Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in France
Topic: gene expression regulation
Publications428 found, 100 shown here
- Fritah A, Saucier C, Mester J, Redeuilh G, Sabbah M. p21WAF1/CIP1 selectively controls the transcriptional activity of estrogen receptor alpha. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2419-30 pubmed..These results indicate that p21WAF1/CIP1, in addition to its Cdk-regulatory role, behaves as a transcriptional coactivator in a gene-specific manner implicated in cell differentiation. ..
- Argence M, Saez I, Sassu R, Vassias I, Vidal P, de Waele C. Modulation of inhibitory and excitatory synaptic transmission in rat inferior colliculus after unilateral cochleectomy: an in situ and immunofluorescence study. Neuroscience. 2006;141:1193-207 pubmed
- Yartseva A, Klaudel H, Devillers R, Kepes F. Incremental and unifying modelling formalism for biological interaction networks. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:433 pubmed..It yields, on the one hand, a knowledge expression in a form which is intuitive for biologists and, on the other hand, its representation in a formal and structured way. ..
- Bernard L, Bonnet M, Leroux C, Shingfield K, Chilliard Y. Effect of sunflower-seed oil and linseed oil on tissue lipid metabolism, gene expression, and milk fatty acid secretion in Alpine goats fed maize silage-based diets. J Dairy Sci. 2009;92:6083-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, data provided indications that the regulation of mammary lipogenic responses to plant oils on starch-rich diets differs between the caprine and bovine. ..
- Mellitzer G, Beucher A, Lobstein V, Michel P, Robine S, Kedinger M, et al. Loss of enteroendocrine cells in mice alters lipid absorption and glucose homeostasis and impairs postnatal survival. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1708-21 pubmed publisher..Our data help unravel the role of enteroendocrine cells and hormones in lipid absorption and maintenance of the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Simon J, Milenkovic D, Godet E, Cabau C, Collin A, Métayer Coustard S, et al. Insulin immuno-neutralization in fed chickens: effects on liver and muscle transcriptome. Physiol Genomics. 2012;44:283-92 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pleiotropic effects of insulin in chickens are further evidenced; major pathways controlled by insulin in mammals have been conserved despite the presence of unique features of insulin signaling in chicken muscle. ..
- Duca F, Swartz T, Sakar Y, Covasa M. Increased oral detection, but decreased intestinal signaling for fats in mice lacking gut microbiota. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39748 pubmed publisher..Increased preference and caloric intake from fats in GF mice are associated with increased oral receptors for fats coupled with broad and marked decreases in expression of intestinal satiety peptides and fatty-acid receptors. ..
- Tassan J, Le Guellec K, Kress M, Faure M, Camonis J, Jacquet M, et al. In Xenopus laevis, the product of a developmentally regulated mRNA is structurally and functionally homologous to a Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein involved in translation fidelity. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:2815-21 pubmed..Our discovery of a structural and functional homolog in Xenopus cells implies that the function of SUP45 is not restricted to lower eukaryotes and that the SUP45 protein may perform a crucial cellular function in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Sassone Corsi P, Mizzen C, Cheung P, Crosio C, Monaco L, Jacquot S, et al. Requirement of Rsk-2 for epidermal growth factor-activated phosphorylation of histone H3. Science. 1999;285:886-91 pubmed..H3 appears to be a direct or indirect target of Rsk-2, suggesting that chromatin remodeling might contribute to mitogen-activated protein kinase-regulated gene expression. ..
- Schreiber V, Ame J, Dolle P, Schultz I, Rinaldi B, Fraulob V, et al. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-2 (PARP-2) is required for efficient base excision DNA repair in association with PARP-1 and XRCC1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23028-36 pubmed
- Escande F, Porchet N, Aubert J, Buisine M. The mouse Muc5b mucin gene: cDNA and genomic structures, chromosomal localization and expression. Biochem J. 2002;363:589-98 pubmed..mMuc5b is expressed mainly in laryngeal mucous glands, and at a lesser extend in stomach and duodenum. ..
- Bottex Gauthier C, Pollet S, Favier A, Vidal D. [The Rel/NF-kappa-B transcription factors: complex role in cell regulation]. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2002;50:204-11 pubmed..NF-kappa B is now regarded as a good therapeutic target and the development of specific inhibitors should lead in the next future to novel therapeutics. ..
- Jirmanova L, Afanassieff M, Gobert Gosse S, Markossian S, Savatier P. Differential contributions of ERK and PI3-kinase to the regulation of cyclin D1 expression and to the control of the G1/S transition in mouse embryonic stem cells. Oncogene. 2002;21:5515-28 pubmed..Our studies suggest that PI3-kinase is an important regulator of the ES cell cycle and that its activity is not regulated by mitogen stimulation. ..
- Labialle S, Gayet L, Marthinet E, Rigal D, Baggetto L. Transcriptional regulation of the human MDR1 gene at the level of the inverted MED-1 promoter region. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;973:468-71 pubmed..We showed that its binding capacity is related to the chemoresistance level of the studied cell lines and may reflect the increased transcriptional activity of the MDR1 gene in multidrug-resistant cells. ..
- Migaud M, Daveau A, Malpaux B. MTNR1A melatonin receptors in the ovine premammillary hypothalamus: day-night variation in the expression of the transcripts. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:393-8 pubmed..Overall, these results show that MTNR1A transcripts are expressed in the ovine PMH and that their expression follows a diurnal rhythm, which is different from the pattern of expression observed in the PT. ..
- Cherradi N, Lejczak C, Desroches Castan A, Feige J. Antagonistic functions of tetradecanoyl phorbol acetate-inducible-sequence 11b and HuR in the hormonal regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor messenger ribonucleic acid stability by adrenocorticotropin. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:916-30 pubmed..HuR appears to transiently stabilize VEGF transcripts after ACTH stimulation of adrenocortical cells, and Tis11b appears to subsequently trigger their degradation. ..
- Tighilet B, Trottier S, Mourre C, Lacour M. Changes in the histaminergic system during vestibular compensation in the cat. J Physiol. 2006;573:723-39 pubmed..Indeed, spontaneous nystagmus, posture and locomotor balance were rapidly recovered in the UVN cats treated with thioperamide. These results demonstrate that changes in histamine levels are related to vestibular compensation...
- Bornes S, Prado Lourenco L, Bastide A, Zanibellato C, Iacovoni J, Lacazette E, et al. Translational induction of VEGF internal ribosome entry site elements during the early response to ischemic stress. Circ Res. 2007;100:305-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate the in vivo efficacy of the VEGF IRESs in response to a local environmental stress such as hypoxia. ..
- Fadloun A, Kobi D, Delacroix L, Dembele D, Michel I, Lardenois A, et al. Retinoic acid induces TGFbeta-dependent autocrine fibroblast growth. Oncogene. 2008;27:477-89 pubmed..These results highlight the role of TAF4 as a cofactor in the cellular response to T-RA and identify the genetic programme of a novel cross talk between the T-RA and TGFbeta pathways that leads to deregulated cell growth. ..
- Callewaere C, Fernette B, Raison D, Mechighel P, Burlet A, Calas A, et al. Cellular and subcellular evidence for neuronal interaction between the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCL 12 and vasopressin: regulation in the hypothalamo-neurohypophysial system of the Brattleboro rats. Endocrinology. 2008;149:310-9 pubmed..These original data further suggest that SDF-1 may play an essential role in the regulation of water balance. ..
- Bogorad R, Courtillot C, Mestayer C, Bernichtein S, Harutyunyan L, Jomain J, et al. Identification of a gain-of-function mutation of the prolactin receptor in women with benign breast tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14533-8 pubmed publisher..Hallmarks of constitutive activity were all reversed by a specific PrlR antagonist, which opens potential therapeutic approaches for MFA, or any other disease that could be associated with this mutation in future. ..
- Munoz I, Berges M, Bonsergent C, Cormier Aline F, Quéré P, Sibille P. Cloning, expression and functional characterization of chicken CCR6 and its ligand CCL20. Mol Immunol. 2009;47:551-9 pubmed publisher..And secondly, both human and chicken chemokines were able to drive the migration of either chicken or human CCR6-transfected cells. ..
- Le Tonquèze O, Gschloessl B, Namanda Vanderbeken A, Legagneux V, Paillard L, Audic Y. Chromosome wide analysis of CUGBP1 binding sites identifies the tetraspanin CD9 mRNA as a target for CUGBP1-mediated down-regulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:884-9 pubmed publisher..In a number of cancers, the tetraspanin CD9 is down-regulated, an event correlated with a bad prognostic. Using a combination of biochemical approaches and CUGBP1 knockdown, we showed that CUGBP1 directly controls CD9 expression. ..
- Krebs A, Demmers J, Karmodiya K, Chang N, Chang A, Tora L. ATAC and Mediator coactivators form a stable complex and regulate a set of non-coding RNA genes. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:541-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish that transcription coactivator complexes can form stable subcomplexes to facilitate their combined actions on specific target genes. ..
- Bauge C, Cauvard O, Leclercq S, Galera P, Boumediene K. Modulation of transforming growth factor beta signalling pathway genes by transforming growth factor beta in human osteoarthritic chondrocytes: involvement of Sp1 in both early and late response cells to transforming growth factor beta. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R23 pubmed publisher..These data help to better understand the negative feedback loop in the TGF? signalling system, and enlighten an interesting role of Sp1 to regulate TGF? response. ..
- Germain C, Meier A, Jensen T, Knapnougel P, Poupon G, Lazzari A, et al. Induction of lectin-like transcript 1 (LLT1) protein cell surface expression by pathogens and interferon-? contributes to modulate immune responses. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37964-75 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results point toward a role for LLT1/CD161 in modulating immune responses to pathogens. ..
- Sambroni E, Rolland A, Lareyre J, Le Gac F. FSH and LH have common and distinct effects on gene expression in rainbow trout testis. J Mol Endocrinol. 2013;50:1-18 pubmed publisher..Some of these genes belong to major regulatory pathways including the Igf pathway (igf1b/igf3 and igfbp6), the Tgfb pathway (amh, inha, inhba, and fstl3), the Wnt pathway (wisp1), and pleiotrophin (mdka). ..
- Kemp C, Mueller S, Goto A, Barbier V, Paro S, Bonnay F, et al. Broad RNA interference-mediated antiviral immunity and virus-specific inducible responses in Drosophila. J Immunol. 2013;190:650-8 pubmed publisher..By contrast, the antiviral contribution of the JAK-STAT pathway appears to be virus specific. ..
- Lalli E, Barhanin J, Zennaro M, Warth R. Local Control of Aldosterone Production and Primary Aldosteronism. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2016;27:123-131 pubmed publisher..However, recent data show that the processes of nodule formation and aldosterone hypersecretion can be dissociated in pathological adrenals and suggest a model envisaging different molecular events for the pathogenesis of APA. ..
- Tourmente S, Savre Train I, Berthier F, Renaud M. Expression of six mitochondrial genes during Drosophila oogenesis: analysis by in situ hybridization. Cell Differ Dev. 1990;31:137-49 pubmed..Northern analysis of poly(A)+RNA from ovaries or cultured cells revealed an 1.7 kb extra-mitochondrial RNA, which is probably of nuclear origin. ..
- Zagorec M, Buhler J, Treich I, Keng T, Guarente L, Labbe Bois R. Isolation, sequence, and regulation by oxygen of the yeast HEM13 gene coding for coproporphyrinogen oxidase. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:9718-24 pubmed..The loss of induction of coproporphyrinogen oxidase activity by anaerobiosis caused a considerable decrease of heme formation in anaerobic cells. ..
- Foretz M, Pacot C, Dugail I, Lemarchand P, Guichard C, Le Liepvre X, et al. ADD1/SREBP-1c is required in the activation of hepatic lipogenic gene expression by glucose. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3760-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ADD1/SREBP-1c plays a crucial role in mediating the expression of lipogenic genes induced by glucose and insulin. ..
- Duriez C, Falette N, Audoynaud C, Moyret Lalle C, Bensaad K, Courtois S, et al. The human BTG2/TIS21/PC3 gene: genomic structure, transcriptional regulation and evaluation as a candidate tumor suppressor gene. Gene. 2002;282:207-14 pubmed..However, no mutations of BTG2/TIS21/PC3 were detected in breast cancer cells, suggesting that the inactivation of this gene is not a frequent genetic event during breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Blanquart C, Barbier O, Fruchart J, Staels B, Glineur C. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha ) turnover by the ubiquitin-proteasome system controls the ligand-induced expression level of its target genes. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37254-9 pubmed..Regulation of its degradation provides a novel regulatory mechanism of transcriptional activity of this nuclear receptor. ..
- Brendel C, Schoonjans K, Botrugno O, Treuter E, Auwerx J. The small heterodimer partner interacts with the liver X receptor alpha and represses its transcriptional activity. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:2065-76 pubmed..These results demonstrate that SHP is able to interact with LXR and to modulate its transcriptional activity. ..
- Heddi A, Vallier A, Anselme C, Xin H, Rahbe Y, Wäckers F. Molecular and cellular profiles of insect bacteriocytes: mutualism and harm at the initial evolutionary step of symbiogenesis. Cell Microbiol. 2005;7:293-305 pubmed
- Ratajczak P, Oliviero P, Marotte F, Kolar F, Ostadal B, Samuel J. Expression and localization of caveolins during postnatal development in rat heart: implication of thyroid hormone. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2005;99:244-51 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that, during postnatal cardiac growth, 1) caveolins are distinctly regulated, and 2) thyroid hormones are involved in caveolin-1alpha expression. ..
- Galmiche G, Richard N, Corvaisier S, Kottler M. The expression of aromatase in gonadotropes is regulated by estradiol and gonadotropin-releasing hormone in a manner that differs from the regulation of luteinizing hormone. Endocrinology. 2006;147:4234-44 pubmed..Both common and specific intracellular factors were responsible for dissociated variations of LH beta and cyp19 expression. ..
- Plagnes Juan E, Lansard M, Seiliez I, Médale F, Corraze G, Kaushik S, et al. Insulin regulates the expression of several metabolism-related genes in the liver and primary hepatocytes of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). J Exp Biol. 2008;211:2510-8 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that insulin possesses the intrinsic ability to regulate hepatic gene expression in rainbow trout, suggesting that other hormonal or metabolic factors may counteract some of the post-prandial actions of insulin. ..
- Cairrao F, Halees A, Khabar K, Morello D, Vanzo N. AU-rich elements regulate Drosophila gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2636-43 pubmed publisher..melanogaster. Our work reveals that AREs are conserved and functional cis regulators of mRNA decay in Drosophila and highlights this organism as a novel model system to unravel in vivo the contribution of AMD to various processes. ..
- Morel J, Dabertrand F, Fritz N, Henaff M, Mironneau J, Macrez N. The decrease of expression of ryanodine receptor sub-type 2 is reversed by gentamycin sulphate in vascular myocytes from mdx mice. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3122-30 pubmed publisher..Gentamycin treatment could be a good therapeutic tool to restore the vascular function. ..
- Vieira M, Gomes T, Ferreira A, Knobl T, Servin A, Liévin Le Moal V. Two atypical enteropathogenic Escherichia coli strains induce the production of secreted and membrane-bound mucins to benefit their own growth at the apical surface of human mucin-secreting intestinal HT29-MTX cells. Infect Immun. 2010;78:927-38 pubmed publisher..The data described herein report a putative new virulence phenomenon in aEPEC. ..
- Guillaumond F, Grechez Cassiau A, Subramaniam M, Brangolo S, Peteri Brünback B, Staels B, et al. Kruppel-like factor KLF10 is a link between the circadian clock and metabolism in liver. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3059-70 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data establish KLF10 as a required circadian transcriptional regulator that links the molecular clock to energy metabolism in the liver. ..
- Rico C, Medigue C, Fabre S, Jarrier P, Bontoux M, Clement F, et al. Regulation of anti-Müllerian hormone production in the cow: a multiscale study at endocrine, ovarian, follicular, and granulosa cell levels. Biol Reprod. 2011;84:560-71 pubmed publisher..Based on this multiscale study, we propose a model that integrates the different regulatory levels of AMH production. ..
- Reboul E, Soayfane Z, Goncalves A, Cantiello M, Bott R, Nauze M, et al. Respective contributions of intestinal Niemann-Pick C1-like 1 and scavenger receptor class B type I to cholesterol and tocopherol uptake: in vivo v. in vitro studies. Br J Nutr. 2012;107:1296-304 pubmed publisher..Thus, cholesterol and tocopherol uptakes share common pathways in cell culture models, but display different in vivo absorption patterns associated with distinct contributions of SR-BI and NPC1L1. ..
- Mendoza Parra M, Walia M, Sankar M, Gronemeyer H. Dissecting the retinoid-induced differentiation of F9 embryonal stem cells by integrative genomics. Mol Syst Biol. 2011;7:538 pubmed publisher..Our analysis provides a dynamic view of RA signalling during cell differentiation, reveals RAR heterodimer dynamics and promiscuity, and predicts decisions that diversify the RA signal into distinct gene-regulatory programs. ..
- Ripoche D, Gout J, Pommier R, Jaafar R, Zhang C, Bartholin L, et al. Generation of a conditional mouse model to target Acvr1b disruption in adult tissues. Genesis. 2013;51:120-7 pubmed publisher..We report, therefore, a novel conditional model allowing investigation of biological role played by Alk4 in a variety of tissue-specific contexts. ..
- Cadoret J, Debon R, Cornudella L, Lardans V, Morvan A, Roch P, et al. Transient expression assays with the proximal promoter of a newly characterized actin gene from the oyster Crassostrea gigas. FEBS Lett. 1999;460:81-5 pubmed..This is the first complete actin sequence reported so far for the oyster C. gigas and its promoter is the first available among bivalves. ..
- Schwamborn K, Weil R, Courtois G, Whiteside S, Israel A. Phorbol esters and cytokines regulate the expression of the NEMO-related protein, a molecule involved in a NF-kappa B-independent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:22780-9 pubmed..Analogous to NEMO, we find that NRP is associated in a complex with two kinases, suggesting that NRP could play a similar role in another signaling pathway. ..
- Falcon J, Gothilf Y, Coon S, Boeuf G, Klein D. Genetic, temporal and developmental differences between melatonin rhythm generating systems in the teleost fish pineal organ and retina. J Neuroendocrinol. 2003;15:378-82 pubmed..We review the fish pineal and retinal melatonin rhythm generating systems and consider the evolutional pressures and other factors which led to these differences. ..
- Grosdemouge I, Bachelot A, Lucas A, Baran N, Kelly P, Binart N. Effects of deletion of the prolactin receptor on ovarian gene expression. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2003;1:12 pubmed..These modifications lead to the decrease of LH receptor expression and consequently to a loss of the enzymatic cascades necessary to produce adequate levels of progesterone which are required for the maintenance of pregnancy. ..
- Boeuf P, Vigan Womas I, Jublot D, Loizon S, Barale J, Akanmori B, et al. CyProQuant-PCR: a real time RT-PCR technique for profiling human cytokines, based on external RNA standards, readily automatable for clinical use. BMC Immunol. 2005;6:5 pubmed..It represents a potent and attractive tool for immunomonitoring, lending itself readily to automation and with a high throughput. This opens the possibility of an easy and reliable cytokine profiling for clinical applications. ..
- Smyczynski C, Roudier F, Gissot L, Vaillant E, Grandjean O, Morin H, et al. The C terminus of the immunophilin PASTICCINO1 is required for plant development and for interaction with a NAC-like transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25475-84 pubmed..We suggest that PAS1 regulates the function of this NAC-like transcription factor by controlling its targeting to the nucleus upon plant cell division. ..
- Hinfray N, Palluel O, Turies C, Cousin C, Porcher J, Brion F. Brain and gonadal aromatase as potential targets of endocrine disrupting chemicals in a model species, the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2006;21:332-7 pubmed
- Guillou F, Roger E, Mone Y, Rognon A, Grunau C, Theron A, et al. Excretory-secretory proteome of larval Schistosoma mansoni and Echinostoma caproni, two parasites of Biomphalaria glabrata. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2007;155:45-56 pubmed..caproni sporocysts develope a strong immune protection during the first hours of infection giving them enough time to build up a long lasting immune evasion strategy relying on molecular mimicry or immunosuppression, respectively...
- Gimenez J, Montgiraud C, Oriol G, Pichon J, Ruel K, Tsatsaris V, et al. Comparative methylation of ERVWE1/syncytin-1 and other human endogenous retrovirus LTRs in placenta tissues. DNA Res. 2009;16:195-211 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HERV methylation might not be family related but copy-specific, and related to the LTR function and the tissue. In particular, ERVWE1 and ERV3 could be developmentally epigenetically regulated HERVs...
- von Dassow P, Ogata H, Probert I, Wincker P, Da Silva C, Audic S, et al. Transcriptome analysis of functional differentiation between haploid and diploid cells of Emiliania huxleyi, a globally significant photosynthetic calcifying cell. Genome Biol. 2009;10:R114 pubmed publisher..Greater transcriptome richness in diploid cells suggests they may be more versatile for exploiting a diversity of rich environments whereas haploid cells are intrinsically more streamlined. ..
- Theodosiou M, Laudet V, Schubert M. From carrot to clinic: an overview of the retinoic acid signaling pathway. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1423-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we discuss the origin and diversification of the retinoid pathway, which are important factors for understanding the evolution of ligand-specificity among retinoid receptors. ..
- Verrier E, Langevin C, Benmansour A, Boudinot P. Early antiviral response and virus-induced genes in fish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:1204-14 pubmed publisher..Most of the ISG-based pathways remain to be directly determined in fish. Fish ISGs are often duplicated and the functional specialization of multigenic families will be of particular interest for future studies. ..
- Hashimoto S, Boissel S, Zarhrate M, Rio M, Munnich A, Egly J, et al. MED23 mutation links intellectual disability to dysregulation of immediate early gene expression. Science. 2011;333:1161-3 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the crucial role of Mediator in brain development and functioning and suggest that altered IEG expression might be a common molecular hallmark of cognitive deficit. ..
- Banuls A, Bastien P, Pomares C, Arevalo J, Fisa R, Hide M. Clinical pleiomorphism in human leishmaniases, with special mention of asymptomatic infection. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011;17:1451-61 pubmed publisher..This group could be key to understanding infraspecific differences in virulence and pathogenicity of the parasite, as well as identifying the genetic determinants involved in the expression of the disease. ..
- Lawrence T, Natoli G. Transcriptional regulation of macrophage polarization: enabling diversity with identity. Nat Rev Immunol. 2011;11:750-61 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we summarize the current knowledge of transcriptional and chromatin-mediated control of macrophage polarization in physiology and disease. ..
- Nora E, Lajoie B, Schulz E, Giorgetti L, Okamoto I, Servant N, et al. Spatial partitioning of the regulatory landscape of the X-inactivation centre. Nature. 2012;485:381-5 pubmed publisher..In addition to uncovering a new principle of cis-regulatory architecture of mammalian chromosomes, our study sets the stage for the full genetic dissection of the X-inactivation centre...
- Reverchon M, Rame C, Bunel A, Chen W, Froment P, Dupont J. VISFATIN (NAMPT) Improves In Vitro IGF1-Induced Steroidogenesis and IGF1 Receptor Signaling Through SIRT1 in Bovine Granulosa Cells. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:54 pubmed publisher..5 Î¼M) were preincubated in bovine granulosa cells. Thus, in cultured bovine granulosa cells, VISFATIN improves basal and IGF1-induced steroidogenesis and IGF1 receptor signaling through SIRT1. ..
- Poirson J, Biquand E, Straub M, Cassonnet P, Nominé Y, Jones L, et al. Mapping the interactome of HPV E6 and E7 oncoproteins with the ubiquitin-proteasome system. FEBS J. 2017;284:3171-3201 pubmed publisher..This study establishes a strategy for the rapid identification of interactions between host or pathogen proteins and the human ubiquitination system. ..
- Mueller C, Rissoan M, Salinas B, Ait Yahia S, Ravel O, Bridon J, et al. Polymerase chain reaction selects a novel disintegrin proteinase from CD40-activated germinal center dendritic cells. J Exp Med. 1997;186:655-63 pubmed
- Lamouille S, Mallet C, Feige J, Bailly S. Activin receptor-like kinase 1 is implicated in the maturation phase of angiogenesis. Blood. 2002;100:4495-501 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that ALK-1 is implicated in the maturation phase of angiogenesis. Disruption of this latter phase of angiogenesis may be an important step in the development of hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. ..
- Assaf S, Lagarrigue S, Daval S, Sansom M, Leclercq B, Michel J, et al. Genetic linkage and expression analysis of SREBP and lipogenic genes in fat and lean chicken. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;137:433-41 pubmed..These results emphasised the interest to perform expression and genetic linkage studies jointly, to progress in identifying the genetic origin of variability of a quantitative trait. ..
- Taulan M, Paquet F, Maubert C, Delissen O, Demaille J, Romey M. Renal toxicogenomic response to chronic uranyl nitrate insult in mice. Environ Health Perspect. 2004;112:1628-35 pubmed..This report highlights the potential of SAGE for the discovery of novel toxicant-induced gene expression alterations. Here, we present, for the first time, a comprehensive view of renal molecular events after uranium long-term exposure...
- Prieur X, Huby T, Coste H, Schaap F, Chapman M, Rodriguez J. Thyroid hormone regulates the hypotriglyceridemic gene APOA5. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27533-43 pubmed..Additionally, these data suggest that TRbeta may be a potential pharmacological target for the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia. ..
- Dally S, Bredoux R, Corvazier E, Andersen J, Clausen J, Dode L, et al. Ca2+-ATPases in non-failing and failing heart: evidence for a novel cardiac sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase 2 isoform (SERCA2c). Biochem J. 2006;395:249-58 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate the expression of the novel SERCA2c isoform in the heart and may point to a still unrecognized role of PMCAs in cardiomyopathies. ..
- Ragazzon B, Lefrançois Martinez A, Val P, Sahut Barnola I, Tournaire C, Chambon C, et al. Adrenocorticotropin-dependent changes in SF-1/DAX-1 ratio influence steroidogenic genes expression in a novel model of glucocorticoid-producing adrenocortical cell lines derived from targeted tumorigenesis. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1805-18 pubmed
- Uzan B, Ea H, Launay J, Garel J, Champy R, Cressent M, et al. A critical role for adrenomedullin-calcitonin receptor-like receptor in regulating rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocyte apoptosis. J Immunol. 2006;176:5548-58 pubmed..Our data suggest that ADM may prevent or reduce RA-FLS apoptosis, via up-regulation of its functional receptor CRLR/RAMP-2. Regulation of ADM secretion and/or CRLR/RAMP-2 activation may constitute new treatment strategies for RA. ..
- Lin Y, Mettling C, Portales P, Rouzier R, Clot J, Reynes J, et al. The chemokine CCL5 regulates the in vivo cell surface expression of its receptor, CCR5. AIDS. 2008;22:430-2 pubmed publisher..Among the chemokines that bind to CCR5, and induce its internalization, CCL5 is the most abundant in vivo. We show that the level of CCL5 production is a main factor determining CD4+ T cell surface CCR5 density. ..
- Trzeciakiewicz A, Habauzit V, Mercier S, Lebecque P, Davicco M, Coxam V, et al. Hesperetin stimulates differentiation of primary rat osteoblasts involving the BMP signalling pathway. J Nutr Biochem. 2010;21:424-31 pubmed publisher..control) after 14 days of culture. Our findings suggest that Hp may regulate osteoblast differentiation through BMP signalling and may influence the mineralization process by modulating OPN expression. ..
- Boutet I, Jollivet D, Shillito B, Moraga D, Tanguy A. Molecular identification of differentially regulated genes in the hydrothermal-vent species Bathymodiolus thermophilus and Paralvinella pandorae in response to temperature. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:222 pubmed publisher..This work will serve as a starting point for studying the transcriptomic response of hydrothermal mussels and annelids in future experiments in response to thermal stress at various conditions of duration and temperature challenge. ..
- Thomas F, Cosse A, Goulitquer S, Raimund S, Morin P, Valero M, et al. Waterborne signaling primes the expression of elicitor-induced genes and buffers the oxidative responses in the brown alga Laminaria digitata. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21475 pubmed publisher..Thus, waterborne signals shape the elicitor-induced responses of kelps through a yet unknown mechanism reminiscent of priming in land plants...
- Alexopoulou L, Desnues B, Demaria O. [Toll-like receptor 8: the awkward TLR]. Med Sci (Paris). 2012;28:96-102 pubmed publisher..This review illustrates our current understanding regarding the function of TLR8 and its potential for future clinical use for the treatment and/or prevention of various pathological conditions. ..
- Schmitt P, de Lorgeril J, Gueguen Y, Destoumieux Garzón D, Bachere E. Expression, tissue localization and synergy of antimicrobial peptides and proteins in the immune response of the oyster Crassostrea gigas. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;37:363-70 pubmed publisher..We propose that such a synergy, which was evidenced both within and between families of antimicrobials, might compensate for the low concentration of antimicrobials in oyster tissues. ..
- Stenger C, Pinçon A, Hanse M, Royer L, Comte A, Koziel V, et al. Brain region-specific immunolocalization of the lipolysis-stimulated lipoprotein receptor (LSR) and altered cholesterol distribution in aged LSR+/- mice. J Neurochem. 2012;123:467-76 pubmed publisher..These data therefore suggest a potential role of LSR in brain cholesterol distribution, which is particularly important in preserving neuronal integrity and thereby cognitive functions during aging. ..
- Hubstenberger A, Courel M, Bénard M, Souquere S, Ernoult Lange M, Chouaib R, et al. P-Body Purification Reveals the Condensation of Repressed mRNA Regulons. Mol Cell. 2017;68:144-157.e5 pubmed publisher..Thus, we uncovered how P-bodies, by condensing and segregating repressed mRNAs, provide a physical substrate for the coordinated regulation of posttranscriptional mRNA regulons...
- Vincent S, Jeanteur P, Fort P. Growth-regulated expression of rhoG, a new member of the ras homolog gene family. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:3138-48 pubmed..rhoG mRNA expression is observed in a wide variety of human organs but reaches a particularly high level in lung and placental tissues. ..
- Gandrillon O, Jurdic P, Pain B, Desbois C, Madjar J, Moscovici M, et al. Expression of the v-erbA product, an altered nuclear hormone receptor, is sufficient to transform erythrocytic cells in vitro. Cell. 1989;58:115-21 pubmed..XJ12 can infect erythrocyte progenitor cells in vivo but is not sufficient to induce erythroleukemia. These data suggest that the activation of a nuclear hormone receptor might represent one step toward the development of neoplasms. ..
- Sage J, Yuan L, Martin L, Mattei M, Guenet J, Liu J, et al. The Sycp1 loci of the mouse genome: successive retropositions of a meiotic gene during the recent evolution of the genus. Genomics. 1997;44:118-26 pubmed..Transposition of retrotranscripts during meiosis and their hereditary establishment thus appear to occur relatively frequently. They may, therefore, play a significant role in the evolutionary process. ..
- Val P, Martinez A, Sahut Barnola I, Jean C, Veyssiere G, Lefrançois Martinez A. A 77-base pair LINE-like sequence elicits androgen-dependent mvdp/akr1-b7 expression in mouse vas deferens, but is dispensable for adrenal expression in rats. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3435-48 pubmed..We propose that this acquired androgen-responsive region may be responsible for vas deferens androgen-regulated gene expression in vivo...