Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in Germany
Publications554 found, 100 shown here
- Hoan N, Van Tong H, Giang D, Cuong B, Toan N, Wedemeyer H, et al. SOCS3 genetic variants and promoter hypermethylation in patients with chronic hepatitis B. Oncotarget. 2017;8:17127-17139 pubmed publisher..0023). In conclusion, SOCS3 promoter variants are associated with HBV susceptibility and SOCS3 hypermethylation stimulates HCC development. ..
- Kühnl A, Cunningham D, Counsell N, Hawkes E, Qian W, Smith P, et al. Outcome of elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP: results from the UK NCRI R-CHOP14v21 trial with combined analysis of molecular characteristics with the DSHNHL RICOVER-60 trial. Ann Oncol. 2017;28:1540-1546 pubmed publisher..Elderly MYC-R and DHL patients have inferior prognosis and should be considered for alternative treatment approaches. ISCRTN 16017947 (R-CHOP14v21); NCT00052936 (RICOVER-60). ..
- HoltkÃ¶tter H, Beyer V, Schwender K, Glaub A, Johann K, SchÃ¼renkamp M, et al. Independent validation of body fluid-specific CpG markers and construction of a robust multiplex assay. Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2017;29:261-268 pubmed publisher..The main advantage of using DNA methylation assays over alternative tests is that it can be applied at a later time point in the investigative process since testing is possible even after DNA analysis. ..
- Zoccali C, Moissl U, Chazot C, Mallamaci F, Tripepi G, Arkossy O, et al. Chronic Fluid Overload and Mortality in ESRD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2491-2497 pubmed publisher..Whether treatment policies that account for fluid status monitoring are preferable to policies that account solely for predialysis BP measurements remains to be tested in a clinical trial. ..
- Keune P, Hansen S, Weber E, Zapf F, Habich J, Muenssinger J, et al. Exploring resting-state EEG brain oscillatory activity in relation to cognitive functioning in multiple sclerosis. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1746-1754 pubmed publisher..Resting-state EEG recordings can be obtained during the routine clinical process. The examined resting-state measures may represent feasible monitoring parameters in MS. This notion should be explored in future intervention studies. ..
- Pabel S, Pabel A, Schmickler J, Schulz X, Wiegand A. Impact of a Differential Learning Approach on Practical Exam Performance: A Controlled Study in a Preclinical Dental Course. J Dent Educ. 2017;81:1108-1113 pubmed publisher..9%). Interrater reliability was moderate (Kappa: 0.57, T1) or substantial (Kappa: 0.67, T2), respectively. These results suggest that a differential learning approach can increase the manual skills of dental students. ..
- Treudler R, Werner M, Thiery J, Kramer S, Gebhardt C, Averbeck M, et al. High risk of immediate-type reactions to soy drinks in 50 patients with birch pollinosis. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2008;18:483-4 pubmed
- Peters A, Breitner S, Cyrys J, Stölzel M, Pitz M, Wölke G, et al. The influence of improved air quality on mortality risks in Erfurt, Germany. Res Rep Health Eff Inst. 2009;:5-77; discussion 79-90 pubmed
- Banas B, Böger C, Lückhoff G, Krüger B, Barabas S, Batzilla J, et al. Validation of T-Track® CMV to assess the functionality of cytomegalovirus-reactive cell-mediated immunity in hemodialysis patients. BMC Immunol. 2017;18:15 pubmed publisher..T-Track® CMV thus represents a valuable immune monitoring tool to identify candidate transplant recipients potentially at increased risk for CMV-related clinical complications. ..
- Burnat K, Hu T, Kossut M, Eysel U, Arckens L. Plasticity Beyond V1: Reinforcement of Motion Perception upon Binocular Central Retinal Lesions in Adulthood. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8989-8999 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the loss of central vision induces functional mobilization of motion-sensitive visual cortex, resulting in enhanced perception of moving stimuli. ..
- Danner M, Vennedey V, Hiligsmann M, Fauser S, Gross C, Stock S. Comparing Analytic Hierarchy Process and Discrete-Choice Experiment to Elicit Patient Preferences for Treatment Characteristics in Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Value Health. 2017;20:1166-1173 pubmed publisher..The dependence/independence of attribute importance on level ranges in DCE and AHP, respectively, should be taken into account when choosing a method to support decision making. ..
- Höink A, Schülke C, Koch R, Löhnert A, Kammerer S, Fortkamp R, et al. Response Evaluation of Malignant Liver Lesions After TACE/SIRT: Comparison of Manual and Semi-Automatic Measurement of Different Response Criteria in Multislice CT. Rofo. 2017;189:1067-1075 pubmed publisher..Die höhere Präzision ermöglicht eine verlässlichere Klassifikation des Therapieansprechens.. · Die Größenbestimmung nach RECIST und WHO ist semiautomatisch und manuell vergleichbar präzise.. ..
- Frickhofen N, Kaltwasser J, Schrezenmeier H, Raghavachar A, Vogt H, Herrmann F, et al. Treatment of aplastic anemia with antilymphocyte globulin and methylprednisolone with or without cyclosporine. The German Aplastic Anemia Study Group. N Engl J Med. 1991;324:1297-304 pubmed
- Röckendorf N, Meckelein B, Scherf K, Schalk K, Koehler P, Frey A. Identification of novel antibody-reactive detection sites for comprehensive gluten monitoring. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181566 pubmed publisher..Currently unrepresented linear gluten detection sites in glutenins and ?-gliadins suggest sequences QQQYPS, PQQSFP, QPGQGQQG and QQPPFS as novel targets for antibody generation. ..
- Rolf L, Haarmann F, Grotemeyer K, Kehrer H. Serotonin and amino acid content in platelets of autistic children. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1993;87:312-6 pubmed..It is suggested that the decline of the amino acids in platelets from autistic children represents a biochemical marker related to infantile autism. ..
- Mellinghoff H, Radbruch L, Diefenbach C, Buzello W. A comparison of cisatracurium and atracurium: onset of neuromuscular block after bolus injection and recovery after subsequent infusion. Anesth Analg. 1996;83:1072-5 pubmed..921) after neostigmine. While attributing different onset times also to differences in the initial doses, we conclude that time profiles for neuromuscular block of both muscle relaxants, when given in equipotent doses, are not different. ..
- Minnerop M, Kurzwelly D, Wagner H, Soehn A, Reichbauer J, Tao F, et al. Hypomorphic mutations in POLR3A are a frequent cause of sporadic and recessive spastic ataxia. Brain. 2017;140:1561-1578 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results demonstrate that substantial progress in revealing the causes of Mendelian diseases can be made by exploring the non-coding sequences of the human genome. ..
- Han Q, Lin X, Zhang X, Jiang G, Zhang Y, Miao Y, et al. WWC3 regulates the Wnt and Hippo pathways via Dishevelled proteins and large tumour suppressor 1, to suppress lung cancer invasion and metastasis. J Pathol. 2017;242:435-447 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Kugadas A, Wright Q, Geddes McAlister J, Gadjeva M. Role of Microbiota in Strengthening Ocular Mucosal Barrier Function Through Secretory IgA. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4593-4600 pubmed publisher..Exposure of the host to gut commensal species may serve as a priming signal to generate B-cell repertoires at sites different from the gut, such as EALT, thereby ensuring broad protection. ..
- Mayer S, Teufel M, Schaeffeler N, Keim U, Garbe C, Eigentler T, et al. The need for psycho-oncological support for melanoma patients: Central role of patients' self-evaluation. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7987 pubmed publisher..In addition to the results obtained by screening tools like the DT, we could demonstrate that patients' self-evaluation is an important instrument to identify patients who need psycho-oncological support. ..
- Loibl S, de la Peña L, Nekljudova V, Zardavas D, Michiels S, Denkert C, et al. Neoadjuvant buparlisib plus trastuzumab and paclitaxel for women with HER2+ primary breast cancer: A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase II trial (NeoPHOEBE). Eur J Cancer. 2017;85:133-145 pubmed publisher..nct01816594. ..
- Stepien M, Hughes D, Hybsier S, Bamia C, Tjønneland A, Overvad K, et al. Circulating copper and zinc levels and risk of hepatobiliary cancers in Europeans. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:688-696 pubmed publisher..41-15.27, Ptrend=0.0135). For IHBC and GBTC, no significant associations were observed. Zinc may have a role in preventing liver-cancer development, but this finding requires further investigation in other settings. ..
- Day F, Thompson D, Helgason H, Chasman D, Finucane H, Sulem P, et al. Genomic analyses identify hundreds of variants associated with age at menarche and support a role for puberty timing in cancer risk. Nat Genet. 2017;49:834-841 pubmed publisher..In aggregate, our findings highlight the complexity of the genetic regulation of puberty timing and support causal links with cancer susceptibility. ..
- Angermann S, Baumann M, Wassertheurer S, Mayer C, Steubl D, Hauser C, et al. Pulse wave velocity is associated with cognitive impairment in hemodialysis patients. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1483-1493 pubmed publisher..Concerning the underlying pathogenesis of cognitive impairment, current results revealed a potential involvement of arterial stiffness, which has to be further evaluated in future studies. ..
- Hartl F. Susan Lee Lindquist (1949-2016)-pioneer in the study of cellular protein folding and disease. EMBO J. 2016;35:2626-2627 pubmed
- Kulle A, Krone N, Holterhus P, Schuler G, Greaves R, Juul A, et al. Steroid hormone analysis in diagnosis and treatment of DSD: position paper of EU COST Action BM 1303 'DSDnet'. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;176:P1-P9 pubmed publisher..The ultimate aim of the guidelines is the implementation of clinical standards for diagnosis and appropriate treatment of DSD to achieve the best outcome for patients, no matter where patients are investigated or managed. ..
- Schettler V, Neumann C, Peter C, Zimmermann T, Julius U, Roeseler E, et al. The German Lipoprotein Apheresis Registry (GLAR) - almost 5 years on. Clin Res Cardiol Suppl. 2017;12:44-49 pubmed publisher..In addition, LA treatments were found to be safe with a low rate of side effects. ..
- Neubauer H, Li M, Müller V, Pabst T, Beer M. Diagnostic Value of Diffusion-Weighted MRI for Tumor Characterization, Differentiation and Monitoring in Pediatric Patients with Neuroblastic Tumors. Rofo. 2017;189:640-650 pubmed publisher..Diagnostic Value of Diffusion-Weighted MRI for Tumor Characterization, Differentiation and Monitoring in Pediatric Patients with Neuroblastic Tumors. Fortschr Röntgenstr 2017; 189: 640?-?650...
- Jesuthasan J, SÃ¶nmez E, Abels I, Kurmeyer C, Gutermann J, Kimbel R, et al. Near-death experiences, attacks by family members, and absence of health care in their home countries affect the quality of life of refugee women in Germany: a multi-region, cross-sectional, gender-sensitive study. BMC Med. 2018;16:15 pubmed publisher..We encourage the early investigation of these traumatic experiences to rapidly identify women at higher risk and to improve health care for somatic and mental illness. ..
- Spieker M, Haberkorn S, Gastl M, Behm P, Katsianos S, Horn P, et al. Abnormal T2 mapping cardiovascular magnetic resonance correlates with adverse clinical outcome in patients with suspected acute myocarditis. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2017;19:38 pubmed publisher..T2 Mapping may emerge as a new tool to monitor inflammatory myocardial injuries during the course of disease. ..
- Hau A, Grebbin B, Agoston Z, Anders Maurer M, MÃ¼ller T, GroÃŸ A, et al. MEIS homeodomain proteins facilitate PARP1/ARTD1-mediated eviction of histone H1. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2715-2729 pubmed publisher..These results for the first time link MEIS proteins to PARP-regulated chromatin dynamics and provide a mechanistic basis to explain the profound cellular changes elicited by these proteins. ..
- Minlikeeva A, Freudenheim J, Cannioto R, Eng K, Szender J, Mayor P, et al. History of thyroid disease and survival of ovarian cancer patients: results from the Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium, a brief report. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1063-1069 pubmed publisher..In this large study of women with ovarian cancer, we found that recent history of hyperthyroidism and overall history of hypothyroidism were associated with worse 5-year survival. ..
- Huber R, Schlodder D, Effertz C, Rieger S, Tröger W. Safety of intravenously applied mistletoe extract - results from a phase I dose escalation study in patients with advanced cancer. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:465 pubmed publisher..Weekly infusions of 2000 mg of the pine-mistletoe extract were tolerated and can be used in further studies but had a risk for allergic reactions and fever. German Clinical Trials Register (Trial registration number DRKS00005028). ..
- Schaefer N, Berger A, van Brederode J, Zheng F, Zhang Y, Leacock S, et al. Disruption of a Structurally Important Extracellular Element in the Glycine Receptor Leads to Decreased Synaptic Integration and Signaling Resulting in Severe Startle Disease. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7948-7961 pubmed publisher..The GlyR β8-β9 loop is therefore an essential regulator of conformational rearrangements during ion channel opening and closing. ..
- Schell C, Huber T. The Evolving Complexity of the Podocyte Cytoskeleton. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3166-3174 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes our current understanding of the function of the cytoskeleton in podocytes and the associated implications for pathophysiology. ..
- Vartholomaiou E, Madon Simon M, Hagmann S, Mühlebach G, Wurst W, Floss T, et al. Cytosolic Hsp90? and its mitochondrial isoform Trap1 are differentially required in a breast cancer model. Oncotarget. 2017;8:17428-17442 pubmed publisher..Analysis of expression data of human breast cancers supports the conclusion that this is a valid mouse model highlighting the importance of these molecular chaperones. ..
- Anagnostis P, Paschou S, Mintziori G, Ceausu I, Depypere H, Lambrinoudaki I, et al. Drug holidays from bisphosphonates and denosumab in postmenopausal osteoporosis: EMAS position statement. Maturitas. 2017;101:23-30 pubmed publisher..5), anti-osteoporotic treatment should be resumed. In the case of denosumab discontinuation, close monitoring is suggested, due to the possibility of rebound fractures. ..
- von Steinbuchel N, Real R, Sasse N, Wilson L, Otto C, Mullins R, et al. German validation of Quality of Life after Brain Injury (QOLIBRI) assessment and associated factors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176668 pubmed publisher..It is potentially useful for clinicians and researchers, in post-acute and rehabilitation studies, on a group and individual level. ..
- Sebastian A, Rössler K, Wibral M, Mobascher A, Lieb K, Jung P, et al. Neural Architecture of Selective Stopping Strategies: Distinct Brain Activity Patterns Are Associated with Attentional Capture But Not with Outright Stopping. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9785-9794 pubmed publisher..Thus, when studying attentional processing of salient stop signals, strategic differences should be considered. In contrast, the neural networks implementing outright stopping seem less or not at all affected by strategic differences. ..
- Betz P. Histological and enzyme histochemical parameters for the age estimation of human skin wounds. Int J Legal Med. 1994;107:60-8 pubmed..Therefore, the detection of reactive changes is useful for a wound age estimation whereas negative findings, which in general must be interpreted with caution, can provide information only in a limited number of histological parameters. ..
- Pries A, Badimon L, Bugiardini R, Camici P, Dorobantu M, Duncker D, et al. Coronary vascular regulation, remodelling, and collateralization: mechanisms and clinical implications on behalf of the working group on coronary pathophysiology and microcirculation. Eur Heart J. 2015;36:3134-46 pubmed publisher
- Portugal C, Socodato R, Canedo T, Silva C, Martins T, Coreixas V, et al. Caveolin-1-mediated internalization of the vitamin C transporter SVCT2 in microglia triggers an inflammatory phenotype. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Overall, our work demonstrates the importance of the ascorbate transport system for microglial homeostasis and hints that dysregulation of ascorbate transport might play a role in neurological disorders. ..
- Thangarajah F, Enninga I, Malter W, Hamacher S, Markiefka B, Richters L, et al. A Retrospective Analysis of Ki-67 Index and its Prognostic Significance in Over 800 Primary Breast Cancer Cases. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:1957-1964 pubmed..The strict cut-off value was not suitable for distinguishing between high- and low-risk patients and their response to adjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Port M, Pieper B, Knie T, DÃ¶rr H, Ganser A, Graessle D, et al. Rapid Prediction of Hematologic Acute Radiation Syndrome in Radiation Injury Patients Using Peripheral Blood Cell Counts. Radiat Res. 2017;188:156-168 pubmed publisher..must be taken into account. Clinical outcome of radiation injury patients can be rapidly predicted within the first three days postirradiation using peripheral BCC. ..
- Lempereur M, Aminian A, Freixa X, Gafoor S, Shakir S, Omran H, et al. Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation and Previous Major Gastrointestinal Bleeding (from the Amplatzer Cardiac Plug Multicenter Registry). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:414-420 pubmed publisher..Periprocedural major bleeding events were more frequent in this specific population although the annual major bleeding rate showed a 20.1% relative risk reduction according to the HAS-BLED score. ..
- Verstovsek S, Courby S, Griesshammer M, Mesa R, Brachmann C, Kawashima J, et al. A phase 2 study of momelotinib, a potent JAK1 and JAK2 inhibitor, in patients with polycythemia vera or essential thrombocythemia. Leuk Res. 2017;60:11-17 pubmed publisher..0%), somnolence (15.4%), nausea (15.4%), and fatigue (15.4%). Three patients experienced serious AEs (7.7%), with 1 considered related to momelotinib (dyspnea). Peripheral neuropathy occurred in 7 (17.9%) patients (4 PV, 3 ET). ..
- Pace S, Pergola C, Dehm F, Rossi A, Gerstmeier J, Troisi F, et al. Androgen-mediated sex bias impairs efficiency of leukotriene biosynthesis inhibitors in males. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3167-3176 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that females may benefit from anti-LT therapy to a greater extent than males, prompting consideration of sex issues in LT modifier development. ..
- Sinn M, Bahra M, Liersch T, Gellert K, Messmann H, Bechstein W, et al. CONKO-005: Adjuvant Chemotherapy With Gemcitabine Plus Erlotinib Versus Gemcitabine Alone in Patients After R0 Resection of Pancreatic Cancer: A Multicenter Randomized Phase III Trial. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:3330-3337 pubmed publisher..GemErlo for 24 weeks did not improve DFS or overall survival over Gem. ..
- Scobioala S, Parfitt R, Matulat P, Kittel C, Ebrahimi F, Wolters H, et al. Impact of radiation technique, radiation fraction dose, and total cisplatin dose on hearing : Retrospective analysis of 29 medulloblastoma patients. Strahlenther Onkol. 2017;193:910-920 pubmed publisher..Cisplatin ototoxicity was shown to have a dose-dependent effect on bilateral SNHL, which was more pronounced in higher frequencies. ..
- Salama M, Woodruff T. Anticancer treatments and female fertility: clinical concerns and role of oncologists in oncofertility practice. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2017;17:687-692 pubmed publisher..Early referral by oncologists before initiation of chemotherapy and radiotherapy is an important key factor for success in female fertility preservation strategies. ..
- Proietti M, Airaksinen K, Rubboli A, Schlitt A, Kiviniemi T, Karjalainen P, et al. Time in therapeutic range and major adverse outcomes in atrial fibrillation patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: The Atrial Fibrillation Undergoing Coronary Artery Stenting (AFCAS) registry. Am Heart J. 2017;190:86-93 pubmed publisher..Despite some suggestive trends for an inverse relationship between TTR and MACCE, no definitive conclusions can be drawn, and further large studies are needed. ..
- Lindholm D, Lindback J, Armstrong P, Budaj A, Cannon C, Granger C, et al. Biomarker-Based Risk Model to Predict Cardiovascular Mortality in Patients With Stable Coronary Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:813-826 pubmed publisher..The Stabilization of Atherosclerotic Plaque by Initiation of Darapladib Therapy Trial [STABILITY]; NCT00799903). ..
- Schuldenzucker V, Schubert R, Muratori L, Freisfeld F, Rieke L, Matheis T, et al. Behavioral testing of minipigs transgenic for the Huntington gene-A three-year observational study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185970 pubmed publisher..To test long-term safety, tolerability, and efficacy of novel therapeutic approaches in this model reliable assessments applicable longitudinally for several years are warranted for all phenotypical domains relevant in HD...
- Sander D, Klingelhofer J. Changes of circadian blood pressure patterns after hemodynamic and thromboembolic brain infarction. Stroke. 1994;25:1730-7 pubmed
- Bein T, Metz C, Keyl C, Pfeifer M, Taeger K. Effects of extreme lateral posture on hemodynamics and plasma atrial natriuretic peptide levels in critically ill patients. Intensive Care Med. 1996;22:651-5 pubmed..We conclude that the duration and the angle of lateral posture should be restricted in hemodynamically unstable patients. ..
- Reynolds J, Bicknell L, Carroll P, Higgs M, Shaheen R, Murray J, et al. Mutations in DONSON disrupt replication fork stability and cause microcephalic dwarfism. Nat Genet. 2017;49:537-549 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified mutations in DONSON as a common cause of microcephalic dwarfism and established DONSON as a critical replication fork protein required for mammalian DNA replication and genome stability. ..
- Genschow O, van Den Bossche S, Cracco E, Bardi L, Rigoni D, Brass M. Mimicry and automatic imitation are not correlated. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183784 pubmed publisher..Moreover, personality traits such as empathy, autism traits, and traits related to self- versus other-focus did not correlate with mimicry or automatic imitation either. Theoretical implications are discussed. ..
- Macke C, Winkelmann M, Mommsen P, Probst C, Zelle B, Krettek C, et al. Injuries to the upper extremities in polytrauma: limited effect on outcome more than ten years after injury - a cohort study in 629 patients. Bone Joint J. 2017;99-B:255-260 pubmed publisher..Injuries to the upper extremities seem to have limited effect on long-term outcome in patients with polytrauma, as long as no injury was caused to the brachial plexus. Cite this article: Bone Joint J 2017;99-B:255-60. ..
- Buttelmann D, Schieler A, Wetzel N, Widmann A. Infants' and adults' looking behavior does not indicate perceptual distraction for constrained modelled actions - An eye-tracking study. Infant Behav Dev. 2017;47:103-111 pubmed publisher..However, both groups predominantly observed the relevant head action. Consequently, infants and adults do not seem to attend differently to constrained and unconstrained modelled actions. ..
- Huber M, Felix J, Vogelmann M, Leidl R. Health-Related Quality of Life of the General German Population in 2015: Results from the EQ-5D-5L. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Elderly and sick people continue to report significant reductions in perceived health states. ..
- Ravindran E, Hu H, Yuzwa S, Hernández Miranda L, Kraemer N, Ninnemann O, et al. Homozygous ARHGEF2 mutation causes intellectual disability and midbrain-hindbrain malformation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006746 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the crucial function of ARHGEF2 in human brain development and identify a mutation in ARHGEF2 as novel cause of a neurodevelopmental disorder. ..
- Balla S, Cyr D, Lokhnygina Y, Becker R, Berkowitz S, Breithardt G, et al. Relation of Risk of Stroke in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation to Body Mass Index (from Patients Treated With Rivaroxaban and Warfarin in the Rivaroxaban Once Daily Oral Direct Factor Xa Inhibition Compared with Vitamin K Antagonism for Prevention o. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1989-1996 pubmed publisher..Warfarin and the novel anticoagulant rivaroxaban are effective in stroke prevention in all subgroups of obese patients. ..
- Arns W, Huppertz A, Rath T, Ziefle S, Rump L, Hansen A, et al. Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Outcomes of Generic Tacrolimus (Hexal) Versus Branded Tacrolimus in De Novo Kidney Transplant Patients: A Multicenter, Randomized Trial. Transplantation. 2017;101:2780-2788 pubmed publisher..Tacrolimus pharmacokinetics is similar with TacHexal and Prograf early after kidney transplantation. Efficacy and safety in this limited data set were comparable, with at least equivalent graft function under TacHexal. ..
- Ritz E, Benck U, Franek E, Keller C, Seyfarth M, Clorius J. Effects of smoking on renal hemodynamics in healthy volunteers and in patients with glomerular disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1998;9:1798-804 pubmed..These findings are of interest because of the known effects of smoking on progression of renal disease. ..
- Norman M, Piedvache A, Børch K, Huusom L, Bonamy A, Howell E, et al. Association of Short Antenatal Corticosteroid Administration-to-Birth Intervals With Survival and Morbidity Among Very Preterm Infants: Results From the EPICE Cohort. JAMA Pediatr. 2017;171:678-686 pubmed publisher..Administration-to-birth intervals of antenatal corticosteroids (ANS) vary. The significance of this variation is unclear. Specifically, to our knowledge, the shortest effective administration-to-birth interval is unknown...
- Siibak T, Clemente P, Bratic A, Bruhn H, Kauppila T, Macao B, et al. A multi-systemic mitochondrial disorder due to a dominant p.Y955H disease variant in DNA polymerase gamma. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2515-2525 pubmed publisher..Y955H mutation to the well-documented p.Y955C mutation. We demonstrate that both mutations affect mtDNA replication and display a dominant negative effect, with the p.Y955H allele resulting in a more severe polymerase dysfunction. ..
- Wilder S, Schneider J. Micronutrient consumption by female Argiope bruennichi affects offspring survival. J Insect Physiol. 2017;100:128-132 pubmed publisher..g., trace elements, vitamins, etc.) may also be limiting in female diets and affect offspring success. ..