Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on escherichia coli infections in Italy
Topic: escherichia coli infections
- Michelacci V, Prosseda G, Maugliani A, Tozzoli R, Sanchez S, Herrera LeÃ³n S, et al. Characterization of an emergent clone of enteroinvasive Escherichia coli circulating in Europe. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:287.e11-9 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggested that the O96:H19 strains belong to an emerging EIEC clone, which could be the result of a recent event of acquisition of the invasion plasmid by commensal E. coli. ..
- Prosseda G, Latella M, Casalino M, Nicoletti M, Michienzi S, Colonna B. Plasticity of the P junc promoter of ISEc11, a new insertion sequence of the IS1111 family. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:4681-9 pubmed..These observations suggest that the 39-bp duplication might host cis-acting elements that facilitate the binding of RNA polymerase to the promoter. ..
- Pellati D, Mylonakis I, Bertoloni G, Fiore C, Andrisani A, Ambrosini G, et al. Genital tract infections and infertility. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2008;140:3-11 pubmed publisher..Tropical diseases necessitate monitoring as for their diffusion or re-diffusion in the western world. ..
- Ardissino G, Salardi S, Colombo E, Testa S, Borsa Ghiringhelli N, Paglialonga F, et al. Epidemiology of haemolytic uremic syndrome in children. Data from the North Italian HUS network. Eur J Pediatr. 2016;175:465-73 pubmed publisher..What is New: â€¢ Comprehensive, population-based epidemiological data concerning both typical and atypical HUS based on a long observational period. ..
- Costanzo M, Cesi V, Prete E, Negroni A, Palone F, Cucchiara S, et al. Krill oil reduces intestinal inflammation by improving epithelial integrity and impairing adherent-invasive Escherichia coli pathogenicity. Dig Liver Dis. 2016;48:34-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, krill oil may represent an innovative tool to reduce intestinal inflammation. ..
- Jaillon S, Moalli F, Ragnarsdottir B, Bonavita E, Puthia M, Riva F, et al. The humoral pattern recognition molecule PTX3 is a key component of innate immunity against urinary tract infection. Immunity. 2014;40:621-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PTX3 is an essential component of innate resistance against UTIs. Thus, the cellular and humoral arms of innate immunity exert complementary functions in mediating resistance against UTIs. ..
- Schito G, Gualco L, Naber K, Botto H, Palou J, Mazzei T, et al. Do different susceptibility breakpoints affect the selection of antimicrobials for treatment of uncomplicated cystitis?. J Chemother. 2010;22:345-54 pubmed..The use of different interpretative criteria for E. coli responsible for UTIs therefore has no influence on the decision to be taken by the physicians managing the patients...
- Saverino D, Schito A, Mannini A, Penco S, Bassi A, Piatti G. Quinolone/fluoroquinolone susceptibility in Escherichia coli correlates with human polymicrobial bacteriuria and with in vitro interleukine-8 suppression. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2011;61:84-93 pubmed publisher..coli isolates and their enhanced capability to suppress interleukin-8 urothelial production when compared with the patterns induced by the resistant strains...
- Castagnetti C, Rossi M, Parmeggiani F, Zanoni R, Pirrone A, Mariella J. Facial cellulitis due to Actinobacillus equuli infection in a neonatal foal. Vet Rec. 2008;162:347-9 pubmed
- Polito M, Giannubilo W, d Anzeo G, Muzzonigro G. Hematospermia: diagnosis and treatment. Arch Ital Urol Androl. 2006;78:82-5 pubmed..Understanding the pathophysiology and prevalence in populations of different ages helps minimize the likelihood of problems. When in doubt, performing a TRUS, cystoscopy, and basic laboratory analyses limits exposure. ..