Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on escherichia coli in Canada
Topic: escherichia coli
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Van Donkersgoed J, Bohaychuk V, Besser T, Song X, Wagner B, Hancock D, et al. Occurrence of foodborne bacteria in Alberta feedlots. Can Vet J. 2009;50:166-72 pubmed..E. coli O157 and Salmonella were rarely detected in cattle or the environment. Generic E. coli and Salmonella were rarely detected on carcasses. ..
- Kulkarni A, Damha M, Schinazi R, Mo H, DOEHLE B, Sagan S, et al. A Complex Network of Interactions between S282 and G283 of Hepatitis C Virus Nonstructural Protein 5B and the Template Strand Affects Susceptibility to Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2018-27 pubmed publisher
- Currie S, Lau D, Doane J, Whitby F, Okon M, McIntosh L, et al. Structured and disordered regions cooperatively mediate DNA-binding autoinhibition of ETS factors ETV1, ETV4 and ETV5. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:2223-2241 pubmed publisher..These distinguishing inhibitory elements provide a platform through which cellular triggers, such as protein-protein interactions or post-translational modifications, may specifically regulate the function of these oncogenic proteins. ..
- Proudfoot M, Kuznetsova E, Brown G, Rao N, Kitagawa M, Mori H, et al. General enzymatic screens identify three new nucleotidases in Escherichia coli. Biochemical characterization of SurE, YfbR, and YjjG. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54687-94 pubmed..The differences in their sensitivities to nucleotides and their varied substrate specificities suggest that these enzymes play unique functions in the intracellular nucleotide metabolism in E. coli. ..
- Ejim L, Blanchard J, Koteva K, Sumerfield R, Elowe N, Chechetto J, et al. Inhibitors of bacterial cystathionine beta-lyase: leads for new antimicrobial agents and probes of enzyme structure and function. J Med Chem. 2007;50:755-64 pubmed..These studies provide the first lead molecules for antimicrobial agents that target cystathionine beta-lyase in methionine biosynthesis. ..
- Sun J, Lau A, Wang X, Liao T, Zoubeidi A, Hmama Z. A broad-range of recombination cloning vectors in mycobacteria. Plasmid. 2009;62:158-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, a gene of interest can be transferred by simple recombination into our mycobacterial destination vectors, which serve a multitude of functional genomic studies. ..
- Liu Y, Wang C, Tyrrell G, Li X. Production of Shiga-like toxins in viable but nonculturable Escherichia coli O157:H7. Water Res. 2010;44:711-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a potential health risk of VBNC E. coli O157:H7 in environmental water and the importance of monitoring VBNC E. coli O157:H7. ..
- Ewaschuk J, Johnson I, Madsen K, Vasanthan T, Ball R, Field C. Barley-derived ?-glucans increases gut permeability, ex vivo epithelial cell binding to E. coli, and naive T-cell proportions in weanling pigs. J Anim Sci. 2012;90:2652-62 pubmed publisher..coli-enterocyte binding and intestinal permeability. ?-glucan may alter immune and intestinal function of weaning pigs. ..
- Usongo V, Martel M, Balleydier A, Drolet M. Mutations reducing replication from R-loops suppress the defects of growth, chromosome segregation and DNA supercoiling in cells lacking topoisomerase I and RNase HI activity. DNA Repair (Amst). 2016;40:1-17 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that topo III overproduction is unable to complement the growth defect of topA rnhA null mutants at low temperatures that stabilizes hyper-negatively supercoiled DNA. ..
- Dragon F, Brakier Gingras L. Interaction of Escherichia coli ribosomal protein S7 with 16S rRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:1199-203 pubmed..In this domain, the 1304-1308/1329-1333 irregular helix and the 1351-1371 irregular hairpin were found to contain important determinants for S7 binding. ..
- Paquin B, Lang B. The mitochondrial DNA of Allomyces macrogynus: the complete genomic sequence from an ancestral fungus. J Mol Biol. 1996;255:688-701 pubmed
- Umelo E, Noonan B, Trust T. Cloning, characterization and expression of the recA gene of Aeromonas salmonicida. Gene. 1996;175:133-6 pubmed..The rate of A. salmonicida-mediated recombination in E. coli was increased by exposure to UV light, which suggests that SOS induction in A. salmonicida parallels that of E. coli. ..
- Maj M, Loewen P, Nicholls P. E. coli HPII catalase interaction with high spin ligands: formate and fluoride as active site probes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1384:209-22 pubmed..The nature of the heme pocket and the heme access channel may be more important than the chemical nature of the prosthetic group in controlling both high spin ligand interactions and reactions with the substrate hydrogen peroxide. ..
- Golovan S, Wang G, Zhang J, Forsberg C. Characterization and overproduction of the Escherichia coli appA encoded bifunctional enzyme that exhibits both phytase and acid phosphatase activities. Can J Microbiol. 2000;46:59-71 pubmed..mL-1. The properties of the phytase including the low pH optimum, protease resistance, and high activity, demonstrates that the enzyme is a good candidate for industrial production as a feed enzyme. ..
- Jandu N, Shen S, Wickham M, Prajapati R, Finlay B, Karmali M, et al. Multiple seropathotypes of verotoxin-producing Escherichia coli (VTEC) disrupt interferon-gamma-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat)-1. Microb Pathog. 2007;42:62-71 pubmed..The results of treatment with wortmannin suggest that the bacterial-derived inhibitory factor employs host cell signal transduction to mediate inhibition of Stat1-activation. ..
- Su H, Jack M, McIntosh L, Perdomo L, Choy B, Finck B, et al. Clinical grade production and characterization of a fusion protein comprised of the chemokine CCL2-ligand genetically fused to a mutated and truncated form of the Shiga A1 subunit. Protein Expr Purif. 2009;66:149-57 pubmed publisher..Binding studies established that the protein exerts its effects via CCR2, the cognate receptor for CCL2. Clinical trials in inflammatory nephropathies are planned. ..
- Chandran A, Varghese S, Kandeler E, Thomas A, Hatha M, Mazumder A. An assessment of potential public health risk associated with the extended survival of indicator and pathogenic bacteria in freshwater lake sediments. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2011;214:258-64 pubmed publisher..Besides, assessment of the bacterial concentration in sediments can be used as a relatively stable indicator of long term mean bacterial concentration in the water column above. ..
- Madoux Humery A, Dorner S, SauvÃ© S, Aboulfadl K, Galarneau M, Servais P, et al. The effects of combined sewer overflow events on riverine sources of drinking water. Water Res. 2016;92:218-27 pubmed publisher..High frequency event-based monitoring is a desirable approach to establish the importance and duration of E.Â coli peak concentrations entering DWIs. ..
- Culham D, Emmerson K, Lasby B, Mamelak D, Steer B, Gyles C, et al. Genes encoding osmoregulatory proline/glycine betaine transporters and the proline catabolic system are present and expressed in diverse clinical Escherichia coli isolates. Can J Microbiol. 1994;40:397-402 pubmed..These data suggest that the transporters encoded in loci putP, proP, and proU perform housekeeping functions essential for the survival of E. coli cells in diverse habitats. ..
- Bouffard P, Briere F, Wellinger R, Boire G. Identification of ribonucleoprotein (RNP)-specific protein interactions using a yeast RNP interaction trap assay (RITA). Biotechniques. 1999;27:790-6 pubmed
- Ceri H, Schmidt S, Olson M, Nickel J, Benediktsson H. Specific mucosal immunity in the pathophysiology of bacterial prostatitis in a rat model. Can J Microbiol. 1999;45:849-55 pubmed..Immunization protected against toxaemia and septicemia, seen as a rare complication of acute prostatitis, but did not protect against acute prostatitis, nor alter the degree of tissue damage seen in the rat model...
- Li J, Glick B. Transcriptional regulation of the Enterobacter cloacae UW4 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate (ACC) deaminase gene (acdS). Can J Microbiol. 2001;47:359-67 pubmed
- Matte A, Goldie H, Sweet R, Delbaere L. Crystal structure of Escherichia coli phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase: a new structural family with the P-loop nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase fold. J Mol Biol. 1996;256:126-43 pubmed..Two binding sites of the calcium-analog TB3+ have been determined, one within the active site coordinating to the side-chain of D269, and the other within the C-terminal domain coordinating to the side-chains of E508 and E511. ..
- Boerlin P, Travis R, Gyles C, Reid Smith R, Janecko N, Lim H, et al. Antimicrobial resistance and virulence genes of Escherichia coli isolates from swine in Ontario. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:6753-61 pubmed publisher..coli isolates. These results may have important implications with regards to the spread and persistence of resistance and virulence genes in bacterial populations and to the prudent use of antimicrobial agents...
- Kumar A, Beloglazova N, Bundalovic Torma C, Phanse S, Deineko V, Gagarinova A, et al. Conditional Epistatic Interaction Maps Reveal Global Functional Rewiring of Genome Integrity Pathways in Escherichia coli. Cell Rep. 2016;14:648-661 pubmed publisher..Analyses of pan-bacterial conservation patterns suggest that DDR mechanisms and functional relationships are near universal, highlighting a modular and highly adaptive genomic stress response. ..
- Harrison J, Ceri H, Badry E, Roper N, Tomlin K, Turner R. Effects of the twin-arginine translocase on the structure and antimicrobial susceptibility of Escherichia coli biofilms. Can J Microbiol. 2005;51:671-83 pubmed..However, the high tolerance of the deltatatABC strain to bactericidal concentrations of antimicrobials indicates that mature biofilm structure may not be required for surface-adherent E. coli to survive exposure to these lethal factors. ..
- Watson E, MacNeil L, Ritter A, Yilmaz L, Rosebrock A, Caudy A, et al. Interspecies systems biology uncovers metabolites affecting C. elegans gene expression and life history traits. Cell. 2014;156:759-70 pubmed publisher..Our interspecies systems biology approach provides a paradigm for understanding complex interactions between diet and physiology...
- Harkness R, Kusser W, Qi B, Ishiguro E. Genetic mapping of the lytA and lytB loci of Escherichia coli, which are involved in penicillin tolerance and control of the stringent response. Can J Microbiol. 1992;38:975-8 pubmed
- Bélanger S, Boissinot M, MENARD C, Picard F, Bergeron M. Rapid detection of Shiga toxin-producing bacteria in feces by multiplex PCR with molecular beacons on the smart cycler. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:1436-40 pubmed..This real-time PCR assay is simple, rapid, sensitive, and specific and allows detection of all Shiga toxin-producing bacteria directly from fecal samples, irrespective of their serotypes. ..
- PÃ©rinet S, Jeukens J, Kukavica Ibrulj I, Ouellet M, Charette S, Levesque R. Molybdate transporter ModABC is important for Pseudomonas aeruginosa chronic lung infection. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:23 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa, and suggest that enzymatic machinery implicated in anaerobic growth during chronic lung infection in CF merits further investigation as a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Waddell T, Lingwood C, Gyles C. Interaction of verotoxin 2e with pig intestine. Infect Immun. 1996;64:1714-9 pubmed..Previously reported lack of enterotoxicity of verotoxins in pig intestine may be explained by the absence of toxin receptors in the villus absorptive enterocytes...
- Madore E, Lipman R, Hou Y, Lapointe J. Evidence for unfolding of the single-stranded GCCA 3'-End of a tRNA on its aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase from a stacked helical to a foldback conformation. Biochemistry. 2000;39:6791-8 pubmed
- ..These include native biosynthesis, genetic modification of Artemisia annua and other plants, engineering of microbes, total and partial chemical synthesis and combinations of the above. ..
- Wyatt M, Mok M, Junop M, Magarvey N. Heterologous expression and structural characterisation of a pyrazinone natural product assembly line. Chembiochem. 2012;13:2408-15 pubmed publisher..Further, we generated an X-ray structure of aureusimine terminal reductase to gain insight into the structural details associated with this enzymatic domain. ..
- Sasarman A, Letowski J, Czaika G, Ramirez V, Nead M, Jacobs J, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the hemG gene involved in the protoporphyrinogen oxidase activity of Escherichia coli K12. Can J Microbiol. 1993;39:1155-61 pubmed..The identity of the first 18 amino acids at the amino-terminal end of the protein was confirmed by microsequencing. To our knowledge, this is the first cloning of a gene involved in the protoporphyrinogen oxidase activity of E. coli. ..
- Pelchat M, Gagnon Y, Laberge S, Lapointe J. Co-transcription of Rhizobium meliloti lysyl-tRNA synthetase and glutamyl-tRNA synthetase genes. FEBS Lett. 1999;449:23-7 pubmed..meliloti. This is the first reported case of two immediately adjacent and co-transcribed genes encoding aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. ..
- Obiero J, Pittet V, Bonderoff S, Sanders D. Thioredoxin system from Deinococcus radiodurans. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:494-501 pubmed publisher..radiodurans may have dual cofactor specificity (can utilize both NADH and NADPH), D. radiodurans TrxR was tested for its ability to utilize NADH as well. Our results show that D. radiodurans TrxR can utilize only NADPH for activity. ..
- Mason S, Li J, Greenblatt J. Direct interaction between two Escherichia coli transcription antitermination factors, NusB and ribosomal protein S10. J Mol Biol. 1992;223:55-66 pubmed..The interaction is non-ionic and has an estimated Kd value of 10(-7) M. We hypothesize that NusB binds to N-modified transcription complexes primarily by interacting with S10. ..
- Vispe S, Yung T, Ritchot J, Serizawa H, Satoh M. A cellular defense pathway regulating transcription through poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation in response to DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:9886-91 pubmed
- Lefevre T, Arseneault K, Pézolet M. Study of protein aggregation using two-dimensional correlation infrared spectroscopy and spectral simulations. Biopolymers. 2004;73:705-15 pubmed..Thus, one has to be aware that true asynchronisms are not necessarily at the origin of peaks observed in asynchronous maps. ..
- Beglova N, Fischer D, Hengge Aronis R, Gehring K. 1H, 15N and 13C NMR assignments, secondary structure and overall topology of the Escherichia coli GlgS protein. Eur J Biochem. 1997;246:301-10 pubmed..An overall topology of GlgS is suggested based on long-range NOEs. The elements of secondary structure form a sandwich in which the beta-strand and the short hydrophobic helix are positioned between the two amphipathic helices. ..
- Salimnia H, Radia A, Bernatchez S, Beveridge T, Dillon J. Characterization of the ftsZ cell division gene of Neisseria gonorrhoeae: expression in Escherichia coli and N. gonorrhoeae. Arch Microbiol. 2000;173:10-20 pubmed..Expression of the FtsZ(Ng)-GFP fusion protein in N. gonorrhoeae resulted in abnormal cell division as shown by electron microscopy. FtsZ(Ng)-GFP fusions were also expressed in a gonococcal background using a unique shuttle vector...
- Levison L, Miller Cushon E, Tucker A, Bergeron R, Leslie K, Barkema H, et al. Incidence rate of pathogen-specific clinical mastitis on conventional and organic Canadian dairy farms. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:1341-1350 pubmed publisher..and E. coli was greater on conventional than organic farms, but was not associated with housing or any other factors. In conclusion, organic management was associated with reduced overall and pathogen-specific IRCM. ..
- King J, Vinogradov E, Tran V, Lam J. Biosynthesis of uronamide sugars in Pseudomonas aeruginosa O6 and Escherichia coli O121 O antigens. Environ Microbiol. 2010;12:1531-44 pubmed publisher..The E. coli O121 wbqG mutant O antigen contains 2-acetamido-2-deoxy-d-galacturonate (d-GalNAcA), instead of d-GalNAcAN, demonstrating that wbqG is specifically required for biosynthesis of the carboxamide in this sugar. ..
- Gannon V, Gyles C. Characteristics of the Shiga-like toxin produced by Escherichia coli associated with porcine edema disease. Vet Microbiol. 1990;24:89-100 pubmed..All SLTs were enterotoxic in rabbit but not in pig intestine and SLT-IIv was less enterotoxic than SLT-I. SLT-IIv had a lower LD50 in mice than did the other SLTs...
- Varshney U, Hutcheon T, van de Sande J. Sequence analysis, expression, and conservation of Escherichia coli uracil DNA glycosylase and its gene (ung). J Biol Chem. 1988;263:7776-84 pubmed..No sequence homologies were seen for Pseudomonas, Clostridium, Micrococcus, and several eukaryotic genomes. ..
- Nodwell J, Greenblatt J. Recognition of boxA antiterminator RNA by the E. coli antitermination factors NusB and ribosomal protein S10. Cell. 1993;72:261-8 pubmed..This probably explains why antitermination in phage lambda depends on the phage lambda N protein and the boxB component of the nut site, in addition to boxA. ..
- Mdluli K, Anthony L, Baron G, McDonald M, Myltseva S, Nano F. Serum-sensitive mutation of Francisella novicida: association with an ABC transporter gene. Microbiology. 1994;140 ( Pt 12):3309-18 pubmed..We named the corresponding genes in F. novicida, valAB. Integration of a cloned valAB locus into the chromosome of KM14S partially restored the serum resistance phenotype found in wild-type F. novicida...
- Rocchetta H, Burrows L, Pacan J, Lam J. Three rhamnosyltransferases responsible for assembly of the A-band D-rhamnan polysaccharide in Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a fourth transferase, WbpL, is required for the initiation of both A-band and B-band lipopolysaccharide synthesis. Mol Microbiol. 1998;28:1103-19 pubmed..These data indicate that A-band polysaccharide assembly requires four glycosyltransferases, one of which is necessary for initiating both A-band and B-band LPS synthesis. ..
- Moran A, Doran J, Wu J, Treit J, Ekpo P, Kerr V, et al. Identification of novel immunogenic Mycobacterium tuberculosis peptides that stimulate mononuclear cells from immune donors. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1999;177:123-30 pubmed..02 and MTV033.08. Thus, this strategy identified novel human immunogenic peptides as possible candidates for a subunit vaccine. ..
- Broccoli S, Phoenix P, Drolet M. Isolation of the topB gene encoding DNA topoisomerase III as a multicopy suppressor of topA null mutations in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2000;35:58-68 pubmed
- Makui H, Roig E, Cole S, Helmann J, Gros P, Cellier M. Identification of the Escherichia coli K-12 Nramp orthologue (MntH) as a selective divalent metal ion transporter. Mol Microbiol. 2000;35:1065-78 pubmed..coli. This study indicates that proton-dependent divalent metal ion uptake has been preserved in the Nramp family from bacteria to humans. ..
- Hraiky C, Raymond M, Drolet M. RNase H overproduction corrects a defect at the level of transcription elongation during rRNA synthesis in the absence of DNA topoisomerase I in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:11257-63 pubmed..Our results also highlight the potential regulatory role of DNA supercoiling at the level of transcription elongation. ..
- Orlicky S, Tran P, Sayre M, Edwards A. Dissociable Rpb4-Rpb7 subassembly of rna polymerase II binds to single-strand nucleic acid and mediates a post-recruitment step in transcription initiation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:10097-102 pubmed
- Yang X, Ishiguro E. Dimerization of the RelA protein of Escherichia coli. Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;79:729-36 pubmed..The overexpression of 'RelA-1 and 'RelA-2, but not 'RelA-3, inhibited the stringent response. These results support the previously proposed model which suggests a role for oligomerization in the regulation of (p)ppGpp synthetase. ..
- Peighambari S, Hunter D, Shewen P, Gyles C. Safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of two Escherichia coli cya crp mutants as vaccines for broilers. Avian Dis. 2002;46:287-97 pubmed..We conclude that the mutant O2 strain provided moderate protection against airsacculitis. ..
- Adams M, Iannuzzi P, Jia Z. MdaB from Escherichia coli: cloning, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:235-8 pubmed..Their space group was triclinic P1, with unit-cell parameters a = 48.664, b = 52.099, c = 86.584 A, alpha = 87.106, beta = 86.889, gamma = 63.526 degrees. X-ray diffraction data were collected to 2.5 A. ..
- Wickham M, Lupp C, Mascarenhas M, Vazquez A, Coombes B, Brown N, et al. Bacterial genetic determinants of non-O157 STEC outbreaks and hemolytic-uremic syndrome after infection. J Infect Dis. 2006;194:819-27 pubmed..The present study shows that virulence genes associated epidemiologically with outbreaks and HUS after non-O157 STEC infection are pivotal to the initiation, progression, and outcome of in vivo disease...
- Dahiya I, Stevenson R. The ZnuABC operon is important for Yersinia ruckeri infections of rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum). J Fish Dis. 2010;33:331-40 pubmed publisher..ruckeri...
- Jaworski A, Lodha P, Manders A, Aitken S. Exploration of the active site of Escherichia coli cystathionine ?-synthase. Protein Sci. 2012;21:1662-71 pubmed publisher..Substitution of D45, E325, or Y101 enables a minor transamination activity for the substrate L-Ala. ..
- Houde M, Dhindsa R, Sarhan F. A molecular marker to select for freezing tolerance in Gramineae. Mol Gen Genet. 1992;234:43-8 pubmed..The antibody did not cross-react with any of the non-cereal species examined. The anti-FTMs antibody represents a potential tool for breeders to select for freezing tolerance traits in the Gramineae. ..
- Beebakhee G, Louie M, de Azavedo J, Brunton J. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of the eae gene homologue from enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli serotype O157:H7. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1992;70:63-8 pubmed..This suggests that the predicted amino acid sequence divergence in the carboxyl termini of the eae gene products might result in different antigenic and receptor specificity of these putative adhesins. ..
- Leon del Rio A, Leclerc D, Akerman B, Wakamatsu N, Gravel R. Isolation of a cDNA encoding human holocarboxylase synthetase by functional complementation of a biotin auxotroph of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4626-30 pubmed..We anticipate that alternative splicing most likely mediates the mitochondrial versus cytoplasmic expression, although the elements required for directing the enzyme to the mitochondria remain to be confirmed. ..
- Prive G, Kaback H. Engineering the lac permease for purification and crystallization. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1996;28:29-34 pubmed..The "red permease" is very easy to monitor through the steps of expression, purification, concentration, and crystallization. ..
- Stoll V, Simpson S, Krauth Siegel R, Walsh C, Pai E. Glutathione reductase turned into trypanothione reductase: structural analysis of an engineered change in substrate specificity. Biochemistry. 1997;36:6437-47 pubmed
- Newton D, Niemkiewicz M, Lo R, Mangroo D. Recognition of the initiator tRNA by the Pseudomonas aeruginosa methionyl-tRNA formyltransferase: importance of the base-base mismatch at the end of the acceptor stem. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1999;178:289-98 pubmed..aeruginosa MTF for recognition of the tRNAfMet. Therefore, this feature may be used by MTFs from other eubacteria to distinguish the initiator from elongator tRNAs. ..
- Ade J, Haffani Y, Beizile F. Functional analysis of the Arabidopsis thaliana mismatch repair gene MSH2. Genome. 2001;44:651-7 pubmed..These results provide experimental evidence that AtMSH2 is indeed a functional homologue of MutS. ..
- Kariyawasam S, Wilkie B, Hunter D, Gyles C. Systemic and mucosal antibody responses to selected cell surface antigens of avian pathogenic Escherichia coli in experimentally infected chickens. Avian Dis. 2002;46:668-78 pubmed..Thus, all of the antigens tested appear to be suitable candidates for a vaccine to protect chickens from respiratory tract infections caused by APEC. ..
- Beaudoin J, Mercier A, Langlois R, Labbe S. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe Cuf1 is composed of functional modules from two distinct classes of copper metalloregulatory transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14565-77 pubmed..pombe Cuf1 1-61, and the nature of the amino acids located downstream of this amino-terminal conserved region may be crucial in dictating the type of regulatory response required to establish and maintain copper homeostasis. ..
- Cheng X, Henriques T, Coppens S, Feng Q, Retnakaran A, Krell P, et al. Strategy to screen long DNA inserts in Escherichia coli. Biotechniques. 2003;34:1162-4, 1166 pubmed
- Dumonceaux T, Hill J, Briggs S, Amoako K, Hemmingsen S, Van Kessel A. Enumeration of specific bacterial populations in complex intestinal communities using quantitative PCR based on the chaperonin-60 target. J Microbiol Methods. 2006;64:46-62 pubmed..We conclude that qPCR-based molecular enumeration of target species in the gastrointestinal tract is feasible, but care must be taken in order to mitigate the effects of confounding factors that can affect the apparent cell count. ..
- Chung Y, Guarné A. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of SeqA bound to a pair of hemimethylated GATC sites. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:567-71 pubmed publisher..The preliminary X-ray analysis of crystals diffracting to 3 A resolution is presented here. ..
- Polosina Y, Cupples C. MutL: conducting the cell's response to mismatched and misaligned DNA. Bioessays. 2010;32:51-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the process is regulated by conformational changes in MutL caused by cycles of ATP binding and hydrolysis, and by physiologic changes which influence effector availability. ..
- Sherratt A, Rouleau Y, Luebbert C, Strmiskova M, Veres T, Bidawid S, et al. Rapid Screening and Identification of Living Pathogenic Organisms via Optimized Bioorthogonal Non-canonical Amino Acid Tagging. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:1048-1055.e3 pubmed publisher..The methods reported allow for the very rapid screening and identification of living pathogenic organisms. ..
- Ramirez C, Louie K, Matheson A. A small basic ribosomal protein from the extreme thermophilic archaebacterium Sulfolobus solfataricus that has no equivalent in Escherichia coli. FEBS Lett. 1991;284:39-41 pubmed..The protein shows no sequence similarity to any of the ribosomal proteins from eubacteria (Escherichia coli) or to those that have been reported from eukaryotes. ..
- Yang D, Gunther I, Matheson A, Auer J, Spicker G, Bock A. The structure of the gene for ribosomal protein L5 in the archaebacterium Sulfolobus acidocaldarius. Biochimie. 1991;73:679-82 pubmed..These results support the concept of the archaebacteria as a monophyletic kingdom more closely related to eukaryotes than to eubacteria. ..
- Tao J, Ishiguro E. Nucleotide sequence of the murE gene of Escherichia coli. Can J Microbiol. 1989;35:1051-4 pubmed..The deduced primary structure of MurE comprised 471 amino acid residues with a molecular mass of 50.6 kilodaltons. ..
- Iyo A, Forsberg C. Features of the cellodextrinase gene from Fibrobacter succinogenes S85. Can J Microbiol. 1994;40:592-6 pubmed..succinogenes S85. Short regions of similarity were also demonstrated with endoglucanase C from Clostridium thermocellum, CelA from Ruminococcus flavefaciens, and two exoglucanases from yeast...
- Bogdan J, Newlands Monteith C, Ellis J. Nitric oxide production following in vitro stimulation of ovine pulmonary alveolar macrophages. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 1997;56:299-310 pubmed..Species differences in inducible NO production may affect the efficacy of clearance of bacterial infections and be responsible for inter-host differences in disease expression following infection by intracellular pathogens...
- Mah T, Li J, Davidson A, Greenblatt J. Functional importance of regions in Escherichia coli elongation factor NusA that interact with RNA polymerase, the bacteriophage lambda N protein and RNA. Mol Microbiol. 1999;34:523-37 pubmed..coli elongation factors, NusB, NusG and ribosomal protein S10. ..
- Degousee N, Ghomashchi F, Stefanski E, Singer A, Smart B, Borregaard N, et al. Groups IV, V, and X phospholipases A2s in human neutrophils: role in eicosanoid production and gram-negative bacterial phospholipid hydrolysis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5061-73 pubmed
- Aoki H, Xu J, Emili A, Chosay J, Golshani A, Ganoza M. Interactions of elongation factor EF-P with the Escherichia coli ribosome. FEBS J. 2008;275:671-81 pubmed publisher..We also report that EF-P promotes a ribosome-dependent accommodation of fMet-tRNA into the 70S P-site. ..
- Podzelinska K, He S, Soares A, Zechel D, Hove Jensen B, Jia Z. Expression, purification and preliminary diffraction studies of PhnP. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:554-7 pubmed publisher..Data were collected to 1.3 A and the crystals belonged to space group C2, with unit-cell parameters a = 111.65, b = 75.41, c = 83.23 A, alpha = gamma = 90, beta = 126.3 degrees . ..
- Ni B, Rush S, Gurd J, Brown I. Molecular cloning of calmodulin mRNA species which are preferentially expressed in neurons in the rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1992;13:7-17 pubmed..In situ hybridization studies revealed that the two calmodulin mRNAs are expressed strongly in neuronal cells in the adult rat brain. Levels of the two mRNA species increased during early postnatal development. ..
- MacLeod D, Gyles C, Wilcock B. Reproduction of edema disease of swine with purified Shiga-like toxin-II variant. Vet Pathol. 1991;28:66-73 pubmed..The vascular lesions were observed in the cerebellar folia, submucosa and mucosa of the stomach, cecum, colon, and sporadically in the retina. None of the clinical signs associated with endotoxin were observed...
- Drolet M, Phoenix P, Menzel R, Masse E, Liu L, Crouch R. Overexpression of RNase H partially complements the growth defect of an Escherichia coli delta topA mutant: R-loop formation is a major problem in the absence of DNA topoisomerase I. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:3526-30 pubmed..In addition, we found that a combination of topA and rnhA mutations is lethal. ..