Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on estrogen receptor alpha in Germany
Topic: estrogen receptor alpha
- Pelzer T, Jazbutyte V, Hu K, Segerer S, Nahrendorf M, Nordbeck P, et al. The estrogen receptor-alpha agonist 16alpha-LE2 inhibits cardiac hypertrophy and improves hemodynamic function in estrogen-deficient spontaneously hypertensive rats. Cardiovasc Res. 2005;67:604-12 pubmed..Further studies are required to determine whether activation ERbeta mediates redundant or divergent effects. ..
- Marchais Oberwinkler S, Wetzel M, Ziegler E, Kruchten P, Werth R, Henn C, et al. New drug-like hydroxyphenylnaphthol steroidomimetics as potent and selective 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 inhibitors for the treatment of estrogen-dependent diseases. J Med Chem. 2011;54:534-47 pubmed publisher..It showed a good membrane permeation and metabolic stability and was orally available in the rat. ..
- Lehmann L, Wagner J, Metzler M. Estrogenic and clastogenic potential of the mycotoxin alternariol in cultured mammalian cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2006;44:398-408 pubmed..AOH induced kinetochore-negative MN in both cell lines. This is the first report on the estrogenic potential, inhibition of cell proliferation and clastogenicity of AOH in Ishikawa and V79 cells in vitro. ..
- Binai N, Damert A, Carra G, Steckelbroeck S, Lower J, Löwer R, et al. Expression of estrogen receptor alpha increases leptin-induced STAT3 activity in breast cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:55-66 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that leptin-induced STAT3 activation acts as a key event in ERalpha-dependent development of malignant diseases. ..
- Böttner M, Christoffel J, Jarry H, Wuttke W. Effects of long-term treatment with resveratrol and subcutaneous and oral estradiol administration on pituitary function in rats. J Endocrinol. 2006;189:77-88 pubmed..Levels of aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) mRNA in the pituitary were increased following OVX and attenuated by long-term E2 treatment, whereas RES did not modulate AhR mRNA expression. ..
- Bliedtner A, Zierau O, Albrecht S, Liebhaber S, Vollmer G. Effects of genistein and estrogen receptor subtype-specific agonists in ArKO mice following different administration routes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;314:41-52 pubmed publisher..In summary, we showed the utility of ArKO mice to detect ER-specific effects, in particular those of PPT and DPN also when applied orally. ..
- Della Torre S, Mitro N, Fontana R, Gomaraschi M, Favari E, Recordati C, et al. An Essential Role for Liver ER? in Coupling Hepatic Metabolism to the Reproductive Cycle. Cell Rep. 2016;15:360-71 pubmed publisher..We propose that a specific interaction with liver X receptor ? (LXR?) mediates the broad effects of ER? on the hepatic lipid metabolism. ..
- Oster A, Klein T, Werth R, Kruchten P, Bey E, Negri M, et al. Novel estrone mimetics with high 17beta-HSD1 inhibitory activity. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:3494-505 pubmed publisher..Thus, compound 12 is a novel tool for the elucidation of the pharmacological relevance of 17beta-HSD1 and might be a lead for the treatment of estrogen-dependent diseases. ..
- Illing A, Liu P, Ostermay S, Schilling A, de Haan G, Krust A, et al. Estradiol increases hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells independent of its actions on bone. Haematologica. 2012;97:1131-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, estradiol treatment enhances retention of hematopoietic stem cells in the vascular niche of the bone marrow. We describe for the first time the mechanism of estrogen action on hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. ..
- Xu K, Al Soud Y, Wetzel M, Hartmann R, Marchais Oberwinkler S. Triazole ring-opening leads to the discovery of potent nonsteroidal 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2011;46:5978-90 pubmed publisher..The most interesting 17?-HSD2 inhibitor identified in this study is the 5-(2-fluoro-3-methoxyphenyl)-N-(3-hydroxybenzyl)-N-methylthiophene-2-carboxamide 6w displaying an IC(50) of 61 nM and a selectivity factor of 73 toward 17?-HSD1. ..
- Blechschmidt K, Kremmer E, Hollweck R, Mylonas I, Hofler H, Kremer M, et al. The E-cadherin repressor snail plays a role in tumor progression of endometrioid adenocarcinomas. Diagn Mol Pathol. 2007;16:222-8 pubmed..Taken together, our data are in line with a proposed role for Snail in endometrial tumor progression. ..
- Oster A, Hinsberger S, Werth R, Marchais Oberwinkler S, Frotscher M, Hartmann R. Bicyclic substituted hydroxyphenylmethanones as novel inhibitors of 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17?-HSD1) for the treatment of estrogen-dependent diseases. J Med Chem. 2010;53:8176-86 pubmed publisher..The data obtained make these inhibitors interesting candidates for further preclinical evaluation. ..
- Lynen Jansen P, Rosch R, Rezvani M, Mertens P, Junge K, Jansen M, et al. Hernia fibroblasts lack beta-estradiol-induced alterations of collagen gene expression. BMC Cell Biol. 2006;7:36 pubmed..The observation of gender specific beta-estradiol-dependent changes of collagen gene expression in vitro is of significance for future studies of cellular response. ..
- Spelsberg H, Klueppel M, Reinhard T, Glaeser M, Niederacher D, Beckmann M, et al. Detection of oestrogen receptors (ER) alpha and beta in conjunctiva, lacrimal gland, and tarsal plates. Eye (Lond). 2004;18:729-33 pubmed..This may encourage therapeutical efforts including topical Oestrogen administration. ..
- Ahmed N, Elghazawy N, ElHady A, Engel M, Hartmann R, Abadi A. Design and synthesis of novel tamoxifen analogues that avoid CYP2D6 metabolism. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;112:171-179 pubmed publisher..These results prove that this novel series of TAM analogues might provide improved clinical outcomes for poor 2D6 metabolizers. ..
- Reid G, Métivier R, Lin C, Denger S, Ibberson D, Ivacevic T, et al. Multiple mechanisms induce transcriptional silencing of a subset of genes, including oestrogen receptor alpha, in response to deacetylase inhibition by valproic acid and trichostatin A. Oncogene. 2005;24:4894-907 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that, in the presence of VPA, local DNA methylation, deacetylation and demethylation of activated histones and recruitment of inhibitory complexes occurs on the pS2 promoter. ..
- Kalbe C, Mau M, Wollenhaupt K, Rehfeldt C. Evidence for estrogen receptor alpha and beta expression in skeletal muscle of pigs. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:95-107 pubmed..The porcine SM satellite cell culture provides a suitable in vitro model to investigate estrogenic effects on pig skeletal muscle. ..
- Bottner M, Wuttke W. Chronic treatment with low doses of estradiol affects pituitary and thyroid function in young and middle-aged ovariectomized rats. Biogerontology. 2005;6:261-9 pubmed..TSH and total T3 serum levels were not altered upon E2 treatment. Taken together, our results clearly demonstrate that both, the pituitary and the thyroid of middle-aged rats remain susceptible to the influence of OVX and E2 treatment. ..
- Jazbutyte V, Kehl F, Neyses L, Pelzer T. Estrogen receptor alpha interacts with 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 10 in mitochondria. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;384:450-4 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the ERalpha estrogen receptor might be involved in regulating intracellular estrogen levels by modulating 17beta-HSD10 activity. ..
- Strissel P, Swiatek J, Oppelt P, Renner S, Beckmann M, Strick R. Transcriptional analysis of steroid hormone receptors in smooth muscle uterine leiomyoma tumors of postmenopausal patients. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;107:42-7 pubmed..In addition, a role for steroid hormones, specifically ERbeta, is discussed in terms of benign tumor regression or tumor maintenance in postmenopausal leiomyomas. ..
- Kenngott R, Vermehren M, Sauer U, Ebach K, Sinowatz F. Cellular expression and localization of estrogen receptor ? and progesterone receptor mRNA in the bovine oviduct combining laser-assisted microdissection, quantitative PCR, and in situ hybridization. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:312-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the authors found that LAM with qPCR can precisely locate and accurately quantify mRNA expression in specific cell populations from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded oviductal tissue...
- Brand H, Kos M, Denger S, Flouriot G, Gromoll J, Gannon F, et al. A novel promoter is involved in the expression of estrogen receptor alpha in human testis and epididymis. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3397-404 pubmed
- Choschzick M, Heilenkötter U, Lebeau A, Jaenicke F, Terracciano L, Bokemeyer C, et al. MDM2 amplification is an independent prognostic feature of node-negative, estrogen receptor-positive early-stage breast cancer. Cancer Biomark. 2010;8:53-60 pubmed publisher..The prognostic effect of MDM2 is closely connected to estrogen receptor expression of breast carcinomas. ..
- Zhang Y, Ruan X, Willibald M, Seeger H, Fehm T, Neubauer H, et al. May progesterone receptor membrane component 1 (PGRMC1) predict the risk of breast cancer?. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2016;32:58-60 pubmed publisher..It can be suggested that women with breast epithelium highly expressing PGRMC1 and in interaction with ERÎ± may have an increased risk to develop breast cancer, especially when treated with hormone therapy. ..
- Wang H, Meyer K, Korz V. Stress induced hippocampal mineralocorticoid and estrogen receptor ? gene expression and long-term potentiation in male adult rats is sensitive to early-life stress experience. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2013;38:250-62 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a key role of ER? in early-stress mediated emotionality and emotion-induced late-LTP in adult male rats via DNA methylation mechanisms. ..
- Blanco I, Kuchenbaecker K, Cuadras D, Wang X, Barrowdale D, de Garibay G, et al. Assessing associations between the AURKA-HMMR-TPX2-TUBG1 functional module and breast cancer risk in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120020 pubmed publisher..Together, the results of this study support the hypothesis of a causative link between altered function of AURKA-HMMR-TPX2-TUBG1 and breast carcinogenesis in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. ..
- Ballaré C, Uhrig M, Bechtold T, Sancho E, Di Domenico M, Migliaccio A, et al. Two domains of the progesterone receptor interact with the estrogen receptor and are required for progesterone activation of the c-Src/Erk pathway in mammalian cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1994-2008 pubmed..Thus, in cells with ERalpha, ERID-I and ERID-II are necessary and sufficient for progestin activation of the endogenous Src/Erk pathway. ..
- Renner S, Strick R, Oppelt P, Fasching P, Engel S, Baumann R, et al. Evaluation of clinical parameters and estrogen receptor alpha gene polymorphisms for patients with endometriosis. Reproduction. 2006;131:153-61 pubmed..In conclusion, the analyzed polymorphisms in the ERalpha do not have a functional role concerning specific clinical parameters associated with endometriosis. ..
- Kietz S, Feng S, Agoulnik A, Hombach Klonisch S. Estrogen and TCDD influence RLN2 gene activity in estrogen receptor-positive human breast cancer cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1160:367-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide evidence that RLN2 gene activity is directly regulated by activated ERalpha in human breast cancer cells and we show that activation of the arylhydrocarbon receptor by TCDD inhibits this regulation by estrogen. ..
- Kos M, Reid G, Denger S, Gannon F. Minireview: genomic organization of the human ERalpha gene promoter region. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:2057-63 pubmed..The possible role of multiple promoters in the differential expression of ERalpha in tissues and during development is also discussed. ..
- Eckardstein S, Schmidt A, Kamischke A, Simoni M, Gromoll J, Nieschlag E. CAG repeat length in the androgen receptor gene and gonadotrophin suppression influence the effectiveness of hormonal male contraception. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2002;57:647-55 pubmed..5 times higher in men having more than 22 CAG repeats. In summary, our analysis shows that in a subset of men, effective hormonal male contraception can be achieved even in the absence of complete gonadotrophin suppression. ..
- Borth N, Massier J, Franke C, Sachse K, Saluz H, H nel F. Chlamydial protease CT441 interacts with SRAP1 co-activator of estrogen receptor alpha and partially alleviates its co-activation activity. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;119:89-95 pubmed publisher..This has clinical relevance as it has been proposed that disturbance of the balance between SRAP1-coding and non-coding SRA1 RNAs in breast tumor tissues might be involved in breast tumorigenesis...
- Rody A, Karn T, Holtrich U, Kaufmann M. "Stem cell like" breast cancers-a model for the identification of new prognostic/predictive markers in endocrine responsive breast cancer exemplified by Plexin B1. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2008;139:11-5 pubmed publisher..032; ER positive: p=0.022). In conclusion those strategies of gene expression analysis in a context of biological meaningful classifications could be helpful to reveal new prognostic/predictive markers. ..
- Mylonas I. Prognostic significance and clinical importance of estrogen receptor alpha and beta in human endometrioid adenocarcinomas. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:385-93 pubmed..Therefore, the analysis of both estrogen receptors might be used as a marker to identify high-risk patients only in a subset of patients with endometrioid adenocarcinoma...
- Seidlova Wuttke D, Hesse O, Jarry H, Christoffel V, Spengler B, Becker T, et al. Evidence for selective estrogen receptor modulator activity in a black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) extract: comparison with estradiol-17beta. Eur J Endocrinol. 2003;149:351-62 pubmed
- Flötotto T, Niederacher D, Hohmann D, Heimerzheim T, Dall P, Djahansouzi S, et al. Molecular mechanism of estrogen receptor (ER)alpha-specific, estradiol-dependent expression of the progesterone receptor (PR) B-isoform. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;88:131-42 pubmed..However, strong estrogen-dependent stimulation was observed after deletion of AF2. We conclude that PRB expression is stimulated by ERalpha but not ERbeta in an unique, AF1-dependent but AF2-independent mechanism. ..
- Sinn B, Darb Esfahani S, Wirtz R, Budczies J, Sehouli J, Chekerov R, et al. Evaluation of a hormone receptor-positive ovarian carcinoma subtype with a favourable prognosis by determination of progesterone receptor and oestrogen receptor 1 mRNA expression in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue. Histopathology. 2011;59:918-27 pubmed publisher
- Rody A, Diallo R, Poremba C, Speich R, Wuelfing P, Kissler S, et al. Estrogen receptor alpha and beta, progesterone receptor, pS2 and HER-2/neu expression delineate different subgroups in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast. Oncol Rep. 2004;12:695-9 pubmed..012). In contrast, 50.0% of her-2/neu negative DCIS expressed ER-beta receptor (p=0.052). We propose that there are subpopulations of DCIS which can be described by distinct endocrine-associated expression patterns. ..
- Mahmoodzadeh S, Eder S, Nordmeyer J, Ehler E, Huber O, Martus P, et al. Estrogen receptor alpha up-regulation and redistribution in human heart failure. FASEB J. 2006;20:926-34 pubmed..The increase of total ERalpha expression may represent a compensatory process to contribute to the stability of cardiac intercalated discs. ..
- Pawlak J, Karolczak M, Krust A, Chambon P, Beyer C. Estrogen receptor-alpha is associated with the plasma membrane of astrocytes and coupled to the MAP/Src-kinase pathway. Glia. 2005;50:270-5 pubmed..The physiological consequence of this phenomenon is not yet understood, but it might have a pivotal role in estrogen-mediated protective effects on midbrain dopamine neurons. ..
- Mayer C, Acosta Martinez M, Dubois S, Wolfe A, Radovick S, Boehm U, et al. Timing and completion of puberty in female mice depend on estrogen receptor alpha-signaling in kisspeptin neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22693-8 pubmed publisher..We show that the temporal coordination of juvenile restraint and subsequent pubertal activation is likely mediated by ER? in two separate kisspeptin neuronal populations in the hypothalamus. ..
- Budczies J, Weichert W, Noske A, Müller B, Weller C, Wittenberger T, et al. Genome-wide gene expression profiling of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded breast cancer core biopsies using microarrays. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:146-57 pubmed publisher..This opens new opportunities for biomarker detection studies and the integration of microarrays into the workflow of cancer diagnostics. ..
- Kuppers E, Beyer C. Expression of estrogen receptor-alpha and beta mRNA in the developing and adult mouse striatum. Neurosci Lett. 1999;276:95-8 pubmed..It is concluded that estrogen signalling through both nuclear receptors plays a potential role for striatal differentiation. ..
- LeBlanc D, Schneider M, Angele P, Vollmer G, Docheva D. The effect of estrogen on tendon and ligament metabolism and function. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;172:106-116 pubmed publisher..In this review we attempt to summarize the available information on this topic and to determine many open questions in this field. ..
- Ulbrich S, Kettler A, Einspanier R. Expression and localization of estrogen receptor alpha, estrogen receptor beta and progesterone receptor in the bovine oviduct in vivo and in vitro. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;84:279-89 pubmed..The region specific and cycle dependent expression differences point towards a functional importance of the three steroid receptors in the bovine oviduct, the site of fertilization and early embryonic development. ..
- Hillisch A, Peters O, Kosemund D, Müller G, Walter A, Schneider B, et al. Dissecting physiological roles of estrogen receptor alpha and beta with potent selective ligands from structure-based design. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:1599-609 pubmed..Simultaneous administration of the ERalpha and ERbeta ligand did not lead to an attenuation of ERalpha-mediated effects on the uterus, pituitary, and liver parameters. ..
- Einspanier A, Lieder K, Einspanier R, Husen B. The common marmoset monkey as a model for implantation and early pregnancy research. Methods Mol Med. 2006;121:111-21 pubmed
- Beyer C, Kuppers E, Karolczak M, Trotter A. Ontogenetic expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors in the mouse lung. Biol Neonate. 2003;84:59-63 pubmed..The ontogenetic pattern of ER and PR expression supports the view that both gonadal steroids are pivotal for prenatal lung maturation and development. ..
- Surowiak P, Materna V, Gyorffy B, Matkowski R, Wojnar A, Maciejczyk A, et al. Multivariate analysis of oestrogen receptor alpha, pS2, metallothionein and CD24 expression in invasive breast cancers. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:339-46 pubmed..Examination of the entire panel of the studied proteins permitted to select a group of patients of an exceptionally good prognosis. ..
- Wintermantel T, Campbell R, Porteous R, Bock D, Grone H, Todman M, et al. Definition of estrogen receptor pathway critical for estrogen positive feedback to gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons and fertility. Neuron. 2006;52:271-80 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that ovulation is driven by estrogen actions upon ERalpha-expressing neuronal afferents to GnRH neurons. ..
- Hertrampf T, Seibel J, Laudenbach U, Fritzemeier K, Diel P. Analysis of the effects of oestrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha)- and ERbeta-selective ligands given in combination to ovariectomized rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;153:1432-7 pubmed publisher..The observation that substances with selective affinity for ERbeta are able to antagonize distinct physiological functions, like RWA, may be of great relevance to the pharmaceutical use of such drugs. ..
- Harendza S, Lovett D, Panzer U, Lukacs Z, Kuhnl P, Stahl R. Linked common polymorphisms in the gelatinase a promoter are associated with diminished transcriptional response to estrogen and genetic fitness. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:20490-9 pubmed
- Rachner T, Schoppet M, Niebergall U, Hofbauer L. 17beta-Estradiol inhibits osteoprotegerin production by the estrogen receptor-alpha-positive human breast cancer cell line MCF-7. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;368:736-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, 17beta-estradiol suppressed OPG production by human breast cancer cell lines in a dose-dependent and specific manner, indicating that the RANKL/OPG cytokine system is an estrogen-responsive target in breast cancer. ..
- Kararigas G, Nguyen B, Jarry H. Estrogen modulates cardiac growth through an estrogen receptor ?-dependent mechanism in healthy ovariectomized mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;382:909-14 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that the estrogenic regulation of cardiac growth in healthy mice is primarily mediated through ER? and not ER?. ..
- Gründker C, Günthert A, Hellriegel M, Emons G. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist triptorelin inhibits estradiol-induced serum response element (SRE) activation and c-fos expression in human endometrial, ovarian and breast cancer cells. Eur J Endocrinol. 2004;151:619-28 pubmed..This pathway is impeded by GnRH, resulting in a reduction of E2-induced SRE activation and, in consequence, a reduction of E2-induced c-fos expression. This causes downregulation of E2-induced cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Métivier R, Stark A, Flouriot G, Hübner M, Brand H, Penot G, et al. A dynamic structural model for estrogen receptor-alpha activation by ligands, emphasizing the role of interactions between distant A and E domains. Mol Cell. 2002;10:1019-32 pubmed..This model gives insights into the dynamic properties of full-length ERalpha and into the structure of unliganded ERalpha. ..
- Kos M, Denger S, Reid G, Gannon F. Upstream open reading frames regulate the translation of the multiple mRNA variants of the estrogen receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37131-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the upstream open reading frames in the 5'-UTRs of ER alpha mRNAs have the potential to regulate estrogen receptor alpha expression. ..
- Flouriot G, Brand H, Seraphin B, Gannon F. Natural trans-spliced mRNAs are generated from the human estrogen receptor-alpha (hER alpha) gene. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26244-51 pubmed..Therefore, in addition to the alternative cis-splicing, the hER alpha gene is also subject to natural trans-splicing. ..
- Bruning J, Lingohr P, Gillette J, Hanstein B, Avci H, Krone W, et al. Estrogen receptor-alpha and Sp1 interact in the induction of the low density lipoprotein-receptor. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;86:113-21 pubmed..These data provide an alternative mechanism of LDL receptor gene expression by non-classical estradiol- and tamoxifen-stimulated induction through an ER-alpha/Sp1 complex. ..
- Seidlova Wuttke D, Schultens A, Jarry H, Wuttke W. Urodynamic effects of estradiol (E2) in ovariectomized (ovx) rats. Endocrine. 2004;23:25-32 pubmed..It is concluded that estrogen deprivation causes uncoordinated function of the detrusor and sphincter muscles and that this effect can be prevented by estradiol. ..
- Kummer S, Jeruschke S, Wegerich L, Peters A, Lehmann P, Seibt A, et al. Estrogen receptor alpha expression in podocytes mediates protection against apoptosis in-vitro and in-vivo. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27457 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide a novel model for the protective influence of female gender on chronic glomerular diseases. ..
- Ivanova T, Beyer C. Ontogenetic expression and sex differences of aromatase and estrogen receptor-alpha/beta mRNA in the mouse hippocampus. Cell Tissue Res. 2000;300:231-7 pubmed..Thus, our data support the idea that the developing hippocampus is a target for estrogen action and estrogen receptor-mediated sexual differentiation. ..
- Schlecht C, Klammer H, Jarry H, Wuttke W. Effects of estradiol, benzophenone-2 and benzophenone-3 on the expression pattern of the estrogen receptors (ER) alpha and beta, the estrogen receptor-related receptor 1 (ERR1) and the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) in adult ovariectomized rats. Toxicology. 2004;205:123-30 pubmed
- Bretschneider N, Kangaspeska S, Seifert M, Reid G, Gannon F, Denger S. E2-mediated cathepsin D (CTSD) activation involves looping of distal enhancer elements. Mol Oncol. 2008;2:182-90 pubmed publisher..We show that ERalpha is crucial for long-distance regulation of CTSD expression involving a looping mechanism. ..
- Ohnemus U, Uenalan M, Conrad F, Handjiski B, Mecklenburg L, Nakamura M, et al. Hair cycle control by estrogens: catagen induction via estrogen receptor (ER)-alpha is checked by ER beta signaling. Endocrinology. 2005;146:1214-25 pubmed..Our study also underscores that the hair cycling response to estrogens offers an ideal model for studying the controls and dynamics of wave propagation in biological systems. ..
- Lüttgenau J, Ulbrich S, Beindorff N, Honnens A, Herzog K, Bollwein H. Plasma progesterone concentrations in the mid-luteal phase are dependent on luteal size, but independent of luteal blood flow and gene expression in lactating dairy cows. Anim Reprod Sci. 2011;125:20-9 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that plasma P(4) concentrations in the mid-luteal phase were dependent on luteal size, but independent of blood flow and gene expression per luteal tissue unit...
- Reimann M, VafeiAdou K, Hall W, Dierkes J, Nilsson M, Dahlman Wright K, et al. Evidence for associations between common polymorphisms of estrogen receptor beta gene with homocysteine and nitric oxide. Climacteric. 2006;9:215-23 pubmed..001) and ERalpha (p < 0.001) polymorphisms were in linkage disequilibrium. Women who are homozygotic for ERbetacx + 56 G-->A A/A may be at increased risk for cardiovascular disease due to higher homocysteine levels. ..
- Wurster M, Ruoff A, Meisner C, Seeger H, Vogel U, Juhasz Böss I, et al. Evaluation of ERalpha, PR and ERbeta isoforms in neoadjuvant treated breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:653-9 pubmed..047). Results on ERalpha and PR corroborate findings of previous studies. Our data demonstrate that changes of ERbeta expression occur during PST and that total ERbeta expression and ERbeta2 may have a predictive value for PST. ..
- Forstmeier W, Mueller J, Kempenaers B. A polymorphism in the oestrogen receptor gene explains covariance between digit ratio and mating behaviour. Proc Biol Sci. 2010;277:3353-61 pubmed publisher..Finally, we note that the commonly invoked effect of foetal testosterone on human digit ratio seems to be substantially weaker than the effect described here. ..
- Neubauer H, Clare S, Wozny W, Schwall G, Poznanovic S, Stegmann W, et al. Breast cancer proteomics reveals correlation between estrogen receptor status and differential phosphorylation of PGRMC1. Breast Cancer Res. 2008;10:R85 pubmed publisher..PGRMC1 phosphorylation may be involved in the clinical differences that underpin breast tumors of differing ER status. ..
- Schleipen B, Hertrampf T, Fritzemeier K, Kluxen F, Lorenz A, Molzberger A, et al. ER?-specific agonists and genistein inhibit proliferation and induce apoptosis in the large and small intestine. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:1675-83 pubmed publisher..This observation can be taken as an indication that intake of GEN and specific ER? agonists may protect the ileal and colonic epithelium from tumor development via modulation of tissue homeostasis. ..
- Schams D, Kohlenberg S, Amselgruber W, Berisha B, Pfaffl M, Sinowatz F. Expression and localisation of oestrogen and progesterone receptors in the bovine mammary gland during development, function and involution. J Endocrinol. 2003;177:305-17 pubmed..In conclusion, the mRNA expression and protein data for ER and PR showed clear regulatory changes, suggesting involvement of these receptors in bovine mammary gland development and involution. ..
- Hertrampf T, Gruca M, Seibel J, Laudenbach U, Fritzemeier K, Diel P. The bone-protective effect of the phytoestrogen genistein is mediated via ER alpha-dependent mechanisms and strongly enhanced by physical activity. Bone. 2007;40:1529-35 pubmed..Our data also indicate that the bone-protective effects of GEN may be mediated via ER alpha-dependent mechanisms and that physical activity has a strong impact on the bone-protective potency of this phytoestrogen. ..
- Fehm T, Krawczyk N, Solomayer E, Becker Pergola G, Dürr Störzer S, Neubauer H, et al. ERalpha-status of disseminated tumour cells in bone marrow of primary breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res. 2008;10:R76 pubmed publisher..Of particular interest is their oestrogen-receptor (ER) status because endocrine adjuvant therapy remains a cornerstone of breast cancer treatment...
- Engel A, Buhrke T, Imber F, Jessel S, Seidel A, Völkel W, et al. Agonistic and antagonistic effects of phthalates and their urinary metabolites on the steroid hormone receptors ER?, ER?, and AR. Toxicol Lett. 2017;277:54-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, primary and secondary phthalate metabolites appear to exert different effects at the molecular level compared to the parent compounds. ..