Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fertilization in France
- Theau ClÃ©ment M, Ailloud E, Sanchez A, Saleil G, Brun J. Relationships between rabbit semen characteristics and fertilising ability after insemination. Animal. 2016;10:426-31 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, a gain of 1.5 rabbits was observed when the percentage of rapid cells changed from 64% to 79%, whereas productivity significantly dropped beyond 83% of rapid cells, reflecting a non-linear relationship. ..
- Ferreira M, Sanchez E, Gatimel N, Fajau C, Lesourd F, Bujan L, et al. Parenthood and separation in couples 6 years after their first infertility consultation. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;198:7-11 pubmed publisher..5%) of FCC, mainly in those without any children (28% vs 4% in FCC with at least one child; P<.0001). Six years after their primary consultation, 25% of couples remained childless and 28% of them were separated. ..
- Travert C, Carreau S, Galeraud Denis I. [In vitro capacitation]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil. 2009;37:523-8 pubmed publisher..The reactive oxygen species (ROS) seem to be important in the control of mechanisms involved in capacitation. ..
- Auer J, Camoin L, Courtot A, Hotellier F, De Almeida M. Evidence that P36, a human sperm acrosomal antigen involved in the fertilization process is triosephosphate isomerase. Mol Reprod Dev. 2004;68:515-23 pubmed..We also demonstrated the presence of TPI in human sperm heads. Further studies are underway to establish whether there is a sperm-specific isoform of TPI and its role in sperm function. ..
- Sebastián Escobar J, Epinat G, Sarda V, David P. No correlation between inbreeding depression and delayed selfing in the freshwater snail Physa acuta. Evolution. 2007;61:2655-70 pubmed..In agreement with recent models, this result shows that mutational variance rather than differential purging accounts for most of the genetic variance in inbreeding depression within a population. ..
- Comizzoli P, Urner F, Sakkas D, Renard J. Up-regulation of glucose metabolism during male pronucleus formation determines the early onset of the s phase in bovine zygotes. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:1934-40 pubmed..This long-lasting paternal effect is more evidence of the important role of epigenetic control during early embryo development. ..
- Bui L, Evsikov A, Khan D, Archilla C, Peynot N, Henaut A, et al. Retrotransposon expression as a defining event of genome reprogramming in fertilized and cloned bovine embryos. Reproduction. 2009;138:289-99 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results open a new avenue in the quest to understand nuclear reprogramming driven by oocyte cytoplasm. ..
- Mugnier S, Boittin S, Douet C, Monget P, Magistrini M, Goudet G. The involvement of beta-1,4-Galactosyltransferase and N-Acetylglucosamine residues in fertilization has been lost in the horse. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2008;6:51 pubmed publisher..The involvement of Galactosyltransferase and N-Acetylglucosamine residues in sperm-zona pellucida binding may have been lost during evolution in some ungulates, such as porcine and equine species. ..
- Bourc his D, Voinnet O. A small-RNA perspective on gametogenesis, fertilization, and early zygotic development. Science. 2010;330:617-22 pubmed publisher..Striking parallels exist in the biogenesis and modus operandi of these molecules among diverse taxa, unraveling universal themes of small-RNA-mediated epigenetic reprogramming during sexual reproduction. ..
- Aze A, Fayet C, Lapasset L, Genevière A. Replication origins are already licensed in G1 arrested unfertilized sea urchin eggs. Dev Biol. 2010;340:557-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into the mechanisms contributing to the release of G1 arrest and the control of S-phase entry at fertilization. ..
- Salaun P, Boulben S, Mulner Lorillon O, Belle R, Sonenberg N, Morales J, et al. Embryonic-stage-dependent changes in the level of eIF4E-binding proteins during early development of sea urchin embryos. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1385-94 pubmed..Consequently, these data suggest that eIF4E availability to other partners represents an important determinant of the early development of sea urchin embryos. ..
- Uzbekova S, Arlot Bonnemains Y, Dupont J, Dalbies Tran R, Papillier P, Pennetier S, et al. Spatio-temporal expression patterns of aurora kinases a, B, and C and cytoplasmic polyadenylation-element-binding protein in bovine oocytes during meiotic maturation. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:218-33 pubmed
- Tassan J, Le Guellec K, Kress M, Faure M, Camonis J, Jacquet M, et al. In Xenopus laevis, the product of a developmentally regulated mRNA is structurally and functionally homologous to a Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein involved in translation fidelity. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:2815-21 pubmed..Our discovery of a structural and functional homolog in Xenopus cells implies that the function of SUP45 is not restricted to lower eukaryotes and that the SUP45 protein may perform a crucial cellular function in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Fahiminiya S, Gerard N. [Follicular fluid in mammals]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil. 2010;38:402-4 pubmed publisher..The aim of this paper is to review current knowledge on the formation, composition and roles of follicular fluid. ..
- Coen O, Fiume E, Xu W, De Vos D, Lu J, Pechoux C, et al. Developmental patterning of the sub-epidermal integument cell layer in Arabidopsis seeds. Development. 2017;144:1490-1497 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates the different responses of epidermal and sub-epidermal integument cell layers to fertilization. ..
- Proudhon C, Duffié R, Ajjan S, Cowley M, Iranzo J, Carbajosa G, et al. Protection against de novo methylation is instrumental in maintaining parent-of-origin methylation inherited from the gametes. Mol Cell. 2012;47:909-20 pubmed publisher..Here we provide evidence that protection against de novo methylation acts as an equal major pivot, at implantation and throughout life...
- Meslin C, Mugnier S, Callebaut I, Laurin M, Pascal G, Poupon A, et al. Evolution of genes involved in gamete interaction: evidence for positive selection, duplications and losses in vertebrates. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44548 pubmed publisher..Our work should improve our understanding of the fertilization process and on the establishment of reproductive barriers, for example by offering new leads for experiments on genes identified as positively selected...
- Cassan Wang H, Soler M, Yu H, Camargo E, Carocha V, Ladouce N, et al. Reference genes for high-throughput quantitative reverse transcription-PCR analysis of gene expression in organs and tissues of Eucalyptus grown in various environmental conditions. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:2101-16 pubmed publisher
- Lahmy S, Guilleminot J, Cheng C, Bechtold N, Albert S, Pelletier G, et al. DOMINO1, a member of a small plant-specific gene family, encodes a protein essential for nuclear and nucleolar functions. Plant J. 2004;39:809-20 pubmed..Using a GFP protein fusion, we show that DOMINO1 is targeted to the nucleus. We propose that inactivation of DOMINO1 has a negative effect on ribosome biogenesis and on the rate of cell division. ..
- Ghillebaert F, Chaillou C, Deschamps F, Roubaud P. Toxic effects, at three pH levels, of two reference molecules on common carp embryo. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 1995;32:19-28 pubmed..The toxicological interpretation of these results is discussed. They confirm the need of multifactorial methods for toxic risks and effects assessment on fish early life stages in the environment. ..
- Cabrillac D, Cock J, Dumas C, Gaude T. The S-locus receptor kinase is inhibited by thioredoxins and activated by pollen coat proteins. Nature. 2001;410:220-3 pubmed publisher..This inhibition is released in a haplotype-specific manner by the addition of pollen coat proteins. Our data indicate that SRK is inhibited by thioredoxins and activated by pollen coat proteins...
- Husson D, Chaput D, Bautz A, Davet J, Durand D, Dournon C, et al. Design of specific hardware to obtain embryos and maintain adult urodele amphibians aboard a space station. Adv Space Res. 2001;27:433-45 pubmed..The hardware was adapted to and is compatible with biological requirements as confirmed by three experiments performed in space on board the orbital MIR station...
- Maury B, Martinand Mari C, Chambon J, Soule J, Degols G, Sahuquet A, et al. Fertilization regulates apoptosis of Ciona intestinalis extra-embryonic cells through thyroxine (T4)-dependent NF-kappaB pathway activation during early embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2006;289:152-65 pubmed..Overall, the data are consistent for defining a central coupling role of both T4 and NF-kappaB during early embryo development...
- Vuilleumier R, Besseau L, Boeuf G, Piparelli A, Gothilf Y, Gehring W, et al. Starting the zebrafish pineal circadian clock with a single photic transition. Endocrinology. 2006;147:2273-9 pubmed
- Oulhen N, Salaun P, Cosson B, Cormier P, Morales J. After fertilization of sea urchin eggs, eIF4G is post-translationally modified and associated with the cap-binding protein eIF4E. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:425-34 pubmed..This hypothesis is strengthened by the evidence that microinjection of the cap analog m(7)GDP into unfertilized eggs inhibits the first mitotic division. ..
- Borghol N, Blachère T, Lefevre A. Transcriptional and epigenetic status of protamine 1 and 2 genes following round spermatids injection into mouse oocytes. Genomics. 2008;91:415-22 pubmed publisher..The comparison with gene reprogramming occurring during nuclear transfer makes ROSI embryos an attractive model to study the mechanisms involved in gene silencing elicited by the oocyte...
- Belle R, Prigent S, Siegel A, Cormier P. Model of cap-dependent translation initiation in sea urchin: a step towards the eukaryotic translation regulation network. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:257-64 pubmed publisher..It could also be coupled with an existing model designed for cell-cycle control. Therefore, the cap-dependent translation initiation model can be considered a first step towards the eukaryotic translation regulation network. ..
- Slama R, Kold Jensen T, Scheike T, Ducot B, Spira A, Keiding N. How would a decline in sperm concentration over time influence the probability of pregnancy?. Epidemiology. 2004;15:458-65 pubmed..The effect of realistic declines in sperm concentration on time to pregnancy may be observed only with studies that include several thousand couples. ..
- Buschiazzo J, Ialy Radio C, Auer J, Wolf J, Serres C, Lefevre B, et al. Cholesterol depletion disorganizes oocyte membrane rafts altering mouse fertilization. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62919 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight the functional importance of intact membrane rafts for mouse fertilization and its dependence on cholesterol...
- Rotman N, Gourgues M, Guitton A, Faure J, Berger F. A dialogue between the SIRENE pathway in synergids and the fertilization independent seed pathway in the central cell controls male gamete release during double fertilization in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2008;1:659-66 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that pollen tube discharge is controlled by an interaction between the synergids expressing SRN/FER and the central cell expressing FIS genes. ..
- Cau J, Faure S, Vigneron S, Labbe J, Delsert C, Morin N. Regulation of Xenopus p21-activated kinase (X-PAK2) by Cdc42 and maturation-promoting factor controls Xenopus oocyte maturation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2367-75 pubmed..We hypothesize that the X-PAK2/Cdc42 pathway could link p34(cdc2) activity to the major cytoskeleton rearrangements leading to spindle migration and anchorage to the animal pole cortex. ..
- Opsahl Ferstad H, Le Deunff E, Dumas C, Rogowsky P. ZmEsr, a novel endosperm-specific gene expressed in a restricted region around the maize embryo. Plant J. 1997;12:235-46 pubmed..The gene product may play a role in the nutrition of the developing embryo or in the establishment of a physical barrier between embryo and endosperm. ..
- Vernet P, Faure J, Dufaure J, Drevet J. Tissue and developmental distribution, dependence upon testicular factors and attachment to spermatozoa of GPX5, a murine epididymis-specific glutathione peroxidase. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;47:87-98 pubmed..These results suggest that GPX5 might play an important role in sperm maturation from the early events up to the onset of fertilization and therefore could potentially be used as a tool to monitor sperm quality. ..
- Badouel C, Chartrain I, Blot J, Tassan J. Maternal embryonic leucine zipper kinase is stabilized in mitosis by phosphorylation and is partially degraded upon mitotic exit. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2166-73 pubmed publisher..We show that the stability of MELK protein in M-phase is dependent on its phosphorylation state...
- ..Here I will discuss the role of the centrosome in cell polarity, resulting from its ability to position the nucleus at the cell center, and discuss how centrosome innovation might have been critical during metazoan evolution...
- Caplat C, Oral R, Mahaut M, Mao A, Barillier D, Guida M, et al. Comparative toxicities of aluminum and zinc from sacrificial anodes or from sulfate salt in sea urchin embryos and sperm. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2010;73:1138-43 pubmed publisher..Together, exposures to SA-dissolved Al(III) or Zn(II) resulted in lesser, if any toxicity, up to hormesis, compared to SS. Studies of metal speciation should elucidate the present results...
- Paillisson A, Dadé S, Callebaut I, Bontoux M, Dalbies Tran R, Vaiman D, et al. Identification, characterization and metagenome analysis of oocyte-specific genes organized in clusters in the mouse genome. BMC Genomics. 2005;6:76 pubmed..Understanding the biological benefits of such an organization as well as the mechanisms leading to a specific oocyte expression in these clusters now requires further investigation. ..
- Kuentz P, Vanden Meerschaut F, Elinati E, Nasr Esfahani M, Gurgan T, Iqbal N, et al. Assisted oocyte activation overcomes fertilization failure in globozoospermic patients regardless of the DPY19L2 status. Hum Reprod. 2013;28:1054-61 pubmed publisher..Does DPY19L2 status influence intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) outcomes with or without assisted oocyte activation (AOA)?..