Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in China
Topic: gene expression
Publications328 found, 100 shown here
- Zhong J, Meng F, Xu D, Zhou H, Dai M. Correlation between imatinib trough concentration and efficacy in Chinese chronic myelocytic leukemia patients. Acta Haematol. 2012;127:221-7 pubmed publisher..443, p < 0.001) or dose (r = 0.422, p < 0.001). Clinical responses in CML patients are correlated with both the plasma trough concentrations and intracellular levels of imatinib. ..
- Wang S, Liu W, Wu C, Ma F, Ahmad S, Liu B, et al. Melatonin suppresses apoptosis and stimulates progesterone production by bovine granulosa cells via its receptors (MT1 and MT2). Theriogenology. 2012;78:1517-26 pubmed publisher..05) at 24 h, but were decreased (P < 0.05) at 48 h. In conclusion, exogenous melatonin acts via receptors and has important roles in regulation of development and function of bovine GCs. ..
- Yang M, Li F, Xie X, Wang S, Fan J. CagA, a major virulence factor of Helicobacter pylori, promotes the production and underglycosylation of IgA1 in DAKIKI cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:276-81 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that Hp infection, at least via CagA, may participate in the pathogenesis of IgAN by influencing the production and glycosylation of IgA1 in B cells. ..
- Liu L, Guan N, Zhu G, Li J, Shin H, Du G, et al. Pathway engineering of Propionibacterium jensenii for improved production of propionic acid. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19963 pubmed publisher..Finally, PA production in P. jensenii with ppc overexpression as well as ldh deletion was investigated, which resulted in further increases in PA titer to 34.93?±?2.99?g·L(-1) in a fed-batch culture. ..
- Ye C, Bian P, Weng D, Zhang H, Yang J, Zhang Y, et al. [Eukaryotic expression and application of HCV Hebei strain E2 extracellular core region]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;32:746-9 pubmed..Conclusion HCV-1bE2c protein can be effectively expressed in HEK293T cells and applied clinically. ..
- Sun J, Wang H, Lv W, Ma C, Lou Z, Dai Y. Construction and characterization of a fusion ?-1,3-1,4-glucanase to improve hydrolytic activity and thermostability. Biotechnol Lett. 2011;33:2193-9 pubmed publisher..These properties make this particular ?-1,3-1,4-glucanase a good candidate for application in brewing and animal-feed industries. ..
- Su X, Yang W, Zhi X. Effect of danhong injection on expressions of macrophage scavenger receptor 1 and sub-family A member 1 in human U937 cells. J Tradit Chin Med. 2013;33:384-7 pubmed
- Fei M, Hang Q, Hou S, Ruan C. Cell adhesion to fibronectin down-regulates the expression of Spy1 and contributes to drug resistance in multiple myeloma cells. Int J Hematol. 2013;98:446-55 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that Spy1 plays an important role in CAM-DR, which depends on the function of p27(Kip1). Our findings provide a rational framework for further development of Spy1 as a novel target for MM therapy. ..
- Wang R, Xiang S, Feng Y, Srinivas S, Zhang Y, Lin M, et al. Engineering production of functional scFv antibody in E. coli by co-expressing the molecule chaperone Skp. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2013;3:72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the pACYC-Duet-skp co-expression vector might be a useful tool for the production of soluble and functional scFv antibody. ..
- Ho P, Ng K, Lo W, Law P, Lai E, Wang Y, et al. Plasmid-Mediated OqxAB Is an Important Mechanism for Nitrofurantoin Resistance in Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:537-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, plasmid-mediated oqxAB is an important nitrofurantoin resistance mechanism. There is a great need to monitor the dissemination of this transferable multidrug-resistant efflux pump. ..
- Zhou C, Zhang T, Liu F, Zhou J, Ni X, Huo R, et al. The differential expression of mRNAs and long noncoding RNAs between ectopic and eutopic endometria provides new insights into adenomyosis. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:362-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our study constitutes the first known report of lncRNA expression patterns in human adenomyosis ectopic and eutopic endometrial tissue. ..
- Du H, Chen L, Chavda K, Pandey R, Zhang H, Xie X, et al. Genomic Characterization of Enterobacter cloacae Isolates from China That Coproduce KPC-3 and NDM-1 Carbapenemases. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2519-23 pubmed publisher..blaKPC-3is located on a Tn3-Î”blaTEM-1-blaKPC-3-Î”Tn1722element, flanked by two 9-bp direct-repeat sequences and harbored on an IncX6 plasmid. ..
- Li B, Guo L, Zhang Y, Xiao Y, Wu M, Zhou L, et al. Molecular alterations in the TCR signaling pathway in patients with aplastic anemia. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:32 pubmed publisher..The characteristics of CD3ζ 3'-UTR alternative splicing may be an index for evaluating the T cell activation status in AA patients, particularly in SAA patients. ..
- Chen J, Feng W, Zhao Y. Secretory expression, purification and functional characterization of 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 from mammalian HEK293T cells. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;137:52-57 pubmed publisher..The present data show that the mammalian cell expression system can provide active 17?-HSD1 which is functionally identical to its natural counterpart and easy to purify in qualities suitable for its structure-function study. ..
- Li Y, Ma W, Feng Z, Wang Z, Zha N, Deng B, et al. Effects of irradiation on osteoblast-like cells on different titanium surfaces in vitro. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2013;101:9-17 pubmed publisher..This study revealed the effects of irradiation on osteoblasts in vitro on two titanium surfaces. MAO surface could be used in dental implants in irradiated bone due to enhanced adhesion ability and collagen secretion in osteoblasts. ..
- Fang S, Wang R, Liu H, Zhuang W, Wang Z, Zhang J, et al. The retention of prion protein in the endoplasmic reticulum prevents N2A cells from proteasome inhibition-induced cytotoxicity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:500-507 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the ER is not a compartment in which wild type PrPC is able to initiate aggregation, protease resistance or other scapie-like properties of PrP. ..
- Chen J, Zhang Y, Zhao C, Li A, Zhou Q, Li D. Cloning of a gene encoding thermostable glucoamylase from Chaetomium thermophilum and its expression in Pichia pastoris. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:2277-84 pubmed..Only a few genes have been cloned from the Chaetomium genus. This study attempted to clone, to sequence and to express a thermostable glucoamylase gene of C. thermophilum...
- Sun F, Xie M, Xue J, Wang H. Osthol regulates hepatic PPAR alpha-mediated lipogenic gene expression in alcoholic fatty liver murine. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:669-73 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that osthol might regulate the gene expressions of DGAT, HMG-CoA reductase and CYP7A via increasing the PPAR alpha mRNA expression. ..
- Zhao W, Li Y, Gao P, Sun Z, Sun T, Zhang H. Validation of reference genes for real-time quantitative PCR studies in gene expression levels of Lactobacillus casei Zhang. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;38:1279-86 pubmed publisher..The systematic validation of candidate reference genes is important for obtaining reliable analysis results of real-time quantitative PCR studies in gene expression levels of Lactobacillus casei Zhang. ..
- Zhang Y, Yang X, Shi H, Dong L, Bai J. Effect of ?-linolenic acid on endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated apoptosis of palmitic acid lipotoxicity in primary rat hepatocytes. Lipids Health Dis. 2011;10:122 pubmed publisher..Linolenic acid may provide a useful strategy to avoid the lipotoxicity of dietary palmitic acid and nutrient overload accompanied with obesity and NAFLD. ..
- Huang L, Chen P, Xu L, Zhou Y, Li W, Yuan Y. Fractalkine as a marker for assessment of severe acute pancreatitis. J Dig Dis. 2012;13:225-31 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemistry showed the overexpression of FKN in pancreas, lung and kidney tissue. FKN involves in the progression of SAP and might be a valuable marker for the assessment of SAP. ..
- Lei J, Ma J, Ma Q, Li X, Liu H, Xu Q, et al. Hedgehog signaling regulates hypoxia induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition and invasion in pancreatic cancer cells via a ligand-independent manner. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:66 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hh signaling may represent a promising therapeutic target for preventing pancreatic cancer progression. ..
- Lo C, Lam K, Leung P, Luk J. High prevalence of cyclooxygenase 2 expression in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Eur J Endocrinol. 2005;152:545-50 pubmed..COX-2 is frequently expressed in PTC but not in benign thyroid specimens. COX-2 expression may serve as a useful molecular marker for PTC in cases of diagnostic difficulty. ..
- Deane E, Woo N. Impact of heavy metals and organochlorines on hsp70 and hsc70 gene expression in black sea bream fibroblasts. Aquat Toxicol. 2006;79:9-15 pubmed..001 microM. Overall, our findings demonstrate that gene members of the HSP70 family are responsive to environmentally important chemicals. ..
- Zheng S, Yumei F, Chen A. De novo synthesis of glutathione is a prerequisite for curcumin to inhibit hepatic stellate cell (HSC) activation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007;43:444-53 pubmed..De novo synthesis of GSH is a prerequisite for curcumin to inhibit HSC activation. These results provide novel insights into the mechanisms of curcumin as an antifibrogenic candidate in the prevention and treatment of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Liu Y, Jia L, Liu Z, Zhang H, Zhang P, Wan Q, et al. Emodin ameliorates high-glucose induced mesangial p38 over-activation and hypocontractility via activation of PPARgamma. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:648-55 pubmed publisher..Emodin effectively ameliorated p38 over-activation and hypocontractility in high-glucose induced mesangial cells, possibly via activation of PPARgamma. ..
- Qiu Y, Wang Z, Jin S, Pu Y, Toyosawa S, Aozasa K, et al. Expression level of pre-B-cell leukemia transcription factor 2 (PBX2) as a prognostic marker for gingival squamous cell carcinoma. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2012;13:168-75 pubmed publisher..PBX2 expression level in GSCC is prognostic. PBX2 may be a useful marker to identify the potential for progression in GSCC. ..
- Wang S, Ma F, Zhao J. Expressions of nuclear factor-kappa B p50 and p65 and their significance in the up-regulation of intercellular cell adhesion molecule-1 mRNA in the nasal mucosa of allergic rhinitis patients. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;270:1329-34 pubmed publisher..8995, P < 0.01; r = 0.7601, P < 0.01). In conclusion, NF-?B plays a key role in AR. Excessively activated NF-?B promotes the transcription of ICAM-1 mRNA. ICAM-1 is related to the pathogenesis and development of AR...
- Qu X, Hei Y, Kang L, Yang X, Wang Y, Lu X, et al. Establishment of a combination scoring method for diagnosis of ocular adnexal lymphoproliferative disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0160175 pubmed publisher..7% (18/21) for MALToma and 35.3% (6/17) for ALH. Our study provides a method that may be useful for the differential diagnosis of RFH, ALH, and MALToma. ..
- Li M, Li P, Chen Q, Du G, Li G. Alpha-fetoprotein stimulated the expression of some oncogenes in human hepatocellular carcinoma Bel 7402 cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:819-24 pubmed..The data indicate that AFP can stimulate the expression of some oncogenes to enhance the proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma Bel 7402 cells. ..
- Yang B, Wang H, Gao X, Chen B, Zhang Y, Liu H, et al. Expression and significance of Rap1A in testes of azoospermic subjects. Asian J Androl. 2004;6:35-40 pubmed..The mRNA expression of Rap1A in the spermatogenic cells of azoospermic was stronger than that in those of the fertile testes. Rap1A may play certain roles in the development of azoospermia. ..
- Fu R, Xue R, Wang J, Ma L, Lv J, Wang L, et al. Uremic anorexia and ghrelin expression in the amygdala. Neurosci Lett. 2012;527:50-4 pubmed publisher..05). The reduction of amygdala's ghrelin in CRF rats may be associated with uremic anorexia. ..
- Li C, Yang X, He Y, Ye G, Li X, Zhang X, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-9 induces osteogenic differentiation of rat dental follicle stem cells in P38 and ERK1/2 MAPK dependent manner. Int J Med Sci. 2012;9:862-71 pubmed publisher..Detection of ALP and calcium deposition revealed the BMP-9 induced osteogenic differentiation of dental follicle stem cells depended on MAPK signaling pathway. ..
- Shi Z, Liu Y, Xu Y, Hong Y, Liu Q, Li X, et al. Tremella Polysaccharides attenuated sepsis through inhibiting abnormal CD4?CD25(high) regulatory T cells in mice. Cell Immunol. 2014;288:60-5 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa infection mice, at least in part via inhibiting IL-10 secretion, and trigger a shift of Th2 to Th1 with activation of CD4?T cells in burn with P. aeruginosa infection mice. ..
- Jin H, Wang C, Jin G, Ruan H, Gu D, Wei L, et al. Regulator of Calcineurin 1 Gene Isoform 4, Down-regulated in Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Prevents Proliferation, Migration, and Invasive Activity of Cancer Cells and Metastasis of Orthotopic Tumors by Inhibiting Nuclear Translocation of NFAT1. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:799-811.e33 pubmed publisher..4 in HCC cells prevents growth, angiogenesis, and metastases of xenograft tumors by inhibiting calcineurin activity and nuclear translocation of NFAT1. ..
- Li C, Yang B, Xu Z, Boivin E, Black M, Huang W, et al. Protective effect of cyanidin-3-O-glucoside on neonatal porcine islets. J Endocrinol. 2017;235:237-249 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that C3G has a beneficial effect on NPI through the activation of ERK1/2- and PI3K/AKT-induced NRF2-mediated HO1 signaling pathway. ..
- Huang J, Wang Y, Wang W, Li Y, Tamamaki N, Wu S. 5-HT(3A) receptor subunit is expressed in a subpopulation of GABAergic and enkephalinergic neurons in the mouse dorsal spinal cord. Neurosci Lett. 2008;441:1-6 pubmed publisher..The different cellular localization of 5-HT(3A) receptor subunit suggest the complex participation of this receptor in the inhibitory neuronal circuits of the SDH neurons. ..
- Yang J, Li A, Yang Y, Li X. Identification of cyclophilin A as a potential prognostic factor for clear-cell renal cell carcinoma by comparative proteomic analysis. Cancer Biol Ther. 2011;11:535-46 pubmed publisher..05, p < 0.0001). These data suggest that CypA may serve as a novel prognostic factor for ccRCC. ..
- Dou W, Xu M, Cai D, Zhang X, Rao Z, Xu Z. Improvement of L-arginine production by overexpression of a bifunctional ornithine acetyltransferase in Corynebacterium crenatum. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2011;165:845-55 pubmed publisher..crenatum SYPA5-5. The results showed that the engineered strains could not only express more OATase (90.9%) but also increase the production of L: -arginine significantly (16.8%). ..
- Zhang H, Wu J, Meng L, Shou C. Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors KDR and Flt-1 in gastric cancer cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2002;8:994-8 pubmed..These results suggest that VEGF may play a role in promoting tumor growth and metastasis by participating in both paracrine and autocrine pathways. ..
- Shen H, Qian B, Chen W, Liu Z, Yang L, Zhang D, et al. Immunogenicity of recombinant F4 (K88) fimbrial adhesin FaeG expressed in tobacco chloroplast. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:558-67 pubmed publisher..This study provides a new alternative for producing the ETEC vaccine using the chloroplast expression system. ..
- Zhou X, Kong X, Xu W, Chen J. Overexpression of APRIN inhibits differentiation and proliferation and promotes apoptosis in P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:491-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that overexpression of APRIN inhibits differentiation and proliferation and promotes apoptosis in P19 cells, suggesting that APRIN may be involved in the pathogenesis of VSD. ..
- Han T. Effects of salidroside pretreatment on expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and permeability of blood brain barrier in rat model of focal cerebralischemia-reperfusion injury. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2013;6:156-8 pubmed publisher..The salidroside pretreatment alleviated the focal cerebralischemia-reperfusion injury in the rat model, possibly by decreasing the permeability of blood brain barrier, attenuating brain edema and reducing TNF-alpha expression. ..
- Guo L, Luo C, Fan J, Hou Z, Ji X, Chen F, et al. Serum miRNA profiling identifies miR-150/30a as potential biomarker for workers with damaged nerve fibers from carbon disulfide. Ind Health. 2015;53:38-47 pubmed publisher..miR-150 and miR-30a may be potential noninvasive biomarkers for a damaged nervous system. ..
- Yin A, Wang C, Sun J, Gao J, Tao L, Du X, et al. Overexpression of NDRG2 Increases Iodine Uptake and Inhibits Thyroid Carcinoma Cell Growth In Situ and In Vivo. Oncol Res. 2016;23:43-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study suggested that NDRG2 is a critical molecule in the regulation of MTC biological behavior and a potential promoter in radioactive iodine therapy. ..
- Zhao F, Cai T, Liu M, Zheng G, Luo W, Chen J. Manganese induces dopaminergic neurodegeneration via microglial activation in a rat model of manganism. Toxicol Sci. 2009;107:156-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that dopaminergic neurons could be damaged by manganese neurotoxicity, and that the activated microglial cells and their associated activation products played an important role in this neurodegenerative process. ..
- Dai Z, Wang B, Lu W, Wang Z, Ma X, Min W, et al. Total flavonoids of Scutellaria barbata inhibit invasion of hepatocarcinoma via MMP/TIMP in vitro. Molecules. 2013;18:934-50 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that TF-SB could reduce the metastatic capability of MHCC97H cell, probably through decrease of the MMP expression, and simultaneous increase of the TIMP expression. ..
- Liang X, Li L, Wu G, Xie Y, Zhang G, Chen W, et al. Upregulation of CPE promotes cell proliferation and tumorigenicity in colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:412 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that CPE plays an important role in cell cycle regulation and tumorigenicity, and may serve as a potential target for CRC therapeutics. ..
- Li Z, Li B, Gu Z, Du G, Wu J, Chen J. Extracellular expression and biochemical characterization of alpha-cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase from Paenibacillus macerans. Carbohydr Res. 2010;345:886-92 pubmed publisher..The kinetics of the alpha-CGTase-catalyzed cyclization reaction could be fairly well described by the Hill equation. ..
- Rui Y, Lui P, Lee Y, Chan K. Higher BMP receptor expression and BMP-2-induced osteogenic differentiation in tendon-derived stem cells compared with bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Int Orthop. 2012;36:1099-107 pubmed publisher..The use of BMP-2 to promote TBJ repair has been well reported. This study aimed to compare TDSCs to the gold standard bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BMSCs) with respect to osteogenic response to BMP-2 in vitro...
- Zhao Y, Wang W, Wang X, Xu Y, Wang Y, Dong Z, et al. Downregulation of serum DKK-1 predicts poor prognosis in patients with papillary thyroid cancer. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:18886-94 pubmed publisher..031). In conclusion, low DKK-1 serum levels are associated with poor prognosis in PTC patients and DKK-1 could potentially be used as a biomarker leading to earlier diagnosis of PTC. ..
- Biaoxue R, Xiguang C, Hua L, Hui M, Shuanying Y, Wei Z, et al. Decreased expression of decorin and p57(KIP2) correlates with poor survival and lymphatic metastasis in lung cancer patients. Int J Biol Markers. 2011;26:9-21 pubmed
- Meng L, Gu Y, Du X, Shao M, Zhang L, Zhang G, et al. Two novel ATP2C1 mutations in patients with Hailey-Hailey disease and a literature review of sequence variants reported in the Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:19349-59 pubmed publisher..It is of note that some reported "novel" mutations were in fact found to be recurrent. Our findings expand the range of known ATP2C1 sequence variants in this disease. ..
- Chen J, Chu Y, Cao J, Yang Z, Guo X, Wang Z. T-2 toxin induces apoptosis, and selenium partly blocks, T-2 toxin induced apoptosis in chondrocytes through modulation of the Bax/Bcl-2 ratio. Food Chem Toxicol. 2006;44:567-73 pubmed
- Poon H, Lee K, Wong C, O W, Chow P. Absence of paternal accessory sex gland secretions disturbs epigenetic reprogramming and expression of Igf2 and Dlk1 in golden hamster embryos. Theriogenology. 2009;71:1367-80 pubmed publisher..We concluded that interactions between ASG and sperm affected: (1) histone acetylation in male pronuclei; (2) DNA methylation in fertilized oocytes; and (3) Igf2 and Dlk1 expression embryos. ..
- Cai M, Cheng A, Wang M, Zhao L, Zhu D, Luo Q, et al. His6-tagged UL35 protein of duck plague virus: expression, purification, and production of polyclonal antibody. Intervirology. 2009;52:141-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polyclonal antibody prepared here may serve as a valuable tool to study the functional involvement of VP26 in the DPV life cycle. ..
- Zhang Z, Li B, Shi Y, Tong J. [The effects of serum calcium and 1 alpha hydroxylase on the expression of 24-hydroxylase gene]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2006;22:339-42 pubmed..There are no direct interaction between 1 alpha-hydroxylase gene and 24-hydroxylase gene. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang Q, Wang D. Pre- and post-weaning cold exposure does not lead to an obese phenotype in adult Brandt's voles (Lasiopodomys brandtii). Horm Behav. 2011;60:210-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that some species do not develop an obese phenotype in response to early life cold stress. ..
- Liu A, Zhu Z, Chang S, Hang X. Twist expression associated with the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in gastric cancer. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;367:195-203 pubmed publisher..05). Twist may be associated with the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in gastric cancer and the tumorigenesis, invasion, and metastasis of gastric cancer. ..
- Shen X, Li H, Li W, Wu X, Ding X. Pioglitazone prevents hyperglycemia induced decrease of AdipoR1 and AdipoR2 in coronary arteries and coronary VSMCs. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;363:27-35 pubmed publisher..PIO showed an anti-atherogenic property via the activation of PPAR-?, suppression of TNF-? overexpression in coronary and coronary VSMCs. ..
- Hao Z, Cai M, Lv Y, Huang Y, Li H. Oral administration of recombinant adeno-associated virus-mediated bone morphogenetic protein-7 suppresses CCl(4)-induced hepatic fibrosis in mice. Mol Ther. 2012;20:2043-51 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly indicate that BMP-7 is capable of inhibiting hepatic fibrosis and promoting hepatocyte regeneration. We suggest that oral AAV-BMP-7 could be developed into a safe, simple, and effective therapy for hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Wei C, Li H, Han L, Zhang L, Yang X. Activation of autophagy in ischemic postconditioning contributes to cardioprotective effects against ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat hearts. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2013;61:416-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the protective effects of IPost are associated with the activation of autophagy in rat hearts. ..
- Zeng J, Hannenhalli S. Inferring evolution of gene duplicates using probabilistic models and nonparametric belief propagation. BMC Genomics. 2013;14 Suppl 1:S15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SF tends to be more frequent at the earlier stage of gene family expansion, while NF occurs more frequently later on. ..
- Lu M, Yu S, Xu W, Gao B, Xiong S. HMGB1 Promotes Systemic Lupus Erythematosus by Enhancing Macrophage Inflammatory Response. J Immunol Res. 2015;2015:946748 pubmed publisher..Conclusion. These findings suggested that HMGB1 might be a risk factor for SLE, and manipulation of HMGB1 signaling might provide a therapeutic strategy for SLE. ..
- Qin L, Zhu Y, Ding Z, Zhang X, Ye S, Zhang R. Structure of iridoid synthase in complex with NADP(+)/8-oxogeranial reveals the structural basis of its substrate specificity. J Struct Biol. 2016;194:224-30 pubmed publisher..We believe that the present work will help to elucidate the substrate specificity of IS and to integrate its detailed catalytic mechanism. ..
- Yin Z, Zhang Y, Li Y, Lv T, Liu J, Wang X. Prognostic significance of STAT3 expression and its correlation with chemoresistance of non-small cell lung cancer cells. Acta Histochem. 2012;114:151-8 pubmed publisher..Together, the expression of STAT3 might be an independent prognostic marker for NSCLC patients and RNAi-mediated STAT3 inhibition would be a potential strategy for chemosensitization of NSCLC cells. ..
- Jia Z, Zhao W, Fan L, Sheng W. The expression of PCNA, c-erbB-2, p53, ER and PR as well as atypical hyperplasia in tissues nearby the breast cancer. J Mol Histol. 2012;43:115-20 pubmed publisher..05). Beyond the paracarcinoma 2 cm distance, the tissues showed significant decreases in tumor gene expression, which could represent the appropriate region for breast conservative surgery. ..
- Wang J, Li X, Gao X, An S, Liu H, Liang J, et al. Expression of MMP-13 is associated with invasion and metastasis of papillary thyroid carcinoma. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013;17:427-35 pubmed..The data suggest that MMP-13 is associated with thyroid tumour invasion and metastasis and it may be a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Zhu H, Zhang X, Zhang X, Zhang R, Yang A. [Construction and expression of recombinant lentivirus encoding miR-203 and its inhibitory effect on proliferation and migration of human umbilical vein endothelial cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013;29:589-92 pubmed..MTT assay and wound healing assay showed that miR-203 could significantly suppress cell proliferation and migration of HUVEC-12. MiR-203 has the inhibitory effect on the proliferation and migration of HUVEC-12 cells. ..
- Huang K, Mu W, Zhang T, Jiang B, Miao M. Cloning, expression, and characterization of a thermostable l-arginase from Geobacillus thermodenitrificans NG80-2 for l-ornithine production. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2016;63:391-7 pubmed publisher..Trp and His residues were directly involved in the l-arginase activity evaluated by inactivation agents. The biosynthesis yield of l-ornithine by the purified enzyme was 36.9Â g/L, and the molar yield was 97.2%. ..
- Liu G, Li L, Ju S, Zhang W, Qian Y, Zhu X, et al. [Eukaryotic expression and biological activity of recombinant human IL-17B protein]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;28:255-9 pubmed..The obtainment of transgenic 293T cell line stably expressing rhIL-17B protein paved the way for further study on biological functions of hIL-17B. ..
- Ma S, Tang N, Lam L. Association of gene expression and methylation of UQCRC1 to the predisposition of Alzheimer's disease in a Chinese population. J Psychiatr Res. 2016;76:143-7 pubmed publisher..Our study further suggested the role of methylation in gene regulation and the role in AD. ..
- Wei hua L, Chang qing S, Qiang X, Rong W, Kai min L. Simvastatin inhibits sPLA2 IIa expression in aorta and myocardium. Arch Med Res. 2009;40:67-72 pubmed publisher..Simvastatin may reduce the process of atherosclerosis by decreasing the expression level of sPLA2 IIa in myocardium and aorta. ..
- Yang Y, Zhang R, Xia F, Zou T, Huang A, Xiong S, et al. LPS converts Gr-1(+)CD115(+) myeloid-derived suppressor cells from M2 to M1 via P38 MAPK. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:1774-83 pubmed publisher..It suggests that LPS or its analogs may be potential drugs for tumor treatment, inflammation induced by LPS or other components of bacterium or virus may be benefit to the inhibition of tumor cell growth in vivo. ..
- Wang Z, Feng Z, Wu G, Bai S, Dong Y, Zhao Y. In vitro studies on human periodontal ligament stem cell sheets enhanced by enamel matrix derivative. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;141:102-111 pubmed publisher..These EMD-enhanced cell sheets may represent a potential option for stem-cell therapy for PDL regeneration. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen S, Xu M, Cavaco Paulo A, Cavoco Paulo A, Wu J, et al. Characterization of Thermobifida fusca cutinase-carbohydrate-binding module fusion proteins and their potential application in bioscouring. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:6870-6 pubmed publisher..The improvement in activity and the strong synergistic effect between the fusion proteins and pectinase suggest that they may have better applications in textile bioscouring than the native cutinase...
- Hu G, Liu L, Zhang J, Hu X, Duan H, Deng H, et al. The role of XPB in cell apoptosis and viability and its relationship with p53, p21(waf1/cip1) and c-myc in hepatoma cells. Dig Liver Dis. 2006;38:755-61 pubmed..1-XPB cells. Our results indicated that XPB could inhibit the proliferation of hepatoma cells and had a positive effect on the expression of p53 and p21(waf1/cip1) but a negative effect on c-myc. ..
- Qiao W, Zhao X, Li W, Luo Y, Zhang X. Overexpression of AeNHX1, a root-specific vacuolar Na+/H+ antiporter from Agropyron elongatum, confers salt tolerance to Arabidopsis and Festuca plants. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:1663-72 pubmed..Similarly, AeNHX1 also functioned in transgenic Festuca plants. The results suggest that this gene might function in the roots of Agropyron plants, and its expression is involved in the improvement of salt tolerance...
- Yang H, Liu L, Li J, Du G, Chen J. Heterologous expression, biochemical characterization, and overproduction of alkaline ?-amylase from Bacillus alcalophilus in Bacillus subtilis. Microb Cell Fact. 2011;10:77 pubmed publisher..This is the first report concerning the heterologous expression of alkaline ?-amylase in B. subtilis, and the obtained results make it feasible to achieve the industrial production of alkaline ?-amylase with the recombinant B. subtilis. ..
- Liu K, Xu Y, Wang Y, Wei S, Feng D, Huang Q, et al. Developmental expression and immune role of the class B scavenger receptor cd36 in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;60:91-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that zebrafish Cd36 is a microbial-binding molecule. The study expands our knowledge of the function of scavenger receptor molecules in fish innate immune process. ..
- Chen Z, Mi L, Xu J, Yu J, Wang X, Jiang J, et al. Function of HAb18G/CD147 in invasion of host cells by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus. J Infect Dis. 2005;191:755-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide some evidence for the cytologic mechanism of invasion by SARS-CoV and provide a molecular basis for screening anti-SARS drugs...
- Long L, Tang Y, Xia Q, Xia Z, Liu J. The expression of atrial natriuretic peptide receptor in the mouse inner ear labyrinth. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2010;31:126-30 pubmed..05). Our results suggest that the StV may be the most important place for ANP to regulate endolymph fluid balance via NPR-A. ..
- Li J, Zhao S, Tang C, Wang J, Wu M. Cloning and functional expression of an acidophilic ?-mannanase gene (Anman5A) from Aspergillus niger LW-1 in Pichia pastoris. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:765-73 pubmed publisher..Its activity was not significantly affected by an array of metal ions and ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA). The K(m) and V(max) of the reAnMan5A, toward locust bean gum, were 1.10 mg/mL and 266.7 units/mg, respectively. ..
- Xie C, Yuan J, Li H, Li M, Zhao G, Bu D, et al. NONCODEv4: exploring the world of long non-coding RNA genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:D98-103 pubmed publisher..The improvements brought to the database also include an incorporation of an ID conversion tool from RefSeq or Ensembl ID to NONCODE ID and a service of lncRNA identification. NONCODE is also accessible through http://www.noncode.org/. ..
- Dong Y, Pan Q, Jiang L, Chen Z, Zhang F, Liu Y, et al. Tumor endothelial expression of P-glycoprotein upon microvesicular transfer of TrpC5 derived from adriamycin-resistant breast cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:85-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, we postulate that endothelial cells acquire the resistant protein upon exposure to TrpC5-containg MVs in the microenvironment, and express P-gp in the TrpC5-NFATc3 signal pathway. ..
- Liu Q, Yang R, Huang X, Zhang H, He L, Zhang L, et al. Genetic lineage tracing identifies in situ Kit-expressing cardiomyocytes. Cell Res. 2016;26:119-30 pubmed publisher..This study presents a new interpretation for the contribution of Kit(+) cells to cardiomyocytes and shows that Kit genetic lineage tracing over-estimates the cardiogenic activity of Kit(+) CSCs. ..
- So C, Kaluarachchi K, Tam P, Cheah K. Impact of mutations of cartilage matrix genes on matrix structure, gene activity and chondrogenesis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2001;9 Suppl A:S160-73 pubmed
- Wang Y, Luo J, Wu H, Jin H. Conversion of protocorm-like bodies of Dendrobium huoshanense to shoots: the role of polyamines in relation to the ratio of total cytokinins and indole-3-acetic acid. J Plant Physiol. 2009;166:2013-22 pubmed publisher..This inhibition could be partly reversed by the application of exogenous Put or Spd...
- Wang B, Sun J, Qian S, Liu X, Zhang S, Liu F, et al. Proliferation and differentiation of osteoblastic cells on silicon-doped TiO(2) film deposited by cathodic arc. Biomed Pharmacother. 2012;66:633-41 pubmed publisher..Therefore, findings from this study indicate that silicon-doped film favors osteoblastic proliferation and differentiation, and has the potential for surface modification of implants in the future. ..