Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on escherichia coli in Netherlands
Topic: escherichia coli
- Kraal B, Lippmann C, Kleanthous C. Translational regulation by modifications of the elongation factor Tu. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 1999;44:131-41 pubmed..Although the Lit cleavage-mechanism may eventually lead to programmed cell death, the very efficient prevention of phage multiplication may be caused by a novel mechanism of in cis inhibition of late T4 mRNA translation. ..
- Huisman T, Pilipcinec E, Remkes F, Maaskant J, de Graaf F, Oudega B. Isolation and characterization of chromosomal mTn 10 insertion mutations affecting K88 fimbriae production in Escherichia coli. Microb Pathog. 1996;20:101-8 pubmed..coli cells. Another mutant contained an insertion in an unknown region of the E. coli genome. The mutants were further characterized with respect to K88 as well as K99 fimbriae production. ..
- van der Linden M, Vonck J, Sjollema K, Keck W. In vivo crystal formation in Escherichia coli of an over-expressed soluble form of penicillin-binding protein 5. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1992;78:117-23 pubmed..From this the unit cell parameters were calculated as a = 7.6 nm, b = 4 nm, c = 4.2 nm, gamma = 75 degrees. The calculated unit-cell volume of 120 nm3 is large enough to contain one protein molecule. ..
- Kalodimos C, Biris N, Bonvin A, Levandoski M, Guennuegues M, Boelens R, et al. Structure and flexibility adaptation in nonspecific and specific protein-DNA complexes. Science. 2004;305:386-9 pubmed..The protein-DNA interface of the nonspecific complex is flexible on biologically relevant time scales that may assist in the rapid and efficient finding of the target site. ..
- Penders J, Thijs C, Vink C, Stelma F, Snijders B, Kummeling I, et al. Factors influencing the composition of the intestinal microbiota in early infancy. Pediatrics. 2006;118:511-21 pubmed..Term infants who were born vaginally at home and were breastfed exclusively seemed to have the most "beneficial" gut microbiota (highest numbers of bifidobacteria and lowest numbers of C difficile and E coli). ..
- Yu Z, Lavèn M, Klepsch M, de Gier J, Bitter W, van Ulsen P, et al. Role for Escherichia coli YidD in membrane protein insertion. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:5242-51 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in vitro cross-linking showed that YidD is in proximity of a nascent inner membrane protein during its localization in the Sec-YidC translocon, suggesting that YidD might be involved in the insertion process. ..
- Gul N, Poolman B. Functional reconstitution and osmoregulatory properties of the ProU ABC transporter from Escherichia coli. Mol Membr Biol. 2013;30:138-48 pubmed publisher..The activity ProU is salt and anionic lipid-dependent and mimics the ionic strength-gating of transport of the homologous OpuA system...
- Kleerebezem M, Heutink M, Tommassen J. Characterization of an Escherichia coli rotA mutant, affected in periplasmic peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase. Mol Microbiol. 1995;18:313-20 pubmed..Our results show that the periplasmic PPIase of E. coli is not essential and that the protein does not play an important role in protein folding. ..
- Kater M, Koningstein G, Nijkamp H, Stuitje A. The use of a hybrid genetic system to study the functional relationship between prokaryotic and plant multi-enzyme fatty acid synthetase complexes. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;25:771-90 pubmed..Finally, lipid analysis of recombinant E. coli strains with the hybrid FAS system unexpectedly revealed that enoyl-ACP reductase catalyses a rate-limiting step in the elongation of unsaturated fatty acids. ..