillo F, Li W, Chen X, et al. RNAi-mediated viral immunity requires amplification of virus-derived siRNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:484-9 pubmed publisher..Our work thus identifies a distinct mechanism for the amplification of immunity effectors, which together with the requirement for the biogenesis of endogenous siRNAs, may play a role in the emergence and expansion of eukaryotic RDRs...
- Benmerzouga I, Concepción Acevedo J, Kim H, Vandoros A, Cross G, Klingbeil M, et al. Trypanosoma brucei Orc1 is essential for nuclear DNA replication and affects both VSG silencing and VSG switching. Mol Microbiol. 2013;87:196-210 pubmed publisher..brucei telomere proteins, TbRAP1 and TbTRF. We conclude that TbOrc1 has conserved functions in DNA replication and is also required to control telomere-linked VSG expression and VSG switching...
- Wehr M, Hostick U, Kyweriga M, Tan A, Weible A, Wu H, et al. Transgenic silencing of neurons in the mammalian brain by expression of the allatostatin receptor (AlstR). J Neurophysiol. 2009;102:2554-62 pubmed publisher..When crossed to other transactivator lines expressing in defined neuronal cell types, this AlstR/tetO line should prove a very useful tool for the analysis of intact central neural circuits. ..
- Huang M, Li K, Spear B. The mouse alpha-fetoprotein promoter is repressed in HepG2 hepatoma cells by hepatocyte nuclear factor-3 (FOXA). DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:561-9 pubmed..We propose that HNF3 represses AFP promoter activity through indirect mechanisms that modulate the binding or activity of a liver-enriched factor that interacts with the -165 region of the AFP promoter. ..
- de Beer M, Zhao Z, Webb N, van der Westhuyzen D, de Villiers W. Lack of a direct role for macrosialin in oxidized LDL metabolism. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:674-85 pubmed..We conclude that although MS expression in macrophages and Kupffer cells is responsive to a proatherogenic inflammatory diet and to oxLDL, MS does not function as an oxLDL receptor on the cell surface. ..
- Mlotshwa S, Pruss G, Peragine A, Endres M, Li J, Chen X, et al. DICER-LIKE2 plays a primary role in transitive silencing of transgenes in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1755 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DCL2 plays an essential, as opposed to redundant, role in transitive silencing of transgenes and may play a more important role in silencing of viruses than currently thought. ..
- Sterkel A, Lorenzini J, Fites J, Subramanian Vignesh K, Sullivan T, Wuthrich M, et al. Fungal Mimicry of a Mammalian Aminopeptidase Disables Innate Immunity and Promotes Pathogenicity. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;19:361-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, fungal DppIVA mediates immune-regulatory disturbances that underlie invasive fungal disease. These findings reveal a form of molecular piracy by a broadly conserved aminopeptidase during disease pathogenesis. ..
- Nadeau H, Lester H. NRSF causes cAMP-sensitive suppression of sodium current in cultured hippocampal neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2002;88:409-21 pubmed..The striking similarity of the phenotypes makes NRSF potentially useful as a genetic "silencer" and also suggests avenues of further exploration that may elucidate the transcription factor's in vivo role in neuronal plasticity...
- Wang H, Clem R. The role of IAP antagonist proteins in the core apoptosis pathway of the mosquito disease vector Aedes aegypti. Apoptosis. 2011;16:235-48 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the mechanisms by which IAP antagonists regulate apoptosis are largely conserved between A. aegypti and D. melanogaster, although subtle differences exist. ..
- Huang Y, de la Chapelle A, Pellegata N. Hypermethylation, but not LOH, is associated with the low expression of MT1G and CRABP1 in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2003;104:735-44 pubmed..In contrast, hypermethylation of promoter CpG islands seems to occur at higher frequency. MT1G and CRABP1 are novel genes that are likely involved in the pathogenesis of sporadic PTC...
- Liao X, Thrasher J, Holzbeierlein J, Stanley S, Li B. Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta activity is required for androgen-stimulated gene expression in prostate cancer. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2941-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that GSK-3beta activity is required for androgen-stimulated gene expression in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Gao S, Steffen J, Laughon A. Dpp-responsive silencers are bound by a trimeric Mad-Medea complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36158-64 pubmed..The slight alteration of the Dpp silencers caused them to activate transcription in response to Dpp signaling, indicating that the potential for Smad complexes to recognize specific targets need not be limited to repression. ..
- Tan X, Essengue S, Talreja J, Reese J, Stechschulte D, Dileepan K. Histamine directly and synergistically with lipopolysaccharide stimulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin I(2) and E(2) production in human coronary artery endothelial cells. J Immunol. 2007;179:7899-906 pubmed..Thus, histamine plays an important role in the regulation of COX-2 expression and prostanoid homeostasis in vascular endothelium. ..
- Kim B, Bin L, Ye Y, Ramamoorthy P, Leung D. IL-25 enhances HSV-1 replication by inhibiting filaggrin expression, and acts synergistically with Th2 cytokines to enhance HSV-1 replication. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2678-2685 pubmed publisher..Filaggrin breakdown products, however, inhibited HSV-1 replication in vitro. ..
- Flaherty M, Brown M, Grupp I, Schultz J, Murphree S, Jones W. eNOS deficient mice develop progressive cardiac hypertrophy with altered cytokine and calcium handling protein expression. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2007;7:165-77 pubmed
- Abrhale T, Brodie A, Sabnis G, Macedo L, Tian C, Yue B, et al. GP88 (PC-Cell Derived Growth Factor, progranulin) stimulates proliferation and confers letrozole resistance to aromatase overexpressing breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:231 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide information on the role of an alternate growth and survival factor on the acquisition of aromatase inhibitor resistance in ER+ breast cancer. ..
- Hua Y, Zhang Y, Dolence J, Shi G, Ren J, Nair S. Cathepsin K knockout mitigates high-fat diet-induced cardiac hypertrophy and contractile dysfunction. Diabetes. 2013;62:498-509 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that cathepsin K contributes to the development of obesity-associated cardiac hypertrophy and may represent a potential target for the treatment to obesity-associated cardiac anomalies. ..
- Hu N, Strobl Mazzulla P, Sauka Spengler T, Bronner M. DNA methyltransferase3A as a molecular switch mediating the neural tube-to-neural crest fate transition. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2380-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, DNMT3A functions as a molecular switch, repressing neural to favor neural crest cell fate...
- Lu X, Wang Q, Hu G, Van Poznak C, Fleisher M, Reiss M, et al. ADAMTS1 and MMP1 proteolytically engage EGF-like ligands in an osteolytic signaling cascade for bone metastasis. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1882-94 pubmed publisher..This study established MMP1 and ADAMTS1 in tumor cells, as well as EGFR signaling in osteoblasts, as promising therapeutic targets for inhibiting bone metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Lietman S, Tenenbaum Rakover Y, Jap T, Yi Chi W, De Ming Y, Ding C, et al. A novel loss-of-function mutation, Gln459Arg, of the calcium-sensing receptor gene associated with apparent autosomal recessive inheritance of familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:4372-9 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the importance of genetic testing in FHH to distinguish between de novo and inherited mutations of the CASR gene and assist in management decisions. ..
- Logue J, Whiting J, Tunquist B, Sacks D, Langeberg L, Wordeman L, et al. AKAP220 protein organizes signaling elements that impact cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:39269-81 pubmed publisher..This reveals an unappreciated role for this anchored kinase/microtubule effector protein network in the propagation of cell motility. ..
- Mitra D, Das P, Huynh F, Jones F. Jumonji/ARID1 B (JARID1B) protein promotes breast tumor cell cycle progression through epigenetic repression of microRNA let-7e. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40531-5 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the JARID1B demethylase contributes to tumor cell proliferation through the epigenetic repression of a tumor suppressor miR. ..
- Kamikura D, Cooper J. Lipoprotein receptors and a disabled family cytoplasmic adaptor protein regulate EGL-17/FGF export in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2798-811 pubmed..These results suggest a model in which Ce-DAB-1 coordinates selection of receptors and cargo, including EGL-17, for transport through the secretory pathway. ..
- Hoare S, Hoare K, Reinhard M, Lee Y, Oh S, May W. Tnk1/Kos1 knockout mice develop spontaneous tumors. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8723-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tnk1/Kos1 is a tumor suppressor that functions to down-regulate Ras activity. ..
- Wang H, Karikomi M, Naidu S, Rajmohan R, Caserta E, Chen H, et al. Allele-specific tumor spectrum in pten knockin mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5142-7 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the variable tumor phenotypes observed in patients with Cowden and BRR syndromes can be attributed to specific mutations in PTEN that alter protein function through distinct mechanisms...
- Remsing L, Gonz lez A, Nur E Alam M, Fern ndez Lozano M, Bra a A, Rix U, et al. Mithramycin SK, a novel antitumor drug with improved therapeutic index, mithramycin SA, and demycarosyl-mithramycin SK: three new products generated in the mithramycin producer Streptomyces argillaceus through combinatorial biosynthesis. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:5745-53 pubmed publisher..The major product, MTM-SK, was tested in vitro against a variety of human cancer cell lines, as well as in an in vitro toxicity assay, and showed an improved therapeutic index, in comparison to the parent drug, MTM...
- Balamurugan K, Ashokkumar B, Moussaif M, Sze J, Said H. Cloning and functional characterization of a folate transporter from the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C670-81 pubmed..Thus C. elegans provides a genetically tractable model that can be used to study integrative aspects of the folate uptake process in the context of the whole animal level. ..
- Stauffer D, Howard T, Nyun T, Hollenberg S. CHMP1 is a novel nuclear matrix protein affecting chromatin structure and cell-cycle progression. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2383-93 pubmed..In combination, these observations suggest that CHMP1 plays a role in stable gene silencing within the nucleus. ..
- Thangaraju M, Cresci G, Liu K, Ananth S, Gnanaprakasam J, Browning D, et al. GPR109A is a G-protein-coupled receptor for the bacterial fermentation product butyrate and functions as a tumor suppressor in colon. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2826-32 pubmed publisher..These studies show that GPR109A mediates the tumor-suppressive effects of the bacterial fermentation product butyrate in colon...
- Malinowski R, Higgins R, Luo Y, Piper L, Nazir A, Bajwa V, et al. The tomato brassinosteroid receptor BRI1 increases binding of systemin to tobacco plasma membranes, but is not involved in systemin signaling. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;70:603-16 pubmed publisher..This unusual behavior and the nature of the elusive systemin receptor will be discussed...
- Wang Y, Luo J, Chen X, Chen H, Cramer S, Sun D. Gene inactivation of Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 1 attenuates apoptosis and mitochondrial damage following transient focal cerebral ischemia. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;28:51-61 pubmed publisher..In contrast, up-regulation of NHE1 expression was found in NHE1+/+ neurons after in vitro ischemia. These data suggest that NHE1 activation following cerebral ischemia contributes to mitochondrial damage and ischemic apoptosis. ..
- Du Z, Hu B, Ayala M, Sauer B, Zhang S. Cre recombination-mediated cassette exchange for building versatile transgenic human embryonic stem cells lines. Stem Cells. 2009;27:1032-41 pubmed publisher..This strategy and the master cell lines allow for rapid production of transgenic hESC lines in ordinary laboratories. ..
- Yates P, Burman R, Simpson J, Ponomoreva O, Thayer M, Turker M. Silencing of mouse Aprt is a gradual process in differentiated cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4461-70 pubmed..All allelic methylation patterns were variegated, which is consistent with a gradual and evolving process. In total, our results demonstrate that silencing of mouse Aprt is a gradual process in the differentiated cells. ..
- Dobierzewska A, Giltiay N, Sabapathi S, Karakashian A, Nikolova Karakashian M. Protein phosphatase 2A and neutral sphingomyelinase 2 regulate IRAK-1 protein ubiquitination and degradation in response to interleukin-1beta. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32064-73 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that NSMase-2- and PP2A-dependent regulation of IRAK-1 degradation is a novel mechanism to fine tune the magnitude of IL-1? response. ..
- Kurose K, Gilley K, Matsumoto S, Watson P, Zhou X, Eng C. Frequent somatic mutations in PTEN and TP53 are mutually exclusive in the stroma of breast carcinomas. Nat Genet. 2002;32:355-7 pubmed..Mutations in TP53 and PTEN are mutually exclusive in either compartment. In contrast, mutations in WFDC1 (16q24, encoding WAP four-disulfide core domain 1) occur with low frequency in the stroma. ..
- Kraynack B, Baker B. Small interfering RNAs containing full 2'-O-methylribonucleotide-modified sense strands display Argonaute2/eIF2C2-dependent activity. RNA. 2006;12:163-76 pubmed
- Perl A, Qian Y, Chohan K, Shirley C, Amidon W, Banerjee S, et al. Transaldolase is essential for maintenance of the mitochondrial transmembrane potential and fertility of spermatozoa. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14813-8 pubmed..Collectively, these data reveal an essential role of TAL in sperm-cell mitochondrial function and, thus, male fertility. ..
- Moffitt A, Ondrejka S, McKinney M, Rempel R, Goodlad J, Teh C, et al. Enteropathy-associated T cell lymphoma subtypes are characterized by loss of function of SETD2. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1371-1386 pubmed publisher..Our data render the most comprehensive genetic portrait yet of this uncommon but lethal disease and may inform future classification schemes. ..
- Fagerlie S, Koretsky T, Torok Storb B, Bagby G. Impaired type I IFN-induced Jak/STAT signaling in FA-C cells and abnormal CD4+ Th cell subsets in Fancc-/- mice. J Immunol. 2004;173:3863-70 pubmed..We suggest that Fancc mutations result in a subtle immunological defect owing to the failure of FANCC to normally support Jak/STAT signaling. ..
- Iczkowski K, Omara Opyene A, Shah G. The predominant CD44 splice variant in prostate cancer binds fibronectin, and calcitonin stimulates its expression. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:2863-72 pubmed..Calcitonin influenced PC's balance between CD44s and CD44v. CD44v controlled invasiveness, altered ligand binding, and provides a target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Swiatecka Urban A, Talebian L, Kanno E, Moreau Marquis S, Coutermarsh B, Hansen K, et al. Myosin Vb is required for trafficking of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in Rab11a-specific apical recycling endosomes in polarized human airway epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23725-36 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that myosin Vb is required for CFTR recycling in Rab11a-specific apical recycling endosomes in polarized human airway epithelial cells. ..
- Coutinho Abreu I, Sharma N, Robles Murguia M, Ramalho Ortigao M. Targeting the midgut secreted PpChit1 reduces Leishmania major development in its natural vector, the sand fly Phlebotomus papatasi. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e901 pubmed publisher..Thus, we predicted that silencing of sand fly chitinase will lead to reduction or elimination of Leishmania within the gut of the sand fly vector...
- Huang P, Keller C, Giardine B, Grevet J, Davies J, Hughes J, et al. Comparative analysis of three-dimensional chromosomal architecture identifies a novel fetal hemoglobin regulatory element. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1704-1713 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a new critical regulatory region as a potential target for therapeutic genome editing for hemoglobinopathies and highlight the power of chromosome conformation analysis in discovering new cis control elements. ..
- Bairwa N, Zzaman S, Mohanty B, Bastia D. Replication fork arrest and rDNA silencing are two independent and separable functions of the replication terminator protein Fob1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12612-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data support the conclusion that unlike some other functions of Fob1, rDNA silencing at Ter is independent of fork arrest. ..
- Arensburger P, Hice R, Wright J, Craig N, Atkinson P. The mosquito Aedes aegypti has a large genome size and high transposable element load but contains a low proportion of transposon-specific piRNAs. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:606 pubmed publisher..This, together the more uniform distribution of piRNA clusters throughout its genome, suggest that some aspects of the piRNA system differ between Ae. aegypti and D. melanogaster. ..
- Kahana A, Gottschling D. DOT4 links silencing and cell growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6608-20 pubmed..We propose that Dot4p helps to restrict the location of silencing proteins to a limited set of genomic loci. ..
- Bose M, McConnell K, Gardner Aukema K, Muller U, Weinreich M, Keck J, et al. The origin recognition complex and Sir4 protein recruit Sir1p to yeast silent chromatin through independent interactions requiring a common Sir1p domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:774-86 pubmed
- Drummond H, Furtado M, Myers S, Grifoni S, Parker K, Hoover A, et al. ENaC proteins are required for NGF-induced neurite growth. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;290:C404-10 pubmed..These data indicate NGF-TrkA regulation of ENaC expression may be required for neurite growth and may suggest a novel role for DEG/ENaC proteins in neuronal remodeling and differentiation. ..
- Qiu K, Su Y, Block E. Use of recombinant calpain-2 siRNA adenovirus to assess calpain-2 modulation of lung endothelial cell migration and proliferation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;292:69-78 pubmed..These results indicate that adenoviral vector harboring calpain-2 siRNA expression unit is a valuable tool to study the biology of calpains and that calpain-2 plays an important role in lung endothelial cell migration and proliferation. ..
- Yu J, Ershler M, Yu L, Wei M, Hackanson B, Yokohama A, et al. TSC-22 contributes to hematopoietic precursor cell proliferation and repopulation and is epigenetically silenced in large granular lymphocyte leukemia. Blood. 2009;113:5558-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that TSC-22 normally contributes to the regulation of HPC function and is a putative tumor suppressor gene that is hypermethylated and silenced in T or NK LGL leukemia. ..
- Jacob Y, Feng S, LeBlanc C, Bernatavichute Y, Stroud H, Cokus S, et al. ATXR5 and ATXR6 are H3K27 monomethyltransferases required for chromatin structure and gene silencing. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:763-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ATXR5 and ATXR6 form a new class of H3K27 methyltransferases and that H3K27me1 represents a previously uncharacterized pathway required for transcriptional repression in Arabidopsis. ..
- Waters K, Stenoien D, Sowa M, von Neubeck C, Chrisler W, Tan R, et al. Annexin A2 modulates radiation-sensitive transcriptional programming and cell fate. Radiat Res. 2013;179:53-61 pubmed publisher..These observations implicate an annexin A2 niche in cell fate regulation such that AnxA2 protects cells from radiation-induced apoptosis to maintain cellular homeostasis at low-dose radiation. ..
- Schmid A, Schindelholz B, Zinn K. Combinatorial RNAi: a method for evaluating the functions of gene families in Drosophila. Trends Neurosci. 2002;25:71-4 pubmed..By dye-labeling single neuroblasts in injected embryos, the effects of multigene silencing on individual CNS axon pathways can now be examined. ..
- Miralem T, Hu Z, Torno M, Lelli K, Maines M. Small interference RNA-mediated gene silencing of human biliverdin reductase, but not that of heme oxygenase-1, attenuates arsenite-mediated induction of the oxygenase and increases apoptosis in 293A kidney cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17084-92 pubmed..The findings describe the function of BVR in HO-1 oxidative response and, demonstrate, for the first time, not only that BVR advances the role of HO-1 in cytoprotection but also affords cytoprotection independent of heme degradation. ..
- Wu W, Cheng Y, Keller C, Ernst J, Kumar S, Mishra T, et al. Dynamics of the epigenetic landscape during erythroid differentiation after GATA1 restoration. Genome Res. 2011;21:1659-71 pubmed publisher..These determine permissiveness for expression, with subsequent induction or repression mediated by distinctive combinations of transcription factors. ..
- Bajaj A, Li Q, Zheng Q, Pumiglia K. Loss of NF1 expression in human endothelial cells promotes autonomous proliferation and altered vascular morphogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49222 pubmed publisher..These insights may provide new approaches to therapeutically addressing vascular abnormalities in these patients while underscoring a critical role for normal Ras regulation in maintaining the health and function of the vasculature. ..
- Soltis D, Buggs R, Barbazuk W, Schnable P, Soltis P. On the origins of species: does evolution repeat itself in polyploid populations of independent origin?. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2009;74:215-23 pubmed publisher..This methodology is particularly promising for groups such as Tragopogon for which limited genetic and genomic resources are available...
- Simon S, Meyers B. Small RNA-mediated epigenetic modifications in plants. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2011;14:148-55 pubmed publisher..As the multiple layers of epigenetic regulation in plants are dissected, a more comprehensive understanding of the biological importance of epigenetic marks and states has been developed. ..
- Daftary G, Lomberk G, Buttar N, Allen T, Grzenda A, Zhang J, et al. Detailed structural-functional analysis of the Krüppel-like factor 16 (KLF16) transcription factor reveals novel mechanisms for silencing Sp/KLF sites involved in metabolism and endocrinology. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:7010-25 pubmed publisher..These data also contribute to the new functional information that is applicable to understanding KLF16 and other highly related KLF proteins. ..
- Zhang P, Feng S, Liu G, Wang H, Zhu H, Ren Q, et al. Mutant B-Raf(V600E) Promotes Melanoma Paracellular Transmigration by Inducing Thrombin-mediated Endothelial Junction Breakdown. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2087-106 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the activation of thrombin generation by cancer cells in plasma is an important process regulating melanoma extravasation by disrupting endothelial junction integrity. ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Su G, Malaj E, Roe B, Cowell J. WAVE3, an actin-polymerization gene, is truncated and inactivated as a result of a constitutional t(1;13)(q21;q12) chromosome translocation in a patient with ganglioneuroblastoma. Oncogene. 2002;21:5967-74 pubmed..From analysis of its expression pattern and function, WAVE3 is a candidate tumor suppressor gene, at least in some forms of neuroblastoma...
- Quirk C, Seachrist D, Nilson J. Embryonic expression of the luteinizing hormone beta gene appears to be coupled to the transient appearance of p8, a high mobility group-related transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:1680-5 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that p8 is a stage-specific component of the gonadotrope transcriptome that may play a functional role in the initiation of LH beta gene expression during embryonic cellular differentiation. ..
- Chung I, Karpf A, Muindi J, Conroy J, Nowak N, Johnson C, et al. Epigenetic silencing of CYP24 in tumor-derived endothelial cells contributes to selective growth inhibition by calcitriol. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8704-14 pubmed
- Morales J, Perdew G. Carboxyl terminus of hsc70-interacting protein (CHIP) can remodel mature aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) complexes and mediate ubiquitination of both the AhR and the 90 kDa heat-shock protein (hsp90) in vitro. Biochemistry. 2007;46:610-21 pubmed
- Yang J, Wahdan Alaswad R, Danielpour D. Critical role of Smad2 in tumor suppression and transforming growth factor-beta-induced apoptosis of prostate epithelial cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2185-90 pubmed publisher..Given previous reports that NRP-152 cells have a stem cell phenotype, we speculate a critical role for Smad2 as a tumor suppressor in the basal epithelial or stem cell compartment of the prostate. ..
- Hsi L, Kundu S, Palomo J, Xu B, Ficco R, Vogelbaum M, et al. Silencing IL-13R?2 promotes glioblastoma cell death via endogenous signaling. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:1149-60 pubmed publisher..Identifying a mechanistic pathway that can be targeted for pharmacologic intervention will have applied implications to developing novel and effective treatments of GBM. ..
- Zealy R, Fomin M, Davila S, Makowsky D, Thigpen H, McDowell C, et al. Long noncoding RNA complementarity and target transcripts abundance. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2018;1861:224-234 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the current study demonstrates that partial complementarity of lncRNAs and mRNAs (even miRNAs) assist in determining target RNA expression and quantity. ..
- Shanower G, Muller M, Blanton J, Honti V, Gyurkovics H, Schedl P. Characterization of the grappa gene, the Drosophila histone H3 lysine 79 methyltransferase. Genetics. 2005;169:173-84 pubmed
- Alpatov R, Munguba G, Caton P, Joo J, Shi Y, Shi Y, et al. Nuclear speckle-associated protein Pnn/DRS binds to the transcriptional corepressor CtBP and relieves CtBP-mediated repression of the E-cadherin gene. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10223-35 pubmed..This interaction may reflect the existence of coupling factors involved in CtBP-mediated transcriptional regulation and mRNA processing events. ..
- McGillivary G, Bakaletz L. The multifunctional host defense peptide SPLUNC1 is critical for homeostasis of the mammalian upper airway. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13224 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data have provided the first in vivo evidence that cSPLUNC1 functions to maintain homeostasis of the upper airway and, thereby, is critical for protection of the middle ear...
- Varga A, Stourman N, Zheng Q, Safina A, Quan L, Li X, et al. Silencing of the Tropomyosin-1 gene by DNA methylation alters tumor suppressor function of TGF-beta. Oncogene. 2005;24:5043-52 pubmed..Together these results suggest that epigenetic suppression of TPM1 may alter TGF-beta tumor suppressor function and contribute to metastatic properties of tumor cells. ..
- Kachroo A, Fu D, Havens W, Navarre D, Kachroo P, Ghabrial S. An oleic acid-mediated pathway induces constitutive defense signaling and enhanced resistance to multiple pathogens in soybean. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2008;21:564-75 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate the efficacy of BPMV-induced gene silencing as a tool for functional studies in soybean. ..