Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene silencing in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: gene silencing
Publications288 found, 100 shown here
- Goodin M, Zaitlin D, Naidu R, Lommel S. Nicotiana benthamiana: its history and future as a model for plant-pathogen interactions. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2008;21:1015-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, we propose that N. benthamiana is well situated to become a premier plant cell biology model, particularly for the virology community, who as a group were the first to recognize the potential of this unique Australian native...
- Buchmann R, Asad S, Wolf J, Mohannath G, Bisaro D. Geminivirus AL2 and L2 proteins suppress transcriptional gene silencing and cause genome-wide reductions in cytosine methylation. J Virol. 2009;83:5005-13 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report that viral proteins can inhibit TGS...
- Chen S, Raval A, Johnson A, Hertlein E, Liu T, Jin V, et al. Epigenetic changes during disease progression in a murine model of human chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13433-8 pubmed publisher..These results provide strong rationale for the development of strategies to target NF-kappaB components in CLL and potentially other B-cell malignancies. ..
- Beleford D, Liu Z, Rattan R, Quagliuolo L, Boccellino M, Baldi A, et al. Methylation induced gene silencing of HtrA3 in smoking-related lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:398-409 pubmed publisher..Some 85% of lung cancers are smoking related. Here, we investigate the role of serine protease HtrA3 in smoking-related lung cancer...
- Liu M, Rakowski B, Gershburg E, Weisend C, Lucas O, Schmidt E, et al. ICP0 antagonizes ICP4-dependent silencing of the herpes simplex virus ICP0 gene. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8837 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings appear to add to the growing list of inexplicable similarities that point to a common evolutionary ancestry between the herpesviruses and tailed bacteriophage...
- Preston J, Hileman L. SQUAMOSA-PROMOTER BINDING PROTEIN 1 initiates flowering in Antirrhinum majus through the activation of meristem identity genes. Plant J. 2010;62:704-12 pubmed publisher..Together, these data outline the utility of virus-induced gene silencing in A. majus, and provide new insight into the conservation of flowering time genetic pathways across core eudicots...
- Tian N, Arany I, Waxman D, Baliga R. Cytochrome-P450 2B1 gene silencing attenuates puromycin aminonucleoside-induced cytotoxicity in glomerular epithelial cells. Kidney Int. 2010;78:182-90 pubmed publisher..Our results support a pivotal role of CYP2B1 for reactive oxygen species production in the endoplasmic reticulum in PAN-induced cytotoxicity. ..
- Kim Y, Zheng B, Yu Y, Won S, Mo B, Chen X. The role of Mediator in small and long noncoding RNA production in Arabidopsis thaliana. EMBO J. 2011;30:814-22 pubmed publisher..This study expands the function of Mediator to include Pol II-mediated intergenic transcription and implicates a role of Mediator in genome stability. ..
- Palanca Wessels M, Convertine A, Cutler Strom R, Booth G, Lee F, Berguig G, et al. Anti-CD22 antibody targeting of pH-responsive micelles enhances small interfering RNA delivery and gene silencing in lymphoma cells. Mol Ther. 2011;19:1529-37 pubmed publisher..Treatment of DoHH2 cells with CD22-targeted polymeric micelles containing 15 nmol/l siRNA produced 70% reduction of gene expression. This CD22-targeted polymer carrier may be useful for siRNA delivery to lymphoma cells. ..
- El Shewy H, Sohn M, Wilson P, Lee M, Hammad S, Luttrell L, et al. Low-density lipoprotein induced expression of connective tissue growth factor via transactivation of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptors in mesangial cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:833-45 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SK1-dependent S1P receptor transactivation is upstream of ERK1/2 and JNK and that all three steps are required for LDL-regulated expression of CTGF in mesangial cells. ..
- Yu B, Mao Y, Bai L, Herman S, Wang X, Ramanunni A, et al. Targeted nanoparticle delivery overcomes off-target immunostimulatory effects of oligonucleotides and improves therapeutic efficacy in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Blood. 2013;121:136-47 pubmed publisher..The broader implications of similar approaches in overcoming immunostimulatory properties of RNA-directed therapeutics in hematologic malignancies are also discussed. ..
- Chen C, De Pascali F, Basye A, Hemann C, Zweier J. Redox modulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by glutaredoxin-1 through reversible oxidative post-translational modification. Biochemistry. 2013;52:6712-23 pubmed publisher..In endothelial cells, Grx1 inhibition or gene silencing increased the level of eNOS S-glutathionylation and decreased the level of cellular NO generation. Thus, Grx1 can exert an important role in the redox regulation of eNOS in cells. ..
- Kuhar R, Gwiazda K, Humbert O, Mandt T, Pangallo J, Brault M, et al. Novel fluorescent genome editing reporters for monitoring DNA repair pathway utilization at endonuclease-induced breaks. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:e4 pubmed publisher..Application of these reporters to assess repair pathway usage in several common gene editing contexts confirms the importance that chromatin status and initiation of end resection have on the resolution of nuclease-induced breaks. ..
- Pesta D, Perry R, Guebre Egziabher F, Zhang D, Jurczak M, Fischer Rosinsky A, et al. Prevention of diet-induced hepatic steatosis and hepatic insulin resistance by second generation antisense oligonucleotides targeted to the longevity gene mIndy (Slc13a5). Aging (Albany NY). 2015;7:1086-93 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that inducible liver-selective reduction of mIndy in rats is able to ameliorate hepatic steatosis and insulin resistance, conditions occurring with high calorie diets and during aging. ..
- Kelley M, Keiger K, Lee C, Huibregtse J. The global transcriptional effects of the human papillomavirus E6 protein in cervical carcinoma cell lines are mediated by the E6AP ubiquitin ligase. J Virol. 2005;79:3737-47 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that E6AP mediates a broad spectrum of E6 functions, including virtually all functions that impact on the transcriptional program of HPV-positive cell lines...
- Lannan E, Vandergaast R, Friesen P. Baculovirus caspase inhibitors P49 and P35 block virus-induced apoptosis downstream of effector caspase DrICE activation in Drosophila melanogaster cells. J Virol. 2007;81:9319-30 pubmed
- Andino L, Takeda M, Kasahara H, Jakymiw A, Byrne B, Lewin A. AAV-mediated knockdown of phospholamban leads to improved contractility and calcium handling in cardiomyocytes. J Gene Med. 2008;10:132-42 pubmed..Our results suggest that AAV-delivered shRNAs mediated physiologically significant suppression of phospholamban that may be useful in combating the effects of chronic heart failure. ..
- Vyas K, Chaudhuri S, Leaman D, Komar A, Musiyenko A, Barik S, et al. Genome-wide polysome profiling reveals an inflammation-responsive posttranscriptional operon in gamma interferon-activated monocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:458-70 pubmed publisher..This regulation of a cohort of mRNAs encoding inflammatory proteins may be important to resolve inflammation. ..
- Delmas A, Riggs B, Pardo C, Dyer L, Darst R, Izumchenko E, et al. WIF1 is a frequent target for epigenetic silencing in squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:1625-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish the WIF1 gene as a frequent target for epigenetic silencing in squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. ..
- Huang W, Eum S, Andras I, Hennig B, Toborek M. PPARalpha and PPARgamma attenuate HIV-induced dysregulation of tight junction proteins by modulations of matrix metalloproteinase and proteasome activities. FASEB J. 2009;23:1596-606 pubmed publisher..The present data indicate that down-regulation of MMP and proteasome activities constitutes a novel mechanism of PPAR-induced protections against HIV-induced disruption of brain endothelial cells. ..
- Kanzaki H, Movila A, Kayal R, Napimoga M, Egashira K, Dewhirst F, et al. Phosphoglycerol dihydroceramide, a distinctive ceramide produced by Porphyromonas gingivalis, promotes RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis by acting on non-muscle myosin II-A (Myh9), an osteoclast cell fusion regulatory factor. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2017;1862:452-462 pubmed publisher
- Xiao H, Alexander W, Hammond T, Boone E, Perdue T, Pukkila P, et al. QIP, a protein that converts duplex siRNA into single strands, is required for meiotic silencing by unpaired DNA. Genetics. 2010;186:119-26 pubmed publisher..QIP is crucial for sexual development and is shown to colocalize with other MSUD proteins in the perinuclear region. ..
- Wang Y, Scheiber M, Neumann C, Calin G, Zhou D. MicroRNA regulation of ionizing radiation-induced premature senescence. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:839-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SA-miRNAs are involved in the regulation of IR-induced senescence, so targeting these miRNAs may be a novel approach for modulating cellular response to radiation exposure. ..
- Tili E, Michaille J, Costinean S, Croce C. MicroRNAs, the immune system and rheumatic disease. Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol. 2008;4:534-41 pubmed publisher..Abnormal expression of miRNAs-which is implicated in inflammation-has also been found in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. These findings identify miRNAs as critical targets for immunomodulatory drug development. ..
- Reyes F, Buono R, Roschzttardtz H, Di Rubbo S, Yeun L, Russinova E, et al. A novel endosomal sorting complex required for transport (ESCRT) component in Arabidopsis thaliana controls cell expansion and development. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4980-8 pubmed publisher..PROS is expressed in most tissues and cells types in Arabidopsis thaliana. Silencing of PROS leads to reduced cell expansion and abnormal organ growth...
- Birchler J, Kavi H, Fernandez H. Heterochromatin: RNA points the way. Curr Biol. 2004;14:R759-61 pubmed
- de Melo Campos P, Machado Neto J, Eide C, Savage S, Scopim Ribeiro R, da Silva Souza Duarte A, et al. IRS2 silencing increases apoptosis and potentiates the effects of ruxolitinib in JAK2V617F-positive myeloproliferative neoplasms. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6948-59 pubmed publisher..IRS2 contributes to increased cell viability and reduced apoptosis in JAK2-mutated cells. Combined pharmacological inhibition of IRS2 and JAK2 may have a potential clinical application in MPN. ..
- Leu Y, Yan P, Fan M, Jin V, Liu J, Curran E, et al. Loss of estrogen receptor signaling triggers epigenetic silencing of downstream targets in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8184-92 pubmed..The results imply, for the first time, the significance of epigenetic regulation on ERalpha target genes, providing new direction for research in this classical signaling pathway. ..
- Wu Y, Shi X, Guo S. The knockdown of progesterone receptor isoform B (PR-B) promotes proliferation in immortalized endometrial stromal cells. Fertil Steril. 2008;90:1320-3 pubmed publisher..This suggests that PR-B knockdown might be responsible, at least in part, for increased proliferation and resistance to apoptosis as seen in the eutopic and ectopic endometrium of women with endometriosis. ..
- Landers M, Bancescu D, Le Meur E, Rougeulle C, Glatt Deeley H, Brannan C, et al. Regulation of the large (approximately 1000 kb) imprinted murine Ube3a antisense transcript by alternative exons upstream of Snurf/Snrpn. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:3480-92 pubmed
- Wang X, Wu Q, Ito T, Cillo F, Li W, Chen X, et al. RNAi-mediated viral immunity requires amplification of virus-derived siRNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:484-9 pubmed publisher..Our work thus identifies a distinct mechanism for the amplification of immunity effectors, which together with the requirement for the biogenesis of endogenous siRNAs, may play a role in the emergence and expansion of eukaryotic RDRs...
- Benmerzouga I, Concepción Acevedo J, Kim H, Vandoros A, Cross G, Klingbeil M, et al. Trypanosoma brucei Orc1 is essential for nuclear DNA replication and affects both VSG silencing and VSG switching. Mol Microbiol. 2013;87:196-210 pubmed publisher..brucei telomere proteins, TbRAP1 and TbTRF. We conclude that TbOrc1 has conserved functions in DNA replication and is also required to control telomere-linked VSG expression and VSG switching...
- Wehr M, Hostick U, Kyweriga M, Tan A, Weible A, Wu H, et al. Transgenic silencing of neurons in the mammalian brain by expression of the allatostatin receptor (AlstR). J Neurophysiol. 2009;102:2554-62 pubmed publisher..When crossed to other transactivator lines expressing in defined neuronal cell types, this AlstR/tetO line should prove a very useful tool for the analysis of intact central neural circuits. ..
- Huang M, Li K, Spear B. The mouse alpha-fetoprotein promoter is repressed in HepG2 hepatoma cells by hepatocyte nuclear factor-3 (FOXA). DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:561-9 pubmed..We propose that HNF3 represses AFP promoter activity through indirect mechanisms that modulate the binding or activity of a liver-enriched factor that interacts with the -165 region of the AFP promoter. ..
- de Beer M, Zhao Z, Webb N, van der Westhuyzen D, de Villiers W. Lack of a direct role for macrosialin in oxidized LDL metabolism. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:674-85 pubmed..We conclude that although MS expression in macrophages and Kupffer cells is responsive to a proatherogenic inflammatory diet and to oxLDL, MS does not function as an oxLDL receptor on the cell surface. ..
- Mlotshwa S, Pruss G, Peragine A, Endres M, Li J, Chen X, et al. DICER-LIKE2 plays a primary role in transitive silencing of transgenes in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1755 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DCL2 plays an essential, as opposed to redundant, role in transitive silencing of transgenes and may play a more important role in silencing of viruses than currently thought. ..
- Sterkel A, Lorenzini J, Fites J, Subramanian Vignesh K, Sullivan T, Wuthrich M, et al. Fungal Mimicry of a Mammalian Aminopeptidase Disables Innate Immunity and Promotes Pathogenicity. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;19:361-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, fungal DppIVA mediates immune-regulatory disturbances that underlie invasive fungal disease. These findings reveal a form of molecular piracy by a broadly conserved aminopeptidase during disease pathogenesis. ..
- Nadeau H, Lester H. NRSF causes cAMP-sensitive suppression of sodium current in cultured hippocampal neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2002;88:409-21 pubmed..The striking similarity of the phenotypes makes NRSF potentially useful as a genetic "silencer" and also suggests avenues of further exploration that may elucidate the transcription factor's in vivo role in neuronal plasticity...
- Wang H, Clem R. The role of IAP antagonist proteins in the core apoptosis pathway of the mosquito disease vector Aedes aegypti. Apoptosis. 2011;16:235-48 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the mechanisms by which IAP antagonists regulate apoptosis are largely conserved between A. aegypti and D. melanogaster, although subtle differences exist. ..
- Huang Y, de la Chapelle A, Pellegata N. Hypermethylation, but not LOH, is associated with the low expression of MT1G and CRABP1 in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2003;104:735-44 pubmed..In contrast, hypermethylation of promoter CpG islands seems to occur at higher frequency. MT1G and CRABP1 are novel genes that are likely involved in the pathogenesis of sporadic PTC...
- Liao X, Thrasher J, Holzbeierlein J, Stanley S, Li B. Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta activity is required for androgen-stimulated gene expression in prostate cancer. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2941-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that GSK-3beta activity is required for androgen-stimulated gene expression in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Gao S, Steffen J, Laughon A. Dpp-responsive silencers are bound by a trimeric Mad-Medea complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36158-64 pubmed..The slight alteration of the Dpp silencers caused them to activate transcription in response to Dpp signaling, indicating that the potential for Smad complexes to recognize specific targets need not be limited to repression. ..
- Tan X, Essengue S, Talreja J, Reese J, Stechschulte D, Dileepan K. Histamine directly and synergistically with lipopolysaccharide stimulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin I(2) and E(2) production in human coronary artery endothelial cells. J Immunol. 2007;179:7899-906 pubmed..Thus, histamine plays an important role in the regulation of COX-2 expression and prostanoid homeostasis in vascular endothelium. ..
- Kim B, Bin L, Ye Y, Ramamoorthy P, Leung D. IL-25 enhances HSV-1 replication by inhibiting filaggrin expression, and acts synergistically with Th2 cytokines to enhance HSV-1 replication. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2678-2685 pubmed publisher..Filaggrin breakdown products, however, inhibited HSV-1 replication in vitro. ..
- Flaherty M, Brown M, Grupp I, Schultz J, Murphree S, Jones W. eNOS deficient mice develop progressive cardiac hypertrophy with altered cytokine and calcium handling protein expression. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2007;7:165-77 pubmed
- Abrhale T, Brodie A, Sabnis G, Macedo L, Tian C, Yue B, et al. GP88 (PC-Cell Derived Growth Factor, progranulin) stimulates proliferation and confers letrozole resistance to aromatase overexpressing breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:231 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide information on the role of an alternate growth and survival factor on the acquisition of aromatase inhibitor resistance in ER+ breast cancer. ..
- Hua Y, Zhang Y, Dolence J, Shi G, Ren J, Nair S. Cathepsin K knockout mitigates high-fat diet-induced cardiac hypertrophy and contractile dysfunction. Diabetes. 2013;62:498-509 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that cathepsin K contributes to the development of obesity-associated cardiac hypertrophy and may represent a potential target for the treatment to obesity-associated cardiac anomalies. ..
- Hu N, Strobl Mazzulla P, Sauka Spengler T, Bronner M. DNA methyltransferase3A as a molecular switch mediating the neural tube-to-neural crest fate transition. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2380-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, DNMT3A functions as a molecular switch, repressing neural to favor neural crest cell fate...
- Lu X, Wang Q, Hu G, Van Poznak C, Fleisher M, Reiss M, et al. ADAMTS1 and MMP1 proteolytically engage EGF-like ligands in an osteolytic signaling cascade for bone metastasis. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1882-94 pubmed publisher..This study established MMP1 and ADAMTS1 in tumor cells, as well as EGFR signaling in osteoblasts, as promising therapeutic targets for inhibiting bone metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Lietman S, Tenenbaum Rakover Y, Jap T, Yi Chi W, De Ming Y, Ding C, et al. A novel loss-of-function mutation, Gln459Arg, of the calcium-sensing receptor gene associated with apparent autosomal recessive inheritance of familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:4372-9 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the importance of genetic testing in FHH to distinguish between de novo and inherited mutations of the CASR gene and assist in management decisions. ..
- Logue J, Whiting J, Tunquist B, Sacks D, Langeberg L, Wordeman L, et al. AKAP220 protein organizes signaling elements that impact cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:39269-81 pubmed publisher..This reveals an unappreciated role for this anchored kinase/microtubule effector protein network in the propagation of cell motility. ..
- Mitra D, Das P, Huynh F, Jones F. Jumonji/ARID1 B (JARID1B) protein promotes breast tumor cell cycle progression through epigenetic repression of microRNA let-7e. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40531-5 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the JARID1B demethylase contributes to tumor cell proliferation through the epigenetic repression of a tumor suppressor miR. ..
- Kamikura D, Cooper J. Lipoprotein receptors and a disabled family cytoplasmic adaptor protein regulate EGL-17/FGF export in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2798-811 pubmed..These results suggest a model in which Ce-DAB-1 coordinates selection of receptors and cargo, including EGL-17, for transport through the secretory pathway. ..
- Hoare S, Hoare K, Reinhard M, Lee Y, Oh S, May W. Tnk1/Kos1 knockout mice develop spontaneous tumors. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8723-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tnk1/Kos1 is a tumor suppressor that functions to down-regulate Ras activity. ..
- Wang H, Karikomi M, Naidu S, Rajmohan R, Caserta E, Chen H, et al. Allele-specific tumor spectrum in pten knockin mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5142-7 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the variable tumor phenotypes observed in patients with Cowden and BRR syndromes can be attributed to specific mutations in PTEN that alter protein function through distinct mechanisms...
- Remsing L, Gonz lez A, Nur E Alam M, Fern ndez Lozano M, Bra a A, Rix U, et al. Mithramycin SK, a novel antitumor drug with improved therapeutic index, mithramycin SA, and demycarosyl-mithramycin SK: three new products generated in the mithramycin producer Streptomyces argillaceus through combinatorial biosynthesis. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:5745-53 pubmed publisher..The major product, MTM-SK, was tested in vitro against a variety of human cancer cell lines, as well as in an in vitro toxicity assay, and showed an improved therapeutic index, in comparison to the parent drug, MTM...
- Balamurugan K, Ashokkumar B, Moussaif M, Sze J, Said H. Cloning and functional characterization of a folate transporter from the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C670-81 pubmed..Thus C. elegans provides a genetically tractable model that can be used to study integrative aspects of the folate uptake process in the context of the whole animal level. ..
- Stauffer D, Howard T, Nyun T, Hollenberg S. CHMP1 is a novel nuclear matrix protein affecting chromatin structure and cell-cycle progression. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2383-93 pubmed..In combination, these observations suggest that CHMP1 plays a role in stable gene silencing within the nucleus. ..
- Thangaraju M, Cresci G, Liu K, Ananth S, Gnanaprakasam J, Browning D, et al. GPR109A is a G-protein-coupled receptor for the bacterial fermentation product butyrate and functions as a tumor suppressor in colon. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2826-32 pubmed publisher..These studies show that GPR109A mediates the tumor-suppressive effects of the bacterial fermentation product butyrate in colon...
- Malinowski R, Higgins R, Luo Y, Piper L, Nazir A, Bajwa V, et al. The tomato brassinosteroid receptor BRI1 increases binding of systemin to tobacco plasma membranes, but is not involved in systemin signaling. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;70:603-16 pubmed publisher..This unusual behavior and the nature of the elusive systemin receptor will be discussed...
- Wang Y, Luo J, Chen X, Chen H, Cramer S, Sun D. Gene inactivation of Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 1 attenuates apoptosis and mitochondrial damage following transient focal cerebral ischemia. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;28:51-61 pubmed publisher..In contrast, up-regulation of NHE1 expression was found in NHE1+/+ neurons after in vitro ischemia. These data suggest that NHE1 activation following cerebral ischemia contributes to mitochondrial damage and ischemic apoptosis. ..
- Du Z, Hu B, Ayala M, Sauer B, Zhang S. Cre recombination-mediated cassette exchange for building versatile transgenic human embryonic stem cells lines. Stem Cells. 2009;27:1032-41 pubmed publisher..This strategy and the master cell lines allow for rapid production of transgenic hESC lines in ordinary laboratories. ..
- Yates P, Burman R, Simpson J, Ponomoreva O, Thayer M, Turker M. Silencing of mouse Aprt is a gradual process in differentiated cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4461-70 pubmed..All allelic methylation patterns were variegated, which is consistent with a gradual and evolving process. In total, our results demonstrate that silencing of mouse Aprt is a gradual process in the differentiated cells. ..
- Dobierzewska A, Giltiay N, Sabapathi S, Karakashian A, Nikolova Karakashian M. Protein phosphatase 2A and neutral sphingomyelinase 2 regulate IRAK-1 protein ubiquitination and degradation in response to interleukin-1beta. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32064-73 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that NSMase-2- and PP2A-dependent regulation of IRAK-1 degradation is a novel mechanism to fine tune the magnitude of IL-1? response. ..
- Kurose K, Gilley K, Matsumoto S, Watson P, Zhou X, Eng C. Frequent somatic mutations in PTEN and TP53 are mutually exclusive in the stroma of breast carcinomas. Nat Genet. 2002;32:355-7 pubmed..Mutations in TP53 and PTEN are mutually exclusive in either compartment. In contrast, mutations in WFDC1 (16q24, encoding WAP four-disulfide core domain 1) occur with low frequency in the stroma. ..
- Kraynack B, Baker B. Small interfering RNAs containing full 2'-O-methylribonucleotide-modified sense strands display Argonaute2/eIF2C2-dependent activity. RNA. 2006;12:163-76 pubmed
- Perl A, Qian Y, Chohan K, Shirley C, Amidon W, Banerjee S, et al. Transaldolase is essential for maintenance of the mitochondrial transmembrane potential and fertility of spermatozoa. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14813-8 pubmed..Collectively, these data reveal an essential role of TAL in sperm-cell mitochondrial function and, thus, male fertility. ..
- Moffitt A, Ondrejka S, McKinney M, Rempel R, Goodlad J, Teh C, et al. Enteropathy-associated T cell lymphoma subtypes are characterized by loss of function of SETD2. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1371-1386 pubmed publisher..Our data render the most comprehensive genetic portrait yet of this uncommon but lethal disease and may inform future classification schemes. ..
- Fagerlie S, Koretsky T, Torok Storb B, Bagby G. Impaired type I IFN-induced Jak/STAT signaling in FA-C cells and abnormal CD4+ Th cell subsets in Fancc-/- mice. J Immunol. 2004;173:3863-70 pubmed..We suggest that Fancc mutations result in a subtle immunological defect owing to the failure of FANCC to normally support Jak/STAT signaling. ..
- Iczkowski K, Omara Opyene A, Shah G. The predominant CD44 splice variant in prostate cancer binds fibronectin, and calcitonin stimulates its expression. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:2863-72 pubmed..Calcitonin influenced PC's balance between CD44s and CD44v. CD44v controlled invasiveness, altered ligand binding, and provides a target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Swiatecka Urban A, Talebian L, Kanno E, Moreau Marquis S, Coutermarsh B, Hansen K, et al. Myosin Vb is required for trafficking of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in Rab11a-specific apical recycling endosomes in polarized human airway epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23725-36 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that myosin Vb is required for CFTR recycling in Rab11a-specific apical recycling endosomes in polarized human airway epithelial cells. ..
- Coutinho Abreu I, Sharma N, Robles Murguia M, Ramalho Ortigao M. Targeting the midgut secreted PpChit1 reduces Leishmania major development in its natural vector, the sand fly Phlebotomus papatasi. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e901 pubmed publisher..Thus, we predicted that silencing of sand fly chitinase will lead to reduction or elimination of Leishmania within the gut of the sand fly vector...
- Huang P, Keller C, Giardine B, Grevet J, Davies J, Hughes J, et al. Comparative analysis of three-dimensional chromosomal architecture identifies a novel fetal hemoglobin regulatory element. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1704-1713 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a new critical regulatory region as a potential target for therapeutic genome editing for hemoglobinopathies and highlight the power of chromosome conformation analysis in discovering new cis control elements. ..
- Bairwa N, Zzaman S, Mohanty B, Bastia D. Replication fork arrest and rDNA silencing are two independent and separable functions of the replication terminator protein Fob1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12612-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data support the conclusion that unlike some other functions of Fob1, rDNA silencing at Ter is independent of fork arrest. ..
- Arensburger P, Hice R, Wright J, Craig N, Atkinson P. The mosquito Aedes aegypti has a large genome size and high transposable element load but contains a low proportion of transposon-specific piRNAs. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:606 pubmed publisher..This, together the more uniform distribution of piRNA clusters throughout its genome, suggest that some aspects of the piRNA system differ between Ae. aegypti and D. melanogaster. ..
- Kahana A, Gottschling D. DOT4 links silencing and cell growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6608-20 pubmed..We propose that Dot4p helps to restrict the location of silencing proteins to a limited set of genomic loci. ..
- Bose M, McConnell K, Gardner Aukema K, Muller U, Weinreich M, Keck J, et al. The origin recognition complex and Sir4 protein recruit Sir1p to yeast silent chromatin through independent interactions requiring a common Sir1p domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:774-86 pubmed
- Drummond H, Furtado M, Myers S, Grifoni S, Parker K, Hoover A, et al. ENaC proteins are required for NGF-induced neurite growth. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;290:C404-10 pubmed..These data indicate NGF-TrkA regulation of ENaC expression may be required for neurite growth and may suggest a novel role for DEG/ENaC proteins in neuronal remodeling and differentiation. ..
- Qiu K, Su Y, Block E. Use of recombinant calpain-2 siRNA adenovirus to assess calpain-2 modulation of lung endothelial cell migration and proliferation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;292:69-78 pubmed..These results indicate that adenoviral vector harboring calpain-2 siRNA expression unit is a valuable tool to study the biology of calpains and that calpain-2 plays an important role in lung endothelial cell migration and proliferation. ..