Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in United States
Locale: United States
Publications1687 found, 100 shown here
- Krishnamurti U, Unger E. Pathobiology of human papillomaviruses in human immunodeficiency virus - Infected persons. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2017;34:364-370 pubmed publisher..In this review we will briefly explain the pathobiology of HPV in HIV-infected persons and the potential impact of secondary (screening) and primary (vaccination) prevention to reduce HPV-associated disease in those infected with HIV. ..
- Peralta Carcelen M, Carlo W, Pappas A, Vaucher Y, Yeates K, Phillips V, et al. Behavioral Problems and Socioemotional Competence at 18 to 22 Months of Extremely Premature Children. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..Sociodemographic factors were associated with both socioemotional competence and behavioral problems. Deficits in socioemotional competence were also associated with neuromotor abnormalities and cognitive and language function. ..
- Li S, Polacco M, Gosselin B, Harrington L, Titus A, Paydarfar J. Management of the thyroid gland during laryngectomy. J Laryngol Otol. 2017;131:740-744 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to: describe the incidence of thyroid gland involvement in advanced laryngeal cancer, analyse patterns of spread to the thyroid and elucidate predictors of thyroid involvement...
- Ejaz A, Schmidt C, Johnston F, Frank S, Pawlik T. Risk factors and prediction model for inpatient surgical site infection after major abdominal surgery. J Surg Res. 2017;217:153-159 pubmed publisher..37). A novel, simple 10-point SSI scoring system that incorporated perioperative risk factors such as blood transfusion, EBL, tachypnea, and the type of surgical procedure accurately stratifies patients according to SSI risk. ..
- Miller J, Fabiano A. Comparison of Operative Time with Conventional Fluoroscopy Versus Spinal Neuronavigation in Instrumented Spinal Tumor Surgery. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:412-419 pubmed publisher..There was a trend toward a decrease in estimated blood loss in the neuronavigation cases. ..
- Weinberg A, Canniff J, Rouphael N, Mehta A, Mulligan M, Whitaker J, et al. Varicella-Zoster Virus-Specific Cellular Immune Responses to the Live Attenuated Zoster Vaccine in Young and Older Adults. J Immunol. 2017;199:604-612 pubmed publisher..This may underlie their inability to contain VZV reactivation and prevent the development of HZ. ..
- Borja M, Hammerson B, Tang C, Savinova O, Shearer G, Oda M. Apolipoprotein A-I exchange is impaired in metabolic syndrome patients asymptomatic for diabetes and cardiovascular disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182217 pubmed publisher..HAE and CEC are inhibited in MetSyn patients over a broad range of absolute apoA-I and HDL particle levels, supporting the observation that this patient population bears significant residual cardiovascular disease risk. ..
- Hensley K, Hall N, Subramaniam R, Cole P, Harris M, Aksenov M, et al. Brain regional correspondence between Alzheimer's disease histopathology and biomarkers of protein oxidation. J Neurochem. 1995;65:2146-56 pubmed..These data indicate that senile plaque-dense regions of the AD brain may represent environments of elevated oxidative stress. ..
- Dehghani Firouzabadi A, McDonald T, Samms T, Sirous R, Johnson K. Disparities in HIV Clinical Outcomes among a Cohort of HIV-Infected Persons Receiving Care-Mississippi. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..4). In conclusion, we found that age and gender disparities in HIV clinical outcomes may be used to develop and implement multifaceted interventions to improve health equity among all HIV-infected patients. ..
- Searles Nielsen S, Hu S, Checkoway H, Negrete M, Palmández P, Bordianu T, et al. Parkinsonism Signs and Symptoms in Agricultural Pesticide Handlers in Washington State. J Agromedicine. 2017;22:215-221 pubmed publisher..Future studies should be larger and examine older, retired workers with greater cumulative exposure to agricultural pesticides at work and home, including other types of agricultural pesticides. ..
- Boudreau D, Yu O, Balasubramanian A, Wirtz H, Grauer A, Crittenden D, et al. A Survey of Women's Awareness of and Reasons for Lack of Postfracture Osteoporotic Care. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017;65:1829-1835 pubmed publisher..Information about individual's beliefs and knowledge gaps can help design targeted patient and provider education to improve treatment rates. ..
- Bosi E, Boulware D, Becker D, Buckner J, Geyer S, Gottlieb P, et al. Impact of Age and Antibody Type on Progression From Single to Multiple Autoantibodies in Type 1 Diabetes Relatives. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2881-2886 pubmed publisher..These differences have important implications for monitoring these patients and for designing prevention trials. ..
- Wivel A, Lapane K, Kleoudis C, Singer B, Horwitz R. Medicine Based Evidence for Individualized Decision Making: Case Study of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Am J Med. 2017;130:1290-1297.e6 pubmed publisher..The richly detailed patient profiles needed to guide decision-making in clinical practice are sharply at odds with the limited information utilized in conventional randomized controlled trial analyses. ..
- Zakrison T, Ruiz X, Namias N, Crandall M. A 20-year review of pediatric pregnant trauma from a Level I trauma center. Am J Surg. 2017;214:596-598 pubmed publisher..019). Pediatric pregnant trauma patients remain at risk of interpersonal violence, especially firearm-related injury. Screening should be instituted by obstetricians and pediatricians for primary prevention. ..
- Aherrera A, Olmedo P, Grau Perez M, Tanda S, Goessler W, Jarmul S, et al. The association of e-cigarette use with exposure to nickel and chromium: A preliminary study of non-invasive biomarkers. Environ Res. 2017;159:313-320 pubmed publisher..Increased e-cigarette use and consumption were also associated with higher Ni biomarker levels. Metal level standards are needed to prevent involuntary metal exposure among e-cigarette users. ..
- Booth B, Jones R, Turyk M, Freels S, Patel D, Stayner L, et al. Livestock and poultry density and childhood cancer incidence in nine states in the USA. Environ Res. 2017;159:444-451 pubmed publisher..Although limited by the ecologic study design, some of our findings are novel and should be examined in epidemiological studies with individual level data. ..
- Young R, Mulsant B, Sajatovic M, Gildengers A, Gyulai L, Al Jurdi R, et al. GERI-BD: A Randomized Double-Blind Controlled Trial of Lithium and Divalproex in the Treatment of Mania in Older Patients With Bipolar Disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 2017;174:1086-1093 pubmed publisher..Clinicians treating older patients with bipolar disorder with mood stabilizers need evidence from age-specific randomized controlled trials. The authors describe findings from a first such study of late-life mania...
- Young K, Siegle G, Zotev V, Phillips R, Misaki M, Yuan H, et al. Randomized Clinical Trial of Real-Time fMRI Amygdala Neurofeedback for Major Depressive Disorder: Effects on Symptoms and Autobiographical Memory Recall. Am J Psychiatry. 2017;174:748-755 pubmed publisher..These data support a role of the amygdala in recovery from depression. ..
- Klegarth A, Hollocher H, Jones Engel L, Shaw E, Lee B, Feeney T, et al. Urban primate ranging patterns: GPS-collar deployments for Macaca fascicularis and M. sylvanus. Am J Primatol. 2017;79: pubmed publisher..This study highlights how the behavioral plasticity found within the genus Macaca is reflected in ranging pattern variability within urban environments. ..
- Ganguly A, Han X, Das U, Wang L, Loi J, Sun J, et al. Hsc70 chaperone activity is required for the cytosolic slow axonal transport of synapsin. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2059-2074 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study offers insight into the molecular organization of cytosolic transport complexes and identifies a novel regulator of slow transport. ..
- Quintanilla Dieck L, Chinnadurai S, Wootten C, Goudy S, Virgin F. Pediatric post-tonsillectomy hemorrhage in the setting of post-transplantation immunosuppression. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;95:117-120 pubmed publisher..Future research, likely requiring a multi-institutional effort, could stratify by immunosuppressive agent to elucidate bleeding risk with specific medications. ..
- Dash P, Fiore Gartland A, Hertz T, Wang G, Sharma S, Souquette A, et al. Quantifiable predictive features define epitope-specific T cell receptor repertoires. Nature. 2017;547:89-93 pubmed publisher..These analyses provide insights into the generalizable, underlying features of epitope-specific repertoires and adaptive immune recognition. ..
- Groner J, Huang H, Joshi M, Eastman N, Nicholson L, Bauer J. Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Preclinical Markers of Cardiovascular Risk in Toddlers. J Pediatr. 2017;189:155-161 pubmed publisher..Further studies to define mechanisms and strategies to prevent and mitigate these risks early in life are warranted. ..
- De Angelis P, Miller R, Darrah T, Katzman P, Pressman E, Kent T, et al. Elemental content of the placenta: A comparison between two high-risk obstetrical populations, adult women carrying multiples and adolescents carrying singletons. Environ Res. 2017;158:553-565 pubmed publisher..g., Fe, Ca, Mg, and Zn) did not differ significantly between cohorts, suggesting tight regulation, whereas concentrations of environmental contaminants differed significantly between groups, even after adjusting for maternal age. ..
- Horan T, Marre A, Hassold T, Lawson C, Hunt P. Germline and reproductive tract effects intensify in male mice with successive generations of estrogenic exposure. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006885 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that male sensitivity to environmental estrogens is increased by successive generations of exposure. ..
- Metkus T, Guallar E, Sokoll L, Morrow D, Tomaselli G, Brower R, et al. Prevalence and Prognostic Association of Circulating Troponin in the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Crit Care Med. 2017;45:1709-1717 pubmed publisher..64-1.39; p = 0.93). Circulating troponin is detectable in over 90% of patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome and is associated with degree of critical illness. The magnitude of myocardial injury correlated with mortality. ..
- Xian Y, Thomas L, Liang L, Federspiel J, Webb L, Bushnell C, et al. Unexplained Variation for Hospitals' Use of Inpatient Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facilities After an Acute Ischemic Stroke. Stroke. 2017;48:2836-2842 pubmed publisher..URL: https://clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT02284165. ..
- Bogachus L, Oseid E, Bellin M, Vella A, Robertson R. Deficient Endogenous Glucose Production During Exercise After Total Pancreatectomy/Islet Autotransplantation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3288-3295 pubmed publisher..1 ± 0.4 to 14.8 ± 2.0 µmol/kg per minute (70% peak VO2; P = 0.001). Failure to increase endogenous glucose production during moderate exercise may be a key contributor to the hypoglycemia TP/IAT recipients experience. ..
- Lynes M, Leiria L, Lundh M, Bartelt A, Shamsi F, Huang T, et al. The cold-induced lipokine 12,13-diHOME promotes fatty acid transport into brown adipose tissue. Nat Med. 2017;23:631-637 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that 12,13-diHOME, or a functional analog, could be developed as a treatment for metabolic disorders. ..
- Venook A, Niedzwiecki D, Lenz H, Innocenti F, Fruth B, Meyerhardt J, et al. Effect of First-Line Chemotherapy Combined With Cetuximab or Bevacizumab on Overall Survival in Patients With KRAS Wild-Type Advanced or Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;317:2392-2401 pubmed publisher
- Cespedes Feliciano E, Prentice R, Aragaki A, Neuhouser M, Banack H, Kroenke C, et al. Methodological considerations for disentangling a risk factor's influence on disease incidence versus postdiagnosis survival: The example of obesity and breast and colorectal cancer mortality in the Women's Health Initiative. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:2281-2290 pubmed publisher..Quantitative tools allow joint modeling to compare an exposure's influence on time from enrollment to disease incidence and time from diagnosis to death. ..
- Santiago González D, Cheli V, Zamora N, Lama T, Spreuer V, Murphy G, et al. Conditional Deletion of the L-Type Calcium Channel Cav1.2 in NG2-Positive Cells Impairs Remyelination in Mice. J Neurosci. 2017;37:10038-10051 pubmed publisher..These findings could lead to novel approaches for obtaining a better understanding of the factors that control OPC maturation in order to stimulate this pool of progenitors to replace myelin in demyelinating diseases. ..
- Beukes E, Allen P, Manchaiah V, Baguley D, Andersson G. Internet-Based Intervention for Tinnitus: Outcome of a Single-Group Open Trial. J Am Acad Audiol. 2017;28:340-351 pubmed publisher..Randomized controlled trials to further investigate the effectiveness of iCBT for tinnitus in the United Kingdom are required. ..
- Iyer S, Dawson M, Sawyer M, Abdullah N, Saju L, Needlman R. Added Value of Early Literacy Screening in Preschool Children. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2017;56:959-963 pubmed publisher..83 (95% CI = 0.66-0.92). For ELS versus SWYC, ? = 0.42, PA = 0.61 (95% CI = 0.45-0.75), and NA = 0.82 (95% CI = 0.65-0.92). The ELS adds value by flagging early literacy delays in many children who pass either the ASQ-3 or SWYC. ..
- Brauer S, Yoon J, Curlin F. Physician Satisfaction in Treating Medically Unexplained Symptoms. South Med J. 2017;110:386-391 pubmed publisher..57, P = 0.000). Physicians experience less satisfaction in treating conditions characterized by medically unexplained conditions and in treating conditions for which they believe the patient is responsible. ..
- Geller B, Nelson H, Weaver D, Frederick P, Allison K, Onega T, et al. Characteristics associated with requests by pathologists for second opinions on breast biopsies. J Clin Pathol. 2017;70:947-953 pubmed publisher..Further studies should evaluate whether the case characteristics identified in this study could be used as clinical criteria to prompt system-level strategies for mandating second opinions. ..
- Bean M, Scott L, Kilby J, Richey L. Use of an Outreach Coordinator to Reengage and Retain Patients with HIV in Care. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2017;31:222-226 pubmed publisher..Poor engagement and retention in care continue to be significant problems among PLWHA with resultant poor clinical outcomes. Continued focus on new interventions to improve retention in care is necessary to improve clinical outcomes. ..
- McWilliams R, Foster N, Mahoney M, Smyrk T, Murray J, Ames M, et al. North Central Cancer Treatment Group N0543 (Alliance): A phase 2 trial of pharmacogenetic-based dosing of irinotecan, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine as first-line therapy for patients with advanced small bowel adenocarcinoma. Cancer. 2017;123:3494-3501 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:3494-501. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Liu Q, Shi Q, Marcoux D, Batt D, Cornelius L, Qin L, et al. Identification of a Potent, Selective, and Efficacious Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase δ (PI3Kδ) Inhibitor for the Treatment of Immunological Disorders. J Med Chem. 2017;60:5193-5208 pubmed publisher..Our lead molecule is very potent in PK/PD assays and highly efficacious in a mouse collagen-induced arthritis model. ..
- Kistler C, Crutchfield T, Sutfin E, Ranney L, Berman M, Zarkin G, et al. Consumers' Preferences for Electronic Nicotine Delivery System Product Features: A Structured Content Analysis. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..This study identified multiple features important to ENDS consumers. Groups differed in how they viewed various features by age and gender. These results can inform ongoing regulatory efforts. ..
- Bear J, Gelfand A, Goadsby P, Bass N. Occipital headaches and neuroimaging in children. Neurology. 2017;89:469-474 pubmed publisher..In the absence of concerning features on the history and in the setting of a normal neurologic examination, neuroimaging can be deferred in most pediatric patients when occipital pain is present. ..
- Brennan J, Thomas L, Cohen D, Shahian D, Wang A, Mack M, et al. Transcatheter Versus Surgical AorticÂ ValveÂ Replacement: Propensity-Matched Comparison. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:439-450 pubmed publisher..Among unselected intermediate- and high-risk patients, TAVR and SAVR resulted in similar ratesÂ ofÂ death, stroke, and DAOH to 1 year, but TAVR patients were more likely to be discharged home. ..
- Gani F, Cerullo M, Zhang X, Canner J, Conca Cheng A, Hartzman A, et al. Effect of surgeon "experience" with laparoscopy on postoperative outcomes after colorectal surgery. Surgery. 2017;162:880-890 pubmed publisher..36, 95% confidence interval, 0.32-0.41, P < .001). Although laparoscopic surgery was associated with improved postoperative clinical outcomes, the effect of laparoscopic surgery varied somewhat according to surgeon volume. ..
- Vetvicka V, Vetvickova J. Fucoidans Stimulate Immune Reaction and Suppress Cancer Growth. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6041-6046 pubmed..Fucoidans are gaining popularity as natural immunomodulators. The aim of this study was to compare the immunological activities or both purified samples and commercially available mixtures containing fucoidan...
- Anton N, Mulji N, Howley L, Yurco A, Tobben D, Bean E, et al. Effects of a novel mental skills curriculum on surgical novices' attention. J Surg Res. 2017;219:86-91 pubmed publisher..Additional study of the impact of this MSC on learners' attentional capacity is currently underway. ..
- Ando T, Akintoye E, Telila T, Briasoulis A, Takagi H, Slovut D, et al. Comparison of Hospital Outcome of Transcatheter Versus Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus (from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample). Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1250-1254 pubmed publisher..003). Length of stay (median 6 vs 8 days, p <0.001) was shorter in TAVR patients. In conclusion, TAVR may result in better in-hospital outcome than SAVR in DM patients. ..
- Flickinger K, Judware R, Lechner R, Carter W, Culp L. Integrin expression in human neuroblastoma cells with or without N-myc amplification and in ectopic/orthotopic nude mouse tumors. Exp Cell Res. 1994;213:156-63 pubmed
- Heaney C, Israel B, House J. Chronic job insecurity among automobile workers: effects on job satisfaction and health. Soc Sci Med. 1994;38:1431-7 pubmed..Worksite health professionals should develop strategies for reducing the impact of job insecurity on employee well-being, particularly in industries where employment opportunities are declining. ..
- Kingery P, Pruitt B, Heuberger G. A profile of rural Texas adolescents who carry handguns to school. J Sch Health. 1996;66:18-22 pubmed
- Bennett A, Bisanzio D, Yukich J, Mappin B, Fergus C, Lynch M, et al. Population coverage of artemisinin-based combination treatment in children younger than 5 years with fever and Plasmodium falciparum infection in Africa, 2003-2015: a modelling study using data from national surveys. Lancet Glob Health. 2017;5:e418-e427 pubmed publisher..US President's Malaria Initiative and Medicines for Malaria Venture. ..
- Amin R, Decesare J, Hans J, Roussos Ross K. Epidemiologic Surveillance of Teenage Birth Rates in the United States, 2006-2012. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;129:1068-1077 pubmed publisher..These clusters are not random and remain higher than expected when adjusted for poverty and education. This data set provides a framework to focus targeted interventions to reduce teenage birth rates in this high-risk population. ..
- Giefer M, Lowe M, Werlin S, Zimmerman B, Wilschanski M, Troendle D, et al. Early-Onset Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis Is Associated with PRSS1 or CTRC Gene Mutations. J Pediatr. 2017;186:95-100 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to investigate whether the disease course, response to therapy, or clinical outcomes differ relative to the timing of disease onset. ..
- Lin W, Chen C, Chao L, Chao J, Lin Y. Plasma kallistatin in critically ill patients with severe sepsis and septic shock. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178387 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that during severe sepsis and septic shock, a decrease in plasma concentrations of kallistatin reflects increased severity and poorer outcome of disease. ..
- Sen S, Penfield Cyr A, Hollis B, Wagner C. Maternal Obesity, 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D Concentration, and Bone Density in Breastfeeding Dyads. J Pediatr. 2017;187:147-152.e1 pubmed publisher..001; 95% CI -0.002, -0.0001). In exclusively breastfeeding dyads, maternal obesity is associated with lower maternal and infant serum 25(OH)D concentrations, which may impact infant bone density. ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT00412074. ..
- Kreykes A, Choxi H, Rothberg A. Post-bariatric surgery patients: Your role in their long-term care. J Fam Pract. 2017;66:356-363 pubmed..Nutritional deficiencies, decreased bone mineral density,and dumping syndrome are just some of the challenges these patients face. Here's how to optimize their care. ..
- Ma K, Xiao A, Park S, Glenn L, Jackson L, Barot T, et al. 12-Lipoxygenase Inhibitor Improves Functions of Cytokine-Treated Human Islets and Type 2 Diabetic Islets. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2789-2797 pubmed publisher..The study suggests that the blockade of the 12-LO pathway may serve as a target for both form of diabetes and provides the basis for further study of this small molecule inhibitor in vivo. ..
- Morrow M, Van Zee K, Patil S, Petruolo O, Mamtani A, Barrio A, et al. Axillary Dissection and Nodal Irradiation Can Be Avoided for Most Node-positive Z0011-eligible Breast Cancers: A Prospective Validation Study of 793 Patients. Ann Surg. 2017;266:457-462 pubmed publisher..To determine rates of axillary dissection (ALND) and nodal recurrence in patients eligible for ACOSOG Z0011...
- Hinic K. Understanding and Promoting Birth Satisfaction in New Mothers. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2017;42:210-215 pubmed publisher..Stress reduction and management, establishment of realistic expectations for labor and birth, and promotion of togetherness with newborn immediately after birth are nursing priorities to promote birth satisfaction. ..
- Hersh P, Stulting R, Muller D, Durrie D, Rajpal R. U.S. Multicenter Clinical Trial of Corneal Collagen Crosslinking for Treatment of Corneal Ectasia after Refractive Surgery. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1475-1484 pubmed publisher..CXL is the first approved procedure to diminish progression of this ectatic corneal process. ..
- Hong Y, Jo A, Mainous A. Up-to-Date on Preventive Care Services Under Affordable Care Act: A Trend Analysis From MEPS 2007-2014. Med Care. 2017;55:771-780 pubmed publisher..The provisions of the ACA have resulted in trivial increases in being up-to-date on selected preventive care services. Additional efforts may be required to take full advantage of the elimination of cost-sharing under the ACA. ..
- Rajaee M, Yee A, Long R, Renne E, Robins T, Basu N. Pulmonary function and respiratory health of rural farmers and artisanal and small scale gold miners in Ghana. Environ Res. 2017;158:522-530 pubmed publisher..Additional research is needed with larger sample sizes and with more detailed questionnaires to further assess the impact of multiple stressors on respiratory health in ASGM communities. ..
- Lee P, Miller M, Kippenbrock T, Rosen C, Emory J. College nursing faculty job satisfaction and retention: A national perspective. J Prof Nurs. 2017;33:261-266 pubmed publisher..The strongest relationship was found to be institutional leadership. The implications can inform academic administrators seeking to retain nursing faculty. ..
- Ghodraty M, Rokhtabnak F, Dehghan H, Pournajafian A, Baghaee Vaji M, Koleini Z, et al. Crystalloid versus colloid fluids for reduction of postoperative ileus after abdominal operation under combined general and epidural anesthesia. Surgery. 2017;162:1055-1062 pubmed publisher..This may improve the tolerance for enteral feeding and reduce ileus-related symptoms. ..
- Eichenfield L, Call R, Forsha D, Fowler J, Hebert A, Spellman M, et al. Long-term safety of crisaborole ointment 2% in children and adults with mild to moderate atopic dermatitis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:641-649.e5 pubmed publisher..2%). Nine patients (1.7%) discontinued the long-term study because of TEAEs. Long-term efficacy was not analyzed. Crisaborole ointment had a low frequency of treatment-related AEs over 48 weeks of treatment of patients with AD. ..
- Trumbower R, Hayes H, Mitchell G, Wolf S, Stahl V. Effects of acute intermittent hypoxia on hand use after spinal cord trauma: A preliminary study. Neurology. 2017;89:1904-1907 pubmed publisher..Important clinical questions remain concerning optimal AIH dosage, patient screening, safety, and effect persistence. NCT01272336. ..
- Martin M, Jensen M. Effects of body fat distribution on regional lipolysis in obesity. J Clin Invest. 1991;88:609-13 pubmed..We conclude that the major difference in resting FFA metabolism between UB Ob and LB Ob women is the ability of the later to down-regulate upper body fat lipolysis to maintain normal FFA availability. ..
- da Rosa Silva C, Santana R, de Oliveira B, do Carmo T. High prevalence of skin and wound care of hospitalized elderly in Brazil: a prospective observational study. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10:81 pubmed publisher..0001) and Oral Health Maintenance (p-0.0003). The skin care to prevention and treatment of skin damages represented the major demand of nursing interventions in different clinical conditions of hospitalized elderly. ..
- Lipton A, Chapman J, Leitzel K, Garg A, Pritchard K, Ingle J, et al. Osteoporosis therapy and outcomes for postmenopausal patients with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer: NCIC CTG MA.27. Cancer. 2017;123:2444-2451 pubmed publisher..AIs increase the risk of osteoporosis. This study examined the effects of self-reported osteoporosis and osteoporosis therapy (OPT) on outcomes...
- Friton G, Thompson C, Karadzovska D, King S, King J. Efficacy and Safety of Injectable Robenacoxib for the Treatment of Pain Associated With Soft Tissue Surgery in Dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2017;31:832-841 pubmed publisher..Robenacoxib administered by SC injection prior to surgery and for 2 additional days postoperatively was effective and well tolerated in the control of postoperative pain and inflammation associated with soft tissue surgery in dogs. ..
- Wagner Cox P, Duhame H, Jamison C, Jackson R, Fehr S. Use of Noncontact Low-Frequency Ultrasound in Deep Tissue Pressure Injury: A Retrospective Analysis. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2017;44:336-342 pubmed publisher..Study findings suggest that NLFU is a viable and promising treatment option for both HADTPI and DTPI POA. Future studies are needed to confirm these results and to examine efficacy and feasibility of DTPI across care settings. ..
- Wu M, Kim J, Gaebler Spira D, Schmit B, Arora P. Robotic Resistance Treadmill Training Improves Locomotor Function in Children With Cerebral Palsy: A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;98:2126-2133 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicated that robotic resistance treadmill training is more effective than assistance training in improving locomotor function in children with CP. ..
- Chang H, Murimi I, Daubresse M, Qato D, Emery S, Alexander G. Effect of Direct-to-Consumer Advertising on Statin Use in the United States. Med Care. 2017;55:759-764 pubmed publisher..98%-5.37%) but not among those 46-65 years of age (0.51%, 95% CI, -1.49% to 2.55%). DTCA for statins is associated with increases in statin utilization and hyperlipidemia-related outpatient visits, especially for young adults. ..
- Delivanis D, Gustafson M, Bornschlegl S, Merten M, Kottschade L, Withers S, et al. Pembrolizumab-Induced Thyroiditis: Comprehensive Clinical Review and Insights Into Underlying Involved Mechanisms. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2770-2780 pubmed publisher..Because the thyroid is a frequent target of anti-PD-1 therapies, patients with therapeutically refractory thyroid cancer may be ideal candidates for this treatment. ..
- Afshar M, Luk K, Do R, Dufresne L, Owens D, Harris T, et al. Association of Triglyceride-Related Genetic Variants With Mitral Annular Calcification. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2941-2948 pubmed publisher..Whether reducing triglyceride levels can lower the incidence of clinically significant mitral valve disease requires further study. ..
- Zhang X, Olson D, Le P, Lin F, Fleischman D, DAVIS R. The Association Between Glaucoma, Anxiety, and Depression in a Large Population. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;183:37-41 pubmed publisher..The likelihood of having anxiety and depression along with glaucoma did not change with age (P = .088, P = .736). There was a statistically significant association between glaucoma and each of anxiety and depression. ..
- Spigel D, Mekhail T, Waterhouse D, Hadley T, Webb C, Burris H, et al. First-Line Carboplatin, Pemetrexed, and Panitumumab in Patients with Advanced Non-Squamous KRAS Wild Type (WT) Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). Cancer Invest. 2017;35:541-546 pubmed publisher..The median TTP was 6 months; median overall survival (OS) was 17 months. Panitumumab increased treatment-related toxicity, notably skin rash. The addition of panitumumab increased toxicity, and had no discernible impact on efficacy. ..
- Tsuchiya S, Buhr E, Higashide T, Sugiyama K, Van Gelder R. Light entrainment of the murine intraocular pressure circadian rhythm utilizes non-local mechanisms. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184790 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IOP rhythm entrainment is mediated by a systemic rather than local signal in mice. ..
- Dechavanne C, Dechavanne S, Sadissou I, Lokossou A, Alvarado F, Dambrun M, et al. Associations between an IgG3 polymorphism in the binding domain for FcRn, transplacental transfer of malaria-specific IgG3, and protection against Plasmodium falciparum malaria during infancy: A birth cohort study in Benin. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002403 pubmed publisher..The IgG3-H435 allele may be under positive selection, given its relatively high frequency in malaria endemic areas. ..
- McCurley N, Domi A, Basu R, Saunders K, LaBranche C, Montefiori D, et al. HIV transmitted/founder vaccines elicit autologous tier 2 neutralizing antibodies for the CD4 binding site. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177863 pubmed publisher..Thus, pulsed exposures to DNA and MVA-expressed VLPs plus gp120 protein of a T/F Env can induce autologous tier 2 nAbs to the CD4bs...
- Greenstein V, Nunez J, Lee W, Schuerch K, Fortune B, Tsang S, et al. A Comparison of En Face Optical Coherence Tomography and Fundus Autofluorescence in Stargardt Disease. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5227-5236 pubmed publisher..The spatial locations of hyperreflective flecks on the en face preRPE(OS) slab image corresponded to those on the SW-AF images. Wide-field en face OCT imaging has the potential to be a clinically useful tool for the management of STGD1. ..
- Schneider R, Bramlage L, Moore R, Mecklenburg L, Kohn C, Gabel A. A retrospective study of 192 horses affected with septic arthritis/tenosynovitis. Equine Vet J. 1992;24:436-42 pubmed..Survival was not significantly affected by the joint involved or by the type of bacteria cultured from the synovial fluid.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Engmann N, Scott C, Jensen M, Ma L, Brandt K, Mahmoudzadeh A, et al. Longitudinal Changes in Volumetric Breast Density with Tamoxifen and Aromatase Inhibitors. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2017;26:930-937 pubmed publisher..b>Impact: If declines in volumetric density predict breast cancer outcomes, these measures may be used as interim prognostic indicators. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 26(6); 930-7. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Freese M, Sühring R, Marohn L, Pohlmann J, Wolschke H, Byer J, et al. Maternal transfer of dioxin-like compounds in artificially matured European eels. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:348-356 pubmed publisher..Furthermore it was shown that muscle concentrations in silver eels could be used in future assessments to make conservative predictions for expected egg concentrations in female eels. ..
- Seifert H, Benedek G, Liang J, Nguyen H, Kent G, Vandenbark A, et al. Sex differences in regulatory cells in experimental stroke. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:49-54 pubmed publisher..These results elucidate differing sex-dependent regulatory mechanisms that account for diminished stroke severity in females and underscore the need to test immune-modulating therapies for stroke in both males and females. ..
- Pullicin A, Penner M, Lim J. Human taste detection of glucose oligomers with low degree of polymerization. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183008 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results support the presence of a sweet-independent taste perception mechanism that is stimulated by MOS greater than three units. ..