Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gata transcription factors in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: gata transcription factors
- Materna S, Ransick A, Li E, Davidson E. Diversification of oral and aboral mesodermal regulatory states in pregastrular sea urchin embryos. Dev Biol. 2013;375:92-104 pubmed publisher..We have analyzed the regulatory linkages within the aboral NSM gene regulatory network. A linchpin of this network is gataE which as we show is a direct Gcm target and part of a feedback loop locking down the aboral regulatory state. ..
- Lan X, Witt H, Katsumura K, Ye Z, Wang Q, Bresnick E, et al. Integration of Hi-C and ChIP-seq data reveals distinct types of chromatin linkages. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:7690-704 pubmed..Our work, in combination with previous studies linking regulation by GATA factors with c-Jun and BRG1, provides genome-wide evidence that Hi-C data identify sets of biologically relevant interacting loci...
- Bresnick E, Katsumura K, Lee H, Johnson K, Perkins A. Master regulatory GATA transcription factors: mechanistic principles and emerging links to hematologic malignancies. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:5819-31 pubmed publisher..This article highlights GATA factor mechanistic principles, with a heavy emphasis on GATA-1 and GATA-2 functions in the hematopoietic system, and new links between GATA-2 dysregulation and human pathophysiologies. ..
- Svenson J, Chike Harris K, Amria M, Nowling T. The mouse and human Fli1 genes are similarly regulated by Ets factors in T cells. Genes Immun. 2010;11:161-72 pubmed publisher..This report lays the groundwork for identifying targets for manipulating Fli1 expression as a possible therapeutic approach. ..
- Krueger K, Deneris E. Serotonergic transcription of human FEV reveals direct GATA factor interactions and fate of Pet-1-deficient serotonin neuron precursors. J Neurosci. 2008;28:12748-58 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a direct transcriptional interaction between Gata-2 and FEV and a unique marker for new insight into FEV/Pet-1 function in 5-HT neuron development. ..
- Nowling T, Fulton J, Chike Harris K, Gilkeson G. Ets factors and a newly identified polymorphism regulate Fli1 promoter activity in lymphocytes. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:1-12 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of a polymorphic microsatellite in the Fli1 promoter may contribute to increased Fli1 expression in T cells during lupus disease progression. ..
- Lee P, Nam J, Davidson E. Exclusive developmental functions of gatae cis-regulatory modules in the Strongylocentrorus purpuratus embryo. Dev Biol. 2007;307:434-45 pubmed publisher..In addition, they imply a functional cis-regulatory module exclusion, whereby only a single module can associate with the basal promoter and drive gene expression at any given time...
- Broitman Maduro G, Lin K, Hung W, Maduro M. Specification of the C. elegans MS blastomere by the T-box factor TBX-35. Development. 2006;133:3097-106 pubmed..Our results show that this role has been evolutionarily conserved in the early C. elegans embryo, and that a progenitor of multiple tissue types can be specified by a surprisingly simple gene cascade. ..
- Harrison K, Marzluf G. Characterization of DNA binding and the cysteine rich region of SRE, a GATA factor in Neurospora crassa involved in siderophore synthesis. Biochemistry. 2002;41:15288-95 pubmed..The combined results of mobility shift assays, siderophore synthesis assays, and ornithine oxygenase enzyme activity determinations demonstrate that these mutants with cysteine substitutions have a dominant repressor phenotype. ..
- Page B, Zhang W, Steward K, Blumenthal T, Priess J. ELT-1, a GATA-like transcription factor, is required for epidermal cell fates in Caenorhabditis elegans embryos. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1651-61 pubmed..The ELT-1 protein is expressed in epidermal cells and in their precursors. We propose that elt-1 functions at an early step in the specification of epidermal cell fates. ..
- Mimoto M, Christian J. Friend of GATA (FOG) interacts with the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase complex (NuRD) to support primitive erythropoiesis in Xenopus laevis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29882 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that a requirement for FOG and its interaction with NuRD during primitive erythropoiesis are conserved in Xenopus and that loss of blood upon FOG overexpression is due to a dominant-interfering effect. ..
- Maduro M, Broitman Maduro G, Mengarelli I, Rothman J. Maternal deployment of the embryonic SKN-1-->MED-1,2 cell specification pathway in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;301:590-601 pubmed
- Coroian C, Broitman Maduro G, Maduro M. Med-type GATA factors and the evolution of mesendoderm specification in nematodes. Dev Biol. 2006;289:444-55 pubmed publisher..elegans med-1,2(-) strain. We conclude that Med function and expression have been conserved over tens of millions of years of evolution, and that there may be a mechanism that selects against the acquisition of introns in these genes...
- Oskouian B, Mendel J, Shocron E, Lee M, Fyrst H, Saba J. Regulation of sphingosine-1-phosphate lyase gene expression by members of the GATA family of transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18403-10 pubmed..Overexpression of GATA-4 led to both an increase in activity of a reporter gene as well as an increase in endogenous sphingosine-1-phosphate lyase protein. ..
- Zhao Y, Medrano L, Ohashi K, Fletcher J, Yu H, Sakai H, et al. HANABA TARANU is a GATA transcription factor that regulates shoot apical meristem and flower development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2586-600 pubmed..Ectopic HAN expression causes growth retardation, aberrant cell division patterns, and loss of meristem activity, suggesting that HAN is involved in controlling cell proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Shim Y, Bonner J, Blumenthal T. Activity of a C. elegans GATA transcription factor, ELT-1, expressed in yeast. J Mol Biol. 1995;253:665-76 pubmed..We conclude that, although ELT-1 having only its C-terminal finger is capable of activation in response to the WGATAR site, the presence of the upstream finger supplies additional base specificity. ..