Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fatty acids in Denmark
Topic: fatty acids
- Jeppesen C, Jørgensen M, Bjerregaard P. Assessment of consumption of marine food in Greenland by a food frequency questionnaire and biomarkers. Int J Circumpolar Health. 2012;71:18361 pubmed publisher..Mercury showed the best correlation and agreement between calculated and measured values. Calculated actual intake in gram per day and frequency of meals showed similar associations with whole blood mercury and erythrocyte membrane FAs. ..
- Bysted A, Hølmer G, Lund P, Sandstrom B, Tholstrup T. Effect of dietary fatty acids on the postprandial fatty acid composition of triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins in healthy male subjects. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005;59:24-34 pubmed..The fatty acid composition in the test fats as well as the positional distributions of these were maintained in the chylomicrons. No specific clearing of chylomicron TAG was observed in relation to time. ..
- Gregersen N, Andresen B, Pedersen C, Olsen R, Corydon T, Bross P. Mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation defects--remaining challenges. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2008;31:643-57 pubmed publisher..With SCAD deficiency, the challenge is to elucidate whether ACADS gene variations are disease-associated, especially when combined with other genetic/cellular/environmental factors, which may act synergistically. ..
- Finster K, Liesack W, Tindall B. Sulfurospirillum arcachonense sp. nov., a new microaerophilic sulfur-reducing bacterium. Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1997;47:1212-7 pubmed..arcachonense sp. nov. Based on the results of this study, an emended description of the genus Sulfurospirillum is given. ..
- Bjerregaard Olesen C, Bach C, Long M, Ghisari M, Bossi R, Bech B, et al. Time trends of perfluorinated alkyl acids in serum from Danish pregnant women 2008-2013. Environ Int. 2016;91:14-21 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, we are the first to report decreasing trends of PFNA, PFDA and PFUnA since year 2000, thereby indicating that the phase-out of these compounds are beginning to show an effect on human serum levels. ..
- Madsen K, Knudsen L, Agersoe H, Nielsen P, Thøgersen H, Wilken M, et al. Structure-activity and protraction relationship of long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 derivatives: importance of fatty acid length, polarity, and bulkiness. J Med Chem. 2007;50:6126-32 pubmed..The length of the fatty acid is the most important parameter for protraction. ..
- Larsen M, Nielsen J, Butler G, Leifert C, Slots T, Kristiansen G, et al. Milk quality as affected by feeding regimens in a country with climatic variation. J Dairy Sci. 2010;93:2863-73 pubmed publisher..Differences in milk composition could be related to climatic differences because legumes are more dominating in the leys of central Sweden and maize growing is limited to southern Sweden. ..
- Fosgerau K, Fledelius C, Pedersen K, Kristensen J, Daugaard J, Iglesias M, et al. Oral administration of glucose promotes intracellular partitioning of fatty acid toward storage in white but not in red muscle. J Endocrinol. 2006;190:651-8 pubmed..07 vs 1.36 +/- 0.11, P = not significant). These results demonstrate the physiological relevance of the so-called 'reverse' Randle cycle, but surprisingly show that it may be more important in white rather than oxidative red muscle. ..
- Hong J, Jeppesen P, Nordentoft I, Hermansen K. Fatty acid-induced effect on glucagon secretion is mediated via fatty acid oxidation. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2007;23:202-10 pubmed..The high carnitine palmitoyl transferase-1 gene expression and the accumulation of triglyceride may initially be a compensatory oxidation reaction to elevated fatty acids. ..
- de Jong B, Siewers V, Nielsen J. Physiological and transcriptional characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae engineered for production of fatty acid ethyl esters. FEMS Yeast Res. 2016;16:fov105 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our analysis clearly shows that engineering of fatty acid biosynthesis results in transcriptional reprogramming and has a significant effect on overall cellular metabolism. ..
- Østergaard J, Larsen C. Bioreversible derivatives of phenol. 2. Reactivity of carbonate esters with fatty acid-like structures towards hydrolysis in aqueous solutions. Molecules. 2007;12:2396-412 pubmed
- Hallenborg P, Petersen R, Kouskoumvekaki I, Newman J, Madsen L, Kristiansen K. The elusive endogenous adipogenic PPARÎ³ agonists: Lining up the suspects. Prog Lipid Res. 2016;61:149-62 pubmed publisher..Here we review recent data on pathways involved in ligand production as well as possible endogenous, adipogenic PPARÎ³ agonists. ..
- Deutch B, Pedersen H, Hansen J. Dietary composition in Greenland 2000, plasma fatty acids and persistent organic pollutants. Sci Total Environ. 2004;331:177-88 pubmed..01**. The strongest correlations between POPs and fatty acids were found with C: 22.5.3, strongly indicating seal and polar bear blubber as the main contributors of POPs to the local population. ..
- Jeppesen P, Szkudlarek J, Høy C, Mortensen P. Effect of high-dose growth hormone and glutamine on body composition, urine creatinine excretion, fatty acid absorption, and essential fatty acids status in short bowel patients: a randomized, double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled study. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2001;36:48-54 pubmed
- Lundemo M, Notonier S, Striedner G, Hauer B, Woodley J. Process limitations of a whole-cell P450 catalyzed reaction using a CYP153A-CPR fusion construct expressed in Escherichia coli. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:1197-1208 pubmed publisher..Substrate and product inhibition are also challenges that need to be addressed, and the application of solid substrate is shown to be a promising option to improve the process. ..
- Degn P, Zimmermann W. Optimization of carbohydrate fatty acid ester synthesis in organic media by a lipase from Candida antarctica. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2001;74:483-91 pubmed..9 micromol min(-1) g(-1)) and maltose (1.9 micromol min(-1) g(-1)) could also be prepared using the tert-butanol:pyridine solvent system. No synthesis activity was observed with maltotriose, cellobiose, sucrose, and lactose as substrate. ..
- Nordblad M, Pedersen A, Rancke Madsen A, Woodley J. Enzymatic pretreatment of low-grade oils for biodiesel production. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2016;113:754-60 pubmed publisher..Finally, an assessment of process stability in a continuous packed bed system indicates that as much as 15â€‰m(3) oil could potentially be pretreated by 1â€‰kg of biocatalyst at the given process conditions. ..
- Moghadam N, Holmstrup M, Pertoldi C, Loeschcke V. Age-induced perturbation in cell membrane phospholipid fatty acid profile of longevity-selected Drosophila melanogaster and corresponding control lines. Exp Gerontol. 2013;48:1362-8 pubmed publisher..Concurrent assessments of these mechanisms in relation to cell membrane PLFA composition may clarify the cellular basis of lifespan in this species. ..
- Gregersen N, Andresen B, Bross P. Prevalent mutations in fatty acid oxidation disorders: diagnostic considerations. Eur J Pediatr. 2000;159 Suppl 3:S213-8 pubmed..This is exemplified in disorders of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation. ..
- Kragelund C, Kong Y, van der Waarde J, Thelen K, Eikelboom D, Tandoi V, et al. Ecophysiology of different filamentous Alphaproteobacteria in industrial wastewater treatment plants. Microbiology. 2006;152:3003-12 pubmed..Only a little exo-enzymic activity was found and nearly all species had a hydrophobic cell surface. Based on knowledge of the ecophysiological potential, control strategies are suggested. ..
- Olsen R, Dobrowolski S, Kjeldsen M, Hougaard D, Simonsen H, Gregersen N, et al. High-resolution melting analysis, a simple and effective method for reliable mutation scanning and frequency studies in the ACADVL gene. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2010;33:247-60 pubmed publisher..Based on estimates of the expected disease incidence, we discuss the diagnostic accuracy of MS/MS-based newborn screening to identify VLCADD in Denmark. ..
- Beck H, Hansen A, Lauritsen F. Catabolism of leucine to branched-chain fatty acids in Staphylococcus xylosus. J Appl Microbiol. 2004;96:1185-93 pubmed..The metabolic information obtained is extremely important in connection with a future biotechnological design of starter cultures for production of fermented meat. ..
- Poulsen N, Gustavsson F, Glantz M, Paulsson M, Larsen L, Larsen M. The influence of feed and herd on fatty acid composition in 3 dairy breeds (Danish Holstein, Danish Jersey, and Swedish Red). J Dairy Sci. 2012;95:6362-71 pubmed publisher..In addition, very low herd effects were shown for C14:1 and C16:1 in all breeds, suggesting that the content of these FA is mainly genetically regulated. ..
- Brinkmann C, Thiel S, Otzen D. Protein-fatty acid complexes: biochemistry, biophysics and function. FEBS J. 2013;280:1733-49 pubmed publisher..Further studies will aim to determine how the molecular properties of the different protein-lipid complexes correlate with their biological efficacy. ..
- Gregersen N, Andresen B, Corydon M, Corydon T, Olsen R, Bolund L, et al. Mutation analysis in mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation defects: Exemplified by acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiencies, with special focus on genotype-phenotype relationship. Hum Mutat. 2001;18:169-89 pubmed..However, it remains to be seen to what extent mutation analysis will be used for diagnosis of fatty acid oxidation defects and other metabolic disorders. ..
- Dalgaard M, Thomsen C, Rasmussen B, Holst J, Hermansen K. Ethanol with a mixed meal decreases the incretin levels early postprandially and increases postprandial lipemia in type 2 diabetic patients. Metabolism. 2004;53:77-83 pubmed..Whether this reflects an alcohol-induced suppression of the incretin response, which adds to the alcohol-induced impairment of triacylglycerol clearance in type 2 diabetic patients, remains to be elucidated. ..
- Kiens B. Skeletal muscle lipid metabolism in exercise and insulin resistance. Physiol Rev. 2006;86:205-43 pubmed..Finally, the role of lipids in development of insulin resistance in skeletal muscle, including possible molecular mechanisms involved, is discussed. ..
- Maslova E, Rytter D, Bech B, Henriksen T, Olsen S, Halldorsson T. Maternal intake of fat in pregnancy and offspring metabolic health - A prospective study with 20 years of follow-up. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:475-483 pubmed publisher..We surmise that maternal MUFA intake during this time included both MUFA and trans fat misclassified as MUFA, and that the associations observed may be more reflective of the latter exposure. ..
- Shi S, Ji H, Siewers V, Nielsen J. Improved production of fatty acids by Saccharomyces cerevisiae through screening a cDNA library from the oleaginous yeast Yarrowia lipolytica. FEMS Yeast Res. 2016;16:fov108 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only provide a novel method for high-throughput evaluation of the content of free FAs, but also give new insight into how enzymes from Y. lipolytica may increase the production of fatty acids in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Straarup E, Lauritzen L, Faerk J, Høy Deceased C, Michaelsen K. The stereospecific triacylglycerol structures and Fatty Acid profiles of human milk and infant formulas. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2006;42:293-9 pubmed..We found that most of the examined infant formulas, both preterm and term as well as special formulas, had stereospecific structures and fatty acid profiles that differed considerably from that of human milk. ..
- Damsgaard C, Frøkiaer H, Lauritzen L. The effects of fish oil and high or low linoleic acid intake on fatty acid composition of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Br J Nutr. 2008;99:147-54 pubmed..6 (sem 0.2) FA% in the FO+R/K group. In conclusion, increasing the 18: 2n-6 intake did not have any pronounced effect on incorporation of n-3 LCPUFA in PBMC, either alone or with simultaneous FO supplementation. ..
- Hansen J, Deutch B, Pedersen H. Selenium status in Greenland Inuit. Sci Total Environ. 2004;331:207-14 pubmed..In West Greenland, daily Se intake (235 microg/day) was estimated by dietary survey; it corresponded well with a calculated intake (220 microg/day) based on the mean blood concentration. ..
- Hedemann M, Pedersen A, Engberg R. Exocrine pancreatic secretion is stimulated in piglets fed fish oil compared with those fed coconut oil or lard. J Nutr. 2001;131:3222-6 pubmed..The apparent digestibilities of nutrients and energy were measured in feces and did not differ among groups. Thus, the greater output of lipase in fish oil-fed piglets did not result in a greater digestibility of fat in this diet. ..
- Møller S, Lauridsen C. Dietary fatty acid composition rather than vitamin E supplementation influence ex vivo cytokine and eicosanoid response of porcine alveolar macrophages. Cytokine. 2006;35:6-12 pubmed..In conclusion, dietary fish oil supplemented at a level of 5%, but not supplemental vitamin E, influenced the inflammatory responses of alveolar macrophages isolated from weaned pigs relatively to animal fat and sunflower oil. ..
- Siggers R, Thymann T, Jensen B, Mølbak L, Heegaard P, Schmidt M, et al. Elective cesarean delivery affects gut maturation and delays microbial colonization but does not increase necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm pigs. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;294:R929-38 pubmed..Both delivery modes exhibited positive and negative influences on the preterm gut, which may explain the similar NEC incidence. ..
- Petersen E, Mu H, Porsgaard T, Bertelsen L. The protease inhibitors ritonavir and saquinavir influence lipid metabolism: a pig model for the rapid evaluation of new drugs. Antivir Ther. 2010;15:243-51 pubmed publisher..We have thus developed an animal model utilising Göttingen mini-pigs. The normal lipid metabolism of mini-pigs closely reflects that of humans and they are expected to have similar reactions to antiretroviral drugs...
- Imamura F, Sharp S, Koulman A, Schulze M, Kröger J, Griffin J, et al. A combination of plasma phospholipid fatty acids and its association with incidence of type 2 diabetes: The EPIC-InterAct case-cohort study. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002409 pubmed publisher..Combinations of multiple fatty acids may influence cardiometabolic risk more than single fatty acids. The association of a combination of fatty acids with incident type 2 diabetes (T2D) has not been evaluated...
- Cai H, Zeng Y, Wang Y, Jiang H. Elstera cyanobacteriorum sp. nov., a novel bacterium isolated from cyanobacterial aggregates in a eutrophic lake. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:4272-4275 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is TH019T (=CGMCC 1.15802T=LMG 29721T)...
- Pye V, Christensen C, Dyer J, Arent S, Henriksen A. Peroxisomal plant 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase structure and activity are regulated by a sensitive redox switch. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24078-88 pubmed publisher..We suggest a model for this complex based on the bacterial system. ..
- Hellgren L. Phytanic acid--an overlooked bioactive fatty acid in dairy fat?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1190:42-9 pubmed publisher..However, certain individuals, with specific single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the gene for the enzyme alpha-methylacyl-CoA racemase, might be susceptible to raised phytanic acid levels. ..
- Stride N, Larsen S, Hey Mogensen M, Sander K, Lund J, Gustafsson F, et al. Decreased mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation capacity in the human heart with left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Eur J Heart Fail. 2013;15:150-7 pubmed publisher..05). Human LVSD is associated with markedly diminished OXPHOS capacity, particularly in MCFA oxidation. This offers a candidate mechanism for a compromised energetic state and decreased reliance on fatty acid utilization in HF. ..
- Jørgensen N, Brandt K, Nybroe O, Hansen M. Delftia lacustris sp. nov., a peptidoglycan-degrading bacterium from fresh water, and emended description of Delftia tsuruhatensis as a peptidoglycan-degrading bacterium. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:2195-9 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is 332T (=DSM 21246T=LMG 24775T). An emended description of Delftia tsuruhatensis is also presented...
- Bruun G, Doktor T, Andresen B. A synonymous polymorphic variation in ACADM exon 11 affects splicing efficiency and may affect fatty acid oxidation. Mol Genet Metab. 2013;110:122-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study shows that for a sequence variation to have an effect, it might need to change the balance in the relative binding of positive and negative splicing factors. ..
- Bang D, Herlin T, Stegger M, Andersen A, Torkko P, Tortoli E, et al. Mycobacterium arosiense sp. nov., a slowly growing, scotochromogenic species causing osteomyelitis in an immunocompromised child. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2008;58:2398-402 pubmed publisher..Strain T1921(T) is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Mycobacterium, for which the name Mycobacterium arosiense sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is T1921(T) (=DSM 45069(T) =ATCC BAA-1401(T)). ..
- Bovenhuis H, Visker M, Poulsen N, Sehested J, van Valenberg H, van Arendonk J, et al. Effects of the diacylglycerol o-acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) K232A polymorphism on fatty acid, protein, and mineral composition of dairy cattle milk. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:3113-3123 pubmed publisher..The reported effects of the DGAT1 polymorphism on fatty acid and mineral composition of milk are substantial and therefore relevant for milk quality. ..
- Frislev H, Jessen C, Oliveira C, Pedersen J, Otzen D. Liprotides made of ?-lactalbumin and cis fatty acids form core-shell and multi-layer structures with a common membrane-targeting mechanism. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1864:847-59 pubmed publisher..This highlights liprotides as a general class of complexes where both protein and cis-FA component can be varied without departing from a generic (though sometimes multi-layered) core-shell structure. ..
- Ferreira N, Engelsby H, Neess D, Kelly S, Volpert G, Merrill A, et al. Regulation of very-long acyl chain ceramide synthesis by acyl-CoA-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:7588-7597 pubmed publisher..Our data uncover a novel mode of regulation of very-long acyl chain ceramide synthesis by ACBP, which we anticipate is of crucial importance in understanding the regulation of ceramide metabolism in pathogenesis. ..
- Jensen M, Højrup P, Rasmussen J, Knudsen J. Purification and characterization of variants of acyl-CoA-binding protein in the bovine liver. Biochem J. 1992;284 ( Pt 3):809-12 pubmed..85 form was malonylated in the same position. Furthermore, it could be shown that non-enzymic glycosylation occurred during purification. The acetylated and malonylated variants of ACBP were only found in adult cattle. ..
- Pultz D, Bennetzen M, Rødkær S, Zimmermann C, Enserink J, Andersen J, et al. Global mapping of protein phosphorylation events identifies Ste20, Sch9 and the cell-cycle regulatory kinases Cdc28/Pho85 as mediators of fatty acid starvation responses in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:796-803 pubmed publisher
- Helge J, Klein D, Andersen T, van Hall G, Calbet J, Boushel R, et al. Interleukin-6 release is higher across arm than leg muscles during whole-body exercise. Exp Physiol. 2011;96:590-8 pubmed publisher..The novel finding of a markedly higher IL-6 release from the exercising arm compared with the leg during whole-body exercise was not directly correlated to release or uptake of exogenous substrate, nor to muscle glycogen utilization...
- Wolsk E, Mygind H, Grøndahl T, Pedersen B, van Hall G. IL-6 selectively stimulates fat metabolism in human skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;299:E832-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that an acute increase in IL-6 at a normophysiological level selectively stimulates lipolysis in skeletal muscle, whereas adipose tissue is unaffected...
- Faergeman N, Knudsen J. Role of long-chain fatty acyl-CoA esters in the regulation of metabolism and in cell signalling. Biochem J. 1997;323 ( Pt 1):1-12 pubmed..This view is further supported by the observation that fatty acids do not repress expression of acetyl-CoA carboxylase or Delta9-desaturase in yeast deficient in acyl-CoA synthetase. ..
- Ravnskjaer K, Frigerio F, Boergesen M, Nielsen T, Maechler P, Mandrup S. PPARdelta is a fatty acid sensor that enhances mitochondrial oxidation in insulin-secreting cells and protects against fatty acid-induced dysfunction. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:1370-9 pubmed publisher..As maintenance of mitochondrial metabolism is essential to preserve beta-cell function, these data indicate that dietary or pharmacological activation of PPARdelta and RXR may be beneficial in the prevention of beta-cell dysfunction. ..
- Helge J, Wu B, Willer M, Daugaard J, Storlien L, Kiens B. Training affects muscle phospholipid fatty acid composition in humans. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:670-7 pubmed..Regular exercise training per se influences the phospholipid fatty acid composition of muscle membranes but has no effect on the composition of fatty acids stored in triacylglycerols within the muscle...
- Andersen J, Ridder C, Larsen T. Priming the cow for mobilization in the periparturient period: effects of supplementing the dry cow with saturated fat or linseed. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:1029-43 pubmed publisher..Data in the literature and the present experiment indicate that supplementing dry cows with a saturated fatty acid source is a positive strategy for priming dairy cows for body fat mobilization in the following early lactation. ..
- Hansen M, Bertelsen M, Christensen H, Bojesen A, Bisgaard M. Otariodibacter oris gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Pasteurellaceae isolated from the oral cavity of pinnipeds. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:2572-8 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov. The type strain of Otariodibacter oris is Baika1(T) (=CCUG 59994(T)=DSM 23800(T)), which was isolated from the oral cavity of a healthy California sea lion in Copenhagen Zoo, Denmark, in 2007...
- Williams A, Krych L, Fauzan Ahmad H, Nejsum P, Skovgaard K, Nielsen D, et al. A polyphenol-enriched diet and Ascaris suum infection modulate mucosal immune responses and gut microbiota composition in pigs. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186546 pubmed publisher..suum establishment, it significantly modulates the subsequent host response to helminth infection. Our results suggest an influence of diet on immune function which may potentially be exploited to enhance immunity to helminths...
- Vorum H, Honore B. Influence of fatty acids on the binding of warfarin and phenprocoumon to human serum albumin with relation to anticoagulant therapy. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1996;48:870-5 pubmed..Anticoagulant therapy with phenprocoumon may thus be less sensitive than warfarin to changes in the fatty acid concentration of plasma. ..
- Ørngreen M, Dunø M, Ejstrup R, Christensen E, Schwartz M, Sacchetti M, et al. Fuel utilization in subjects with carnitine palmitoyltransferase 2 gene mutations. Ann Neurol. 2005;57:60-6 pubmed..The findings also suggest that single CPT2 gene mutations may exert a dominant-negative effect on the tetrameric CPT II protein. ..
- Krag K, Poulsen N, Larsen M, Larsen L, Janss L, Buitenhuis B. Genetic parameters for milk fatty acids in Danish Holstein cattle based on SNP markers using a Bayesian approach. BMC Genet. 2013;14:79 pubmed publisher..We have estimated the heritability for individual FA in the milk of Danish Holstein. For this purpose we used information of SNP markers instead of the traditional pedigree relationships...
- Kougias P, Tsapekos P, Boe K, Angelidaki I. Antifoaming effect of chemical compounds in manure biogas reactors. Water Res. 2013;47:6280-8 pubmed publisher..The antifoamers were more efficient in reducing foam when added directly into the liquid phase rather than added in the headspace of the reactor. ..
- Knudsen J, Højrup P, Hansen H, Hansen H, Roepstorff P. Acyl-CoA-binding protein in the rat. Purification, binding characteristics, tissue concentrations and amino acid sequence. Biochem J. 1989;262:513-9 pubmed..Comparison with the previously determined sequence of bovine acyl-CoA-binding protein revealed a very strong sequence similarity (83%), and all of the differences could be accounted for by single base changes. ..
- Wang H, Fotidis I, Angelidaki I. Ammonia-LCFA synergetic co-inhibition effect in manure-based continuous biomethanation process. Bioresour Technol. 2016;209:282-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, co-digestion with glucose in R(GLU) was more robust to ammonia toxicity compared to R(CTL). ..
- Helge J, Ayre K, Chaunchaiyakul S, Hulbert A, Kiens B, Storlien L. Endurance in high-fat-fed rats: effects of carbohydrate content and fatty acid profile. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1998;85:1342-8 pubmed
- Olsen J, Kadziola A, von Wettstein Knowles P, Siggaard Andersen M, Larsen S. Structures of beta-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein synthase I complexed with fatty acids elucidate its catalytic machinery. Structure. 2001;9:233-43 pubmed..The acyl binding pockets of KAS I and KAS II are so similar that they alone cannot provide the basis for their differences in substrate specificity. ..
- Kragh Hansen U, Watanabe H, Nakajou K, Iwao Y, Otagiri M. Chain length-dependent binding of fatty acid anions to human serum albumin studied by site-directed mutagenesis. J Mol Biol. 2006;363:702-12 pubmed..g. in patients treated with albumin-binding drugs. ..
- Olsen R, Olpin S, Andresen B, Miedzybrodzka Z, Pourfarzam M, Merinero B, et al. ETFDH mutations as a major cause of riboflavin-responsive multiple acyl-CoA dehydrogenation deficiency. Brain. 2007;130:2045-54 pubmed..This is the largest collection of riboflavin-responsive MADD patients ever reported, and the first demonstration of the molecular genetic basis for the disorder. ..
- Holst D, Luquet S, Kristiansen K, Grimaldi P. Roles of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors delta and gamma in myoblast transdifferentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2003;288:168-76 pubmed..This study demonstrates that PPARdelta, at least in part, is responsible for the dual effects of long chain fatty acids as inhibitors of myogenesis and inducers of transdifferentiation into preadipose-like cells. ..
- Cornelius F, Turner N, Christensen H. Modulation of Na,K-ATPase by phospholipids and cholesterol. II. Steady-state and presteady-state kinetics. Biochemistry. 2003;42:8541-9 pubmed
- Jørgensen J, Mortensen P. Substrate utilization by intestinal mucosal tissue strips from patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;281:G405-11 pubmed..The production of ketone bodies was low in small intestinal strips. A primary metabolic disorder in the colonic mucosa of patients with inflammatory bowel disease was not found...
- Overgaard J, Sørensen J, Petersen S, Loeschcke V, Holmstrup M. Changes in membrane lipid composition following rapid cold hardening in Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol. 2005;51:1173-82 pubmed..Cold selection resulted in PLFA changes (decrease of 18:0 and 18:1 and increase of 14:0 and 16:1), which may improve the ability to harden during RCH. ..
- Arent S, Christensen C, Pye V, Nørgaard A, Henriksen A. The multifunctional protein in peroxisomal beta-oxidation: structure and substrate specificity of the Arabidopsis thaliana protein MFP2. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24066-77 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, neither of the two was able to catabolize enoyl-CoA substrates longer than 14 carbon atoms efficiently, suggesting the existence of an uncharacterized long chain enoyl-CoA hydratase in Arabidopsis peroxisomes. ..
- Madsen P, Rasmussen H, Leffers H, Honore B, Celis J. Molecular cloning and expression of a novel keratinocyte protein (psoriasis-associated fatty acid-binding protein [PA-FABP]) that is highly up-regulated in psoriatic skin and that shares similarity to fatty acid-binding proteins. J Invest Dermatol. 1992;99:299-305 pubmed..The implications of these results for the study of psoriasis are discussed. ..
- Feddersen S, Neergaard T, Knudsen J, Faergeman N. Transcriptional regulation of phospholipid biosynthesis is linked to fatty acid metabolism by an acyl-CoA-binding-protein-dependent mechanism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2007;407:219-30 pubmed..This strongly implied that gene expression is modulated either by the Acb1p-acyl-CoA ester complex directly or by its ability to donate acyl-CoA esters to utilizing systems. ..