Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on experimental sarcoma in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: experimental sarcoma
- Zhao J, Salmon H, Sarntinoranont M. Effect of heterogeneous vasculature on interstitial transport within a solid tumor. Microvasc Res. 2007;73:224-36 pubmed..In sensitivity analysis, predicted tracer uptake was enhanced by increasing vascular leakiness. Increasing the interstitial hydraulic conductivity relative to the surrounding tissue reduced the overall drug uptake. ..
- Varma M, Chai J, Meguid M, Yang Z. Gender differences in tumor-induced anorectic feeding pattern in Fischer-344 rats. Physiol Behav. 2001;74:29-35 pubmed
- Clark P, Menoret A. The inducible Hsp70 as a marker of tumor immunogenicity. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2001;6:121-5 pubmed..These observations have a bearing on the proposed functional role of Hsp-peptide association in antigen processing and presentation by major histocompatibility complex I molecules under normal and stressful conditions...
- Shi W, Siemann D. Preclinical studies of the novel vascular disrupting agent MN-029. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:3899-904 pubmed..Vascular disrupting agents (VDAs) are designed to cause a rapid and selective shutdown of the established tumor vasculature, which leads to secondary ischemic tumor cell death...
- Li L, Rojiani A, Siemann D. Preclinical evaluations of therapies combining the vascular targeting agent combretastatin A-4 disodium phosphate and conventional anticancer therapies in the treatment of Kaposi's sarcoma. Acta Oncol. 2002;41:91-7 pubmed..Such repeated CA4DP exposures also significantly increased the response of KS xenografts to cisplatin. These findings suggest that CA4DP ought to be considered as a candidate agent for therapeutic evaluation in AIDS-KS patients. ..
- Kuriyama H, Watanabe S, Kjaergaard J, Tamai H, Zheng R, Weinberg A, et al. Mechanism of third signals provided by IL-12 and OX-40R ligation in eliciting therapeutic immunity following dendritic-tumor fusion vaccination. Cell Immunol. 2006;243:30-40 pubmed..These findings underscore the significance of the third signal in the design of dendritic cell-based cancer vaccines. ..
- Makarenko I, Meguid M, Gatto L, Chen C, Ramos E, Goncalves C, et al. Normalization of hypothalamic serotonin (5-HT 1B) receptor and NPY in cancer anorexia after tumor resection: an immunocytochemical study. Neurosci Lett. 2005;383:322-7 pubmed..These data, discussed in context with our previous studies, support the hypothesis that tumor resection results not only in normalization of food intake but also in reversible changes of anorectic and orexigenic hypothalamic modulators...
- Salmon H, Siemann D. Effect of the second-generation vascular disrupting agent OXi4503 on tumor vascularity. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:4090-4 pubmed..Importantly, the vasculature of tumors of mice that had received an initial dose this agent was as responsive to a subsequent treatment. ..
- Siemann D, Mercer E, Lepler S, Rojiani A. Vascular targeting agents enhance chemotherapeutic agent activities in solid tumor therapy. Int J Cancer. 2002;99:1-6 pubmed..In addition, the inclusion of the antivascular agents did not increase bone marrow stem cell toxicity associated with these anticancer drugs, thus giving rise to a therapeutic gain. ..
- Ruby C, Weinberg A. OX40-enhanced tumor rejection and effector T cell differentiation decreases with age. J Immunol. 2009;182:1481-9 pubmed..Our data show that the anti-OX40-enhancement of tumor immunity and effector T cell numbers is decreased in middle-aged mice and was partially reversed by coadministration of the proinflammatory cytokine IL-12. ..
- Levings P, McGarry S, Currie T, Nickerson D, McClellan S, Ghivizzani S, et al. Expression of an exogenous human Oct-4 promoter identifies tumor-initiating cells in osteosarcoma. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5648-55 pubmed publisher..This osteosarcoma tumor-initiating cell appears highly prolific and constitutes a majority of the cell population in a primary xenograft tumor, which may provide a biological basis for the particular virulence of this type of cancer. ..
- Beebe S, White J, Blackmore P, Deng Y, Somers K, Schoenbach K. Diverse effects of nanosecond pulsed electric fields on cells and tissues. DNA Cell Biol. 2003;22:785-96 pubmed..Potential applications for nsPEF include inducing apoptosis in cells and tumors, probing signal transduction mechanisms that determine cell fate, and enhancing gene expression...
- Siemann D, Rojiani A. Enhancement of radiation therapy by the novel vascular targeting agent ZD6126. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002;53:164-71 pubmed
- Shu H, Pelley R, Kung H. Dissecting the activating mutations in v-erbB of avian erythroblastosis virus strain R. J Virol. 1991;65:6173-80 pubmed..Therefore, the high transforming potential of v-erbB R is a consequence of synergism among multiple activating mutations. ..
- Krauthauser C, Hall L, Wexler R, Slee A, Mitra J, Enders G, et al. Regulation of gene expression and cell growth in vivo by tetracycline using the hollow fiber assay. Anticancer Res. 2001;21:869-72 pubmed..Immunoblotting of extracts prepared from the hollow fibers confirmed that p16 was induced in the absence of tet. These data demonstrate this assay is a useful tool for studying the effects of regulated gene expression in vivo. ..
- Marks D, Ling N, Cone R. Role of the central melanocortin system in cachexia. Cancer Res. 2001;61:1432-8 pubmed..The final tumor mass is not affected in these animals, providing further support for the potential role of MC4-R antagonism in the treatment of cachexia in disease states. ..
- Lambert L, Gibson G, Maloney M, Durell B, Noelle R, Barth R. Intranodal immunization with tumor lysate-pulsed dendritic cells enhances protective antitumor immunity. Cancer Res. 2001;61:641-6 pubmed..These results support the use of intranodal immunization as a feasible and effective route of DC vaccine administration. ..
- Flesher J, Horn J, Lehner A. Carcinogenicity of 1-hydroxy-3-methylcholanthrene and its electrophilic sulfate ester 1-sulfooxy-3-methylcholanthrene in Sprague-Dawley rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;243:30-5 pubmed
- Hoffman R, Stoica G. A comparative endpoint study of lesions induced by MoMuSV-m1, MoMuSV-HT1, MoMuSV-124 and MoMuSV-349. Int J Exp Pathol. 1993;74:163-72 pubmed..In summary, this study demonstrated that some of the different strains of MoMuSV (with the exception of MoMuSV-124 and MoMuSV-349), induced histologically distinct lesions in BALB/c mice...
- Radinsky R, Culp L. Clonal dominance of select subsets of viral Kirsten ras(+)-transformed 3T3 cells during tumor progression. Int J Cancer. 1991;48:148-59 pubmed