Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: gene expression
Publications1249 found, 100 shown here
- Cao S, Dhahbi J, Mote P, Spindler S. Genomic profiling of short- and long-term caloric restriction effects in the liver of aging mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:10630-5 pubmed..Therefore, many of the genomic effects of CR are established rapidly. Thus, expression profiling should prove useful in quickly identifying CR- mimetic drugs and treatments. ..
- Hocknell P, Wiley R, Wang X, Evans T, Bowers W, Hanke T, et al. Expression of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp120 from herpes simplex virus type 1-derived amplicons results in potent, specific, and durable cellular and humoral immune responses. J Virol. 2002;76:5565-80 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly support the use of helper-free HSV-1 amplicon particles as vaccine delivery vectors. ..
- Hocevar B, Prunier C, Howe P. Disabled-2 (Dab2) mediates transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta)-stimulated fibronectin synthesis through TGFbeta-activated kinase 1 and activation of the JNK pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25920-7 pubmed..We, therefore, delineate a signaling pathway proceeding from the TGFbeta receptors to Dab2 and TAK1, leading to TGFbeta-stimulated JNK activation, FN expression, and cell migration. ..
- DasBanerjee T, Middleton F, Berger D, Lombardo J, Sagvolden T, Faraone S. A comparison of molecular alterations in environmental and genetic rat models of ADHD: a pilot study. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2008;147B:1554-63 pubmed publisher..The data provide strong evidence that genes and environment can affect different set of genes in two different models of ADHD and yet result in the similar disease-like symptoms. ..
- Andrew A, Mason R, Memoli V, Duell E. Arsenic activates EGFR pathway signaling in the lung. Toxicol Sci. 2009;109:350-7 pubmed publisher..Further work is needed to assess the clinical utility of targeting the EGFR pathway in subgroups of lung cancer patients who have been exposed to elevated levels of arsenic. ..
- Moon S, Kim H, Kim T, Choi K, Oh C, Ahn Y, et al. Blocking effect of a monoclonal antibody against recombinant Pvs25 on sporozoite development in Anopheles sinensis. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010;17:1183-7 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we suggest that recombinant Pvs25 could be a useful antigen in the development of a vaccine to prevent local malaria transmission in the Republic of Korea. ..
- Yao X, Nie H, Rojas I, Harriss J, Maika S, Gottlieb P, et al. The L2a element is a mouse CD8 silencer that interacts with MAR-binding proteins SATB1 and CDP. Mol Immunol. 2010;48:153-63 pubmed publisher..Crossing the L2a-containing transgene onto a SATB1 knockdown background enhanced variegated expression, suggesting that SATB1 is critical in overcoming L2a-silenced transcription. ..
- CARRIERE C, Mirocha S, Deharvengt S, Gunn J, Korc M. Aberrant expressions of AP-2? splice variants in pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 2011;40:695-700 pubmed publisher..Multiple isoforms of AP-2? are highly expressed in pancreatic cancer cell lines including a new isoform, AP-2? variant 6, which seems to be pancreatic cancer specific and is deprived of transcriptional activity. ..
- Laverty G, Anttila A, Carty J, Reddy V, Yum J, Arnason S. CFTR mediated chloride secretion in the avian renal proximal tubule. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2012;161:53-60 pubmed publisher..These data support the conclusion that avian renal proximal tubules utilize an apical CFTR Cl(-) channel to mediate cAMP-activated Cl(-) secretion...
- Sawant A, Chanda D, Isayeva T, Tsuladze G, Garvey W, Ponnazhagan S. Noggin is novel inducer of mesenchymal stem cell adipogenesis: implications for bone health and obesity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12241-9 pubmed publisher..These data clearly provide a novel role for noggin in inducing adipogenesis and possibly obesity and further indicates the potential of noggin as a therapeutic target to control obesity. ..
- Heuer J, Kaufman T. Homeotic genes have specific functional roles in the establishment of the Drosophila embryonic peripheral nervous system. Development. 1992;115:35-47 pubmed..Our results are suggestive of a role for the homeotic gene products in regulating genes which are necessary for generating sensory progenitor cells in the developing PNS. ..
- Darland D, Link B, Nishi R. Activin A and follistatin expression in developing targets of ciliary ganglion neurons suggests a role in regulating neurotransmitter phenotype. Neuron. 1995;15:857-66 pubmed..These results suggest that development of somatostatin is limited to choroid neurons by differential expression of activin A and follistatin in ciliary ganglion targets. ..
- Tsen G, Halfter W, Kroger S, Cole G. Agrin is a heparan sulfate proteoglycan. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:3392-9 pubmed
- Liu L, Sedgwick J, Bates M, Vrtis R, Gern J, Kita H, et al. Decreased expression of membrane IL-5 receptor alpha on human eosinophils: I. Loss of membrane IL-5 receptor alpha on airway eosinophils and increased soluble IL-5 receptor alpha in the airway after allergen challenge. J Immunol. 2002;169:6452-8 pubmed..These observations provide a potential explanation for the inability of anti-IL-5 therapy to suppress airway hyperresponsiveness to inhaled Ag, despite a reduction in eosinophil recruitment. ..
- Son D, Roby K, Terranova P. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces serum amyloid A3 in mouse granulosa cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2245-52 pubmed..Thus, TNF likely increased SAA3 promoter activity and protein by activating NF-kappaB signaling via TNFR1 in mouse granulosa cells. SAA3 is a novel gene in granulosa cells with yet unknown functions in the ovary. ..
- Bonner A, Wang Y, You M. Gene expression profiling of mouse teratocarcinomas uncovers epigenetic changes associated with the transformation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Neoplasia. 2004;6:490-502 pubmed..Our results indicate that many key development genes may play a key role in the transformation of ES cells into teratocarcinoma cells. ..
- Choi J, Lee S, Sunde D, Huizar I, Haugk K, Thannickal V, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor blockade improves outcome in mouse model of lung injury. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;179:212-9 pubmed publisher..Blockade of the IGF pathway increased fibroblast apoptosis and subsequent resolution of pulmonary fibrosis. Thus, IGF-IR may be a potential target for treatment of lung injury and fibrosis. ..
- Singh K, Garrett R, Casado F, Gasiewicz T. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-null allele mice have hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells with abnormal characteristics and functions. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:769-84 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that AhR has a physiological and functional role in hematopoiesis. The AhR appears to play a role in maintaining the normal quiescence of HSCs. ..
- Huang H, Yoo C, Bindbeutel R, Goldsworthy J, Tielking A, Alvarez S, et al. PCH1 integrates circadian and light-signaling pathways to control photoperiod-responsive growth in Arabidopsis. elife. 2016;5:e13292 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCH1 is a new factor that regulates photoperiod-responsive growth by integrating the clock with light perception pathways through modulating daily phyB-signaling. ..
- Jones D, Lee L, Liu J, Kung H, Tillotson J. Marek disease virus encodes a basic-leucine zipper gene resembling the fos/jun oncogenes that is highly expressed in lymphoblastoid tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:4042-6 pubmed..To our knowledge, a herpesvirus gene closely related to the fos/jun family of oncogenes has not been reported previously...
- Pauli D, Oliver B, Mahowald A. The role of the ovarian tumor locus in Drosophila melanogaster germ line sex determination. Development. 1993;119:123-34 pubmed..Altogether, our results imply that the otu locus acts, along with ovo, snf, and Sxl, in a pathway (or parallel pathways) required for proper sex determination of the female germ line. ..
- Ji Y, Walkowicz M, Buiting K, Johnson D, Tarvin R, Rinchik E, et al. The ancestral gene for transcribed, low-copy repeats in the Prader-Willi/Angelman region encodes a large protein implicated in protein trafficking, which is deficient in mice with neuromuscular and spermiogenic abnormalities. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:533-42 pubmed..Combined, these findings suggest that HERC2 is an important gene encoding a GEF involved in protein trafficking and degradation pathways in the cell. ..
- Fernández Cañón J, Hejna J, Reifsteck C, Olson S, Grompe M. Gene structure, chromosomal location, and expression pattern of maleylacetoacetate isomerase. Genomics. 1999;58:263-9 pubmed..Several amino acid changes were identified, but all were found to retain MAAI activity and thus represent protein polymorphisms. We conclude that MAAI deficiency is not a common cause of the pseudotyrosinemic phenotype. ..
- Said H, Chatterjee N, Haq R, Subramanian V, Ortiz A, Matherly L, et al. Adaptive regulation of intestinal folate uptake: effect of dietary folate deficiency. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;279:C1889-95 pubmed..Furthermore, the upregulation in folate uptake is associated with an increase in mRNA and protein levels of folate carrier, suggesting possible involvement of a transcriptional regulatory mechanism(s) in the upregulation...
- Rao C, Lei Z. Consequences of targeted inactivation of LH receptors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;187:57-67 pubmed
- de la Puente A, Hall J, Wu Y, Leone G, Peters J, Yoon B, et al. Structural characterization of Rasgrf1 and a novel linked imprinted locus. Gene. 2002;291:287-97 pubmed..The A19 transcript is non-coding and expressed in mouse testis and brain. A19 is imprinted with expression occurring from just the paternal allele in brain. ..
- Rao C, Zhou X, Lei Z. Functional luteinizing hormone/chorionic gonadotropin receptors in human adrenal cortical H295R cells. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:579-87 pubmed..This action is mediated by the cAMP/PKA signaling pathway. These findings support the concept that adrenal function in normal and pathological conditions could be influenced by LH and hCG. ..
- Jin C, Woodward J. Effects of 8 different NR1 splice variants on the ethanol inhibition of recombinant NMDA receptors. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2006;30:673-9 pubmed..These results suggest that regional, developmental, or compensatory changes in the expression of NR1 splice variants may significantly affect ethanol inhibition of NMDA receptors. ..
- Atwood B, Lopez J, Wager Miller J, Mackie K, Straiker A. Expression of G protein-coupled receptors and related proteins in HEK293, AtT20, BV2, and N18 cell lines as revealed by microarray analysis. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:14 pubmed publisher..This will assist in choosing the most appropriate cell line for studying GPCRs and related signaling proteins. It also provides a better understanding of the potential interactions between GPCRs and those signaling proteins. ..
- Noble M, Kuhr C, Graves S, Loeb K, Sun S, KEILMAN G, et al. Ultrasound-targeted microbubble destruction-mediated gene delivery into canine livers. Mol Ther. 2013;21:1687-94 pubmed publisher..7 MPa. Transaminase and histology analysis indicated minimal tissue damage. These experiments represent an important developmental step toward US-mediated gene delivery in large animals and clinics. ..
- Summers R, Ali A, Shen B, Wessel W, Hutchinson C. Malonyl-coenzyme A:acyl carrier protein acyltransferase of Streptomyces glaucescens: a possible link between fatty acid and polyketide biosynthesis. Biochemistry. 1995;34:9389-402 pubmed..This implies the existence of a functional connection between fatty acid and polyketide metabolism in this bacterium...
- Oster Granite M, McPhie D, Greenan J, Neve R. Age-dependent neuronal and synaptic degeneration in mice transgenic for the C terminus of the amyloid precursor protein. J Neurosci. 1996;16:6732-41 pubmed..The 45 control mice displayed only occasional necrotic cells and no extensive cell degeneration in the same brain regions. These findings show that APP-C100 is capable of causing some of the neuropathological features of AD. ..
- Mummaneni P, Yates P, Simpson J, Rose J, Turker M. The primary function of a redundant Sp1 binding site in the mouse aprt gene promoter is to block epigenetic gene inactivation. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:5163-9 pubmed..Therefore, the Sp1 binding sites comprising the mouse aprt promoter have evolved two distinct functions, one to promote transcription and the other to block epigenetic inactivation. ..
- Chen J, Heckert L. Dmrt1 expression is regulated by follicle-stimulating hormone and phorbol esters in postnatal Sertoli cells. Endocrinology. 2001;142:1167-78 pubmed..Studies also show that Dmrt1 expression was inhibited by phorbol esters (PMA) but only modestly effected by serum. ..
- Schwartz G, Kittelberger A, Watkins R, O Reilly M. Carbonic anhydrase XII mRNA encodes a hydratase that is differentially expressed along the rabbit nephron. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F399-410 pubmed..Western blotting of expressed CA XII with two anti-rabbit CA IV peptide antibodies showed no cross-reactivity. Our findings indicate that CA XII may contribute to the membrane CA activity of proximal tubules and collecting ducts. ..
- Shan J, Baguinon M, Zheng L, Krishnamoorthi R. Expression, refolding, and activation of the catalytic domain of human blood coagulation factor XII. Protein Expr Purif. 2003;27:143-9 pubmed
- Weiner I, Miller R, Verlander J. Localization of the ammonium transporters, Rh B glycoprotein and Rh C glycoprotein, in the mouse liver. Gastroenterology. 2003;124:1432-40 pubmed..Basolateral RhBG is expressed by perivenous hepatocytes, where it may mediate ammonium uptake, and RhCG immunoreactivity is present in bile duct epithelial cells, where it may contribute to ammonium secretion into bile fluid. ..
- Salaita L, Kar R, Majee M, Downie A. Identification and characterization of mutants capable of rapid seed germination at 10 degrees C from activation-tagged lines of Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:2059-69 pubmed..The screen successfully recovered mutants completing germination faster than wild type at 10 degrees C. ..
- Martin P. The dystroglycanopathies: the new disorders of O-linked glycosylation. Semin Pediatr Neurol. 2005;12:152-8 pubmed..Moreover, defects in dystroglycan alone can account for most, if not all, cellular pathology. Thus, these disorders are now collectively referred to as dystroglycanopathies. ..
- Collens J, Mason H, Curtis W. Agrobacterium-mediated viral vector-amplified transient gene expression in Nicotiana glutinosa plant tissue culture. Biotechnol Prog. 2007;23:570-6 pubmed..Reporter protein was generated 3 days after the initiation of bacterial co-culture, providing for rapid generation of heterologous protein in cell culture. ..
- Elshatory Y, Gan L. The LIM-homeobox gene Islet-1 is required for the development of restricted forebrain cholinergic neurons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3291-7 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate the requirement for Isl1 in the development of restricted telencephalic cholinergic neurons and link the development of cholinergic neurons in anatomically disparate sites to Isl1 function. ..
- Aucejo F, Kim R, Zein N, Quintini C, Uso T, Lopez R, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 expression in non-tumorous cirrhotic liver is higher when hepatoma is beyond Milan criteria. Liver Transpl. 2009;15:169-76 pubmed publisher..Further investigation is needed to assess the value of angiogenesis modulation in preventing tumor formation and/or progression in cirrhotic patients. ..
- Lu B, Malcuit C, Wang S, Girman S, Francis P, Lemieux L, et al. Long-term safety and function of RPE from human embryonic stem cells in preclinical models of macular degeneration. Stem Cells. 2009;27:2126-35 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that hESCs could serve as a potentially safe and inexhaustible source of RPE for the efficacious treatment of a range of retinal degenerative diseases. ..
- Galvin K, Travis E, Yee D, Magnuson T, Vivian J. Nodal signaling regulates the bone morphogenic protein pluripotency pathway in mouse embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19747-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that autocrine Nodal signaling in undifferentiated mouse ES cells modulates the vital pluripotency pathway of BMP signaling. ..
- Go R, Lee S, Shin D, Callister S, Jobe D, Conry R, et al. ECOG phase II trial of graded-dose peginterferon ?-2b in patients with metastatic melanoma overexpressing basic fibroblast growth factor (E2602). Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:6597-604 pubmed publisher..Graded-dose Peg-IFN suppresses FGF-2 in patients with metastatic melanoma who overexpress FGF-2. Over one third of patients had complete suppression of plasma FGF-2, which correlated with clinical response to this therapy. ..
- Pizzo F, Caloni F, Schreiber N, Cortinovis C, Spicer L. InÂ vitro effects of deoxynivalenol and zearalenone major metabolites alone and combined, on cell proliferation, steroid production and gene expression in bovine small-follicle granulosa cells. Toxicon. 2016;109:70-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion DON and ZEA metabolites may impair inÂ vitro cell proliferation, steroid production and gene expression in cattle. ..
- Bowerman B, Eaton B, Priess J. skn-1, a maternally expressed gene required to specify the fate of ventral blastomeres in the early C. elegans embryo. Cell. 1992;68:1061-75 pubmed..We propose that the maternally expressed skn-1 gene product acts to specify the fate of the EMS blastomere. ..
- Chang B, Mukherji S, Soderling T. Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II inhibitor protein: localization of isoforms in rat brain. Neuroscience. 2001;102:767-77 pubmed..These results suggest a localized function for CaM-KIIN in inhibiting specialized pools of CaM-kinase II. ..
- Sevetson B, Taylor S, Pan Y. Cbfa1/RUNX2 directs specific expression of the sclerosteosis gene (SOST). J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13849-58 pubmed
- Jin C, Smothers C, Woodward J. Enhanced ethanol inhibition of recombinant N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors by magnesium: role of NR3A subunits. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2008;32:1059-66 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that under physiological conditions, NR3A may be an important regulator of the acute ethanol sensitivity of brain NMDA receptors. ..
- Wuertz K, Godburn K, Iatridis J. MSC response to pH levels found in degenerating intervertebral discs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:824-9 pubmed publisher..As acidic pH levels are typical of increasingly degenerated discs, our findings demonstrate the importance of early interventions and predifferentiation when planning to use MSCs for reparative treatments. ..
- Hubert K, Davies M, Stempel A, Griffith T, Powers M. TRAIL-deficient mice exhibit delayed regression of retinal neovascularization. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:2697-708 pubmed publisher..This was attributed to a significant decrease in neovascular tuft cells undergoing apoptosis in TRAIL(-/-) mice. Together, these data strongly suggest that TRAIL plays a role in the control of retinal NV. ..
- Si J, Yu X, Zhang Y, DeWille J. Myc interacts with Max and Miz1 to repress C/EBPdelta promoter activity and gene expression. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:92 pubmed publisher..These results identify protein interactions that mediate Myc repression of C/EBPdelta, and possibly other tumor suppressor genes, and suggest new therapeutic targets to block Myc transcriptional repression and oncogenic function. ..
- Chan P, Gabay M, Wright F, Kan W, Oner S, Lanier S, et al. Purification of heterotrimeric G protein alpha subunits by GST-Ric-8 association: primary characterization of purified G alpha(olf). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2625-35 pubmed publisher..A primary characterization of G?(olf) showed that it binds GTP?S at a rate marginally slower than G?(s short) and directly activates adenylyl cyclase isoforms 3, 5, and 6 with less efficacy than G?(s short)...
- Pilhofer M, Ladinsky M, McDowall A, Petroni G, Jensen G. Microtubules in bacteria: Ancient tubulins build a five-protofilament homolog of the eukaryotic cytoskeleton. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001213 pubmed publisher..Since we show that bacterial microtubules can be produced in abundance in vitro without chaperones, they should be useful tools for tubulin research and drug screening. ..
- Pruitt S, Freeland A, Rusiniak M, Kunnev D, Cady G. Cdkn1b overexpression in adult mice alters the balance between genome and tissue ageing. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2626 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that many of the most recognizable features of mammalian ageing can result from an imbalance between cell production and the mass of tissue that must be maintained. ..
- Dyer C, Simmons J, Matteri R, Keisler D. Leptin receptor mRNA is expressed in ewe anterior pituitary and adipose tissues and is differentially expressed in hypothalamic regions of well-fed and feed-restricted ewes. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 1997;14:119-28 pubmed..feed-restricted animals. ..
- Khoo C, Blanchard R, Sullivan V, Cousins R. Human cysteine-rich intestinal protein: cDNA cloning and expression of recombinant protein and identification in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Protein Expr Purif. 1997;9:379-87 pubmed..The results are consistent with a functional role for CRIP in proliferation/differentiation of specific cell types, particularly those associated with host defense. ..
- Rice L, Carias L, Hutton Thomas R, Sifaoui F, Gutmann L, Rudin S. Penicillin-binding protein 5 and expression of ampicillin resistance in Enterococcus faecium. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:1480-6 pubmed..However, quantities of psr transcript were increased in D344-SRF(pCWR583) compared to D344-SRF(pCWR558), especially after growth in ampicillin; suggesting that PSR acts in some manner to activate its own transcription. ..
- Qing X, Keith I. Targeted blocking of gene expression for CGRP receptors elevates pulmonary artery pressure in hypoxic rats. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2003;285:L86-96 pubmed..This is the first in vivo evidence supporting RDC-1 and RAMP1 as functional CGRP receptor and receptor component. ..
- Givens R, Lin M, Taylor D, Mechold U, Berry J, Hernandez V. Inducible expression, enzymatic activity, and origin of higher plant homologues of bacterial RelA/SpoT stress proteins in Nicotiana tabacum. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7495-504 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings implicate a direct mode of action of these ppGpp synthetases with regard to plant physiology, namely regulation of chloroplast gene expression in response to plant defense signals...
- Weinstock Guttman B, Tamaño Blanco M, Bhasi K, Zivadinov R, Ramanathan M. Pharmacogenetics of MXA SNPs in interferon-beta treated multiple sclerosis patients. J Neuroimmunol. 2007;182:236-9 pubmed..No significant association was found between the MXA genotype at these two SNPs and clinical, MRI and MXA gene expression in MS patients treated with IFN-beta therapy. ..
- Ghaheri B, Kempton J, Pillers D, Trune D. Cochlear cytokine gene expression in murine acute otitis media. Laryngoscope. 2007;117:22-9 pubmed..This study provides a novel site of production of cytokines that may be responsible for the damage seen in sensorineural hearing loss. ..
- Guo L, Song Z, Li M, Wu Q, Wang D, Feng H, et al. Scavenger Receptor BI Protects against Septic Death through Its Role in Modulating Inflammatory Response. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19826-34 pubmed publisher..SR-BI exerts its protective function through its role in modulating inflammatory response in macrophages and facilitating LPS recruitment and clearance. ..
- Faust C, Schumacher A, Holdener B, Magnuson T. The eed mutation disrupts anterior mesoderm production in mice. Development. 1995;121:273-85 pubmed..The data presented are discussed in terms of mechanisms for establishment of the eed phenotype, and are consistent with the eed gene product playing an early role in primitive streak formation and/or organization. ..
- Aschenbrenner J, Sollinger H, Becker B, Hullett D. 1,25-(OH(2))D(3) alters the transforming growth factor beta signaling pathway in renal tissue. J Surg Res. 2001;100:171-5 pubmed..These effects, in combination with the immunomodulatory actions of vitamin D, may alter the evolution of chronic rejection in renal transplants. ..
- Wealthall R. In vitro regulation of proliferation and differentiation within a postnatal growth plate of the cranial base by parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP). J Cell Physiol. 2009;219:688-97 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first functional evidence that PTHrP regulates proliferation and differentiation within the postnatal, cranial growth plate. J. Cell. Physiol. 219: 688-697, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Provenzano P, Inman D, Eliceiri K, Keely P. Matrix density-induced mechanoregulation of breast cell phenotype, signaling and gene expression through a FAK-ERK linkage. Oncogene. 2009;28:4326-43 pubmed publisher..As such, we propose that increased matrix stiffness explains part of the mechanism behind increased epithelial proliferation and cancer risk in human patients with high breast tissue density. ..
- Han S, Eum S, Toborek M, Smart E, Hennig B. Polychlorinated biphenyl-induced VCAM-1 expression is attenuated in aortic endothelial cells isolated from caveolin-1 deficient mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;246:74-82 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a critical role of functional caveolae in the activation and dysfunction of endothelial cells by coplanar PCBs. ..
- Masso Welch P, Black J, Erikson J, Repasky E. Polarized expression of immunoglobulin, spectrin, and protein kinase C beta II occurs in B cells from normal BALB/c, autoimmune lpr, and anti-ssDNA transgenic, tolerant mice. J Leukoc Biol. 1999;66:617-24 pubmed..These data suggest that polarization of surface receptors, signaling molecules, anionic phospholipid domains, and cytoskeletal proteins may be an important part of the B cell immune response in vivo. ..
- Scott C, Logsdon N, Wilkins D, Norris T, Sobotka Briner C, Hubbs S, et al. Molecular cloning of the guinea-pig IL-5 receptor alpha and beta subunits and reconstitution of a high affinity receptor. Cytokine. 2000;12:858-66 pubmed..10 and 0.06 nM), similar to that seen with hIL-5Ralphabeta. Thus, both the heteromeric hIL-5R and gpIL-5Ralphabeta(1)can bind multiple IL-5 orthologs with high affinity whereas the murine IL-5R is selective for the murine ligand. ..
- Gan H, Wang Y, Jiang H, Mita K, Kanost M. A bacteria-induced, intracellular serpin in granular hemocytes of Manduca sexta. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2001;31:887-98 pubmed..The intracellular location of serpin-2 suggests a function for serpin-2 different from the plasma serpin-1 proteins. ..
- Morita K, Miura M, Paolone D, Engeman T, Kapoor A, Remick D, et al. Early chemokine cascades in murine cardiac grafts regulate T cell recruitment and progression of acute allograft rejection. J Immunol. 2001;167:2979-84 pubmed
- Sullivan J, Pietras K, Shin B, Misasi J. Hammerhead ribozymes designed to cleave all human rod opsin mRNAs which cause autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa. Mol Vis. 2002;8:102-13 pubmed..This strategy can be extended to any dominant disease affecting genes normally expressed in excess. ..
- Lieskovska J, Guo D, Derman E. IL-6-overexpression brings about growth impairment potentially through a GH receptor defect. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2002;12:388-98 pubmed..We noted a twofold reduction of hepatic GHR mRNA in the transgenic mice. We therefore conclude that overexpression of IL-6 brings about growth impairment in part through a GH receptor defect. ..
- Han T, De Vries G. Organizational effects of testosterone, estradiol, and dihydrotestosterone on vasopressin mRNA expression in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis. J Neurobiol. 2003;54:502-10 pubmed
- Zayzafoon M, Gathings W, McDonald J. Modeled microgravity inhibits osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells and increases adipogenesis. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2421-32 pubmed..This work will increase understanding and aid in the prevention of bone loss, not only in MG but also potentially in age-and disuse-related osteoporosis. ..
- Arakane Y, Muthukrishnan S, Beeman R, Kanost M, Kramer K. Laccase 2 is the phenoloxidase gene required for beetle cuticle tanning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:11337-42 pubmed..The results presented here support the hypothesis that two isoforms of laccase 2 generated by alternative splicing catalyze larval, pupal, and adult cuticle tanning in Tribolium. ..
- Roh M, Song C, Kim J, Abdulkadir S. Chromosomal instability induced by Pim-1 is passage-dependent and associated with dysregulation of cyclin B1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40568-77 pubmed..These results indicated that chronic Pim-1 overexpression dysregulates cyclin B1 protein expression, which contributes to the development of polyploidy by delaying cytokinesis. ..
- Yin X, Baek R, Kirschner D, Peterson A, Fujii Y, Nave K, et al. Evolution of a neuroprotective function of central nervous system myelin. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:469-78 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that the P0-PLP shift during vertebrate evolution provided a vital neuroprotective function to myelin-forming CNS glia. ..
- Vodyanik M, Thomson J, Slukvin I. Leukosialin (CD43) defines hematopoietic progenitors in human embryonic stem cell differentiation cultures. Blood. 2006;108:2095-105 pubmed..CD34(+)CD43(+)CD45(+)Lin(-) cells were largely devoid of VE-cadherin and KDR expression and had a distinct FLT3(high)GATA3(low)RUNX1(low)PU1(high)MPO(high)IL7RA(high) gene expression profile. ..
- Yamamoto S, Deckter L, Kasai K, Chiocca E, Saeki Y. Imaging immediate-early and strict-late promoter activity during oncolytic herpes simplex virus type 1 infection and replication in tumors. Gene Ther. 2006;13:1731-6 pubmed..Incorporation of a strict-late promoter-driven luciferase cassette into oncolytic HSV-1 vectors would be useful for assessing tumor oncolysis in preclinical tumor treatment studies. ..
- Kim W, Lewis C, McCall K, Malgor R, Kohn A, Moon R, et al. Overexpression of Wnt-1 in thyrocytes enhances cellular growth but suppresses transcription of the thyroperoxidase gene via different signaling mechanisms. J Endocrinol. 2007;193:93-106 pubmed..We hypothesize that Wnt signaling contributes to the ability of TSH to simultaneously increase cell growth and functional, thyroid-specific, gene expression. ..