Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on flow cytometry in Taiwan
Topic: flow cytometry
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- Buryakina T, Su P, Syu W, Chang C, Fan H, Kao F. Metabolism of HeLa cells revealed through autofluorescence lifetime upon infection with enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli. J Biomed Opt. 2012;17:101503 pubmed publisher..The redox ratios for both EHEC-infected and STS-treated HeLa cells have been observed and these observations also indicate possible apoptosis induced by bacterial infection. ..
- Chua H, Huang C, Weng P, Yeh T. TSGÎ”154-1054 splice variant increases TSG101 oncogenicity by inhibiting its E3-ligase-mediated proteasomal degradation. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8240-52 pubmed publisher..This finding shows the functional significance of TSGÎ”154-1054 in preventing the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolysis of TSG101, which increases tumor malignancy and hints at its potential as a therapeutic target in cancer treatment. ..
- Chang S, Wu J, Wang S, Kang P, Yang N, Shyur L. Antioxidant activity of extracts from Acacia confusa bark and heartwood. J Agric Food Chem. 2001;49:3420-4 pubmed
- Lai Y, Chen Y, Lee S, Shieh T, Hung S. Cytotoxic effects of dental resin liquids on primary gingival fibroblasts and periodontal ligament cells in vitro. J Oral Rehabil. 2004;31:1165-72 pubmed..In conclusion, the results demonstrated that these liquid forms of dental polymers and their major monomers cause cytotoxic reactions. The direct relining procedure that cures these materials in situ should be used cautiously. ..
- Hung S, Cheng Y, Peng J, Chang L, Liu T, Chen Y. Inhibitory effects of areca nut extracts on phagocytosis of Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans ATCC 33384 by neutrophils. J Periodontol. 2005;76:373-9 pubmed..actinomycetemcomitans ATCC 33384 by human neutrophils. The inhibition of areca nut on phagocytosis of neutrophils may be one possible mechanism by which the areca nut compromises the periodontal health of areca quid chewers. ..
- Lee M, Huang J, Chen Y, Aplin J, Wu Y, Chen C, et al. Angiogenesis in differentiated placental multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells is dependent on integrin alpha5beta1. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6913 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that differentiated hPMSCs may contribute to blood vessel formation, and this activity depends on integrin alpha(5)beta(1). ..
- Tseng S, Chang M, Su C, Chi L, Chang J, Tseng W, et al. Arecoline induced cell cycle arrest, apoptosis, and cytotoxicity to human endothelial cells. Clin Oral Investig. 2012;16:1267-73 pubmed publisher..During BQ chewing, endothelial damage may be induced by areca nut components and associate with the pathogenesis of OSF, periodontitis, and cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Kuo L, Huang C, Cheng W, Hung C, Wu C, Lin F, et al. Glucose-regulated protein 78 mediates the anticancer efficacy of shikonin in hormone-refractory prostate cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:5063-70 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with the increased sensitivity to shikonin after knockdown of GRP78. GRP78 expression may determine the therapeutic efficacy of shikonin against prostate cancer cells. ..
- Lee H, Huang G, Chiang H, Chiou L, Chen M, Hsieh C, et al. Multipotential mesenchymal stem cells from femoral bone marrow near the site of osteonecrosis. Stem Cells. 2003;21:190-9 pubmed
- Lu H, Sue C, Yu C, Chen S, Chen G, Chung J. Diallyl disulfide (DADS) induced apoptosis undergo caspase-3 activity in human bladder cancer T24 cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2004;42:1543-52 pubmed..DADS also increased cyclin E and decreased CDK2 gene expression which may lead to the G2/M arrest of T24 cells. ..
- Lin H, Lui W, Liu T, Chi C. Reversal of Taxol resistance in hepatoma by cyclosporin A: involvement of the PI-3 kinase-AKT 1 pathway. Br J Cancer. 2003;88:973-80 pubmed..Our results indicate that the combination of cyclosporin A and Taxol is effective in the reversal of Taxol resistance through the inhibition of PI3 kinase-AKT1 pathway. ..
- Kok S, Cheng S, Hong C, Lee J, Lin S, Kuo Y, et al. Norcantharidin-induced apoptosis in oral cancer cells is associated with an increase of proapoptotic to antiapoptotic protein ratio. Cancer Lett. 2005;217:43-52 pubmed..Since oral cancer cells with mutant p53 or elevated Bcl-XL levels showed resistance to multiple chemotherapeutic agents, NCTD may overcome the chemoresistance of these cells and provide potential new avenues for treatment. ..
- Ho M, Chang J, Wu S, Chung Y, Chen C, Hung S, et al. A novel terminal differentiation model of human articular chondrocytes in three-dimensional cultures mimicking chondrocytic changes in osteoarthritis. Cell Biol Int. 2006;30:288-94 pubmed..Terminal differentiation is shown by this model of three-dimensional cultured human articular chondrocytes, which could apply to the studies of the cellular mechanisms of osteoarthritis. ..
- Hsu W, Suen J, Chiang B. The role of CD4CD25 T cells in autoantibody production in murine lupus. Clin Exp Immunol. 2006;145:513-9 pubmed..These findings indicated that CD4(+)CD25(+) T cells might be involved in the regulatory mechanism of autoantibody production. ..
- Hsu H, Houng J, Kuo C, Tsao N, Wu Y. Glossogin, a novel phenylpropanoid from Glossogyne tenuifolia, induced apoptosis in A549 lung cancer cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46:3785-91 pubmed publisher..Hence, our findings showed that glossogin exhibited potential anticancer activity against lung cancer through proliferating inhibition and apoptosis induction of cancer cells. ..
- Yu C, Chiou G, Lee Y, Chang Y, Huang P, Cheng Y, et al. Medulloblastoma-derived tumor stem-like cells acquired resistance to TRAIL-induced apoptosis and radiosensitivity. Childs Nerv Syst. 2010;26:897-904 pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular mechanisms by which to operate the physiological characteristics in MB-TSC cells offers attractive approach for MB treatment. ..
- Ulusal B, Ulusal A, Wei F, Lin C. Allograft mass as a possible contributing factor to the skin transplant outcome. J Surg Res. 2010;161:321-7 pubmed publisher..1 to 33.5% in skin flaps transplanted with the entire hindlimb or a part of it. The transplanted tissue burden as well as the tissue type can be an important factor for the skin transplant outcome. ..
- Liang Y, Kuo H, Lin C, Chen Y, Yang B, Cheng Y, et al. Switching of the core structures of glycosphingolipids from globo- and lacto- to ganglio-series upon human embryonic stem cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22564-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, unique glycan structures uncovered by MS analyses may serve as surface markers for further delineation of hESCs and help identify of their functional roles not only in hESCs but also in cancers. ..
- Chen Y, Sun C, Lin Y, Chang L, Chen Y, Tsai T, et al. Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell protects kidneys against ischemia-reperfusion injury through suppressing oxidative stress and inflammatory reaction. J Transl Med. 2011;9:51 pubmed publisher..02) ADMSC therapy minimized kidney damage after IR injury through suppressing oxidative stress and inflammatory response. ..
- Hsing C, Cheng H, Hsu Y, Chan C, Yeh C, Li C, et al. Upregulated IL-19 in breast cancer promotes tumor progression and affects clinical outcome. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:713-25 pubmed publisher..High IL-19 expression in breast cancer tissue is associated with a poor clinical outcome. IL-19 is pivotal in the pathogenesis of breast cancer. ..
- Wu V, Young G, Huang P, Lo S, Wang K, Sun C, et al. In acute kidney injury, indoxyl sulfate impairs human endothelial progenitor cells: modulation by statin. Angiogenesis. 2013;16:609-24 pubmed publisher..Targeting the IS-mediated pathways by NO-releasing statins such as atorvastatin may preempt disordered vascular wall pathology, and represent a novel EPC-rescued approach to impaired neovascularization after AKI. ..
- Liu J, Chao J, Jiang M, Ng S, Yen J, Yang Yen H. Ras transformation results in an elevated level of cyclin D1 and acceleration of G1 progression in NIH 3T3 cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:3654-63 pubmed..This may account for the further shortening of the G1 phase of these cells. Activation of an additional Ras-independent pathway was suggested to be responsible for the further acceleration of the G1 phase in Src transformants. ..
- Chang H, Lindberg F, Wang H, Huang A, Lee E. Impaired memory retention and decreased long-term potentiation in integrin-associated protein-deficient mice. Learn Mem. 1999;6:448-57 pubmed..These results together demonstrate that IAP plays an important role in the process of memory formation and synaptic plasticity in mice. ..
- Chen Y, Shen S, Lee W, Lin H, Ko C, Shih C, et al. Wogonin and fisetin induction of apoptosis through activation of caspase 3 cascade and alternative expression of p21 protein in hepatocellular carcinoma cells SK-HEP-1. Arch Toxicol. 2002;76:351-9 pubmed
- Ko C, Shen S, Chen Y. Hydroxylation at C4' or C6 is essential for apoptosis-inducing activity of flavanone through activation of the caspase-3 cascade and production of reactive oxygen species. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004;36:897-910 pubmed..This suggests that hydroxylation at C4' or C6 is important to the apoptosis-inducing activities of flavanone through ROS production, and that activation of the caspase-3 cascade, downstream of caspase-9 activation, is involved. ..
- Lin S, Chen K, Lin C, Kuo C, Ling Q, Chan C. The quantitative analysis of peripheral blood FOXP3-expressing T cells in systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis patients. Eur J Clin Invest. 2007;37:987-96 pubmed..Therefore, the analysis on peripheral blood FOXP3+ T cells may be useful for the evaluation of lupus disease activity. ..
- Peng S, Chu T, Wang I, Chung W, Yu K, Tsaihong J, et al. Infection of normal C3H/HeN mice with Taenia saginata asiatica oncospheres. Res Vet Sci. 2009;86:261-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Th1 cells played a major role in the immune response in C3H/HeN mice during the early stages of the oncosphere infection and that the Th2 response was not induced during the stage of cysticercus formation. ..
- Wu W, Ho L, Chang D, Chen C, Lai J. Triggering of DC migration by dengue virus stimulation of COX-2-dependent signaling cascades in vitro highlights the significance of these cascades beyond inflammation. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:3413-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study reveals not only the pathways involved in COX-2 synthesis in DV-infected DC but also the autocrine action of PGE2 on the migration of DV-infected DC. ..
- Su J, Lin K, Chien C, Tseng C, Chen Y, Chang L, et al. Naphtho[1,2-b]furan-4,5-dione inactivates EGFR and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells. Life Sci. 2010;86:207-13 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that EGFR and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways play important roles in NFD-induced apoptosis of A549 cells. ..
- Cheng H, Su S, Huang L, Hsieh B, Hu Y, Hung T, et al. Arecoline induces HA22T/VGH hepatoma cells to undergo anoikis - involvement of STAT3 and RhoA activation. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:126 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we explored the fate of the detached HA22T/VGH cells and investigated the underlying mechanism...
- Hou C, Chiang Y, Fong Y, Tang C. WISP-1 increases MMP-2 expression and cell motility in human chondrosarcoma cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;81:1286-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicated that WISP-1 enhances the migration of chondrosarcoma cells by increasing MMP-2 expression through the ?5?1 integrin receptor, FAK, MEK, ERK, p65 and NF-?B signal transduction pathway. ..
- Chen C, Liou S, Chen C, Chen W, Hu F, Wang I, et al. Coenzyme Q10 reduces ethanol-induced apoptosis in corneal fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19111 pubmed publisher..These findings support the proposition that CoQ(10) plays an antiapoptotic role in corneal fibroblasts after ethanol exposure. ..
- Liang Y, Yang B, Chen J, Lin Y, Huang C, Cheng Y, et al. Changes in glycosphingolipid composition during differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to ectodermal or endodermal lineages. Stem Cells. 2011;29:1995-2004 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that changes in GSLs are closely associated with lineage specificity and differentiation of hESCs. ..
- Liu W, Chang L. Suppression of Akt/Foxp3-mediated miR-183 expression blocks Sp1-mediated ADAM17 expression and TNF?-mediated NF?B activation in piceatannol-treated human leukemia U937 cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:670-80 pubmed publisher..Consequently, piceatannol suppresses TNF? shedding, leading to inhibition of TNF?/NF?B pathway. ..
- Lin S, Yen P, Peng C, Tung Y. Single channel layer, single sheath-flow inlet microfluidic flow cytometer with three-dimensional hydrodynamic focusing. Lab Chip. 2012;12:3135-41 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the 3D hydrodynamic focusing channel design can also be applied to various applications that can advance the lab on a chip research. ..
- Ho Y, Wu C, Chou H, Wang Y, Tseng H, Chen C, et al. Molecular mechanisms of econazole-induced toxicity on human colon cancer cells: G0/G1 cell cycle arrest and caspase 8-independent apoptotic signaling pathways. Food Chem Toxicol. 2005;43:1483-95 pubmed..Our findings highlight the molecular mechanisms underlying the Eco-induced toxicity on colon cancer cells. ..
- Tsai M, Wang C, Chang G, Chen C, Chen H, Cheng C, et al. A new tumor suppressor DnaJ-like heat shock protein, HLJ1, and survival of patients with non-small-cell lung carcinoma. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006;98:825-38 pubmed..5% and 95.2%) of the HLJ1 locus at chromosome 1p31.1. HLJ1 is a novel tumor suppressor in NSCLC, and high HLJ1 expression is associated with reduced cancer recurrence and prolonged survival of NSCLC patients. ..
- Ho J, Chuang C, Ho C, Shih Y, Lee O, Su Y. Internalization is essential for the antiapoptotic effects of exogenous thymosin beta-4 on human corneal epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:27-33 pubmed..This is the first report to demonstrate that the internalization of exogenous Tbeta(4) is essential for its antiapoptotic activity in human corneal epithelial cells. ..
- Lin H, Yang M, Wu C, Chen P, Yang Y, Chu Y, et al. 2-Methoxyestradiol attenuates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway-mediated metastasis of gastric cancer. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:2547-55 pubmed..We conclude that the activation of PI3K/Akt pathway is involved in the late-stage progression and metastasis of gastric cancer, and attenuation of p-Akt by 2-ME suppresses metastasis. ..
- Lu L, Chu J, Lu P, Sung P, Hsu C, Tseng J. Expression of intracellular transforming growth factor-beta1 in CD4+CD25+ cells in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2008;41:165-73 pubmed..This study suggests that TGF-beta1, by inducing CD4+CD25+ cells, has potential clinical application in treating SLE. ..
- Lin P, Lin J, Yang S, Wang H, Li A, Chang S. Expression of beta-F1-ATPase and mitochondrial transcription factor A and the change in mitochondrial DNA content in colorectal cancer: clinical data analysis and evidence from an in vitro study. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2008;23:1223-32 pubmed publisher..Mitochondrial dysfunction may be associated with poor outcomes in CRC patients. ..
- Huang P, Chen Y, Tsai H, Chen J, Wu T, Lin F, et al. Intake of red wine increases the number and functional capacity of circulating endothelial progenitor cells by enhancing nitric oxide bioavailability. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:869-77 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RW ingestion may alter the biology of EPC, and these alterations may contribute to its unique cardiovascular-protective effect. ..
- Lee T, Lin Y, Huang Y. Kaerophyllin inhibits hepatic stellate cell activation by apoptotic bodies from hepatocytes. Liver Int. 2011;31:618-29 pubmed publisher..Kaerophyllin inhibited AB-induced LX-2 activation and migration with downregulation of Akt/ERK phosphorylations and NF-?B activity. Our study suggests a novel platform for screening anti-fibrotic compounds with ABs. ..
- Yang C, Tai M, Lin C, Lu C, Wang J, Hsiao J, et al. Mechanism of cellular uptake and impact of ferucarbotran on macrophage physiology. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25524 pubmed publisher..We concluded that Ferucarbotran was internalized into macrophages via the clathrin-mediated pathway and can change the cellular behavior of these cells after labeling. ..
- Shen S, Yang Y. Antigen delivery for cross priming via the emulsion vaccine adjuvants. Vaccine. 2012;30:1560-71 pubmed publisher..Results presented in this study have demonstrated the roles of emulsion adjuvants in induction of cell death and delivery of exogenous antigens for cross-priming, leading to stimulation of antigen-specific immune responses. ..
- Liu K, Lai C, Lee Y, Wang S, Chen R, Jan J, et al. Curcumin's pre-incubation temperature affects its inhibitory potency toward amyloid fibrillation and fibril-induced cytotoxicity of lysozyme. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:1774-86 pubmed publisher..We believe that the results from this research may contribute to the development of effective therapeutics for amyloidoses. ..
- Lin T, Huang C, Au L, Chang Y, Hu C, Lin S. A cysteine-reactive alkyl hydroquinone modifies topoisomerase II?, enhances DNA breakage, and induces apoptosis in cancer cells. Chem Res Toxicol. 2012;25:2340-51 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the anticancer activity of HQ17(3) is attributed significantly to Topo II? poisoning. The structural feature of HQ17(3) can be used as a model for the design of Topo II? inhibitors and anticancer drugs. ..
- Huang P, Chen C, Lin C, Wang C, Tsai H, Lo W, et al. Deletion of FHL2 gene impaired ischemia-induced blood flow recovery by modulating circulating proangiogenic cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:709-17 pubmed publisher..Deficiency of FHL2 impairs ischemia-induced neovascularization, and these suppressive effects may occur through a reduction in proangiogenic cell mobilization, migration, and vasculogenesis functions. ..
- Lo T, Tsai W, Chen S. MicroRNA-21-3p, a berberine-induced miRNA, directly down-regulates human methionine adenosyltransferases 2A and 2B and inhibits hepatoma cell growth. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75628 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrate that miR-21-3p functions as a tumor suppressor by directly targeting both MAT2A and MAT2B, indicating its therapeutic potential in HCC. ..
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Hsu Y, Chiu W, Tsai C, Hu S, et al. Synthetic Î²-nitrostyrene derivative CYT-Rx20 as inhibitor of oral cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth through glutathione suppression and reactive oxygen species induction. Head Neck. 2017;39:1055-1064 pubmed publisher..CYT-Rx20 has the potential to be further developed into an antioral cancer drug clinically. Â© 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Head Neck 39: 1055-1064, 2017. ..
- Liang Y, Chen C, Juang S, Lai L, Shyu K, Wang B, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta agonists attenuated the C-reactive protein-induced pro-inflammation in cardiomyocytes and H9c2 cardiomyoblasts. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;643:84-92 pubmed publisher..However, PPARdelta activation attenuated CRP-induced NF-kappaB pathway may be independent of CD32. These results may provide new evidence of PPARdelta beneficial effects for inflammatory cardiomyopathy. ..
- Chien M, Ying T, Hsieh Y, Chang Y, Yeh C, Ko J, et al. Dioscorea nipponica Makino inhibits migration and invasion of human oral cancer HSC-3 cells by transcriptional inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-2 through modulation of CREB and AP-1 activity. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:558-66 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DNE inhibited the invasion of oral cancer cells and may have potential use as a chemopreventive agent against oral cancer metastasis. ..
- Hung T, Lin C, Hsu T, Wu C, Wong C. Investigation of SSEA-4 binding protein in breast cancer cells. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:5934-7 pubmed publisher..By using affinity capture and glycan microarray techniques, the intracellular FK-506 binding protein 4 (FKBP4) was identified to bind directly to SSEA-4. The biological significance of SSEA-4/FKBP4 interaction was investigated. ..
- Sheu J, Hsiao G, Luk H, Chen Y, Chen T, Lee L, et al. Mechanisms involved in the antiplatelet activity of midazolam in human platelets. Anesthesiology. 2002;96:651-8 pubmed
- Kuo F, Wu D, Yuan S, Hsiao K, Wang Y, Yang Y, et al. Effects of arecoline in relaxing human umbilical vessels and inhibiting endothelial cell growth. J Perinat Med. 2005;33:399-405 pubmed..Higher doses of arecoline inhibit endothelial cell growth, which suggest that long-term use or high doses of areca nut might induce endothelial dysfunction and associated diseases. ..
- Tsai W, Hsu H, Lin C, Ho C, Kou Y. Role of interleukin-8 and growth-regulated oncogene-alpha in the chemotactic migration of all-trans retinoic acid-treated promyelocytic leukemic cells toward alveolar epithelial cells. Crit Care Med. 2007;35:879-85 pubmed..IL-8 and GRO-alpha secreted from alveolar epithelial cells play an important role in the cell-cell interaction involved in the chemotactic transmigration of ATRA-treated APL cells toward alveolar epithelial cells. ..
- Chou Y, Ho Y, Wu C, Chai C, Chen S, Lee C, et al. Tubulozole-induced G2/M cell cycle arrest in human colon cancer cells through formation of microtubule polymerization mediated by ERK1/2 and Chk1 kinase activation. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007;45:1356-67 pubmed..These results imply that ERK1/2 mediated Chk1 activation may be play an important role in determining TUBU induced G2/M arrest or apoptosis in COLO 205 cells. ..
- Tsai Y, Lee K, Huang J, Liu Y, Juo S, Kuo W, et al. Arecoline, a major alkaloid of areca nut, inhibits p53, represses DNA repair, and triggers DNA damage response in human epithelial cells. Toxicology. 2008;249:230-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed that p53 mRNA transcripts were frequently down-regulated in BQ-associated oral cancer, suggesting that arecoline-mediated p53 inhibition might play a role in BQ-associated tumorigenesis. ..
- Chang S, Chou S, Yu S. Dexamethasone reduces mitomycin C-related inflammatory cytokine expression without inducing further cell death in corneal fibroblasts. Wound Repair Regen. 2010;18:59-69 pubmed publisher..Combined MMC and DEX treatment may facilitate corneal wound healing. ..
- Ong E, Hwang T, Huang Y, Lin C, Wu W. Vitisin B, a resveratrol tetramer, inhibits migration through inhibition of PDGF signaling and enhancement of cell adhesiveness in cultured vascular smooth muscle cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;256:198-208 pubmed publisher..The anti-migratory effect was through a potent inhibition on PDGF signaling and novel enhancement on cell adhesion. ..
- Wu W, Lai Y, Hsieh M, Chang Y, Wu M, Wu H, et al. Pleiotropic role of atorvastatin in regulation of human retinal pigment epithelial cell behaviors in vitro. Exp Eye Res. 2011;93:842-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, AVN treatment may be considered a useful therapy for proliferative vitreoretinal diseases. ..
- Chung L, Tsui K, Feng T, Lee S, Chang P, Juang H. L-Mimosine blocks cell proliferation via upregulation of B-cell translocation gene 2 and N-myc downstream regulated gene 1 in prostate carcinoma cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;302:C676-85 pubmed publisher..L-Mimosine enhanced expression of Btg2 and Ndrg1, which attenuated cell proliferation of the PC-3 and LNCaP prostate carcinoma cells. ..
- Chien P, Yeh J, Shih C, Hsueh Y, Chen M, Chiu H. A decrease in the percentage of CD3+ cells is correlated with clinical improvement during plasmapheresis in patients with myasthenia gravis. Artif Organs. 2013;37:211-6 pubmed publisher..0444), whereas they had increased NK cells (P?=?0.0197) after a single DFPP session. Here, transiently decreased percentages of T-cells after the full DFPP course could enhance the effectiveness of plasmapheresis for MG patients...
- Huang Y, Hung J, Cheung S, Lee H, Chu K, Li S, et al. Carbohydrate-based vaccines with a glycolipid adjuvant for breast cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:2517-22 pubmed publisher..We, therefore, further developed SSEA4-DT/C34 as a vaccine candidate, and after immunization, it was found that the elicited antibodies are also IgG-dominant and very specific for SSEA4. ..
- Chen C, Yeh M, Shiau C, Chiang C, Lu D. Efficient downregulation of VEGF in retinal pigment epithelial cells by integrin ligand-labeled liposome-mediated siRNA delivery. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:2613-27 pubmed publisher..This integrin ligand-modified liposomal delivery system has therapeutic potential for ocular gene therapy. ..
- Ma Y, Yang I, Tsai H, Huang C, Juo S, Wang J. High glucose modulates antiproliferative effect and cytotoxicity of 5-fluorouracil in human colon cancer cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2014;33:64-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HG attenuates growth inhibition of 5-FU and our results indicate that decreased cell death and increased DNA replication may account for the attenuating effect of a HG environment on 5-FU-induced tumor growth inhibition. ..
- Chang S, Shen S, Lee W, Yang L, Chen Y. Imatinib mesylate induction of ROS-dependent apoptosis in melanoma B16F0 cells. J Dermatol Sci. 2011;62:183-91 pubmed publisher..Our results support the idea that ROS-dependent apoptosis in STI571-treated melanoma cells B16F0. The combination of a JNK inhibitor with STI571 for treating melanomas is suggested for further in vivo studies. ..
- Shan L, Deng K, Gao H, Xing S, Capoferri A, Durand C, et al. Transcriptional Reprogramming during Effector-to-Memory Transition Renders CD4+ T Cells Permissive for Latent HIV-1 Infection. Immunity. 2017;47:766-775.e3 pubmed publisher..Establishment of latent HIV-1 infection in CD4+ T could be inhibited by viral-specific CD8+ T cells, a result with implications for elimination of latent HIV-1 infection by T cell-based vaccines. ..
- Tseng Y, Wu W, Hsu C, Peng H, Huang T. Inhibitory effects of human alpha2-macroglobulin and mouse serum on the PSGL-1 and glycoprotein Ib proteolysis by a snake venom metalloproteinase, triflamp. Toxicon. 2004;43:769-77 pubmed..This study provides direct evidences for the reasonable explanation regarding the reduced proteolytic activity of triflamp toward its substrates in whole blood preparation and in vivo model...
- Lee P, Kakadiya R, Su T, Lee T. Combination of bifunctional alkylating agent and arsenic trioxide synergistically suppresses the growth of drug-resistant tumor cells. Neoplasia. 2010;12:376-87 pubmed..Taken together, the present study reveals that a combination of bifunctional alkylating agents and ATO may be a rational strategy for treating cancers with inherited or acquired drug resistance. ..
- Yang Y, Shen S. Enhanced antigen delivery via cell death induced by the vaccine adjuvants. Vaccine. 2007;25:7763-72 pubmed..It was concluded that co-treatment of macrophages with the emulsion adjuvants and the adjuvant-induced dead cells facilitated delivery of soluble antigens, via both phagocytosis and macropinocytosis, into the antigen-presenting cells. ..
- Hsiao F, Cheng C, Peng S, Huang H, Lian W, Jan M, et al. Isolation of therapeutically functional mouse bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells within 3 h by an effective single-step plastic-adherent method. Cell Prolif. 2010;43:235-48 pubmed publisher..These cells are suitable for various mechanistic and therapeutic studies in the mouse model. ..
- Liu W, Hsiao H, Tsou W, Lai M. Notch inhibits apoptosis by direct interference with XIAP ubiquitination and degradation. EMBO J. 2007;26:1660-9 pubmed..This antiapoptotic activity of Notch was abolished when XIAP was knocked down. Our results reveal a novel mechanism for Notch-selective suppression of apoptosis through an increase in the stability of a key antiapoptotic protein, XIAP. ..
- Chien C, Yao J, Chang S, Lee P, Lee T. Enhanced suppression of tumor growth by concomitant treatment of human lung cancer cells with suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid and arsenic trioxide. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;257:59-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SAHA may cause chromatin relaxation and increase cellular susceptibility to ATO-induced DNA damage. Combined administration of SAHA and ATO may be an effective approach to the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Hsu J, Ho Y, Li T, Chen C, Hsu L, Guh J. Rottlerin potentiates camptothecin-induced cytotoxicity in human hormone refractory prostate cancers through increased formation and stabilization of topoisomerase I-DNA cleavage complexes in a PKC?-independent pathway. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:59-67 pubmed publisher..The novel discovery may provide an anticancer approach of combinatory use between rottlerin and camptothecin for the treatment of HRPCs. ..
- Tang C, Yang R, Liou H, Fu W. Enhancement of fibronectin synthesis and fibrillogenesis by BMP-4 in cultured rat osteoblast. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:502-11 pubmed..ERK is involved in the signaling pathway of BMP-4 in regulating Fn fibrillogenesis in osteoblasts. ..
- Lin C, Huang S, Liang Y, Lin M, Shih C, Chang Y, et al. Isovitexin suppresses lipopolysaccharide-mediated inducible nitric oxide synthase through inhibition of NF-kappa B in mouse macrophages. Planta Med. 2005;71:748-53 pubmed..These results suggest that isovitexin, a food phytochemical contained in dietary rice products, might have biological significance. ..
- Chen T, Chang S. Effect of mitomycin C on IL-1R expression, IL-1-related hepatocyte growth factor secretion and corneal epithelial cell migration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1389-96 pubmed publisher..MMC alone did not alter HGF expression. In the presence of IL-1beta, MMC-treated corneal fibroblasts modified HCE cell migration through IL-1beta-induced HGF secretion. ..
- Lin S, Chueh S, Hsiao C, Li T, Chen T, Liao C, et al. Prazosin displays anticancer activity against human prostate cancers: targeting DNA and cell cycle. Neoplasia. 2007;9:830-9 pubmed..Subsequently, mitochondria-mediated caspase cascades are triggered to induce apoptosis in PC-3 cells. ..
- Huang H, Yu H, Huang L, Huang H, Chen R, Lin I, et al. miRNA-125b regulates TNF-? production in CD14+ neonatal monocytes via post-transcriptional regulation. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;92:171-82 pubmed publisher..Modulation of miRNA expression may be used to regulate TNF-? production in newborns with altered proinflammatory reactions. ..
- Liu J, Wang Y, Chen C, Yu C, Chen L, Lin J, et al. Molecular mechanisms of G0/G1 cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis induced by terfenadine in human cancer cells. Mol Carcinog. 2003;37:39-50 pubmed..Our study showed the molecular mechanisms for TF-induced cell growth inhibition and the occurrence of apoptosis in human cancer cells. ..
- Chan C, Cheng L, Lu J, Huang Y, Chiou S, Tsai P, et al. The role of interferon-? inducible protein-10 in a mouse model of acute liver injury post induced pluripotent stem cells transplantation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50577 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that IP-10 may have an important regulatory role in facilitating the repair and regeneration of injured liver after iPS transplantation. ..
- Yang L, Wang M, Chen L, Wang C. Cytotoxic activity of coumarins from the fruits of Cnidium monnieri on leukemia cell lines. Planta Med. 2003;69:1091-5 pubmed..These results indicate that osthol and imperatorin can induce apoptosis in HL-60 cells. Therefore, osthol and imperatorin are cytotoxic marker substances in the fruits of Cnidium monnieri. ..
- Chang Y, Chen T, Wu G, Hsiao G, Shen M, Lin K, et al. Mechanisms involved in the antiplatelet activity of ketamine in human platelets. J Biomed Sci. 2004;11:764-72 pubmed
- Chang C, Chiu J, Tseng L, Chang C, Chien T, Chen C, et al. Si-Wu-Tang and its constituents promote mammary duct cell proliferation by up-regulation of HER-2 signaling. Menopause. 2006;13:967-76 pubmed..This provides important information for perimenopausal women who are at risk of or have breast cancer or other growths in breast tissue. ..
- Lee T, Lin Y, Huang Y. Studies on antiproliferative effects of phthalides from Ligusticum chuanxiong in hepatic stellate cells. Planta Med. 2007;73:527-34 pubmed..They might be potential anti-fibrotic drugs for the treatment and prevention of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Chen C, Liang C, Chen Y, Tai M, Lu D, Chen J. Glucosamine modulates TNF-?-induced ICAM-1 expression and function through O-linked and N-linked glycosylation in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:2281-91 pubmed publisher..These effects may contribute to the GlcN-mediated anti-inflammatory effects in the eye. ..
- Ai L, Lee S, Chen S, Liao F. Molecular characterization of CCR6: involvement of multiple domains in ligand binding and receptor signaling. J Biomed Sci. 2004;11:818-28 pubmed..These results suggest that not only ECDs but also transmembrane and intracellular domains of CCR5 are involved in both ligand binding and coreceptor activity. ..