Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Germany
Topic: gene expression regulation
Publications644 found, 100 shown here
- Zeiser S, Franz U, Wittich O, Liebscher V. Simulation of genetic networks modelled by piecewise deterministic Markov processes. IET Syst Biol. 2008;2:113-35 pubmed publisher..It is shown that despite of the partial simplification of the mesoscopic nature of regulatory networks such processes are suitable to reveal the intrinsic noise effects because of the low copy numbers of genes. ..
- Jilg A, Lesny S, Peruzki N, Schwegler H, Selbach O, Dehghani F, et al. Temporal dynamics of mouse hippocampal clock gene expression support memory processing. Hippocampus. 2010;20:377-88 pubmed publisher..We propose that the dynamics of hippocampal clock gene expression imprint a temporal structure on memory processing and shape at the same time the efficacy of behavioral learning. ..
- Voolstra O, Oberhauser V, Sumser E, Meyer N, Maguire M, Huber A, et al. NinaB is essential for Drosophila vision but induces retinal degeneration in opsin-deficient photoreceptors. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2130-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifies NinaB as a key component for visual pigment production and provides evidence that chromophore in opsin-deficient photoreceptors can elicit retinal degeneration. ..
- Adamek M, Rakus K, Chyb J, Brogden G, Huebner A, Irnazarow I, et al. Interferon type I responses to virus infections in carp cells: In vitro studies on Cyprinid herpesvirus 3 and Rhabdovirus carpio infections. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:482-93 pubmed publisher..This would open the opportunity to treat the disease associated with CyHV-3 by an application of poly I:C in certain cases...
- Yeghiazaryan K, Schild H, Golubnitschaja O. Chromium-picolinate therapy in diabetes care: individual outcomes require new guidelines and navigation by predictive diagnostics. Infect Disord Drug Targets. 2012;12:332-9 pubmed..Consequently, a multimodal approach of integrative medicine by predictive diagnostics, targeted prevention and individually created treatment algorithms is highly desirable. ..
- Runkel F, Rohlmann A, Reissner C, Brand S, Missler M. Promoter-like sequences regulating transcriptional activity in neurexin and neuroligin genes. J Neurochem. 2013;127:36-47 pubmed publisher..These data provide first insights into regulatory sequences of Nrxn and Nlgn genes that may represent an important aspect of their function at synapses in health and disease. ..
- Muschol Steinmetz C, Jasmer B, Kreis N, Steinhäuser K, Ritter A, Rolle U, et al. B-cell lymphoma 6 promotes proliferation and survival of trophoblastic cells. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:827-39 pubmed publisher..Whether increased BCL6 observed in preeclamptic placentas is one of the causes or the consequences of preeclampsia warrants further investigations in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Hansis C, Jähner D, Spiess A, Boettcher K, Ivell R. The gene for the Alzheimer-associated beta-amyloid-binding protein (ERAB) is differentially expressed in the testicular Leydig cells of the azoospermic by w/w(v) mouse. Eur J Biochem. 1998;258:53-60 pubmed
- Geick A, Eichelbaum M, Burk O. Nuclear receptor response elements mediate induction of intestinal MDR1 by rifampin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14581-7 pubmed..Only one DR4 motif within this cluster is necessary for induction by rifampin. We conclude that induction of MDR1 is mediated by a DR4 motif in the upstream enhancer at about -8 kilobase pairs, to which PXR binds. ..
- Groth C, Drager R, Warnatz K, Wolff Vorbeck G, Schmidt S, Eibel H, et al. Impaired up-regulation of CD70 and CD86 in naive (CD27-) B cells from patients with common variable immunodeficiency (CVID). Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;129:133-9 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest an intrinsic signalling or expression defect for CD70/CD86 at the level of naive B cells in type I CVID patients. ..
- Baumann B, Bohnenstengel F, Siegmund D, Wajant H, Weber C, Herr I, et al. Rocaglamide derivatives are potent inhibitors of NF-kappa B activation in T-cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:44791-800 pubmed..Our data suggest that rocaglamide derivatives could serve as lead structures in the development of anti-inflammatory and tumoricidal drugs. ..
- Klaus S, Rudolph B, Dohrmann C, Wehr R. Expression of uncoupling protein 1 in skeletal muscle decreases muscle energy efficiency and affects thermoregulation and substrate oxidation. Physiol Genomics. 2005;21:193-200 pubmed..At Tas below thermoneutrality, this puts increasing energy demands on the animals, whereas at thermoneutrality most differences in energy metabolism are not apparent any more. ..
- Gebauer M, Saas J, Haag J, Dietz U, Takigawa M, Bartnik E, et al. Repression of anti-proliferative factor Tob1 in osteoarthritic cartilage. Arthritis Res Ther. 2005;7:R274-84 pubmed..Activation, the reinitiation of proliferative activity and the loss of a stable phenotype are three major changes in osteoarthritic chondrocytes that are highly significantly correlated with the repression of Tob1 expression. ..
- Agop Nersesian C, Pfahler J, Lanzer M, Meissner M. Functional expression of ribozymes in Apicomplexa: towards exogenous control of gene expression by inducible RNA-cleavage. Int J Parasitol. 2008;38:673-81 pubmed
- Xu Q, Seeger F, Castillo J, Iekushi K, Boon R, Farcas R, et al. Micro-RNA-34a contributes to the impaired function of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells from patients with cardiovascular disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;59:2107-17 pubmed publisher..Reducing the expression of the pro-apoptotic miR-34a improves the survival of BMCs in vitro and enhances the therapeutic benefit of cell therapy in mice after AMI. ..
- Klein J, Schwarz G. Cofactor-dependent maturation of mammalian sulfite oxidase links two mitochondrial import pathways. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4876-85 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the identified molecular hierarchy of SO maturation represents a novel link between the canonical presequence pathway and folding-trap mechanisms of mitochondrial import. ..
- Galan S, Kann P. Genetics and molecular pathogenesis of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2013;78:165-75 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the complexity and high genetic diversity of PCC and PGL may lead to more efficient diagnosis and management of the disease...
- SchrÃ¶der K, Weissmann N, Brandes R. Organizers and activators: Cytosolic Nox proteins impacting on vascular function. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;109:22-32 pubmed publisher..Finally, it will be discussed whether cytosolic Nox proteins are suitable pharmacological targets to tamper with vascular ROS production. ..
- Schmidt M, Gerlach F, Avivi A, Laufs T, Wystub S, Simpson J, et al. Cytoglobin is a respiratory protein in connective tissue and neurons, which is up-regulated by hypoxia. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8063-9 pubmed..Surprisingly, cytoglobin is localized in both the cytoplasm and nucleus of neurons, indicating a possible additional role of this protein in neuronal tissues. ..
- Hafner C, Meyer S, Langmann T, Schmitz G, Bataille F, Hagen I, et al. Ephrin-B2 is differentially expressed in the intestinal epithelium in Crohn's disease and contributes to accelerated epithelial wound healing in vitro. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:4024-31 pubmed..EphB/ephrin-B signaling might represent a novel protective mechanism that promotes intestinal epithelial wound healing, with potential impact on epithelial restitution in IBD. ..
- Wendt K, Wilk E, Buyny S, Buer J, Schmidt R, Jacobs R. Gene and protein characteristics reflect functional diversity of CD56dim and CD56bright NK cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;80:1529-41 pubmed..This will subsequently lead to the establishment of suitable animal models for detailed analysis of NK cell populations in vivo. ..
- Clayton C, Shapira M. Post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression in trypanosomes and leishmanias. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2007;156:93-101 pubmed..Thus the regulation of gene expression is post-transcriptional. We here discuss recent results concerning the enzymes required for mRNA degradation, and components of the translation initiation machinery, and how both are regulated. ..
- Todorov V, Desch M, Schubert T, Kurtz A. The Pal3 promoter sequence is critical for the regulation of human renin gene transcription by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma. Endocrinology. 2008;149:4647-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, the human renin Pal3 site appears to be critical for the PPARgamma-dependent regulation of gene expression by mediating maximal transcription activation, particularly at the low cellular level of PPARgamma. ..
- Brandenburg L, Varoga D, Nicolaeva N, Leib S, Podschun R, Wruck C, et al. Expression and regulation of antimicrobial peptide rCRAMP after bacterial infection in primary rat meningeal cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2009;217:55-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cathelicidins produced by meningeal cells play an important part in the innate immune response against pathogens in CNS bacterial infections. ..
- Greber B, Wu G, Bernemann C, Joo J, Han D, Ko K, et al. Conserved and divergent roles of FGF signaling in mouse epiblast stem cells and human embryonic stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;6:215-26 pubmed publisher..Our data extend the current model of cell fate decisions concerning EpiSCs by clarifying the distinct roles played by FGF signaling...
- Desch M, Schubert T, Schreiber A, Mayer S, Friedrich B, Artunc F, et al. PPARgamma-dependent regulation of adenylate cyclase 6 amplifies the stimulatory effect of cAMP on renin gene expression. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:2139-51 pubmed publisher..AC6 has been identified as PPAR? target gene with a functional Pal3 sequence. ..
- Schmid A, Kopp A, Aslanidis C, Wabitsch M, Muller M, Schaffler A. Regulation and function of C1Q/TNF-related protein-5 (CTRP-5) in the context of adipocyte biology. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2013;121:310-7 pubmed publisher..CTRP-5 might be a novel adipokine that circulates abundantly in human sera. CTRP-5 is functionally involved in adipocyte biology and there might exist a counter-regulatory connection with its family member, CTRP-3. ..
- Beyreuther K, Pollwein P, Multhaup G, Mönning U, Konig G, Dyrks T, et al. Regulation and expression of the Alzheimer's beta/A4 amyloid protein precursor in health, disease, and Down's syndrome. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1993;695:91-102 pubmed..This may be the case during pathological evolution of AD and DS when beta/A4 derived from synaptic APP is converted to beta/A4 amyloid by radical generation. ..
- Nebl G, Cato A. NFI/X proteins: a class of NFI family of transcription factors with positive and negative regulatory domains. Cell Mol Biol Res. 1995;41:85-95 pubmed..With the identification of the negative domain in the NFI/X proteins, we demonstrate here a novel regulatory feature of these proteins in positive and negative modulation of gene expression. ..
- Huttenhofer A, Heider J, Bock A. Interaction of the Escherichia coli fdhF mRNA hairpin promoting selenocysteine incorporation with the ribosome. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:3903-10 pubmed
- Laurie D, Bartke I, Schoepfer R, Naujoks K, Seeburg P. Regional, developmental and interspecies expression of the four NMDAR2 subunits, examined using monoclonal antibodies. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1997;51:23-32 pubmed..In summary, NR2 subunits are large glycoproteins whose specific expression profiles in the brain are developmentally and regionally regulated and which are similarly expressed in a variety of species. ..
- Petersenn S, Rasch A, Heyens M, Schulte H. Structure and regulation of the human growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor gene. Mol Endocrinol. 1998;12:233-47 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the complex nature of the human GHRH-R gene and identify its 5'-flanking region. Furthermore, specific activity of the promoter and regulation by various hormones are demonstrated. ..
- Staller P, Peukert K, Kiermaier A, Seoane J, Lukas J, Karsunky H, et al. Repression of p15INK4b expression by Myc through association with Miz-1. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:392-9 pubmed..Alleles of c-myc that are unable to bind to Miz-1 fail to inhibit accumulation of p15INK4b messenger RNA in primary cells and are, as a consequence, deficient in immortalization. ..
- Melzner I, Scott V, Dorsch K, Fischer P, Wabitsch M, Brüderlein S, et al. Leptin gene expression in human preadipocytes is switched on by maturation-induced demethylation of distinct CpGs in its proximal promoter. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45420-7 pubmed
- Hess S, Peters J, Bartling G, Rheinheimer C, Hegde P, Magid Slav M, et al. More than just innate immunity: comparative analysis of Chlamydophila pneumoniae and Chlamydia trachomatis effects on host-cell gene regulation. Cell Microbiol. 2003;5:785-95 pubmed..These genus- or group-specific transcriptional response patterns elicited by viable intracellular pathogens may considerably contribute to the different pathologies encountered in the clinic. ..
- Abuharbeid S, Czubayko F, Aigner A. The fibroblast growth factor-binding protein FGF-BP. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38:1463-8 pubmed..This indicates that FGF-BP can be rate-limiting for tumor growth and serves as an angiogenic switch molecule, and that it represents an increasingly promising target molecule in anti-tumor therapy. ..
- Worch S, Fiedler E, Hansmann I, Schlote D. Genomic organization and expression pattern of scapinin (PHACTR3) in mouse and human. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2006;115:23-9 pubmed..Based on the transcriptional data we therefore assume scapinin to have a distinct biological function in the mammalian brain. ..
- Kloting N, Wilke B, Kloting I. Triplet repeat in the Repin1 3'-untranslated region on rat chromosome 4 correlates with facets of the metabolic syndrome. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2007;23:406-10 pubmed
- Haase M, Schott M, Bornstein S, Malendowicz L, Scherbaum W, Willenberg H. CITED2 is expressed in human adrenocortical cells and regulated by basic fibroblast growth factor. J Endocrinol. 2007;192:459-65 pubmed..It is connected to the signaling cascades of bFGF and its expression is modulated by mitogen-activated protein kinases. This suggests a novel role for CITED2 in human adrenal growth and possibly in adrenal tumorigenesis. ..
- Opländer C, Wetzel W, Cortese M, Pallua N, Suschek C. Evidence for a physiological role of intracellularly occurring photolabile nitrogen oxides in human skin fibroblasts. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;44:1752-61 pubmed publisher..Consequently, nonphysiological low PNO concentrations might promote known UVA-related skin injuries such as premature aging and carcinogenesis...
- Schwenk J, Zolles G, Kandias N, Neubauer I, Kalbacher H, Covarrubias M, et al. NMR analysis of KChIP4a reveals structural basis for control of surface expression of Kv4 channel complexes. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18937-46 pubmed publisher..Surface expression of Kv4 complexes may thus be controlled by an auto-inhibitory domain in the KChIP subunit. ..
- Wiesenthal A, Hoffmeister M, Siddique M, Kovacevic I, Oess S, Muller Esterl W, et al. NOSTRINbeta--a shortened NOSTRIN variant with a role in transcriptional regulation. Traffic. 2009;10:26-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that nuclear NOSTRINbeta may negatively regulate transcription of the NOSTRIN gene. ..
- Floer M, Götte M, Wild M, Heidemann J, Gassar E, Domschke W, et al. Enoxaparin improves the course of dextran sodium sulfate-induced colitis in syndecan-1-deficient mice. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:146-57 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Sdc1 has a protective effect during experimental colitis. The modification of missing Sdc1 function by heparin analogues may emerge as a promising anti-inflammatory approach. ..
- Mazur J, Ritter D, Reinelt G, Kaderali L. Reconstructing nonlinear dynamic models of gene regulation using stochastic sampling. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:448 pubmed publisher..In addition, the stochastic learning framework used permits the computation of probability distributions over models and model parameters, which holds interesting prospects for experimental design purposes. ..
- Renz H, Conrad M, Brand S, Teich R, Garn H, Pfefferle P. Allergic diseases, gene-environment interactions. Allergy. 2011;66 Suppl 95:10-2 pubmed publisher..This dysregulation is the result of complex interactions between genes and environment. These interactions occur both pre- and postnatally, providing opportunities for early interventions in immunological programming. ..
- Khan M, Vaes E, Mombaerts P. Regulation of the probability of mouse odorant receptor gene choice. Cell. 2011;147:907-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, the P and H elements regulate the probability of OR gene choice, not OR transcript level per OSN...
- Hiller B, Angulo J, Olivera M, Nuernberg G, Nuernberg K. How selected tissues of lactating holstein cows respond to dietary polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation. Lipids. 2013;48:357-67 pubmed publisher..This descriptive study reports tissue-divergent effects of dietary PUFA and outlines the significance of a PUFA intervention with regard to dairy cows' nutritional management. ..
- Relja B, Omid N, Wagner N, MÃ¶rs K, Werner I, Juengel E, et al. Ethanol, ethyl and sodium pyruvate decrease the inflammatory responses of human lung epithelial cells via Akt and NF-ÎºB in vitro but have a low impact on hepatocellular cells. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:517-25 pubmed publisher..The possible underlying mechanisms involved the downregulation of Akt and the transcription factor NF-ÎºB, but further research on this subject is required. ..
- Perakakis N, Flohr F, Kayser G, Thomusch O, Parsons L, Billmann F, et al. Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 associated with a new germline Men1 mutation in a family with atypical tumor phenotype. Hormones (Athens). 2016;15:113-7 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, in families with uncommon manifestations of the syndrome early diagnostic adjustments should be considered. ..
- Payr S, Tichy B, Atteneder C, Michel M, Tiefenboeck T, Lang N, et al. Redifferentiation of aged human articular chondrocytes by combining bone morphogenetic protein-2 and melanoma inhibitory activity protein in 3D-culture. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179729 pubmed publisher..A significant enhancement of this effect in combination with MIA could not be observed. Furthermore no significant reduction of osteogenic markers during re-differentiation of chondrocytes was present combining BMP-2 and MIA. ..
- Kuhn R, Kuhn C, Borsch D, Glätzer K, Schafer U, Schafer M. A cluster of four genes selectively expressed in the male germ line of Drosophila melanogaster. Mech Dev. 1991;35:143-51 pubmed..Although flies with a homozygous deletion of the cluster still produce motile sperm, electron microscopic examination revealed numerous malformations in the ultrastructure of the axoneme resulting in a drastic reduction of motile sperm. ..
- Bauer R, Imhof A, Pscherer A, Kopp H, Moser M, Seegers S, et al. The genomic structure of the human AP-2 transcription factor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:1413-20 pubmed..A partial AP-2 promoter fragment including the AP-2 consensus binding site is approximately 5-fold transactivated by cotransfection of an AP-2 expression plasmid. ..
- Mangasser Stephan K, Dooley S, Welter C, Mutschler W, Hanselmann R. Identification of human semaphorin E gene expression in rheumatoid synovial cells by mRNA differential display. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;234:153-6 pubmed..Interestingly semaphorin E is a member of a protein-family described to play an immunosuppressive role via inhibition cytokines. A relevance of this finding towards the pathogenesis of RA is discussed. ..
- Müschen A, Mirmohammadsadegh A, Jarzebska Deussen B, Abts H, Ruzicka T, Michel G. Differential IL-10 receptor gene expression in acute versus chronic atopic eczema. Modulation by immunosuppressive drugs and cytokines in normal cultured keratinocytes. Inflamm Res. 1999;48:539-43 pubmed..Our results demonstrate for the first time that IL-10 receptors may have a role in the pathogenesis of atopic eczema and its upregulation by FK506 and UVA could explain the therapeutic efficacy of these agents. ..
- Behrens J. Cross-regulation of the Wnt signalling pathway: a role of MAP kinases. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 6):911-9 pubmed..Since TAK1 is activated by TGF-(beta) and various cytokines, it might provide an entry point for regulation of the Wnt system by other pathways. In addition, alterations in TAK1-NLK might play a role in cancer. ..
- Kojda G, Cheng Y, Burchfield J, Harrison D. Dysfunctional regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) expression in response to exercise in mice lacking one eNOS gene. Circulation. 2001;103:2839-44 pubmed..These individuals may have a normal vascular reactivity under basal conditions but may be unable to adapt their vascular reactivity in response to exercise training. ..
- Schaffer S, Isci N, Zickner B, Dürre P. Changes in protein synthesis and identification of proteins specifically induced during solventogenesis in Clostridium acetobutylicum. Electrophoresis. 2002;23:110-21 pubmed..The proteins acetoacetate decarboxylase and Hsp 18 occurred in two variants, indicating possible covalent modification of these proteins...
- Frings W, Dreier J, Sorg C. Only the soluble form of the scavenger receptor CD163 acts inhibitory on phorbol ester-activated T-lymphocytes, whereas membrane-bound protein has no effect. FEBS Lett. 2002;526:93-6 pubmed..We conclude that CD163 has at least two distinct functions: the clearance of hemoglobin in its cell-bound form and participation in anti-inflammation as a soluble factor, exhibiting cytokine-like functions. ..
- Drumm K, Bauer B, Freudinger R, Gekle M. Albumin induces NF-kappaB expression in human proximal tubule-derived cells (IHKE-1). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2002;12:187-96 pubmed
- Hanley P, Musset B, Renigunta V, Limberg S, Dalpke A, Sus R, et al. Extracellular ATP induces oscillations of intracellular Ca2+ and membrane potential and promotes transcription of IL-6 in macrophages. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:9479-84 pubmed..Our results suggest that ATP released from inflamed, damaged, or metabolically impaired cells represents a "danger signal" that plays a major role in activating the innate immune system. ..
- Meier Noorden M, Flindt S, Kalinke U, Hinz T. A CpG-rich bidirectional promoter induces the T-cell death-associated gene 51 and downregulates an inversely oriented transcript during early T-cell activation. Gene. 2004;338:197-207 pubmed..Thus, the TDAG51 locus shows an operon-like organization of two head-to-head oriented transcripts that are inversely regulated in T lymphocytes by a CpG-rich bidirectional promoter. ..
- Brackmann M, Zhao C, Kuhl D, Manahan Vaughan D, Braunewell K. MGluRs regulate the expression of neuronal calcium sensor proteins NCS-1 and VILIP-1 and the immediate early gene arg3.1/arc in the hippocampus in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:1073-9 pubmed..Therefore, mGluRs at concentrations which induce synaptic plasticity regulate the expression of IEGs and NCS proteins in different time frames and thus contribute to late phases of synaptic plasticity. ..
- Efanov A, Sewing S, Bokvist K, Gromada J. Liver X receptor activation stimulates insulin secretion via modulation of glucose and lipid metabolism in pancreatic beta-cells. Diabetes. 2004;53 Suppl 3:S75-8 pubmed..The results suggest that LXRs can control insulin secretion and biosynthesis via regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism in pancreatic beta-cells. ..
- Pathe Neuschäfer Rube A, Neuschäfer Rube F, Püschel G. Role of the ERC motif in the proximal part of the second intracellular loop and the C-terminal domain of the human prostaglandin F2alpha receptor (hFP-R) in G-protein coupling control. Biochem J. 2005;388:317-24 pubmed..Thus C-terminal truncation appeared to result in a receptor with partial constitutive activation, whereas substitution of Glu132 by threonine apparently resulted in a receptor with full constitutive activity. ..
- Schaffer M, Bongartz M, Hoffmann W, Viebahn R. Regulation of nitric oxide synthesis in wounds by IFN-gamma depends on TNF-alpha. J Invest Surg. 2006;19:371-9 pubmed..Thus we conclude that IFN-gamma-deficiency impairs wound healing and diminishes NO synthesis in wound-derived macrophages. The stimulatory effect of IFN-gamma on macrophage NO production depends on endogenous TNF-alpha synthesis. ..
- Heidbreder M, Qadri F, Jöhren O, Dendorfer A, Depping R, Fröhlich F, et al. Non-hypoxic induction of HIF-3alpha by 2-deoxy-D-glucose and insulin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:437-43 pubmed..Transcriptional up-regulation of HIF-3alpha represents a typical response to in vivo hypoglycaemia and glucoprivation. These data suggest an involvement of the HIF system in metabolic derangements as for instance caused by diabetes. ..
- Mrabet Dahbi S, Dalpke A, Niebuhr M, Frey M, Draing C, Brand S, et al. The Toll-like receptor 2 R753Q mutation modifies cytokine production and Toll-like receptor expression in atopic dermatitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;121:1013-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the outcome of innate and adaptive immune responses in AD is modulated by the TLR-2 R753Q SNP. ..
- Zippel J, Deters A, Pappai D, Hensel A. A high molecular arabinogalactan from Ribes nigrum L.: influence on cell physiology of human skin fibroblasts and keratinocytes and internalization into cells via endosomal transport. Carbohydr Res. 2009;344:1001-8 pubmed publisher..The FITC-labeled polysaccharide was incorporated in a time-dependent manner into human fibroblasts (laser scanning microscopy) via endosomal transport. This internalization of the polysaccharide was inhibited by Cytochalasin B. ..
- Distel M, Wullimann M, Köster R. Optimized Gal4 genetics for permanent gene expression mapping in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13365-70 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate prolonged and maintained expression by Kalooping, a technique that can be used for permanent spatiotemporal genetic fate mapping and targeted transgene expression in zebrafish. ..
- Schlereth K, Charles J, Bretz A, Stiewe T. Life or death: p53-induced apoptosis requires DNA binding cooperativity. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4068-76 pubmed..Modulating p53 interactions within the tetramer could therefore present a novel promising strategy to fine-tune p53-based cell fate decisions. ..
- Strecker J, Minnerup J, Schütte Nütgen K, Gess B, Schäbitz W, Schilling M. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1-deficiency results in altered blood-brain barrier breakdown after experimental stroke. Stroke. 2013;44:2536-44 pubmed publisher..The results of the study provide further insights into the molecular mechanisms of BBB-opening and may help to better understand the mechanisms of infarct development after cerebral ischemia. ..
- Ogier M, Bricca G, Bader M, Bezin L. Locus Coeruleus Dysfunction in Transgenic Rats with Low Brain Angiotensinogen. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2016;22:230-7 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that disruption of astroglial AOGEN synthesis leads to cardiovascular, cognitive, behavioral, and sleep disorders that might be partly due to LC dysfunction. ..
- Kretz O, Fester L, Wehrenberg U, Zhou L, Brauckmann S, Zhao S, et al. Hippocampal synapses depend on hippocampal estrogen synthesis. J Neurosci. 2004;24:5913-21 pubmed..However, synaptophysin expression was upregulated under these conditions. Our results point to an essential role of endogenous hippocampal estrogen synthesis in the maintenance of hippocampal spine synapses. ..
- Ko Y, Kobbe B, Paulsson M, Wagener R. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) matrilins: shared and divergent characteristics with their mammalian counterparts. Biochem J. 2005;386:367-79 pubmed..By immunostaining of whole mounts and sections, we found that matrilin-1 and -3a show predominantly skeletal staining, whereas matrilin-4 is more widespread, with the protein also being present in loose connective tissues and epithelia. ..
- Mulay S, Thomasova D, Ryu M, Anders H. MDM2 (murine double minute-2) links inflammation and tubular cell healing during acute kidney injury in mice. Kidney Int. 2012;81:1199-211 pubmed publisher..Thus, MDM2 links inflammation and epithelial healing during AKI. These additional biological functions need to be regarded when considering MDM2 inhibition therapy. ..
- Claussnitzer M, Dankel S, Klocke B, Grallert H, Glunk V, Berulava T, et al. Leveraging cross-species transcription factor binding site patterns: from diabetes risk loci to disease mechanisms. Cell. 2014;156:343-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, cross-species conservation analysis at the level of co-occurring TFBS provides a valuable contribution to the translation of genetic association signals to disease-related molecular mechanisms. ..
- Bober E, Lyons G, Braun T, Cossu G, Buckingham M, Arnold H. The muscle regulatory gene, Myf-6, has a biphasic pattern of expression during early mouse development. J Cell Biol. 1991;113:1255-65 pubmed..The reappearance of Myf-6 mRNA in fetal skeletal muscle coincides approximately with secondary muscle fiber formation and the onset of innervation. ..
- Klose A, Ahmadian M, Schuelke M, Scheffzek K, Hoffmeyer S, Gewies A, et al. Selective disactivation of neurofibromin GAP activity in neurofibromatosis type 1. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1261-8 pubmed..Thus, therapeutic approaches aimed at the reduction of Ras.GTP levels in neural crest-derived cells can be expected to relieve most of the NF1 symptoms. ..
- Lubrich B, Spleiss O, Gebicke Haerter P, van Calker D. Differential expression, activity and regulation of the sodium/myo-inositol cotransporter in astrocyte cultures from different regions of the rat brain. Neuropharmacology. 2000;39:680-90 pubmed..These regional differences suggest particular consideration of localized effects in investigations of the role of myo-inositol in the mechanism of action of antibipolar drugs. ..
- Rothbarth K, Hunziker A, Stammer H, Werner D. Promoter of the gene encoding the 16 kDa DNA-binding and apoptosis-inducing C1D protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1518:271-5 pubmed..This result supports previous evidence suggesting that LINE-1 sequences may function as regulatory elements to control the expression of nearby genes. ..
- Clausen I, Kietz S, Fischer B. Lineage-specific effects of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) on gene expression in the rabbit blastocyst. Reprod Toxicol. 2005;20:47-56 pubmed..Our results show that transcriptional responses to PCBs differ between the cell lineages of the rabbit blastocyst, indicating that PCBs can influence the highly sensitive process of early mammalian development. ..
- Christiansen H, Sheikh N, Saile B, Reuter F, Rave Frank M, Hermann R, et al. x-Irradiation in rat liver: consequent upregulation of hepcidin and downregulation of hemojuvelin and ferroportin-1 gene expression. Radiology. 2007;242:189-97 pubmed..001). Hemojuvelin expression behaved in a way opposite to that of hepcidin. x-Irradiation of the liver induced changes of hepcidin gene expression that are probably induced by acute phase mediators produced within the liver itself. ..
- Ring S, Weyer S, Kilian S, Waldron E, Pietrzik C, Filippov M, et al. The secreted beta-amyloid precursor protein ectodomain APPs alpha is sufficient to rescue the anatomical, behavioral, and electrophysiological abnormalities of APP-deficient mice. J Neurosci. 2007;27:7817-26 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that the APP C terminus is dispensable and that APPs alpha is sufficient to mediate the physiological functions of APP assessed by these tests. ..
- Schippert R, Schaeffel F, Feldkaemper M. Microarray analysis of retinal gene expression in Egr-1 knockout mice. Mol Vis. 2009;15:2720-39 pubmed..According to the pathway-analysis software, they represent links between several proteins whose mRNA expression was changed in our study. ..
- Farhat K, Riekenberg S, Jung G, Wiesmüller K, Jungi T, Ulmer A. Identification of full length bovine TLR1 and functional characterization of lipopeptide recognition by bovine TLR2/1 heterodimer. Vet Res. 2010;41:34 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that the additional N-terminal nucleotides belong to the full length and functionally active boTLR1 (boTLR1-fl) which participates in a species-specific recognition of bacterial lipopeptides. ..
- Sass J, Fischer K, Wang R, Christensen E, Scholl Burgi S, Chang R, et al. D-glyceric aciduria is caused by genetic deficiency of D-glycerate kinase (GLYCTK). Hum Mutat. 2010;31:1280-5 pubmed publisher..Our work has revealed mutations in the GLYCTK gene as the cause of D-glycerate kinase deficiency and D-glyceric aciduria and provides a noninvasive approach for further diagnostic workup and research. ..
- Korfei M, Schmitt S, Ruppert C, Henneke I, Markart P, Loeh B, et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of lung tissue from patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and lung transplant donor lungs. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:2185-205 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicate that IPF is characterized by epithelial cell injury, apoptosis, and aberrant epithelial proliferation. ..
- Franke S, Ruster C, Pester J, Hofmann G, Oelzner P, Wolf G. Advanced glycation end products affect growth and function of osteoblasts. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2011;29:650-60 pubmed
- Kliem C, Merling A, Giaisi M, Kohler R, Krammer P, Li Weber M. Curcumin suppresses T cell activation by blocking Ca2+ mobilization and nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) activation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10200-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, because Ca(2+) is also the secondary messenger crucial for the TCR-induced NF-?B signaling pathway, our finding also provides another mechanism by which curcumin suppresses NF-?B activation. ..