Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on escherichia coli proteins in Canada
Topic: escherichia coli proteins
- Jaworski A, Lodha P, Manders A, Aitken S. Exploration of the active site of Escherichia coli cystathionine ?-synthase. Protein Sci. 2012;21:1662-71 pubmed publisher..Substitution of D45, E325, or Y101 enables a minor transamination activity for the substrate L-Ala. ..
- Gordon B, Imperial R, Wang L, Navarre W, Liu J. Lsr2 of Mycobacterium represents a novel class of H-NS-like proteins. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:7052-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate unequivocally that Lsr2 is an H-NS-like protein. ..
- Ku S, Yip P, Howell P. Structure of Escherichia coli tryptophanase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2006;62:814-23 pubmed
- Adams M, Iannuzzi P, Jia Z. MdaB from Escherichia coli: cloning, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:235-8 pubmed..Their space group was triclinic P1, with unit-cell parameters a = 48.664, b = 52.099, c = 86.584 A, alpha = 87.106, beta = 86.889, gamma = 63.526 degrees. X-ray diffraction data were collected to 2.5 A. ..
- Rangarajan S, Tocilj A, Li Y, Iannuzzi P, Matte A, Cygler M. Molecules of Escherichia coli MobB assemble into densely packed hollow cylinders in a crystal lattice with 75% solvent content. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2003;59:2348-52 pubmed..These cylinders pack closely together, forming a hexagonal lattice with the highest possible packing density. This arrangement of dimers allows extensive intermolecular contacts with 75% solvent content in the crystal. ..
- Robertson K, Tieleman D. Molecular basis of voltage gating of OmpF porin. Biochem Cell Biol. 2002;80:517-23 pubmed..We review current hypotheses on the underlying molecular mechanism of voltage gating of OmpF porin and show how computer simulations can be used to examine each of the proposed mechanisms. ..
- Nodwell J, Greenblatt J. Recognition of boxA antiterminator RNA by the E. coli antitermination factors NusB and ribosomal protein S10. Cell. 1993;72:261-8 pubmed..This probably explains why antitermination in phage lambda depends on the phage lambda N protein and the boxB component of the nut site, in addition to boxA. ..
- Ostiguy S, Gilbert M, Shareck F, Kluepfel D, Morosoli R. Cloning and sequencing of the secY homolog from Streptomyces lividans 1326. Gene. 1996;176:265-7 pubmed..5, 56.1, 42 and 40% identity to its homologs from Streptomyces scabies, Brevibacterium flavum, Bacillus subtilis and Escherichia coli, respectively. Promoterprobe analyses indicated that the secY gene probably contains its own promoter. ..
- Culham D, Dalgado C, Gyles C, Mamelak D, MacLellan S, Wood J. Osmoregulatory transporter ProP influences colonization of the urinary tract by Escherichia coli. Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 1):91-102 pubmed..These data provide the first direct evidence that osmoprotective betaine accumulation and transporter ProP are pertinent to both growth in human urine and colonization of the murine urinary tract by uropathogenic E. coli. ..
- Rocchetta H, Burrows L, Pacan J, Lam J. Three rhamnosyltransferases responsible for assembly of the A-band D-rhamnan polysaccharide in Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a fourth transferase, WbpL, is required for the initiation of both A-band and B-band lipopolysaccharide synthesis. Mol Microbiol. 1998;28:1103-19 pubmed..These data indicate that A-band polysaccharide assembly requires four glycosyltransferases, one of which is necessary for initiating both A-band and B-band LPS synthesis. ..
- Beebakhee G, Louie M, de Azavedo J, Brunton J. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of the eae gene homologue from enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli serotype O157:H7. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1992;70:63-8 pubmed..This suggests that the predicted amino acid sequence divergence in the carboxyl termini of the eae gene products might result in different antigenic and receptor specificity of these putative adhesins. ..
- Luo Y, Bertero M, Frey E, Pfuetzner R, Wenk M, Creagh L, et al. Structural and biochemical characterization of the type III secretion chaperones CesT and SigE. Nat Struct Biol. 2001;8:1031-6 pubmed publisher..Isothermal titration calorimetry studies of Tir-CesT and enzymatic activity profiles of SigD-SigE indicate that the effector proteins are not globally unfolded in the presence of their cognate chaperones...
- Sasarman A, Letowski J, Czaika G, Ramirez V, Nead M, Jacobs J, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the hemG gene involved in the protoporphyrinogen oxidase activity of Escherichia coli K12. Can J Microbiol. 1993;39:1155-61 pubmed..The identity of the first 18 amino acids at the amino-terminal end of the protein was confirmed by microsequencing. To our knowledge, this is the first cloning of a gene involved in the protoporphyrinogen oxidase activity of E. coli. ..
- Prive G, Kaback H. Engineering the lac permease for purification and crystallization. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1996;28:29-34 pubmed..The "red permease" is very easy to monitor through the steps of expression, purification, concentration, and crystallization. ..
- Beglova N, Fischer D, Hengge Aronis R, Gehring K. 1H, 15N and 13C NMR assignments, secondary structure and overall topology of the Escherichia coli GlgS protein. Eur J Biochem. 1997;246:301-10 pubmed..An overall topology of GlgS is suggested based on long-range NOEs. The elements of secondary structure form a sandwich in which the beta-strand and the short hydrophobic helix are positioned between the two amphipathic helices. ..
- Mah T, Li J, Davidson A, Greenblatt J. Functional importance of regions in Escherichia coli elongation factor NusA that interact with RNA polymerase, the bacteriophage lambda N protein and RNA. Mol Microbiol. 1999;34:523-37 pubmed..coli elongation factors, NusB, NusG and ribosomal protein S10. ..
- Boerlin P, Travis R, Gyles C, Reid Smith R, Janecko N, Lim H, et al. Antimicrobial resistance and virulence genes of Escherichia coli isolates from swine in Ontario. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:6753-61 pubmed publisher..coli isolates. These results may have important implications with regards to the spread and persistence of resistance and virulence genes in bacterial populations and to the prudent use of antimicrobial agents...
- Sprangers R, Gribun A, Hwang P, Houry W, Kay L. Quantitative NMR spectroscopy of supramolecular complexes: dynamic side pores in ClpP are important for product release. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:16678-83 pubmed
- Proudfoot M, Kuznetsova E, Brown G, Rao N, Kitagawa M, Mori H, et al. General enzymatic screens identify three new nucleotidases in Escherichia coli. Biochemical characterization of SurE, YfbR, and YjjG. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54687-94 pubmed..The differences in their sensitivities to nucleotides and their varied substrate specificities suggest that these enzymes play unique functions in the intracellular nucleotide metabolism in E. coli. ..
- Steiner Mosonyi M, Creuzenet C, Keates R, Strub B, Mangroo D. The Pseudomonas aeruginosa initiation factor IF-2 is responsible for formylation-independent protein initiation in P. aeruginosa. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52262-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore these findings give important clues to the basis for discriminating the initiator Met-tRNA by IF-2 and for the evolution of alternative mechanisms for discrimination...
- Harrison J, Ceri H, Badry E, Roper N, Tomlin K, Turner R. Effects of the twin-arginine translocase on the structure and antimicrobial susceptibility of Escherichia coli biofilms. Can J Microbiol. 2005;51:671-83 pubmed..However, the high tolerance of the deltatatABC strain to bactericidal concentrations of antimicrobials indicates that mature biofilm structure may not be required for surface-adherent E. coli to survive exposure to these lethal factors. ..
- Lu J, Frost L. Mutations in the C-terminal region of TraM provide evidence for in vivo TraM-TraD interactions during F-plasmid conjugation. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:4767-73 pubmed..This arrangement of functional domains could in part allow TraM to receive the mating signal generated by donor-recipient contact and transfer it to the relaxosome, thereby triggering DNA transfer. ..
- Chung Y, Guarné A. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of SeqA bound to a pair of hemimethylated GATC sites. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:567-71 pubmed publisher..The preliminary X-ray analysis of crystals diffracting to 3 A resolution is presented here. ..
- Gauthier C, Li H, Morosoli R. Increase in xylanase production by Streptomyces lividans through simultaneous use of the Sec- and Tat-dependent protein export systems. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:3085-92 pubmed
- Su Z, Sukdeo N, Honek J. 15N-1H HSQC NMR evidence for distinct specificity of two active sites in Escherichia coli glyoxalase I. Biochemistry. 2008;47:13232-41 pubmed publisher..The current results enhance our understanding of GlxI structure-function relationships and provide a potential new strategy for the development of small molecule inhibitors for this enzyme system. ..
- Polosina Y, Cupples C. MutL: conducting the cell's response to mismatched and misaligned DNA. Bioessays. 2010;32:51-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the process is regulated by conformational changes in MutL caused by cycles of ATP binding and hydrolysis, and by physiologic changes which influence effector availability. ..
- Culham D, Emmerson K, Lasby B, Mamelak D, Steer B, Gyles C, et al. Genes encoding osmoregulatory proline/glycine betaine transporters and the proline catabolic system are present and expressed in diverse clinical Escherichia coli isolates. Can J Microbiol. 1994;40:397-402 pubmed..These data suggest that the transporters encoded in loci putP, proP, and proU perform housekeeping functions essential for the survival of E. coli cells in diverse habitats. ..
- Golovan S, Wang G, Zhang J, Forsberg C. Characterization and overproduction of the Escherichia coli appA encoded bifunctional enzyme that exhibits both phytase and acid phosphatase activities. Can J Microbiol. 2000;46:59-71 pubmed..mL-1. The properties of the phytase including the low pH optimum, protease resistance, and high activity, demonstrates that the enzyme is a good candidate for industrial production as a feed enzyme. ..
- Leon del Rio A, Leclerc D, Akerman B, Wakamatsu N, Gravel R. Isolation of a cDNA encoding human holocarboxylase synthetase by functional complementation of a biotin auxotroph of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4626-30 pubmed..We anticipate that alternative splicing most likely mediates the mitochondrial versus cytoplasmic expression, although the elements required for directing the enzyme to the mitochondria remain to be confirmed. ..
- Kumar A, Beloglazova N, Bundalovic Torma C, Phanse S, Deineko V, Gagarinova A, et al. Conditional Epistatic Interaction Maps Reveal Global Functional Rewiring of Genome Integrity Pathways in Escherichia coli. Cell Rep. 2016;14:648-661 pubmed publisher..Analyses of pan-bacterial conservation patterns suggest that DDR mechanisms and functional relationships are near universal, highlighting a modular and highly adaptive genomic stress response. ..
- Gruenheid S, DeVinney R, Bladt F, Goosney D, Gelkop S, Gish G, et al. Enteropathogenic E. coli Tir binds Nck to initiate actin pedestal formation in host cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:856-9 pubmed..Cells with null alleles of both mammalian Nck genes are resistant to the effects of EPEC on the actin cytoskeleton. These results implicate Nck adaptors as host-cell determinants of EPEC virulence. ..
- Ade J, Haffani Y, Beizile F. Functional analysis of the Arabidopsis thaliana mismatch repair gene MSH2. Genome. 2001;44:651-7 pubmed..These results provide experimental evidence that AtMSH2 is indeed a functional homologue of MutS. ..