Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on feedback in Sweden
- Mattheos N, Nattestad A, Christersson C, Jansson H, Attstrom R. The effects of an interactive software application on the self-assessment ability of dental students. Eur J Dent Educ. 2004;8:97-104 pubmed
- Danielsson A, Nystrom F, Stralfors P. Phosphorylation of IRS1 at serine 307 and serine 312 in response to insulin in human adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:1183-7 pubmed..In contrast, positive feedback phosphorylation of serine 307 was a rapid (t(1/2) ca. 2 min) event at physiological concentrations of insulin (EC(50)=0.2 nM). ..
- Dimitriou M, Edin B. Discharges in human muscle receptor afferents during block grasping. J Neurosci. 2008;28:12632-42 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we conclude that it seems unlikely that the muscle spindle afferents recorded in this task have any role in providing "proprioceptive" information pertaining to the size of an object grasped. ..
- Karayannidou A, Beloozerova I, Zelenin P, Stout E, Sirota M, Orlovsky G, et al. Activity of pyramidal tract neurons in the cat during standing and walking on an inclined plane. J Physiol. 2009;587:3795-811 pubmed publisher..This diversity suggests that common and separate cortical mechanisms are used for postural adaptation to tilts during standing and walking. ..
- Bylund G, Lövgren J, Wikström P. Characterization of mutations in the metY-nusA-infB operon that suppress the slow growth of a DeltarimM mutant. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:6095-106 pubmed..The nusA gene has previously been shown to be essential at 42 degrees C and below 32 degrees C. Here, we show that nusA is also essential at 37 degrees C. ..
- Sundqvist A, Ericsson J. Transcription-dependent degradation controls the stability of the SREBP family of transcription factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13833-8 pubmed
- Abrahamsson A, Gustafsson U, Ellis E, Nilsson L, Sahlin S, Bjorkhem I, et al. Feedback regulation of bile acid synthesis in human liver: importance of HNF-4alpha for regulation of CYP7A1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:395-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that when bile acid synthesis is upregulated by cholestyramine treatment the SHP-independent pathway for controlling CYP7A1 transcription dominates over the SHP-dependent pathway. ..
- Dahlgren L, Eriksson B, Gyllenhammar H, Korkeila M, Sääf Rothoff A, Wernerson A, et al. To be and to have a critical friend in medical teaching. Med Educ. 2006;40:72-8 pubmed..The majority of the feedback provided was positive and valuable. To be and to have a critical friend is worth the extra workload. Therefore, the critical friend concept should be made part of regular teaching practice. ..
- Thorup C, Ollerstam A, Persson A, Torffvit O. Increased tubuloglomerular feedback reactivity is associated with increased NO production in the streptozotocin-diabetic rat. J Diabetes Complications. 2000;14:46-52 pubmed..NOS inhibition increased the reactivity of TGF to greater extent in diabetic animals than in controls, indicating that the renal vasoconstriction was compensated for by an increased NO production. ..
- Fridborg I, Kuusk S, Moritz T, Sundberg E. The Arabidopsis dwarf mutant shi exhibits reduced gibberellin responses conferred by overexpression of a new putative zinc finger protein. Plant Cell. 1999;11:1019-32 pubmed..This suggests that SHI may act as a negative regulator of GA responses through transcriptional control...