Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on galectin 3 in Sweden
Topic: galectin 3
- Forsman H, Islander U, Andréasson E, Andersson A, Onnheim K, Karlström A, et al. Galectin 3 aggravates joint inflammation and destruction in antigen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:445-54 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report of in vivo evidence that galectin 3 plays a crucial role in the development of arthritis. ..
- Saraboji K, Håkansson M, Genheden S, Diehl C, Qvist J, Weininger U, et al. The carbohydrate-binding site in galectin-3 is preorganized to recognize a sugarlike framework of oxygens: ultra-high-resolution structures and water dynamics. Biochemistry. 2012;51:296-306 pubmed publisher..These observations make a case for protein cryo-crystallography as a valuable screening method in fragment-based drug discovery and further suggest that identification of water sites might inform inhibitor design. ..
- Cederfur C, Malmstrom J, Nihlberg K, Block M, Breimer M, Bjermer L, et al. Glycoproteomic identification of galectin-3 and -8 ligands in bronchoalveolar lavage of mild asthmatics and healthy subjects. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:1429-36 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Glycoproteomics. ..
- Block M, MÃ¶lne J, Leffler H, BÃ¶rjesson L, Breimer M. Immunohistochemical Studies on Galectin Expression in Colectomised Patients with Ulcerative Colitis. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:5989128 pubmed publisher..Galectin expression in patients with UC seems to be more dependent on disease focality and individual variation than on degree of tissue inflammation. ..
- Elmwall J, Kwieciński J, Na M, Ali A, Osla V, Shaw L, et al. Galectin-3 Is a Target for Proteases Involved in the Virulence of Staphylococcus aureus. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the staphylococcal protease SspB inactivates galectin-3, abrogating its stimulation of oxygen radical production in human neutrophils and increasing tissue damage during skin infection. ..