Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in Japan
Topic: gene expression
Publications321 found, 100 shown here
- Yukawa K, Yasui T, Yamamoto A, Shiku H, Kishimoto T, Kikutani H. Epoc-1: a POU-domain gene expressed in murine epidermal basal cells and thymic stromal cells. Gene. 1993;133:163-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Epoc-1 might be one of the developmental regulators which controls epidermal development and thymic organogenesis. ..
- Seino Y, Yamamoto T, Inoue K, Imamura M, Kadowaki S, Kojima H, et al. Abnormal facilitative glucose transporter gene expression in human islet cell tumors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1993;76:75-8 pubmed..These results imply that GLUT1 and GLUT3 are primarily responsible for glucose uptake by these tumors. ..
- Yamamoto H, Miura R, Yamamoto T, Shinohara K, Watanabe M, Okuyama S, et al. Amino acid residues in the transmembrane domain of the type 1 sigma receptor critical for ligand binding. FEBS Lett. 1999;445:19-22 pubmed..By contrast, ligand binding was significantly suppressed by the substitutions. These findings provide evidence that the transmembrane domain of the type 1 sigma receptor plays a critical role in ligand binding of this receptor. ..
- Mitsui S, Yamada T, Okui A, Kominami K, Uemura H, Yamaguchi N. A novel isoform of a kallikrein-like protease, TLSP/hippostasin, (PRSS20), is expressed in the human brain and prostate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;272:205-11 pubmed..These results indicated that TLSP/hippostasin is involved in the functions of the human central nervous system and prostate and that it is a multifunctional protease present in various organs. ..
- Matsumoto K, Hiraiwa N, Yoshiki A, Ohnishi M, Kusakabe M. Tenascin-C expression and splice variant in habu snake venom-induced glomerulonephritis. Exp Mol Pathol. 2002;72:186-95 pubmed
- Ishida M, Oshima T, Yutani K. Overexpression in Escherichia coli of the AT-rich trpA and trpB genes from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;216:179-83 pubmed..The expression of the trpA gene was also improved ( approximately 1.5-fold). This approach may be useful for overexpressing various kinds of AT-rich genes. ..
- Yamada K, Kawata H, Shou Z, Mizutani T, Noguchi T, Miyamoto K. Insulin induces the expression of the SHARP-2/Stra13/DEC1 gene via a phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30719-24 pubmed..In addition, nuclear run-on assay revealed that transcription of the rat SHARP-2 gene was induced by insulin. Thus, we conclude that insulin induces the transcription of the rat SHARP-2 gene via a phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway. ..
- Sasakawa Y, Naoe Y, Noto T, Inoue T, Sasakawa T, Matsuo M, et al. Antitumor efficacy of FK228, a novel histone deacetylase inhibitor, depends on the effect on expression of angiogenesis factors. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;66:897-906 pubmed
- Kasahara Y, Kaneko H, Fukao T, Terada T, Asano T, Kasahara K, et al. Hyper-IgM syndrome with putative dominant negative mutation in activation-induced cytidine deaminase. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003;112:755-60 pubmed..The mutation of the AID gene is assumed to be of the dominant negative form. This is the first report of a dominant negative form of the mutation in vivo. ..
- Aoyama M, Ozaki T, Inuzuka H, Tomotsune D, Hirato J, Okamoto Y, et al. LMO3 interacts with neuronal transcription factor, HEN2, and acts as an oncogene in neuroblastoma. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4587-97 pubmed..These results suggest that the deregulated expression of neuronal-specific LMO3 and HEN2 contributes to the genesis and progression of human neuroblastoma in a lineage-specific manner. ..
- Nagamine S, Koike S, Keino Masu K, Masu M. Expression of a heparan sulfate remodeling enzyme, heparan sulfate 6-O-endosulfatase sulfatase FP2, in the rat nervous system. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;159:135-43 pubmed..SulfFP2 expression is abundant and dynamically regulated in the nervous system during development, whereas it is confined to the cerebral cortex, hippocampal CA3 region, and medial habenular nucleus in the adult brain. ..
- Saito K, Su Z, Emi A, Mita K, Takeda M, Fujiwara Y. Cloning and expression analysis of takeout/JHBP family genes of silkworm, Bombyx mori. Insect Mol Biol. 2006;15:245-51 pubmed publisher..The Bombyx genes might have roles related to the regulation of metabolism, growth or development related to nutritional conditions...
- Ito S, Ohga T, Saeki H, Watanabe M, Kakeji Y, Morita M, et al. Promoter hypermethylation and quantitative expression analysis of CDKN2A (p14ARF and p16INK4a) gene in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:3345-53 pubmed..The decrease in p14ARF gene expression associated with invasive and metastatic phenotypes may be significant as an indicator of the malignant potential of human ESCC. ..
- Takemoto Y, Mitsuhashi W, Murakami R, Konishi H, Miyamoto K. The N-terminal region of an entomopoxvirus fusolin is essential for the enhancement of peroral infection, whereas the C-terminal region is eliminated in digestive juice. J Virol. 2008;82:12406-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the enhancement of infectivity involves more than the tolerance to digestive juice and chitin-binding ability. ..
- Rezaeian A, Isokane T, Nishibori M, Chiba M, Hiraiwa N, Yoshizawa M, et al. alphaCGRP and betaCGRP transcript amount in mouse tissues of various developmental stages and their tissue expression sites. Brain Dev. 2009;31:682-93 pubmed publisher..These findings together indicate that alphaCGRP and betaCGRP have their own roles in the ontogenic process. ..
- Ishizuya Oka A, Hasebe T, Buchholz D, Kajita M, Fu L, Shi Y. Origin of the adult intestinal stem cells induced by thyroid hormone in Xenopus laevis. FASEB J. 2009;23:2568-75 pubmed publisher..Our results provide direct evidence that stem cells that generate the adult intestinal epithelium originate from the larval epithelium, through thyroid hormone-induced dedifferentiation. ..
- Kajikawa S, Harada T, Kawashima A, Imada K, Mizuguchi K. Highly purified eicosapentaenoic acid prevents the progression of hepatic steatosis by repressing monounsaturated fatty acid synthesis in high-fat/high-sucrose diet-fed mice. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2009;80:229-38 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, oral administration of EPA-E ameliorates hepatic fat accumulation by suppressing TG synthesis enzymes regulated by SREBP-1 and decreases hepatic MUFAs accumulation by SCD1. ..
- Ogasawara E, Nakada K, Hayashi J. Lactic acidemia in the pathogenesis of mice carrying mitochondrial DNA with a deletion. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3179-89 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo study also suggested that inhibition of chronic lactic acidemia is a potential strategy for treating some mitochondrial diseases...
- Sasaki K, Akasaka S, Mezawa R, Shimada K, Maekawa K. Regulation of the brain dopaminergic system by juvenile hormone in honey bee males (Apis mellifera L.). Insect Mol Biol. 2012;21:502-9 pubmed publisher..Regulation of the brain dopaminergic system by JH, as observed in solitary species, is conserved in male honey bees but not in female honey bees and other advanced eusocial insects. ..
- Harada H, Takahashi E, Itoh S, Harada K, Hori T, Taniguchi T. Structure and regulation of the human interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF-1) and IRF-2 genes: implications for a gene network in the interferon system. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:1500-9 pubmed..In addition, one potential IFN-gamma-activated sequence was found within the IRF-1 promoter. Thus, these results may shed light on the complex gene network involved in regulation of the IFN system. ..
- Nakayama K, Kawachi Y, Tokito S, Minami N, Yamamoto R, Imai T, et al. Recent duplication of the two human CD8 beta-chain genes. J Immunol. 1992;148:1919-27 pubmed
- Ohkubo S, Ogi K, Hosoya M, Matsumoto H, Suzuki N, Kimura C, et al. Specific expression of human endothelin-2 (ET-2) gene in a renal adenocarcinoma cell line. Molecular cloning of cDNA encoding the precursor of ET-2 and its characterization. FEBS Lett. 1990;274:136-40 pubmed..The Northern blot analysis of mRNA suggested that the transcript of ET-2 gene was 1.4 kb. This is the first direct evidence that human ET-2 gene was expressed specifically in tumor cells. ..
- Katagiri T, Ogimoto M, Hasegawa K, Mizuno K, Yakura H. Selective regulation of Lyn tyrosine kinase by CD45 in immature B cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:27987-90 pubmed..Thus, Lyn seems to be a selective in vivo substrate for CD45 in immature B cells. ..
- Kudo H, Hirayoshi K, Kitagawa Y, Imamura S, Nagata K. Two collagen-binding proteins, osteonectin and HSP47, are coordinately induced in transformed keratinocytes by heat and other stresses. Exp Cell Res. 1994;212:219-24 pubmed
- Watanabe T, Fujiwara T, Nakamura Y, Hirai Y, Maekawa H, Takahashi E. Cloning, expression pattern and mapping to Xq of NAP1L3, a gene encoding a peptide homologous to human and yeast nucleosome assembly proteins. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;74:281-5 pubmed..NAP1L3 was closely linked to a marker (DXS990) mapped to chromosome bands Xq21.3-->q22, where genes responsible for several X-linked mental retardation syndromes have been localized. ..
- Tsuchiya K, Ikeda I, Tsuchiya T, Kimura T. Cloning and expression of an intracellular alkaline protease gene from alkalophilic Thermoactinomyces sp. HS682. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1997;61:298-303 pubmed..0-12.0 and below 60 degrees C in the presence of Ca2+. The temperature and pH optima of the enzyme were 65 degrees C and pH 11.0, respectively. The enzyme was inhibited by DFP and PMSF, but not by MIA and EDTA. ..
- Taira Y, Kubo T, Natori S. Molecular cloning of cDNA and tissue-specific expression of the gene for SII-K1, a novel transcription elongation factor SII. Genes Cells. 1998;3:289-96 pubmed..This factor was expressed exclusively in the heart, liver, kidney and skeletal muscle. During mouse embryonic development, no significant expression of the SII-K1 gene was detected before the formation of these tissues. ..
- Sato H, Tamba M, Kuriyama Matsumura K, Okuno S, Bannai S. Molecular cloning and expression of human xCT, the light chain of amino acid transport system xc-. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2000;2:665-71 pubmed..The results suggest that oxygen regulates the activity of system xc- by modulating the expression of both xCT and 4F2hc mRNAs. ..
- Matsuoka M, Yamagata K, Sugiura H, Yoshida Matsuoka J, Norita M, Ichikawa M. Expression and regulation of the immediate-early gene product Arc in the accessory olfactory bulb after mating in male rat. Neuroscience. 2002;111:251-8 pubmed..Granule cells have been shown to exhibit a strong synaptic plasticity in response to pheromonal stimulation. From these findings we suggest that Arc plays an important role in neuronal plasticity in the accessory olfactory bulb. ..
- Kumada M, Iwamoto S, Kamesaki T, Okuda H, Kajii E. Entire sequence of a mouse chromosomal segment containing the gene Rhced and a comparative analysis of the homologous human sequence. Gene. 2002;299:165-72 pubmed..Despite the steady improvements in the draft sequence of the human genome, this study demonstrates the continuing benefits of comparative genetic analyses in increasing our understanding of human genomic structure. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Nishikawa Y, Tokairin T, Omori Y, Enomoto K. Increased expression of H19 non-coding mRNA follows hepatocyte proliferation in the rat and mouse. J Hepatol. 2004;40:808-14 pubmed..Our results demonstrated that H19 gene expression was dynamically regulated in adult hepatocytes in close association with their proliferation. ..
- Mohammed Ali A, Kawasaki T, Yamada T. Genetic rearrangements on the Chlorovirus genome that switch between hyaluronan synthesis and chitin synthesis. Virology. 2005;342:102-10 pubmed..In some chloroviruses, ugdh was lost. These results suggest that chlorovirus types changed from "has viruses" to "chs viruses" or from "chs viruses" to "has viruses" by exchanging the genes...
- Tanase K, Ichimura K. Expression of ethylene receptors Dl-ERS1-3 and Dl-ERS2, and ethylene response during flower senescence in Delphinium. J Plant Physiol. 2006;163:1159-66 pubmed..It was suggested that expression of ethylene receptor genes under ethylene exposure was differentially regulated in each organ of the flower...
- Usui Aoki K, Matsumoto K, Koganezawa M, Kohatsu S, Isono K, Matsubayashi H, et al. Targeted expression of Ip3 sponge and Ip3 dsRNA impaires sugar taste sensation in Drosophila. J Neurogenet. 2005;19:123-41 pubmed..The result indicates that IP(3) signaling is indispensable for sugar reception in Drosophila. ..
- Ohta H, Adachi H, Takiguchi M, Inaba M. Restricted localization of claudin-16 at the tight junction in the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop together with claudins 3, 4, and 10 in bovine nephrons. J Vet Med Sci. 2006;68:453-63 pubmed
- Masai E, Yamamoto Y, Inoue T, Takamura K, Hara H, Kasai D, et al. Characterization of ligV essential for catabolism of vanillin by Sphingomonas paucimobilis SYK-6. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:2487-92 pubmed..On the other hand, growth on syringaldehyde was only slightly affected by ligV disruption, indicating the presence of a syringaldehyde dehydrogenase gene or genes in SYK-6...
- Zhu Y, Kakinuma N, Wang Y, Kiyama R. Kank proteins: a new family of ankyrin-repeat domain-containing proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:128-33 pubmed..Furthermore, the results of overexpression of these genes in NIH3T3 cells suggest that all of these family proteins have an identical role in the formation of actin stress fibers. ..
- Hata K, Watanabe Y, Nakai H, Minami T, Ohsaki H, Hirakawa E, et al. Association of metastin/a G-protein-coupled receptor signaling and Down syndrome critical region 1 in epithelial ovarian cancer. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:617-23 pubmed..Genes such as DSCR1 that are duplicated in Down syndrome might not play an important role in tumorigenesis of epithelial ovarian cancer. ..
- Izuhara K, Ohta S, Shiraishi H, Suzuki S, Taniguchi K, Toda S, et al. The mechanism of mucus production in bronchial asthma. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:2867-75 pubmed..It is hoped that if we can clarify how mucus is produced, this will lead to development of novel therapeutic reagents to suppress mucus production in bronchial asthma. ..
- Watanabe K, Yokoyama Y, Kokuryo T, Kawai K, Kitagawa T, Seki T, et al. 15-deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2 prevents inflammatory response and endothelial cell damage in rats with acute obstructive cholangitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;298:G410-8 pubmed publisher..These results clearly demonstrate that 15D-PGJ(2) inhibits the inflammatory response and endothelial cell damage seen in acute obstructive cholangitis and could contribute to improve the outcome of this pathology...
- Izumi Y, Yanagihashi Y, Furuse M. A novel protein complex, Mesh-Ssk, is required for septate junction formation in the Drosophila midgut. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4923-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, a novel protein complex comprising Mesh and Ssk has an important role in sSJ formation and in intestinal barrier function in Drosophila. ..
- Tian Z, Miyata K, Tazume H, Sakaguchi H, Kadomatsu T, Horio E, et al. Perivascular adipose tissue-secreted angiopoietin-like protein 2 (Angptl2) accelerates neointimal hyperplasia after endovascular injury. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;57:1-12 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies demonstrate that perivascular adipose tissue-secreted Angptl2 accelerates vascular inflammation and the subsequent CVD development. ..
- Okudaira H, Nakanishi T, Oka S, Kobayashi M, Tamagami H, Schuster D, et al. Kinetic analyses of trans-1-amino-3-[18F]fluorocyclobutanecarboxylic acid transport in Xenopus laevis oocytes expressing human ASCT2 and SNAT2. Nucl Med Biol. 2013;40:670-5 pubmed publisher..Anti-FACBC has higher affinity for ASCT2 than for SNAT2, LAT1, or LAT2. The ASCT2-preferential transport of anti-[(18)F]FACBC in cancer cells could be used for more effective prostate cancer imaging. ..
- Kumagai K, Horikawa T, Shigematsu H, Matsubara R, Kitaura K, Eguchi T, et al. Possible Immune Regulation of Natural Killer T Cells in a Murine Model of Metal Ion-Induced Allergic Contact Dermatitis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In addition, we consider the immune regulation of accumulated NK T cells in metal ion-induced allergic contact dermatitis. ..
- Inouye S, Sahara Miura Y. Expression and characterization of EF-hand I loop mutants of aequorin replaced with other loop sequences of Ca2+-binding proteins: an approach to studying the EF-hand motif of proteins. J Biochem. 2016;160:59-68 pubmed publisher..The specific loop sequence of the EF-hand I motif in aequorin caused the specific Ca(2+)-triggered luminescence pattern. ..
- Oura K, Otsuka A, Shiuchi T, Chikahisa S, Shimizu N, Sei H. Late feeding in the active period decreases slow-wave activity. Life Sci. 2016;160:18-26 pubmed publisher..These data have important implications for the relationship between sleep-wake disturbances and metabolic disorders. ..
- Kumada K, Su S, Yanagida M, Toda T. Fission yeast TPR-family protein nuc2 is required for G1-arrest upon nitrogen starvation and is an inhibitor of septum formation. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 3):895-905 pubmed
- Wada A, Hirayama T, Kitao S, Fujisawa J, Hidaka Y, Shimonishi Y. Pig intestinal membrane-bound receptor (guanylyl cyclase) for heat-stable enterotoxin: cDNA cloning, functional expression, and characterization. Microbiol Immunol. 1994;38:535-41 pubmed..The CHO cell line overexpressing the pig recombinant STa receptor specifically bound to a photoaffinity-labeled analog of STa and showed marked elevation of the cellular content of cGMP in response to STa. ..
- Hirata M, Kakizuka A, Aizawa M, Ushikubi F, Narumiya S. Molecular characterization of a mouse prostaglandin D receptor and functional expression of the cloned gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11192-6 pubmed..Northern blotting analysis with mouse poly(A)+ RNA identified a major mRNA species of 3.5 kb that was most abundantly expressed in the ileum, followed by lung, stomach, and uterus. ..
- Sawai S, Shimono A, Wakamatsu Y, Palmes C, Hanaoka K, Kondoh H. Defects of embryonic organogenesis resulting from targeted disruption of the N-myc gene in the mouse. Development. 1993;117:1445-55 pubmed..The phenotype of N-myc-deficient mutant embryos indicated requirement of the N-myc function in many instances of tissue interactions in organogenesis and also in cell-autonomous regulation of tissue maturation. ..
- Kaneko Y, Kimura T, Kishishita M, Noda Y, Fujita J. Cloning of apg-2 encoding a novel member of heat shock protein 110 family. Gene. 1997;189:19-24 pubmed..These results suggest that apg-2 is an isoform of mouse homolog of hsp70RY, but that it belongs to the hsp110 family instead of hsp70 family, and that it plays a role under non-stress conditions. ..
- Kurita R, Sagara H, Aoki Y, Link B, Arai K, Watanabe S. Suppression of lens growth by alphaA-crystallin promoter-driven expression of diphtheria toxin results in disruption of retinal cell organization in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2003;255:113-27 pubmed..These results suggest that the differentiated lens plays a critical role in the morphogenetic organization of retinal cells during eye development in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Shimizu T, Jayawardana B, Tetsuka M, Miyamoto A. Differential effect of follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol on expressions of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) 120, VEGF164 and their receptors in bovine granulosa cells. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:105-12 pubmed..Thus, our results suggest that the expression of VEGF isoforms may be associated with characterization of the preovulatory phenotype during follicle development in the bovine ovary. ..
- Murakami T, Ohsawa Y, Sunada Y. The transthyretin gene is expressed in human and rodent dorsal root ganglia. Neurosci Lett. 2008;436:335-9 pubmed publisher..The TTR gene is probably expressed in the peripheral glial cells of the DRG. TTR synthesis in the DRG may be important for the involvement of the peripheral nervous system in FAP. ..
- Hwang S, Ohtani M, Hikima J, Jung T, Kondo H, Hirono I, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of Toll-like receptor 3 in Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;37:87-96 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that JfTLR3 plays an important role in the induction of antiviral immune response...
- Mukai H, Ono Y. A novel protein kinase with leucine zipper-like sequences: its catalytic domain is highly homologous to that of protein kinase C. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;199:897-904 pubmed..Recombinant PKN revealed an intrinsic protein kinase activity associated with a 120K protein. This activity was abolished by mutation of the lysine residue in the potential ATP binding site. ..
- Inoue S, Orimo A, Hosoi T, Kondo S, Toyoshima H, Kondo T, et al. Genomic binding-site cloning reveals an estrogen-responsive gene that encodes a RING finger protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:11117-21 pubmed..Thus, the genomic binding-site cloning may be applicable for isolation of the target genes of other transcription factors. ..
- Tsukamoto A, Kaneko Y, Kurokawa K. Thapsigargin, an inhibitor of endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase, enhances c-fos expression but antagonizes vacuole formation of human hepatoma cells induced by teleocidin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1177:31-6 pubmed..From these results it was speculated that the Ca2+ leak from the endoplasmic reticulum rather than the elevation of cytosolic Ca2+ appeared to be responsible for the specific inhibition of vacuole formation by thapsigargin. ..
- Matsuda M, Shikata K, Makino H, Sugimoto H, Ota K, Akiyama K, et al. Gene expression of PDGF and PDGF receptor in various forms of glomerulonephritis. Am J Nephrol. 1997;17:25-31 pubmed..Furthermore, PDGF may participate in crescent formation and tubulo-interstitial injury. ..
- Yamamoto S, Mikami T, Konishi M, Itoh N. Stage-specific expression of a novel isoform of mouse FGF-14 (FHF-4) in spermatocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1490:121-4 pubmed
- Terui K, Takahashi Y, Kitazawa J, Toki T, Yokoyama M, Ito E. Expression of transcription factors during megakaryocytic differentiation of CD34+ cells from human cord blood induced by thrombopoietin. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2000;192:259-73 pubmed..The dynamic changes in the levels of different transcription factors that occur during primary megakaryocytic differentiation suggest that the levels of these factors may influence the progression to specific hematopoietic pathways. ..
- Fujimori F, Gunji W, Kikuchi J, Mogi T, Ohashi Y, Makino T, et al. Crosstalk of prolyl isomerases, Pin1/Ess1, and cyclophilin A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:181-90 pubmed..Subsequent treatment with cyclosporin A significantly retarded growth, which suggests that ESS1 and cyclophilin A are functionally linked in yeast cells and play important roles at the G(1) phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Tsuruga E, Yajima T, Irie K. Induction of fibulin-5 gene is regulated by tropoelastin gene, and correlated with tropoelastin accumulation in vitro. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;36:395-400 pubmed..These results may suggest that the fibulin-5 gene induction is directly or indirectly regulated by tropoelastin gene expression and plays a role in the accumulation of elastic fibers within matrices. ..
- Iwakawa M, Noda S, Ohta T, Oohira C, Tanaka H, Tsuji A, et al. Strain dependent differences in a histological study of CD44 and collagen fibers with an expression analysis of inflammatory response-related genes in irradiated murine lung. J Radiat Res. 2004;45:423-33 pubmed..The expression analysis showed that the several genes are potentially involved in interstrain differences in inflammatory response causing radiation-induced lung fibrosis. ..
- Kamio K, Matsushita I, Hijikata M, Kobashi Y, Tanaka G, Nakata K, et al. Promoter analysis and aberrant expression of the MUC5B gene in diffuse panbronchiolitis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;171:949-57 pubmed..The possible involvement of MUC5B gene in DPB was demonstrated. A further role of the MUC5B polymorphism in its pathogenesis should be studied in the future. ..
- Chavas L, Torii S, Kamikubo H, Kawasaki M, Ihara K, Kato R, et al. Structure of the small GTPase Rab27b shows an unexpected swapped dimer. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2007;63:769-79 pubmed..Possible biological implications of this atypical structure of Rab27b and its plausible influence in effector interaction are discussed. ..
- Sugiura T, Yamagishi K, Kimura T, Nishida T, Kawagishi H, Hirai H. Cloning and homologous expression of novel lignin peroxidase genes in the white-rot fungus Phanerochaete sordida YK-624. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1793-8 pubmed..The physical and catalytic properties of the purified YlpA protein were very similar to those of YK-LiP2. These results suggest that homologous expression of recombinant YK-LiP2 was successful...
- Nakabayashi H, Shimizu K. HA1077, a Rho kinase inhibitor, suppresses glioma-induced angiogenesis by targeting the Rho-ROCK and the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase (MEK/ERK) signal pathways. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:393-9 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study suggest that HA1077 has a therapeutic potential as an anti-angiogenic agent against malignant gliomas. ..
- Yamada T, Higuchi M, Nakanishi N. Fat depot-specific differences in pref-1 gene expression and adipocyte cellularity between Wagyu and Holstein cattle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:310-3 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the breed differences of fattening cattle affect the expression pattern of the pref-1 gene and adipocyte cellularity in a fat depot-specific manner. ..
- Inouye S, Sahara Miura Y. A fusion protein of the synthetic IgG-binding domain and aequorin: Expression and purification from E. coli cells and its application. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;137:58-63 pubmed publisher..ZZ-AQ could be used as a reporter for detecting IgG and the measurable range of IgG coated on a 96-well plate was 1-1000 ng/mL. ..
- Shinohara A, Ogawa H, Ogawa T. Rad51 protein involved in repair and recombination in S. cerevisiae is a RecA-like protein. Cell. 1992;69:457-70 pubmed..Rad51 protein is also homologous to a meiosis-specific Dmc1 protein of S. cerevisiae. ..
- Sato T, Samori Y, Kobayashi Y. The cisA cistron of Bacillus subtilis sporulation gene spoIVC encodes a protein homologous to a site-specific recombinase. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:1092-8 pubmed..The DNA rearrangement was not observed in spoIVC cisA mutants. These results strongly suggest that the spoIVC cisA gene encodes a site-specific DNA recombinase having a very important role in sporulation. ..
- Sugita T, Totsuka T, Saito M, Yamasaki K, Taga T, Hirano T, et al. Functional murine interleukin 6 receptor with the intracisternal A particle gene product at its cytoplasmic domain. Its possible role in plasmacytomagenesis. J Exp Med. 1990;171:2001-9 pubmed..Since IL-6 functions as a potent growth factor for murine plasmacytomas, over-expression of abnormal IL-6-R may function as a positive selection element for the development of certain plasmacytomas. ..
- Yamakawa M, Tanaka M, Koyama M, Kagesato Y, Watahiki M, Yamamoto M, et al. Expression of new members of the prolactin growth hormone gene family in bovine placenta. Isolation and characterization of two prolactin-like cDNA clones. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:8915-20 pubmed..bPLP-I and bPLP-II, as well as bPLP-III, are shown to be expressed stage specifically and predominantly in full-term bovine placentas. ..
- Okamoto N, Hori S, Akazawa C, Hayashi Y, Shigemoto R, Mizuno N, et al. Molecular characterization of a new metabotropic glutamate receptor mGluR7 coupled to inhibitory cyclic AMP signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:1231-6 pubmed..mGluR7 together with mGluR4 thus corresponds to the putative L-2-amino-4-phosphonobutyrate receptor which plays an important role in modulation of glutamate transmission in the central nervous system. ..
- Hayashi Y, Iwato M, Arakawa Y, Fujisawa H, Thoma Y, Hasegawa M, et al. Homozygous deletion of INK4a/ARF genes and overexpression of bcl-2 in relation with poor prognosis in immunocompetent patients with primary central nervous system lymphoma of the diffuse large B-cell type. J Neurooncol. 2001;55:51-8 pubmed
- Kimura A, Adachi N, Horikoshi M. Series of vectors to evaluate the position and the order of two different affinity tags for purification of protein complexes. Anal Biochem. 2003;314:253-9 pubmed..These vectors provide a convenient way to select the best position of tags for efficient purification of protein complexes also applicable in proteomics studies. ..
- Muroya S, Nakajima I, Chikuni K. Amino acid sequences of multiple fast and slow troponin T isoforms expressed in adult bovine skeletal muscles. J Anim Sci. 2003;81:1185-92 pubmed..The multiplicity of TnT isoforms may result in a complicated pattern of TnT degradation on SDS-PAGE gel during beef aging. ..
- Tamura K, Noyama T, Ishizawa Y, Takamatsu N, Shiba T, Ito M. Xenopus death receptor-M1 and -M2, new members of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, trigger apoptotic signaling by differential mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7629-35 pubmed..Although xDR-M1 and xDR-M2 are very similar to each other, the difference in their death domains may result in diverse signaling, suggesting distinct roles of xDR-M1 and xDR-M2 in cell death or survival. ..
- Sumida M, Ohta S, Atsumi S, Fujii T. Geographic variability in expression of the sex-linked AAT-1 gene of the bell-ring frog, Buergeria buergeri. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2004;302:182-94 pubmed..These two modes of expression may be widely distributed in western and eastern Japan, and coexist in the central part of Honshu. ..
- Zhang S, Yanaka A, Tauchi M, Suzuki H, Shibahara T, Matsui H, et al. Hyperosmotic stress enhances interleukin-1beta expression in Helicobacter pylori-infected murine gastric epithelial cells in vitro. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;21:759-66 pubmed..These results may explain the mechanisms by which chronic intake of a high salt diet increases the risk of gastric cancer among H. pylori-infected human subjects. ..
- Osawa H, Kita H, Ohnishi H, Nakazato M, Date Y, Bowlus C, et al. Changes in plasma ghrelin levels, gastric ghrelin production, and body weight after Helicobacter pylori cure. J Gastroenterol. 2006;41:954-61 pubmed..0001). Changes in plasma ghrelin concentrations before and after H. pylori cure were inversely correlated with body weight change and initial plasma ghrelin levels but not with gastric ghrelin production in Japanese patients. ..
- Iwasaki Y, Nishiyama M, Taguchi T, Kambayashi M, Asai M, Yoshida M, et al. Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase stimulates proopiomelanocortin gene transcription in AtT20 corticotroph cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;292:E1899-905 pubmed..Our results suggest that intracellular energy depletion with the resultant activation of AMPK directly stimulates the HPA axis at the pituitary level by increasing the expression of POMC gene. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Comparative integromics on JMJD1C gene encoding histone demethylase: conserved POU5F1 binding site elucidating mechanism of JMJD1C expression in undifferentiated ES cells and diffuse-type gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:219-23 pubmed..POU5F1-mediated expression of JMJD1C histone demethylase is implicated in the reactivation of silenced genes in undifferentiated ES cells, pancreatic islet, and diffuse-type gastric cancer. ..
- Maruyama H, Ito K, Okabayashi K, Sakai M, Kano R, Watari T, et al. Molecular cloning, in vitro expression and functional characterization of canine ADAMTS13. Res Vet Sci. 2012;93:213-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, high molecular weight VWF multimers were abolished based on the activity of ADAMTS13. These results could facilitate research into hemostatic disorders such as TTP in dogs. ..
- Koga Y, Hisada T, Ishizuka T, Utsugi M, Ono A, Yatomi M, et al. CREB regulates TNF-?-induced GM-CSF secretion via p38 MAPK in human lung fibroblasts. Allergol Int. 2016;65:406-413 pubmed publisher..CREB signaled independent of cAMP signaling and was phosphorylated by p38 MAPK following TNF-? stimulation, playing a critical role in GM-CSF secretion in human lung fibroblasts. ..
- Sugahara Y, Miura O, Yuen P, Aoki N. Protein C deficiency Hong Kong 1 and 2: hereditary protein C deficiency caused by two mutant alleles, a 5-nucleotide deletion and a missense mutation. Blood. 1992;80:126-33 pubmed
- Hirayoshi K, Kudo H, Takechi H, Nakai A, Iwamatsu A, Yamada K, et al. HSP47: a tissue-specific, transformation-sensitive, collagen-binding heat shock protein of chicken embryo fibroblasts. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:4036-44 pubmed..Conversely, it is the first serpin family member that is not secreted from cells, which could be explained by acquisition of the RDEL retention signal during evolution. ..